PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Serve it up: I'll eat some crow

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Thus far I have GROSSLY underestimated the run defense.

Romeo has made a huge difference, and Glenn Dorsey and Ron Edwards are playing eleventy-billion times better than last year. Romeo's scheme is getting it done.

If they can continue to play run defense like this, it's gonna be a helluva ride - we'll have a chance in almost every game we play.

Keep rolling, boys - and the fans need to do their part - but some fucking tickets, people. Too many empty seats today.

What a fun game.

Bane
09-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Fugg it.We're all wrong here and there,if not more so than not.Enjoy the win.

-King-
09-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Wish I could rep you. But yeah I agree with everything you said.
Posted via Mobile Device

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Whodathunkit, coaching does matter

My crow tastes good...

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Rep for admitting you were wrong.

Fritz88
09-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Happy to eat my words.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7031080&postcount=29

notorious
We are all Chiefs fans.

Don't feel bad about caring a lot and giving your opinions. We are all wrong a lot on this board.

Bewbies
If my 6 win prediction comes true what a crappy season. Unreal.

KCUnited
09-26-2010, 02:47 PM
I gave KC a 0% chance of winning this game before the season started, I changed it to 40% this week. 2 time loser here.

CaliforniaChief
09-26-2010, 02:48 PM
http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/images/blogimages/2009/04/24/1240605367-eating_crow.jpg

There ya go.

That said, we all are surprised by the performance. Enjoy a great day!

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 02:49 PM
We are all Chiefs fans.

Don't feel bad about caring a lot and giving your opinions. We are all wrong a lot on this board.

True but we aren't all as wrong and as adamant about calling others idiots that don't agree with what we think.

I am not talking about OTWP right now.

I have always said it is easier to be a hater, if you are wrong you just say "Oops I was wrong and I am glad".

If you are a supporter and you are wrong you get lit up .

BWillie
09-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Wow! That is all I can say. I thought it'd be a close game w/ the niners pulling out a victory or a chiefs winning a ball control battle. The Chiefs beat the niners pretty much in every part of the game.

Tribal Warfare
09-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Yep, I never have thought the defense would be this good after what we saw in the preseason

RippedmyFlesh
I just want the Pioli haters to finally admit 1 thing.
Pioli>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Peterson

OnTheWarpath15
Rep for admitting you were wrong.

Not necessary, but thanks.

I just didn't see guys stepping up THIS big.

I figured Crennel would make more of an impact than Weis, but never saw Dorsey, Edwards and DJ making this big of a jump.

And this defense is MUCH better with Smith in Jackson's spot.

chiefs1111
I will eat crow as well. I really didn't think the Chiefs would finish any better than maybe 4-12 at best.

RippedmyFlesh
Pioli>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Peterson

rockymtnchief
09-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Anybody who thought the existing D-line was going to be this good, was either a homer or Nostradamus (sp).

Smed1065
09-26-2010, 02:52 PM

Romeo has made a huge difference, and Glenn Dorsey and Ron Edwards are playing eleventy-billion times better than last year. Romeo's scheme is getting it done.

If they can continue to play run defense like this, it's gonna be a helluva ride - we'll have a chance in almost every game we play.

Keep rolling, boys - and the fans need to do their part - but some fucking tickets, people. Too many empty seats today.

What a fun game.

Its all good. So did I and I am a homer.

Bane
09-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Anybody who thought the existing D-line was going to be this good, was either a homer or Nostradamus (sp).

They're playing like mad men.I'd never have guessed it.:eek:

Smed1065
09-26-2010, 02:56 PM

I figured Crennel would make more of an impact than Weis, but never saw Dorsey, Edwards and DJ making this big of a jump.

I agree but DL takes time. Nice to see improvement. Most of us have no patience considering history.

Bugeater
09-26-2010, 02:56 PM
I already but some fucking Donkey tickets.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 02:58 PM

I think the defense is better because of Crennel period. TJ already had his best game as a Chief and DJ is playing waaay more consistent.

All the way around it looks like we have more talent than expected and you have to give props to the FO for not stressing out about using picks on the front 7.

dirk digler
09-26-2010, 02:59 PM
I will eat some crow. So far I have been totally wrong about Moeki. The guy reminds of a certain #88 who used to wear the red and gold.

Ming the Merciless
09-26-2010, 03:01 PM
rep

Crow tastes pretty damn good if BBQ'd properly

sd4chiefs
09-26-2010, 03:02 PM
My LV $100 bet that the Chiefs would win less than 7 games is not looking so good. :)

Ebolapox
09-26-2010, 03:02 PM
I'll take mine with salt and ketchup, please. I never saw us playing this good on defense. coaching, it apparently makes a difference. I'll give credit to weis for making cassel look decent today. had some shitty throws, but some very good throws. maybe we have something here...

Fish
09-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Smith was all over that field today it looked like.

Belcher had a few good stuffs.

We really controlled the lines

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2010, 03:08 PM

Well, on this point, way, way too soon to tell. Jackson played very well against San Diego and that offense is a lot better than the Browns and the 49ers on offense combined.

I've been very happy with the way Smith has played, but I don't think it at all proves which player is better.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Pioli>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PetersonI don't think this was ever in question.

grandllama
09-26-2010, 03:13 PM
I will eat some crow. So far I have been totally wrong about Moeki. The guy reminds of a certain #88 who used to wear the red and gold.

Until that one handed grab in the endzone I though TM was looking exactly like TG when he was a kid.

Now I think differently.

That catch was above and beyond anything TG ever did at that age.

Love ya TG, but there is a new Tony in town.

Dave Lane
09-26-2010, 03:15 PM
I'll admit I thought they would be vastly improved but I NEVER thought they'd be this improved. That was a beat down.

the Talking Can
09-26-2010, 03:21 PM
i've been searching the archives for the "i apologize for cassel" threads that the You Must Apologize For Your Mostly Correct Opinions crowd posted after each and every game....can't find any

can we knock it off with butt hurt true fans who still think Cassel is the guy and real dumb pussies like pawnsmoker insisting the only way to celebrate a game is by apologizing?

thanks

blazzin311
09-26-2010, 03:21 PM
We are all Chiefs fans.

Exactly what I was sort of thinking...hell for that matter don't apologize that you underestimated the Chiefs D. Be happy you were perhaps wrong about them with your initial expectations. If your expectations were right the Chiefs might be 0-3 right now instead of 3-0. The D the Chiefs are playing right now should keep them in a lot of games.

TheGuardian
09-26-2010, 03:24 PM
It's hard for me to believe that some people don't think that coaching makes that big of a difference.

This is exactly why playing and coaching and having experience on the field does matter in terms of giving opinion over someone who hasn't. Coaching matters a LOT. In terms of both scheming, adjustments, and having guys motivated to play. The thing I see with the defense that I really notice, is that they play with an attitude that has been lacking since the days of Dale Carter, Hasty, Neil Smith, and DT. I believe Crennel is a big reason for that.

There is so much crow to go around it's hard to know where to start. Idiots who said that Dorsey was playing out of position/is a bust/should be traded while we can. That the Haley hire was stupid. That the Pioli hire was stupid. That drafting Arenas and McCluster was stupid. That drafting Moeaki was stupid.

I still even think Tyson Jackson will pan out too, so the crowing eating isn't quite done yet maybe.

The Chiefs are 3-0 though and the defense looks completely legit. The run game is legit and if Cassel can just be a care taker it could be a playoff team. This team isn't built to come from behind so as long as they can keep games close, they will have a shot each week.

the Talking Can
09-26-2010, 03:28 PM
It's hard for me to believe that some people don't think that coaching makes that big of a difference.

This is exactly why playing and coaching and having experience on the field does matter in terms of giving opinion over someone who hasn't. Coaching matters a LOT. In terms of both scheming, adjustments, and having guys motivated to play. The thing I see with the defense that I really notice, is that they play with an attitude that has been lacking since the days of Dale Carter, Hasty, Neil Smith, and DT. I believe Crennel is a big reason for that.

There is so much crow to go around it's hard to know where to start. Idiots who said that Dorsey was playing out of position/is a bust/should be traded while we can. That the Haley hire was stupid. That the Pioli hire was stupid. That drafting Arenas and McCluster was stupid. That drafting Moeaki was stupid.

I still even think Tyson Jackson will pan out too, so the crowing eating isn't quite done yet maybe.

The Chiefs are 3-0 though and the defense looks completely legit. The run game is legit and if Cassel can just be a care taker it could be a playoff team. This team isn't built to come from behind so as long as they can keep games close, they will have a shot each week.

no one cares what your drunk idiot ass thinks

KChiefs1
09-26-2010, 03:31 PM
I predicted an 8-8 record but that might be underestimating these Chiefs!

TheGuardian
09-26-2010, 03:33 PM

I care more about that turd I flushed down the toilet this morning than what a pussy ass queer like you thinks. Got that?

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 03:40 PM
I didn't expect this either. Although maybe I should have. Crennel's always been portrayed as a d-line guru, and it sure looks like it through 3 weeks. But to be this good this early in the season? Never anticipated that. And, all due respect to Soren Petro and his anti Berry ranting last week, I think we can probably credit a good portion of that Berry and the secondary; they're letting him scheme things that they couldn't have even tried with Mike Brown starting.

As far as TJack goes, I think we might want to hold off on him until he's actually been on the field a bit more. He looked good for three quarters against San Diego, and I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he's maybe progressed along with the rest of the front-7. Can't really say one way or the other at this point.

The real test comes after the bye, though...

Pioli Zombie
09-26-2010, 03:41 PM
I've gained a ton of respect for OTWP.
And Cassel had an 111 qb rating today I'm sure because last week I said its time to put in Croyle.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 03:47 PM
The defense has improved exponentially. I knew they'd improve with the acquisitions of Berry, Lewis, Smith and Crennel, but I NEVER imagined it would be to this degree. It's shocking.

Weis designed an excellent game plan for Cassel and the offense today and if that continues (along with the defense), we're looking at a 10+ win team and if they get into the playoffs, lookout.

The Chiefs have weapons EVERWHERE on offense and are winning without much contribution from Bowe and Chambers. If they can get them involved as the season moves along, this team will be a serious playoff threat.

Reaper16
09-26-2010, 03:48 PM

I agree with the majority of what TheGuardian posted. But I also agree completely with The Talking Can.

RippedmyFlesh
09-26-2010, 03:55 PM

What a fun game.
Romeo baby.
The best DC we have had since cowher.
It's not even like we have had average DC's .
You know the list it's sickening.
I wanted Romeo as soon as pioli was hired.
This doesn't prove you wrong it just proves talent can be coached up.
We just haven't seen that here in a while so you were correct in being skeptical.
I am not just being a homer in saying there is a lot of talent on the D side.
I am happy we have above average coaching(how long has it been since you felt that way?) that can utilize the talent there.

milkman
09-26-2010, 04:14 PM
I expeted Dorsey to make strides.

I didn't expect that Edwards would ever be able to play as effectively as he has so far this season.

And Belcher has just been nails behind that line.

And while Berry is still making rookie mistakes in pass defense, his run support has been outstanding.

Coaching, scheme, and players raising the level of play, while maintaining discipline have all contributed.

I never expected it all would come together like this, and so quickly.

I was right there with path talking about how this defense would be gashed.

Buehler445
09-26-2010, 04:20 PM
YES. My crow is prepared to perfection. Outstanding win today. Seriously, how long has it been since we beat the ever living shit out of somebody, Donko season ender not withstanding.

If we could get some crow served up for Cassel (verified crow, not just one game), we would be one hell of a team.
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler
09-26-2010, 04:24 PM
I expeted Dorsey to make strides.

I didn't expect that Edwards would ever be able to play as effectively as he has so far this season.

And Belcher has just been nails behind that line.

And while Berry is still making rookie mistakes in pass defense, his run support has been outstanding.

Coaching, scheme, and players raising the level of play, while maintaining discipline have all contributed.

I never expected it all would come together like this, and so quickly.

I was right there with path talking about how this defense would be gashed.

Berry gave up no big plays today so that is a huge positive and I agree he has been great in run support

milkman
09-26-2010, 04:29 PM
YES. My crow is prepared to perfection. Outstanding win today. Seriously, how long has it been since we beat the ever living shit out of somebody, Donko season ender not withstanding.

If we could get some crow served up for Cassel (verified crow, not just one game), we would be one hell of a team.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have been as critical of Cassel as anyone, but I'm going to repeat somrthing I've been saying.

When Cassel has confidence in a decision to make a throw, he has some zip and is much more effective.

If these receivers can keep making plays for Cassel, he'll gain confidence and will be a far more effective QB than he has shown to this point.

This game can be a step in the right direction.

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm not going to criticize Cassel for anything he did today, but that flea-flicker to Bowe outlines just how limited his arm strength really is. Traveled, what, 45 yards in the air, and it looked like he put every ounce of oomph that he has into it. But it was right on the money, and a huge, huge play.

RippedmyFlesh
09-26-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm not going to criticize Cassel for anything he did today, but that flea-flicker to Bowe outlines just how limited his arm strength really is. Traveled, what, 45 yards in the air, and it looked like he put every ounce of oomph that he has into it. But it was right on the money, and a huge, huge play.
From the 50 he threw it 7 yards into the endzone.
So 57 not 45.
And it wasn't a wounded duck.
Just saying.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81ad5d4a/Flea-flicker-turns-into-thrilling-Chiefs-TD

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Not sure why I thought he threw it from the 40 and not the 50. Brain fart. Either way, I wasn't trying to criticize the throw itself, it was his best deep ball as a Chief, even better than the one to Copper at the beginning of the blowout in Denver last year. Point was that it takes everything he has to make that throw. But it was a perfect play, in every way, from the call to the execution by all 11 guys.

09-26-2010, 05:13 PM
They are halfway to my win prediction for the year.

kysirsoze
09-26-2010, 05:16 PM

I think the homeriest of homers underestimated this run defense. I haven't been this happy with the defense since DT was playing. I got to where I was looking forward to the defense being back on the field jus to see them throttle the 49ers down after down.

milkman
09-26-2010, 05:18 PM
They are halfway to my win prediction for the year.

They are more than halfway to my win prediction, and that doesn't suck.

TheGuardian
09-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Haley and Crennel gambled on the existing players playing better in a better scheme, AND growing in the NFL. This team is young. Dorsey looks like the guy we thought he would be and the defense improved a ton just by inserting Belcher and DJ in the middle (why did it take Johnson so long to show up like this?). Those two are filling their gaps and making great reads, and that is one of the biggest reasons the run defense has improved so much.

Also apparently Ron Edwards, at 340 pounds, does just fine at nose tackle when coached properly.

I suspect that Tyson Jackson next season will be having a similar impact as Dorsey this season. But Smith has been a real pleasant surprise in his absence.

RedThat
09-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey no worries OTWP58, appreciate your honesty. Sometimes I agree w/ you, and some times not. But yeah I agree w/ you, if we could stop the run the way we are, this defense is already doing half of what its expected to do. All it'll do is open up the pass rush. And I have to say, great game by Hali today!

You know what? I'll eat my crow...I called Dorsey a bust two years ago. I'll eat it, but won't choke on it. dude proved me wrong. Go chiefs all the way baby! **** yeah

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 05:48 PM
They are more than halfway to my win prediction, and that doesn't suck.I went with 7 and was all but convinced that I was being overoptimistic by a game.

TheGuardian
09-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Hey no worries OTWP58, appreciate your honesty. Sometimes I agree w/ you, and some times not. But yeah I agree w/ you, if we could stop the run the way we are, this defense is already doing half of what its expected to do. All it'll do is open up the pass rush. And I have to say, great game by Hali today!

You know what? I'll eat my crow...I called Dorsey a bust two years ago. I'll eat it, but won't choke on it. dude proved me wrong. Go chiefs all the way baby! **** yeah

That's kind of the point. Why in the hell were there people calling dorsey a bust in his rookie year at a position that has a KNOWN learning curve of about 3 years?

milkman
09-26-2010, 05:59 PM
That's kind of the point. Why in the hell were there people calling dorsey a bust in his rookie year at a position that has a KNOWN learning curve of about 3 years?

Don't act like you're the only person who thought that there were people jumping the gun.

Hell, I don't even remember you being around in his rookie season.

TheGuardian
09-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Don't act like you're the only person who thought that there were people jumping the gun.

Hell, I don't even remember you being around in his rookie season.

I'm not seeing where I even remotely implied I was the only guy here saying people were completely bat shit crazy for calling Dorsey a bust as a rookie. There were other people saying it as well, but the batshit crazy crowd wouldn't listen.

Just like they won't listen on Tyson Jackson either.

It doesn't matter if I started posting yesterday, the fact is we had people here calling a Dorsey a bust, what 7 games into his rookie season? Same for Tyson Jackson.

Some posters here are idiots beyond comprehension.

-King-
09-26-2010, 06:28 PM
I wonder how long it will take Mecca to come here.

If the Chiefs would have lost, Mecca would have 80 posts about how the draft sucks and that we should have drafted Taylor Mays over McCluster ROFL

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 06:29 PM
4 wins in a row, it has been 4 mediocre to bad teams. Still in the past we would have went 2-2 under previous coaching.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Crow tastes pretty damn good when you are winning.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Crow tastes pretty damn good when you are winning.

Shut up and eat. And then shut up some more.

TheGuardian
09-26-2010, 06:33 PM
I wonder how long it will take Mecca to come here.

If the Chiefs would have lost, Mecca would have 80 posts about how the draft sucks and that we should have drafted Taylor Mays over McCluster ROFL

This.

I've already asked where he is. When we lose he's all over the place. When we win he is no where to be found. He's NOT a chiefs fan. He never has been. I can't believe people think he actually is.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Shut up and eat. And then shut up some more.

They keep winning like today, I'll keep eating alot of crow. Today was fun game.

Crush
09-26-2010, 06:43 PM
I like eating crow. This defense has improved dramatically. Let us see if they can keep it up. I want to go on record and say I was completely FAIL wrong about the McCluster pick. I love how this team is genuinely fighting week in and week out. The loser mentality that Herm installed is officially gone.

Our next meeting is against the Colts. I want us the ever living shit out of those motherfuckers. This team has two weeks to prepare for it. I have complete confidence in this team to take advantage of these two weeks.

Buehler445
09-26-2010, 06:54 PM
I like eating crow. This defense has improved dramatically. Let us see if they can keep it up. I want to go on record and say I was completely FAIL wrong about the McCluster pick. I love how this team is genuinely fighting week in and week out. The loser mentality that Herm installed is officially gone.

Our next meeting is against the Colts. I want us the ever living shit out of those motherfuckers. This team has two weeks to prepare for it. I have complete confidence in this team to take advantage of these two weeks.

After the Chargers game I commented on the absolute fucking intensity they came with. Defensively at least. I love it. It makes it fun to watch again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 06:56 PM
They keep winning like today, I'll keep eating alot of crow. Today was fun game.

Yes it was.:clap:

Saul Good
09-26-2010, 07:02 PM
4 wins in a row, it has been 4 mediocre to bad teams. Still in the past we would have went 2-2 under previous coaching.

San Diego is not mediocre to bad. How many years in a row have they won the division?

FD
09-26-2010, 07:08 PM

For sure, did you see Taylor Mays out there? He was a beast today, one special teams tackle and one special teams holding penalty. That is top 5 talent.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 07:10 PM
San Diego is not mediocre to bad. How many years in a row have they won the division?

Not dissin SD but they have been notoriously slow starters. They lost to Seattle today after looking good last week.

ChiefaRoo
09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
The defense has improved exponentially. I knew they'd improve with the acquisitions of Berry, Lewis, Smith and Crennel, but I NEVER imagined it would be to this degree. It's shocking.

Weis designed an excellent game plan for Cassel and the offense today and if that continues (along with the defense), we're looking at a 10+ win team and if they get into the playoffs, lookout.

The Chiefs have weapons EVERWHERE on offense and are winning without much contribution from Bowe and Chambers. If they can get them involved as the season moves along, this team will be a serious playoff threat.

Dane, you pussy.

Brock
09-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Any mecca sightings today?

ChiefaRoo
09-26-2010, 07:44 PM

Mecca is chugging' cock outside of Staples right now.

DJ's left nut
09-26-2010, 07:44 PM
I'll take some arrows here as well.

Our QB still sucks, but Romeo has done some absolutely incredible things with this defense.

Smith and Dorsey looked outstanding today and the whole team seems to be playing with its hair on fire.

Though I don't think anyone expected this kind of performance from this team, I'll take some heat from those that expected Romeo to make a major difference.

Props to the Chiefs today, this was as dominant a performance as you'll ever see. Thank you Romeo and thank you Pioli for shitcanning Pendergast.

Ebolapox
09-26-2010, 07:45 PM

I want us to the whole thing! no homo, of course.

beach tribe
09-26-2010, 07:48 PM

It actually pissed me off when the announcers started talking about the conditioning that Haley laid on em', because I didn't want to sound like I was parroting them when I brought it up, but Ron Edwards seems to be much more conditioned, and in overall better shape than he ever has been after his second year in this. He was like a spry rookie in the second half, and although we held the TOP advantage, it's still evident that everyone on this team is in better shape than they were under the loser who was here before.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Of course there's no Mecca sightings.

Mother fucker lives on Chiefsplanet when we are perennial losers. When they win, he so happens to find a "life".

Fuck him.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM
It actually pissed me off when the announcers started talking about the conditioning that Haley laid on em', because I didn't want to sound like I was parroting them when I brought it up, but Ron Edwards seems to be much more conditioned, and in overall better shape than he ever has been after his second year in this. He was like a spry rookie in the second half, and although we held the TOP advantage, it's still evident that everyone on this team is in better shape than they were under the loser who was here before.

Everyone blasted the FO for not "fixing" the front 7 through the draft. It seem they had a better idea on the the talent level than CP.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Of course there's no Mecca sightings.

Mother ****er lives on Chiefsplanet when we are perennial losers. When they win, he so happens to find a "life".

**** him.

What is he going to say? He pretty much blast everything the FO does so he would have to eat shit.

Sure-Oz
09-26-2010, 07:57 PM
I'll take some arrows here as well.

Our QB still sucks, but Romeo has done some absolutely incredible things with this defense.

Smith and Dorsey looked outstanding today and the whole team seems to be playing with its hair on fire.

Though I don't think anyone expected this kind of performance from this team, I'll take some heat from those that expected Romeo to make a major difference.

Props to the Chiefs today, this was as dominant a performance as you'll ever see. Thank you Romeo and thank you Pioli for shitcanning Pendergast.

If we can just get a real QB look out...

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Everyone blasted the FO for not "fixing" the front 7 through the draft. It seem they had a better idea on the the talent level than CP.

"Everyone"?

No.

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Happy to eat my words.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7031080&postcount=29I don't understand why people say crazy crap like this in the first place.

beach tribe
09-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Haley and Crennel gambled on the existing players playing better in a better scheme, AND growing in the NFL. This team is young. Dorsey looks like the guy we thought he would be and the defense improved a ton just by inserting Belcher and DJ in the middle (why did it take Johnson so long to show up like this?). Those two are filling their gaps and making great reads, and that is one of the biggest reasons the run defense has improved so much.

Also apparently Ron Edwards, at 340 pounds, does just fine at nose tackle when coached properly.

I suspect that Tyson Jackson next season will be having a similar impact as Dorsey this season. But Smith has been a real pleasant surprise in his absence.

Dorsey looks BOSS at DE. You know, the position that he would never be any good at?
I honestly think he's gonna go Donkey Kong real soon. He just keeps getting better. His ceiling is limitless.

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2010, 07:59 PM
"Everyone"?

No.Exactly. It was pretty clear that Romeo didn't think we needed to spend a high pick on a NT. Similarly, Weis didn't want to dump a pick on his college QB.

FAX
09-26-2010, 08:01 PM

I have learned that ChiefsPlanet is ... reactionary.

We are akin to Che Guevaras on amphetamines. It doesn't take much to send us into a crowd of disbelievers with a Czechoslovakian machine-gun.

FAX

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 08:03 PM
"Everyone"?

No.

Yea, most every one of the draftabators. Why do you have to think every post is about you?

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2010, 08:03 PM

Like the one playing in Miami tonight. :D

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Exactly. It was pretty clear that Romeo didn't think we needed to spend a high pick on a NT. Similarly, Weis didn't want to dump a pick on his college QB.

And this place went nuts about it.

Rausch
09-26-2010, 08:05 PM

This.

dirk digler
09-26-2010, 08:05 PM

He made a couple of posts saying he was impressed but not much else.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Yea, most every one of the draftabators. Why do you have to think every post is about you?

Because of the accusation for the past 21 months.

For the record, I'M the guy that said Moeaki would have been a high first rounder if not for the injuries, which was met with MUCH opposition.

Now look at him...

TheGuardian
09-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Dorsey looks BOSS at DE. You know, the position that he would never be any good at?
I honestly think he's gonna go Donkey Kong real soon. He just keeps getting better. His ceiling is limitless.

Imagine that. Dorsey said this position is actually more similar to what he did in college (something I said before he said that) and he's thriving in it.

Meanwhile some posters still stick to BS pre draft write ups that said Dorsey was the next Warren Sapp even though they were never EVER similar style players. Dorsey is not a penetrator type linemen. He's a control gap dominator that sometimes gets into the backfield. Exactly what he's doing now.

People need to learn how to watch players and break them down rather than regurgitate dumbass draft blog writers.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2010, 08:11 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7039899&postcount=64

Mecca
09-26-2010, 08:12 PM
You can serve me the crow, I'll admit I was wrong. The defense is far better than I expected especially the front 7.

They're basically 1 player away from being a dominant level defense.

It was a very impressive complete performance, and Moeaki impressed me.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Because of the accusation for the past 21 months.

For the record, I'M the guy that said Moeaki would have been a high first rounder if not for the injuries, which was met with MUCH opposition.

Now look at him...

You aren't the only one who was fine with the Moeaki pick and you were very positive about the entire draft class.

You are the exception to the draftorbators this year.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 08:14 PM
You can serve me the crow, I'll admit I was wrong. The defense is far better than I expected especially the front 7.

:clap: You are in step 1 of a 12 step I hate the Chief's FO program.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 08:14 PM
You aren't the only one who was fine with the Moeaki pick and you were very positive about the entire draft class.

You are the exception to the draftorbators this year.

This year?

Go ahead and prove I was wrong about 2009 or 2008 (in which I was HIGHLY enthusiastic.).

johnny961
09-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Looks like I'm eating crow too. I was dogging us during the draft for not addressing our d-line and for drafting guys like McCluster and Moeaki (sp??) instead and the d-line I was dogging has played their asses off and the playmakers I dogged us for drafting are making a HUGE difference in these games. Shows what I know.

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Looks like I'm eating crow too. I was dogging us during the draft for not addressing our d-line and for drafting guys like McCluster and Moeaki (sp??) instead and the d-line I was dogging has played their asses off and the playmakers I dogged us for drafting are making a HUGE difference in these games. Shows what I know.You shouldn't be expected to "know" this kind of stuff; the front office is.

BossChief
09-26-2010, 08:23 PM

Now look at him...Well, I had been pounding that drum since way before the draft...but, yeah, you were right there with me after the draft.

Remember all those conversations we had about the guy before the draft? When you kept asking me "why do you keep pounding about this guy that is no better than the 17th rated tight end in the class?"

Now, you know why.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Remember all those conversations we had about the guy before the draft? When you kept asking me "why do you keep pounding about this guy that is no better than the 17th rated tight end in the class?"

Now, you know why.

It was evident in game one.

It's absolutely amazing to me that this guy has made more impact in three games than Gonzalez did in his entire rookie season.

I'm not comparing careers, just making an observation.

LOCOChief
09-26-2010, 08:36 PM
I said in June that we'd go 9-7 to 10-6, win the div and make the playoffs and guess what?,

I'm sticking to it.

Not like anyone gives cares what I think but I talk this shit all the time and my family was really giving me alot of trouble for it, subsiquently they're more then happy to be eatin the crow.

BossChief
09-26-2010, 08:41 PM
It was evident in game one.

It's absolutely amazing to me that this guy has made more impact in three games than Gonzalez did in his entire rookie season.

I'm not comparing careers, just making an observation.

Im just glad that WE got him.

BossChief
09-26-2010, 08:44 PM
I said in June that we'd go 9-7 to 10-6, win the div and make the playoffs and guess what?,

I'm sticking to it.

Not like anyone gives cares what I think but I talk this shit all the time and my family was really giving me alot of trouble for it, subsiquently they're more then happy to be eatin the crow.
I said we would go anywhere between 8-8 and 10-6...dependent on how Cassel plays.

I also stick by that and I nailed the last two years record as well (well, close enough...I called 3-13 for 08)

Bosstradamus, bitches.

Well, so far anyway.

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2010, 08:46 PM

IMO, they are 2 players away from being a dominant defense.

They need a NT (Edwards isn't getting younger) and an elite pass rusher.

milkman
09-26-2010, 08:47 PM
I never questioned Moeaki talent.

I questioned his surability.

I hope to hell he can allay those durability concerns, but we are only 3 games into the season.

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2010, 08:47 PM

I hope to hell he can allay those durability concerns, but we are only 3 games into the season.

I don't recall anyone questioning his talent.

FAX
09-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Just for the record, I'm passing on the crow. I've had confidence in Crennel and Weis and their potential to make a significant difference in this very young team.

Still, there's a lot of season left.

It's interesting, though, how much Haley played up both the talent and experience of this 49r team all week ... calling this their biggest game and obstacle to date. Somehow or other, he had his guys ready for the challenge.

I'm coming to the conclusion that, if our extremely inexperienced defensive backfield can grow and learn quickly, it looks as though we should be able to play with the big boys.

FAX

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2010, 08:49 PM

And QB on offense. Its close to what we all expected when the 2008 rebuilt began. Suck ass in 2008, 2009. 8-8 in 2010, start of the dyntasy in 2011.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 08:52 PM

I may get blasted for this but here goes.

NT is fine for now,

Hali had some good pressure at key times today.

JA got a lot of sacks but when it counted it seemed he was never there. 2-3 sacks 1st half then he disappeared. What big play in a key moment did JA ever make? I know I am getting off track a bit thinking about big time pass rushers.

DT (not comparing Hali to him) made plays when they counted.

Hali poured it on today when it counted. I hope he continues.

milkman
09-26-2010, 08:52 PM

That's the thing with this draft.

I never questioned the talent, but the questions I did have were short term durabilty with Moeaki and long term durability with McCluster.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 08:53 PM

No but the pick was mega questioned.

Saul Good
09-26-2010, 08:54 PM
And QB on offense. Its close to what we all expected when the 2008 rebuilt began. Suck ass in 2008, 2009. 8-8 in 2010, start of the dyntasy in 2011.

I'm not ready to settle for 5-8 from here on out this year.

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2010, 08:55 PM

And it should have been, considering the kid missed 26 of 52 (IIRC) games in his college career.

Here's hoping he stays healthy, because he's been a nice addition when he's on the field.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2010, 08:55 PM
JA got a lot of sacks but when it counted it seemed he was never there. 2-3 sacks 1st half then he disappeared. What big play in a key moment did JA ever make? I know I am getting off track a bit thinking about big time pass rushers.

Nope thats JA for you. :clap:

milkman
09-26-2010, 08:56 PM

It's only been 3 games.

The big question is still unanswered.

Let's hope the answer is positive.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Nope thats JA for you. :clap:

Damn we agree on something. :D

dirk digler
09-26-2010, 08:58 PM

Yep. Same thing for me.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 08:59 PM
It's only been 3 games.

The big question is still unanswered.

Let's hope the answer is positive.

Yea but if you look at the injuries, they weren't nagging types of things. It was more bad luck.

He stays healthy it was an excellent pick.

Coach
That's the thing with this draft.

I never questioned the talent, but the questions I did have were short term durabilty with Moeaki and long term durability with McCluster.

And understandably so. But that's the odd thing about players. They could be injury prone in college, but never miss a game to injury in the pros.

A player who was never/rarely gets injured in college, could get constantly injured.

Life works in strange ways, I suppose.

milkman
Damn we agree on something. :D

There's alot of people who agree on that.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 09:01 PM
There's alot of people who agree on that.

Resigning JA would have been better $ spent then LJ but I think making JA the highest paid player on defense in the NFL at the time was equally as retarded.

Coach
09-26-2010, 09:01 PM

Okay, say they are two players away, who would be the idealist NT and pass-rusher needed, going to the off-season.

Disclaimer: Granted, it is still early to make assumptions, but figured, why not dream?

Titty Meat
09-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Everyone seems to get along bette on here when we're winning too.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Resigning JA would have been better $ spent then LJ but I think making JA the highest paid player on defense in the NFL at the time was equally as retarded.

I'll take Albert and Charles instead of JA, who would have been totally worthless in a 3-4.

Coach
09-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Everyone seems to get along bette on here when we're winning too.

Fuck you Husker Boy.

:D

Coogs
09-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Okay, say they are two players away, who would be the idealist NT and pass-rusher needed, going to the off-season.

Disclaimer: Granted, it is still early to make assumptions, but figured, why not dream?

I guess I didn't pay close enough attention, but I see where Toribio had one tackle and one assist. If anyone noticed his play, how was it? Maybe/hopefully NT is not going to be high priority after all.

Titty Meat
09-26-2010, 09:06 PM
**** you Husker Boy.

Hey we got another week til its time for smack :)

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2010, 09:19 PM

I haven't had the time to watch any college ball this season, so I can't say.

You can probably start with team captains that play in the Big 10 and the SEC, though.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2010, 09:32 PM

Don't laugh but Ole Miss has a pretty darn good NT - Jerrell Powe.

Coach
09-26-2010, 09:42 PM
I haven't had the time to watch any college ball this season, so I can't say.

You can probably start with team captains that play in the Big 10 and the SEC, though.

I know that Clark has said that the best way to build is through the draft, and I agree with that.

Now, with that said, the question begs, if KC is contending by the trade deadline, and is looking ways to improve the roster to make a playoff run, would you do it?

What would be a good scenerio for it? I mean, again, I know it's really early in the season, but it's kinda fun to discuss it, in general.

keg in kc
09-26-2010, 09:43 PM
I haven't had the time to watch any college ball this season, so I can't say.Oh, dude, that's too bad. This has been an awesome college season so far. Some terrific games.

TheGuardian
09-26-2010, 10:08 PM
I'll take Albert and Charles instead of JA, who would have been totally worthless in a 3-4.

Hell yeah.

Albert + Charles >>>>>>>>> Jared "I don't show up big in big games" Allen.

Fuck that guy. I never understood people being so enamored with him. He shows up small in close games.

-King-
09-26-2010, 10:10 PM
We should have drafted Clay Matthews instead of T. Jackson.

Seriously.

But I'd probably be out of sperm by mid season if we had done that.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2010, 10:11 PM
I think this off-season, we need to focus on:

Locking up Flowers long-term
Giving DJ a contract extension of about 2-3 years
Getting the NT (I'd also like to see this Green Bay NT because he's played well in limited action)
Get another pass rusher

Offensive line should be set. TE is set. Secondary is set. Linebackers don't need nearly as much as originally thought. DE's are set.

It's amazing what great coaching can do.

tk13
09-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Hell yeah.

Albert + Charles >>>>>>>>> Jared "I don't show up big in big games" Allen.

**** that guy. I never understood people being so enamored with him. He shows up small in close games.

I haven't watched too much of their games. Dilfer was saying today that teams are running right at him and neutralizing him a bit, just from wearing him down.

Coach
09-26-2010, 10:16 PM

Getting the NT (I'd also like to see this Green Bay NT because he's played well in limited action)
Get another pass rusher

Offensive line should be set. TE is set. Secondary is set. Linebackers don't need nearly as much as originally thought. DE's are set.

A pass-rusher will probably come along with a LB. Probably a rush-backer if you will, IMHO.

Would like to see Toribio get some reps to. I thought he looked decent, in limited time. We'll still will have to get some depth on the O-line, especially the center position and possibly a guard.

Brock
09-26-2010, 10:18 PM
I haven't watched too much of their games. Dilfer was saying today that teams are running right at him and neutralizing him a bit, just from wearing him down.

Just from a stats standpoint, he only shows up against GB.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Just from a stats standpoint, he only shows up against GB.

Which is pretty similar how he was here. He'd have some monster games and then vanish for weeks.

Coach
09-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Doesn't help him much though that the Williams (two of them) are not playing up to par either.

RippedmyFlesh
09-26-2010, 10:27 PM
I think that's we should do with freeney.
Going all the way back to DT running at pass rushers is a way to slow them down a bit.

RedThat
09-26-2010, 10:29 PM

Yup. I've said this before, but, honestly now Im coming to wonder though if the Chiefs actually really need both? These two are playing really solid football right now.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 10:30 PM

Get another pass rusher

The Chiefs need at least two pass rushing monster linebackers.

The defense would be Top Five for the entire season if they had them right now.

If the Chiefs had taken Matthews or Cushing instead of Jackson, this defense would be INSANE right now.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2010, 10:31 PM

Get another pass rusher

Pretty close to my list:
QB
Rush Backer
NT
C
Burner WR
ILB

The Bad Guy
09-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Pretty close to my list:
QB
Rush Backer
NT
C
Burner WR
ILB

I really think they need to get Johnson locked up. Something like 3 years, 14 million. The guy has silly talent and with this coaching, he is playing great.

I'd like a burner too, but I think we are married to Bowe and Chambers next year. I'm fine with Dexter and getting a rookie 4th.

I stood next to Casey Weigmann after the game and god is he smallish in person. I'm amazed he can actually hold his own against NT and DT's. We do need a center, but they are pretty easy to get.

It's my hope that Locker really falls in the draft (like Claussen) and we can go with him in 2 years because with the record we are going to have this year, we have no shot at Mallet or Luck.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2010, 10:35 PM
The Chiefs need at least two pass rushing monster linebackers.

The defense would be Top Five for the entire season if they had them right now.

If the Chiefs had taken Matthews or Cushing instead of Jackson, this defense would be INSANE right now.

I think one will do just fine. If they can get someone to take some heat off Tamba, they will roll.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 10:37 PM
I think one will do just fine. If they can get someone to take some heat off Tamba, they will roll.

I'm of the opinion that Hali should be a situational pass rusher. He's not great against the run and it would give him more time to rest. The guy takes a lot of snaps but if he were fresh for four quarters, he could to far more damage.

JMO.

Mecca
09-26-2010, 10:40 PM
If they take a rush backer it better be Akeem Ayers.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 10:43 PM

The Draft never sleeps

Coach
09-26-2010, 10:43 PM

This I do agree. I have seen him play in person (against Kansas State) and seen him play in some other games on TV. Guy is a bad ass motherfucker, and he has a knack of finding the ball.

BossChief
09-26-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm of the opinion that Hali should be a situational pass rusher. He's not great against the run and it would give him more time to rest. The guy takes a lot of snaps but if he were fresh for four quarters, he could to far more damage.

JMO.

He has been progressively better against the run and the better Dorsey gets, the less he has to do in that regard.

I still haven't forgotten about the fact that we have Studebaker waiting to get on the field either...he had a sack in about 10 snaps on defense today. I think he is the long term guy for us at LOLB.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 11:05 PM
I think he is the long term guy for us at LOLB.

I like Studebaker, but he pales in comparison to guys like Woodley and Harrison.

THAT'S the kind of guy I want opposite Hali.

BossChief
09-26-2010, 11:16 PM
I like Studebaker, but he pales in comparison to guys like Woodley and Harrison.

time will tell

In all fairness, he hasn't gotten a chance to showcase his talents much and when he has, he has produced as well as anyone. I think he can be a very very comparable player to Vrabel in his prime once he gets a shot, maybe better and that is plenty good enough.

The ONLY knock on Studebaker is the college he played for, everything else is there as a tool and I still think he will be a player.

Will he be to the level of Woodley (who I am a huge fan of at LOLB) I dont think so...will he be as good as Vrabel was? I think he can be.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 11:19 PM
time will tell

In all fairness, he hasn't gotten a chance to showcase his talents much and when he has, he has produced as well as anyone. I think he can be a very very comparable player to Vrabel in his prime once he gets a shot, maybe better and that is plenty good enough.

The ONLY knock on Studebaker is the college he played for, everything else is there as a tool and I still think he will be a player.

I know, Dude. I've been an advocate for Studebaker since the day he signed in 2008 and I'm a fan.

That said, he's no Woodley or Harrison. And if it takes him six years to "get it" like it did Vrabel, sadly, he'll be on another squad.

That said, I'd take Woodley or Harrison over Vrabel any day of the week.

Saccopoo
09-26-2010, 11:23 PM

Von Miller.

Period.

Put Hali on the left side, where he played in college and where he excelled tonight.

Get a guy with a blazing first step off the right side (Hali tries like hell, but he can't consistently beat the best LT's in the NFL), put a tenacious, all-effort guy like Hali on the left edge and you've got an amazing pass rush at that point.

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Some CP folks wanted to get rid of Dorsey. Seriously.

BossChief
09-26-2010, 11:47 PM
I know, Dude. I've been an advocate for Studebaker since the day he signed in 2008 and I'm a fan.

That said, he's no Woodley or Harrison. And if it takes him six years to "get it" like it did Vrabel, sadly, he'll be on another squad.

That said, I'd take Woodley or Harrison over Vrabel any day of the week.Studebaker isnt going anywhere for another 4 years iirc...his contract just got extended.

Von Miller.

Period.

Put Hali on the left side, where he played in college and where he excelled tonight.

Get a guy with a blazing first step off the right side (Hali tries like hell, but he can't consistently beat the best LT's in the NFL), put a tenacious, all-effort guy like Hali on the left edge and you've got an amazing pass rush at that point.
Hali would be a good pass rusher from the left side or right, but his rush defense would be a bigger liability as a full time LOLB.

I do like what I see in Von Miller though. Seems like a player.

Saccopoo
09-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Studebaker isnt going anywhere for another 4 years iirc...his contract just got extended.

Hali would be a good pass rusher from the left side or right, but his rush defense would be a bigger liability as a full time LOLB.

Dude, it's a 3-4. That's why you have two inside linebackers and a play up safety. And Hali drops back just fine. You need to compliment his style of play with a pure speed guy. And that's not saying that Miller can't play the run. He can. But he's got a first step that is at the very top end of what guys at that position can achieve. Give a guy like that the old DT Falcon role and let Hali work the switches and stunts and strong side, and you've got a formidable pass rush.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2010, 01:43 AM

What a fun game.

I'm flummoxed with joy!

Mmm.....TASTY crow!

TheGuardian
09-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Studebaker isnt going anywhere for another 4 years iirc...his contract just got extended.

Hali has been fine in run support so far.

It's amazing what a d-line who isn't allowing offensive linemen to crush you on the second level will do for a guy isn't it?

Hali is going to have a big year barring injury. I still have no idea why people are constantly looking to replace him. Almost every on this board has been wrong about him transitioning to outside linebacker in a 3-4.

tooge
09-27-2010, 07:39 AM
Ok OTWP, kudos for admitting you missed this one. I seem to remember quite a few guys bagging on Pioli last offseason for not bringing in Albert Haynesworth, and some others. Then everyone was bagging on the draft saying we didn't address the LB or WR positions at all. It is good to see that the FO seems to know more than its fan base around here regarding the state of the team. I'm optimistic that the Chiefs are finally headed in the right direction to building a perennial contender under the coaches and management they have in place.

Saul Good
09-27-2010, 08:11 AM
He has been progressively better against the run and the better Dorsey gets, the less he has to do in that regard.

I still haven't forgotten about the fact that we have Studebaker waiting to get on the field either...he had a sack in about 10 snaps on defense today. I think he is the long term guy for us at LOLB.

Hali routinely beats his man to the edge. He always has. Unfortunately, that's his only move and we haven't had any push up front, so th LT just let's him take himself out of the play.

Now that we are getting a push up the middle, the QB can't step up in the pocket and avoid Hali. I can't wait to get TJ back. He isn't any better than what we have out there now, but it will help to have fresh players. Also, he has upside.

Coach
09-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Hali routinely beats his man to the edge. He always has. Unfortunately, that's his only move and we haven't had any push up front, so th LT just let's him take himself out of the play.

Now that we are getting a push up the middle, the QB can't step up in the pocket and avoid Hali. I can't wait to get TJ back. He isn't any better than what we have out there now, but it will help to have fresh players. Also, he has upside.

Shaun Smith would like to punch your balls, sir.

Hug it Out Dan
09-27-2010, 11:44 AM
I admit I was wrong too. I thought we'd have trouble running the ball on them. I thought their front 7 was much better than anyone we've played so far this season. I thought they would make Cassel try to beat them and we'd be in some trouble and might have lost. Never did I think we would run all over them like we did, 2 RB's almost top the 100 yd mark, Cassel didn't shit the bed and threw for 3 TD's. I'm glad I was wrong.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2010, 12:25 PM
I admit I was wrong too. I thought we'd have trouble running the ball on them. I thought their front 7 was much better than anyone we've played so far this season. I thought they would make Cassel try to beat them and we'd be in some trouble and might have lost. Never did I think we would run all over them like we did, 2 RB's almost top the 100 yd mark, Cassel didn't shit the bed and threw for 3 TD's. I'm glad I was wrong.

If Cassel plays that kind of game against Indy and we get a win, I will officially get off his ass for the rest of season and start thinking about this team making a run this year.