PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Can We Beat The Colts Or Texans?

Dinny Bossa Nova
09-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Looking past the afterglow. (Yeah, I know)

Manning CAN be rattled, and it throws him off his ching. I don't know much about the Texans, but they evidently had trouble with Dallas today.

If your gonads dream, dream big. (I always say)

Dinny

Shogun
09-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Can we beat the Chargers?
Can we beat the Browns?
Can we beat the 49ers?

FUCK YEAH.

-King-
09-26-2010, 04:09 PM
We CAN...but likely not.

CaliforniaChief
Obviously we'll be dogs both times. If we can win 1 of those 2, I'll be ECSTATIC.

Tough sledding, though.

FAX
I think our defense may be real. They keep showing up.

If our D can perform at this level, I'd say it's not out of the question.

FAX

-King-
I'll say this though...Indy's run defense fucking sucks. TJ and JC should be able to do work on them.

Bane
09-26-2010, 04:10 PM
If the D can keep it close anything can happen I guess.

keg in kc
Sure we can. I don't expect that we will, but anything's possible.

kstater
The keys to both those games will be getting pass rush while containing all the receivers. Basic knowledge, but execution has been proven to be tough against those teams.

Shogun
I think everybody is forgetting our starting QB is John Elway.

DeezNutz
09-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Sure.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2010, 04:11 PM
They both look beatable today. We have 2 weeks to prepare for Indy.

Micjones
09-26-2010, 04:12 PM
We certainly can. If ANYBODY knows how to scheme against Manning...it's Crennel.
Couple that with the worst run defense in the league through 2 weeks.
And, sure, we've got a shot. A good one? Who knows, but if we can keep Cassel clean...you never know.

I would expect a better chance against the Texans though.
This is gonna be TOUGH no matter what. Coming away 1-1 would be MAJOR!

Bwana
09-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Yes

grandllama
09-26-2010, 04:13 PM
I think our D can play with the big boys.

I'm worried about our O but Indy has SERIOUS problems with run defense.

Dallas exposed some holes with Houston today.

Anything is possible if these kids keep their swagger.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 04:13 PM
I think the Chiefs can win both but I don't expect them to beat the Colts on the road.

I do think they'll beat the Texans at home.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2010, 04:14 PM
With Skeletor on our side, we can accomplish anything.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2rrmmb8.jpg (http://i53.tinypic.com/zvodhu.gif)

grandllama
09-26-2010, 04:15 PM
They both look beatable today. We have 2 weeks to prepare for Indy.

And as critical as I've been of our staff, right now, giving them two weeks to prepare a game plan is like giving Paris Hilton a mountain of coke.

They've gotta be drooling.

-King-
09-26-2010, 04:16 PM
I think the Chiefs can win both but I don't expect them to beat the Colts on the road.

The Texans game is away too.

Shogun
I almost wish we didn't have a bye, keep the momentum up coming off of 3 straight wins.

grandllama

He meant at the Texan's home :)

Bearcat
09-26-2010, 04:18 PM
Can we beat the Chargers?
Can we beat the Browns?
Can we beat the 49ers?

**** YEAH.

Can we beat Philip Rivers?
Can we beat Seneca Wallace?
Can we beat Alex Smith?

Can we beat Peyton Manning?

This place is read to explode with speculation on beating the Colts on the road, especially because we have 2 weeks to talk about it and Manning isn't looking great today... never say never, but if the Chiefs get down early, the run-it-down-their-throats gameplan might go out the window and they might be f***ed. We've capitalized on some big plays and trickeration this year, and will need both to keep it close on the road.

Paniero
09-26-2010, 04:22 PM
The Colts have beat KC more times than I'd like to remember when it counts, but I see KC being competitive in this game.

This is the game where KC can define its season. Regression/stagnation in the offense in this game can mean questions for the rest of the season. A win doesn't erase the questions, but makes the season all the more fun to watch.

kstater
09-26-2010, 04:25 PM

That's great and all, but I'm not sure when the next time they'll get the Texans at home.

RustShack
09-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Do the Colts have a bye week next week? Us having two weeks to prepare for them could help a lot.

Huffman83
09-26-2010, 04:27 PM
I think they will be good games and probably some of best teams KC plays this year. But I also thought the Niners game was going to be a good one!

Right now people will talk about the Chiefs and say "But they haven't played anyone yet."

Well...a lot of people thought that SD was going to be the powerhouse that they've been in the past and a lot of critics thought the Niners were going to rule the NFC west.

I now believe that KC has to chance to beat any team that comes up. If they lost to the Titans or the Colts or the Texans, that's a huge issue for if they make the playoffs because that's probably some the teams they'll play against if they go this year! Otherwise, from last weeks team rankings in defense the Colts are a great at defending the pass, but bottom of the barrel in defending the run.

Texans are low in defending the pass and tops when it comes to defending the run.

I worry about the Texans more than I do the Colts. But that's because the KC passing game is getting better statistically it's still a work in progress. And I just don't think Cassell would win a shootout w/ the Texans (much less Manning.)

Bearcat
09-26-2010, 04:29 PM
This is the game where KC can define its season.

The last two trips to Indy defined the Herm era for me, so it'll be interesting to see what this coaching staff comes up with in the next two weeks.

Do the Colts have a bye week next week? Us having two weeks to prepare for them could help a lot.

The Colts are @Jacksonville next week.

RippedmyFlesh
09-26-2010, 04:30 PM
I think the colts can be run on. Control the clock to limit manning's touches in a low scoring game is the only way to defense him. On the road is asking alot.
A low scoring ugly balls bouncing all over the place type thing is our best shot.
I don't put houston in the colts class.
If we come out 1-1 from this I would be very happy.

boogblaster
09-26-2010, 04:32 PM
We can .. We could .. We will ....

Rasputin
09-26-2010, 04:33 PM
I almost wish we didn't have a bye, keep the momentum up coming off of 3 straight wins.

That's what I think. I just want more Chiefs football , too soon for a bye week.

mikey23545
09-26-2010, 04:37 PM
That's great and all, but I'm not sure when the next time they'll get the Texans at home.

The playoffs? :)

milkman
09-26-2010, 04:37 PM
We certainly can. If ANYBODY knows how to scheme against Manning...it's Crennel.
And, sure, we've got a shot. A good one? Who knows, but if we can keep Cassel clean...you never know.

Bellichick always got credit for that defense, but it is becoming more and more clear that Crennel was a big part of that, and no one has done as good a job of defending Peyton Manning and the Colts as the Patriots with Crennel.

Crennel knows how to get in Manning's head.

grandllama
09-26-2010, 04:38 PM
The playoffs? :)

That's the spirit! :clap:

KCrockaholic
09-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Hmm... I don't think we beat the Colts, but we have a chance against Houston after seeing them choke today against the Cowboys.

grandllama
09-26-2010, 04:42 PM
The Colts have beat KC more times than I'd like to remember when it counts, but I see KC being competitive in this game.

This is the game where KC can define its season. Regression/stagnation in the offense in this game can mean questions for the rest of the season. A win doesn't erase the questions, but makes the season all the more fun to watch.

The scary thing is, if we beat Indy... we aren't flying under the radar any more. The kids will have to learn to live with the spotlight.

Smed1065
09-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Obviously we'll be dogs both times. If we can win 1 of those 2, I'll be ECSTATIC.

Tough sledding, though.

This/That

Gonzo
09-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Meh, I'm happy with what they've done thus far. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop though. If we can win one of those two and keep the other one close, I'll be ready to proclaim this team officially good.
Posted via Mobile Device

beer bacon
09-26-2010, 04:48 PM
We might not be dogs in the Texas game. They looked pretty bad today, and our stock team's stock is way up now. They are playing @Oakland and the Giants the next two weeks. Those are two games Houston should win. If they look bad in those games and win one or both, they are gonna lose that gleam.

beer bacon
09-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Meh, I'm happy with what they've done thus far. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop though. If we can win one of those two and keep the other one close, I'll be ready to proclaim this team officially good.
Posted via Mobile Device

We are 3-0, and we just destroyed the best run defense team in the NFL over the last couple years by running for over 200 yards. You don't need to look over your shoulder. There will be plenty of time for that type of stuff if our team sucks for the rest of the year :)

Huffman83
09-26-2010, 05:05 PM
We might not be dogs in the Texas game. They looked pretty bad today, and our stock team's stock is way up now. They are playing @Oakland and the Giants the next two weeks. Those are two games Houston should win. If they look bad in those games and win one or both, they are gonna lose that gleam.

"There's a gleam!!"

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/martya1120.jpg

milkman
09-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

The other shoe has dropped.

Winning has drawn mememe out of the shithole and into the lounge.

crispystl
09-26-2010, 05:13 PM
We will run the ball down the colts throat and Peyton will carve us up so it's a wash imop.

09-26-2010, 05:14 PM
I fully expect to me 3-2

Pioli Zombie
09-26-2010, 05:15 PM
With a strong defense and a strong running game any game is winnable. 200 yards a game from Cassel with no INTs and that's your formula for contention.
Sounds a little like the Jets last year.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 05:15 PM

Thanks.

I need to print out the schedule since Direct TV didn't send one this year.

crispystl
09-26-2010, 05:17 PM
With a strong defense and a strong running game any game is winnable. 200 yards a game from Cassel with no INTs and that's your formula for contention.
Sounds a little like the Jets last year.
I think we win one out of two. Beating the colts in their house would make my fucking day.

Reaper16
09-26-2010, 05:33 PM
They absolutely can. The rook safeties are going to have to step it up and really learn the gameplan for these next two games. But yeah, the Chiefs can. Houston gives up hella yards, and Indy looked poor for most of their road game today.

Bugeater
09-26-2010, 05:33 PM
The other shoe has dropped.

Winning has drawn mememe out of the shithole and into the lounge.
That is by far my biggest concern going into the bye week.

Ming the Merciless
09-26-2010, 05:34 PM

Tough sledding, though.

This basically sums my thoughts up nicely.

kysirsoze
09-26-2010, 05:39 PM

THIS. My buddy is a huge Colts fan and if he is worried about anything in that game it's Crennel's schemes. He remembers all too well what he can do to Peyton Manning.