PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs who was there at Arrowhead? Was it louder than Monday night?

Gracie Dean
09-26-2010, 07:22 PM
It sounded great on TV and I bet it was even louder in the bowl

KC kid
09-26-2010, 07:23 PM
not close. still too many empty seats for my liking

Hoover
09-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Yeah the club level was empty. What a shame.

I lost my voice!

DJJasonp
not close. still too many empty seats for my liking

on tv...looks like the club section is at about 10% capacity.....was everyone at the cool new bars watching the flat screen tv's?

ChiefaRoo
It was loud but not crazy loud. 50% or so.

09-26-2010, 07:26 PM
club level is a fucking embarrassment.

aturnis
09-26-2010, 07:26 PM
I'd say nowhere close and I was sitting on my couch in Iowa. I went to and DVR'd the Monday night game. The announcers had to compete w/ the crowd to be heard during the Monday night game...I heard EVERYTHING just fine today.

KC kid
09-26-2010, 07:27 PM
club level is a ****ing embarrassment.

I agree. Such great seats. Do they not sell or do the longtooths not show up?

Stinger
09-26-2010, 07:31 PM
It sounded great on TV and I bet it was even louder in the bowl

Was there today and no it was not as loud due to those not in attendance. But it was a lot better than what it was at the middle and end of last season. :clap: :clap: :clap:

DJ's left nut
09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
No, nowhere near as loud as Monday night.

And I agree, the club level was pathetic.

On the plus side, the folks that were there were not !@#$ing around; this town still knows how to support its Chiefs.

Oh, and if you want to sit down, they make couches for that. If you're at the ballgame, get on your feet and make some noise.

The crowd gets a B for this game. Nicely done, but it could've been better.

luv
09-26-2010, 07:47 PM
A couple that were SF fans in front of us brought their baby. I'd guess a few months old. They kept trying to cover his poor little ears. Stupid people.

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Looked like there were a lot of empty seats in the upper level as well - not just Club.

T-post Tom
09-26-2010, 07:49 PM
on tv...looks like the club section is at about 10% capacity.....was everyone at the cool new bars watching the flat screen tv's?

This. I don't get it. I just don't get it. :shake:

But hey, kudos to all the fans that did show up in full voice. Gotta luv being hoarse on Monday after a Sunday Chiefs' victory.

stevieray
09-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Nope...but it was still loud...the energy @ home openers is pretty hard to beat.

Rausch
09-26-2010, 07:50 PM
I wasn't there on monday night but it was definitely "old Arrowhead" today.

Loud and in it the entire game...

Rausch
09-26-2010, 07:51 PM
This. I don't get it. I just don't get it. :shake:

But hey, kudos to all the fans that did show up in full voice. Gotta luv being hoarse on Monday after a Sunday Chiefs' victory.

Club section never did look more than 25% full.

Don't know WTF was up with that...

Ebolapox
09-26-2010, 07:51 PM
A couple that were SF fans in front of us brought their baby. I'd guess a few months old. They kept trying to cover his poor little ears. Stupid people.

ROFL

you sure it wasn't a chiefs fan? it may not be his fault: he may not be able to get a babysitter.

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Nope...but it was still loud...the energy @ home openers is pretty hard to beat.

It's like trying to compare a playoff game to a midseason snoozer. Arrowhead was loud back in the day but there are different levels of loud and Arrowheads loud with good team like today is 10X most stadiums loud.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 07:53 PM
It was VERY quiet on TV and I mentioned it in the game chat.

I've got 7 speaker surround and it was barely audible.

I hope that if the Chiefs go at least 1-1 on the road, the stadium is filled to capacity against Jax.

luv
09-26-2010, 07:54 PM

I'd guess most of them are seats purchased by businesses for entertaining clients or as employee incentives.

DJ's left nut
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM
I wasn't there on monday night but it was definitely "old Arrowhead" today.

Loud and in it the entire game...

"old Arrowhead" was Monday Night.

This wasn't old Arrowhead, but it was a damn sight better than a year ago.

We're getting there, but there's about 10K people that still need to get there and get loud. We can do better, I know we can do better.

luv
09-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Looked like there were a lot of empty seats in the upper level as well - not just Club.

A lot of holes.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-26-2010, 08:03 PM
i saw somewhere, that the paid attendance was 68,000

Marcellus
09-26-2010, 08:06 PM

I hope that if the Chiefs go at least 1-1 on the road, the stadium is filled to capacity against Jax.

It was loud on my surround but I was listening to the radio feed.

Priest31kc
09-26-2010, 08:08 PM
I think the FOX broadcast lowered the crowd noise a little, I hate that.

j_rake
09-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Maybe my expectations are too high, but I thought the crowd noise was awful, at least compared to the San Diego opener. I wasn't expecting it to be MNF part II — that probably won't be touched until real late in the season, if at all — but the fans had zero impact on this game.

I sensed some skepticism from fans all week and even at the game today. But now that KC is at 3-0 w/ a bye, a two-game lead over the ENTIRE division and no home games until Oct. 24, I expect we've seen the worst of Arrowhead for a very, very long time.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 08:19 PM
It was loud on my surround but I was listening to the radio feed.

You can't compare the two broadcasts.

Radio is stereo or mono (two channels stereo, one channel mono). TV broadcasts are fully surround, meaning six channels, minimum. It's impossible to broadcast a radio show in "surround".

I was accurately comparing TV broadcasts. The MNF game was absolutely INSANE. Today, the crowd was only loud when there was a great play or near great play on defense.

I understand the apathy that has taken over KC in regards to the Chiefs, having lived through the 70's and 80's.

But when the Chiefs are 5-2, I FULLY expect an early 90's type atmosphere and if it doesn't happen, I'll be extremely disappointed.

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2010, 08:20 PM
i saw somewhere, that the paid attendance was 68,000

Which is what the stadium size should have been but that is a different story for a differnt day.

j_rake
09-26-2010, 08:25 PM
But when the Chiefs are 5-2, I FULLY expect an early 90's type atmosphere and if it doesn't happen, I'll be extremely disappointed.

I think it will get better starting with Jacksonville, especially if the Chiefs are able to split the Colts and Texans games and enter with a 4-1 record. Today had that, "OK, let's see you guys do it again" feel to it.

Well, the Chiefs did it again, and then all three AFC West teams promptly got their asses kicked.

ChiefaRoo
09-26-2010, 08:32 PM

I have 8 channel surround. It's pretty sweet. You'll probably be getting it in Cali in a year or two

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I have 8 channel surround. It's pretty sweet. You'll probably be getting it in Cali in a year or two

7.1, I assume.

I'm just lucky my wife puts up with the current speakers.

:D

BigRedChief
09-26-2010, 08:37 PM
club level is a ****ing embarrassment.understandable if what I hear is correct that you have to guarantee/take on $17K worth of tickets over 3 or 5 years? Anyone know for sure?

ChiefaRoo
09-26-2010, 08:38 PM
7.1, I assume.

I'm just lucky my wife puts up with the current speakers.

:D

I was there baby. Ultra surround sound/true fan and still fookin wassted here in DFW

tk13
09-26-2010, 08:41 PM
I always thought FOX puts the crowd down lower in the mix. Definitely lower than CBS.

DRU
09-26-2010, 08:46 PM

$15k commitment for a pair of club level tix. That's what's up with that. I was going to buy some this year but I just couldn't justify the 3 year contract at the price they're asking for those seats. They're really made for corporations to show off to their clients. Lots of suits in the Club area now. I actually get the same amenities with my Club 50 ticket at half the price with no contract. I really don't see the value in the VIP Club (you can't even see the field from the restaurants) and apparently neither does anybody else.

jjjayb
09-26-2010, 08:48 PM

I was accurately comparing TV broadcasts. The MNF game was absolutely INSANE. Today, the crowd was only loud when there was a great play or near great play on defense.

Not exactly accurate as the MNF game was on ESPN and todays game was on Fox. You of all people should know you can't compare the two.

luv
09-26-2010, 08:51 PM

Radio is stereo or mono (two channels stereo, one channel mono). TV broadcasts are fully surround, meaning six channels, minimum. It's impossible to broadcast a radio show in "surround".

I understand the apathy that has taken over KC in regards to the Chiefs, having lived through the 70's and 80's.

Definitely not getting the accurate sound on tv then. We were constantly loud on nearly every down on defense, IMO. Might have tapered a little bit in the second half.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Definitely not getting the accurate sound on tv then. We were constantly loud on nearly every down on defense, IMO. Might have tapered a little bit in the second half.

The stadium looked to be at about 70% capacity

DRU
09-26-2010, 08:54 PM
The monday night game was more full. Not only full, but full of people who had been drinking all day long because of the Royals game prior to the Chiefs game. It was really a mad-house that night.

Today was loud, but there was just a lot of empty seats. Club and Upper Level. Rather disappointing to me, actually. I know it's been a while since we've had a good product on the field, but that's exactly why I figured at 2-0 and little excitement in the air the fans would come out.

So yeah, loud, but not "loudest stadium in the nfl" loud today.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Not exactly accurate as the MNF game was on ESPN and todays game was on Fox. You of all people should know you can't compare the two.

So you're implying that Fox and ESPN use a different mic setup?

The stadium was *maybe* at 70% capacity. That's a huge different in terms of decibels.

Regardless of how much I turned up my system, the crowd noise wasn't even close to the MNF game.

luv
09-26-2010, 08:58 PM
The stadium looked to be at about 70% capacity

Yes. I wasn't implying we were as loud as MNF. I was simply saying that the crowd wasn't only loud on certain third downs or good plays. I was only responding to the part of your post that I bolded.

jjjayb
09-26-2010, 09:10 PM
So you're implying that Fox and ESPN use a different mic setup?

The stadium was *maybe* at 70% capacity. That's a huge different in terms of decibels.

Regardless of how much I turned up my system, the crowd noise wasn't even close to the MNF game.

Jeez Dane. I thought you were the expert on everything regarding tv/movies/music. Different mixing.

When the rain started coming down on Monday night, the stadium was LESS than 70% full.

</post>
09-26-2010, 09:14 PM
I was at both games. Today the stadium looked about 60-70%, but it was still real loud around the endzone. I was up in section 329 and basically the whole section was empty. Club level was about 80% empty.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Jeez Dane. I thought you were the expert on everything regarding tv/movies/music. Different mixing.

When the rain started coming down on Monday night, the stadium was LESS than 70% full.

Actually, no, it wasn't. People were undercover. They didn't leave.

Furthermore, if we're going to do an accurate comparison, let's compare the loudest point of the MNF game to the loudest point today.

I guarantee you it wasn't even close. Probably somewhere between 15-20 decibel difference.

09-26-2010, 09:58 PM
I do think Fox tones down the crowd noise in their mix because I have always noticed that the crowd is less noticeable during their broadcasts over CBS, ESPN, and NFLN.

Ebolapox
09-26-2010, 10:05 PM
we should be providing fans with those 'new' sunchips bags that are freaky loud. srsly, 70k fans with those would be DEAFENING

stlchiefs
09-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Definitely didn't sound loud on the FOX feed today. Was there a false start or forced TO attributed to the crowd noise today? I don't recall seeing one, nothing against the people who were there.

okcchief
09-26-2010, 10:11 PM
It was loud throughout the game considering. I was pretty pissed off about the attendance. We are 2-0 and have been pathetic for the last two years. I really expected the place to be packed. People who live in KC should come to the games if they can afford it. This team is headed in the right direction.

chief4life
09-26-2010, 10:15 PM
I was there in section 102 and it was pretty loud. I was making sure my section was loud a couple times i said people need to get up and get loud. I brought a glove with padding around it to pound the chair very hard today. Ask anyone in my section i was like the cheerleader. But yes at times it was really loud today.

Goldmember
09-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Might have something to do with the economy, ya think??

chief4life
09-26-2010, 10:18 PM
It was loud throughout the game considering. I was pretty pissed off about the attendance. We are 2-0 and have been pathetic for the last two years. I really expected the place to be packed. People who live in KC should come to the games if they can afford it. This team is headed in the right direction.

I wasn't pissed off at that as much as people not getting loud until i made them get up lol. One other thing is i wore a glove to pound the chairs and another chief fan said what is that for? Geee i wonder what that is for! Some people just need to think sometimes lol

Oh Snap
09-26-2010, 10:41 PM
$15k commitment for a pair of club level tix. That's what's up with that. I was going to buy some this year but I just couldn't justify the 3 year contract at the price they're asking for those seats. They're really made for corporations to show off to their clients. Lots of suits in the Club area now. I actually get the same amenities with my Club 50 ticket at half the price with no contract. I really don't see the value in the VIP Club (you can't even see the field from the restaurants) and apparently neither does anybody else.

I hate this...What happened to just letting the damn fans scream their heads off for their team at a reasonable price?

Corporations gotta ruin everything! Theyre killing the fan base, and arrowheads mystique by over pricing tickets so that they can show off to a bunch of fairweather snobs!

wazu
09-26-2010, 10:51 PM
I hate this...What happened to just letting the damn fans scream their heads off for their team at a reasonable price?

Corporations gotta ruin everything! Theyre killing the fan base, and arrowheads mystique by over pricing tickets so that they can show off to a bunch of fairweather snobs!

Hey, they also bring in the cash. I don't begrudge the Chiefs for it. Get a bunch of people who are willing to pay 4 times as much as the rest, take their money, and have the signing bonuses ready to pay in a year or two when all these new draftees start signing new contracts.

wazu
09-26-2010, 10:52 PM
One other note - Club Level has always been lame. Arrowhead can rock without a single person sitting on that level.

jjjayb
09-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Actually, no, it wasn't. People were undercover. They didn't leave.

Furthermore, if we're going to do an accurate comparison, let's compare the loudest point of the MNF game to the loudest point today.

I guarantee you it wasn't even close. Probably somewhere between 15-20 decibel difference.

I was at the game Dane. Undercover or not, they weren't in their seats. 20k people in the concourses aren't as loud as 20k people in the stands. It was still loud as hell though. More than likely louder than this weeks game. It wasn't as quiet at the stadium as you've made it out to be either. It's hard to judge from a tv broadcast.

You ripped someone for daring to compare the radio broadcast to the tv broadcast because it isn't an apples to apples comparison. The same thing applies when comparing two different broadcasts from two different networks.

I'll put it in terms you can understand. Are the instruments on a Brittney Spears album recorded at the same level as on a Van Morrison album?

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2010, 12:42 AM
I'll put it in terms you can understand. Are the instruments on a Brittney Spears album recorded at the same level as on a Van Morrison album?

Recorded? Yes, absolutely.

Mixed? Well, that depends on the arrangement of the song.

The bottom line is this: The MNF crowd was louder than today's game, regardless of the mix.

I don't think this can be disputed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2010, 01:20 AM
club level is a fucking embarrassment.

This. How in the fuck do you pay the money for those seats, the team is improving, winning, needs it's fans, and they don't come represent?

Good Lord; let a charity or organization use the tickets so that we can support this team proper at home.:cuss: