PDA

View Full Version : Football Just when you thought he it was...LJ may be heading back to MO [pft].

Mr_Tomahawk
09-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Per PFT....if repost...good.

Rams are interested in Larry Johnson

The Rams got a much-needed win on Sunday with an impressive 30-16 victory over Washington. That's the good news.

The bad news is that their best player Steven Jackson strained his groin during the game, leaving in the second quarter. Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo said after the game that Jackson was scheduled for an MRI on Monday.

Kenneth Darby and Keith Toston replaced Jackson on Sunday, but the Rams may look for more depth. Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and ESPN's Chris Mortensen both report the Rams have interest in Larry Johnson.

Considering they don't have any competition for L.J.'s services, it shouldn't be difficult to get him under contract if they need to. Rams fans have to hope it's not necessary.

Brock
09-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Duck, Sam!

Mr_Tomahawk
09-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Haha...Title fail....suppose to be "Just when you thought he was done..." or something along those lines...

Still celebrating the victory! :)

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I meant to post the Miklasz version of this on Friday.

Surprised PFT is juts now getting to it.

With Jackson missing 3 quarters today, I'd be surprised if this doesn't happen.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Good. I hope he plays when we face them. Cant wait to knock that fucknuggets dick in the dirt(insert smith joke).

Sure-Oz
09-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Larry Johnson-RB- Redskins Sep. 26 - 9:51 pm et

Updating a previous item, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that the Rams are not as interested in free agent Larry Johnson as first reported.
The Rams don't have a great run-blocking line, so L.J.'s running style would be a complete disaster in St. Louis. Some free agents that may interest the Rams: DeDe Dorsey, Ahman Green, Willie Parker. Exploring a trade for someone like Marshawn Lynch also wouldn't be an awful idea. The Rams have been desperate for help behind Steven Jackson for three years.
Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter
Related: Rams