PDA

View Full Version : Football Trent Edwards released

Quesadilla Joe
09-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Bills today announced that the team has released QB Trent Edwards.

https://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/25701156893

Sofa King
09-27-2010, 10:34 AM
He would start for Denver.

Mr. Laz
09-27-2010, 10:36 AM
we need a 3rd QB

L.A. Chieffan
09-27-2010, 10:37 AM
ouch

tyton75
09-27-2010, 10:38 AM
I'd be on the phone with his agent.. he could be a 2nd here.. and compete for #1 next year

Basileus777
09-27-2010, 10:46 AM
I'd be on the phone with his agent.. he could be a 2nd here.. and compete for #1 next year

ROFL

The guy just got cut for Ryan Fitzpatrick. I'd rather have Derek Anderson than Trent Edwards.

FlaChief58
09-27-2010, 11:04 AM
McDumbass has offered Teblow and next years 1st rounder in order to get him!

https://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/25701156893

Skyy God
09-27-2010, 11:08 AM
we need a 3rd QB

Yeah, but we'd have to carry him on the roster.

I could give a rip about a 3rd QB. If you reach that point and aren't the Steelers, you're pretty much f'd.

LaChapelle
09-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Quinn should be next to hit the waiting for a QB to go downcircuit

Quesadilla Joe
09-27-2010, 11:39 AM

Yeah because it's not like Kyle Orton is 2nd in the NFL in yards, 1st in the NFL in 20 yard pass plays, 3rd in yards per attempt, 8th in completion percentage, and 7th in QB Rating.

DaFace
09-27-2010, 11:40 AM

:spock:

Denver's got a lot of issues this season. Orton, comparatively anyway, isn't one of them.

Fritz88
09-27-2010, 11:42 AM
He could be better than Cassel
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
09-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Yeah because it's not like Kyle Orton is 2nd in the NFL in yards, 1st in the NFL in 20 yard pass plays, 3rd in yards per attempt, 8th in completion percentage, and 7th in QB Rating.

And it's not like he donks have a 1-2 record.

LaChapelle
09-27-2010, 11:45 AM
If not for Orton Joshie would be on the hot seat

1ChiefsDan
09-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah because it's not like Kyle Orton is 2nd in the NFL in yards, 1st in the NFL in 20 yard pass plays, 3rd in yards per attempt, 8th in completion percentage, and 7th in QB Rating.Where is he in scoring? Wins?ROFL

Quesadilla Joe
09-27-2010, 11:48 AM

I expected to lose against the Colts and we would have beaten the Jaguars if it wasn't for the fumbles and stupid penalties we had. Denver's toughest part of the schedule is early in the season and it is pretty much a cakewalk after week 6. Hopefully we will be 3-3 heading into week 7 and then finish the season 11-5 or 10-6.

Hug it Out Dan
09-27-2010, 11:55 AM
I expected to lose against the Colts and we would have beaten the Jaguars if it wasn't for the fumbles and stupid penalties we had. Denver's toughest part of the schedule is early in the season and it is pretty much a cakewalk after week 6. Hopefully we will be 3-3 heading into week 7 and then finish the season 11-5 or 10-6.

that aint gonna happen. ROFL

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2010, 12:02 PM

ROFL

How about this: If the Donks finish the season with less than 10 wins, you go away forever. Deal?

BigChiefFan
09-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Chan who?

BigMeatballDave
09-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Yeah because it's not like Kyle Orton is 2nd in the NFL in yards, 1st in the NFL in 20 yard pass plays, 3rd in yards per attempt, 8th in completion percentage, and 7th in QB Rating.Denver is 1-2. Hows that working out for ya? :D

Mile High Mania
09-27-2010, 12:04 PM

You really should temper that enthusiasm a bit... I'd love to see the 10 or 11 games you think they'll win. I think 8 is about as realistic as I can get at this point, maybe 9... but that would mean they have to beat Houston, TN and the Jets according to my thoughts on another thread. I could see 1 or 2, but not all 3.

Honestly, feel free to expect 11 wins every year, but the track record isn't there over the last 4-6 seasons and I cling to that kind of stuff until proven otherwise.

McDaniels really screwed up yesterday by not taking 3 points at the 9 minute mark and going for it on 4th down... it's stupid things like that which really irritate me and show me he has a lot to learn about winning - just take your points, give your team a mental boost and try to win the game.

Down 7 vs Indy with 9 minutes left, they've struggled to punch it in at least 2 times previously... why go for it on 4th there? Put in the most tatt'ed kicker in league history, take your 3 - make it a 4 point game and kickoff.

BigChiefFan
09-27-2010, 12:07 PM
For the record, I thought Orton showed he's taken a step up the ladder in becoming a better QB. His pass to Lloyd for a TD was nice. Now run along, we're celebrating a win. ;)

Quesadilla Joe
09-27-2010, 12:09 PM
I like McDaniels aggressive nature but even I wanted Denver to kick a FG there.

Mile High Mania
09-27-2010, 12:10 PM
For the record, I thought Orton showed he's taken a step up the ladder in becoming a better QB. His pass to Lloyd for a TD was nice. Now run along, we're celebrating a win. ;)

I've always said that Orton wasn't the problem... The Broncos had 4 drives of 11+ plays and they got 3 points (I believe) off all 4 drives. They had the TD reversed b/c of the knee touching, but my gosh ... 4 plays at the Indy 1 and they don't punch it in on that drive.

A ton of missed opportunities from yesterday...

easymobee
09-27-2010, 12:11 PM

Remember how much you guys loved rubbing the 6-0 start and no playoffs in Bronco fans faces?

Get ready for a quick karma return.

Do you really think Matt Cassel and the Chiefs are gonna win 10 or more games?

lolz

Sofa King
09-27-2010, 12:12 PM
:spock:

Denver's got a lot of issues this season. Orton, comparatively anyway, isn't one of them.

i knew i should have went with the

"He would start in Kansas City /knowshit"

but instead i tweaked it...

and now i can't even search for the Alfonso Smith thread where knowmo said Smith would start for KC....

Mile High Mania
09-27-2010, 12:12 PM
I like McDaniels aggressive nature but even I wanted Denver to kick a FG there.

McDaniels doesn't have the skins on the wall to do that type of thing and then walk away without taking heat... 4 drives of 11+ plays each and 3 points. You take your points in a game like that, with that much time and you hope your defense can get you the ball back without letting Indy score.

Orton wasn't having any problems marching them down the field... they just couldn't score and you just can't fix that in a week.

Red Brooklyn
09-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Remember how much you guys loved rubbing the 6-0 start and no playoffs in Bronco fans faces?

lolz

No. No, I don't really think that.

BigChiefFan
09-27-2010, 12:14 PM

lolz Teams that start out 3-0, have a 75% chance of making the playoffs. Your team was an aberration and brought the odds down. :D

DaFace
09-27-2010, 12:17 PM
McDaniels doesn't have the skins on the wall to do that type of thing and then walk away without taking heat... 4 drives of 11+ plays each and 3 points. You take your points in a game like that, with that much time and you hope your defense can get you the ball back without letting Indy score.

Orton wasn't having any problems marching them down the field... they just couldn't score and you just can't fix that in a week.

This is a legitimate question (not trying to :Poke: or anything). Didn't Denver have a lot of trouble scoring last year too? Seems like your offense was ranked very highly in total yards, but pretty mediocre in total points. Or maybe that was back when Cutler was still around.

|Zach|

We would have beaten the Jags if we didn't play as bad a football game as we did.

Genius!

Coogs
Back to the topic at hand. Edwards is a starting NFL QB with a 14-18 record. He has attempted 878 passes and completed 535 for a 61% completion rate. Total passing yardage is 5739 yards, with 25 TD's and 27 INT's. His career rating is right at 77.

And he could be picked up by a waiver claim if the Rams, Lions, Buc's, and Skins pass. It's not often you can get a starting QB off of the waiver wire, but this time you can. :shrug:

And I am not talking about taking over for Cassel, but Edwards could upgrade the QB position. And the brass has said anytime we can upgrade the roster, they would do so.

easymobee
09-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Teams that start out 3-0, have a 75% chance of making the playoffs. Your team was an aberration and brought the odds down. :D

yeah and usually squirrley white kickers with the initials of L and E usually are 80 percent on less than 50 yard field goals.

Until KC, Dick Vermeil coached franchises were 100% to have a SB appearance during his tenure.

Sometimes the stats don't apply do they?

Here is one that i believe in. Matt Cassel is 100% fail.

MMXcalibur
Every time I want to give some props and complement the Broncos with their passing attack and the maturation of Kyle Orton.....you open your big, f**king, stupid mouth.

BigChiefFan
I doubt he'll be picked up off waivers, unless he's making less than average starting money. Nobody wants to pick up a back-up QB and pay them as a starter. I predict the Cardinals make a play for him, but in FA.

Mile High Mania
09-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Teams that start out 3-0, have a 75% chance of making the playoffs. Your team was an aberration and brought the odds down. :D

You're setting up for a terrible jinx...

This is a bye week for KC, but as I look down the road.... (and I give all AFCW teams a split in these projections - just by rule, it tends to happen more often than not, so I always say the home team wins)

@ Indy
@ Houston
Jags
Bills
@ Oak
@ Den
Cardinals
@ Sea
Den
@ SD
@ STL
TEN
Oak

The bolds represent 7 losses that I realistically see... I think KC will win those 5 home games. So, with the unexpected 3-0 start... KC could very conceivably hit the 9 win mark with ease... 10 isn't out of the question, but we all know the NFL... you are going to win and lose games that you shouldn't, so it's going to be interesting.

BigChiefFan
09-27-2010, 12:25 PM
yeah and squirrley white kickers with the initials of L and E usually are 80 percent on less than 50 yard field goals.

Gee, that would apply, if that shitty kicker was still here. Since, he ISN'T, it makes your point irrelevant. I was just letting you know, that your team CHOKED HARD and are showing the SAME TENDENCIES. I know you want to vent, but bagging on the Chiefs when your team sucks shit is laughable.

Mile High Mania
09-27-2010, 12:25 PM
This is a legitimate question (not trying to :Poke: or anything). Didn't Denver have a lot of trouble scoring last year too? Seems like your offense was ranked very highly in total yards, but pretty mediocre in total points. Or maybe that was back when Cutler was still around.

Last year, they scored fewer than 20 points in 8 games... this year, I think they're having some of the same problems, but it's more frustrating because through 3 games - Orton and the offense are so much better than they were overall in the first 3 games of 2009.

Orton has a lot more options now, they're spreading it around and yet they get stuck in mud in the redzone... THIS is where the coach and his lack of creativity come into play.

BigChiefFan
09-27-2010, 12:27 PM

This is a bye week for KC, but as I look down the road.... (and I give all AFCW teams a split in these projections - just by rule, it tends to happen more often than not, so I always say the home team wins)

@ Indy
@ Houston
Jags
Bills
@ Oak
@ Den
Cardinals
@ Sea
Den
@ SD
@ STL
TEN
Oak

The bolds represent 7 losses that I realistically see... I think KC will win those 5 home games. So, with the unexpected 3-0 start... KC could very conceivably hit the 9 win mark with ease... 10 isn't out of the question, but we all know the NFL... you are going to win and lose games that you shouldn't, so it's going to be interesting.

Yeah, I control the destiny of the team, by pointing out historical FACTS. :facepalm:

DBOSHO
09-27-2010, 12:29 PM
yeah and usually squirrley white kickers with the initials of L and E usually are 80 percent on less than 50 yard field goals.

Until KC, Dick Vermeil coached franchises were 100% to have a SB appearance during his tenure.

Heres something to wrap your brain around:

Even with a shitty quarterback, our team is better than yours.

Coogs
09-27-2010, 12:29 PM
I doubt he'll be picked up off waivers, unless he's making less than average starting money. Nobody wants to pick up a back-up QB and pay them as a starter. I predict the Cardinals make a play for him, but in FA.

According to this, his salary shouldn't be anything we could not afford...

Edwards turns 27 on October 30, and had been earning a $1.65 million base salary in the final year of his rookie contract.

Mr. Laz
09-27-2010, 12:30 PM
honestly i think we are at 3-3 soon

then beat the bills and probably the faiders

then lose @donkville

we're look at around .500 (7-9 to 9-7)

draft pick in the 11-16 range

KC kid
09-27-2010, 12:31 PM
If you think Edwards is better than Cassel, you, my friend, are an idiot.

Sofa King
honestly i think we are at 3-3 soon

then beat the bills and probably the faiders

then lose @donkville

we're look at around .500 (7-9 to 9-7)

draft pick in the 11-16 range

i'm sorry, that doesn't fit with my superbowl plans..

you're gonna have to try again.

Mile High Mania
Heres something to wrap your brain around:

Even with a shitty quarterback, our team is better than yours.

That hasn't been proven yet ... through 3 games, KC has a better record (obviously), but there are 13 games left and these teams play twice. Lots can happen.. :D

Ceej
09-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Wasn't this guy supposed to help take Buffalo to the playoffs according to some of the posters on this board?

LMAO

DBOSHO
09-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Without the schedule in front of me, i dont see us losing to st louis, buffalo, jax, at least splitting den and oak, so thats already 8-8

eazyb81
Has anyone actually seen Edwards play?

The guy is terrible. He shouldn't even be in the NFL.

Fansy the Famous Bard

@ Indy
@ Houston
Jags
Bills
@ Oak
@ Den
Cardinals
@ Sea
Den
@ SD
@ STL
TEN
Oak

Which would be more wins than Denver, and no mo KNOWMO. I'll take it.

|Zach|
09-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Which would be more wins than Denver, and no mo KNOWMO. I'll take it.

Is there a bet in place?

BigChiefFan
09-27-2010, 12:36 PM
According to this, his salary shouldn't be anything we could not afford...

Edwards turns 27 on October 30, and had been earning a $1.65 million base salary in the final year of his rookie contract.

That's fairly inexpensive, but I don't think we make a play for him.

Mr. Laz
09-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Without the schedule in front of me, i dont see us losing to st louis, buffalo, jax, at least splitting den and oak, so thats already 8-8oh, we can lose to the jags ... in fact i think we do.

very physical team

Deberg_1990
09-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Chiefs fans longing for the brilliance that is Trent Edwards.. :facepalm:
This guy is a future star.....in the UFL

DBOSHO
09-27-2010, 12:40 PM
oh, we can lose to the jags ... in fact i think we do.

very physical team

San fran was supposed to be physical, and outside of mjd, they dont have many weapons. They couldnt even score against philly, who game up 30 pts to detroit.

|Zach|
09-27-2010, 12:40 PM

Who is?

BigChiefFan
09-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Again, based on HISTORY... Teams that start off 3-0 have a 75% chance of making the playoffs. If we keep playing inspired football, I can see us gaining some momentum as the season goes on.

I think we all know the Chiefs could still take a nose-dive, but their fundamentals are sound and I think we could get hot at the right time. Never-the-less, I'm excited by their play thus far. Improvement is obvious.

Fansy the Famous Bard
Is there a bet in place?

Someone on here has it as their sig. It wasn't a bet, it was a statement by Knowmo.

Brock
oh, we can lose to the jags ... in fact i think we do.

very physical team

You see Jacksonville winning at Arrowhead? No.

BigChiefFan
09-27-2010, 12:44 PM

It's only ONE, so far. :D

Also, as a back-up, I presume.

Deberg_1990
09-27-2010, 12:44 PM

Back to the topic at hand. Edwards is a starting NFL QB with a 14-18 record. He has attempted 878 passes and completed 535 for a 61% completion rate. Total passing yardage is 5739 yards, with 25 TD's and 27 INT's. His career rating is right at 77.

And he could be picked up by a waiver claim if the Rams, Lions, Buc's, and Skins pass. It's not often you can get a starting QB off of the waiver wire, but this time you can. :shrug:

And I am not talking about taking over for Cassel, but Edwards could upgrade the QB position. And the brass has said anytime we can upgrade the roster, they would do so.

Who is?

These guys

|Zach|
09-27-2010, 12:45 PM
These guys

Longing for the brilliance?

No matter.

BigChiefFan
09-27-2010, 12:46 PM
You see Jacksonville winning at Arrowhead? No.
Depends on MJD. He butchered us last time.

That said, I would say, we do probably win that game, though.

Coogs
09-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Look, I am all on the QB bandwagon come next April. But I already know what is going to happen...

Luck is going to be terrible. He threw 2 INT's against Notre Dame.
Mallett sux. He folded against Alabama.
Locker looked like crap againt the Huskers.
And on-and-on.

I'm not saying Edwards is the second comming of Joe Montana. But he does have 32 career starts and has won some ballgames for a pretty crappy Bills team.

And I can not believe I am going to type this, but what happens if Cassel gets injured. Croyle and then Palko. Just not seeing Palko as a viable backup for this team with promise if something should happen to Cassel.

Brock
09-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Depends on MJD. He butchered us last time.

That said, I would say, we do probably win that game, though.

he had an all right game, under 100 yards.

Brock
09-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Edwards sucks, pack this idea in your porthole.

Brock
09-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Luck is going to be terrible. He threw 2 INT's against Notre Dame.
Mallett sux. He folded against Alabama.
Locker looked like crap againt the Huskers.
And on-and-on.

This is the same crap that gets said about every QB that is coming out. Oh, Sanchez only started a season, Ryan threw too many INTs, and on and on.

Coogs
09-27-2010, 12:58 PM
This is the same crap that gets said about every QB that is coming out. Oh, Sanchez only started a season, Ryan threw too many INTs, and on and on.

Exactly.

Oh, and by the way, Palko sux. If Cassel and Croyle both go down... and we know Croyle will go down because he always does... I would hate to see this team go South with Palko at the helm. Edwards has to be better than option #3.

Brock
09-27-2010, 01:01 PM
I can't think of one player I'd cut for Trent Edwards.

Coogs
09-27-2010, 01:03 PM
I can't think of one player I'd cut for Trent Edwards.

Fair enough. I have not seen many Bills games. His stats say he can not be all bad. They are already posted in this thread.

Chiefnj2
09-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Look, I am all on the QB bandwagon come next April. But I already know what is going to happen...

Mallet is going to go first to Buffalo. Luck is going to stay in school. The Browns will take Ponder. There will be a huge Cassel/Locker/Devlin argument on ChiefsPlanet.

Bwana
09-27-2010, 01:14 PM

lolz

Get back to me if we go 6-0. I don't see it happening, Ace. The Donks 6-0 start and missing the playoffs was one of the greatest chokes in the history of the NFL. ROFL

Bwana
09-27-2010, 01:16 PM

Yet he walked into your house at the end of the season and gave you a spanking. What was the score again? LMAO If he is that bad in your eyes, what does that say about the Donks?

http://www.canes4pain.com/myweb/blwide0.jpg