PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs haley press conference now

the Talking Can
09-27-2010, 02:09 PM
on 810

KK said there were rumors last night that weis had some kind of health 'scare' or issue...

Reerun_KC
09-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Lets hope Weis is alright.

Otter
09-27-2010, 02:13 PM
on 810

KK said there were rumors last night that weis had some kind of health 'scare' or issue...

Nothing on Google News search.

Hopefully just the leg bothering him. The guy definitely needs to start eating more salads.

dirk digler
09-27-2010, 02:14 PM
I hadn't heard that about Weis. I hope it is nothing and that he is alright

Of course when it comes to KK and rumors you never know.

kcmaxwell
09-27-2010, 02:56 PM
somebody called petro this afternoon and said he had heard that haley went to weis and said he was gonna call the plays sunday. The guy said he had heard that haley wasn't happy with weis's playcalling the first 2 games. Petro said he heard it was more of a health issue than haley being not happy with first 2 games, but didnt know any particulars.

Skyy God
09-27-2010, 02:59 PM
somebody called petro this afternoon and said he had heard that haley went to weis and said he was gonna call the plays sunday. The guy said he had heard that haley wasn't happy with weis's playcalling the first 2 games. Petro said he heard it was more of a health issue than haley being not happy with first 2 games, but didnt know any particulars.

I'm doing to file that in the total horseshit rumor department. It certainly didn't look like Haley was calling the plays.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-27-2010, 03:00 PM
I don't buy this for one second, but if it was Haley calling the plays, he just made Charlie look like a bitch, because the play calling yesterday was the best it's been all year long.

DaFace
09-27-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm doing to file that in the total horseshit rumor department. It certainly didn't look like Haley was calling the plays.

No kidding. Haley didn't even have a headset on a lot of the game.

Not to mention the fact that Haley has repeatedly said that he wants someone else to call the plays so that he can concentrate on coaching.

Hug it Out Dan
09-27-2010, 03:01 PM

bullshit

blaise
09-27-2010, 03:02 PM
I can't stand listening to him speak. It always sounds like he just woke up or something.

Rasputin
09-27-2010, 03:03 PM
wtf. bs. Cassel even said he was getting plays from Weis & that they try to stay one play ahead of the next play so they don't have delay of game.

dirk digler
09-27-2010, 03:04 PM
bullshit

double Bullshit.

Weis was on the sidelines yesterday so I think this is all just crap

gblowfish
09-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Weis was on the sidelines, not in the booth yesterday. I saw him. He looked really old and slow. He was not using a cane, but moved very very slow. And he looked very heavy, like he's pushing 4 bills.

He definitely could use some weight loss and some concentration on his general health. He's not a well man.

Iowanian
09-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Weis thought he might be experiencing genital cancer, but realized it was just shaun smith giving him a tuggie under the table

ModSocks
09-27-2010, 03:06 PM

If he did call the plays, then he must've been doing it Jimmy Raye style and calling them off of memory, cuz Haley didn't even have the headphones on nor did he have his script in front of him.

Bill Brasky
09-27-2010, 03:20 PM
I heard a rumor which was brought up in the press conference; that Haley was more 'involved' in the offensive playing calling this week. The reporter asked three variations of the same question to try and get Haley to discuss differences in the offense between the first two games and this week, but he wouldn't bite.

His comment was that he lets the coordinating coaches do their job to prepare during the week and only intervenes when sees an opportunity to have a positive impact on the game.

Well Duh...

It will be interesting to see if they keep up with the aggressive play calling.

edit: apparently I type slowly.

DaFace
09-27-2010, 03:40 PM
I heard a rumor which was brought up in the press conference; that Haley was more 'involved' in the offensive playing calling this week. The reporter asked three variations of the same question to try and get Haley to discuss differences in the offense between the first two games and this week, but he wouldn't bite.

His comment was that he lets the coordinating coaches do their job to prepare during the week and only intervenes when sees an opportunity to have a positive impact on the game.

Well Duh...

It will be interesting to see if they keep up with the aggressive play calling.

edit: apparently I type slowly.

I can buy that. If he didn't have any say in situations like the 4th down play, the crazy trick play, and the onside kick, something would be seriously wrong. But he's not calling each and every play.

KCKID58
09-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Weis thought he might be experiencing genital cancer, but realized it was just shaun smith giving him a tuggie under the table

thats great !!:clap:

KCKID58
09-27-2010, 03:41 PM

thats great !!:clap:

the Talking Can
09-27-2010, 03:53 PM
haley acknowledged weis had something but said it 'wasn't heart attack related as some speculated' and then said he wouldn't comment on weis' personal affairs...

haley also said he loved coaching without the head set yesterday, allowed him to focus on the game and players...

BWillie
09-27-2010, 04:19 PM

Not at the table Carlos

-King-
09-27-2010, 04:30 PM
I guess Haley is trying to build his own tree because when he wasn't wearing a headset, the quality control coach Nick Whatshisname was wearing it.

Mr. Laz
09-27-2010, 04:34 PM
the next media person who asked about Smith crotch shots needs to be kicked in the face. It's just like the people around this town to hurt themselves by not being able to shut the fuck up.

nobody cares and if they just shut up then the story will go away.

Keep bitching about it and some national media people might decide to do something on it and then the NFL might have to step up and fine him or something.

stupid fucks

Simply Red
09-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Haters gonna hate, I keep telling you guys this, YOU HEAR ME BROCK?

Reaper16
09-27-2010, 05:04 PM
the next media person who asked about Smith crotch shots needs to be kicked in the face. It's just like the people around this town to hurt themselves by not being able to shut the fuck up.

nobody cares and if they just shut up then the story will go away.

Keep bitching about it and some national media people might decide to do something on it and then the NFL might have to step up and fine him or something.

stupid fucks
The media's job is not to be pals or teammates with the people that it covers. The media's job is to report on stories concerning the team.

OnTheWarpath15
09-27-2010, 05:06 PM
The media's job is not to be pals or teammates with the people that it covers. The media's job is to report on stories concerning the team.

Sad that you had to explain that to him.

Pathetisad that he'll likely try to argue it anyway.

the Talking Can
09-27-2010, 05:26 PM
espn just reported that weis had gall bladder surgery

it was a problem on friday, but he waited till after the game to do it

per mort

petegz28
09-27-2010, 05:47 PM
espn just reported that weis had gall bladder surgery

it was a problem on friday, but he waited till after the game to do it

per mort

That's a tough fucker if he put it off until after the game. I know a couple of people who have had that surgery and they had all kinds of pain prior too. Props to the guy for putting the team ahead of his health.

He could easily have said I have to get under the knife.

HemiEd
09-27-2010, 05:57 PM
That would explain him not looking well. Of course, I hope he starts taking care of himself, as I heard Jimmy Raye is available.