PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tamba Hali has 3.5 sacks so far...

teedubya
09-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Jared Allen has 1.

Just sayin'. :-)

Hali is a BEAST this year so far. :D Hide your children, Hide your wife, hide your husband cuz Hali's raping errrrbody out there.

http://static.letsbuyit.com/filer/images/uk/products/original/200/42/lions-mating-in-the-masia-mara-kenya-africa-photographic-print-20042421.jpeg

Mr. Flopnuts
09-27-2010, 06:32 PM
http://www.antiquiet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Antoine-Dodson.jpg

Pablo
09-27-2010, 06:35 PM
I read on CP that he lacks the natural gifts to put up solid numbers.

He's only on pace for like 19 sacks this year...LAME.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2010, 06:35 PM
But, but, but he's "average"

Chiefs Rool
09-27-2010, 06:37 PM
he's on pace for like 19 sacks! YEAH

LaChapelle
AFC Defensive Player of the Week

Chiefs Rool
the improvement of our d-line, like Dorsey and Smith probably have a little something to do with that

Hammock Parties
09-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Drafturbators...come out to plaaaaaaaaaaay-aaaaaaaaaaaaay

TheGuardian
09-27-2010, 06:49 PM
I read on CP that he lacks the natural gifts to put up solid numbers.

He's only on pace for like 19 sacks this year...LAME.

All this.

Lemme see here....

Can't fit into a 3-4 defense

Doesn't have the speed to close

Is only a situational pass rusher at best.

Can't play the run (he's doing a good job of that this season)

Blah blah blah. This is why posters are posters and people like Pioli have real NFL jobs.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2010, 06:50 PM
the improvement of our d-line, like Dorsey and Smith probably have a little something to do with that

Teams can't run at will anymore, more 3rd and longs, more sacks.

DeezNutz
09-27-2010, 06:51 PM
All this.

Lemme see here....

Blah blah blah. This is why posters are posters and people like Pioli have real NFL jobs.

I
love
the form
of your post.
It's almost like
you tried to form
a pyramid but I doubt
that you were that careful
in the construction of your post.

kcxiv
09-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Also,t hey are moving his ass all around which helps him a ton.

Hali puts tons of pressure on the QB, he almost had a few more as well.

TheGuardian
09-27-2010, 06:52 PM
I
love
the form
of your post.
It's almost like
you tried to form
a pyramid but I doubt
that you were that careful
in the construction of your post.

Aren't you one of the Hali haters?

CupidStunt
09-27-2010, 06:53 PM
He needs to have big games against Indy and Houston to give KC any chance. If he doesn't get pressure, Manning and Schaub will eat us alive.

Blindside58
09-27-2010, 06:54 PM
http://www.antiquiet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Antoine-Dodson.jpg

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=94563&stc=1&d=1285635218

SenselessChiefsFan
09-27-2010, 06:55 PM
All this.

Lemme see here....

For the record, I thought he was a perfect fit in the 3-4.

Titty Meat
09-27-2010, 06:57 PM
If we listend to the Draftubators we'd only be drafting Mizzou players.

el borracho
09-27-2010, 07:02 PM
What is more credible- three years of play or one game? I know what I think.

DeezNutz
09-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Aren't you one of the Hali haters?

I
think
he is only
a nice pass rusher
and should not be considered
the cornerstone of any legit defense.

DeezNutz
09-27-2010, 07:08 PM
For the record, I thought he was a perfect fit in the 3-4.

Defend this, True Fans.

TheGuardian
09-27-2010, 07:11 PM
I
think
he is only
a nice pass rusher
and should not be considered
the cornerstone of any legit defense.

Who said he had to be the cornerstone? Jared Allen isn't good enough to be the corner stone of a great defense either. Doesn't keep a lot of those same fans from riding his jock on here.

Otherwise your takes are a lot like your mouth. They just suck.

DeezNutz
09-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Who said he had to be the cornerstone? Jared Allen isn't good enough to be the corner stone of a great defense either. Doesn't keep a lot of those same fans from riding his jock on here.

Otherwise your takes are a lot like your mouth. They just suck.

Many of the ball washers pointed to comments from opposing coaches last year, who said they had to plan specifically to neutralize the force of the great Hali.

Sanchez is still a bust, though.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Hali is ok. Nothing special, not a game changer, but he has done well so far.

beach tribe
09-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Hali is ok. Nothing special, not a game changer, but he has done well so far.

He had a great game. I'm still skeptical that he can be our premier pass rusher
I'll need to see more games like this past one to believe that a blind side pass rusher is not right at the top of our list of needs. I think Tamba is awesome against RTs, and would make a damn good LOLB.
Him on the left, and a more consistent rusher on the right would be an absolute terror for QBs.
Don't get me wrong, I am really happy with his play, and his transition to olb was much better than I thought it would be, but I'm really praying to land a beast to go up against the better LTs in the league.

JoeyChuckles
09-27-2010, 07:46 PM
That is why the Americans call him Muhammad Hali and the Iraqians call him Chemical Hali

threebag
09-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Hali has three and a half. Shaun smith has two I read it here.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Many of the ball washers pointed to comments from opposing coaches last year, who said they had to plan specifically to neutralize the force of the great Hali.

Sanchez is still a bust, though.

I don't remember many guys that thought he would do well when the Chiefs were changing to the 3-4. Hali was better than he was given credit for last year. I don't think he is pro bowl material, but the 3-4 fits his skill set perfectly as we are seeing.

Now, I don't know how many people thought Sanchez would be a bust.... I just thought he would have a ceiling similar to Cassel, and not worth the third pick int he draft. Of course, I didn't think the Chiefs would take Tyson Jackson, but I digress.

BossChief
09-27-2010, 08:20 PM
I don't know how many times Ive went to battle saying that once we had a formidable nose and a pass rush presence opposite him, that he would be a consistent 10-12 sack guy.

Yesterday, we got to see what Hali would be like when quarterbacks couldn't just step up in the pocket to avoid pressure. Our nose got good push. He should be real nice once we have that pass rush presence opposite him. He is obviously starting to finish plays better than in years past and it isn't because his effort has improved, its because the effectiveness of the players around him has.

Like Ive been saying all along.

Just like my argument about Pollard when he lead our team in tackles, as a safety, but was blamed for half our failures on defense.

Its nice to finally have a coach that is getting maximum effort out of his players.

Romeo came in on his white horse and hasn't disappointed, one bit.

-King-
09-27-2010, 08:26 PM
I don't know how many times Ive went to battle saying that once we had a formidable nose and a pass rush presence opposite him, that he would be a consistent 10-12 sack guy.

Yesterday, we got to see what Hali would be like when quarterbacks couldn't just step up in the pocket to avoid pressure. Our nose got good push. He should be real nice once we have that pass rush presence opposite him. He is obviously starting to finish plays better than in years past and it isn't because his effort has improved, its because the effectiveness of the players around him has.

Just like my argument about Pollard when he lead our team in tackles, as a safety, but was blamed for half our failures on defense.

Its nice to finally have a coach that is getting maximum effort out of his players.

Did the horse die?

Ralphy Boy
09-28-2010, 06:05 AM
I wish you arrogant fuggers would shut up. You are going to jinx him and he won't have another game like this.

If you want to crown him, crown his ass but I'm going to wait until he has another multi-sack game before I start talking him up.

milkman
09-28-2010, 07:16 AM
I don't remember many guys that thought he would do well when the Chiefs were changing to the 3-4. Hali was better than he was given credit for last year. I don't think he is pro bowl material, but the 3-4 fits his skill set perfectly as we are seeing.

Now, I don't know how many people thought Sanchez would be a bust.... I just thought he would have a ceiling similar to Cassel, and not worth the third pick int he draft. Of course, I didn't think the Chiefs would take Tyson Jackson, but I digress.

I'm pretty sure that most of us that didn't think that Hali could effectively make the transition to the 34 have acknowledged that he has been far better than any of us expected and admitted that we were wrong on that count.

He is improving still, and with the improvement in front of him, his effectiveness as a run defender has made strides as well.

Props to Hali.

But I'd still like to see a guy with closing speed after he's beaten the LT playing ROLB. with Hali playing more on the left, where he has been his most effective as a pass rusher.

teedubya
09-28-2010, 07:23 AM
I wish you arrogant fuggers would shut up. You are going to jinx him and he won't have another game like this.

If you want to crown him, crown his ass but I'm going to wait until he has another multi-sack game before I start talking him up.

"Jinxing" is retarded. This isn't the 1600's.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-28-2010, 07:31 AM
"Jinxing" is retarded. This isn't the 1600's.

This !

Now Karma is a different story.

Lex Luthor
09-28-2010, 07:34 AM
This is why posters are posters and people like Pioli have real NFL jobs.
That's sig material. Nice job.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Haha. Deez crowning Sanchez.

TheGuardian
09-28-2010, 08:12 AM

This is something we have both said. That the only problem with Hali "not finishing" was really the people around him. I can't count how many times he was right on top of a QB only to miss because the QB could easily step up into the pocket to avoid the rush. It's really not about his closing speed. That's fucking stupid. His closing burst is fine, it's simply the fact that Alex Smith could not step up into the pocket all day to avoid him.

And Hali beat both their left and right tackles like a drum. He had 3 sacks AND a holding penalty. His run defense has also been nails this year compared to last year. Again, amazing how that works when the guys in front of you are playing tons better.

philfree
09-28-2010, 08:16 AM
And Hali beat both their left and right tackles like a drum. He had 3 sacks AND a holding penalty

And he a got an intentional grounding call too.

PhilFree:arrow:

beer bacon
09-28-2010, 08:19 AM

Yeah, if Hali doesn't have a good game it will be because fans are proud of his performance. We better all just say he is an average smuck or the football gods will punish us.

beer bacon
09-28-2010, 08:20 AM
And he a got an intentional grounding call too.

PhilFree:arrow:

There was an obvious holding on him early in the game that wasn't called. He beat his guy inside, got passed him, and then was held for about ten yards. The ref was five feet away and never threw a flag.

TheGuardian
09-28-2010, 08:42 AM
There was an obvious holding on him early in the game that wasn't called. He beat his guy inside, got passed him, and then was held for about ten yards. The ref was five feet away and never threw a flag.

I like a lot of these calls have to do with name. If he had "Ware" on the back of his jersey that gets called.

I'm convinced that even if Hali had 14 sacks and made the pro bowl you'd still have dumbasses in here hating on him.

Brock
09-28-2010, 08:49 AM
I like a lot of these calls have to do with name. If he had "Ware" on the back of his jersey that gets called.

I'm convinced that even if Hali had 14 sacks and made the pro bowl you'd still have dumbasses in here hating on him.

We might find out this year.

talastan
09-28-2010, 09:03 AM
TAMBA THE MAMBA will constrict around a QB and eat him alive!! I'm bringing FAX's nickname back!! :thumb:

noa
09-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Hali's been playin great, but there's still been a couple plays each game where I think he's going to pick up another sack, and he just doesn't close it out. He's great at getting himself in a position to get a sack, I just wish he could finish the play more consistently.

DeezNutz
09-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Haha. Deez crowning Sanchez.

Where?

Gracious of you to follow me around and misinterpret my posts.

TheGuardian
09-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Hali's been playin great, but there's still been a couple plays each game where I think he's going to pick up another sack, and he just doesn't close it out. He's great at getting himself in a position to get a sack, I just wish he could finish the play more consistently.

Again a lot of that has to do with the people around him. Not his closing speed or burst or any of that shit. If the line keeps playing like they have been he should have a double digit sack year.

boogblaster
09-28-2010, 09:14 AM
He's always been one of my favorites .. when he was a downlineman he used to get blocked into the pile .. playing outside has helped his game .....

milkman
09-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Again a lot of that has to do with the people around him. Not his closing speed or burst or any of that shit. If the line keeps playing like they have been he should have a double digit sack year.

Not his closing speed?

Did you see Philip Rivers outrun him in the Monday Night game?

Hali has far exceeded anything that I thought he was capable of, but the fact is, he doesn't have any closing speed.

Do we need someone else who can help and keep the QB from escaping the pocket?

Sure.

But when Philip Rivers is faster than you are, then you do have a speed problem.

noa
09-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Not his closing speed?

Hali has far exceeded anything that I thought he was capable of, but the fact is, he doesn't have any closing speed.

Sure?

But when Philip Rivers is faster than you are, then you do have a speed problem.

My thoughts exactly

TheGuardian
09-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Not his closing speed?

Sure.

I don't remember the play.

And since Hali pretty much blew all of your takes about him moving to outside backer in a 3-4 out of the water, I'll brush off your takes about him not having any closing speed too.

Lzen
09-28-2010, 10:21 AM
I have proudly worn my Tamba Hali #91 jersey this year. :)

milkman
09-28-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't remember the play.

And since Hali pretty much blew all of your takes about him moving to outside backer in a 3-4 out of the water, I'll brush off your takes about him not having any closing speed too.

Conveniently don't remember the play.

Just what I would expect from you.

TheGuardian
09-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Conveniently don't remember the play.

Just what I would expect from you.

I actually don't. But either way it's irrelevant since I've watch oh I dunno every game of his pro career and have never thought the reason Tamba hasn't had 10+ sacks is because of a lack of closing speed. His ability to turn the corner and close is just fine. You don't need to be a 4.4 guy to be a great pass rusher.

Saccopoo
09-28-2010, 12:01 PM
But I'd still like to see a guy with closing speed after he's beaten the LT playing ROLB. with Hali playing more on the left, where he has been his most effective as a pass rusher.

http://rumorsandrants.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/von-miller.jpg

Saccopoo
09-28-2010, 12:08 PM
I actually don't. But either way it's irrelevant since I've watch oh I dunno every game of his pro career and have never thought the reason Tamba hasn't had 10+ sacks is because of a lack of closing speed. His ability to turn the corner and close is just fine. You don't need to be a 4.4 guy to be a great pass rusher.

No you don't, but it helps a shit ton. The first step is more important. It's what made DT so unbelievable as a pass rusher. Hali is absolutely tenacious. Works his ass off. He would work over most right tackles in this league and if we had a guy with a great first step and closing speed opposite of him, you'd see the QB getting pushed into Hali a lot more.

Right now, he's living on his tenacity and having Crennel switch him up on either side of the line right before the snap. It's a bit of trickery so to speak. He's got the instincts and the drive and would be complimented by having a speed guy on the other side. If the Chiefs were fortunate enough to pick up a guy like Von Miller in the next draft, you'd see this defense really blow up.

InChiefsHeaven
09-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Tamba is definitely a beast, but I don't think it can really be argued that he's not about a half step slow. Seriously, just a little quicker and he'd have a ton more sacks this season alone. I'm not trashing the guy in any way, I love 'em to death, but he needs a Jared Allen opposite him in order to really rack em up...

...but there's no way in hell I'd want him off our team. With new coordinators and other players around him, I think Tamba could have a long and prosperous career in KC.

Reaper16
09-28-2010, 12:32 PM
No you don't, but it helps a shit ton. The first step is more important. It's what made DT so unbelievable as a pass rusher. Hali is absolutely tenacious. Works his ass off. He would work over most right tackles in this league and if we had a guy with a great first step and closing speed opposite of him, you'd see the QB getting pushed into Hali a lot more.

Right now, he's living on his tenacity and having Crennel switch him up on either side of the line right before the snap. It's a bit of trickery so to speak. He's got the instincts and the drive and would be complimented by having a speed guy on the other side. If the Chiefs were fortunate enough to pick up a guy like Von Miller in the next draft, you'd see this defense really blow up.
Yes. If the DL and LB play that we've enjoyed so far continues throughout the season, then a beast OLB would be the missing link.