PDA

View Full Version : Football Division Realignment

Rams Fan
09-28-2010, 09:37 AM
If you could realign the divisions, would you? If so where, would you put certain teams?

CaliforniaChief
09-28-2010, 09:40 AM
I'd take the Rams out of the NFL.

OnTheWarpath15
09-28-2010, 09:41 AM
I'd take the Rams out of the NFL.

LMAO

Thread over.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-28-2010, 09:41 AM
na, I think they just right, I think if you move certain teams then you mess with ruining rivalries.

Rams Fan
09-28-2010, 09:45 AM
na, I think they just right, I think if you move certain teams then you mess with ruining rivalries.

Hmm. I know I'm a Rams fan, but the Rams being in the West doesn't make any sense except for the 49ers rivalry. The Cowboys are close to the Cardinals, 49ers and Seahawks than the Rams are.

Also, if you're going to take the Rams out of the NFL, what about the Lions? That way, every team won't have to take a bye every week.

CaliforniaChief
09-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Hmm. I know I'm a Rams fan, but the Rams being in the West doesn't make any sense except for the 49ers rivalry. The Cowboys are close to the Cardinals, 49ers and Seahawks than the Rams are.

Also, if you're going to take the Rams out of the NFL, what about the Lions? That way, every team won't have to take a bye every week.

Nope, just the Rams. The Alabama Crimson Tide could jump right in.

chiefsnorth
09-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Who are the Rams..?

Dante84
09-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Nope, just the Rams. The Alabama Crimson Tide could jump right in.

Saban doesn't DO the NFL. Also, he hates agents.

DaKCMan AP
09-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Who are the Rams..?

http://www.ijerseys.net/store/images/95063.jpg
:shrug:

Deberg_1990
09-28-2010, 09:57 AM

Its ok as is. They just fixed it not too long ago when they went to 4 divisions instead of 3.

Alton deFlat
09-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Geographically speaking, some of the alignment doesn't make sense. From a rivalry standpoint, messing with it, makes less sense.

Dallas in the NFC east and the Rams in the NFC west is nuts, but you can't split up the Cowboys, Skins, Eagles and Giants. You could put the Rams in the NFC north, but who would you move?

In the AFC, a swap of divisions for Baltimore and Buffalo kinda makes sense, but why mess with something that works.

The only move that sounds half-way good is moving the Raiders to the AFC cellar.... or maybe they're already there.

Deberg_1990
09-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Geographically speaking, some of the alignment doesn't make sense. From a rivalry standpoint, messing with it, makes less sense.

Dallas in the NFC east and the Rams in the NFC west is nuts, but you can't split up the Cowboys, Skins, Eagles and Giants. You could put the Rams in the NFC north, but who would you move?

In the AFC, a swap of divisions for Baltimore and Buffalo kinda makes sense, but why mess with something that works.

The only move that sounds half-way good is moving the Raiders to the AFC cellar.... or maybe they're already there.

Yea, they wont split up the classic rivalries for the good of the $$$Game$$$

Rams Fan
09-28-2010, 10:07 AM

True about the Rams if they moved to the North and who would you move. You could make another division and just place all the Florida teams and either the Saints or the Falcons in it. Move the Panthers or Falcons/Saints into another division, but that would become even more complicated.

ChiefsCountry
09-28-2010, 10:20 AM
The only changes I would do in the current setup is put Baltimore in the east, Indianapolis in the north and put Miami in the south.
Posted via Mobile Device

tooge
09-28-2010, 10:25 AM
move Lambs back to LA so the LA vs. San Fran and San Diego thing is back. leave everything else where it is.

cmh6476
09-29-2010, 10:04 AM
I wish we had the Seahawks back, I miss that rivalry

CHENZ A!
09-29-2010, 10:14 AM
I wish we had the Seahawks back, I miss that rivalry

Wasn't much of a rivalry... We pretty much kicked their ass most of the time.

Also, division realignment is a HORRIBLE idea. The divisions right now are fine and have some long standing rivalries. Just because no one gives a shit about the Rams, doesn't mean we need to screw with a good thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
09-29-2010, 10:16 AM
If you could realign the divisions, would you? If so where, would you put certain teams?

Go to work or go to bed...

Bugeater
09-29-2010, 10:22 AM
The Jaguars should be moved to LA and put in the NFC west, and the Rams should take their place in the AFC south.

Rausch
09-29-2010, 10:24 AM
The Jaguars should be moved to LA and put in the NFC west, and the Rams should take their place in the AFC south.

Because the Rams ar-..........whut?

Los Pollos Hermanos
09-29-2010, 10:26 AM

The Cowboys stayed in the East because of their long standing rivalries with the Eagles, Giants and Redskins.

The Rams are a natural fit for the NFC West since they'll likely be back in LA one day.

Brock
09-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Nobody cares what division the Rams are in. They moved, deal with the consequences.

Bugeater
09-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Because the Rams ar-..........whut?
Not anywhere near the west coast.

KCinNY
09-29-2010, 10:54 AM
When the last realignment happened, the Mara family insisted on keeping the Cowboys in the East for rilvary purposes.

I doubt she really cared, but Georgia Frontiere (sp?) doesn't have that kind of pull with the league.

BWillie
09-29-2010, 11:00 AM
I'd want them to build a division w/ the Chiefs of...

Dallas Cowboys
Kansas City Chiefs
St. Louis RAMS
Denver Broncos
Tennessee Titans

Zaiko
09-29-2010, 11:33 AM
well Indy in the South but not miami i always thought was odd.

the nfc west just blows ass. but i dont know where u would make the switch wihtout a distance problem

Chiefnj2
09-29-2010, 11:52 AM
If they go to 18 games, the heck with divisions. Just have the AFC and NFC. Play every team in the conference 1x and 3 non conference games. Top 6 teams make the playoffs. Playoff tiebreaker - head to head first, point differential second.

sedated
09-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Hmm. I know I'm a Rams fan, but the Rams being in the West doesn't make any sense except for the 49ers rivalry.

the rams don't really belong anywhere. they are a bastard franchise.

Thig Lyfe
09-29-2010, 12:05 PM
The only reason realignment would be necessary in the near future is if the Vikings or Jaguars move out to L.A. If the Rams move back to L.A. nothing would have to change since they're already in the West.

Hug it Out Dan
09-29-2010, 12:13 PM
I just kinda did the realignment by region. Didn't take account for keeping some rivalries around the league. I know that's important to most people. I just didn't do it that way.

49ers
Raiders
Chargers
Seahawks

Broncos
Cowboys
Cardinals
Texans

Chiefs
Rams
Packers
Vikings

Lions
Browns
Bengals
Bears

Titans
Jaguars
Colts
Panthers

Buccs
Saints
Dolphins
Falcons

Bills
Jets
Giants
Patriots

Steelers
Redskins
Ravens
Eagles

BigRichard
09-29-2010, 01:47 PM
I might move the Rams to the Pac 10 but then they would be up to 13 teams.

DonTellMeShowMe
09-29-2010, 02:06 PM
I might move the Rams to the Pac 10 but then they would be up to 13 teams.

or to the SEC based on that ass-kicking Texas took from UCLA lol

KurtCobain
09-29-2010, 02:13 PM
The only changes I would do in the current setup is put Baltimore in the east, Indianapolis in the north and put Miami in the south.
Posted via Mobile Device

This. And also I think the town of St Louis doesn't 'deserve' a football squad, so boot it up north to omaha and put them in the AFC, move the bengals out of the north and place them in prison where they belong.

Ebolapox
09-29-2010, 02:20 PM
I'd want them to build a division w/ the Chiefs of...

Dallas Cowboys
Kansas City Chiefs
St. Louis Chiefs
Denver Broncos
Tennessee Titans

who the fuck are the st. louis chiefs?

Rain Man
09-29-2010, 04:19 PM
If I could rearrange I'd put the Chiefs in the AFC and the other 31 teams in the NFC. Super Bowl every year!

Hug it Out Dan
09-29-2010, 04:24 PM
If I could rearrange I'd put the Chiefs in the AFC and the other 31 teams in the NFC. Super Bowl every year!

Yessss!!!!
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/49398/913-carl6.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.81_medium.jpg

Basileus777
09-29-2010, 04:56 PM
If they go to 18 games, the heck with divisions. Just have the AFC and NFC. Play every team in the conference 1x and 3 non conference games. Top 6 teams make the playoffs. Playoff tiebreaker - head to head first, point differential second.

Making point differential a tiebreaker is just an awful idea.

Besides, it won't happen. The NFL makes too much money off of rivalry games. I don't want to turn the NFL into the NBA where rivalries only matter in the postseason either.