PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bump and Run with the Chiefs D??? Really??

petegz28
09-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Can it really be true???

Have you noticed since the regular season started we have seen something we have not seen in about, oh, when did Marty leave???

Corners up on the receivers!!! Bump and run, man coverage. I ****ing love it!!

I know we can't do it every play like we did with Carter and Hasty but it is so refreshing to see us getting up in the face of the WR's at the line.

It brings back memories of the days when you would see just about ever defender up on the line just daring the offense to beat them.

Will we do it against Peyton? I hope so. Peyton can be a victim of his own success by holding the ball too long or forcing a play waiting for someone to come open.

boogblaster
09-28-2010, 08:07 PM
It will help ... yes .....

HotRoute
09-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Did I hear you say flowers island?

petegz28
09-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Did I hear you say flowers island?

It is going to be curious to see who plays Wayne since he traditionally plays on the opposite side Flowers plays. That may not be a bad thing though. We roll double coverage over to Wayne to help Carr and that does nothing but make Peyton wide-eyed that he has single coverage on the other side and he will throw there. Only thing is our best CB and one of the best CB's in the league will be on that side.

So what do you do if you are Peyton? Throw into double coverage at Carr? Or throw into single coverage at Flowers???

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 08:18 PM
You can not double Wayne. Collie and Clark will fucking kill you.

milkman
09-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Emmit Thomas was the master of the bump and run.

He was also a master at setting up a QB, making him believe that a receiver was open, then breaking on the ball and making a play, much like what we are seeing from Flowers this year.

Thomas might well be the most underrated coaching hire this year.

petegz28
09-28-2010, 08:23 PM
You can not double Wayne. Collie and Clark will ****ing kill you.

I disagree....

2 guys on Wayne
2 guys on Clark

You still have 7 to cover the 3rd guy and pass rush. If we can get pressure with a 4 man rush we can essentially double cover 3 guys with one playing the run, middle or deep.

Indy cannot run the ball well as far as I am concerned so I think that gives us an advantage to cheating against the pass.

milkman
09-28-2010, 08:24 PM
You can not double Wayne. Collie and Clark will ****ing kill you.

I think we have to pick our poison.

I'd rather take Clark away from Manning.

petegz28
09-28-2010, 08:26 PM
I think we have to pick our poison.

I'd rather take Clark away from Manning.

I think we can double both every play. Double Wayne and make it a bitch for Clark to get off the line. If they split Clark out you double him too and let Flowers run 1-1 with whoever.

mcaj22
09-28-2010, 08:30 PM
I disagree....

2 guys on Wayne
2 guys on Clark

You still have 7 to cover the 3rd guy and pass rush. If we can get pressure with a 4 man rush we can essentially double cover 3 guys with one playing the run, middle or deep.

this is exactly what Indy WANTS teams to do. If you put 4 guys on 2 guys that leaves 1 guy on Collie and 1 guy on Garcon, and then another guy has to cover the RB if he goes out.

That's the match ups they are looking for Peyton will throw it to Collie and Garcon all day. I think Collie is up there in receptions this season for this exact reason. He's beating the 1 on 1 coverage he's getting.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Garcon is hurt.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 08:38 PM
I think we can double both every play. Double Wayne and make it a bitch for Clark to get off the line. If they split Clark out you double him too and let Flowers run 1-1 with whoever.

Get fucking real already.

They have about 4 options on every single play. You aren't doubling 2 of them.

You go man up on their receivers and then bracket coverage Clark. Clark is Manning's safety valve.

petegz28
09-28-2010, 08:39 PM
this is exactly what Indy WANTS teams to do. If you put 4 guys on 2 guys that leaves 1 guy on Collie and 1 guy on Garcon, and then another guy has to cover the RB if he goes out.

That's the match ups they are looking for Peyton will throw it to Collie and Garcon all day. I think Collie is up there in receptions this season for this exact reason. He's beating the 1 on 1 coverage he's getting.

Well then you are talking about a 3 WR set with 1 TE and 1 RB and an average offensive line. Tighten up in the box and blitz the fuck out of Peyton. Make him have to throw the quick short pass and we blast whoever he throws too over the middle.

IF, and I say IF we get pressure with a 4 man rush it should be a long afternoon for Peyton. Getting pressure with 4 rushers opens up a multitude of coverage possibilities.

petegz28
09-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Get ****ing real already.

You go man up on their receivers and then bracket coverage Clark. Clark is Manning's safety valve.

You man up on Wayne and you will get your lunch eaten. I think the combination of Flowers and a decent pass rush affords you to double Clark and Wayne.

Wreckloose
09-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Good success bracketing Gates second half and Vernon Davis, I think you do that to Clark and take your chances elsewhere.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 08:43 PM
You man up on Wayne and you will get your lunch eaten. I think the combination of Flowers and a decent pass rush affords you to double Clark and Wayne.

You make me want to punch babies with this stupidity.

What about the NFL yardage leader, Austin Collie? Who are you putting on him?

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Well then you are talking about a 3 WR set with 1 TE and 1 RB and an average offensive line. Tighten up in the box and blitz the **** out of Peyton. Make him have to throw the quick short pass and we blast whoever he throws too over the middle.

IF, and I say IF we get pressure with a 4 man rush it should be a long afternoon for Peyton. Getting pressure with 4 rushers opens up a multitude of coverage possibilities.

Are you really Greg Robinson?

petegz28
09-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Good success bracketing Gates second half and Vernon Davis, I think you do that to Clark and take your chances elsewhere.

Assuming we go nickel you would have a saftey and LB on Clark. I think with our run defense being what it is, you can roll the other saftey to Wayne or the slot, whichever you want. I think 1 LB and our down 4 can handle the Indy running game.

petegz28
09-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Are you really Greg Robinson?

Quite the opposite. I am talking about our down 4 punching Indy's line in the fucking mouth and blanketing is receivers. It's pretty simple when you get down to it.

Rausch
09-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Get ****ing real already.

Yeah, do that.

Make sure you give Manning a coverage/scheme he can find redundancies in.

He'd never beat that...

petegz28
09-28-2010, 08:46 PM
This actually a game I would love to see Studenaker get the start so whoever lines up in front of Clark, Hali or Study, they can just mug him off the line and you still have speed coming from the other side.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Yeah, do that.

Make sure you give Manning a coverage/scheme he can find redundancies in.

He'd never beat that...

I'm sure Crenell is smart enough to mask a ton of shit. However, going in with the gameplan to double Clark and Wayne is going to give Austin Collie a career day.

CaliforniaChief
09-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Put Shaun Smith on Reggie Wayne. He'll make full use of the five yard bump and grind zone.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Quite the opposite. I am talking about our down 4 punching Indy's line in the ****ing mouth and blanketing is receivers. It's pretty simple when you get down to it.

Yes, real simple. I'm sure no other team in Peyton's history has tried the physical at the line approach.

Rausch is right. You have to mask every single coverage and give him different looks all game long.

Rausch
09-28-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm sure Crenell is smart enough to mask a ton of shit. However, going in with the gameplan to double Clark and Wayne is going to give Austin Collie a career day.

Exactly.

Mix up the man/zone coverage. Mix up the blitzes. Mix up the packages.

NEVER let that spoiled fuck get comfortable...

petegz28
09-28-2010, 08:51 PM

Collie is their slot receiver, correct? You already have a ton of speed on him with Arenas, so you have a LB paste his ass if he cuts across the middle. If he goes deep the Saftey is going ot have to make a decision.

Howver, that being said, if they go 3 wideouts all the time I am sending Berry on a blitz like crazy. The key is make Manning throw the short quick pass.

petegz28
09-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Exactly.

Mix up the man/zone coverage. Mix up the blitzes. Mix up the packages.

NEVER let that spoiled **** get comfortable...

Well I agree with that. I am not saying you do the same thing on every play. I am saying that the key is to make Manning throw short. 1-1 on WR's is where Peyton loves to go deep. And Wayne catches everything that is thrown his way. I don't trust Carr to be able to handle him 1-1.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Collie is their slot receiver, correct? You already have a ton of speed on him with Arenas, so you have a LB paste his ass if he cuts across the middle. If he goes deep the Saftey is going ot have to make a decision.

Howver, that being said, if they go 3 wideouts all the time I am sending Berry on a blitz like crazy. The key is make Manning throw the short quick pass.

You should just stop this Madden-esque bullshit while you are ahead.

Collie plays all over the field. Arenas covering him all game is another nightmare in the making.

milkman
09-28-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't think I would ever run a safety blitz at Manning.

tk13
09-28-2010, 08:55 PM
I know it isn't 5 years ago. But I don't think Crennel will be overly aggressive from a coverage standpoint at all.... that's not how he used to approach Manning. He will play zone, zone, and zone... deep coverages, make Manning keep it underneath, prevent the deep ball. Try to keep our safeties from getting brutalized... out smart Peyton by shifting formations and coverages. Not by trying to win matchups. I recall him being pretty passive actually except for sometimes switching formations or alignments right before the snap.

petegz28
09-28-2010, 08:57 PM

I would. Not consitently but I would. I would throw every kind of blitz in the book at him. Provided his o-line doesn't go all-world on us, he is going to be forced to dump the short pass off more times than not. If not a saftey then definitely DJ up the middle.

I am not interested in giving Manning time to survey the field. And when he does I would rather have him having to go through his reads because his go to guys are doubled.

petegz28
09-28-2010, 08:59 PM
I know it isn't 5 years ago. But I don't think Crennel will be overly aggressive from a coverage standpoint at all.... that's not how he used to approach Manning. He will play zone, zone, and zone... deep coverages, make Manning keep it underneath, prevent the deep ball. Try to keep our safeties from getting brutalized... out smart Peyton by shifting formations and coverages. Not by trying to win matchups. I recall him being pretty passive actually except for sometimes switching formations or alignments right before the snap.

Just make Peyton move around. He doesn't like to scramble, he loves his pocket. Hit him, move him, knock him down, sack his fucking ass. Get in his head. I think his o-line is weak and can be exploited. Denver actually got to him pretty good I thought.

Rausch
09-28-2010, 09:01 PM

If you want to stop Manning look at the Steelers/Chargers games of the last 4 years and the Texans game this year.

What do they all have in common?...

petegz28
09-28-2010, 09:01 PM
If you want to stop Manning look at the Steelers/Chargers games of the last 4 years and the Texans game this year.

What do they all have in common?...

I give up, what?

milkman
09-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Just make Peyton move around. He doesn't like to scramble, he loves his pocket. Hit him, move him, knock him down, sack his ****ing ass. Get in his head. I think his o-line is weak and can be exploited. Denver actually got to him pretty good I thought.

He doesn't like to move around, but don't kid yourself, he is still able to make plays when he has to.

The best defense for Manning and that passing game is physical play on the receivers at the LOS to disrupt timing, and to get pressure from the middle right into Manning's face.

petegz28
09-28-2010, 09:10 PM
He doesn't like to move around, but don't kid yourself, he is still able to make plays when he has to.

The best defense for Manning and that passing game is physical play on the receivers at the LOS to disrupt timing, and to get pressure from the middle right into Manning's face.

You don't have to tell me. But he is human when he has to move.

CaliforniaChief
09-28-2010, 09:10 PM

Hopefully Dorsey and Smith can punch through the middle enough to interfere with his vision while the receivers are getting mauled. I think you're right.

milkman
09-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Hopefully Dorsey and Smith can punch through the middle enough to interfere with his vision while the receivers are getting mauled. I think you're right.

I think we're going to see Hali in more coverage than usual with DJ or Belcher blitzing straight up the middle.

Rausch
09-28-2010, 09:16 PM
I give up, what?

Constantly blitz, every play.

Change coverages and looks each 3rd down.

Run the ball and eat clock like you're a Hilton daughter...