PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Brandon Jacobs

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 10:38 AM
This guy obviously wants out of NY. I wonder what it would take to get him.
I know our RBs look great but TJs gonna hit a wall pretty soon, and I think we could use a battering ran like Jacobs for goal line, and 4th quarter grinding.
Anybody know much about his situation, what do you think it would take to land him, and how would you guys feel about us trying to pick him up?

Marcellus
09-29-2010, 10:39 AM
No, no, and no.

Anything else?

Brock
09-29-2010, 10:39 AM
He sucks.

DaFace
09-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Can he play QB?

The Franchise
09-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Fucking dumb.

bevischief
09-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Can he play NT?

Marcellus
09-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Charles needs more carries.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 10:44 AM
****ing dumb.

It was just a ?? damn. I clearly displayed my ignorance about him.

Thank you everyone else for shedding some light on the situation for me.

He sucks, and it wouldn't be a good idea. got it.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 10:44 AM
No, no, and no.

Anything else?

That will be all thank you.

loochy
09-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah, let's take away MORE carries from Charles.

Hootie
09-29-2010, 10:46 AM
yeah!!!

more rb's!

that's what we need

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 10:46 AM

TJs not gonna be effective for very much longer. He could break down at any time.

Bwana
09-29-2010, 10:47 AM
No

InChiefsHeaven
09-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Charles needs more carries.

Cassel is the worst QB ever.

InChiefsHeaven
09-29-2010, 10:49 AM
I know our RBs look great but TJs gonna hit a wall pretty soon, and I think we could use a battering ran like Jacobs for goal line, and 4th quarter grinding.
Anybody know much about his situation, what do you think it would take to land him, and how would you guys feel about us trying to pick him up?

I don't think there is any problems with Battle as our number 3. This to me would be a pointless move.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 10:50 AM
yeah!!!

more rb's!

that's what we need

We DO need a battering ram.
I think that's what all backfields should consist of. A Charles, and a Bettis type.
Kind of like Parker, and Bettis, when they won the SB. Like I said TJs effectiveness is on the clock. I was also referring to this an an off-season thing, not as in we should be going after him during the bye.

Mr. Plow
09-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Only if we can give some of Charles carries to him. He surely can't last an entire season with all the touches he's getting.

Brock
09-29-2010, 10:52 AM
TJs not gonna be effective for very much longer. He could break down at any time.

Based on what? He shows NO signs of slowing down.

BWillie
09-29-2010, 10:52 AM
We don't need to focus on running back right now unless we pick up a sleeper late in the draft.

Hug it Out Dan
09-29-2010, 10:56 AM
1. He wants to start. He doesn't want to share carries which is why he wants out of NY.
2. We have Battle who IMO is a good RB. When (if) should Jones hits a wall this season or next, we already have a young big back that can share the load (thats what she said).

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Based on what? He shows NO signs of slowing down.

RBs hardly do until they're skills are gone.

The # of RBs that continue to be effective after 30 is VERY small, and every year after that is pretty much borrowed time. It's not an opinion. the #s do not lie.

-King-
09-29-2010, 10:58 AM
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq94/Tom_Saunders_/sisko_facepalm.gif

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 10:58 AM
1. He wants to start. He doesn't want to share carries which is why he wants out of NY.
2. We have Battle who IMO is a good RB. When (if) should Jones hits a wall this season or next, we already have a young big back that can share the load (thats what she said).

OIC. I thought he wanted out because he was basically getting no carries at all.
He seemed to be fine sharing the load with two other guys during their SB run, and was basically a juggernaut when he was in there.

-King-
09-29-2010, 10:59 AM

The # of RBs that continue to be effective after 30 is VERY small, and every year after that is pretty much borrowed time. It's not an opinion. the #s do not lie.

The numbers also say that TJ has been FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR...Did I mention FAR...better than Brandon Jacobs these past few years.

Brock
09-29-2010, 11:00 AM

Pretty sure he'll survive at least through this season. Brandon Jacobs sucks even if he is younger.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 11:01 AM
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq94/Tom_Saunders_/sisko_facepalm.gif

It was just a thought good god.
I actually didn't know he was already 28. That said, I would have taken a 28 year old Jacobs, over a 33 year old TJ, and Jackie Battle, but it looks like BJ is gonna be 29 anyway so......

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2010, 11:02 AM

What are you basing this on? The guy is built like a tank and hasn't left off from last season.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Pretty sure he'll survive at least through this season. Brandon Jacobs sucks even if he is younger.

Like I said. I was referring to going after him in the off-season, but didn't know he was as old as he is.
I still think we should go after a LeGarret Blount type in the later rounds of the draft next off-season. We need a thunder with our lightning.
Again. I'm talking about for the future. Not right now.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 11:04 AM
What are you basing this on? The guy is built like a tank and hasn't left off from last season.

Originally Posted by beach tribe

Hootie
09-29-2010, 11:06 AM
dude give up man

the last thing we need is a RB...

BigCatDaddy
09-29-2010, 11:08 AM
DO IT! I want to get a helmet that a Chief has actually worn on the cheap.

BigCatDaddy
09-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by beach tribe

-Signed Marcus Allen.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 11:10 AM
And TJ has averaged right at 300 carries for the last 6 years, and going to get quite a bit this year as well. The # of 33 year old RBs which he will be after the season, with that many carries, that continue to be effective is miniscule.

Brock
09-29-2010, 11:11 AM
I agree, they should do something next offseason for insurance.

suds79
09-29-2010, 11:11 AM
RB is a young man's position. Particularly for power guys.

You want a goaline back for the future? Draft some 230+ lb guy in the mid to late rounds next year.

We kinda have a guy like that now in Battle.

So in short, pass on Jacobs.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 11:13 AM
-Signed Marcus Allen.

Marcus Allen averaged under 175 carries a year for 12 years before we picked him up.

Believe it or not people, we are going to need another quality (power) back after this season.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 11:14 AM
RB is a young man's position. Particularly for power guys.

You want a goaline back for the future? Draft some 230+ lb guy in the mid to late rounds next year.

We kinda have a guy like that now in Battle.

So in short, pass on Jacobs.

Totally agree with this now. Didn't realize Jacobs was as old as he is.

I'm not sold at all on Battle.

pkane
09-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Like I said. I was referring to going after him in the off-season, but didn't know he was as old as he is.
I still think we should go after a LeGarret Blount type in the later rounds of the draft next off-season. We need a thunder with our lightning.
Again. I'm talking about for the future. Not right now.

I would still take TJ next year over Jacobs next year.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 11:21 AM
I would still take TJ next year over Jacobs next year.

Pretty quick on your edit.

I agree. As I've already stated, I've moved on from the Jacobs Idea. That was kind of the point of the thread. To learn about Jacobs. He's too old. Anybody have any ideas about a later round battering ram that may be available in the draft next season?

Shogun
09-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Im pretty sure Jackie Battle is around for that very reason. And he shows promise. Brandon Jacobs is a punk with a bad attitude, fuck em.

pkane
09-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Pretty quick on your edit.

I agree. As I've already stated, I've moved on from the Jacobs Idea. That was kind of the point of the thread. To learn about Jacobs. He's too old. Anybody have any ideas about a later round battering ram that may be available in the draft next season?

Yeah, I went back to re-read just to make sure, I was wrong. But, I do like TJ and I do like Battle. Maybe in the next month or two we will be able to see if Battle gets any goal line or 3rd and short carries. It would be nice to know if he will be worth keeping around.

patteeu
09-29-2010, 11:33 AM

I don't see any reason for people to come down on you so hard, but I guess that's the way this place is for better or worse.

I agree with those who don't think Brandon Jacobs is very attractive. He looks like a "battering ram", but frankly he doesn't play like one. He's had his moments, but over the course of his career, he's been underwhelming in that department for such a big back, IMO.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't see any reason for people to come down on you so hard, but I guess that's the way this place is for better or worse.

I agree with those who don't think Brandon Jacobs is very attractive. He looks like a "battering ram", but frankly he doesn't play like one. He's had his moments, but over the course of his career, he's been underwhelming in that department for such a big back, IMO.

I really hadn't paid any attention to him in quite a while, but it's obvious his better days are behind him, and isn't even worth a thought. That's why i got such a negative response. It's really no big deal. I am however interested in knowing if anybody has seen a big back that will be coming out next year, and yeah, I'm eager to see if Battle can actually be the #2 guy we're gonna need.

patteeu
09-29-2010, 11:38 AM

yeah!!!

more rb's!

that's what we need

I think the Chiefs should definitely be on the lookout for another RB, but it should be a young guy (next offseason), not a vet free agent. Thomas Jones can't last forever and as good as Jamaal Charles is, I don't want all of our eggs in one basket.

mcaj22
09-29-2010, 11:47 AM
are you fucking kidding me with this fucking garbage thread? Is this a joke? We are finally winning games and there are fan(s) out there that want some piece of garbage player like this? Why because he had a couple good years? You want Brandon Jacobs who plays RB which is our STRONGEST position on our team currently that we already have enough of a fucking logjam at?

Have you actually taken the time out from making this imaginary trade on your Madden video game to actually watch Brandon Jacobs this season when he does play? This guy is last years version of Larry Johnson, he is a cancer to that team and when he does get the ball, he runs two yards and falls down at the line of scrimmage.

He's so fucking bad he almost got his QB seriously injured during preseason thanks to his fucking stupidity. He's lucky Eli walked away with just that gash on his head, that could have been 10x worse thanks to that stupid fuck Brandon Jacobs.

I cannot believe there are dumbass fans out there that look at a garbage player like this and think he would be a good addition to this team. I mean seriously, this guy is absolute trash and what in the blue hell goes through someones mind to think a guy like Jacobs can bring anything to the table for this team?

mcaj22
09-29-2010, 11:52 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yEUoXHwapYM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yEUoXHwapYM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

yep, just what we need a guy that can't figure out an audible, does the wrong play, runs into his QB like an idiot and almost gets him murdered.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 11:58 AM
are you ****ing kidding me with this ****ing garbage thread? Is this a joke? We are finally winning games and there are fan(s) out there that want some piece of garbage player like this? Why because he had a couple good years? You want Brandon Jacobs who plays RB which is our STRONGEST position on our team currently that we already have enough of a ****ing logjam at?

Have you actually taken the time out from making this imaginary trade on your Madden video game to actually watch Brandon Jacobs this season when he does play? This guy is last years version of Larry Johnson, he is a cancer to that team and when he does get the ball, he runs two yards and falls down at the line of scrimmage.

He's so ****ing bad he almost got his QB seriously injured during preseason thanks to his ****ing stupidity. He's lucky Eli walked away with just that gash on his head, that could have been 10x worse thanks to that stupid **** Brandon Jacobs.

I cannot believe there are dumbass fans out there that look at a garbage player like this and think he would be a good addition to this team. I mean seriously, this guy is absolute trash and what in the blue hell goes through someones mind to think a guy like Jacobs can bring anything to the table for this team?

STFU retard. It was an inquiry. TJ won't last forever, and Jackie Battle has hardly proven SHIT. We are going to need to look for a Power back somewhere in the future. It's obvious that it's not BJ, and never said it needed to be I ASKED what people thought because I haven't watched him.
We are not going to the SB his season, I know you'r too short sighted to see past our 3 wins, but I'm not. I'm looking forward to a Lombardi trophy, so if you don't have any input then Shut you're mouth, and actually have an opinion worth stating before you start slinging shit bitch.

BigCatDaddy
09-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Marcus Allen averaged under 175 carries a year for 12 years before we picked him up.

Believe it or not people, we are going to need another quality (power) back after this season.

Fine, signed Curtis Martin.

If you want to draft another guy in the late rounds or pick up a guy like Hillis on the cheap I'm good with that idea, but Jacobs no.

You will see TJ playing as a Chief next year though and based on what I see he will still be very effective, so you are probably a year early on your thinking.

DaKCMan AP
09-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Brandon Jacobs is an awful goal line back. The best short-yardage, goal line backs are not the big 220lb+ guys.

DaKCMan AP
09-29-2010, 12:03 PM
TJ won't last forever, and Jackie Battle has hardly proven SHIT. We are going to need to look for a Power back somewhere in the future.

So draft one or get one as an UDFA. RBs grow on trees.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 12:04 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yEUoXHwapYM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yEUoXHwapYM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

yep, just what we need a guy that can't figure out an audible, does the wrong play, runs into his QB like an idiot and almost gets him murdered.

Seriously MFer I stated that I hadn't watched him. I don't pay attention to NY football. And again I ASKED for people's input. You need to be bitch slapped n00b.

READ THE THREAD Fn Idiot.

vailpass
09-29-2010, 12:07 PM
are you ****ing kidding me with this ****ing garbage thread? Is this a joke? We are finally winning games and there are fan(s) out there that want some piece of garbage player like this? Why because he had a couple good years? You want Brandon Jacobs who plays RB which is our STRONGEST position on our team currently that we already have enough of a ****ing logjam at?

He's so ****ing bad he almost got his QB seriously injured during preseason thanks to his ****ing stupidity. He's lucky Eli walked away with just that gash on his head, that could have been 10x worse thanks to that stupid **** Brandon Jacobs.

This one runs his cock holster an awful lot for a n00b. This kind of shit never would have happened on Skip's watch.

mcaj22
09-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Seriously MFer I stated that I hadn't watched him. I don't pay attention to NY football. And again I ASKED for people's input. You need to be bitch slapped n00b.

READ THE THREAD Fn Idiot.

So I'm the idiot because you are making a thread about a guy you have no idea about, but still think he's relevant and good in this league because he played on a Super Bowl team and a had couple 1,000 yard seasons?

And I'm the noob? Maybe you should do the research yourself before making the ****ing thread and you could see the guy isn't even worth a thread.

BigCatDaddy
09-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Here you go. Keith Payne looks like your guy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2011_RB

mcaj22
09-29-2010, 12:15 PM
This one runs his cock holster an awful lot for a n00b. This kind of shit never would have happened on Skip's watch.

Why because I think someone is an idiot for mentioning shit Brandon Jacobs on a Chiefs forum? An awful lot would mean you see me do this on this forum a lot, I'm not quite sure I have ever made a post like that before nor do I post daily. I have seen way worse lurking watching veteran posters threaten each others family over what the Chiefs should have done with their 2nd round draft pick or why Jamaal Charles isnt getting enough carries.

But I'm the bad guy because I had no idea there were closet Chief fans who were Brandon Jacobs elitist defenders and would get offended. Makes sense.

The post I made was absolutely awful, but every time I check this forum there is always a thread made about some veteran garbage player that seems to have someone homering for the Chiefs grabbing him. (I.e. Brandon Jacobs, TJ Housh, and even Trent Edwards.) I just don't get it I guess. Every guy that seems to be on the move there's always a thread on here expecting the Chiefs to get him like we are the only team in the entire league.

Demonpenz
09-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Go Hold Shaun Smith.

Chieftain58
09-29-2010, 12:21 PM
This guy is not a battering ram anymore... he pussy foots around trying to be Barry Sanders...NO WAY on this turd!~

Skyy God
09-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Absurd suggestion, beach. He's disgruntled as the backup now. How much of a cancer would he be playing 3rd string?

vailpass
09-29-2010, 12:24 PM
blah.blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbla hblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbla hblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbla hblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbla hblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbla hblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbla hblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbla hblahblahblahblahblah

n00b says what?

siberian khatru
09-29-2010, 12:30 PM
We need Brandon Jacobs like the world needs old Star Wars movies in 3D.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Here you go. Keith Payne looks like your guy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2011_RB

Nice Find Dude. Thanks. Dude is a BEAST.

Skyy God
We need Brandon Jacobs like the world needs old Star Wars movies in 3D.

I was hoping this was a cruel, theoretical joke. Alas.

Brock
Sorry about the lynching, dude.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 12:47 PM
So I'm the idiot because you are making a thread about a guy you have no idea about, but still think he's relevant and good in this league because he played on a Super Bowl team and a had couple 1,000 yard seasons?

And I'm the noob? Maybe you should do the research yourself before making the ****ing thread and you could see the guy isn't even worth a thread.

Listen you fkn retard I ASKED the planet about him, and got educated about him and came to the conclusion that he would not in fact be anything that we need. I said we could use a battering ram like him, or I guess Like what he use to be. Maybe you need to brush up on your reading comprehension. DUMBASS.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Sorry about the lynching, dude.

No problem dude a simple search for BJs age, and stats would have saved me from even including him in the OP, so I can understand some of the WTF responses, but the unnecessary, and unearned shit storm delivered by this know it all n00b was entirely uncalled for.

My true intent was to gather more info about the FUTURE power back that I hope we can land at some point in our "window" that's opening. I didn't exactly word the OP in such a way as to make that clear.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-29-2010, 01:03 PM
If you want a "bruiser" just send the Battleship out onto the field.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 01:12 PM
If you want a "bruiser" just send the Battleship out onto the field.

I really hope he turns out to be the banger we will need. It's yet to be seen.

Red Dawg
09-29-2010, 01:13 PM
We could go after Jacobs but Betty White would be cheaper and she can run a little faster.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 01:20 PM
We could go after Jacobs but Betty White would be cheaper and she can run a little faster.

LOL. I don't think Clark will be willing to come out of pocket for the Golden One.

Titty Meat
09-29-2010, 02:25 PM
This thread sucks.

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 02:32 PM
This thread sucks.
Nebraska sucks true fan.

Let's see that pic of you with dildo again virgin.

Titty Meat
09-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Nebraska sucks true fan.

Let's see that pic of you with dildo again virgin.

Um no their ranked 6th.

Lets see you get off the crank and start making some sense.

Thig Lyfe
09-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Let's run a 4-rb formation with Moeaki split wide.

Sofa King
09-29-2010, 02:49 PM
you're afraid of our rb breaking down, so your solution is to bring in a back who's already broken down?

beach tribe
09-29-2010, 02:58 PM
you're afraid of our rb breaking down, so your solution is to bring in a back who's already broken down?

I was actually asking the planet about him. Hadn't paid much attention to him, I was way off base. Really just talking about the future, and didn't realize he was old and broken. If you would have read the thread you would have realized I humbly admit to the mistake.

BossChief
09-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Jacobs? really man?

Not just no, but HELL NO.

Literally, I would rather resign LJ.

(this is in no way advocating doing so, just to be clear)

King_Chief_Fan
09-29-2010, 03:40 PM
:doh!::facepalm:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-29-2010, 03:46 PM
He's mostly used up, and he's a malcontent. Fuck him.

ModSocks
09-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Wow. I can't believe this thread has gone 6 pages and is STILL on the front page.

BossChief
09-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Wow. I can't believe this thread has gone 6 pages and is STILL on the front page.

you need to set you post/page to 80 then cause its still on page on for me

LiL stumppy
09-29-2010, 04:00 PM

Dont worry.. He is a huge dipshit.

If we was as cheap as Thomas Jones was and Thomas Jones contract was up, after next year, I would be all for it. Problem is, he wont be that cheap.

ModSocks
09-29-2010, 04:02 PM

If we was as cheap as Thomas Jones was and Thomas Jones contract was up, after next year, I would be all for it. Problem is, he wont be that cheap.

That would be a terrible pick up. Horrible. Dude has a bad attitude and hasn't produced on the field in like two years.

He's done. LJ part II.

The Franchise
09-29-2010, 04:15 PM

Suck dick, Sooner fan.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1x1mvb2W23Q/SWbY3lAV5iI/AAAAAAAAATE/d2ecYx2_w2g/s400/ou+band.jpg

LiL stumppy
09-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Suck dick, Sooner fan.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1x1mvb2W23Q/SWbY3lAV5iI/AAAAAAAAATE/d2ecYx2_w2g/s400/ou+band.jpg

oh yes there it is... let me guess, your a usc nut hugger huh

luv
09-29-2010, 10:31 PM
That would be a terrible pick up. Horrible. Dude has a bad attitude and hasn't produced on the field in like two years.

He's done. LJ part II.

Kind of what I was thinking as well.