PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jersey with names

synthesis2
09-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Just a thought here but why do people purchase jerseys with players names on them and wear them way too long. Or of the player you have the jersey on sucked in a game then you look stupid for buying it. Or they get traded, hurt, etc.

I had my last name put on mine and only wear it to the games and have worn it for several years and never hear anything. In fact the few people that asked about it, just tell them its your last name and they always say something like, thats "cool" etc.

I just keeps you from having to change jerseys or looking bad wearing a traded, hurt etc.

Also it just seems weird for a grown adult to wear another mans name on his shirt.

DaFace
09-29-2010, 09:23 PM
I think it's pretty weird to wear your own name on a jersey, honestly.

Shogun
09-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Weirdo

ChiefsCountry
09-29-2010, 09:26 PM
I have a personalized jersey with my high school #, my trouble is I won't wear it bc its fucking Matt Cassel's number. And you all know my feelings on that POS.

Chiefs Rool
09-29-2010, 09:27 PM
meh, what's the point in that? If you are worried bout a player leaving, get a Will Shields jersey or something, nothing wrong with supporting a Chiefs legend IMO.

Bugeater
09-29-2010, 09:29 PM
I actually agree, I've never understood the whole wearing someone else's jersey either. Although putting your own name on it is kinda out there too.

stlchiefs
09-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Do you play for the Chiefs? I think it's weird to put your own name on a jersey like you're a player. Just buy a retired player's jersey and you're fine.

dilligaf
09-29-2010, 09:51 PM
I bought a Ryan Sims jersey...we all know how that turned out. So i bought a Jared Allen jersey. I thought I had it covered. I said #### it and got a Derrick Thomas jersey. I think I'm safe now. He's not gonna get cut or traded.

Jewish Rabbi
09-29-2010, 09:53 PM
I think it's fuckin weird that you started a random thread about this.

stevieray
09-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Do you play for the Chiefs? I think it's weird to put your own name on a jersey like you're a player. Just buy a retired player's jersey and you're fine.

Hug it Out Dan
09-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Just a thought here but why do people purchase jerseys with players names on them and wear them way too long. Or of the player you have the jersey on sucked in a game then you look stupid for buying it. Or they get traded, hurt, etc.

I had my last name put on mine and only wear it to the games and have worn it for several years and never hear anything. In fact the few people that asked about it, just tell them its your last name and they always say something like, thats "cool" etc.

I just keeps you from having to change jerseys or looking bad wearing a traded, hurt etc.

Also it just seems weird for a grown adult to wear another mans name on his shirt.

To be honest I think its weird for people to wear jerseys with their own names on the back of them.

AND.....you could always get a throwback jersey, legends last forever. I can't tell you how many DT jerseys I still see to this day. It's probably still one of the highest selling Chiefs jerseys. And when Gonzalez retires.....

BIG_DADDY
09-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Only have a Priest Holmes jersey right now. I'll just consider it a classic

Hug it Out Dan
09-29-2010, 10:01 PM
I have a personalized jersey with my high school #, my trouble is I won't wear it bc its ****ing Matt Cassel's number. And you all know my feelings on that POS.

ROFL I always laugh when I see someone wearing a Cassel jersey.

I'm sitting there thinking "either that guy has some balls. Or he just doesn't pay attention to football."

luv
09-29-2010, 10:15 PM

Do they still sell them, or do you have to special order one? I have a DT. I want Delaney, too.

redngold85
09-29-2010, 10:35 PM
that's why I bought an authentic DT jersey...can't top that!

stevieray
09-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Do they still sell them, or do you have to special order one? I have a DT. I want Delaney, too.

google is our friend...:)

that said, I have an auto'd Jared Allen jersey..:cuss:

KCrockaholic
09-29-2010, 10:40 PM

I'm sitting there thinking "either that guy has some balls. Or he just doesn't pay attention to football."

I got a Cassel jersey last year in September, and hadn't worn it since then. So the other day, I figured what the hell, he had a pretty good game, I won't feel like a total loser wearing it right now. So I wore it a couple days ago.

Plus I've been wearing my Berry jersey and Dorsey jersey all the time lately, so I needed to change it up.

luv
09-29-2010, 10:43 PM
google is our friend...:)

that said, I have an auto'd Jared Allen jersey..:cuss:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

I will never give up my JA jersey. It's not autographed, but it's the first jersey I ever bought. It's a replica, but still...

synthesis2
09-29-2010, 10:54 PM
I guess you can look at it both ways. Hey I'm proud of my family and name, so why wouldn't I want that on my back vs. a players that usually could give a S@#@ about our city.

But I never ever received bad/negative comments about the jersey, just people thinking it was a good idea and where I got it. Saves a lot of money two considering I don't have to buy a new one every year and it looks practically new.

KCrockaholic
09-29-2010, 11:01 PM
I guess you can look at it both ways. Hey I'm proud of my family and name, so why wouldn't I want that on my back vs. a players that usually couldn't give a S@#@ about our city.

But I never ever received bad/negative comments about the jersey, just people thinking it was a good idea and where I got it. Saves a lot of money two considering I don't have to buy a new one every year and it looks practically new.

God damn.

Chiefs Rool
09-29-2010, 11:15 PM
that's why I bought an authentic DT jersey...can't top that!

DT jersey's last forever! :clap:

BossChief
09-29-2010, 11:59 PM

You know what would be funny?

If we had a poll to see who the biggest true fan was on the board and pulled together to buy a #7 jersey with "TrueFan" on the back.

CrazyPhuD
09-30-2010, 01:35 AM
WTF are you trying to make fun of my Sippio jersey?

Huffman83
09-30-2010, 05:03 AM
When I was 12 I had a Steve Bono Jersey....YEAH! I have no idea what happened to it though.

The only time I've bought any jersey as an adult has been on the clearance rack at MC Sports or whatever. I've managed to get a Holmes Jersey and a Hali jersey for 30 bucks each. I've found they would just be cool to have years down the road.

Right now I imagine Croyle and Larry Johnson Jerseys are probably pretty cheap! The Croyle one in 15 years would equal having a Mark Vlasic jersey now. It's just funny.

09-30-2010, 05:23 AM
#37Exactly

unlurking
09-30-2010, 05:32 AM
I've got to agree with most of the negative comments. You are not a member of the team.

That's like buying concert T-Shirts and embroidering your family name over the band name, or using a label maker to cover the author's name on books with your own.

Has your Ford Fiesta now become a Synthesis2 Fiesta? You know, since it's weird to drive a car with another man's name on it an' all.

Adept Havelock
09-30-2010, 05:43 AM
meh, what's the point in that? If you are worried bout a player leaving, get a Will Shields jersey or something, nothing wrong with supporting a Chiefs legend IMO.

Yep. Delaney, Taylor, Thomas, Holmes, Dawson, N. Smith and a few others are still hanging in the closet, trotted out on Fridays and Sundays.

Shogun
09-30-2010, 06:01 AM
When I was 12 I had a Steve Bono Jersey....YEAH! I have no idea what happened to it though.

The only time I've bought any jersey as an adult has been on the clearance rack at MC Sports or whatever. I've managed to get a Holmes Jersey and a Hali jersey for 30 bucks each. I've found they would just be cool to have years down the road.

Right now I imagine Croyle and Larry Johnson Jerseys are probably pretty cheap! The Croyle one in 15 years would equal having a Mark Vlasic jersey now. It's just funny.

I was at walmart the other evening and I saw a Chiefs clearance rack, Its full of LJ and Cassel Jerseys/Shirts. $10, take your pick.

Bill Lundberg
09-30-2010, 06:49 AM

Got a great story for you stevieray, a friend of mine who I go to the games with was talking about jerseys at the last game. He said his uncle played for the Chiefs in the early 80's as a practice squad guy who was cut. I can't even remember his name.

Anyway, he was going to get his uncles name and number on a custom jersey. His uncle told him if he was going to pay for a custom jersey to get #37 - Delaney. Said he was one of the best guys he'd ever known, much less played with.

You'll see an extra #37 in section 109 before too long.

Is there still a 37 forever get together? I'd like some info on it if so.

rad
09-30-2010, 06:51 AM
I don't understand the phobia of wearing "another man's name on the back of your shirt"..........like it means you have a crush on the dude for wearing his jersey? Help me out with this.

teedubya
09-30-2010, 06:56 AM
I never got to watch Joe Delaney play...and I've never seen footage of the guy. So, I wouldn't care for his jersey. It's a cool sentiment though for the fans older than 40 who remember him.

bevischief
09-30-2010, 06:58 AM
I am thinking about getting one that says "Nutthooks" on the back.

Saulbadguy
09-30-2010, 06:58 AM
I saw a Steve DeBerg jersey on Sunday that was in pristine condition. That was awesome.

AKCHIEF82
09-30-2010, 07:12 AM
I stopped buying jerseys after Gonzo abandoned ship.

Jerseys owned:
Montana
Bono
Gonzalez
Grbac
Rison
Allen, Marcus
Holmes

Now I just collect caps.:shake:

ElGringo
09-30-2010, 07:13 AM
#88, "58, and #31....three jerseys I own, even with one still playing and not for the Chiefs, and will wear at any time.

synthesis2
09-30-2010, 07:38 AM
I should have explained, its a authentic Kansas City Chiefs Jersey, I just had it personalized, its not a red jersey I bought from a guy on the street and I stenciled it on. Its a real Chiefs Jersey that supports our team. I just don't like having other guys names on my back, seems very odd.

Red Dawg
09-30-2010, 07:48 AM
I bought a Ryan Sims jersey...we all know how that turned out. So i bought a Jared Allen jersey. I thought I had it covered. I said #### it and got a Derrick Thomas jersey. I think I'm safe now. He's not gonna get cut or traded.

Todd Haley says nobody's job is safe. He could get traded.

Bwana
09-30-2010, 08:07 AM
This is why I buy knockoffs these day, rather than pay $200 a pop. When the player leaves or retires, I hang them to the wall of the man cave.

Edit: Unless it's an LJ jersey, in which case, you burn the POS to a crisp. :)

blaise
09-30-2010, 08:08 AM
I don't buy jerseys, but if I did it would be a retired player.

CHENZ A!
09-30-2010, 08:11 AM
I should have explained, its a authentic Kansas City Chiefs Jersey, I just had it personalized, its not a red jersey I bought from a guy on the street and I stenciled it on. Its a real Chiefs Jersey that supports our team. I just don't like having other guys names on my back, seems very odd.

That's very nice, but it is clear that you are in the minority.
Posted via Mobile Device

leviw
09-30-2010, 08:16 AM
I love my Derrick Alexander jersey. He retired as a Chief.

Plus, most people, even Chiefs fans, think it's my last name on the back ... either that or I was VERY hopeful KC would sign Danario Alexander.

Reerun_KC
09-30-2010, 08:25 AM
I still have a very worn Montana and Grbac jersey, along with a Neil smith game jersey...

Wear the Montana and Grbac Jerseys all the time...

Reerun_KC
09-30-2010, 08:26 AM
I buy the cheap ones on sale for like $3.00 in the offseason anymore.

FlaChief58
09-30-2010, 08:27 AM
The reason you buy players jerseys is because you are supporting the Chiefs and therefore the players on said team. You have never played on the Chiefs and therefore have not earned the right to wear a jersey with your name on the back.

I have collected a lot of jerseys over the years, some I still wear, some I don't, but I still own every one of them. I only have 2 I regret buying and they are packed away never to be seen again.

We all have different ways of supporting the Chiefs, so as long as your're wearing red on sunday, that's all that matters.

Marcellus
09-30-2010, 08:27 AM
I have a 12 year old #32 Allen Jersey. I think I will stick with it.

Bwana
09-30-2010, 08:32 AM
I still have a very worn Montana and Grbac jersey, along with a Neil smith game jersey...

Wear the Montana and Grbac Jerseys all the time...

Hey, the Smith jersey is back in style again. You just need to get yourself a Mr. T starter chain and a set of these to go with it and you're ready for game day!! :rockon:

http://www.deepjiveinterests.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/andrew%20barons%20big%20brass%20ones.jpg

MikeMaslowski
09-30-2010, 08:48 AM
I have a Maslowski jersey and "Chiefs fans" ask me who that is all the time. I don't talk to them after that.

loochy
09-30-2010, 08:57 AM
God damn.

This.

KCrockaholic
09-30-2010, 04:58 PM
This.

Agreed. It's one of my biggest peeves. I'm not a picky guy, but that stuff drives me crazy!

Get it right people!

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 05:00 PM
For the most part, it doesn't matter.

Except when you see an "avid" Green Bay fan still wearing their Favre jersey around like it's 2005.

|Zach|
09-30-2010, 05:03 PM
I guess you can look at it both ways. Hey I'm proud of my family and name, so why wouldn't I want that on my back vs. a players that usually could give a S@#@ about our city.

Someone isn't going to come up to you in person and give you negative feedback about you having your own name on your jersey.

JD10367
09-30-2010, 05:04 PM
I think it's ****in weird that you started a random thread about this.

This. 59 posts in 5 and a half years, and this is the thread you came up with? LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 07:15 PM
I have a personalized jersey with my high school #, my trouble is I won't wear it bc its fucking Matt Cassel's number. And you all know my feelings on that POS.

You tell 'em, Uncle Rico.

Saleenman607
09-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Nothing like wearing a home #63 jersey with his nickname "CONTACT" to Oakland's black hole. Especially after a win, faid fans HATE that shit. Course.....I gotta be surrounded by the homies all the way back to the vehicle.

JoeyChuckles
09-30-2010, 07:53 PM

1) I disagree with the idea of putting your own name on a jersey because it makes you a super-dork, for the following reasons...
A) you are not on the team and it makes it look like you are a 6 year old kid that thinks you are going to grow up to play football.
B) you look like one of those girls that puts her name on her license plate so that everyone knows she is "Mitzy".

2) I agree with the fact that people are wearing their jerseys way too long. Just go to a Royals game and see how many MacDougal and Affeldt jersey shirts you spot. It is pitiful. Once a player leaves the team, unless he was a HOF'er, get rid of the jersey.

johnny961
09-30-2010, 07:54 PM
I never got to watch Joe Delaney play...and I've never seen footage of the guy. So, I wouldn't care for his jersey. It's a cool sentiment though for the fans older than 40 who remember him.

A Delaney #37 jersey would have that cool factor for me. I was only like 11 or 12 when I went to my first game. And, if memory serves me correctly, Delaney returned a KO for a TD that day. That would be kinda neat.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 08:34 PM

I saw some dude in a 'SPEEDKILLZ'-jersey at MNF.

Psyko Tek
09-30-2010, 08:40 PM
my ex found one hell of deal on KCcheifs.com 4 years ago
custom jersey $100

so she ordered a large with my name and high school number on it

it was a kids xl
well both my boys have worn it and I still have it

Fish
09-30-2010, 08:45 PM

Those people feel sorry for your dorky ass....

-King-
09-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Having a jersey with your name on the back is pretty childish IMO.

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Having a jersey with your name on the back is pretty childish IMO.

Not if you're sly enough to trick hos into thinkin you play for the Chiefs. 3-0 this year baby.