PDA

View Full Version : Football Gottleib ripped by Jim Mora....

MikeMaslowski
09-30-2010, 09:57 AM
HAHAHAHAHA....

Did anyone hear the Mora interview with Gottleib(filling in for Cowherd on ESPN radio)? I've never really liked Got as a radio host and Mora was a complete dick to him, he was verbally shaken and he took the "high road", but it was still funny.

Somebody find the clip?? Sure it will hit later.

Have a beer on me.

Maz :thumb:

blaise
09-30-2010, 10:01 AM
I don't have that, but I think this is a funny Doug Gottleib story. I mostly like the "JOHNS MOM" entry. It cracks me up.

http://deadspin.com/sports/doug-gottlieb/doug-gottlieb-does-not-like-your-taunts-330803.php

Saulbadguy
09-30-2010, 10:04 AM
I like Doug G. Always been a fan.

siberian khatru
09-30-2010, 10:08 AM
What was Mora ripping him for?

Pants
09-30-2010, 10:09 AM
I like Doug G. Always been a fan.

Yeah, he keeps it real. I'm surprised he gets away with the shit he says sometimes. I wish we had more analysts like him.

L.A. Chieffan
09-30-2010, 10:10 AM
He was asked about Michael Vicks resurgence and basically if Vick was as focused now as he was in ATL, would Mora still be the coach. Kind of dumb

MikeMaslowski
09-30-2010, 10:10 AM
What was Mora ripping him for?

The questions he was asking. About Vick, Atlanta, how fans should "feel" about McNabb coming back. Mora called Got a "Real Joy" at the abrupt end of the interview. Gottleib is still defending himself.... this is hilarious!!

ForeverChiefs58
09-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Here ya go
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/akKjLWG0KG4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/akKjLWG0KG4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Hootie
09-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Wow man...

Dude Mora was a dick for NO FUCKING REASON whatsoever...

Gottlieb did NOTHING wrong...asked NO WRONG questions...

Mora was a shitty ass coach and apparently a shitty ass person...Gottlieb really did take the high road at the end...

Hootie
09-30-2010, 10:41 AM
He was asked about Michael Vicks resurgence and basically if Vick was as focused now as he was in ATL, would Mora still be the coach. Kind of dumb

how was that dumb?

Those were all reasonable questions.

jwazzie
09-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Saw him play in the USBL for the Oklahoma Storm. He was playing in Dodge City and he was all by himself for a layup and threw up an air ball. That is right, not just missed it, but air balled it. When he came down the court for defense he started "limping" and sat out the rest of the game. "We want Limp Doug" was chanted in the crowd and he decided that the middle finger would do his talking. I like the guy as a broadcaster, but as a player, man he was terrible.

L.A. Chieffan
09-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Well for one, Vick wasnt the reason Mora got fired in Atl. Mora couldve handled that better especially considering hes trying to make it as a broadcaster now

blaise
09-30-2010, 11:12 AM
There's a guy I listen to in Houston that used to work in New Orleans when Mora was there. I've heard him say a few times that Mora treated people like a total dick.

Saulbadguy
09-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Doug didn't seem too shaken like you described. I listen to him every day on the way home and he sounded like he always does.

Hootie
09-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Doug didn't seem too shaken like you described. I listen to him every day on the way home and he sounded like he always does.

yeah I was expecting something far different

Demonpenz
09-30-2010, 11:50 AM
When doug talks about College basketball. I listen.

siberian khatru
09-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Wow man...

Dude Mora was a dick for NO ****ING REASON whatsoever...

Gottlieb did NOTHING wrong...asked NO WRONG questions...

Mora was a shitty ass coach and apparently a shitty ass person...Gottlieb really did take the high road at the end...

Agreed.

I don't know if Mora in his mind thought Gottlieb was blaming him for Vick not reaching his potential in Atlanta (he wasn't), or if he just acts like a raging penis on principle.

Radar Chief
09-30-2010, 12:27 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Playoffs?! Don’t talk about….Playoffs?! Are you kidding me?

Hootie
09-30-2010, 12:30 PM
wrong Mora

Radar Chief
09-30-2010, 12:38 PM
wrong Mora

I know. Still part of my favorite Coors Light commercial.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jdUr5hF0yGc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jdUr5hF0yGc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hug it Out Dan
09-30-2010, 12:42 PM
He did ask a VERY stupid question (or 2).

How should Eagles fans treat McNabb when he comes back?
1. Who gives a shit - Everyone in Amerca, sick and tired of hearing about McNabb coming back and playing at Philly.
2. Why would Jim Mora care, he didn't coach McNabb nor was he ever a coach or a part of the Eagles organization
3. Why would Jim Mora (Jr) speak on the behalf of the fans of Philly. He said exactly what he should have said. It was a dumb question. If Philly feels like cheering him then they will, if they feel like booing him then they will (which they boo everyone up there - everyone knows this, Eagles fans are retarded).

It would be like asking Denny Green what he thinks KC fans should do to Bernard Pollard when they play Houston (lets say the game was played in KC)? Why the **** would he care?

Do you think if he was as focused in ATL as he is now do you think you would still have a job?
First of all, this is kinda a dick question. NFL coaches spend endless nights, lose spending time w/ family and dedicate almost all the time and emotions into this game, many coaches develop personal relationships w/ a lot of players along the way. When Mora coached Vick, he was young, immature and stupid. It's a sad truth but the reality is QB play is the focal point of the organization and a lot of times can reflect whether or not that HC should still have a job. Most of the longest tenured coaches in the NFL (minus Fisher and a couple others, but he had McNair for a #of years) have steady QB play, and how the QB performs can determine what direction the GM thinks the team needs to go in. Vick was a probowler under Mora IIRC, and led that team to the NFC champ game so it's not like Vick was terrible. There were a # of reasons I'm sure as to why Mora was fired. Doug G is basing all of this off of Vick stating that he was lazy, and that's indirectly slamming the HC for allowing that to happen, you don't ask those types of questions DIRECTLY at the HC during a nationally broadcasted interview.

He's (Vick) older now and a lot more mature now, and not to mention is glad to even be back into the NFL and knows he can't **** up again. Hopefully he was scared straight while in prison and will come out of this a better person. Sometimes people need a kick in the ass or a life changing moment to change. I still think he's a POS for what he did regardless but that's another story.

Bottom line, Doug G got what he deserved. I'm tired of all of ESPN's bullshit anyways. Some of these retards on TV need to be treated that way every once in a while to kinda put them in their place. Most of them haven't played the respected sport in which they are covering and have no god damn idea what goes on inside behind closed doors.

DJ's left nut
09-30-2010, 01:13 PM
I didn't think the first line of questioning was bad, but I also didn't think Mora's answer was out of line.

I think the McNabb question was really really stupid. Mora could've handled it better, but he's right, the question was assinine. How should a fanbase you have no insight to feel about a quarterback you never coached on a team you never coached for who now plays for a different team you never coached for?

The guy's not a psychologist, he's a football coach. If it's Andy Reid, it's an okay question as he has a particular insight into that fanbase. But when you're asking Jim Mora Jr. that, well it's just stupid and an attempt to wedge ESPN's 'story of the week' into any ol' interview that comes along. Mora was right to call Gottleib out for that.

Mora comes off as a prick, but Gottleib comes off as an amateur, IMO. And for that snarky little fuck to get a bit of his own medicine...well I'm okay with that, too.

MikeMaslowski
09-30-2010, 01:28 PM

You had to keep listening after that part. I am a radio announcer and tend to pick apart peoples deliveries. He was verbally out of sorts for the next couple of minutes, IMO.

Still, Mora was a dick, and I would be a bit shaken as well.

Hootie
09-30-2010, 01:38 PM
I don't know...

He was asking about a hot topic this week...to a guy who has coached in the NFL...

why is him asking what everyone else is asking anyone who cares out of line?

Tony Reali asked the same question on ATH yesterday and everyone offered their opinions...Gottlieb was just asking a simple question...

if he asked me...

I would have said "hell yeah they should cheer Donovan McNabb...he gave them 11 great years and has been a top 5 QB in the NFL over that period of time!"

DJ's left nut
09-30-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't know...

He was asking about a hot topic this week...to a guy who has coached in the NFL...

Tony Reali asked the same question on ATH yesterday and everyone offered their opinions...Gottlieb was just asking a simple question...

if he asked me...

I would have said "hell yeah they should cheer Donovan McNabb...he gave them 11 great years and has been a top 5 QB in the NFL over that period of time!"

Again - he was shoehorning ESPN's narrative into an interview with a party that doesn't give a shit.

It's a hot topic because ESPN made it one. If KC played this week, I'd be a hell of a lot more interested in how they match up to that game. Folks in Atlanta are far more interested in their matchup than they are the Eagles and McNabb.

It's a national issue because ESPN is pimping it as one, but in reality, most people outside of Philly don't really care that much. It's ESPN trying to create another story.

It's standard ESPN fare and I'm glad Mora called them on it.

MikeMaslowski
09-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know if they get paid for those phone interviews?

Hootie
09-30-2010, 01:47 PM
you're telling me Vick/McNabb (in his return to Philly) shouldn't be a national topic?

Really?

Really?

I, for one, am very excited for that game...

Vick's resurgence and McNabb's return?

Yeah...ESPN created that one! Whatever man...

suds79
09-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Obviously Mora was heated but I think the comment about "Had he bought in (in regards to vick) when you were there... yada, yada, yada." I think Gottleib got what he was aiming for.

He had to know some fire was coming his way.

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Gottlieb knew his questions were dickish. Mora just responded how he felt. I got the sense that Gottlieb was putting the blame on Mora for Vick "not performing" in Atlanta when the reality is he did well.

Gottlieb probably pissed him off with this line, and I have to think I'd be a little pissed too in Mora's situation. Talking about how if he had got Vick to buy into his spiel better, "you might still be the coach of the Falcons".

Gottlieb's no saint himself. The guy's an ass.

Mile High Mania
09-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Gottlieb knew his questions were dickish. Mora just responded how he felt. I got the sense that Gottlieb was putting the blame on Mora for Vick "not performing" in Atlanta when the reality is he did well.

Gottlieb probably pissed him off with this line, and I have to think I'd be a little pissed too in Mora's situation. Talking about how if he had got Vick to buy into his spiel better, "you might still be the coach of the Falcons".

Gottlieb's no saint himself. The guy's an ass.

He's just looking for his Jim Rome moment to make him famous...

Hug it Out Dan
09-30-2010, 02:36 PM
I don't know...

if he asked me...

Maybe DG should have asked Dave Wannstedt(sp?) what he thought about McNabb being boo'd from Philly fans because he's coached in the NFL too.

Hays
09-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Jim Mora = Prick

Doug G was doing his job, Mora has 0 personality.

rtmike
09-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Mora still has a chip on his shoulder from his abrupt firing in Seattle & how it all transpired. imo

Hug it Out Dan
09-30-2010, 02:54 PM
you're telling me Vick/McNabb (in his return to Philly) shouldn't be a national topic?

Really?

Really?

I, for one, am very excited for that game...

Vick's resurgence and McNabb's return?

Yeah...ESPN created that one! Whatever man...

Yeah it's a national topic in the pro football world. I agree w/ that. But this is a blown up story created and fed from ESPN and the moment the Sun night football game was over, this story was on NFL Primetime/Blitz whatever.

It's mentioned on every single god damn program on ESPN from 6am to 10pm, I mean COME THE FUCK ON, after all the slobbering this network does on MNF, you get EXTREMELY tired of hearing about it by Tues morning. It's like "Yeah, McNabb is going back to Philly, we all get it - he used to play there. The game is god damn 6 days away on next Sunday".

I'll be one of many to say that 90%+ people in the US could give 2 shits about the way McNabb is treated when he comes back to Philly. People in Philly/Atlanta (and maybe DC) are the only ones that might care about this. Just more Eastcoast Sports Programming Network bullshit.

googlegoogle
09-30-2010, 03:34 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/30/jim-mora-doug-gottlieb_n_745458.html

Saul Good
09-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Maybe DG should have asked Dave Wannstedt(sp?) what he thought about McNabb being boo'd from Philly fans because he's coached in the NFL too.

Mora was on the program promoting himself as an NFL commentator. Why wouldn't you ask an NFL commentator, who is doing an interview with ESPN, his opinion on the biggest story in the NFL this week, especially when said commentator used to coach one of the QBs involved in the story?

CHENZ A!
09-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Gottleib should've blasted his ass for being such an asshole. Mora was acting very unprofessional. They might not have been the best questions, but were in no way offensive. Mora should've been prepared to answer questions about hot topics in the NFL.

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Gottleib should've blasted his ass for being such an asshole. Mora was acting very unprofessional. They might not have been the best questions, but were in no way offensive. Mora should've been prepared to answer questions about hot topics in the NFL.

C'mon it was a bit offense to Mora. -- If he had bought in playing on a faster surface -- (aka if you had done a better job with him) -- "You might still be the coach for the Falcons"..

Not saying Mora acted right either but Gott had his fair share of the douchiness. The rest of it just follows cause Mora was a bit pissed.

He basically insulted him by saying.. You didn't get out of your players what you could have, and if you had done a better job you would have never lost it. Right or wrong, not a thing you say if you aren't wanting a reaction like that.

Al Bundy
09-30-2010, 08:23 PM
I enjoy Gottlieb's spot with Petro, but that is it. Dude was a shitty player and other than college basketball I don't care what he has to say.

CHENZ A!
09-30-2010, 08:28 PM
C'mon it was a bit offense to Mora. -- If he had bought in playing on a faster surface -- (aka if you had done a better job with him) -- "You might still be the coach for the Falcons"..

Not saying Mora acted right either but Gott had his fair share of the douchiness. The rest of it just follows cause Mora was a bit pissed.

He basically insulted him by saying.. You didn't get out of your players what you could have, and if you had done a better job you would have never lost it. Right or wrong, not a thing you say if you aren't wanting a reaction like that.

Well, all I can give you is my opinion as a completely unbiased observer.

To me it seemed like Gottleib was placing the blame on Vick, not Mora. Now if Mora would've defended his former player I could have completely understood that.

But still, you don't just flip out on somebody when it's a live interview. If he says something you don't like, just sidestep the question and move on instead of trying to be a smartass to the guy and ending up sounding like a fool.

Al Bundy
09-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Ohh and Jim Mora Jr was a total dick and unprofessional but I expect it from a former Falcon... or anyone associated with that shithole of a franchise.

BWillie
09-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Doug G. is as good as it gets in the broadcasting world. Tells it how it is and has strong support for his arguments. When petro has him on 810, he makes soren look retarded sometimes

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 08:53 PM
But still, you don't just flip out on somebody when it's a live interview. If he says something you don't like, just sidestep the question and move on instead of trying to be a smartass to the guy and ending up sounding like a fool.

I agree. Just sayin why he was probly upset.

Al Bundy
09-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Doug G. is as good as it gets in the broadcasting world.

When it comes to college basketball yes, but other sports.. no.

Dave Lane
09-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Mora is a first class a-hole. Usually before you go on a radio or TV show you and the host talk about what you are going to cover in the interview. Maybe this was just out of left field or something but totally legit questions he could have joked I'd have 6 SB rings or something and then said who knows Vick was good when I was there and if he'd been better the sky would have been the limit.

Hug it Out Dan
09-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Mora was on the program promoting himself as an NFL commentator. Why wouldn't you ask an NFL commentator, who is doing an interview with ESPN, his opinion on the biggest story in the NFL this week, especially when said commentator used to coach one of the QBs involved in the story?

From the video posted on here I'm not sure most people would have known that Mora was on the program "promoting" anything.

It was indirectly an insult towards Mora and his coaching staff. It's the coaching staff's responsibility to make sure Vick was prepared enough for games. Bringing up that he was lazy and that had it been different Mora may still be the coach is an insult to Mora and anyone on that staff that was responsible for coaching Vick.

You just don't ask shit like that. That would be like saying "Hey had you been better in bed do you think you'd still be w/ your now ex wife?" (that's a lil extreme I know but it's the same form of question) Either way It's just one of those "he didn't think before he spoke" moments, and it pissed him off. He didn't take it into account that coaching was his career, his life.

You don't see anyone on NFL Live telling Herm "Boy wouldn't you have loved to be on the sidelines on Monday Night? I mean YOU drafted those players". That'd be a dick thing to say. It'd be one thing if he retired, quit, but he was fired.

Dave Lane
09-30-2010, 09:27 PM
There are no excuses for Mora. He was a dick plain and simple. He could have avoided answering.

Blick
09-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Mora was definitely a dick. He's trying to get into broadcasting. When you're trying to do that, you don't be a dick unless someone DIRECTLY insults you. Gott didn't directly say anything to get him to pop off, so he should have let it slide. When you're an NFL broadcaster, I'm sure you get topics all the time that you don't give a shit about, but you sack up and be a professional and give your take anyway. The questions weren't that hard.

Hug it Out Dan
09-30-2010, 09:33 PM
There are no excuses for Mora. He was a dick plain and simple. He could have avoided answering.

he could have gone about it another way.

however not answering the question would have provoked another dumbass follow up question.

Extra Point
09-30-2010, 10:09 PM
The nut doesn't fall far from the tree. Jim Mora is a dipshit.

Sure-Oz
09-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Mora jr, i forgot he existed

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Mora jr, i forgot he existed

and then he was gone