PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Next 4 games

Coach
09-30-2010, 01:03 PM
@ Indianapolis Colts - Sun, 10/10
@ Houston Texans - Sun, 10/17
Jacksonville Jaguars - Sun, 10/24
Buffalo Bills - Sun, 10/31

I figured that since we're in a bye, sitting at 3-0, I figured it wouldn't hurt to think about what is the possibility of how many wins the Chiefs can obtain within the next 4 games on the schedule.

Of the next 4 games on the schedule, how many wins do you think the Chiefs can obtain, and against who, and why?

Poll forthcoming.

-King-
09-30-2010, 01:06 PM
2 for sure. I know we'll lose to Houston...but I cant help but think there's a chance of an upset in Indy. Their run defense is beyond terrible and we are the #1 rushing team.

I'm going to go with 2 but Indy is a toss up.

-King-
09-30-2010, 01:06 PM
And poll fail. Should have made it public.

Coogs
09-30-2010, 01:07 PM
2 for sure. I know we'll lose to Houston...but I cant help but think there's a chance of an upset in Indy. Their run defense is beyond terrible and we are the #1 rushing team.

I'm going to go with 2 but Indy is a toss up.

Same line of thinking, but with the bye week and what appears to be very solid coaching this year, I think we get the Colts.

TimeForWasp
09-30-2010, 01:13 PM
I don't really understand why most people think the Texans are that good. I think they are beatable. I'm more worried about our own division. Division games seem to always be tight games, and seem to count more. I could see us being 5 and 0 and possibly lose to one of the lowly desperate teams.

Mile High Mania
09-30-2010, 01:18 PM
I don't really understand why most people think the Texans are that good. I think they are beatable. I'm more worried about our own division. Division games seem to always be tight games, and seem to count more. I could see us being 5 and 0 and possibly lose to one of the lowly desperate teams.

The kool-aid is strong with this one...

Goldmember
09-30-2010, 01:22 PM

hehehe

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2010, 01:27 PM
I say 2-2. Losing in Indy and Houston, but playing well.

Bearcat
09-30-2010, 01:29 PM
It's like some people are still living in week 1, even though Manning still threw for like 450 yards and 3 TDs. Yeah, the Texans are who they really need to worry about. The Colts? Eh...

LMAO

I'd be happy with 2 wins from that group... I don't have a lot of hope for the road games, but wouldn't be completely surprised if we won one of the road games and one of the home games. Winning 3 of the next 4 would be a big surprise.

ElGringo
09-30-2010, 01:30 PM
I say we split Indy and Houston, and win the other 2.

Reerun_KC
09-30-2010, 01:33 PM
I am going 3 wins and 1 loss..

Why is everyone so scared of Houston?

King_Chief_Fan
09-30-2010, 01:33 PM

nope, we don't lose to Denver

Molitoth
09-30-2010, 01:34 PM
I think we beat the Colts and then celebrate too hard and flop against the Texans.
Then we lose against Jacksonville (because there is always a game the chiefs SHOULD win on paper but don't).
Then win against Buffalo because they are so awful.

jbwm89
09-30-2010, 01:35 PM
I say 2-2. Losing in Indy and Houston, but playing well.

I agree I just don't see us being quote good enough to get a win AT houston or Indy. One of the games at least will be close though.

talastan
09-30-2010, 01:36 PM
I believe we'll win 2. Honestly Houston presents a bigger threat than Indy IMO. Indy doesn't have that great of a rushing game and they are weak against the run. This bodes much easier for us than the Houston game. Houston has a very balanced rushing and passing attack. And their front seven is very talented. We have a better chance at upset in Indy but I don't know if we'll pull it off. So I'll stick with my two wins over Jax and Buffalo.

Reerun_KC
09-30-2010, 01:38 PM
I believe we'll win 2. Honestly Houston presents a bigger threat than Indy IMO. Indy doesn't have that great of a rushing game and they are weak against the run. This bodes much easier for us than the Houston game. Houston has a very balanced rushing and passing attack. And their front seven is very talented. We have a better chance at upset in Indy but I don't know if we'll pull it off. So I'll stick with my two wins over Jax and Buffalo.

Houston just got absolutely trounced by Dallas last weekend.

redngold85
09-30-2010, 01:39 PM
I went with 2 wins...I'm thinking they'll get a win at Houston but will lay an egg against either Jax or Buffalo, not sure which one though...I'll say Buffalo for now

Chief Chief
09-30-2010, 01:40 PM
KC will go 4-0 because our opps haven't figure out what style we'll be bringing and how to counter-act it: Will the Chiefs "O" do multiple 3-and-outs and play it close to the vest, or will they be balls to the wall?

After that short stretch, KC will go 8-1 -- their only loss being to the Titans at home on December 26 due to it being a trap game combined with our players losing a bit of their edge/focus due to the Kwanzah/Hanakkuh/Christmas holiday period.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-30-2010, 02:17 PM
I think if we are as good as the media is saying then we'll go 3-1 winning at either Indy or Houston but not both and we'll win the two gimmes at Arrowhead.

If we're a pretender then we'll go 1-3.

The fact is that coaching has been a huge part of our success and our coaches can game plan . We have talent and speed. We're healthy. Cassel is our ONLY question mark right now. Will he get carried away throwing int's ? I don't think Haley will allow that to happen.

Hootie
09-30-2010, 02:20 PM
if we upset Indy...it would be because of the pass, not the run. They'll contain our run enough...

I mean...people keep forgetting...we're great at getting to 3rd and short via the running game...but we can't convert them to save our lives...

our best shot at beating Indy would be to convert 50% of our 3rd downs...

and will that happen?

hell no

Indy 28
KC 13

Bwana
09-30-2010, 02:21 PM

Stinger
09-30-2010, 02:23 PM
For some reason I believe we will go 2-2, but we will steal a game between the Colts and Texans then drop one at home between the Jags or Bills. But WTF do I know I predicted a 6-10 season this year.

I am just enjoying the ride so far .......

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-30-2010, 02:25 PM
We could still go 6-10

Not Really. McDaniels coaches the Broncos.

kinda.

Mr. Laz
09-30-2010, 02:25 PM
1 or 2

loss @colts
loss @texans
might beat jacksonville
should beat Buffalo

i expect us to go into the Buffalo game 3-3 .. but hell, with 2 weeks to prepare for the Colts game maybe we pull a Chargers type game out of our butts. :)

LOCOChief
09-30-2010, 02:29 PM
We win 3

Frazod
09-30-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm going to be mindlessly foolishly optimistic and say that we steal one from either Indy or Houston. So I vote 3. What the hell.

Jerm
09-30-2010, 02:32 PM
3-1...we'll get either the Indy or Houston game and we are NOT losing at home to Buffalo or Jax, it ain't happening.

pr_capone
09-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Realistic: 2-2
Optimistic: 3-1

Frazod
09-30-2010, 02:35 PM
I remember the last time Maurice Bitch-Name played against us, doing his little ATM dance against the goal post. I hope Smith rips his nuts off and throws them into the club level.

pr_capone
09-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Realistic: 2-2
Optimistic: 3-1

Bane
09-30-2010, 02:37 PM

6-0 and FAIL much?
How's that drooling fool of HC of yours doing lately?

ChiefsCountry
09-30-2010, 02:44 PM
1 or 2
loss @colts
loss @texans
might beat jacksonville
should beat Buffalo
i expect us to go into the Buffalo game 3-3 .. but hell, with 2 weeks to prepare for the Colts game maybe we pull a Chargers type game out of our butts. :)

This.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
09-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Houston just got absolutely trounced by Dallas last weekend.
Yeah well Houston absolutely RAPED Indy in week 1

if we upset Indy...it would be because of the pass, not the run. They'll contain our run enough...

I mean...people keep forgetting...we're great at getting to 3rd and short via the running game...but we can't convert them to save our lives...

and will that happen?

hell no

Indy 28
KC 13

They'll contain the run? They're 28th in the league in rush defense. They allow 150 yards per game.

I don't know what world you're living on, but the whole game isn't played during 3rd and short.

And seeing as how we have the best rushing duo in the league and seeing as how Indy has one of the worst rush defenses in the league...I think we'll manage to win this one running.

Hootie
09-30-2010, 02:50 PM
you're in for a troubling afternoon my man

Indy wins 12-14 games every year...

they are at home

we are not going to win this game

period.

CHENZ A!
09-30-2010, 02:53 PM
For some reason I believe we will go 2-2, but we will steal a game between the Colts and Texans then drop one at home between the Jags or Bills. But WTF do I know I predicted a 6-10 season this year.

I am just enjoying the ride so far .......

My thoughts EXACTLY.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
09-30-2010, 02:55 PM
you're in for a troubling afternoon my man

Indy wins 12-14 games every year...

they are at home

we are not going to win this game

period.

I didn't say that they would lose. But they have a chance to lose if they don't fix their run D.

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 02:59 PM
We'll lose to the Colts. We have a good chance to upset the Texans. We'll beat the Jags and the Bills.

I voted two but there is a possibility that we could come out with 3 wins.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-30-2010, 03:00 PM
I think we'll be 5-2 with the division lead still in our hands. Even after we lose the next two (if we lose the next two) and are at 3-2 we'll still be in first place.

Bearcat
09-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah well Houston absolutely RAPED Indy in week 1

They'll contain the run? They're 28th in the league in rush defense. They allow 150 yards per game.

I don't know what world you're living on, but the whole game isn't played during 3rd and short.

And seeing as how we have the best rushing duo in the league and seeing as how Indy has one of the worst rush defenses in the league...I think we'll manage to win this one running.

The Colts lost by 10... Arian Foster had his way with them, but that's it. Schaub wasn't great (didn't have to be, obviously), a couple of sacks.. :shrug: Manning still threw for 450 yards and 3 TDs. The Colts got off to a slow start (down 13-0).

Since then, they've given up 120 yards to the NYG and 47 to the Broncos. Even if they can't stop TJ and JC, Manning has already thrown for 1000 yards and 9 TDs (exactly 3/game).. if they get up by a couple of scores at home, it's going to be really, really hard to play catch up on the road against them.... and so far this year, if anything, Cassel has been a 2nd half QB.

Herm's team should have beaten them with Croyle a few years ago in Indy, so I wouldn't be that surprised if this Chiefs team could beat them, but I really don't think it's a toss up game like some are saying.

Chiefs Rool
09-30-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm gonna say 2 games, 3 would be great. But I don't know if we can beat the Colts, even with our brand new D. But houston is winnable, I'd say 50/50 on that. And we better damn well beat the Bills and Jags.

ModSocks
09-30-2010, 03:13 PM

This. Indy's run D isn't as bad as people and the stats make it out to be. They had a terrible week 1 and have rebounded in weeks 2 and 3.

-King-
09-30-2010, 03:16 PM
The Colts lost by 10... Arian Foster had his way with them, but that's it. Schaub wasn't great (didn't have to be, obviously), a couple of sacks.. :shrug: Manning still threw for 450 yards and 3 TDs. The Colts got off to a slow start (down 13-0). Yeah? Jamaal Charles > Arian Foster. Thomas Jones > Arian Foster.

And our pass defense is better than Houstons. They are dead last in the league in pass defense. I think we'll fair a big better than Houston.

Since then, they've given up 120 yards to the NYG and 47 to the Broncos. Even if they can't stop TJ and JC, Manning has already thrown for 1000 yards and 9 TDs (exactly 3/game).. if they get up by a couple of scores at home, it's going to be really, really hard to play catch up on the road against them.... and so far this year, if anything, Cassel has been a 2nd half QB. Think about it. Denver should be thrown out because none of their RBs are worth 2 shits. But Arian Foster ran for 240 on them. Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs ran for 120. What do you think Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones can do?

-King-
09-30-2010, 03:17 PM
This. Indy's run D isn't as bad as people and the stats make it out to be. They had a terrible week 1 and have rebounded in weeks 2 and 3.

Ahmad Bradshaw averaged 5.2 against them. Ahmad fucking Bradshaw.

And the Broncos shouldn't be in this conversation. They couldn't run their way out of a wet paper bag.

Bane
09-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Ahmad Bradshaw averaged 5.2 against them. Ahmad ****ing Bradshaw.

And the Broncos shouldn't be in this conversation. They couldn't their way out of a wet paper bag.

Yep.:clap:

ModSocks
09-30-2010, 03:28 PM

And the Broncos shouldn't be in this conversation. They couldn't run their way out of a wet paper bag.

The Broncos are an elite passing team that doesn't need the run./knowmo.

I hope you're right. I have that "upset feeling" but looking at it objectively, we may be outgunned here.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-30-2010, 03:36 PM
I love this team so far, but I keep expecting a collapse. I voted one

Radar Chief
09-30-2010, 03:40 PM
1 or 2

loss @colts
loss @texans
might beat jacksonville
should beat Buffalo

^Yup.
When was the last time the Chiefs beat Indy or Jacksonville?

Bearcat
09-30-2010, 03:42 PM

Eh, Bradshaw had 5.9 last week on 2 fewer carries against the Titans, and they're in the middle of the pack in rush defense.

True. I know what you're getting at, my main concern is having to throw the run game out the window if they get off to a slow start.

As far as the Chiefs' pass defense, I wish them luck. It might be better than Houston's, but Manning & his receivers indoors at home is a little different than Rivers in the rain, Seneca Wallace, or Alex Smith.

KCrockaholic
09-30-2010, 04:13 PM
^Yup.
When was the last time the Chiefs beat Indy or Jacksonville?

We beat Indy in 2004 I believe.
The last time we played them we lost 13-10 though in the RCA dome.

I can only hope the score is that close.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2010, 04:21 PM
We beat Indy in 2004 I believe.
The last time we played them we lost 13-10 though in the RCA dome.

I can only hope the score is that close.

Halloween, 2004 at Arrowhead.

Micjones
09-30-2010, 04:22 PM
I feel very confident that we'll go 2-2 over that stretch.
The real question though is...which two teams will we beat?

We need to win against either Indianapolis or Houston to prove that we're REALLY turning the corner. Beating up on the Jags and Bills won't tell us much. Neither of those two teams are any good.

I personally would like to see us win at Indy, drop the Houston game, drop the Jags game then collect the 2nd win against the Bills.

38yrsfan
09-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Beat Jaguars and Bills and either Houston or Indy. 3-1

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Just thought I'd throw this in rather than start a thread and be accused of homerism but I got this from the official Chiefs website:

3-0 Playoff Odds

Many of you have asked for the statistics, so here they are.

Over the last five years, 21 of the 27 teams to start 3-0 or better have made the playoffs. That’s a playoff percentage of 77.8%. What’s interesting, however, is that five of the six teams that missed the playoffs did so in the past two seasons.

Since 2005, these are the teams that have missed the playoffs following a 3-0 start…

2009 Broncos (6-0 start; 8-8 record):loser:

2009 Giants (5-0 start; 9-7 record)

2008 Bills (4-0 start; 7-9 record)

2008 Broncos (3-0 start; 8-8 record):loser:

2008 Cowboys (3-0 start; 9-7 record)

2006 Bengals (3-0 start; 8-8 record)

So according to this the worst we should do is 7-9 which is above most of our expectations before the year started.

Contrarian
09-30-2010, 05:07 PM
The Texans haven't even seen a great running game yet. Indys sucks, Redskins sucks, and Dallas only ran the ball 11 times on them. Houston kicked their own ass in that game.
And I don't see them stopping our running attack.
The only threat we have at Indy is Peyton to Collie. Stop that, game over. It's not impossible.

Hootie
09-30-2010, 05:09 PM
haha...

it's funny how people like to underestimate Peyton Manning...

yeah...stop manning to collie and we win!

haha

-King-
09-30-2010, 05:11 PM
haha...

it's funny how people like to underestimate Peyton Manning...

yeah...stop manning to collie and we win!

haha

Dude, we get it. Manning is your hero and everything around him is golden.

|Zach|
09-30-2010, 05:11 PM
I would love to get one of the next two. I believe we can.

Lonewolf Ed
09-30-2010, 05:14 PM
I think we beat the Colts and then celebrate too hard and flop against the Texans.
Then we lose against Jacksonville (because there is always a game the chiefs SHOULD win on paper but don't).
Then win against Buffalo because they are so awful.

I would flip my guess and say the Bills come in and win, since they should lose big. I say the Chiefs beat Jacksonville since the game is not in Florida.

Bearcat
09-30-2010, 05:14 PM
The only threat we have at Indy is Peyton to Collie. Stop that, game over. It's not impossible.

This thread is getting weirder and weirder. :spock:

Priest31kc
09-30-2010, 05:15 PM
2 against Buffalo & Jacksonville. If our defense keeps playing the way they're playing, I just don't see any way we lose those games against 2 mediocre offenses and bad defenses.

I think we have a SHOT against Indy & Houston. For some reason, I just think we have a better shot @ Indy because we have 2 weeks to prepare & get rested, Crennel knows how to contain Manning, we can stop the run, they can't run, we're the best running team, they can't stop the run, and last week their pass defense was god awful. I know they play better D @ home, but IDK...I just think we have a better shot @ Indy than Houston. But I think we'll end up losing both.

Hootie
09-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Dude, we get it. Manning is your hero and everything around him is golden.

No, and I hate to go full drafturbator...but we're not going to beat the Colts @ Indianapolis.

It's a terrible, terrible matchup for us...

We're not going to consistently beat Peyton Manning...and Matt Cassel isn't going to keep us in some sort of a "shootout"...

Now we can make a debate about Houston...I see us losing both but I can at least see us pulling off an upset there...

but we're not going to beat Indy.

Hug it Out Dan
09-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Worst Case Scenario:
Indy - Lose
Houston - Lose
Jax - Win
Buffalo - Win

Best Case Scenario:
Indy - Lose
Houston - Win
Jax - Win
Buffalo - Win

Either way I don't see this team beating the Colts @ Indy. Maybe we'd have shot @ KC. But like what was previously said, Cassel won't be able to keep us in the game should it be a shootout. Now, could we learn from Houston's week1 win and run for 200yds and keep Manning off the field? I guess that COULD happen, but better judgement would have me believe that Indy won't allow that to happen again and given who we have at QB, they're going to try and make Cassel beat them while they have those rush ends who are extremely fast off the line on their field turf. We have a DC that has a good record against Manning, but we don't have the players he had in NE, that's for sure.

And I dont know what the Colt's reg season home record is in the past 7-8 years, but I bet it's something ridiculous. Not many teams beat them at their place in the reg season and to be honest I can't remember the last time that's happened (in a game that's mattered, ie: A lot of times the Colts wrap up their division w/ a few weeks left to play and they rest their players for the postseason etc)

LiL stumppy
09-30-2010, 05:18 PM
2-2, possible upset with Indy.

Jacksonville won't be a easy win, and Buffalo looked better against NE than the previous games...

LiL stumppy
09-30-2010, 05:20 PM
No, and I hate to go full drafturbator...but we're not going to beat the Colts @ Indianapolis.

It's a terrible, terrible matchup for us...

We're not going to consistently beat Peyton Manning...and Matt Cassel isn't going to keep us in some sort of a "shootout"...

Now we can make a debate about Houston...I see us losing both but I can at least see us pulling off an upset there...

but we're not going to beat Indy.

Wheres the logic here?

Indy run D = Awful

KC Run O = Very Good

Indy Pass D = Decent

KC Pass O = Awful

KC Pass D = Decent enough to make a few stops.
If we run the ball, and Cassel doesn't turn it over, our D gets a few stops. Will be a very close game.

Houston has a better D, and a offense that can score just as much as Indy.

Hootie
09-30-2010, 05:27 PM
I've watched KC the first three games...

Other than 1 long Charles run...and then garbage time yardage against San Fran when they had basically given up...

What has our running game done for us? Occasionally Charles will move the chains with a long run...TJ sets up in a lot of 3rd and shorts...

but until the gimmick plays against San Fran...we STILL weren't sustaining drives regardless of how well we were running the ball...

We are the worst 3rd down team in football (if I had to guess)...we can't figure out how to convert 3rd and short...

So yeah...lets say we get 4 yards, get 4 yards...what are we going to do on 3rd and 2?

Gain 8 yards...no gain...what are we going to do on 3rd and 2?

THE KEY TO US BEATING THE COLTS is SIMPLE...

Convert 3rd downs.

Can we do it?

Well we haven't done it yet so we'll see I guess...but that's the absolute key to the game...if we punt to them 8 times they are going to win...

Teams like Jacksonville have had success against the Colts in the past because they are great at keeping Peyton off the field...

Can Matt Cassel pick up the 3rd and shorts? If he can, we can pull out an upset...but I certainly doubt it happens.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-30-2010, 05:37 PM
The Texans haven't even seen a great running game yet. Indys sucks, Redskins sucks, and Dallas only ran the ball 11 times on them. Houston kicked their own ass in that game.

I really, really like the way you put it.

michaelj_58
09-30-2010, 05:39 PM
if they pull out a miracle at indy,anything is possible.

ModSocks
09-30-2010, 05:48 PM

The Texans haven't seen a great run game yet because teams don't want to run the ball on them. Their passing D is so fucking awful why bother running?

If we are going to pull off an upset, I think it's against the Colts, not the Texans. we Don't match up well with the Texans at all.

I could be wrong though, the Texans always seem to shoot themselves in the foot. They play down to their competition.

BWillie
09-30-2010, 06:00 PM
I think we have a 70% chance to go 2-2.

10% to go 3-1 or 1-3.

5% chance to go 0-4 or 4-0.

Simple really.

Hootie
09-30-2010, 06:24 PM
I think we have a 70% chance to go 2-2.

10% to go 3-1 or 1-3.

5% chance to go 0-4 or 4-0.

Simple really.

yeah I basically agree with these percentages

philfree
09-30-2010, 06:26 PM
I've watched KC the first three games...

Other than 1 long Charles run...and then garbage time yardage against San Fran when they had basically given up...

What has our running game done for us? Occasionally Charles will move the chains with a long run...TJ sets up in a lot of 3rd and shorts...

but until the gimmick plays against San Fran...we STILL weren't sustaining drives regardless of how well we were running the ball...

We are the worst 3rd down team in football (if I had to guess)...we can't figure out how to convert 3rd and short...

So yeah...lets say we get 4 yards, get 4 yards...what are we going to do on 3rd and 2?

Gain 8 yards...no gain...what are we going to do on 3rd and 2?

THE KEY TO US BEATING THE COLTS is SIMPLE...

Convert 3rd downs.

Can we do it?

Well we haven't done it yet so we'll see I guess...but that's the absolute key to the game...if we punt to them 8 times they are going to win...

Teams like Jacksonville have had success against the Colts in the past because they are great at keeping Peyton off the field...

Can Matt Cassel pick up the 3rd and shorts? If he can, we can pull out an upset...but I certainly doubt it happens.

We're tied at 22nd in the league on 3rd down% @ 32.5%. Atlanta is #1 at 51%. We were 50% against the 9ers.

PhilFree:arrow:

Hootie
09-30-2010, 06:28 PM
We're tied at 22nd in the league on 3rd down% @ 32.5%. Atlanta is #1 at 51%. We were 50% against the 9ers.

Ah. Thanks for the stat.

I'm amazed there are teams worse than us on 3rd down...I guess the San Fran game helped right that ship a bit...

philfree
09-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Ah. Thanks for the stat.

I'm amazed there are teams worse than us on 3rd down...I guess the San Fran game helped right that ship a bit...

We went 1-11 on 3rd downs agaisnt the Chargers, 5-15 against the Browns adnthen 7-14 against the 9ers. It's early in the season for stats to have full meaning IMO but we've improved every game.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Buffalo and Jacksonville are a mess. Their QB situationa are poor, neither have a particularly effective offense or defense. I'll be shocked if the Chiefs don't beat both squads, especially considering they are home games.

I think the Chiefs split with Indy/Houston. Crennel is 7-0 against Manning and they'll have two weeks to prepare. Carr & Flowers are playing lights out and the bye week will help out Lewis and Berry tremendously.

Chiefs go 3-1 out of the next four.

-King-
09-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Hmmm.. against the Patriots with Romeo Crennel, Manning has thrown 10 interceptions.

Lets go BFlo, BCarr, Berry, and Lewis!

ChiefsCountry
09-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Buffalo and Jacksonville are a mess. Their QB situationa are poor, neither have a particularly effective offense or defense. I'll be shocked if the Chiefs don't beat both squads, especially considering they are home games.

You would think but historically the Chiefs have struggled against Jacksonville. They have only beat the Jags twice.

johnny961
09-30-2010, 06:54 PM
I voted 2, but am hoping for 3.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2010, 06:58 PM
You would think but historically the Chiefs have struggled against Jacksonville. They have only beat the Jags twice.

Right, but I think this team has different strengths than Vermeil's team, so they should come out ahead.

Plus, Jacksonville is a mess. The two tackles they took last year (Monroe & Eben) are really struggling and I think Crennel takes advantage of them.

boogblaster
09-30-2010, 07:08 PM
I voted 2 but hoping for 3 ....

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Voted 2, but hoping for miracles.

FlaChief58
09-30-2010, 08:02 PM
I said 3 in the hopes we can steal a W against the colts or texans. Both teams have questionable defences so we should be able to run on both. The key will be getting pressure on their QB's and disrupting their passing games.

In Romeo I trust!

JoeyChuckles
09-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Voted for 1. Still pesimistic. Do you see what you people have done to me?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Voted for 1. Still pesimistic. Do you see what you people have done to me?

:shake:
Jeez, I'm like the guy that feeds the Horseman's horses their Brimstone Oates everyday, and even I voted for two wins...

Blue Ridge Blvd
09-30-2010, 09:55 PM
@ Indy - L
@ Houston - L
Jacksonville - W
Buffalo - L

Just a feeling this is a rough part of the schedule. Indy and Houston are going to be some brutal road games, bye week or not. And Buffalo's desperate ass finds a way to win.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2010, 09:58 PM
@ Indy - L
@ Houston - L
Jacksonville - W
Buffalo - L

Just a feeling this is a rough part of the schedule. Indy and Houston are going to be some brutal road games, bye week or not. And Buffalo's desperate ass finds a way to win.

Please explain how Buffalo is going to stop the run or run the ball or pass on our secondary.

If Buffalo isn't a sure-fire win, this team is a pretender.

Coach
09-30-2010, 10:03 PM

I think the Chiefs split with Indy/Houston. Crennel is 7-0 against Manning and they'll have two weeks to prepare. Carr & Flowers are playing lights out and the bye week will help out Lewis and Berry tremendously.

Chiefs go 3-1 out of the next four.

Not sure where you get 7-0 against Manning?

I count 5-2?

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Indy's OL is fairly weak, or has been thus far. They've also given up a crudload of rushing yards. I think they play right into our strengths. Only issue I have here is on the road.

Houston can burn us. Arian Foster has been great. Schaub and Co. are as beastly as ever, and their D is good against the run so far, although this could just be because their passing defense is atrocious. Cassel's going to have to make a few plays if we're going to win this one.

Jacksonville and Buffalo have looked pretty damn bad. Since both those are home games, shouldn't have a problem against either one.

I think if we can keep the penalties down, we got a reasonable shot at winning all 4.. although it's more likely we slip at some point in either the Texans or the Colts game. So I'll say we go 3-1 in the stretch.

Blue Ridge Blvd
09-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Please explain how Buffalo is going to stop the run or run the ball or pass on our secondary.

In this league, sometimes there is no explanation necessary. Like I said, it's just a feeling I have. Maybe the Chiefs are a pretender this year. Hasn't seemed like it yet but we'll see how they handle Indianapolis and Houston.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Not sure where you get 7-0 against Manning?

I count 5-2?

That was a stat provided by another poster and I didn't confirm.

My bad if untrue.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2010, 10:14 PM
In this league, sometimes there is no explanation necessary. Like I said, it's just a feeling I have. Maybe the Chiefs are a pretender this year. Hasn't seemed like it yet but we'll see how they handle Indianapolis and Houston.

So you're not basing it on any football reason, just a hunch?

Okay.

Sorry, I disagree. The Chiefs should be clicking on all cylinders by the time they face Buffalo and once again, I'd be shocked if Haley, Weis & Crennel lost to the Bills at home.

IMO, the Bills will compete for the number one overall pick and have a solid chance of going 0-16. I think they'll probably pull of a squeaker or two but they're among the worst teams in the league this year.

Losing to them could keep the Chiefs from competing in the playoffs.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Indy's OL is fairly weak, or has been thus far. They've also given up a crudload of rushing yards. I think they play right into our strengths. Only issue I have here is on the road.

Houston can burn us. Arian Foster has been great. Schaub and Co. are as beastly as ever, and their D is good against the run so far, although this could just be because their passing defense is atrocious. Cassel's going to have to make a few plays if we're going to win this one.

The Chiefs are among the league leaders in rushing defense and Foster has been stiffeld somewhat since his week one breakout (against, you guessed it, the Colts).

Schaub and company have been successful through the air but I like the way the Chiefs secondary matches up against the Texans receivers.

The Chiefs may not win in Texas but it should be a close game.

Blue Ridge Blvd
09-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Well, we'll have to disagree for now. Buffalo isn't as bad as you think. They'll get some wins this year, but KC should be a contender regardless of a slipup loss to a weaker team. I wasn't expecting playoffs but with a headstart at 3-0 anything is possible.

Coach
09-30-2010, 10:20 PM
That was a stat provided by another poster and I didn't confirm.

My bad if untrue.

Ah, no biggie. I just think of 5-2 from another poster on a different board. I too, didn't comfirm either, but I'm just going off what I been told.

http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/index.php/topic/5870-romeo-crennel-owns-payton-manning/

Romeo was the DC of the Patriots from 2001-2004.

2001 Regular Season : Win
20/34, 196 yards, 1 TD/3 INT, 3 Sacks

2003 Regular Season : Win 38-34
29/48, 278 yards, 4 TD/1 INT, 2 Sacks

2003 Post Season : Win 24-14 (AFC Championship)
23/47, 237 yards, 1 TD/4 INT, 4 Sacks

2004 Regular Season : Win 27-24
16/29, 256 yards,2 TD/1 INT, 1 Sack

2004 Post Season : Win 20-3 (Divisional Round)
27/42, 238 yards, 0 TD/1 INT, 1 Sack

Romeo was the HC of the Browns from 2005-2008.

2005 Regular Season : Loss 6-13
19/23, 228 yards, 0 TD/1 INT

2008 Regular Season : Loss 6-10
15/21, 125 yards, 0 TD/2 INT

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Well, we'll have to disagree for now. Buffalo isn't as bad as you think. They'll get some wins this year, but KC should be a contender regardless of a slipup loss to a weaker team. I wasn't expecting playoffs but with a headstart at 3-0 anything is possible.

The Chiefs should absolutely beat Buffalo, regardless of whether or not they may win a couple of games.

If the Chiefs are to take the next step, they need to beat teams they're supposed to beat.

Personally, I have a hard time believing that Crennel and Weis are going to lose to a Buffalo team or any inferior team.

This isn't the bumbling, stumbling coaching staff of 2001-2009 that loses to bad teams. These guys are too smart for that nonsense, as evidence by their halftime adjustments.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 10:27 PM
The Chiefs should absolutely beat Buffalo, regardless of whether or not they may win a couple of games.

If the Chiefs are to take the next step, they need to beat teams they're supposed to beat.

Personally, I have a hard time believing that Crennel and Weis are going to lose to a Buffalo team or any inferior team.

This isn't the bumbling, stumbling coaching staff of 2001-2009 that loses to bad teams. These guys are too smart for that nonsense, as evidence by their halftime adjustments.

Ahhhh...halftime adjustments....:)

-King-
09-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Ah, no biggie. I just think of 5-2 from another poster on a different board. I too, didn't comfirm either, but I'm just going off what I been told.

http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/index.php/topic/5870-romeo-crennel-owns-payton-manning/

Romeo was the DC of the Patriots from 2001-2004.

Romeo was the HC of the Browns from 2005-2008.

He's 6-0 when he was with the Patriots. They played Indy 2 times in 01.

And I don't think people are counting his days with the Browns.

stlchiefs
09-30-2010, 10:30 PM
3, but I wouldn't be upset or surprised if we only take 2. I'm hoping we pull one win between the Houston and Indy games.

Coach
09-30-2010, 10:31 PM
He's 6-0 when he was with the Patriots. They played Indy 2 times in 01.

And I don't think people are counting his days with the Browns.

Fair enough. At least it's nice to have a comptent DC for a change.

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Buffalo isn't as bad as you think.

I'll agree with this, but I don't think they're good enough to beat us at Arrowhead, especially if we drop either one of the road games.

Hammock Parties
09-30-2010, 10:32 PM
If we come out of this 5-2 I'll be happy.

6-1 and pencil in the playoffs.

-King-
09-30-2010, 10:37 PM
If Hali can do what he did in the 9ers game, we'll win. Peyton has pocket presence to step up, but he's not mobile at all and won't be able to totally avoid Hali.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2010, 10:39 PM
If we come out of this 5-2 I'll be happy.

6-1 and pencil in the playoffs.

I said 5-2 a couple of week ago and that's probably still a fair assessment.

But, I wouldn't be surprised to see them split on the road. It all comes down to game planning and IMO, we have the best coordinators in the league.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2010, 10:40 PM
If Hali can do what he did in the 9ers game, we'll win. Peyton has pocket presence to step up, but he's not mobile at all and won't be able to totally avoid Hali.

Peyton rarely takes sacks and Hali won't be facing a rookie from Rutgers.

Bottom Line: Don't count on it.

-King-
09-30-2010, 10:42 PM
You know what I find funny... The drafturbators (Not you Dane) were making fun of the people that said that coaching alone will help us win additional games...and look at us now.

It's especially funny to look at Deez Nutz posts.

Bearcat
09-30-2010, 10:46 PM

Welcome to the Planet. I hope things have been well all these years, ever since I walked on you to school each day as a young child.

Almost nothing really surprises me anymore... winning the next 4 would, and losing all 4 would. It's not hard for me to see them losing to Buffalo or Jacksonville... those teams are a mess like Dane said, but even elite teams lose games they should win every once in a while, much less the Chiefs. A turnover or two, a big return, and you have an upset... hell, that's how the Chiefs won one game.

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Losing all 4 would really surprise me considering how ugly Jacksonville and Buffalo have played.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Losing all 4 would really surprise me considering how ugly Jacksonville and Buffalo have played.

That won't happen.

Fuck, if the Chiefs are losing to Buffalo at halftime, I fully expect Weis to throw his gallbladder at the starting quarterback.

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 11:00 PM
That won't happen.

****, if the Chiefs are losing to Buffalo at halftime, I fully expect Weis to throw his gallbladder at the starting quarterback.

I know it won't. Was just respondin to the dude above.

Fitzpatrick is pretty injury prone anyways I think. Who the hell do they even have behind him if he doesn't make it to week 9? Oh right, Brian Brohm......

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-30-2010, 11:00 PM
You know what I find funny... The drafturbators (Not you Dane) were making fun of the people that said that coaching alone will help us win additional games...and look at us now.

You do realize that a truckload of people predicted we'd win 6-8 games last year simply based on going from Herm and Gunther to Pendergast and Haley, right?

-King-
09-30-2010, 11:01 PM
You do realize that a truckload of people predicted we'd win 6-8 games last year simply based on going from Herm and Gunther to Pendergast and Haley, right?

Pendergast and haley =/= Weis and Crennel

SenselessChiefsFan
10-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Of the next 4 games on the schedule, how many wins do you think the Chiefs can obtain, and against who, and why?

Colts, Texans, Jaguars and Bills
This is the NFL... and any given Sunday.

Chiefnj2
10-01-2010, 07:15 AM
They need to steal one of the games from the Colts or Texans because that could be a tie-breaker for the playoffs/wildcard spot should KC continue to play well.

CupidStunt
10-01-2010, 07:55 AM
They need to steal one of the games from the Colts or Texans because that could be a tie-breaker for the playoffs/wildcard spot should KC continue to play well.

If they win either of those games, they'll win the division.

B_Ambuehl
10-01-2010, 11:54 AM
The only thing certain is we'll know a lot more about the football team in 5 weeks - particularly the defense. Indy and Hou are 2 elite passing attacks and I wouldn't be surprised if Hou and Jacksonville expose the rush defense improvements a bit.

S.D.: 32nd in rush ypc in '09
S.F: 31st in rush ypc in '09

Stop the run against Houston and Jacksonville and I'll be sold.

CupidStunt
10-01-2010, 12:21 PM
SD has a brand-new back. 2009 = irrelevant.

Gore had 1120 yards in 2009 at 4.9 per clip. Considering he was the only one to rush the football, their team YPC is also irrelevant.

In summary, your post is worthless.

El Jefe
10-01-2010, 12:45 PM
@ Indianapolis Colts - Sun, 10/10
@ Houston Texans - Sun, 10/17
Jacksonville Jaguars - Sun, 10/24
Buffalo Bills - Sun, 10/31

I figured that since we're in a bye, sitting at 3-0, I figured it wouldn't hurt to think about what is the possibility of how many wins the Chiefs can obtain within the next 4 games on the schedule.

Poll forthcoming.

2-2. Indy should be a good game, but I don't think we are there yet. Houston is another I think we will lose.

Shogun
10-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Pretty confident at winning 3/4. Don't see any reason why we couldn't, We're competitive now.

Alton deFlat
10-01-2010, 01:03 PM
I think the Chiefs will go 2-2, but there is a decent chance of beating the Colts and them going 3-1. If they do, I see a letdown against Houston.

Hootie
10-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Pretty confident at winning 3/4. Don't see any reason why we couldn't, We're competitive now.

:doh!:

In for a huge letdown everyone...

2-2 over this stretch would be a good sign for us.

OnTheWarpath15
10-01-2010, 02:59 PM

In all fairness, you know WHY we were making fun of those people?

Because they said it the year before regarding Haley and Pendergast.

Kinda rings hollow after that.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read the entire thread before posting. Hamas covered this already.

OnTheWarpath15
10-01-2010, 03:04 PM

Didn't Buffalo just scare teh bejesus out of the Patriots at Gillette last week?

Not saying we'll lose by any means, but every year people say the same thing about Oakland at Arrowhead.

10-01-2010, 03:33 PM
2 wins

Red Brooklyn
10-01-2010, 03:48 PM
2 for sure. 3 possibly/won't be surprised. 4 wet dream.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Didn't Buffalo just scare teh bejesus out of the Patriots at Gillette last week?

Not saying we'll lose by any means, but every year people say the same thing about Oakland at Arrowhead.

They did but they're an inconsistent team that has three injured defensive starters.

I suppose that anything can happen but I think it would extremely embarrassing for Haley if he lost to Gailey after firing him so abruptly last year, especially at Arrowhead.

I could be completely wrong but I have a feeling the team will be really pumped up to play Buffalo and for Haley that week.

MTG#10
10-01-2010, 04:24 PM
We better f'ing beat the Jags. That will be my first Chiefs game...if we lose I'm going to be very hard to get along with for at least a week.