PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Rep

DaFace
09-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Not that there's any real need to do anything about it, but it seems like the rep system gets more and more useless as time goes on.

So the question is, should we do something with the rep system, or just let it play out? The obvious options are:

1. Leave it alone. It's great just the way it is.
2. Zero EVERYONE out and lower the point ratios significantly. (Basically, get rid of the inflationary factors and make it so that people accumulate more slowly. The general factors that currently exist [join date and post count] will still matter.)
3. Get rid of it entirely. (I doubt this will win, but I know there are some advocates out there.)

Once again, this is purely out of curiosity to see what people think, so I don't promise to change anything based on the poll. But if one option is an overwhelming winner, I might.

Yes, I technically started a thread about rep, so feel free to send the negs my way if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. :D

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 03:43 PM
How am I supposed to value my existence in this world.....if I don't have over 2,000,000 rep points?

teedubya
09-30-2010, 03:43 PM
This is not going to end well for you. :evil:

Demonpenz
09-30-2010, 03:44 PM
I print my rep off and put it in a notebook for when I really need a pick me up.

teedubya
09-30-2010, 03:44 PM
It's not so much the rep points... it's the rep comments that are the best. When you say something funny, it's like a facebook like. It is rewarded. Rep point value is meaningless IMO

RealSNR
09-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Rep is a convenient way to pat somebody on the back for making a great point without sending a private message and being all gay.

In all seriousness, it's used for the comments. Nobody cares about one's own rep score or the rep scores of others. The people who don't like rep can choose to turn the feature off and not participate. It's that simple.

Fritz88
09-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Getting rid of it would not be too bad. But I don't see it being a major problem though.

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 03:46 PM
It's not so much the rep points... it's the rep comments that are the best. When you say something funny, it's like a facebook like. It is rewarded. Rep point value is meaningless IMO

This.

Like this beauty.

I like it when sexy twenty something girls jump up and down in the middle of mcdonalds wearing nothing but an american flag. but only on rootbeer night. damnit.

Buck
Rep is ghey

ModSocks
I cry myself to sleep at night thinking of ways to improve my rep and wondering why the Mad Crapper thinks I'm an imbecile.

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Plus....if you get rid of it entirely....then what is Hootie going to bitch about?

DaFace
09-30-2010, 03:47 PM

For what it's worth, I agree. I like having it around for the comments more than the points. I just think it would be more fun if the points weren't so screwy. But I don't really care.

blaise
09-30-2010, 03:48 PM
I think it's fine. I've seen boards where it's given anonymously, but I don't like it. If someone neg reps you they don't have to put a name on it.

Mr. Laz
09-30-2010, 03:49 PM
zero it ... some people can make or destroy people by themselves. It should be more a collective situation.

DaFace
I think it's fine. I've seen boards where it's given anonymously, but I don't like it. If someone neg reps you they don't have to put a name on it.

That sounds like it would be simultaneously hilarious and disastrous. (see: tags)

blaise

I rarely put a comment in when I give rep. I'm not opposed to it, I just never know what to say.

luv
Can you keep it but have it not be "worth" anything?

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2010, 03:50 PM
zero it ... some people can make or destroy people by themselves. It should be more a collective situation.

"Make and destroy?"

Looks like we've found one that takes it WAY too seriously.

DJ's left nut
But...but....but

I just broke 1,000,000. I was all excited and stuff.

DJ's left nut
Like this beauty.

Someone got some Penz rep.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Rep is a convenient way to pat somebody on the back for making a great point without sending a private message and being all gay.

In all seriousness, it's used for the comments. Nobody cares about one's own rep score or the rep scores of others. The people who don't like rep can choose to turn the feature off and not participate. It's that simple.

I have quoted this post to show agreement with its content.

The Franchise
Someone got some Penz rep.

You would think that.....but it wasn't. That's why I like it.

teedubya
Damn, DaFace got rid of Tags... and wants to get rid of Rep... Jesus, you FUN NAZI!!

DaFace

Technically, yeah. If there's a lot of support for that idea, I'd consider it.

ModSocks
"Make and destroy?"

Looks like we've found one that takes it WAY too seriously.

It's a life and death situation. One's social status is on the line here. With too much neg rep, we can have people throwing themselves off bridges.

you want that kinda blood on your hands?

Donger
09-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Leave it alone and get rid of those who complain about it.

Buck
I just wanted to let you all know my rep power is over 9000! (Rep Power: 16,031) I can fucking destroy you.

OnTheWarpath15
It's a life and death situation. One's social status is on the line here. With too much neg rep, we can have people throwing themselves off bridges.

Depends on who's flinging themselves off bridges.

DaFace
09-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Damn, DaFace got rid of Tags... and wants to get rid of Rep... Jesus, you FUN NAZI!!

Here's a video from when I was a kid.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OK-edKhBYPY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OK-edKhBYPY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

OnTheWarpath15

LMAO

Rep.

The Franchise

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/lightning-volcano2.jpg

Jenson71
09-30-2010, 03:54 PM
I fell off the second page of total rep points. So pretty much the system has run out its usefulness.

ModSocks
09-30-2010, 03:55 PM
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/lightning-volcano2.jpg

Is this your way of saying you want to give me some pos rep? Gladly accepted my friend.

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Is this your way of saying you want to give me some pos rep? Gladly accepted my friend.

Done and done.

LOOK OUT!

Frazod
09-30-2010, 03:58 PM
I voted leave it alone, but don't really care one way or another. Almost all the rep I get is positive, and almost all the rep I give is positive.

If Skip was still here I'd say zero it out just to make him squeal like a little girl again, but alas, that's no longer an issue.

jspchief
09-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Leave it alone and get rid of those who complain about it.This. Plus, IP ban for the people that start threads crying about it.

If you can't figure out the (non)value of rep points on your own, then you're too stupid to be on this message board anyway.

Buck
Now that I have your attention, can someone please explain why its called "Arrowwood Lounge"?

FAX
I say we zero out Mr. GoChiefs' rep.

FAX

Zaiko
Don't care. People abuse it. For the most part I post solid replies usually with some sort of insight, yet I'm negative lol.

ModSocks
09-30-2010, 04:00 PM
I say we zero out Mr. GoChiefs' rep.

FAX

Rep

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Don't care. People abuse it. For the most part I post solid replies usually with some sort of insight, yet I'm negative lol.

Yep.....solid reply here.

You're still here crying and calling yourself a faggot?

Nice.

blaise

We should replace the rep system with some sort of "lol" system.

ModSocks

Please forgive the board for missing all of your solid football insight.

Jenson71
09-30-2010, 04:02 PM
How much rep did GoChiefs get from the video? I'm assuming that's what all the rep was for.

-King-

Wait...is it worth something now?

Jenson71

Is this true? I don't follow the football posts that much. Here, have some good rep.

vailpass
09-30-2010, 04:03 PM

This. Plus, IP ban for the people that start threads crying about it.

If you can't figure out the (non)value of rep points on your own, then you're too stupid to be on this message board anyway.

Yes please.

blaise
09-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Zaiko invented the spread offense.

go bo
09-30-2010, 04:04 PM

In all seriousness, it's used for the comments. Nobody cares about one's own rep score or the rep scores of others. The people who don't like rep can choose to turn the feature off and not participate. It's that simple.well shit...

that would be way too easy, wouldn't it? :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

DaFace
09-30-2010, 04:05 PM
How much rep did GoChiefs get from the video? I'm assuming that's what all the rep was for.

Somewhere between 200-300k. I was misplacing a zero, so it's not quite as bad as I'd thought. I'll remove that statement from the OP just so I'm not inadvertently swaying people with bad info.

loochy

This. It's not hard to turn off.

Zaiko
Yep.....solid reply here.

I said for the most part. And he actually did he call himself that in the thread with the pic.. plus started the flaming first so call it whatever you want?

OnTheWarpath15
This. Plus, IP ban for the people that start threads crying about it.

Excellent post.

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Zaiko invented the spread offense.

Only the wishbone!

OnTheWarpath15

ROFL

Stewie
I guess I'm odd, but I don't even think about rep. I get some and almost never give any. Not because I'm a dick, but rep seems to be the equivalent of saying something clever and running around the room looking for high fives.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Just out of curiosity, could you explain what you mean by this?

Basically, get rid of the inflationary factors and make it so that people accumulate more slowly.

|Zach|
Not that there's any real need to do anything about it, but it seems like the rep system gets more and more useless as time goes on.

So the question is, should we do something with the rep system, or just let it play out? The obvious options are:

2. Zero EVERYONE out and lower the point ratios significantly. (Basically, get rid of the inflationary factors and make it so that people accumulate more slowly. The general factors that currently exist [join date and post count] will still matter.)
3. Get rid of it entirely. (I doubt this will win, but I know there are some advocates out there.)

Once again, this is purely out of curiosity to see what people think, so I don't promise to change anything based on the poll. But if one option is an overwhelming winner, I might.

Yes, I technically started a thread about rep, so feel free to send the negs my way if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. :D

Surely an actual poll that effects the board could be put up without the gaz option.

Zaiko

I didn't say football only for one. Two, where's yours?

Edit: Or does it only involve thunderstorms and fairys?

|Zach|
09-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Get rid of it.

blaise

Basically, get rid of the inflationary factors and make it so that people accumulate more slowly.

If someone like Dane pos or neg reps you in increases your rep level by a few thousand points. If someone fairly new reps you it makes it go up or down like 5 points.

ModSocks
Surely an actual poll that effects the board could be put up without the gaz option.

Blasphemy!

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Looks like we've got a live one here.

ModSocks
09-30-2010, 04:12 PM
If someone like Dane pos or neg reps you in increases your rep level by a few thousand points. If someone fairly new reps you it makes it go up or down like 5 points.

I wonder how much weight my neg rep carries?

Hrmmm...I guess I'll use Zaiko to find out!

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2010, 04:13 PM

OK.

I'm failing to see the issue here, but then again, I don't sit around counting rep points like the person that would bitch and moan about it.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/gfiveometer.gif

blaise
Looks like we've got a live one here.

Oh,I didn't look to see who posted the question.
Please let me fill you in on any other aspects of Chiefsplanet that you may be confused about.

Bane

That's what I did a few times.
Posted via Mobile Device

what is rep?

ModSocks
09-30-2010, 04:14 PM
I didn't say football only for one. Two, where's yours?

Edit: Or does it only involve thunderstorms and fairys?

You gotta stop following me around dude. It's kinda weird. Find someone else to have a man crush on.

DaFace

Currently, the equation for rep power is:

(days since joining/14) + (total posts/100) + (current rep points/150)

So, we'd take care of the last one by zeroing everyone out and increase the numbers on the other two so that people take longer to accumulate points. But there would still be a benefit to being around for a long time and posting in terms of rep power.

Jenson71

Even if Dane neg reps you, it becomes a pos rep because just the act of his condescension by communicating with us is a great honor.

OnTheWarpath15
Oh,I didn't look to see who posted the question.
Please let me fill you in on any other aspects of Chiefsplanet that you may be confused about.

The comment you quoted wasn't for you.

Rain Man
09-30-2010, 04:15 PM

My guess is that you said something positive about Herm at some point.

Zaiko

Cool.

Overall though, I think rep systems generally fail. Usually a dumb girl with nice tits gets a bunch of rep on, or a bunch of friends just trade rep, and it becomes pretty useless fast. Not saying this happens here, as I really haven't been here long enough to know, but I know it does on other boards.

Zaiko
My guess is that you said something positive about Herm at some point.

Hell no. The only thing positive about Herm is the pretty hot babe on ESPN he sometimes stands next to. Don't know her name though.

Bane
09-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Even if Dane neg reps you, it becomes a pos rep because just the act of his condescension by communicating with us is a great honor.

EPIC!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

HemiEd
Leave it alone, but make it so that any time anyone mentions it, or starts a thread about it, they go back to zero.

I like leaving it, when someone says something I truly agree with.

OnTheWarpath15
Currently, the equation for rep power is:

(days since joining/14) + (total posts/100) + (current rep points/150)

So, we'd take care of the last one by zeroing everyone out and increase the numbers on the other two so that people take longer to accumulate points. But there would still be a benefit to being around for a long time and posting in terms of rep power.

If you're going to go to that trouble, get rid of the points altogether - but keep the comments.

I can't believe that adult human beings are this worked up over rep points.

"ooh, not fair, Dane neg repped me."

Embarassing.

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 04:17 PM
You gotta stop following me around dude. It's kinda weird. Find someone else to have a man crush on.

Kinda odd you say that but you're the one who started quoting me in this thread...

Buck
09-30-2010, 04:18 PM
THIS THREAD IS SO GHEY

THANKS DAFACE

Mr. Laz

i think you should smoke a joint and think about it.

Jenson71
Leave it alone, but make it so that any time anyone mentions it, or starts a thread about it, they go back to zero.

I'm going with HemiEd. But mostly because he could break every bone in my body in 23 seconds.

Bane
09-30-2010, 04:19 PM

Sounds like dog pile time.
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise
09-30-2010, 04:19 PM
The comment you quoted wasn't for you.

Yes, I was a little confused there for a moment.

SAUTO
09-30-2010, 04:20 PM

i would guess that means that everyone's rep power would be the same, no matter what the rep giver's rep is.

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 04:22 PM
JASON I don't think he means the same.. Just so that newer users don't give 2 rep while older ones give 50000 or something ridiculous.

ModSocks
09-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Kinda odd you say that but you're the one who started quoting me in this thread...

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5676/1282758661592.jpg (http://img137.imageshack.us/i/1282758661592.jpg/)

Bane
09-30-2010, 04:23 PM
How bout only those that donate to "support" CP get rep privileges.Everyone else is a stupid fuggn noob undeserving of such divine power.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2010, 04:23 PM
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5676/1282758661592.jpg (http://img137.imageshack.us/i/1282758661592.jpg/)

ROFL

Fritz88
09-30-2010, 04:24 PM

ROFL. I was thinking about the same thing. Karl Rove style, does things step by step. What a little fucker.

Reaper16
09-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Just leave it alone.

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-30-2010, 04:27 PM
I guess I'm odd, but I don't even think about rep. I get some and almost never give any. Not because I'm a dick, but rep seems to be the equivalent of saying something clever and running around the room looking for high fives.

Rep

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Just leave it alone.

http://jamiedubs.com/fuckflickr/data/meme-prints/leave-britney-alone.jpg

Jenson71
09-30-2010, 04:28 PM

It's really great for people who are socially awkward in real life.

Like myself. I love it.

Gonzo
09-30-2010, 04:39 PM
According to Hootie, I've sucked a lot of e-dick to get where I'm at. Don't fucking touch my rep.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2010, 04:41 PM
According to Hootie, I've sucked a lot of e-dick to get where I'm at. Don't fucking touch my rep.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://i50.tinypic.com/1232vcw.gif

Donger
09-30-2010, 04:43 PM
I'd actually like to have mine zeroed out, please.

Jenson71
09-30-2010, 04:45 PM
I'd actually like to have mine zeroed out, please.

I'll never let that happen.

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 04:46 PM

Damn I was about to send him 1 point in the red! Well.. Im betting 1 point is all I can give anyways.

Edit:: Who is that in your avatar Donger?

-King-
09-30-2010, 04:46 PM
I don't even understand what the point system is for. Whats the point(no pun intended) of it?

The rep comments are a must keep though.

Donger
09-30-2010, 04:47 PM

Why not?

IT'S MY REP, AND I WANT IT NOW!

Mr. Flopnuts
I would be for getting rid of it all together if there was a way to keep the comments, and get rid of the points. But so many people get wrapped up in getting negged, and their "status" on this board, that it creates so much comedic value that I'm voting to leave it alone.

If you don't know that rep means nothing around here, just remember that outside of Austin and Phil, I've been number 1 for like a year. What the fuck do I bring to this board besides a snide joke every once in a while? Rep means shit. But as long as people take it seriously, it's funny as hell.

DaFace
I don't even understand what the point system is for. Whats the point(no pun intended) of it?

I primarily think of it as a douchebag signal. If someone's bright red, it's a good indicator that you should be wary of their opinion a bit.

Other than that, it's mostly just for the comments IMO. And for the entertainment when someone gets pissy about it.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-30-2010, 04:48 PM
I primarily think of it as a douchebag signal. If someone's bright red, it's a good indicator that you should be wary of their opinion a bit.

Other than that, it's mostly just for the comments IMO. And for the entertainment when someone gets pissy about it.

That used to be true, but now there are people with enough power that they can personally decide who goes red. That kind of defeats the purpose IMO.

vailpass
09-30-2010, 04:49 PM

Although there are plenty of us douchebags who are bright green:D

Donger
09-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Damn I was about to send him 1 point in the red! Well.. Im betting 1 point is all I can give anyways.

Edit:: Who is that in your avatar Donger?

My grandfather.

DaFace

Ahhh...much better. :evil:

Jenson71
My grandfather.

Bullshit.

Donger
09-30-2010, 04:51 PM
LMAO

Reaper16
09-30-2010, 04:52 PM
YESSSSS

bevischief
Double the rep.

Donger

LMAO

Bwana
09-30-2010, 04:56 PM

This

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 05:02 PM
College kids pulling a prank that went severely wrong because the prankee was emotionally unstable.

The self-inflicted death of the young man is a tragedy. It would serve no good purpose to society to compound that tragedy by ruining the lives of two more young people with prison time when they have already been, and will continue to be, subjected to a much more severe punishment from the highest of courts: the court of public opinion. Additonally these two young students will suffer the consequences of potentially having to leave their school, one of the finest schools in the nation.

The guilt and sorrow these two young scholars will carry with them as a result of the young man's decision to kill himself will exceed 5 years, in fact they are already carrying a life sentence.

Post that in the right thread. I want to respond. :)

vailpass
09-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Ahhh...much better. :evil:

:D I look kinda' good in red....

Donger
09-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Da "Tabula rasa" Face! I feel like an unspoiled virgin again. Like GoChiefs.

Molitoth
09-30-2010, 06:15 PM

This

BigRedChief
09-30-2010, 06:22 PM

Other than that, it's mostly just for the comments IMO. And for the entertainment when someone gets pissy about it.I voted to get rid of it but this is a good point for its usefulness.

Psyko Tek
09-30-2010, 06:48 PM

pro'ly not a good idea

Simply Red
09-30-2010, 06:50 PM

http://i51.tinypic.com/2zyvamd.gif

Donger
09-30-2010, 06:53 PM

LMAO

Mini Donger rep for you, Zaiko.

DaFace
09-30-2010, 06:54 PM

That's pretty damn funny.

Psyko Tek
09-30-2010, 06:55 PM

oh no the somebody neg rep whining threads are too funny

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 07:01 PM

This. Rep.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 07:02 PM

Holy shit. :eek:ROFL

Rep.

Psyko Tek
09-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Now that I have your attention, can someone please explain why its called "Arrowwood Lounge"?

Neg Rep on you

you didn't watch the game sunday
what kind of chiefs fan are you?

yeah I know but I have a strange sense of humor

Rain Man
09-30-2010, 07:12 PM
I like rep because it causes fights.

BossChief
09-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Anyone that says that rep is the root of all evil, doesnt fucking have any!

rep to the first poster that identifies where I got the unaltered version of that quote...

LaChapelle
09-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Rep should be replaced with casino cash
that'll slow down the rash typing
cheap bastards

DeezNutz
09-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Rep. shouldn't be changed because I have a lot of it, and fuck those who don't.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Leave it alone. It's fine.

Contrary to the numerous threads about DaneMcCloud and rep, I give out far more positive rep than negative rep and I think I've only bombed a few n00bs into red.

Quite honestly, it's too much work to "Rep Bomb". I just don't have that many nice things to say in order to neg rep someone into the red.

:D

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2010, 07:26 PM
I say get rid of it entirely. Then we dont have to worry about people starting threads about some shitty rep comments.

Frazod
09-30-2010, 07:30 PM

I guess that pretty much sums it up, doesn't it? :D

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2010, 07:30 PM
I say get rid of it entirely. Then we dont have to worry about people starting threads about some shitty rep comments.

Dude, that's best part about rep!

Especially during a bye week,

FlaChief58
09-30-2010, 07:50 PM

This :clap:

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Rep is a great off season play toy. Leave it be.

Rasputin
09-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Rep is ghey

Powder blue uniforms....

just sayn

FlaChief58
09-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Powder blue uniforms....

just sayn

Very well played sir :clap:

Gonzo
09-30-2010, 08:16 PM

I am quoting this post because I agree with it in it's entirety...

Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater
09-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Gotta have it to keep the stoopit n00bs in line.

Saulbadguy
09-30-2010, 08:23 PM
I run a board of over a 1,000 members, no rep. We use "poster intimidation" to keep the noobs in line.

Reerun_KC
09-30-2010, 08:25 PM
I like rep because it causes fights.

This, and the comments are usually funny as hell.. I love reading them.

Watching people complain, then get dog piled on it funny as well. Its pretty interesting.

BossChief
09-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Gotta have it to keep the stoopit n00bs OUT

FYP

Gonzo
09-30-2010, 08:26 PM
I run a board of over a 1,000 members, no rep. We use "poster intimidation" to keep the noobs in line.
Yeah but, the only posters that can pull that off here are Fraz and Bug and those guys are too busy shootin fridges and having gay sex to keep the n00bs in line.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace
09-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Welp, looks like the status quo wins. I'm surprised that so many would get rid of it though. It's pretty good useless entertainment, IMO.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

09-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Welp, looks like the status quo wins. I'm surprised that so many would get rid of it though. It's pretty good useless entertainment, IMO.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

You're a jerk for starting this thread. you know how important rep is. lol

Iowanian
09-30-2010, 09:03 PM
Either get rid of it, or do something to make it less of a circle jerk.

My proposal would be to make it like currency. There are only 1,000,000 points total....if you give some, it costs you some and that would cut back on the circle jerks that put dipshits in the highest end.

DaFace
09-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Either get rid of it, or do something to make it less of a circle jerk.

My proposal would be to make it like currency. There are only 1,000,000 points total....if you give some, it costs you some and that would cut back on the circle jerks that put dipshits in the highest end.

I think it would be kind of fun to unify rep and casino cash so that people could wager rep and stuff like that, but I don't know how it would work without screwing a ton of stuff up.

ChiTown
09-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Seriously? ROFL

I don't use rep for anything other than to let someone know if I liked what they posted (via a comment). Beyond that, it's sophomoric and for circle jerking your little CP buddies.

Rain Man
09-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Another easy solution (I think) to rep inflation would be to set up something that multiplies everyone's rep count by 0.95 each day. That way, if you aren't consistently contributing, your rep withers, but you can still get a lot if you are a repartee machine.

Rasputin
09-30-2010, 09:19 PM
I think it would be kind of fun to unify rep and casino cash so that people could wager rep and stuff like that, but I don't know how it would work without screwing a ton of stuff up.

Could you at least change or update the greenbar status? Looks like there is quite of few posters who were apart of the Phobia rep heist.

DaFace
09-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Could you at least change or update the greenbar status? Looks like there is quite of few posters who were apart of the Phobia rep heist.

Could I? Sure. But I just did 6 months ago, and the aforementioned rep inflation makes it a futile effort. Everyone will be through the roof again in a few months.

Boise_Chief
09-30-2010, 09:21 PM
I really don't care about rep, but the tags that accompany the different levels make me laugh sometimes.... except the one I'm on now.

Extra Point
09-30-2010, 09:25 PM

Yeah, between incidents of asking people about fixing furnaces, when we don't have the inclination to get off our asses and figure out the problem.

Rain Man
09-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Could I? Sure. But I just did 6 months ago, and the aforementioned rep inflation makes it a futile effort. Everyone will be through the roof again in a few months.

Maybe you could just change the top one to "You're the rep equivalent of the Weimar Republic".

Donger
09-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Maybe you could just change the top one to "You're the rep equivalent of the Weimar Republic".

LMAO

Boise_Chief
09-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Rep to Bosschief for getting me off the "homoerotic ROR" tag.

nstygma
09-30-2010, 09:34 PM
make rep public. that should be fun

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 09:34 PM

That's supposed to be Gonzo's gig last I heard, but he's SLACKING!:cuss::D

They should ALL be WWII related.

GONZO! FETCH-A HISTORY!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Rep to Bosschief for getting me off the "homoerotic ROR" tag.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL Wut?!?!?

FAX
09-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Perhaps, in lieu of rep, Planeteers could instead purchase the services of $5000 an hour Las Vegas prostitutes for posters who write poems and produce Draftabulator movies and things.

FAX

ChiTown
09-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Perhaps, in lieu of rep, Planeteers could instead purchase the services of $5000 an hour Las Vegas prostitutes for posters who write poems and produce Draftabulator movies and things.

FAX

REP

Donger
09-30-2010, 09:37 PM
That's supposed to be Gonzo's gig last I heard, but he's SLACKING!:cuss::D

They should ALL be WWII related.

GONZO! FETCH-A HISTORY!

Bottom level: "You are the CP-equivalent of Operation Barbarossa!"

DaFace
09-30-2010, 09:37 PM

User is probably a DCS/ROR mult. Enjoy the lame jokes and homo erotic posts.

Rain Man
09-30-2010, 09:39 PM

Somewhere in the middle: You are the Chiefsplanet version of a comfort girl.

Somewhere a bit higher: You're a buzz bomb. Blitz away.

Gonzo
09-30-2010, 09:40 PM
This weekend work for you guys? I don't really have time during the week to do that.

I'll start on it tomorrow night.
DaFace, you good with that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 09:43 PM
User is probably a DCS/ROR mult. Enjoy the lame jokes and homo erotic posts.

ROFL Rep.

ROFL

"Phobia has taken France"!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 09:45 PM
This weekend work for you guys? I don't really have time during the week to do that.

I'll start on it tomorrow night.
DaFace, you good with that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds good, G.

Rep.*

*Neg if you don't get this shit done.:evil:

Rain Man
09-30-2010, 09:45 PM
If Chiefsplanet is the Allies, you're Uruguay.

Rain Man
09-30-2010, 09:46 PM
You're like the Waffen SS but without the great sense of style.

BossChief
09-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Now that I have your attention, can someone please explain why its called "Arrowwood Lounge"?ask our quarterback, Matt Hasselback...

If you're going to go to that trouble, get rid of the points altogether - but keep the comments.

I can't believe that adult human beings are this worked up over rep points.

"ooh, not fair, Dane neg repped me."

Embarassing.yeah, but ohhhh sooo fun to dogpile on those starting those threads before they end up leaving forever, which is what we usually wanted in the first place...stoopid antifreeze drinking dickshits shouldn't be allowed to post here.

that was Flopnuts addition to the tags, in your honor. iirc.

CP history, my friend, CP history!!!

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 09:54 PM

Woo as of right now I'm a douchebag!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 09:55 PM
You're like the Waffen SS but without the great sense of style.

"Board the rail car, n00b"

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 09:58 PM
"Board the rail car, n00b"

NEVERRRRR
http://i54.tinypic.com/8yvz9l.jpg

Slayer Diablo
09-30-2010, 10:08 PM
I'd like to see the correlations for this poll--if there are any--when it's over. Is there a positive relationship between rep and one's satisfaction with the current system? Do people who turn off their rep vote; if so, is there a relationship between turning it off and wanting to get rid of it completely? But, then again, I'm kind of a nerd for social stats.

Gadzooks
09-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Phobia never told me about the rep heist. :shrug:
High five anyone... anyone?:)

Bugeater
09-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Phobia never told me about the rep heist. :shrug:
High five anyone... anyone?:)
The Great Rep Heist was in 2008, and oddly enough, Phobia had nothing to do with it.

Psyko Tek
10-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Leave it alone. It's fine.

Contrary to the numerous threads about DaneMcCloud and rep, I give out far more positive rep than negative rep and I think I've only bombed a few n00bs into red.

Quite honestly, it's too much work to "Rep Bomb". I just don't have that many nice things to say in order to neg rep someone into the red.

DANE the Dean of rep has spoken
now
STFU
close thread

Simply Red
10-01-2010, 05:13 AM
The Great Rep Heist was in 2008, and oddly enough, Phobia had nothing to do with it.

I think it's what leveled RR69