PDA

View Full Version : Football Herm (guffaw) is positioning (howl) himself (cackle) to ...

Rain Man
09-30-2010, 05:37 PM
...be the coach of the Cowboys. I guess he thinks that if they'll hire Wade, they'll hire anybody, and maybe he's right.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/herm-edwards-if-i-could-coach.html

Herm Edwards: If I could coach one team, it would be Cowboys

Former Kansas City Chiefs and New York Jets coach Herm Edwards discussed his coaching future on WEPN-AM in New York City.

On coaching again and what he misses: "You know what I miss: I miss the preparation during the course of the week between the players and coaches. I miss the camaraderie. I miss gameday. 30 years of it ... I had a lot of fun doing it. It's hard. It's draining. And when you're a good team and you get beat, you go, 'You gotta be kidding me.' It takes a whole week to recover. That's the hardest part."

Any of the 32 teams, which one would you want to take over? "You know what that one team that's kind of interesting right now, and I shouldn't be saying this because I am out of the NFC East and you learn to hate these guys, I shouldn't say hate, dislike them, are the Cowboys. They are very interesting to me because they're like the Ryder Cup team: They got all these gppd players right now, they can't figure out how to win together. They can't figure that out yet and I don't know why. I sit there and watch them and I go, 'This is amazing to me.'

"You got a good defense, got an active quarterback, some good receivers, you got three backs, not one but three of them, and you sit there and watch them play and you go, 'What are you guys doing?'

"Now they would kill me in Philly if I went to the Cowboys, obviously, right? We are hypothetical here, right?"

Edwards was fired from Kansas City after the 2008 season. He had a three-year regular-season record of 15-33 with the Chiefs. As head coach of the New York Jets in 2001-05, he had a regular-season mark of 39-41 and was 2-3 in the playoffs. He played cornerback for 10 seasons (1977-1986) with the Philadelphia Eagles, Los Angeles Rams and Atlanta Falcons.

ModSocks
09-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Yep. Seems like a good fit. A media whore team with a media whore coach.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Jerry Jones isn't stupid, but Herms a funny guy.

swayy07
09-30-2010, 05:42 PM
so jerry jones must really want to get murdered in a dark alley if this went down..

Window Licking Whiner
09-30-2010, 05:43 PM
They need to caveat their Herm Record in KC with the following:

Of the 15 wins he got while in KC, 9 of those were during his first year, when Vermiel's players still hadnt been ruined by Herm's terribad coaching"

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Please make this happen.

kstater
09-30-2010, 05:45 PM
That would be fucking awesome.

Hug it Out Dan
09-30-2010, 05:54 PM
If there's one ****ing team I hate (outside the AFCW) it's the god damn Dallas Cowboys.

I hate their owner, I hate their fans (rich snobby arrogant POS's - if you've gone to a game there you'd understand), I hate their players, I hated all of their past players, esp Michael ****ing Irvin....hated that trash even more after reading the Boys Will Be Boys book. POS deserves to be in prison right now after all the shit he's done.

NOTHING would make me happier than watching Herm coach that team into a bad rotten horrible disfunctional cluster****. God what a loser he is.

BUT, Jerry Jones isn't retarded, and Garrett is the HC in waiting. Not to be racist, but JJ doesn't strike me as the kinda guy who would hire a black HC. He's an old southern arkansas guy. Maybe I'm wrong.

Dave Lane
09-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Please make this happen.

No. To the raiders my friend, the raiders

Bane
09-30-2010, 06:02 PM
A black HC in Dallas?I've heard it all now.I for one think it's a brilliant idea.I'd absolutely love for Herm to coach the Cowpatties.

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 06:02 PM
God I hope they hire Herm. That would be classic.

Bane
09-30-2010, 06:04 PM
God I hope they hire Herm. That would be classic.

The only thing that would make me happier would be for him to go to Dungver.Herm @Pile High just sounds so right!

tk13
09-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Everybody says Jerry Jones isn't an idiot. We're talking about the same guy who hired Wade Phillips here. The Wade Phillips who had never won a playoff game until last year. Granted his regular season track record is much better than Herm.

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 06:07 PM
The only thing that would make me happier would be for him to go to Dungver.Herm @Pile High just sounds so right!

I think McDaniels might be better than Herm at getting all of his players hurt in practice though.

Bane
09-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Everybody says Jerry Jones isn't an idiot. We're talking about the same guy who hired Wade Phillips here. The Wade Phillips who had never won a playoff game until last year. Granted his regular season track record is much better than Herm.

He could have done worse.Wade is a hell of a DC IMO,and I'd take him any day over Mc6-0ToOhNo.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-30-2010, 06:11 PM
I would rather Herm stay in the AFCW with Oakland. Then we'd have the only HC in the division that's not a Moron.

Bane
09-30-2010, 06:12 PM
I would rather Herm stay in the AFCW with Oakland. Then we'd have the only HC in the division that's not a Moron.

Rep.ROFL

LaChapelle
09-30-2010, 06:56 PM
When Herm was in KC wasn't there talk about how the front office was divided
you were either a Peterson backer or Hermite no inbetween
Herm will go to Oakland and kill Davis in his sleep and be hated AFC West wide

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Oh God PLEASE YES!!!!!!

FAX
09-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Jerry Jones and the Herminator are a match made in Hell.

Let's do this!!

FAX

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 08:10 PM
I can picture Herm and Jerry fighting, crying, and hugging it out, all the while poor Ines Sainz is standing in the corner getting balls thrown at her.

Rasputin
09-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Oh God PLEASE YES!!!!!!

This is too damn funny to be true... & I think laughter as we know it would stop becouse nothing could top this.

Honestly this story should be in the the You laugh, you lose thread.

FlaChief58
09-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Romo better update his will before the werm gets there. :D

Tylerthigpen!1!
09-30-2010, 08:13 PM
I despise nothing more than a proud cowboys fan.

go bo
09-30-2010, 08:27 PM
I can picture Herm and Jerry fighting, crying, and hugging it out, all the while poor Ines Sainz is standing in the corner getting balls thrown at her.wow, professional athletes have balls they can throw at hot broads?

geez, that must hurt...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 08:28 PM
This is too damn funny to be true... & I think laughter as we know it would stop becouse nothing could top this.

Honestly this story should be in the the You laugh, you lose thread.

I mean, we would literally have start following every move that fucking team made with Herm at the helm.

WHERE ELSE are you are going to get that level of high comedy in the NFL on a daily basis?!

Dog died? Read about Herm.

Girlfriend dumped you? Consult today's dose of Herm.

The possibilities for a mass-lifting of spirits are ENDLESS!

J Diddy
09-30-2010, 08:30 PM
wow, professional athletes have balls they can throw at hot broads?

geez, that must hurt...

Yes they do and shaun smith is the reaper.

Rasputin
I mean, we would literally have start following every move that ****ing team made with Herm at the helm.

WHERE ELSE are you are going to get that level of high comedy in the NFL on a daily basis?!

Dog died? Read about Herm.

Girlfriend dumped you? Consult today's dose of Herm.

The possibilities for a mass-lifting of spirits is ENDLESS!

No sh!t ROR NO sh!t I could hardly read any of this ROFL too much too much

Reerun_KC
Oh please please please

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Yes they do and shaun smith is the reaper.

ROFL:clap:

Psyko Tek
09-30-2010, 08:45 PM
very little in this world could make me happier

luv
09-30-2010, 08:49 PM
I would love to see this happen for two reasons.

1. Hello? It's the Cowboys and Herm Edwards!

2. I have several friends/acquaintances here who are Cowboys fans that gave me a lot of shit when Herm was our coach. Paybacks would be a bitch. :evil:

BryanBusby
09-30-2010, 10:19 PM
This needs to happen.

*Herm Edwards walks in after the Cowboys drop the 4th game in a row to go 0-4*
Romo: "So uh, what happens now Permasuck?"
*Herm slides on the coat, flips on the shades*
Herm: "Our playoff chances...........have.....just been......HERMINATED YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" *shades gleam in the light as he does an air guitar act*

Zaiko
09-30-2010, 10:24 PM
He sounds so sure of himself on ESPN though. He actually thinks he can be a HC.

Phobia
09-30-2010, 11:52 PM
A black HC in Dallas?I've heard it all now.I for one think it's a brilliant idea.I'd absolutely love for Herm to coach the Cowpatties.

Seriously? What does that have to do with anything in 2010?

Thig Lyfe
10-01-2010, 12:03 AM
The thread title doesn't build up correctly. A howl is considerably less restrained than a cackle. The two laugh-types should thus be switched to achieve proper order.

A rare miss, Rain Man.

Hootie
10-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Herm...

you're going to have to work your way back up if you ever want another head coaching gig...

Rain Man
10-01-2010, 12:26 AM
The thread title doesn't build up correctly. A howl is considerably less restrained than a cackle. The two laugh-types should thus be switched to achieve proper order.

A rare miss, Rain Man.

I pondered a chortle, but it seemed too low-key. A titter didn't seem appropriate, nor did a giggle. I admit that I wanted something with more oomph than cackle, but couldn't come up with it in my rush to report this breaking story.

Thig Lyfe
10-01-2010, 12:27 AM
I pondered a chortle, but it seemed too low-key. A titter didn't seem appropriate, nor did a giggle. I admit that I wanted something with more oomph than cackle, but couldn't come up with it in my rush to report this breaking story.

I beg to differ. I think a titter would have been perfect. I think titter-guffaw-howl would have been a wonderful progression.

BUT IT'S TOO LATE NOW.

Red Dawg
10-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Jerry Jones would be crazy and stupid hiring Herm.

FAX
10-01-2010, 08:22 AM
There would be blood.

I can easily envision Herm and Jerry in a life or death struggle in the locker room after their 6th loss in a row. Jerry with the choke hold and Herm going for the nads.

If there is a Higher Power, please make this happen.

FAX

MMXcalibur
10-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Usually, out-of-work coaches don't comment on coaching postions that are still occupied, despite the swirling rumors of dismissal. But not our consummate professional, Herman Q. Edwards III!

Not that I wouldn't LOVE to see the Cowpies take Herm. Oh sweet Jesus almighty, that would be comedy GOLD!

Radar Chief
10-01-2010, 08:29 AM
If there is a Higher Power, please make this happen.

FAX

^This. Please. :grovel: