PDA

View Full Version : Football Brandon Marshall=Dumbass

Nzoner
10-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Sat Oct 02 06:05am PDT
Brandon Marshall, meet Sterling Sharpe

By Doug Farrar

Miami Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall(notes) is known for mouthing off at times, but this time, he really went down the wrong path. In response to NFL Network analyst Sterling Sharpe's claim that he was running out of gas in a recent game, Marshall questioned Sharpe's credentials and wondered why Sharpe was speaking up in the first place.

"I don't honestly think those guys were elite players, including Sterling Sharpe," Marshall said. "I've gotta turn on the film and see what he was able to do. I know he's done some good things, but from my understanding, he's not a Hall of Fame guy."

Brandon, we're here to help. Here's a little primer on the guy you're bashing. Before a neck injury cut his career short in 1994, Sharpe was probably the second most dangerous receiver in the NFL, behind only Jerry Rice. He was the first player in NFL history to have consecutive seasons catching 100 passes, won the receiving "Triple Crown" in 1992 (catches, receiving yards, receiving touchdowns), and he put up many of his stats before Mike Holmgren and Brett Favre(notes) showed up in Green Bay. Had he been able to continue his career through Green Bay's run of Super Bowls, there's no question whatsoever that he'd have a bust in Canton right now.

And, Brandon? If you need more clarity on this one, here's a handy-dandy table to show you just how far behind this guy you are in the historical food chain:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__27/ept_sports_nfl_experts-445539682-1286024305.jpg?ymxBM3DD4HCXi0IO

After careful scrutiny of the facts, it is our considered opinion here at Shutdown Corner that Mr. Marshall should offer up an apology in a hurry, give Sterling Sharpe a call, and make nice in a future episode of "Playbook". Who knows? He might actually learn something...

Zaiko
10-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Lol.. He talked shit on Sterling Sharpe.... Brandon Marshall you dumbass.

10-02-2010, 12:16 PM
what an asshole. a lil bit of criticism gets him all bruised up in his vaginal area. grow some skin you fucking bitch ass.

Zaiko
10-02-2010, 12:18 PM
what an asshole. a lil bit of criticism gets him all bruised up in his vaginal area. grow some skin you ****ing bitch ass.

I know right. "I DONT THINK THEY WER GUD AS ME, BUT I GOTTA LOOK AT FILM CAUSE IM NOT SURE. THEYRE NOT HOF WORTHY LIKE ME"

Valiant
10-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Well if they are going to play what ifs with it.. What if Shannarat never left Denver and Cutler and Marshall were still there??

Thank god for dumbassery in their front office/owner..

Bowser
He's still Cutler's bitch.

Mr. Laz
:shake:

a lot of these younger receivers are a bunch of arrogant douchebags ... no clue whatsoever.

Buehler445
10-02-2010, 12:20 PM
LOL. Epic.
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey
10-02-2010, 12:31 PM
he's and idiot...
a lot of players are.

BigCatDaddy
10-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Given the choice today, I would take Marshall over Sharpe.

Brock
10-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Given the choice today, I would take Marshall over Sharpe.

Uh....why?

Quesadilla Joe
10-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Marshall would rather get 100 yards receiving in a game than actually win.

RealSNR
10-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Given the choice today, I would take Marshall over Sharpe.Absolutely. Sterling Sharpe is like... 50 years old. And it was injuries that kept him out of the NFL. I'll bet those would still hold him back today.

10-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Absolutely. Sterling Sharpe is like... 50 years old. And it was injuries that kept him out of the NFL. I'll bet those would still hold him back today.

ROFL

Nice Professor!

J Diddy
10-02-2010, 12:52 PM
IMO, Brandon Marshall couldn't hold SS jock. The guy was a beast without all the BM-esque drama.

10-02-2010, 12:52 PM
he's and idiot...
a lot of players are.

why are you posting like blue balls now?

Deberg_1990
10-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Sterling Sharpe would have had a Hall of Fame career...epsecially playing with Bret Favre. He had a severe neck injury which cut his career short.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SharSt00.htm

Demonpenz
10-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Wide recievers shouldn't be mouthing off to other wide recievers.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Knowmo is envious of Marshall's objectivity.

BigCatDaddy
10-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Uh....why?

Because I wouldn't want anybody related to Shannon Sharpe on my team :)

Red Dawg
10-02-2010, 01:37 PM
IMO, Brandon Marshall couldn't hold SS jock. The guy was a beast without all the BM-esque drama.

Whatever, Brandon may be asn ass but Sharpe was not super great. He was good for then but all of you are overating him.

Brock
10-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Whatever, Brandon may be asn ass but Sharpe was not super great. He was good for then but all of you are overating him.

Oh, okay. A guy who was on his way to the HOF wasn't super great. ROFL

RealSNR
10-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Whatever, Brandon may be asn ass but Sharpe was not super great. He was good for then but all of you are overating him.You never watched Sterling Sharpe play.

If Priest doesn't get all those injuries, he's a HOF back. It's the same case.

DaFace
10-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Marshall's and idiot, but I'm still thrilled that he's out of Denver.

Pioli Zombie
10-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Neither of them could hold a candle to the great Dwayne Bowe,who is not in Canton only because he is not eligible yet.

LaChapelle
10-02-2010, 01:46 PM
From the thin air of Denver
to the humidity of south Florida
give your lungs a rest

RealSNR
10-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Sterling Sharpe AVERAGED 85 receptions 1162 yards and 9.2 TDs for his 7-year career.

Between Tuckdaddy and Brandon Marshall, there's piddly shit in terms of knowledge about WRs

J Diddy
10-02-2010, 01:53 PM

Did you even look at the stat comparison? What the heck does "good for then" mean?

Me thinks you added to much tabasco to your tequila shooters.

Bane
10-02-2010, 01:57 PM

Guess it sucks to know that he's better at 50% than any WR on your current roster is at 100%.That has been confirmed.
Posted via Mobile Device

J Diddy
10-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Neither of them could hold a candle to the great Dwayne Bowe,who is not in Canton only because he is not eligible yet.

Hopefully they don't hand him the bust when he gets enshrined, he'll probably drop it.

Hug it Out Dan
10-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Uh....why?

he's bigger and faster.

BM will end up crushing all of Sharpe's stats. But that's because Sharpe retired early due to inj.

But it is what it is. Sharpe's not a HOF guy. But neither is BM.

crazycoffey
10-02-2010, 02:10 PM
why are you posting like blue balls now?

whacha talking about Willis?

crazycoffey
10-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Miami Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall(notes) is known for mouthing off at times, but this time, he really went down the wrong path. In response to NFL Network analyst Sterling Sharpe's claim that he was running out of gas in a recent game, Marshall questioned Sharpe's credentials and wondered why Sharpe was speaking up in the first place.

that's all you need to know about BM.
SS was a good receiver, so it stands to reason he has the credentials to critic a Receiver. SS is a commentator for football, so he is getting paid to "speak up".

Brock
10-02-2010, 02:20 PM
he's bigger and faster.

BM will end up crushing all of Sharpe's stats. But that's because Sharpe retired early due to inj.

Worthless post that says nothing.

Marcellus
10-02-2010, 04:45 PM
he's bigger and faster.

You fail to realize the obvious point of the OP.

Rain Man
10-02-2010, 04:57 PM
If not for the injury, Sterling Sharpe would be in the Hall of Fame. Marshall's an imbecile who likely won't be in the league much longer due to a lack of intellect and judgment.

Red Dawg
10-02-2010, 05:01 PM
You could say that Brandon could very well be on his way the HOF. Woulda coulda shoulda doesn't cut it. Brandon is right. SS is not a HOF'er and there is no proof he would have been.

crazycoffey
10-02-2010, 05:12 PM
You could say that Brandon could very well be on his way the HOF. Woulda coulda shoulda doesn't cut it. Brandon is right. SS is not a HOF'er and there is no proof he would have been.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7055564&postcount=33

Gadzooks
10-02-2010, 05:24 PM

So fuckin what. It was an interview. Only HOF'ers can interview this douche bag?!? WTF?
I wouldn’t want to be interviewed by Sterling only because he has no context of audible sound.
He often screams and that might put me off.

Perhaps, douche bag is defensive because he’s not used to being yelled at by a man his agent hasn’t approved of.

vailpass
10-02-2010, 06:08 PM
The dumb that fell out of Marshall's mouth is matche donly by the dumb of some of the posts in this thread.
Sterling Sharpe was an elite WR regardless of how you feel about his brother.

RealSNR
10-02-2010, 07:14 PM
The dumb that fell out of Marshall's mouth is matche donly by the dumb of some of the posts in this thread.
Sterling Sharpe was an elite WR regardless of how you feel about his brother."Some" is an unfair word. Most of us aren't idiots like Tuckdaddy who refuse to actually examine the man's career.

I mean... 4 of his 7 seasons were better in yards and TDs than Marshall's BEST season. With that kind of incredible production so early in a career how do you NOT say, "this guy should've been in the Hall."

There was a time when people didn't know whose career would be better when history was written: Jerry Rice's or Sterling Sharpe's. This is a fact. People really didn't know when both of these guys were kicking ass the way they were.

The Bad Guy
10-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Worthless post that says nothing.

You just summarized all of his posts.

Ebolapox
10-02-2010, 07:26 PM
crazy thought; without comparing stats (and obviously super bowls), I'd take sterling sharpe in the HOF over lynn swann.

Gadzooks
10-02-2010, 07:29 PM
crazy thought; without comparing stats (and obviously super bowls), I'd take sterling sharpe in the HOF over lynn swann.

But this is aboot Marshall being a douche. WTF is wrong with you?!?

Ebolapox
10-02-2010, 07:31 PM
But this is aboot Marshall being a douche. WTF is wrong with you?!?

s'called a segue. we've run the gambit on the marshall douchiness.

Gadzooks
10-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Since you''ve used the word "Segue" I'll concede despite the fact that Brandon's a douche and I'm entertained by other posters articulating the same facts supporting his douchiness over and over.

Ebolapox
10-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Since you''ve used the word "Segue" I'll concede despite the fact that Brandon's a douche and I'm entertained by other posters articulating the same facts supporting his douchiness over and over.

oh, make no mistake. dude's a turd. he's a worthless scum who just happens to have prototypical size/speed/physicality for the WR position in the modern nfl. if he didn't have said speed and size, he'd be in fucking prison (I have no doubt). I have no use for him OR michael vick OR the countless nfl players who beat their wives and are worthless human beings. just cause you're good at a game doesn't give you a pass in life.

now, it's pretty sad that he doesn't even have the knowledge of the nfl enough to go back a mere 16 years. fuck, I'd assume he watched a bit of nfl growing up, and sterling sharpe was the SHIT up until late 1994 (if memory serves, his neck injury happened late in the 1994 season, and he was STILL an all-pro that year). marshall is, what, 26 years old? did the nfl not exist when he was 10 years old? fuck, son. it's not like we're asking you to remember don hutson or harold carmichael.

jspchief
10-02-2010, 09:28 PM
:shake:

a lot of these younger receivers are a bunch of arrogant douchebags ... no clue whatsoever.Yea, he needs to learn some humility from Sharpe. Oh wait.

douche on douche crime.

POND_OF_RED
10-02-2010, 09:52 PM

Demanding a trade from the Donkeys says otherwise.

Mr. Kotter
10-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Demanding a trade from the Donkeys says otherwise.

Boo-yaa! LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Elite = Never. Guy sucks.