PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I'm almost convinced...

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2010, 01:43 AM
...that if Weis and Crennel choose to call KC home for a long time, and Todd Haley continues flourish under their guidance, the Chiefs will be THEE Greatest Coached and Coordinated Team in the NFL.

The intelligence, creativity, and passion will be unmatched. "Failure" and other terms like "good enough" will be eradicated from our Franchise's vocabulary. Our 2nd string players will be effective in their own right should one of them have to step in at a crucial moment in a big game that matters.

Haley and Co. will feed off of Arrowhead's unmatched Mojo like success-starved (and then success-addicted) Piranhas, and We The Arrowhead Nation will experience a symbiosis of volume and power that will make the best seasons of the 1990's feel like "Herm-Ball".

I don't care if we come out flat in one game this season, the kind of game that crushes the faith of the weak, and makes the astute, passionate, and hardcore fan scratch his or her head; I'm getting a vibe here. The Mojo Meter is rising again, and I feel like our team is not far away from becoming a thermonuclear nightmare to our opposition and division rivals.

We may not beat Indy next week, but we are going to fight those motherfuckers like a team given the last game they will ever get to play for 60 unyielding minutes. And when it's done, the Colts Monday morning is going to be filled with every ache and pain the human body can experience.

Let's DO this.

:toast:

Fritz88
10-03-2010, 01:48 AM
We could keep Wies for a while, but if Romeo continues to do what he's doing then fuggadbout it. Especially if his D shines against Peyton. He will probably get another HC gig.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2010, 02:11 AM
We could keep Wies for a while, but if Romeo continues to do what he's doing then fuggadbout it. Especially if his D shines against Peyton. He will probably get another HC gig.
Posted via Mobile Device

But would he take it? Honestly, I don't see EITHER of those guys wanting to do a repeat of their last gigs, and I believe that at some point; it becomes a family over there.
And with the Ultimate Success(and hopefully "quad-peated"), the big revenue begins to flow and our whole way of operating that we've become accustomed to changes dramatically.

Look; I'm just speculating, visualizing, and dreaming a bit, nothing more. But I can FINALLY see these types of possibilities becoming our reality.

And it feels gooooooooooooooooooood. :D

Stanley Nickels
10-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Hey, ROR. You're my #1 rep contributor. Here's some drunk rep for you. No reason for this post, BTW. Look forward to some red from some in the morn.

Stanley Nickels
10-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Wait, what does that say, that you're my highest rep provider? Should I be ashamed and upset at this moment?

Rasputin
10-03-2010, 02:35 AM
Well the way you put it, I'm thinking dynasty:drool:

BryanBusby
10-03-2010, 02:40 AM
I think KC is the last stop for both coordinators. Crennel is getting up there in age and Weis will forever be fat and already has a laundry list of health issues.

They've already made enough money from being a HC to set them up for life and probably continue to do it because they enjoy it and to get another Lombardi.

Jerm
10-03-2010, 02:40 AM
When Haley brought these two aboard I thought the Chiefs could win a Super Bowl within 3 years...I'm really thinking they might have a good shot before then.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2010, 03:16 AM
Well the way you put it, I'm thinking dynasty:drool:

When you put the Cassel Blunder out of your mind, it becomes VERY easy to begin imagining the kind of possibilities for this franchise that could surpass even the Golden Era.

I think KC is the last stop for both coordinators. Crennel is getting up there in age and Weis will forever be fat and already has a laundry list of health issues.

They've already made enough money from being a HC to set them up for life and probably continue to do it because they enjoy it and to get another Lombardi.

Solid take; I absolutely agree.

beach tribe
10-03-2010, 03:20 AM
When Haley brought these two aboard I thought the Chiefs could win a Super Bowl within 3 years...I'm really thinking they might have a good shot before then.

Wow. Now there is some optimism.

Jerm
10-03-2010, 03:25 AM
Wow. Now there is some optimism.

Agreed...I'm an eternal optimist, what can I say lol?

It's not only that but we've seen how teams can come from absolutely nowhere and make deep playoff runs, there's a lot of parity.

I think the pieces are coming into place...the coaching is there, we finally have great talent at all the key positions outside of QB, and the players are buying into the system and have a BELIEF.

If only we had a QB...I think if we had a good QB we could make a serious run this year.

I really think the Chiefs will dominate the AFCW for the next few years.

Rasputin
10-03-2010, 03:26 AM
Much better indeed.

The first SB would be extatic beyond emagination

The second SB would be like **** YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The third one would be like can't believe them sumbitches did it again Cool.

The fourth one would be like Meh

beach tribe
10-03-2010, 03:31 AM
I do think they are gonna stay, and see this thing through ROR, and I think we have one of the top 3 staffs in the league. I think Haley is a damn fine HC. Seems to know how to show players he will not except failure, how to push the right buttons, and how to let his talented coordinators do their jobs. Here's to Haley, and crew sticking around. I honestly cannot think of a group of guys I'd rather have coaching this team, nor a HC I would rather have. Haley truly is HUGE reason for the change in attitude of this team. I have a man crush on the guy. He may be my favorite HC the Chiefs have had since I've been alive.
Not gonna forget about Pioli either. The guy has done a remarkable job. I was excited about all of these hires, and so far it has all been warranted. Really excited to see what this team becomes under their tutelage.

Holy crap. I've gone 17 posts past 10,000, and didn't even notice.

Fn Gif doesn't work again. Gotta figure this out.

Jerm
10-03-2010, 03:32 AM
Just think if Pioli could convince his father-in-law to come in as some sort of executive role or whatever....what a staff that would be.

beach tribe
10-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Agreed...I'm an eternal optimist, what can I say lol?

It's not only that but we've seen how teams can come from absolutely nowhere and make deep playoff runs, there's a lot of parity.

I think the pieces are coming into place...the coaching is there, we finally have great talent at all the key positions outside of QB, and the players are buying into the system and have a BELIEF.

If only we had a QB...I think if we had a good QB we could make a serious run this year.

I really think the Chiefs will dominate the AFCW for the next few years.

Oh, I like it bro. I'm an optimist too, and with these guys running the show, there is certainly reason for optimism. Man, can you believe it? Just 20 games ago HERM was our HC. **** YES!!!

Rasputin
10-03-2010, 03:53 AM
Oh, I like it bro. I'm an optimist too, and with these guys running the show, there is certainly reason for optimism. Man, can you believe it? Just 20 games ago HERM was our HC. **** YES!!!

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C_zo0FiNheI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C_zo0FiNheI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Silock
10-03-2010, 03:58 AM
I hope you guys aren't as premature with your women as you are with your Chiefs.

Super Bowl in 3 years? Eclipsing the Patriot dynasty?

Look, I'm really excited about the team and the direction we're headed, too. But it's a long season, and many factors go into long-term success. Might want to hold back a bit.

Rasputin
10-03-2010, 04:06 AM
I hope you guys aren't as premature with your women as you are with your Chiefs.

Look, I'm really excited about the team and the direction we're headed, too. But it's a long season, and many factors go into long-term success. Might want to hold back a bit.

Are you saying we are setting our selves up for fail? No way noo way......

This is going to take 3 min years not the epic 5 long Carl years....

arf arf

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2010, 04:09 AM
Much better indeed.

The first SB would be extatic beyond emagination

The second SB would be like **** YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The third one would be like can't believe them sumbitches did it again Cool.

The fourth one would be like Meh

Considering the drought between our first Lombardi and now, I have to disagree. For a "small market franchise"(God, I loathe that tag)to succeed at that level is a remarkable achievement. We would truly be blazing our own unique trail at that point; open up the history book and start writing.
Plus the competition becomes more intense. EVERY team, great or crappy, is absolutely GUNNING for you every Sunday(see Chiefs Vs Steelers, 2009).

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2010, 04:12 AM

Speculation and Imagination here friend, nothing more.

Rasputin
10-03-2010, 04:21 AM
Considering the drought between our first Lombardi and now, I have to disagree. For a "small market franchise"(God, I loathe that tag)to succeed at that level is a remarkable achievement. We would truly be blazing our own unique trail at that point; open up the history book and start writing.
Plus the competition becomes more intense. EVERY team, great or crappy, is absolutely GUNNING for you every Sunday(see Chiefs Vs Steelers, 2009).

Totaly. Meh was just like we are GODS and we know it BFD.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-03-2010, 04:25 AM
I guess that after the Colts give us a 41-0 ass kickin maybe you guys will wake up from your dream.

3 wins and now we have the greatest coaching staff in the history of the NFL and are superbowl bound. You guys really need to lay off the antifreeze coolers.

Rasputin
10-03-2010, 04:27 AM
I guess that after the Colts give us a 41-0 ass kickin maybe you guys will wake up from your dream.

3 wins and now we have the greatest coaching staff in the history of the NFL and are superbowl bound. You guys really need to lay off the antifreeze coolers.

We are on the Sasquatch High leave us alone...

Smed1065
10-03-2010, 04:33 AM
I thought you quit smoking~

Rasputin
10-03-2010, 04:35 AM
I thought you quit smoking~

not quite really... GAME ON?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2010, 04:53 AM

Okay then:

"Cassel sucks, we'll never win shit with him, Pioli's a b00b, Haley's a n00b, and Weis and Crennel are here solely for the BBQ and the money, and will likely be gone at the end of next season. The Chiefs best years are 40+ behind them so let's all get together at the next CP Bash, build a four story AIDS-Bonfire, and jump in to it while screaming "WE MISS YOU HERM, ELEVENTY"!!!!11111

Better?

Mile High Mania
10-03-2010, 05:01 AM

:clap:

beach tribe
10-03-2010, 05:06 AM

You're right, and I fully expect some pretty bad losses this season
But I do think our CS is top notch. It's really late(early), I've a had a few drinks( I tended bar till 4am fri night was in bed by 8am so I didin't get out of bed till 5pm today,(yesterday) which is why I'm still up) so my thoughts are a little distorted, and the dreams are a little bigger, but realistically, in today's NFL, if we are not hitting the peak of our build two seasons from now then we've missed on some moves, and are missing out on some of the time that our window should be open. As for the dynasty thing, that's some really big dreaming, no matter what level our team reaches. It's just a really difficult thing to do. Hell, winning two is quite frankly an enormous task. It's ALL hoop dreaming at this point, and it's all in good fun. Dreams never hurt anybody.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-03-2010, 05:07 AM
Okay then:

"Cassel sucks, we'll never win shit with him, Pioli's a b00b, Haley's a n00b, and Weis and Crennel are here solely for the BBQ and the money, and will likely be gone at the end of next season. The Chiefs best years are 40+ behind them so let's all get together at the next CP Bash, build a four story AIDS-Bonfire, and jump in to it while screaming "WE MISS YOU HERM, ELEVENTY"!!!!11111

Better?

:doh!: HaHa ! No! I'm just sayin.

beach tribe
10-03-2010, 05:11 AM
Okay then:

Better?

ROFL:clap:

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2010, 05:13 AM
But I do think our CS is top notch. It's really late(early), I've a had a few drinks( I tended bar till 4am fri night was in bed by 8am so I didin't get out of bed till 5pm today,(yesterday) which is why I'm still up) so my thoughts are a little distorted, and the dreams are a little bigger, but realistically, in today's NFL, if we are not hitting the peak of our build two seasons from now then we've missed on some moves, and are missing out on some of the time that our window should be open. As for the dynasty thing, that's some really big dreaming, no matter what level our team reaches. It's just a really difficult thing to do. Hell, winning two is quite frankly an enormous task. It's ALL hoop dreaming at this point, and it's all in good fun. Dreams never hurt anybody.

This. And compared to the usual fare around these parts:

"Ameri-ca, FUCK YEAH"!!!!!!:rockon:

Silock
10-03-2010, 05:20 AM

I can get down with that. I agree with all of that, too. I just hesitate to dream so large right now.

Chief Pote
10-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Geez....what will CP be like if they pull off a win at Indy? OMG there will be upstart Chiefs message board sites popping up throughout the world.

Simply Red
10-03-2010, 06:25 AM
I do think they are gonna stay, and see this thing through ROR, and I think we have one of the top 3 staffs in the league. I think Haley is a damn fine HC. Seems to know how to show players he will not except failure, how to push the right buttons, and how to let his talented coordinators do their jobs. Here's to Haley, and crew sticking around. I honestly cannot think of a group of guys I'd rather have coaching this team, nor a HC I would rather have. Haley truly is HUGE reason for the change in attitude of this team. I have a man crush on the guy. He may be my favorite HC the Chiefs have had since I've been alive.
Not gonna forget about Pioli either. The guy has done a remarkable job. I was excited about all of these hires, and so far it has all been warranted. Really excited to see what this team becomes under their tutelage.

Holy crap. I've gone 17 posts past 10,000, and didn't even notice.

Fn Gif doesn't work again. Gotta figure this out.

http://i53.tinypic.com/10qgjsk.jpg

bevischief
10-03-2010, 07:01 AM
We can only hope.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-03-2010, 07:44 AM
What a difference three wins make. Suddenly, Crennel and Weis may be the best set of coordinators in the league. Just a month ago, it was argued that they couldn't find another job other than with the Chiefs.

It is amazing that fans are so reactionary.

I agree that Weis and Crennel are doing a great job thus far. (and, that is even with Weis not demaning a new QB, or more carries for Charles) I was not a huge fan of Romeo going into all this. I prefer a more aggressive defense than he plays. But, there is no question that he knows what he is doing.

Haley has impressed me more than either of them though. He has grown up and matured in the HC job. It is clear that he is on the same page as his assistants, despite what Dane thinks.

It is three weeks into the season. The Chiefs are facing their two toughest games over the next two weeks. I wonder how the threads will go if they lose both of those in convincing fashion.

I will still think this is a good staff regardless of how many more games they win this year, will you?

Silock
10-03-2010, 07:45 AM
What a difference three wins make. Suddenly, Crennel and Weis may be the best set of coordinators in the league. Just a month ago, it was argued that they couldn't find another job other than with the Chiefs.

It is amazing that fans are so reactionary.

I agree that Weis and Crennel are doing a great job thus far. (and, that is even with Weis not demaning a new QB, or more carries for Charles) I was not a huge fan of Romeo going into all this. I prefer a more aggressive defense than he plays. But, there is no question that he knows what he is doing.

Haley has impressed me more than either of them though. He has grown up and matured in the HC job. It is clear that he is on the same page as his assistants, despite what Dane thinks.

It is three weeks into the season. The Chiefs are facing their two toughest games over the next two weeks. I wonder how the threads will go if they lose both of those in convincing fashion.

I will still think this is a good staff regardless of how many more games they win this year, will you?

Stop being so sensible.

I'm with you, especially on that last part.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Meh, it's better than reading the "they won't compete for 4 years minimum" crap over and over and over and over a-gain.

Cheater5
10-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Weis nearly died a few years ago following gastric bypass surgery (which obviously failed), had surgery on his blown ant cruciate ligament, recently had his gall bladder removed, and uses a scooter at times to cart his Grimace-like 54 year-old frame around. When I see him on TV, or recent pictures, he looks like a bag of smashed a$$holes.

Bottom line- I don't see him lasting long; he'll have a near-death health issue brought on by the stress of the job and retire-- or he might flat-out croak.

Shaid
10-03-2010, 08:34 AM
But would he take it? Honestly, I don't see EITHER of those guys wanting to do a repeat of their last gigs

Romeo said in his first interview as DC when they asked if he would look to take a HC job that goal is always to be a HC. I don't remember the exact phrasing but to me it sounded very much like he would take a HC job.

baitism
10-03-2010, 08:38 AM
I think the Super Bowl in KC is on Weis' bucket list. Once the game ends he will collapse in a mound of Gates BBQ, strawberry soda, and french fries.

milkman
10-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Weis nearly died a few years ago following gastric bypass surgery (which obviously failed), had surgery on his blown ant cruciate ligament, recently had his gall bladder removed, and uses a scooter at times to cart his Grimace-like 54 year-old frame around. When I see him on TV, or recent pictures, he looks like a bag of smashed a$$holes.

Bottom line- I don't see him lasting long; he'll have a near-death health issue brought on by the stress of the job and retire-- or he might flat-out croak.

His health issues beg the question.

Is there anyone on this staff that could step up and replace him competently should anything happen?

I like the direction this team is heading, and the production this staff has gotten from this team.

But there isn't an offensive coach on the staff that I would feel comfortable with moving forward should something happen, but I also wouldn't like to see Haley shoulder the burden again.

Mr. Plow
10-03-2010, 08:46 AM
I like this New & Improved ROR.

Baby Lee
10-03-2010, 09:03 AM

The running game and defense have gone a long way to convincing me they just may have staying power. To that end, I'm fairly sure 41-0 is a long shot.

21-10 with a pick 6 and two more ints and 3 sacks still remains a distinct possibility.

That said, home field is a bigger advantage for the Colts than their team, we have flaws, but those specific flaws are minimized when facing a bad run D and prolific offense with a great QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2010, 09:17 AM

Hey man, when there's something to get jazzed about, I'm ALL IN.

Lex Luthor
10-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Romeo said in his first interview as DC when they asked if he would look to take a HC job that goal is always to be a HC. I don't remember the exact phrasing but to me it sounded very much like he would take a HC job.
Romeo Crennel was 24-40 as head coach of the Browns. I think as head coach he proved that he's a good defensive coordinator. He may not get any more head coaching offers.

FAX
10-03-2010, 09:50 AM

His moronicalism has definitely declined slightly, Mr. Mr. Plow.

Probably premature to hold out hope for full remission, though.

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2010, 10:02 AM
His moronicalism has definitely declined slightly, Mr. Mr. Plow.

Probably premature to hold out hope for full remission, though.

FAX

Keep Hope Alive!

The Bad Guy
10-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Doubtful.

The guy is a coordinator. He's in his mid 60's and has failed as a head coach.

Guys in their 60's just don't get 2nd chances when there are tons of young coordinators in the league that will be with teams for a long time.

The Bad Guy
10-03-2010, 10:10 AM

I think that's always a goal of a coordinator, but I don't think any team is taking a chance on a 63 year old head coach.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Doubtful.

The guy is a coordinator. He's in his mid 60's and has failed as a head coach.

Guys in their 60's just don't get 2nd chances when there are tons of young coordinators in the league that will be with teams for a long time.

Two LeBeau's: Pay 'em that retirement, nest-egg green and lock 'em down.

Brock
10-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Old guys aren't even going to get a look at HC jobs anymore. If you need to worry about losing Crennel, worry about him retiring.

Mr. Laz
10-03-2010, 10:26 AM
i think the Health of weis and crennel is the main issue to worry about. Both have failed recently as Head Coaches so i don't think they will get another promotion yet.

both seem to be in crappy health though :(

Dave Lane
10-03-2010, 11:30 AM
...that if Weis and Crennel choose to call KC home for a long time, and Todd Haley continues flourish under their guidance, the Chiefs will be THEE Greatest Coached and Coordinated Team in the NFL.

The intelligence, creativity, and passion will be unmatched. "Failure" and other terms like "good enough" will be eradicated from our Franchise's vocabulary. Our 2nd string players will be effective in their own right should one of them have to step in at a crucial moment in a big game that matters.

Haley and Co. will feed off of Arrowhead's unmatched Mojo like success-starved (and then success-addicted) Piranhas, and We The Arrowhead Nation will experience a symbiosis of volume and power that will make the best seasons of the 1990's feel like "Herm-Ball".

I don't care if we come out flat in one game this season, the kind of game that crushes the faith of the weak, and makes the astute, passionate, and hardcore fan scratch his or her head; I'm getting a vibe here. The Mojo Meter is rising again, and I feel like our team is not far away from becoming a thermonuclear nightmare to our opposition and division rivals.

We may not beat Indy next week, but we are going to fight those mother****ers like a team given the last game they will ever get to play for 60 unyielding minutes. And when it's done, the Colts Monday morning is going to be filled with every ache and pain the human body can experience.

Let's DO this.

:toast:

Quit being a yoyo on this stuff. Everything is not horrible or awesome. There are actually shades in between. We are making progress on all fronts. THAT is what matters. I don't see a SB run this year but one more draft like the one we had this year and you better believe that this team can make a very deep run in the playoffs.

DaneMcCloud
10-03-2010, 11:37 AM

SensitiveChiefsFan in with more bullshit.

Which Chiefsplanet member stated that they could NOT find another job?

You're such a fucking moron. I'd put your stupid ass on ignore but it's way too much fun watching you getting beat down day after day.

DaneMcCloud
10-03-2010, 11:40 AM
There isn't an owner in the league that would hire Crennel as a head coach. The owners are going with young guys and unless you're a guy like Cowher, it'll remain that way.

Wies will receive money from Notre Damn through like 2014 and again, I don't think an owner will offer him a head coaching gig, if for health reasons. The guy really needs to get healthy or he's not going to live much longer.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Quit being a yoyo on this stuff. Everything is not horrible or awesome. There are actually shades in between. We are making progress on all fronts. THAT is what matters. I don't see a SB run this year but one more draft like the one we had this year and you better believe that this team can make a very deep run in the playoffs.

Really? You don't say?

:facepalm:

BossChief
10-03-2010, 12:59 PM
We all wanted playmakers and good coaching after last years debacle.

We got both.

I cant wait to see this team after another draft or two...

Reaper16
10-03-2010, 01:04 PM
We all wanted playmakers and good coaching after last years debacle.

We got both.

I cant wait to see this team after another draft or two...
If a QB doesn't come in one of these drafts then our excitement will be for a series of playoff losses and nothing more.