PDA

View Full Version : Football donk coach cries foul

T-post Tom
10-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Oh my, the stars are aligning...

Josh McDaniels, Jeff Fisher engage in some coach-on-coach crime

October 4, 2010 6:03 PM ET, by Gregg Rosenthal

It's not that rare to hear a player like Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton call out another team like the Titans. (Heck, opposing players seem to call Titans dirty every week.)

It's a little different to hear the coach-on-coach crime committed by Josh McDaniels on Jeff Fisher Monday.

"I was proud of our team because we knew that was the kind of game

it was going to be,'' McDaniels said Monday about the Broncos win via Mike Klis of the Denver Post. "You can put any tape you want to

of Tennessee and there's going to be 10 penalties. You either coach it

or you allow it to happen. That's how I look atthat."

McDaniels lauded his team for not being drawn into fights and went a step further, saying the Titans played dirty.

"There's a way to play tough and physical without being excessive and

playing dirty after the snap,'' McDaniels said. "There's a lot of teams

in this league that play like that. Tough and physical but also within

therules."

The Broncos tellingly didn't include the quotes above in the quote sheet distributed by the team Monday. But the words still found their way to Tennessee, where Titans coach Jeff Fisher was unmoved. Shocker. He said his team was physical, but not cheap.

"We did have six sacks against the quarterback and numerous other

times they did have some difficulty with protection and blocking our

defensive line. Maybe he's referring tothat," Fisher said via the Nashville Tennessean.

Fisher isn't going to change his coaching style.

"This defense is playing well," Fisher said. "They played well enough

to win . . . I'd like to see them play harder, play more aggressive."

Sorry, Ray Edwards. Fisher, defensive coordinator Chuck Cecil, and the Tennessee Titans are the true NFL outlaws.

chiefzilla1501
10-04-2010, 04:49 PM
This is something I've actually heard quite a bit. The reactions have been different, though. I don't remember what coach it was, but I heard one coach who told his team before the game that Jeff Fisher's team is going to do everything they can to bait you into losing your head and picking up a careless personal foul. But then, his team's been doing that for years.

Rain Man
10-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Did the Titans spray themselves with cooking spray? Because that's illegal.

Goldmember
10-04-2010, 04:54 PM
I didn't have a chance to see the game but was following along on gamecast and it seemed like the dumbass Titties were always jumping off sides or some other brain fart penalties like that.

ModSocks
10-04-2010, 04:59 PM
The Titans better not get testi with us, Shaun Smith will grab a niggaz nuts, no doubt...

orange
10-04-2010, 05:12 PM
We did have six sacks against the quarterback and numerous other

defensive line. Maybe he's referring tothat. Of course, they beat us anyway.

FHP

sportsman1
10-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Titan's have always been my second favorite team. I love watching 'em play with tenacity. Yesterday wasn't actually as bad as usual.

Bane
10-04-2010, 05:22 PM
McDipshit becoming a NFL HC proved to me that anything is possible.

listopencil
10-04-2010, 05:39 PM
I prefer Orton's quote:

"I think we were the tougher team today. You always hear about how tough they are and all that stuff. I don't think they're tough. I think they're cheap. If that's the type of player Cortland Finnegan (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2848/cortland-finnegan) wants to be, well, then, he's a cheap player, not a good player."

Dylan
10-04-2010, 05:58 PM
According to Tom Coughlin: "The coach spent the whole week telling the team that he has played Jeff Fisher teams 19 times and the one thing they will try to do is draw you into their chippiness."

Excerpts: Giants / Titans Game Sept. 26, 2010

Coughlin: 'This is a game we should've won' »
By Ralph Vacchiano

The Giants did absolutely everything they wanted to do on the football field today - - except win.

That pretty much sums up the post-game reaction from the Giants, following their 29-10 debacle of a defeat to the Tennessee Titans. They out-played them in every single phase of the game, it would seem. You know, except for the phase that involves the final score.

“This is a game that we should have won, (but) we didn’t win,” said Tom Coughlin.

“If you watch the tape without the penalties,” added defensive end Justin Tuck, “you’ll say we were up 35-0 or something like that.”

His general point, though, was that on a day when the Giants out-gained the Titans 471 yards to 271 and were still within nine points in the fourth quarter, they probably would have won this game if they didn’t self-destruct.

Unfortunately for them, they did to the tune of 11 penalties, including a hard-to-fathom six personal fouls. It was one of the most undisciplined performances I’ve seen from the Giants in the Coughlin regime.

Nobody to blame but ourselves … and other people
The Giants had 11 penalties and six personal fouls, but it wasn’t all their fault. They took some of their ire out on the officials - - who, by the way, called eight penalties and four personal fouls on the Titans, too.

“I think the referee did a poor job of seeing the first foul, and did a great job of seeing the retaliation,” Tuck said. “But hey, that’s what football has come to. We’ve just got to sit there and take it.”

The Giants were convinced that all five personal fouls were the result of overly “chippy” play by the Titans that the refs either missed or ignored.

Antrel Rolle claimed he was “struck twice in the facemask” before he finally threw a punch at Titans TE Craig Stevens. And LT David Diehl claimed he was only “protecting” RB Ahmad Bradshaw, who was having his face driven into the ground at the end of a play.

“I’m sitting there watching guys pile on to our running back, grinding his facemask into the turf,” Diehl said. “Nothing was being done, so I’m going to protect my guy.”

Added Rolle: “I am not going to let someone go out there and make look like a girl on the field. You want to bang, we’re going to bang.”

Rolle, by the way, was pulled from the game after his punch. “I understand it,” he said. “He just wanted me to cool down. I think it was a good move.” Kareem McKenzie also was pulled from the game.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/?offset=25#ixzz11R29eBmf

Coughlin indicated that it was the Titans who were getting chippy with the Giants, but it was the G-Men who were getting nabbed by the officials for retaliating.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2010/09/27/2010-09-27_its_time_for_tom_to_get_tough.html#ixzz11R2igA1y

Dylan
10-04-2010, 05:59 PM
The Fines:
The Giants were slapped with $17,500 in fines for their actions in their 29-10 loss to the Titans last Sunday. LT David Diehl and RT Kareem McKenzie were each fined $5,000 for unnecessary roughness. RB Ahmad Bradshaw was fined $2,500 for his end-zone chop block. And C Adam Koets was fined $5,000 for a “major facemask” on the same play.

I’m a little stunned that S Antrel Rolle, a previous offender who actually threw a punch, wasn’t fined at all.

The only Titans who were fined, apparently, were the ones you already knew about: DE Jason Babin and CB Cortland Finnegan, both $5,000 for unnecessary roughness.

Source: New York Post

notorious
10-04-2010, 06:02 PM
I've said in before and I will say it again: FUCK the midgets.

blaise
10-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Texans fans hate Cortland Finnegan. They all think he's a dirty player. I think Andre Johnson even called him dirty once, which probably counts for something because you almost never hear Johnson say anything about anything.

Dylan
10-04-2010, 06:11 PM
I've said in before and I will say it again: **** the midgets.

The back story is the TEN Titans -- Where it will face a K.C. Chiefs team in December.

I'm hoping the Chiefs take out knees

don't be a hater... :D

LaChapelle
10-04-2010, 06:13 PM
He tried to fist pump
but the Tennessee air was too heavy

Bane
10-04-2010, 06:14 PM
He tried to fist pump

ROFL
Fist pump FAIL!

Garcia Bronco
10-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Oh my, the stars are aligning...

Josh McDaniels, Jeff Fisher engage in some coach-on-coach crime

October 4, 2010 6:03 PM ET, by Gregg Rosenthal

It's not that rare to hear a player like Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton call out another team like the Titans. (Heck, opposing players seem to call Titans dirty every week.)

It's a little different to hear the coach-on-coach crime committed by Josh McDaniels on Jeff Fisher Monday.

"I was proud of our team because we knew that was the kind of game

it was going to be,'' McDaniels said Monday about the Broncos win via Mike Klis of the Denver Post. "You can put any tape you want to

of Tennessee and there's going to be 10 penalties. You either coach it

or you allow it to happen. That's how I look atthat."

McDaniels lauded his team for not being drawn into fights and went a step further, saying the Titans played dirty.

"There's a way to play tough and physical without being excessive and

playing dirty after the snap,'' McDaniels said. "There's a lot of teams

in this league that play like that. Tough and physical but also within

therules."

The Broncos tellingly didn't include the quotes above in the quote sheet distributed by the team Monday. But the words still found their way to Tennessee, where Titans coach Jeff Fisher was unmoved. Shocker. He said his team was physical, but not cheap.

"We did have six sacks against the quarterback and numerous other

defensive line. Maybe he's referring tothat," Fisher said via the Nashville Tennessean.

Fisher isn't going to change his coaching style.

"This defense is playing well," Fisher said. "They played well enough

to win . . . I'd like to see them play harder, play more aggressive."

Sorry, Ray Edwards. Fisher, defensive coordinator Chuck Cecil, and the Tennessee Titans are the true NFL outlaws.

Chuck Cecil was fined 40k for giving the bird during the game last week. That'll calm him down.

notorious
10-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Chuck Cecil was fined 40k for giving the bird during the game last week. That'll calm him down.

Shit, if Chuck Cecil played safety today, he would be broke from paying fines for helmet to helmet hits.

That's about all he could do, but he did it well.

kitten_mittons
10-04-2010, 10:10 PM
He tried to fist pump

I don't understand this talking point. There are far better things to make fun of McDaniels for than fist-pumping after a big win. I guess when you tards try to make fun of someone you fail at that, just as you most likely fail at everything you do.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-04-2010, 10:14 PM
I don't understand this talking point. There are far better things to make fun of McDaniels for than fist-pumping after a big win. I guess when you tards try to make fun of someone you fail at that, just as you most likely fail at everything you do.

Dumb troll is still dumb.

threebag
10-04-2010, 10:16 PM
I have always liked Chuck Cecil. He laid some good hits on people when he was in there.

kitten_mittons
10-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Dumb troll is still dumb.

So you are of the retarded sector that thinks the best thing you can think of to make fun of McDaniels is that he fist-pumped? Interesting. I guess with that kind of wit, no one here is surprised you are a huge dumbass.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-04-2010, 10:25 PM
So you are of the retarded sector that thinks the best thing you can think of to make fun of McDaniels is that he fist-pumped? Interesting. I guess with that kind of wit, no one here is surprised you are a huge dumbass.

All I'm trying to do is win a motherfuckin' thread!

JoeyChuckles
10-04-2010, 10:54 PM

He defended the Broncos. After him!!

Extra Point
10-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Did the Titans spray themselves with cooking spray? Because that's illegal.

Well, noone can accuse you of sPAMming this thread!

King_Chief_Fan
10-05-2010, 07:21 AM

you should quit being dumb.......

Reerun_KC
10-05-2010, 07:35 AM
you should quit being dumb.......

eh ignore him, Its just one of our resident KSU fans dupe account...

kitten_mittons
10-05-2010, 12:44 PM
eh ignore him, Its just one of our resident KSU fans dupe account...

I don't know why you keep saying it's a dupe account. Also, why would a KSU fan make a dupe account that is also a KSU fan. Seems counter-intuitive.