PDA

View Full Version : Life Golden Colorado

Bwana
10-04-2010, 08:57 PM
I just flew into this place and will be here for a few days. I have to admit, this is a cool town. It kind of reminds me a little of Deadwood, SD. Once you get into some of their micro-brews and stay off the Coors swill, they have some decent beers.

I will find out what the folks are made of tomorrow, when I show up with my Chiefs shrit on. I will be here three days and brought nothing but chiefs shirts. :evil: Let the abuse begin!

:arrow: CHIEFS!!!

DaFace
10-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Beware "Colorado Native" beer. It's a Coors product in disguise.

And enjoy Golden. I don't get there often, but it's a cool little place.

JoeyChuckles
10-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Sock it to em'

yeti
10-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Hit up Golden City Brewery.

Bwana
10-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Hit up Golden City Brewery.

The old hide at the front desk was talking about that place. I'll give it a shot.

Rain Man
10-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Yeah, Golden is pretty nice. If I didn't live in the central city I'd live in Golden or maybe one of the foothills towns.

headsnap
10-04-2010, 09:28 PM
I lived in Golden for a couple of years a loooong time ago...

I would love to go back and get a job at Yeti!

Joe Seahawk
10-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Bwana, My oldest son is a freshman at UM in Missoula, we spent some time there this summer and really loved it. We're headed back later this month for parents weekend, looking forward to going back. I think i was meant to be in a smaller town than seattle.. Beautiful country Montana is..

COchief
10-04-2010, 09:42 PM
You must get some breakfast burritos at Santiago's while in town, if you like spicy food and think you're man enough order them hot (map below). The path next to the creek is very nice and with a lot of activity going on. Let me know if you want any other suggestions, I worked in downtown Golden for 4 years. Enjoy your time here, Golden is awesome.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=715+Washington+Ave,+Golden+-+(303)+277-0966&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=715+Washington+Ave,+Golden,+Jefferson,+Colorado+80401&z=16

Bwana
10-04-2010, 09:51 PM
You must get some breakfast burritos at Santiago's while in town, if you like spicy food and think you're man enough order them hot (map below). The path next to the creek is very nice and with a lot of activity going on. Let me know if you want any other suggestions, I worked in downtown Golden for 4 years. Enjoy your time here, Golden is awesome.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=715+Washington+Ave,+Golden+-+(303)+277-0966&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=715+Washington+Ave,+Golden,+Jefferson,+Colorado+80401&z=16

Thanks bud, I like it spicy food, I'll find it and order it HOT.

Bwana
10-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Bwana, My oldest son is a freshman at UM in Missoula, we spent some time there this summer and really loved it. We're headed back later this month for parents weekend, looking forward to going back. I think i was meant to be in a smaller town than seattle.. Beautiful country Montana is..

Missoula has some great mountains around it, but there a way to many tree huggers in that town for me.

Bwana
10-04-2010, 09:54 PM

Now that I look at your map, that's only 4 blocks from my hotel. :thumb:

ceebz
10-04-2010, 10:03 PM
The old hide at the front desk was talking about that place. I'll give it a shot.

Definitely go and have the IPA. Delicious.

COchief
10-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks bud, I like it spicy food, I'll find it and order it HOT.

Fair warning, you will be hooked on them. Denver has some pretty good mexi food, they are the best in town. FYI they cut them off kinda early like 10:30 or 11am and sometimes they sell out so hit it kinda early.

Buffalo Rose has a decent patio for a bar scene, Anthony's pizza has pretty good slices. There is a cool local coffee shop one block south of Starbucks downtown. Woody's has good pizza for a buffet place. These are all walking distance and right downtown. If you are a gambling man, Central city is about a 1/2 hour outside Golden and it is a beautiful drive.

DeezNutz
10-04-2010, 10:09 PM

When you're done with the hide, you should consider the brewery.

Bwana
10-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Definitely go and have the IPA. Delicious.

I'm all over it tomorrow night.

Bwana
10-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Fair warning, you will be hooked on them. Denver has some pretty good mexi food, they are the best in town. FYI they cut them off kinda early like 10:30 or 11am and sometimes they sell out so hit it kinda early.

Buffalo Rose has a decent patio for a bar scene, Anthony's pizza has pretty good slices. There is a cool local coffee shop one block south of Starbucks downtown. Woody's has good pizza for a buffet place. These are all walking distance and right downtown. If you are a gambling man, Central city is about a 1/2 hour outside Golden and it is a beautiful drive.

Cool, thanks for the tips.

Joe Seahawk
10-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Missoula has some great mountains around it, but there a way to many tree huggers in that town for me.

Wow.. You should see my Neighborhood in Seattle :shake:

I haven't noticed the tree hugger mentality yet, however we were having dinner and i noticed Max Baucus's office across the street. :spock:

Bwana
10-05-2010, 05:47 AM
Wow.. You should see my Neighborhood in Seattle :shake:

I haven't noticed the tree hugger mentality yet, however we were having dinner and i noticed Max Baucus's office across the street. :spock:

Heh, oh, you will, it's like "Seattle East." As far as Max, I think Missoula is about the only town in Montana Max could have an office, without it being burned to the ground. You talk about a useless sack of crap. He's about as popular in this state as a case of the clap these days. :shake: In any event, it's good to see you Joe, I hope things are well.

rockymtnchief
10-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Heh, oh, you will, it's like "Seattle East." As far as Max, I think Missoula is about the only town in Montana Max could have an office, without it being burned to the ground. You talk about a useless sack of crap. He's about as popular in this state as a case of the clap these days. :shake: In any event, it's good to see you Joe, I hope things are well.

ROFL
So true! He showed up in Martinsdale this summer and the locals almost lynched him. He flat out told them that their votes, "don't mean shit", to him.

Skyy God
10-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Make sure to try the Blue Moon..... I hear it's a great little microbrew.

AndChiefs
10-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Make sure to try the Blue Moon..... I hear it's a great little microbrew.

Hardly a microbrew anymore.

"MillerCoors President and Chief Commercial Officer Tom Long told a seminar in London on Tuesday the group's premium light beers Miller Lite, Coors Light and Miller Genuine Draft 64 had grown market share by 1 percent point over the last nine months, and its Blue Moon beer was now the leading craft beer in the U.S. market."

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5515WY20090602

ceebz
10-05-2010, 09:19 AM
If you'd like to check out the best microbreweries in Colorado, might I suggest Great Divide in Denver, and O'Dell in Fort Collins. My personal faves.

Oh, and Golden City Brewery closes @ 6:30. You'll see why when you get there.

Skyy God
10-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Hardly a microbrew anymore.

"MillerCoors President and Chief Commercial Officer Tom Long told a seminar in London on Tuesday the group's premium light beers Miller Lite, Coors Light and Miller Genuine Draft 64 had grown market share by 1 percent point over the last nine months, and its Blue Moon beer was now the leading craft beer in the U.S. market."

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5515WY20090602

Might want to check the batteries on your sarcasm meter....

Phobia
10-05-2010, 09:30 AM
I don't remember which of those towns Avery is in but you must go to Avery's tap room if you're nearby.

ceebz
10-05-2010, 09:49 AM
I don't remember which of those towns Avery is in but you must go to Avery's tap room if you're nearby.

Avery is another good one, which is out in Boulder. If you happen to hit up Boulder, check out Avery, Twisted Pine and Boulder Beer Co., all great breweries.

I would say Great Divide and Avery have the two best tap rooms in Co.

Bwana
10-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Oh, and Golden City Brewery closes @ 6:30. You'll see why when you get there.

Yeah, it was closed when I got back tonight from Arvada. I'm hitting Santiago's for the breakfast cown tomorrow. On a side note, The engineers didn't warm up to my Chiefs shirt much, but the factory workers were really butt hurt about it. If "dirty looks" could kill, I would be dead, but not one person had the rocks to open their mouth. I did however have a luggy on the windshied of my rental jeep when I went to leave today. ROFL I was cracking up all the way back to the hotel. They are in for round two tomorrow. :evil:

KCHawg
10-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Give 'em hell, Bwana!

keg in kc
10-05-2010, 11:31 PM
A "golden colorado" sounds like something you'd find when you do a google search for "hardcore watersports".

Otter
10-06-2010, 12:14 AM
I got a life long friend in Durango, CO that's heard many a story about Bwana. If you ever make it down there be sure to look him up.

Got nothing for Golden, CO.

rockymtnchief
10-06-2010, 05:27 AM
If anyone gives you shit, don't be afraid to break out the "judy-chop"!:evil:

Christofire
10-06-2010, 11:18 AM
You should piss on everything you see, and make it truly "Golden Colorado."

Bwana
10-06-2010, 05:07 PM
You must get some breakfast burritos at Santiago's while in town, if you like spicy food and think you're man enough order them hot

Hit it this morning and it was damn good, as well as ass pucking hot, just right! :D

Zebedee DuBois
10-06-2010, 05:10 PM
I would the whole thing at Great Divide.

ChiefInDenver
10-06-2010, 09:07 PM
If you like Pizza, You should try Toni Rigatoni's. It's located on Washington & Ford.

COchief
10-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Hit it this morning and it was damn good, as well as ass pucking hot, just right! :D

Glad you liked them, hot is for real men only.

googlegoogle
10-06-2010, 11:54 PM
i would do some gold panning out there.

Darien25
10-07-2010, 12:06 AM
We have a cool hot rod show every saturday. People hanging out in all of the parking lots and badass cars running around all over the place.

Bwana
10-07-2010, 06:12 AM
We have a cool hot rod show every saturday. People hanging out in all of the parking lots and badass cars running around all over the place.

If was here this weekend, I would hit that, but I fly back to Billings today. I did warm up to your town though, top notch place. I will be heading over to Santiago's first, to abuse myself with a couple more of their tasty HOT burritos. :fire:

Bwana
02-28-2011, 04:19 PM

Made it down here in 7 hours without a ticket from the MT, WY, or CO highway patrol. :thumb: This place is like the banana belt! 61 feels nice! When I left Billings, it was 25 and the bitch is, I didn't even pack any short sleeve shirts. Santiago's tomorrow for their tasty breakfast burrito!

Donger
02-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Made it down here in 7 hours without a ticket from the MT, WY, or CO highway patrol. :thumb: This place is like the banana belt! 61 feels nice! When I left Billings, it was 25 and the bitch is, I didn't even pack any short sleeve shirts. Santiago's tomorrow for their tasty breakfast burrito!

Welcome!

Rain Man
02-28-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm a fan of Golden. If I moved out of central Denver (which I won't) and wanted to stay in the metro area, Golden or one of the foothill towns would be my next choice.

Bwana
02-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Welcome!

Why Thank You. I'll try not to raise to much hell down here. :thumb:

Bwana
02-28-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm a fan of Golden. If I moved out of central Denver (which I won't) and wanted to stay in the metro area, Golden or one of the foothill towns would be my next choice.

It's a nice town. I'm just happy to be out of the snow. :p

Donger
02-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Why Thank You. I'll try not to raise to much hell down here. :thumb:

I have alerted the authorities to the fact that you "somehow" managed to drive that distance in 1.5 hours less than is possible considering the speed limit, however.

Bwana
02-28-2011, 05:52 PM
I have alerted the authorities to the fact that you "somehow" managed to drive that distance in 1.5 hours less than is possible considering the speed limit, however.

Heh, Montana people laugh at "speed limits." There is some real crap land between Buffalo, and Cheyenne. From what I see, they should use it for a nuke testing ground. One has to drive fast to get through that ASAP.

Dartgod
02-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Repost

Rain Man
02-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Repost

Dang.

Donger
02-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Heh, Montana people laugh at "speed limits." There is some real crap land between Buffalo, and Cheyenne. From what I see, they should use it for a nuke testing ground. One has to drive fast to get through that ASAP.

Yes, I know. The last time I drove from Billings to Bozeman, I was passed by a motorcycle that must have been doing 140. I was on the phone at the time (doing 80) and the lady I speaking with said, "What's that noise!?" Zoom!

stevieray
02-28-2011, 06:21 PM
I've always been amazed at Golden's ability to keep the stink of Denver off of her city limits. It's almost like Georgetown right at the foothills.

Donger
02-28-2011, 06:22 PM
I've always been amazed at Golden's ability to keep the stink of Denver off of her city limits. It's almost like Georgetown right at the foothills.

You've never smelled the Coors brewery? It's is awful sometimes.

stevieray
02-28-2011, 06:29 PM
You've never smelled the Coors brewery? It's is awful sometimes.

..you underestimate my contempt for the Broncos.

Frazod
02-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Golden's just west of Denver, right? Last time I drove through Colorado I stayed in a hotel there. It was getting too late to drive on to our ultimate destination of Grand Junction, and I told the wife that I wouldn't spend the night in Denver, because if anything bad happened and I died, my soul would not be able to ascend to heaven from there.

Bwana
02-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Golden's just west of Denver, right? Last time I drove through Colorado I stayed in a hotel there. It was getting too late to drive on to our ultimate destination of Grand Junction, and I told the wife that I wouldn't spend the night in Denver, because if anything bad happened and I died, my soul would not be able to ascend to heaven from there.

ROFL

googlegoogle
02-28-2011, 07:00 PM
pan for gold

tmax63
02-28-2011, 07:16 PM
You do have a couple of phone #'s for folks out here in case bail has to raised. I'd imagine, from what I've observed here thru the years, it would take more than one of us to raise that much on short notice.......

Bwana
02-28-2011, 09:05 PM
You do have a couple of phone #'s for folks out here in case bail has to raised. I'd imagine, from what I've observed here thru the years, it would take more than one of us to raise that much on short notice.......

Yeah, A bunch of managers from Montana refineries, who are friends of mine, are down here as well for the same thing. I have it Covered! :thumb: