PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tom Brady and Wes Welker have some interesting things to say about Cassel

Deberg_1990
10-05-2010, 10:13 AM
http://mellinger.kansascity.com/entries/tom-brady-and-wes-welker-talk-matt-cassel-whos-about-go-against-peyton-manning/

The conversations were different, but one thing I asked both of them was what they considered to be Cassel’s biggest strength.

Anyway, I thought you might find their answers interesting:

Welker: “I think his biggest strength is his arm, and you know, his reads. He’s a physical specimen. I don’t know if too many people know about that, but Matt is very strong. So even running the football, being strong in the pocket, shed off tacklers, things like that. He always did a great job of putting the ball right on the money.”

Brady: “I’m guessing probably his accuracy. He’s a very accurate passer. He’s also very mobile, he can keep plays alive. He’s not going to run, but he can keep the play alive and let people get open a little bit. He’s got a good feel.”

The Franchise
10-05-2010, 10:14 AM
ROFL

ModSocks
10-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Yeah.......so they made all that shit up.

seclark
i bet brady and welker laughed their asses off after that interview.
sec

Hammock Parties
Most of that is true apart from the accuracy and arm part.

Priest31kc
10-05-2010, 10:16 AM
ROFL

Good teammates.

But you know they were laughing inside.

BigRichard
10-05-2010, 10:17 AM
http://mellinger.kansascity.com/entries/tom-brady-and-wes-welker-talk-matt-cassel-whos-about-go-against-peyton-manning/

The conversations were different, but one thing I asked both of them was what they considered to be Cassel’s biggest strength.

Welker: “I think his biggest strength is his arm, and you know, his reads. He’s a physical specimen. I don’t know if too many people know about that, but Matt is very strong. So even running the football, being strong in the pocket, shed off tacklers, things like that. He always did a great job of putting the ball right on the money.”

Brady: “I’m guessing probably his accuracy. He’s a very accurate passer. He’s also very mobile, he can keep plays alive. He’s not going to run, but he can keep the play alive and let people get open a little bit. He’s got a good feel.”

http://420.thrashbarg.net/lol_que.jpg

siberian khatru
10-05-2010, 10:17 AM

Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

Fumblerooski
10-05-2010, 10:20 AM
If Shawn Smith got fined 10k for ball grabbing, I can't wait to see what the league does to those two for intentional deceit and ass kissing...

beach tribe
10-05-2010, 10:32 AM
I think they are actually right, when he's not flustered, which he gets very easily. When Cassel looks calm, his passes usually are pretty much on the money, but when he gets that nervous look, which is pretty much 90% of the time, he doesn't have the poise to keep his accuracy.

As soon as he gained his poise, his accuracy was dead on.

milkman
10-05-2010, 10:34 AM

I've talked about this before, but Cassel, when he's confident in his decisions, does throw the ball with some zip and accuracy in the short to short intermediate passing game.

His big problem is his inability to make quick reads, thus leading to a lack of confidence.

His "mobility" is a product of his lack of pocket awareness.

He did make plays with his legs in New England, but almost always at times when he would have been better to have remained in the pocket.

Now, we can hope that the plays that Bowe, McCluster, and Moeaki made for him in the passing game against the 9ers leads to a more confident Cassel, which leads to better passes, and more plays from his receivers.

wazu
10-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Cassel had a passer rating of 89.4 the year he played for the Patriots. A completion pct of 63.4. His Yards/Attempt was 7.2, ranking 11th in the league. He rushed for 270 yards and 2 scores. Welker had 111 catches. They went 11-5.

I see no reason to not believe they are being sincere.

milkman
10-05-2010, 10:38 AM
My biggest problem with Cassel is, and always will be, the fact that he needs the talent around him to raise his level of play.

The QB should be a guy who raises the level of play around him.

Deberg_1990
10-05-2010, 10:41 AM
My biggest problem with Cassel is, and always will be, the fact that he needs the talent around him to raise his level of play.

The QB should be a guy who raises the level of play around him.

Kind of like, (dare i say it?) Ummm....Sam Bradford.

TRR
10-05-2010, 10:42 AM
I've talked about this before, but Cassel, when he's confident in his decisions, does throw the ball with some zip and accuracy in the short to short intermediate passing game.

His big problem is his inability to make quick reads, thus leading to a lack of confidence.

His "mobility" is a product of his lack of pocket awareness.

He did make plays with his legs in New England, but almost always at times when he would have been better to have remained in the pocket.

Now, we can hope that the plays that Bowe, McCluster, and Moeaki made for him in the passing game against the 9ers leads to a more confident Cassel, which leads to better passes, and more plays from his receivers.

What play did Bowe make for Cassel?
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
10-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd have to go back and look, but it seems to me he made good play on a poorly thrown ball to convert a third down.

I may be remembering a play from the previous game.

Amnorix
10-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I can say that Cassel was very accurate in short/mid-range passes and had very good armstrength. His ability to connect on the long ball was horrible, however.

Of course, he was playing with some very good players around him, which wasn't the case in KC last year, and the team is still melding together this year. But yeah, armstrength and accuracy were NOT problems in '08.

HemiEd
10-05-2010, 10:59 AM
sec

Yeah, because they both enjoyed the parting gifts he shared with them, after he got his big check.

38yrsfan
10-05-2010, 11:36 AM
They are both right, his strong accuracy allows his presence to come through and that is how he dominates games .......

Reerun_KC
10-05-2010, 11:43 AM
I'd have to go back and look, but it seems to me he made good play on a poorly thrown ball to convert a third down.

I may be remembering a play from the previous game.

Maybe that Bowe ACTUALLY CAUGHT the ball on the TD pass?

Red Dawg
10-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Nobody would look good with our WR's. I'm not saying Matt is good, he's not very good at all but he's not the worst in the league.

Pioli Zombie
10-05-2010, 12:19 PM
"There are 40 qbs in the NFL better than Cassel" - Milkman

Deberg_1990
10-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Nobody would look good with our WR's.

:facepalm:
Are they really that bad? Chambers and Bowe have caught hundreds of balls in the NFL between them. Why has Bowe regressed working with Cassel from where he was with Huard and Thigpen?

Hammock Parties
10-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Nobody would look good with our WR's.

Bowe had 1,000 yards with Huard and Thigpen.

Are they really that bad? Chambers and Bowe have caught hundreds of balls in the NFL between them. Why has Bowe regressed working with Cassel from where he was with Huard and Thigpen?

This.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-05-2010, 12:30 PM
ROFL

This. With a LMAO added for good fucking measure.

suds79
10-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Nobody would look good with our WR's. I'm not saying Matt is good, he's not very good at all but he's not the worst in the league.

Give Phillip Rivers our WRs and Bowe is an all-pro.

QBs make WRs. Are you seriously suggesting that all the great QBs have just been lucky to have good WR cores?

Peyton Manning is making Austin Collie look like an all pro.

Seriously with Peyton all WRs are pretty much interchangeable.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Moeaki made one that is my screen saver right now. Play of the year so far in the NFL AFAIC. In spite of Cassel, certainly not because of him.

Kyle DeLexus
10-05-2010, 12:32 PM

Back after the trade first happened, didn't you rave about Cassel's accuracy? You know, until he actually played a game for us.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Back after the trade first happened, didn't you rave about Cassel's accuracy? You know, until he actually played a game for us.

Yeah, he was a lot more consistently accurate in the short-to-intermediate game with NE.

johnny961
10-05-2010, 01:08 PM
I think they are actually right, when he's not flustered, which he gets very easily. When Cassel looks calm, his passes usually are pretty much on the money, but when he gets that nervous look, which is pretty much 90% of the time, he doesn't have the poise to keep his accuracy.

My sentiments exactly. Cassel's mental game is whats affecting his play, not his physical ability.

Sherlock Holmes
10-05-2010, 01:10 PM
But it's thanks to Cassel

that welker

had a ball at all.

OnTheWarpath15
10-05-2010, 01:37 PM
At least Brady admitted he was guessing.

kepp
10-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Translation: "I really don't know. I just had to play with him for a year or so."

Ebolapox
10-05-2010, 03:45 PM
But it's thanks to Cassel

that welker

had a ball at all.

no shit, sherlock.

LiL stumppy
10-05-2010, 03:45 PM
somehow the biggining of both their quotes was cut ut.. it should say "uhhhhh,wellllll" befor both

CaliforniaChief
10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OEOLwRsQfKg/Sy-IaQF4zuI/AAAAAAAAAHs/qkFy3D2AyQg/s320/opposite+day.jpg

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Cassel had a passer rating of 89.4 the year he played for the Patriots. A completion pct of 63.4. His Yards/Attempt was 7.2, ranking 11th in the league. He rushed for 270 yards and 2 scores. Welker had 111 catches. They went 11-5.

I see no reason to not believe they are being sincere.This. He has a strong arm. His accuracy is certainly in question, but part of that has to fall on his WRs.

Edit: This reminds me of Trent Green when he first got here versus a few years later. Trent was making good throws but our WRs were easily the worst in the league (do you remember the crap we ran out there? Guh) and weren't running good routes, weren't very fast, couldn't really catch, etc. Once KC improved the receiving talent (even marginally), Trent was suddenly a much better passer and didn't have all of the interceptions (recall how much KC fans HATED TrINT, and then LOVED Trent). Trent was throwing the ball to the same spots at the same times but, suddenly, the receivers were actually there. I'm not suggesting that our WRs are anywhere near as bad as those years, and, in fact, I think they're getting much, much better (thanks to guys like DMC and Tony M). Once Cassel gets comfortable with these guys and gets a little more confidence in their ability to be in the right places, make the catches, separate from coverage, etc., he'll "suddenly" be a much better QB. Certainly, a large part of that is on him and his mental state, but some of that also falls on the WRs.

Chief Chief
10-05-2010, 03:53 PM
That last sentence by Brady wasn't about Cassel; it was a compliment for DE Shaun Smith.

Kyle DeLexus
10-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Yeah, he was a lot more consistently accurate in the short-to-intermediate game with NE.

Yep, and I think that's why Brady and Welker both said that. In their system, he was accurate. In ours, he can't a barn.

Definately old teammates overrating him though.

milkman
10-05-2010, 03:59 PM
This. He has a strong arm. His accuracy is certainly in question, but part of that has to fall on his WRs.

Huh?

His arm stength is comparable to Chad Pennington.

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Huh?

His arm stength is comparable to Chad Pennington.I don't believe that at all.

Fritz88
10-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Sarcasm
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
10-05-2010, 04:03 PM

This.

TG had a bigger effect than Huard or Thigpen or Cassel on Bowe's production.

With TG here Bowe was getting pretty much wide open.

Stewie
10-05-2010, 04:21 PM

This.

Bowe can't figure out where to line up at least 3-4 times per game. I think it's a lack of confidence in Bowe rather than Huard/Thigpen throwing the ball in a sandlot game.

Ralphy Boy
10-05-2010, 05:29 PM
This. He has a strong arm. His accuracy is certainly in question, but part of that has to fall on his WRs.

Edit: This reminds me of Trent Green when he first got here versus a few years later. Trent was making good throws but our WRs were easily the worst in the league (do you remember the crap we ran out there? Guh) and weren't running good routes, weren't very fast, couldn't really catch, etc. Once KC improved the receiving talent (even marginally), Trent was suddenly a much better passer and didn't have all of the interceptions (recall how much KC fans HATED TrINT, and then LOVED Trent). Trent was throwing the ball to the same spots at the same times but, suddenly, the receivers were actually there. I'm not suggesting that our WRs are anywhere near as bad as those years, and, in fact, I think they're getting much, much better (thanks to guys like DMC and Tony M). Once Cassel gets comfortable with these guys and gets a little more confidence in their ability to be in the right places, make the catches, separate from coverage, etc., he'll "suddenly" be a much better QB. Certainly, a large part of that is on him and his mental state, but some of that also falls on the WRs.

I made this comparison last year and there is some truth to it, but Green was definitely a better QB AND he got better as the season went on, whereas Cassel got worse while the offense around him got better.

Acknowledgements:
1) Cassel was better in the TD to INT ratio.

2) The things Green had in his favor that Cassel didn't: Gonzalez & Priest (KC's leading receivers that year) who had a combined 135 catches for 1,531 yards. Last year Bowe & Chambers were our leading receivers with 83 catches for 1,189 yards.

Realistically I think that, when comparing the running games that year, its a push. 2,008 yards in 2001 compared to 1,929 in 2009.

Green was a much better QB that season in games we won at 69.6% in completions compared to Cassel's 52.9%. Cassel actually had a higher completion % in losses.

The biggest thing, in my mind, is that Green was a better QB in the second half of the season, whereas Cassel was a better QB in the first half of the season. Cassel should have gotten better once we established a running game, added Chambers and as his sack totals started dropping but instead he got worse. Green got better as the season went on.

Better totals in bold.
1st Half Cassel / Green
Sacks 27 / 17
Completion % over 60 2 / 2
# games QB Rating over 80 3 / 1
# games QB Rating under 80 4 / 7
TD 10 / 8
INT 5 / 13

2nd Half
Sacks 15 / 22
Completion % over 60 2 / 5
# games QB Rating over 80 2 / 4
# games QB Rating under 80 6 / 4
TD 6 / 9
INT 11 / 11

Strictly from looking at those totals, you could make the argument that Green made the conscious decision, around the middle part of the season, to take the sack rather than pressing to make plays, whereas Cassel started pressing to make plays in the second half in an attempt to avoid taking sacks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-05-2010, 06:36 PM

Jeez...

SenselessChiefsFan
10-05-2010, 06:49 PM
I've always thought that Cassel is about average for an NFL starting QB in arm strength. He isn't Favre, but he isn't a 'noodle armed' qb either.

Pete Carroll has said the same things about him as Welker and Brady. I think he has more tools that he gets credit for. He just has to deliver on them during the game. That will be the key.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Then why the hell did he fill out a job application for me ??????

Deberg_1990
12-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Guess Brady and Welker were right.

ChiefMojo
12-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Lol, well played Deberg!

beach tribe
12-28-2010, 09:01 AM

As soon as he gained his poise, his accuracy was dead on.

Ralphy Boy
12-28-2010, 09:27 AM
There are a thousand threads on here with shit I wish I hadn't said, thankfully this isn't one of them.

Chiefshrink
12-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Yeah.......so they made all that shit up.

Nah! I just think it is evidence that Cassel didn't trust what was around him initially the first yr and the first half of this yr but now you see he is trusting his O-line and WRs and is more relaxed and confident thus he has played a helluva alot better in just a short amount of time.

You don't go from not being able to "hit the broadside of a barn" to "threading the needle" in that short amount of time 'unless' there is another factor involved and that factor was not trusting/no confidence in O-line/WRs IMHO.

kcchiefsus
12-28-2010, 09:59 AM
ROFL

You still laughing bitch?

Bob Dole
12-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Hooray for another resurrected thread! Just can't get enough of pointing out statements and conversations that were, in hindsight, a little off the mark. That stuff really makes for a great morning read at times like this when there's not anything positive to discuss! Let's fill the front page with leftover hash!!!

stevieray
12-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Hooray for another resurrected thread! Just can't get enough of pointing out statements and conversations that were, in hindsight, a little off the mark. That stuff really makes for a great morning read at times like this when there's not anything positive to discuss! Let's fill the front page with leftover hash!!!

call me.

Deberg_1990
12-28-2010, 10:16 AM

I agree

Pitt Gorilla
12-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Huh?

His arm stength is comparable to Chad Pennington.Do you actually watch football?

VAChief
12-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Huh?

His arm stength is comparable to Chad Pennington.

Sure, if you let Chad throw from the ladies tees.

B_Ambuehl
12-28-2010, 11:53 AM
The fact that Cassel's performance ebbs and flows so closely in line with his emotions and confidence can also be a great weakness. The Casshole is the type of QB whose emotions are a very quick study - when things are going well they're going well, but when they're going bad they're really going bad. What happens when you throw an INT on the road in the playoffs with 75 K screaming at you? I can guess.

beach tribe
12-28-2010, 11:55 AM
The fact that Cassel's performance ebbs and flows so closely in line with his emotions and confidence can also be a great weakness. The Casshole is the type of QB whose emotions are a very quick study - when things are going well they're going well, but when they're going bad they're really going bad. What happens when you throw an INT on the road in the playoffs with 75 K screaming at you? I can guess.

There has only been one ebb and flow lately, and that's the one where Cassel kicks ass, and makes everyone look stupid.

Ming the Merciless
12-28-2010, 12:15 PM
He's proven a lot. Grbac, he ain't.

aww ****, you gonna make me find a new sig

Brock
12-28-2010, 12:16 PM

Didn't that happen? Seriously, it's time for you to admit your error.

blantyr
12-28-2010, 12:21 PM
sec

It's The Patriot's Way™ No bulletin board material allowed. You praise the other team, say good stuff about them, then take them apart. No taunting, insults or challenges alowed.

Have the Chiefs be leaning the same way? You've taken up a lot of other Patriots stuff.

(Patriots Planet Visitor.)

B_Ambuehl
12-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Cassel threw an interception in St. Louis and came back and made plays.

As much as I'd love to be "right," about Cassel, I'm wrong. And so are you.

He's proven a lot. Grbac, he ain't.

I'm still not sold. He's doing better but it appears to have come at the expense of throwing the ball into coverage. He should have had another easy Int against St. Louis and TWO vs Tenn. Finnegan dropped a very easy int and Cassel threw another one out of his own end zone right into a LBers arms. If those 2 passes are caught the popular opinion on Cassel is likely a little different right now.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-29-2010, 12:32 PM

B_Ambuehl is Tribal's dad. That explains alot.

stevieray
12-29-2010, 12:39 PM
should....If

key words on the road to nowhere...

Pasta Little Brioni
12-29-2010, 12:42 PM
key words on the road to nowhere...

I'm adding 3 more INT's to Vick's total, because he could have thrown 4 picks very easily last night. Also, Brady's streak gets an asterick due to this ground breaking discovery by B_Ambuehl that QB's have passes dropped by defenders.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Cassel threw an interception in St. Louis and came back and made plays.

As much as I'd love to be "right," about Cassel, I'm wrong. And so are you.

He's proven a lot. Grbac, he ain't.While Cassel may not have the downfield passing ability that Grbac possessed, MC has a TON of heart. He's a leader. His teammates love/respect him.

Grbac's teammates loathed him. Thats why he was quick to bolt from the Chiefs and his eventual early retirement from the NFL. He was a gutless turd and too stupid to understand why his teammates didnt like him.

B_Ambuehl
12-29-2010, 12:49 PM
So if those Ints are actually caught are you guys still gonna have Cassels dick rammed down your collective throats just as far? We'll find out eventually and it'll be interesting to see what the general attitude of the board is when that happens. :)

stevieray
12-29-2010, 12:51 PM
if

I'm not stopping and asking for directions!

Brock
12-29-2010, 12:51 PM
So if those Ints are actually caught are you guys still gonna have Cassels dick rammed down your collective throats just as far? We'll find out eventually and it'll be interesting to see what the general attitude of the board is when that happens. :)

what are you going to do if he continues to progress and play well? Admit you're wrong? Well, we all know you won't do that, it has never happened before.

Epic Fail 007
12-29-2010, 12:59 PM
please every qb needs talent around them to do well,i don`t care if any1 disagrees .thats how it is .The fact that most of u keep bashing cassel ur just stupid.im curious if he was black none of u would have a problem with him.sorry its just a fact.And if u say thats not true ur lieing.

B_Ambuehl
12-29-2010, 01:02 PM
I'll have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I admitted I was dead wrong about Huard. I thought the guy would look like Cassel last year (and most of this year), but he played good football from snap 1. I'm not as sold as most here because I realize Cassel has a lot of things in his favor from a schematic perspective that won't stay that way. He also continues to make about 2 or 3 really bad throws per game right into coverage that seem to be mostly a result of his lack of field vision, which I have thought from day 1 is his biggest detriment and something that you either have or dont. His mechanics look better. He looks more confident. I just don't trust him when things get chaotic.

Lex Luthor
12-29-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm still not sold. He's doing better but it appears to have come at the expense of throwing the ball into coverage. He should have had another easy Int against St. Louis and TWO vs Tenn. Finnegan dropped a very easy int and Cassel threw another one out of his own end zone right into a LBers arms. If those 2 passes are caught the popular opinion on Cassel is likely a little different right now.

I like the way Stephen King summed up this kind of thinking in Thinner (http://www.amazon.com/Thinner-Signet-Stephen-King/dp/0451161343/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1293648930&sr=1-1): "If you don't see it and you don't believe it, you're a skeptic. But if you see it and you refuse to believe it, you're an asshole".

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-29-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm not stopping and asking for directions!

ROFL

DaWolf
12-29-2010, 04:04 PM
I think the only QB in the NFL who doesn't have a few bad throws per game is probably Tom Brady.

I think if one expects Cassel to be a Tom Brady or Joe Montana back there, there will always be disappointment. But right now, dude is playing very well at that position, which is all I've ever expected out of him. He's due for a stinker of a game, and I figure the ripping will begin anew once that happens, but I think every QB in the league outside of, again maybe Tom Brady, has games like that so it won't erase what he's been able to do. If it does come, hopefully it's against the Raiders and not in the playoffs.

I was hoping dude would perform to an acceptable level with a better supporting cast and a full season with a dedicated OC, and he has come through...

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2010, 04:09 PM
please every qb needs talent around them to do well,i don`t care if any1 disagrees .thats how it is .The fact that most of u keep bashing cassel ur just stupid.im curious if he was black none of u would have a problem with him.sorry its just a fact.And if u say thats not true ur lieing.

Please don't reproduce.

morphius
12-29-2010, 04:36 PM
How the heck did you bring race into this debate? That is a serious R E A C H there.

Hootie
12-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Brady hasn't really had to make a tough throw this entire season...and neither has Cassel, really...

both having great years (especially sir Tom)...but both offenses are designed to not make tough, risky throws.

It's true...just watch.

Pape
12-29-2010, 05:29 PM
I'll have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I admitted I was dead wrong about Huard. I thought the guy would look like Cassel last year (and most of this year), but he played good football from snap 1. I'm not as sold as most here because I realize Cassel has a lot of things in his favor from a schematic perspective that won't stay that way. He also continues to make about 2 or 3 really bad throws per game right into coverage that seem to be mostly a result of his lack of field vision, which I have thought from day 1 is his biggest detriment and something that you either have or dont. His mechanics look better. He looks more confident. I just don't trust him when things get chaotic.

ive seen these same arguments before, way back in 2001. Except insteqad of being about Cassel and anybody, they were about a 2nd year qb named Tom Brady and veteran QB Drew Bledsoe.

You remind me of a bledsoe supporter. Couldnt see the truth while it was staring him in the face.

Just Passin' By
12-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Brady hasn't really had to make a tough throw this entire season...and neither has Cassel, really...

both having great years (especially sir Tom)...but both offenses are designed to not make tough, risky throws.

It's true...just watch.

When it comes to Brady, you really are foolish.

Hootie
12-29-2010, 06:03 PM
When it comes to Brady, you really are foolish.

why?

him and Cassel are doing very similar things this season

the only thing they do different is the Chiefs utilize the run and the Pats utilize the short pass as a secondary running game...

they take about as many shots as the Chiefs

Brady is great...he is the best QB in the NFL this season...

but the "no INT's in 10 games" isn't as impressive as say Peyton Manning doing it since he has to execute a tougher passing game.

Pape
12-29-2010, 06:15 PM
why?
but the "no INT's in 10 games" isn't as impressive as say Peyton Manning doing it since he has to execute a tougher passing game.

except Peyton isnt doing it. and he has never done it.

keg in kc
12-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Heh, he's still trying to convince people that Brady isn't as good as Manning.

Good luck with that one.

Epic Fail 007
12-29-2010, 06:53 PM
if cassel was black none would be bashing him.hell all u vick idiot fans suppot him .a highly inaccurate aver qb.don`t gimmie the crap look what hes doing now.fact is give him c recievers and would see the same bs when he was in atlanta.

Tactical Funky
12-29-2010, 07:14 PM
if cassel was black none would be bashing him.hell all u vick idiot fans suppot him .a highly inaccurate aver qb.don`t gimmie the crap look what hes doing now.fact is give him c recievers and would see the same bs when he was in atlanta.

http://www.tabloidprodigy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Antoine-Dodson-Dumb.gif

KcMizzou
12-29-2010, 07:25 PM
if cassel was black none would be bashing him.hell all u vick idiot fans suppot him .a highly inaccurate aver qb.don`t gimmie the crap look what hes doing now.fact is give him c recievers and would see the same bs when he was in atlanta.LMAO

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm still not sold. He's doing better but it appears to have come at the expense of throwing the ball into coverage. He should have had another easy Int against St. Louis and TWO vs Tenn. Finnegan dropped a very easy int and Cassel threw another one out of his own end zone right into a LBers arms. If those 2 passes are caught the popular opinion on Cassel is likely a little different right now.And you can still fuck off and die. ALL QBs have potential INTs dropped a couple times a game. Did you watch Brees Monday? How about Vick last night?

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Huh?

His arm stength is comparable to Chad Pennington.I missed this then and I'd have to disagree.

johnny961
12-29-2010, 07:47 PM
And you can still **** off and die. ALL QBs have potential INTs dropped a couple times a game. Did you watch Brees Monday? How about Vick last night?

Very right. This guy's arguments are totally baseless. If "almost picks" counted I'd like to see some of those "almost picks" stats from some of the so called elite QB's in the league, past and present. Even the best make an errant throw a few times per game. And I'm also going to venture out on a limb and say that some of the best QB's in the league are considered the best at least partly because they're confident enough to make whats considered a risky throw at times. Even if it means getting bit in the ass occasionally for doing so.

Shogun
12-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Could this have just been (the drought) him adjusting to two new offenses? Maybe they were right all along

-King-
12-29-2010, 08:52 PM

I'm just glad he isn't chinese, then I'd really lay into him.

Shogun
12-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Has their ever been a pure asian QB EVER? lololol

milkman
12-29-2010, 09:48 PM
I missed this then and I'd have to disagree.

With the improved mechanics his arm strength has increased substantially.

OnTheWarpath15
12-29-2010, 09:50 PM
With the improved mechanics his arm strength has increased substantially.

Yep.

Arm strength usually improves when, you know, you actually step into the throw.

Dude's been MUCH better in that regard.

Ebolapox
12-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Has their ever been a pure asian QB EVER? lololol

timmy chang. heh.

Just Passin' By
12-29-2010, 11:46 PM
why?

him and Cassel are doing very similar things this season

the only thing they do different is the Chiefs utilize the run and the Pats utilize the short pass as a secondary running game...

they take about as many shots as the Chiefs

Brady is great...he is the best QB in the NFL this season...

Check out Football Outsiders from last season:

http://footballoutsiders.com/player/15472/tom-brady

http://footballoutsiders.com/player/16426/peyton-manning

Notice that Manning went deep a bit more than did Brady (11% to 9%), but Brady threw bombs at a higher percentage (6% to 5%).

Your arguments simply don't wash.

Also, Manning executes a much simpler passing game than what Brady runs. Manning runs a passing game based upon pure timing routes, while Brady is running a system that requires multiple adjustment reads by both the QB and the receiving corps. It also changes on a game-by-game basis, depending upon the opponent, in a way that the Colts offense does not.

BossChief
12-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Yep.

Arm strength usually improves when, you know, you actually step into the throw.

Dude's been MUCH better in that regard.

and that is a byproduct of trusting your protection and your target more times than not.

Hootie
12-30-2010, 01:31 AM
Check out Football Outsiders from last season:

http://footballoutsiders.com/player/15472/tom-brady

http://footballoutsiders.com/player/16426/peyton-manning

Notice that Manning went deep a bit more than did Brady (11% to 9%), but Brady threw bombs at a higher percentage (6% to 5%).

Your arguments simply don't wash.

Also, Manning executes a much simpler passing game than what Brady runs. Manning runs a passing game based upon pure timing routes, while Brady is running a system that requires multiple adjustment reads by both the QB and the receiving corps. It also changes on a game-by-game basis, depending upon the opponent, in a way that the Colts offense does not.

I don't know what those links show me...I don't use that site...

and Peyton doesn't throw a lot of bombs...but he throws a lot more passes that travel 10+ yards than Brady...

and if you can find me a link that says otherwise this year then I guess I am wrong...

I watch more Colts games than Patriots games...just going off of what I've seen from the 5 Patriots games (or so) I've seen this year.

and again...I have said a number of times that Brady has been the best QB in the NFL this year.

Hootie
12-30-2010, 01:31 AM
but as Patriots fans...

I'm thinking (and I know you all won't admit it) the Colts fear you more than anyone in the playoffs.

CHIEF4EVER
12-30-2010, 02:45 AM

Wow.

Just Passin' By
12-30-2010, 02:52 AM
but as Patriots fans...

I'm thinking (and I know you all won't admit it) the Colts fear you more than anyone in the playoffs.

I assume you mean that, as Patriots fans, we fear the Colts more than anyone else in the playoffs. Sorry, but you're not even close. The Ravens concern me much more than the Colts. In fact, if you were to rank the 5 potential opponents, the Colts would slot in at #4:

Ravens
Steelers
Jets
Colts
Chiefs

And the only reason the Chiefs are below the Colts is because I don't think they are really ready for what's coming. Manning is 9-9 in the playoffs, and Polian got the rule for illegal contact changed, for a reason, after all, and it's not because Manning handles postseason pressure brilliantly and can ad lib when things go off script.

Hootie
12-30-2010, 03:41 AM
lololololol

ok dude

you're a real smart guy

glad the Jets scare you more than the Colts

hahahahahaahahahaha

Redcoats58
12-30-2010, 04:23 AM
http://www.tabloidprodigy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Antoine-Dodson-Dumb.gif

Hide your keyboard,
Hide your mouse,
And hide the 'planet cause he's raping every thread out here!

JD10367
12-30-2010, 11:37 AM

And they wonder why the Japanese are kicking our ass economically.

JD10367
12-30-2010, 11:42 AM
I assume you mean that, as Patriots fans, we fear the Colts more than anyone else in the playoffs. Sorry, but you're not even close. The Ravens concern me much more than the Colts. In fact, if you were to rank the 5 potential opponents, the Colts would slot in at #4:

Ravens
Steelers
Jets
Colts
Chiefs

And the only reason the Chiefs are below the Colts is because I don't think they are really ready for what's coming. Manning is 9-9 in the playoffs, and Polian got the rule for illegal contact changed, for a reason, after all, and it's not because Manning handles postseason pressure brilliantly and can ad lib when things go off script.

As a Patriots fan, my list of least to most desirable opponent is thus:

1.) Ravens. They're the last team to wallop the Pats in the playoffs, and at Gillette. Yeah, it was because of some horrible run D right off the bat and some turnovers and whatnot, and that probably won't happen again. Bottom line, though, is that the Ravens probably feel pretty cocky about coming to Gillette.

2.) Colts. And they only get this nod over the Chiefs because of Manning.

3.) Chiefs. Because, while it's an advantage that Belichick knows Weis and Crennel and Cassel so well, it's a disadvantage that they know him so well. And the Chiefs can clock-control and keep Brady on the bench.

4.) Steelers. The scrambling ability of Rapelisberger should give the Steelers more of a chance against the Pats. But, ultimately, the Steelers have rarely shown to be a problem for the Pats. I think Belichick is in Pittsburgh's head.

5.) Jets. They're like little yappy dogs. Belichick will give Dirty Sanchez a swift kick and the Jets will go down quicker than Rex Ryan on his wife's toes.