PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Indy Colts injury watch...

petegz28
10-05-2010, 07:25 PM
hmm, I know it is early in the week but things could fall in our favor here..

Updated Wednesday
Adai, knee,practiced
Donald Brown, hamstring, did not practice
Garcon, hamstring, practiced
Charlie Johnson, foot, practiced
Jamey Richard, shoulder, practiced
Collie, heel, did not practice
Bethea, hamstring, did not practice
Wayne, knee, did not practice

Those are the notables anyway. Would be nice if Garcon, Adai and Brown are all playing on sore hammy's and knees. Maybe the Jags beat them up pretty good for us?

-King-
10-05-2010, 07:27 PM
You've been making a lot of threads lately...

Mr_Tomahawk
10-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Fuck it...if we are going to beat them...I want to beat them when they are healthy. Otherwise all you will hear is that we beat them with them missing some of their playmakers...

petegz28
10-05-2010, 07:28 PM
You've been making a lot of threads lately...

bored. been sick and sleeping all day. no football on tv.

Simply Red
10-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Peter is a close friend, Keep on keepin' on, Peter.

PS:
-Call me.

petegz28
10-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Peter is a close friend, Keep on keepin' on, Peter.

PS:
-Call me.

What does you want me to call you??? :D

petegz28
10-05-2010, 07:31 PM
By the same token the Chiefs injury list looks like this...

No injuries to report

RealSNR
10-05-2010, 07:31 PM
I would feel cheap if we beat the Colts without Manning at QB.

I don't give a shit about these other pukes on the sideline.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-05-2010, 07:38 PM
hmm, I know it is early in the week but things could fall in our favor here..

Adai, knee, did not practice, questionable
Donald Brown, hamstring, did not practice, questionable
Garcon, hamstring, did not practice, questionable
Charlie Johnson, foot, did not practice, questionable
Jamey Richard, shoulder, did not pracice, questionable
Collie, heel, practiced, probable

Those are the notables anyway. Would be nice if Garcon, Adai and Brown are all playing on sore hammy's and knees. Maybe the Jags beat them up pretty good for us?

The Jags game was a division rival and is always physical. I imagine they are pretty banged up.

The Chiefs are coming off a bye. I think it is a good thing, but I worry about them being a little rusty. Plus, with only a week to prepare, the players are much more single mindedly focused during practice.

Not to mention all the positive press the Chiefs are getting. I just hope they have stayed hungry over the last two weeks.

petegz28
10-05-2010, 07:44 PM
The Jags game was a division rival and is always physical. I imagine they are pretty banged up.

The Chiefs are coming off a bye. I think it is a good thing, but I worry about them being a little rusty. Plus, with only a week to prepare, the players are much more single mindedly focused during practice.

Not to mention all the positive press the Chiefs are getting. I just hope they have stayed hungry over the last two weeks.

You're right except we are going to play Peyton. I think that gets a team up to play regardless. The rusty part however might show early but if we keep it close, the fresh legs, particularly if we are running the ball well, should pay off in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

DaneMcCloud
10-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Fuck it...if we are going to beat them...I want to beat them when they are healthy. Otherwise all you will hear is that we beat them with them missing some of their playmakers...

Who gives a shit?

A win's a win.

I'd much rather see the Chiefs 4-0 than 3-1 and injuries are part of the game.

If you can't take the "media", turn off the TV and stop reading online articles.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-05-2010, 07:46 PM

Don't worry Mr. sensible, our coaching staff is fucking awesome !

petegz28
10-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Don't worry Mr. sensible, our coaching staff is ****ing awesome !

I think we have a good staff that knows how to manage winning and keep a team in a good mindset. That being said, the Chiefs are going to have to learn how to play with the hype around them if they want to be a winning team.

petegz28
10-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Well, I totally jumped the gun on this thread. This was week 4's inury list. Ok, I know, boneheaded thread now. The bye has just thrown me off.

Nonetheless we know hammy's don't heal in a week so hopefully those injuries continue to nag away.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Well, I totally jumped the gun on this thread. This was week 4's inury list. Ok, I know, boneheaded thread now. The bye has just thrown me off.

lol. I hope Garcon sits.

Bob Dole
10-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Bob Dole just hopes our D has finally figured out that 44 is an eligible receiver...

petegz28
10-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Bob Dole just hopes our D has finally figured out that 44 is an eligible receiver...

This would be nice. We did eventually figure it out with Gates and it really showed on the last drive of the game, especially the last play.

Methinks Crennel knows 44's tricks.

Stinger
10-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Until they post it on Wed. there is this.....

Colts Announce Roster News
Indianapolis Colts safety Melvin Bullitt will undergo shoulder surgery for the injury he incurred at Jacksonville, and he will be placed on injured reserve, the Colts announced on Tuesday. Running back Devin Moore also will be placed on injured reserve with a brachial plexus injury suffered at Jacksonville.

Linebacker Kavell Conner, who underwent recent surgery for a fractured foot, will be out this week against Kansas City. Wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez continues rehabilitating an ankle injury and will be out this week. Defensive back Bob Sanders (biceps) will be out this week.

The club also has released defensive tackle Mitch King from the active roster and wide receiver Alric Arnett from the practice squad. The club has activated defensive back Mike Newton from the practice squad and has signed free agent defensive back Aaron Francisco and wide receiver Kenneth Moore.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=b47e2467-cccd-455c-9385-342b448d17e6

Stryker
10-05-2010, 08:44 PM
All I want to see is Hali slamming Manning to the turf as well as Dorsey applying pressure. The rest should take care of itself.

petegz28
10-06-2010, 07:36 PM
updated the list with noteables.....

Additions to the list were Wayne, Bethea who did not practice. Garcon did practice.

Freeney did not practice but they said it was to give him a rest

petegz28
10-06-2010, 07:41 PM
On the Chiefs side TJ had limited practice, O'callaghan did not practice

FAX
10-06-2010, 07:45 PM
A question for the intelligent and informed ...

Overall, as a team, are the Mannings fairly middle aged, aging, or what? They seemed to ... I don't know ... be sucking a little air in the Jags game. Especially later in the game. I don't follow their franchise at all, so I have no idea, but they appeared to slow down in the latter stages of that deal ... compared to their competition, I mean.

FAX

DBOSHO
10-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Id rather lose to a healthy colts team than beat an injured colts team.

Chief Chief
10-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Here's an addition to the Colts' injury list AFTER we play them:

OT Ryan Diem, severely smashed pair of balls, did not uncurl from the fetal position let alone practice

KcMizzou
10-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Id rather lose to a healthy colts team than beat an injured colts team.WTF? That's the dumbest thing I've read all day.

When is a loss ever preferable to a win?

ElGringo
10-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Injury list pregame: irrelevant,
Injury list postgame: the colts, out

-King-
10-06-2010, 08:21 PM

Um...you're on your own there brah.

As a matter of fact, thats probably the dumbest fucking I've read on this board in sometime. And that's saying A LOT.

BossChief
10-06-2010, 08:23 PM
"The club also has released defensive tackle Mitch King"

Yes, please.

Groves
10-06-2010, 08:25 PM
When is a loss ever preferable to a win?

When the winning team gets fed to a hungry dragon?

SenselessChiefsFan
10-06-2010, 08:26 PM

I understand the point, but other teams won't care if the Chiefs have injuries. The reality is that there are 16 games. A win is a win. It isn't like they are shipping in players from a local middle school. They will have NFL talent on the field when the Chiefs play them.

KcMizzou
10-06-2010, 08:26 PM
When the winning team gets fed to a hungry dragon?I hadn't considered that possibility.

DBOSHO
10-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Um...you're on your own there brah.

As a matter of fact, thats probably the dumbest ****ing I've read on this board in sometime. And that's saying A LOT.

Thats fine with me. If we have to rely on a team having half its players out to win, then thats a shame. Good teams dont need their opponents best weapons hurt to win.

petegz28
10-06-2010, 08:35 PM

Well that's just ignorant pride speaking there. A win is a win is a win.

-King-
10-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Thats fine with me. If we have to rely on a team having half its players out to win, then thats a shame. Good teams dont need their opponents best weapons hurt to win.

Who the fuck said we need them hurt?

A win is a win is a win. I don't care if you win against a team full of cripples. I don't care if you win over the healthiest team of all time. To quote Al Davis, "Just win baby".

DBOSHO
10-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Who the **** said we need them hurt?

A win is a win is a win. I don't care if you win against a team full of cripples. I don't care if you win over the healthiest team of all time. To quote Al Davis, "Just win baby".

Fair enough. Thats your opinion and youre certainly entitled to it.

grandllama
10-06-2010, 08:48 PM
A question for the intelligent and informed ...

Overall, as a team, are the Mannings fairly middle aged, aging, or what? They seemed to ... I don't know ... be sucking a little air in the Jags game. Especially later in the game. I don't follow their franchise at all, so I have no idea, but they appeared to slow down in the latter stages of that deal ... compared to their competition, I mean.

FAX

They are aging and on the wrong side of the bell curve... I compared them last week to the Chiefs during the last desperate gasps of King Carl. You can literally see them aging and slowing down during the season... With the exception of the receiving corp (and lets face it, Manning could make me look like an All Pro) there doesn't seem to be any talent coming up in the pipe to adequately rest / replace the old timers when they get dinged. I know Pollian is considered one of the top, if not the best, GM's in the game, but I think his disbelief in the aging process will be his undoing here in Indy.

Also, our sports folks have commented that there is a strange vibe in the locker room this year too... almost like they can feel a 'Monday Night Meltdown' coming at sometime this season. Again, like the last desperate days of the King, there are some tremendous ego's in that locker room and some finger pointing is already taking place in regards to the obvious chinks in the armor.

Age and ego have been the downfall of many mighty teams in the NFL. I truly believe the Colts are next.

KChiefs1
10-06-2010, 09:39 PM
The club also has released defensive tackle Mitch King from the active roster...

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=b47e2467-cccd-455c-9385-342b448d17e6

With Pioli's connections to Iowa & Ferentz, it wouldn't surprise me to see him make a visit to KC.

KCrockaholic
10-06-2010, 10:19 PM

Don't be fuckin dumb. A win is a win, and with the last 3 years we've had WE should take anything given to us.