PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mike Sims Walker anyone?

pr_capone
10-06-2010, 12:51 AM
With Chambers sucking a big fat chilli dog so far this season, what say you to Sims-Walker in KC?

WR Mike Sims-Walker was blanked in the first game by Denver's Champ Bailey, but he got 12 catches in the next two games, including 10 catches against the Chargers. He was then blanked again against the Colts, and he no longer appears to be in the team's long-range plans. He led the league in catches last year with 63, but he's not a true No. 1 receiver. He has trouble beating press coverage off the line of scrimmage.

The guy is young and has plenty of upside. In 14 starts last season he gained 869 yards with 7 TD.

KC fans should be familiar with the guy... he torched us for 147 yards and a TD last season.

4th rd pick?

blazzin311
10-06-2010, 12:54 AM
With Chambers sucking a big fat chilli dog so far this season, what say you to Sims-Walker in KC?

The guy is young and has plenty of upside. In 14 starts last season he gained 869 yards with 7 TD.

KC fans should be familiar with the guy... he torched us for 147 yards and a TD last season.

4th rd pick?

If he wasn't an exact clone of D. Bowe I'd say sure but they're pretty much the same player if I'm not mistaken...then again what do I know.

Shogun
10-06-2010, 12:55 AM
I wouldn't hate the idea. But I'd rather wait a few more games to put the nail in Chambers coffin. He's a smart guy.

redngold85
10-06-2010, 01:02 AM
he's been pretty non-existent so far this year with Garrard at QB...I'm wondering how much, if any, improvement there would be with Cassel at QB

although he is pretty much the only legitimate option in Jax, so he could maybe benefit from lining up opposite Bowe

patteeu
10-06-2010, 01:36 AM
I'm not in a hurry to trade draft picks for anyone at this point, particularly after the early returns on the Chiefs' last draft.

Hootie
10-06-2010, 01:58 AM
why would we want a Chris Chambers and Dwayne Bowe clone?

blazzin311
10-06-2010, 02:42 AM

He's more of a D. Bowe clone than anything. Chambers is probably a better deep threat than the both of them if only because he has more speed. As far as catching the ball Bowe (as long as he keeps his head out of his ass) and Sims-Walker are probably ahead of Chambers a bit.

Micjones
10-06-2010, 02:56 AM
Sims-Walker would look nice in a Chiefs uni.
Chambers has been the invisible man this season.
I definitely think we need to do something THIS year to try and upgrade the position. Bowe and Chambers have mostly been absent for picture day.

blazzin311
10-06-2010, 04:27 AM
Sims-Walker would look nice in a Chiefs uni.
Chambers has been the invisible man this season.
I definitely think we need to do something THIS year to try and upgrade the position. Bowe and Chambers have mostly been absent for picture day.

Yeah, don't get me wrong about Walker. I'm not saying I don't like the guy. I do. In fact I think he's a pretty good receiver to be honest. I think I'd rather have him over Bowe and Chambers at this point. To me though to have Sims-Walker and Bowe/ Chambers their kind of mirror images of eachother as far a receivers go. He seems to be more consistent than either Bowe or Chambers though. Bowe I feel has the most upside of all of them. He's the most athletic I think. Talent has never been Bowe's problem. His major malfunction is that he's a bit of a headcase and for that very reason he's been unable to live up to expectations. Regardless I do however agree the Chiefs do need to upgrade the position. A true number one receiver with either Bowe or Sims-Walker on the other side and McCluster in the slot would be dynamite. Then again there's the fact the Chiefs need a competent QB to get the ball to the receivers anyhow. I don't I guess I'm just ranting really.

-King-
10-06-2010, 07:18 AM

He's more of a D. Bowe clone than anything. Chambers is probably a better deep threat than the both of them if only because he has more speed. As far as catching the ball Bowe (as long as he keeps his head out of his ass) and Sims-Walker are probably ahead of Chambers a bit.

:spock: How is Mike Sims-Walker anything like Chambers or Bowe? The dude runs a 4.35 and is a deep threat unlike Chambers or Bowe.

blazzin311
10-06-2010, 07:23 AM
:spock: How is Mike Sims-Walker anything like Chambers or Bowe? The dude runs a 4.35 and is a deep threat unlike Chambers or Bowe.

He just flat out looks slow when you watch him on tape. He doesn't look like he runs 4.35. Maybe he does, but it doesn't appear that way on game tape. Like I said I wasn't knocking the guy, but on tape I don't see much of a difference between him or D. Bowe at this point other than the fact that D. Bowe isn't nearly as consistent as Sims-Walker. Neither of them are number one receivers though. Then again maybe 2 almost number one receivers would be adequate enough with the weapons the Chiefs already have to form a potent enough offense for whomever is throwing the ball. At this point however he (Sims-Walker) is the better receiver between the 3 of them even if only because he's more consistent than any of the 3....hands down.

Chiefs=Champions
10-06-2010, 07:23 AM

this

Reerun_KC
10-06-2010, 07:26 AM
He just flat out looks slow when you watch him on tape. He doesn't look like he runs 4.35. Maybe he does, but it doesn't appear that way on game tape. Like I said I wasn't knocking the guy, but on tape I don't see much of a difference between him or D. Bowe at this point. At this point however he is the better receiver between the 3 of them....hands down.

You have access to coaches tape?

Chiefs=Champions
10-06-2010, 07:33 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OsOj6Jh6sN0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OsOj6Jh6sN0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

dosnt seem to play any way like Bowe....

dallaschiefsfan
10-06-2010, 07:47 AM
This would be a good move, except like someone else said...I doubt he'd look any better w/ our QB. Anyone know his contract situation? If I'm thinking right, his contract would go longer than both Chambers and Bowe's...so he becomes a natural longer term solution along w/ a future draft pick to upgrade the position. I don't see Bowe on this team after his contract unless something radical changes...and I certainly don't see Chambers on the team beyond current contract. Having said all that, I wouldn't give up anything higher than a 5th for the guy.

blazzin311
10-06-2010, 07:48 AM

No. I never said I did though. I just said when I've watched him on tape (live gameplay rather) he doesn't appear like a 4.35 burner which is ideally someone I'd want opposite of Bowe, or if the Chiefs had Sims-Walker I'd want a burner opposite of him. Bowe and Sims-Walker are much alike in the fact that their big Physical receivers who are athletic, can run, and catch the ball. That's all I meant by they seem much the same to me. Are they the exact same wideout...no. I do however see some similiarities in their games though.

Zaiko
10-06-2010, 07:49 AM
At 1:25 he didn't complete the process of the catch!!

Oh, and I'd love to have Bowe back after his contract, but not as a #1

Ceej
10-06-2010, 07:52 AM
I wonder if his lack of production may not be attributed to DG's lack of consistency. Dude's been up and down all year.

blazzin311
10-06-2010, 07:58 AM
I wonder if his lack of production may not be attributed to DG's lack of consistency. Dude's been up and down all year.

I'd almost surely attribute his lack of production to Garrard's inaccuracy. Maybe the fact that Jax. doesn't have any weapons that should really scare any of their opponents outside of Sims-Walker and Jones-Drew. If opposing defenses hold those two in check who else on the Jags. is really gonna beat ya? I mean Mike Thomas and Mercedes Lewis can each catch, but they're not that great. Time will tell how good they can become, but right now they're certainly not world beaters. Probably a combination of those two things are why Sims-Walker hasn't done as much this year to this point as last year.

Ceej
10-06-2010, 08:01 AM
I'd almost surely attribute his lack of production to Garrard's inaccuracy. Maybe the fact that Jax. doesn't have any weapons that should really scare any of their opponents outside of Sims-Walker and Jones-Drew. If opposing defenses hold those two in check who else on the Jags. is really gonna beat ya? I mean Mike Thomas and Mercedes Lewis can each catch, but they're not that great. Time will tell how good they can become, but right now they're certainly not world beaters. Probably a combination of those two things are why Sims-Walker hasn't done as much this year to this point as last year.

Well, this has made the debate that much more interesting. Potentially trading for MSW to have him play for our not-so-accurate QB.

Dude's on my FF team and he's been killin' me. I picked up B-Lloyd, even though I swore to myself not to root for any Broncos, EVER.

blazzin311
10-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Well, this has made the debate that much more interesting. Potentially trading for MSW to have him play for our not-so-accurate QB.

Dude's on my FF team and he's been killin' me. I picked up B-Lloyd, even though I swore to myself not to root for any Broncos, EVER.

It's kind of a catch 22 really. Sure Sims-Walker would upgrade the receiving corps a great deal, but until the Chiefs have a competent QB behind center it probably wouldn't matter as much anyhow. Would Cassel's numbers be better...most likely they would but it still woudn't make him a great QB in my opinion. I hope he proves me wrong and lucky for him he'll have the rest of the year whether we as fans like it or not to prove all of us wrong. If he hasn't done so by the end of the year the Chiefs will probably draft one of the top 3 QBs in the draft I'd imagine.

Also don't feel bad...I can definitely relate. On one of my pay leagues I have Eddie Royal and I try to make a habit of not picking up Broncos or Raiders if I can help it. Chargers players I don't neccessarily mind when it comes to fantasy footbally though. Probably because they usually seem to produce.

Lzen
10-06-2010, 08:35 AM
He might be a decent short term option. However, I would be a bit apprehensive about a WR who has been blanked in 2 out of 4 games. WTH? In the long run, we are still going to need a #1 WR option and I'm not convinced Bowe is that. Of course, as many have said our QB position doesn't help that, either.

Chiefshrink
10-06-2010, 08:38 AM
If he wasn't an exact clone of D. Bowe I'd say sure but they're pretty much the same player if I'm not mistaken...then again what do I know.

Nothing personal here but you don't know much about Sims-Walker. This is a bad Mofo that "catches" the ball and is a playmaker that still is somewhat under the radar. This guy is a playmaker. I picked him up last yr when I was needing a WR that was a No.1 on some team. I wasn't crazy about looking at the Jags but noticed in the beginning of last season that SW was Garrard's favorite to go to and was averaging 6-10 recpts and around 100yds a game along with getting TD's. At the end of last fantasy season he was my best and consistent producer.

I'd pick him up in a heartbeat.:thumb:

Ceej
10-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Nothing personal here but you don't know much about Sims-Walker. This is a bad Mofo that "catches" the ball and is a playmaker that still is somewhat under the radar. This guy is a playmaker. I picked him up last yr when I was needing a WR that was a No.1 on some team. I wasn't crazy about looking at the Jags but noticed in the beginning of last season that SW was Garrard's favorite to go to and was averaging 6-10 recpts and around 100yds a game along with getting TD's. At the end of last fantasy season he was my best and consistent producer.

I'm not sure how FFL and the actually NFL are relative. I mean, do you get points per blocks too? Playing WR in the NFL is much more about how fast you can run, how many receptions you have, etc.

Chiefshrink
10-06-2010, 08:40 AM

4th rd pick?

Thankyou!!!!

Chiefshrink
10-06-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm not sure how FFL and the actually NFL are relative. I mean, do you get points per blocks too? Playing WR in the NFL is much more about how fast you can run, how many receptions you have, etc.

Do you have a problem with 6-10 rec a game with a TD in the majority of games with "flytrap" hands who is a big reciever? I have seen alot of clips on this guy and very few can guard him.

blazzin311
10-06-2010, 08:44 AM

I know a bit more about him than you may think. I saw him light it up early last year and followed a lot of his games since. I grabbed him off waiver wire in fantasy football last season after his first hundred yard game (I think it was in week 2 or 3 of last season). So in that sense I've been a fan and have seen him play alot (obviously not in person) but on tv anyhow. I'm kinda in the same boat as you in that I picked him up early last season as well and was able to reap the rewards for doing so. He did wonders for my team too.

Ceej
10-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Do you have a problem with 6-10 rec a game with a TD in the majority of games with "flytrap" hands who is a big reciever? I have seen alot of clips on this guy and very few can guard him.

You're missing the point. You're basing everything you know off of fantasy football.

And apparently he can be guarded since he's been blanked in 2 out of 4 games. But, it also has some to do with DG's inconsistencies.

King_Chief_Fan
10-06-2010, 08:46 AM

4th rd pick?

I don't understand the need to have someone to throw to when you don't have anyone who can throw......I am still about getting QB.

blazzin311
10-06-2010, 08:58 AM
I don't understand the need to have someone to throw to when you don't have anyone who can throw......I am still about getting QB.

Agreed. It's really a moot point until some one adequate is behind center.

The Franchise
10-06-2010, 09:23 AM
lol how is he a D-Bowe clone?

DBOSHO
10-06-2010, 09:25 AM
lol how is he a D-Bowe clone?

Similar size(maybe thicker) doesnt have blazing speed and is primarily a posession reciever

The Franchise
10-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Similar size(maybe thicker) doesnt have blazing speed and is primarily a posession reciever

ROFL

ModSocks
10-06-2010, 09:33 AM
The real question should be whether or not we want Sims-walker or a 1st rnd draft pick WR.

The Franchise
10-06-2010, 09:34 AM
The only thing that is similar about Sims-Walker and Bowe.....are that neither of them are a true #1 WR.

pr_capone
10-06-2010, 09:58 AM

And getting Sims-Walker would affect our getting a QB with the #1 pick next season how?

I don't see the Jags getting anything more than a 4th for him... especially with Moss going back to the Vikes for a 3rd.

Lzen
10-06-2010, 09:59 AM

Well, I think you need a new calculator.

63 receptions / 14 games = 4.5 rec. per game
7 TDs / 14 games = .5 TDs per game
869 / 14 = 62 yards per game

Just sayin.

Lzen
10-06-2010, 10:02 AM
And getting Sims-Walker would affect our getting a QB with the #1 pick next season how?

I don't see the Jags getting anything more than a 4th for him... especially with Moss going back to the Vikes for a 3rd.

We're 3-0 and you still think we're gonna have the worst record in the league? Or by #1 pick did you simply mean our 1st round pick? Not the #1 overall?

pr_capone
10-06-2010, 10:04 AM
We're 3-0 and you still think we're gonna have the worst record in the league? Or by #1 pick did you simply mean our 1st round pick? Not the #1 overall?

Just our 1st... sorry for the confusion.

Chiefshrink
10-06-2010, 10:05 AM
The only thing that is similar about Sims-Walker and Bowe.....are that neither of them are a true #1 WR.

Respectfully disagree and would say SW is a true No.1 and is ahead of Bowe in development at this point and if Bowe would do something about his ADD and focus(Maturity) he would actually catch the ball and run better routes. Bowe also is a true "potential" No.1 at this point but has not been consistent enough to be called a true No.1.

The questions remain: How long will Haley wait for Bowe to mature?

Does Haley see Cassel's inaccuracy problems as a lack of confidence in the O-line and still sufferring "happy feet" from last yr thus he will assume Cassel's accuracy will improve over time as the O-line plays better this yr?(this is my guess as to what Haley is thinking about Cassel)

To "blazin's" point and post earlier when all you have is a No.1 WR and no other threat at WR it is pretty easy to severly limit there production. This is where I see SW and Bowe in the same boat. Chambers problem is not Chambers it is Cassel still feeling nervous and not allowing enough time for checkdowns to get to Chambers on top of inaccurate passes IMO. Chambers is solid and have always liked his play.

But you put DBO,SW & Chambers in the same lineup that is "killer" in my eyes but there again Cassel needs to build trust with his O-line.

Lzen
10-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Just our 1st... sorry for the confusion.

I figured that's what you meant. Its just that I have seen it worded in that way more than once recently and it bugged me. ;)

mcaj22
10-06-2010, 10:11 AM
SW has/had character problems right? Wasn't he suspended at one point? Don't know much about him but our brass's MO seems to stay far away from guys like that, so I wouldn't give myself false hope that this FO would get a guy like SW based on that alone.

Lzen
10-06-2010, 10:12 AM
R
Does Haley see Cassel's inaccuracy problems as a lack of confidence in the O-line and still sufferring "happy feet" from last yr thus he will assume Cassel's accuracy will improve over time as the O-line plays better this yr?(this is my guess as to what Haley is thinking about Cassel)

That's a very good observation. It has been my fear going back to last season that the poor offensive line play and taking so many hits could ruin any potential there might have been in Cassel. We have seen this kind of thing happen in the NFL many times.

You see, unlike some people, I thought Cassel had done some things to warrant thinking he has the potential to become a decent QB. Not worth $60 mil over 5 years, mind you. But definitely not the crap we have seen out of him so far. I just wonder if he has been ruined mentally from that terrible season last year. I know that he sucks this year and I would be okay with getting a different QB. But I'm still hoping that Weis can work with him to make a halfway decent QB out of him THIS YEAR.

pr_capone
10-06-2010, 10:14 AM
SW has/had character problems right? Wasn't he suspended at one point? Don't know much about him but our brass's MO seems to stay far away from guys like that, so I wouldn't give myself false hope that this FO would get a guy like SW based on that alone.

He missed curfew once and was benched.

He's not going around slapping women, killing dogs, or hitting meter maids with his car. I think he would pass the character test.

Sannyasi
10-06-2010, 10:33 AM

What a completely stupid point. Clearly Moeaki and Mccluster were wasted draft picks then. Don't bother resigning Bowe, after all, its not like we have a quarterback.

pr_capone
10-06-2010, 10:43 AM
What a completely stupid point. Clearly Moeaki and Mccluster were wasted draft picks then. Don't bother resigning Bowe, after all, its not like we have a quarterback.

rep n00b

Chiefshrink
10-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Well, I think you need a new calculator.

63 receptions / 14 games = 4.5 rec. per game
7 TDs / 14 games = .5 TDs per game
869 / 14 = 62 yards per game

Just sayin.

Cmon Lzen let's be fair here. 16 games at 7rec and let's do .75TD and 80yds

I know yours are actual numbers but this guy's play could be very easily in a year's production:

112 rec, 12TDs, and 1280yds

I will take this any day.

Chiefshrink
10-06-2010, 10:53 AM
He missed curfew once and was benched.

He's not going around slapping women, killing dogs, or hitting meter maids with his car. I think he would pass the character test.

Hopefully that's all it is then we will be fine. Is this thread just a scenario or is there "real talk" of acquiring SW?

ct
10-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Obviously none of you who want MSW as a Chief have him on your FF team this year. What a freakin headache! He dissappears more than Chambers himself! Take a closer look guys.

No thanks.

pr_capone
10-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Hopefully that's all it is then we will be fine. Is this thread just a scenario or is there "real talk" of acquiring SW?

just a scenario. read the bold in the OP on yahoo so I posted it just to talk. that said, I'd love for it to actually happen. :D

King_Chief_Fan
10-06-2010, 11:15 AM

what a stupid interpretation.......Moeaki and McCluster are not wasted picks.....we have yet to utilize them to the greatest extent. Bo is not being thrown to much either. Do you get it yet or will you remain stupid? The current QB can't utilize all the weapons he has, so lets get him more?

pr_capone
10-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Obviously none of you who want MSW as a Chief have him on your FF team this year. What a freakin headache! He dissappears more than Chambers himself! Take a closer look guys.

No thanks.

You sir are slightly smarter than a cucumber.

Your basing your opinion on MSW based on FF vs his past performance and taking into consideration what he has to work with is dumb.

Skyy God
10-06-2010, 11:18 AM
MSW is the definition of inconsistent.

Anyone who thinks he'd look good in a Chiefs uni is a moron.

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2010, 11:19 AM
I dont think Chambers is sucking more than our QB.

Funny how people think our receivers suck, when Bowe caught 86 in his 2nd season.

King_Chief_Fan

that would be true but did you read the bolded part of your original post? Now what screams let's get this guy? Failed 2 out of 4 games and is not a true #1

Originally Posted by Yahoo Sports
WR Mike Sims-Walker was blanked in the first game by Denver's Champ Bailey, but he got 12 catches in the next two games, including 10 catches against the Chargers. He was then blanked again against the Colts, and he no longer appears to be in the team's long-range plans. He led the league in catches last year with 63, but he's not a true No. 1 receiver. He has trouble beating press coverage off the line of scrimmage.

pr_capone
what a stupid interpretation.......Moeaki and McCluster are not wasted picks.....we have yet to utilize them to the greatest extent. Bo is not being thrown to much either. Do you get it yet or will you remain stupid? The current QB can't utilize all the weapons he has, so lets get him more?

Because we are building a 1 year team, right? We don't need to look at the future and what might be best for us in the long run.

Oh yeh, we don't want to pick up MSW with a 4th because we currently have a shitty QB. :shake:

Skyy God
10-06-2010, 11:20 AM

Your basing your opinion on MSW based on FF vs his past performance and taking into consideration what he has to work with is dumb.

OMG, how can we judge a WR on THEIR STATS. TOTALLY UNFAIR.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-06-2010, 11:22 AM

I'm guessing it's the same "coaches tape" the draftabulators use...youtube highlight films.

blazzin311
10-06-2010, 11:22 AM

Yup he was suspended for a game or two last year as I recall it...I think it was for something stupid like showing up late to a team meeting or something along those lines. I don't think it was anything too serious as far as off the field problems go.

pr_capone
10-06-2010, 11:23 AM
that would be true but did you read the bolded part of your original post? Now what screams let's get this guy?

His performance last season and the fact that he has no one on the other side to take pressure off and his inconsistent QB. Not that we have anything better at QB now but that is likely to change next season.

ct
10-06-2010, 11:25 AM

Bullshit.

Because I've been paying special attention to his game by game and play by play I know nothing? whatever. you lookin at last year's stats i'm sure is all you need right? keep in mind our passing offense ain't all that either dude, so what do you expect you'll be from an inconsistent houdini? I'm guessing...inconsistency.

pr_capone
10-06-2010, 11:34 AM
OMG, how can we judge a WR on THEIR STATS. TOTALLY UNFAIR.

Bullshit.

Because I've been paying special attention to his game by game and play by play I know nothing? whatever. you lookin at last year's stats i'm sure is all you need right? keep in mind our passing offense ain't all that either dude, so what do you expect you'll be from an inconsistent houdini? I'm guessing...inconsistency.

Yup, lets base it on stats alone and ignore all the other factors that might play into his dissapearing act this season.

Makes no difference that MJD has gotten off to a shaky start so that there is no run game to support the pass. It's a hill of beans that his QB is looking Casseleque. The fact that he has no other WR's or TE's to take the pressure off of him means nothing as well.

It's not like we are building a team for the future. All that matters is today.

ct
10-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Yup, lets base it on stats alone and ignore all the other factors that might play into his dissapearing act this season.

Makes no difference that MJD has gotten off to a shaky start so that there is no run game to support the pass. It's a hill of beans that his QB is looking Casseleque. The fact that he has no other WR's or TE's to take the pressure off of him means nothing as well.

It's not like we are building a team for the future. All that matters is today.

your and idiot

definitely don't even consider that his QB is Casselesque, when our QB is Cassel, what a cucumber thing to say, seriously dude. and btw the running game is off to a slow start because they load up to stop it, and guess what, MSW still can't get off.

we know what MSW is, highly talented when the stars align, but otherwise invisible. save the draft pick and draft a WR who could be substantially better, how's that sound?

Chiefshrink
10-06-2010, 11:49 AM
I'd trade for him now in a heartbeat if the price is right. This guy is a monster when given the opportunity. Yeah I know you all think Cassel couldn't hit the broad side of a barn but as he trusts his O-line more and more as time goes on you will see his accuracy improve IMO.

Chiefshrink
10-06-2010, 11:50 AM
your and idiot

definitely don't even consider that his QB is Casselesque, when our QB is Cassel, what a cucumber thing to say, seriously dude. and btw the running game is off to a slow start because they load up to stop it, and guess what, MSW still can't get off.

we know what MSW is, highly talented when the stars align, but otherwise invisible. save the draft pick and draft a WR who could be substantially better, how's that sound?

Why does he disappear????

pr_capone
10-06-2010, 12:02 PM
your and idiot

LMFAO

ok, that was funny

It's all about the future. We both know that Cassel is likely not gonna be the starter next season. Even if he is, MSW would benefit by playing on a team where the rushing game is excellent and had other receivers who are bonafide threats.

I'm all for drafting another WR. I'd also be all for giving up a 4th or 5th for MSW.

Sannyasi
10-06-2010, 12:02 PM

Are you actually trying to argue that our receiving corps is faced with an overabundance of talent?

EDIT: I get what you are saying, and I think everyone agrees that Cassell is horrid. I don't know much about MSW and whether he is worth trading for or not, but arguing that we shouldn't improve the talent on the team because we are going to suck anyways misses the point completely.

patteeu
10-06-2010, 12:20 PM
LMFAO

ok, that was funny

It's all about the future. We both know that Cassel is likely not gonna be the starter next season. Even if he is, MSW would benefit by playing on a team where the rushing game is excellent and had other receivers who are bonafide threats.

I'm all for drafting another WR. I'd also be all for giving up a 4th or 5th for MSW.

I don't think it's all that likely.

Chieftain58
10-06-2010, 12:24 PM

4th rd pick?

I dropped this bum from my fantasy team he hasn't done squat this year

King_Chief_Fan
10-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Are you actually trying to argue that our receiving corps is faced with an overabundance of talent?

EDIT: I get what you are saying, and I think everyone agrees that Cassell is horrid. I don't know much about MSW and whether he is worth trading for or not, but arguing that we shouldn't improve the talent on the team because we are going to suck anyways misses the point completely.

WR is not the only place on this team that needs talent...so let's look at the big picture and see what is missing and prioritize that.
I am particularly thinking that based on what was written by the original poster doesn't speak much of an upgrade to me so why waste a pick there/with him? My objection was to this WR and you yourself cannot support since you admit that you don't know much about him.

Said all of that to say, I am for upgrading the team but not with this guy.

Lzen
10-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Cmon Lzen let's be fair here. 16 games at 7rec and let's do .75TD and 80yds

I know yours are actual numbers but this guy's play could be very easily in a year's production:

112 rec, 12TDs, and 1280yds

I will take this any day.

I would like to believe that. But then I also have to ask if he is capable of that, why did he get shut out in 2 of 4 games this year? Something is not right there.

Chiefshrink
10-06-2010, 05:50 PM
I would like to believe that. But then I also have to ask if he is capable of that, why did he get shut out in 2 of 4 games this year? Something is not right there.

There are a variety of reasons why playmaking WRs go quiet and most of the time it is not the WR's fault. Here are my top 2.

1. O-line sucks thus you cannot run to set up the pass and QB cannot get a good pass off or pass at all-see the Jags this yr Jones Drew ain't exactly tearing it up.

2. When going up against good DBs with a shut down corner and no opposite WR threat to take the heat off-see the Jags this yr. not to mention again no run to set up the pass.

SW has never been inconsistent in catching the ball for Gerrard to lose trust.

Bottom line: it comes down to the O-line's sucky play that does not allow for the run to set up pass and lack of WR talent that allows good DB teams to shut down the pass altogether.