PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Derrick Thomas Posterized...

aturnis
10-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Chris Sembower, at http://www.chrissembower.com/ has posterized a great picture of Derrick Thomas crushing ole' horseface. If you don't know who he is, or what he does, take notice. He usually picks a Chiefs player every week, and "posterizes" a picture of them. He has a bunch of good ones already this season. Here's his latest.

http://www.chrissembower.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/DerrickThomasPosterized-1650x1050.jpg

Posterized: Derrick Thomas greets “ole’ horse lips” John Elway in the backfield.

This week, due to the bye, I was planning on doing a change of pace image. This is definitely way different than I had planned... but when my audience spoke, I had to listen. Thanks to a comment on Arrowhead Pride I modified my poll from the other day mid-vote. I honestly did not think it was going to get the reaction that it did. I'm pretty sure that someone other than Derrick Thomas was up by a good 50 votes with about a 24 hour head start. You can see below how the final tally ended up, but I think it's safe to say that Kansas City Chiefs fans clearly can't get enough of DT. I can't say that I blame them. This image was a LOT of fun.

It had to be John (as my Dad use to call him, "Ole' Horse Lips") Elway, didn't it?

Shogun
10-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Thats beautiful, Im gonna have to show this to my brother and dad, huge DT fans.

Munson
10-06-2010, 02:46 PM
That poster brings a tear to my eye.

Fish
10-06-2010, 03:04 PM
It looks like the two pics of DT and Horsey were sloppily photoshoped together... Elway looks like he's 2 feet taller than DT, and DT is either missing an arm, or his right arm is only half as long as the other.

And I don't understand why it says Posterized so boldly...

kepp
10-06-2010, 03:12 PM
It looks like the two pics of DT and Horsey were sloppily photoshoped together... Elway looks like he's 2 feet taller than DT, and DT is either missing an arm, or his right arm is only half as long as the other.

ROFL But besides that...

Hammock Parties
10-06-2010, 03:15 PM

Yeah, something about it felt "off" as soon as I saw it.

This post summed it up.

I hate this. Which is a shame, because he does good work normally.

Shogun
10-06-2010, 03:17 PM
I just noticed the renders look really choppy.

eazyb81
10-06-2010, 03:26 PM

Aturnis....er, ahem, Chris Sembower, is not going to like this.

Fish
10-06-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't mind the artistic "paint on top of photography" look and all. But geez, at least make an attempt to match the sizes of the separate images and make the "tackle" somewhat realistic. It looks like a pic of DT's first step off the line that was cut and pasted over a pic of Horsey to look like a tackle. Looks more like a swim move than a tackle. The contact doesn't seem legit. And Elway's hand is big enough to palm both of DT's asscheeks...

I don't mean to be over critical... just being honest..

-King-
10-06-2010, 03:29 PM

The arm part is what's bothering me. Like WTF?

-King-
10-06-2010, 03:30 PM
I don't mind the artistic "paint on top of photography" look and all. But geez, at least make an attempt to match the sizes of the separate images and make the "tackle" somewhat realistic. It looks like a pic of DT's first step off the line that was cut and pasted over a pic of Horsey to look like a tackle. Looks more like a swim move than a tackle. The contact doesn't seem legit. And Elway's hand is big enough to palm both of DT's asscheeks...

I don't mean to be over critical... just being honest..

Eh, I just thought it looks like DT is pushing a tackling sled.

-King-
10-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Aturnis....er, ahem, Chris Sembower, is not going to like this.

Huh? I'm pretty sure Aturnis is not Chris Sembower. Isn't his real name Adam Turnis?

I could be wrong though...

noa
10-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Someone get Cigar Guy in there

ChrisSembower
10-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Some of the criticism is valid, here. The "sloppily painted over" comment, is not.

I'd be happy to field any questions regarding this.

Also, a few things probably need to be said before any intense criticism ensues. I produce these (from scratch) in my free time while trying to maintain a regular 40-60 hour week. There are imperfections, I realize this. This particular painting was what I would call a "speed painting" because it took less than 6 hours to complete and it lacks any discernable detail. It's not perfect, but I wouldn't expect a sketch to be. The positions (poses) the players are in were constructed in my head

I would also urge everyone to look at this on my website, and not on this forum, which crunches the image down, and makes it look like shit to be blunt.

teedubya
10-06-2010, 03:53 PM
http://www.chrissembower.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/MoeakiPosterized.jpg

ChrisSembower
10-06-2010, 03:54 PM
also, the reason it says POSTERIZED so boldly is that it is the name of the series I do (and have done for the previous 8 weeks).

Shogun
10-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Some of the criticism is valid, here. The "sloppily painted over" comment, is not.

Also, a few things probably need to be said before any intense criticism ensues. I produce these (from scratch) in my free time while trying to maintain a regular 40-60 hour week. There are imperfections, I realize this. This particular painting was what I would call a "speed painting" because it took less than 6 hours to complete and it lacks any discernable detail. It's not perfect, but I wouldn't expect a sketch to be. The positions (poses) the players are in were constructed in my head

I would also urge everyone to look at this on my website, and not on this forum, which crunches the image down, and makes it look like shit to be blunt.

I enjoy these chief pictures regardless of any flaw in them, keep em coming as far as im concerned, love em.

Bearcat
10-06-2010, 04:00 PM

Welcome, and don't worry about us... there's a flaw in every "perfect" 10 model, all blogs suck, etc. ;)

The Moeaki one is great, keep them coming.

Fish
10-06-2010, 04:04 PM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> Thanks for the response. Hopefully the constructive criticism will help you out in the future. Not that anybody here is an expert or anything.

Chiefs art, regardless of personal opinion, is always appreciated.

:arrow:

big nasty kcnut
10-06-2010, 04:07 PM
I love it it made my heart grow 10 sizes bigger.

big nasty kcnut
10-06-2010, 04:08 PM
I love it it made my heart grow 10 sizes bigger.

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 04:22 PM
http://www.chrissembower.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/MoeakiPosterized.jpg

Moeaki has belly flab?

ChrisSembower
10-06-2010, 04:23 PM
no but he does have stomach hair.

vailpass
10-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Nice looking pieces.

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Also, a few things probably need to be said before any intense criticism ensues.

If you don't want criticism, don't post them for everyone to see.

You've admitted that you see flaws so most likely, everyone else will see them, too.

I produce these (from scratch) in my free time while trying to maintain a regular 40-60 hour week. There are imperfections, I realize this. This particular painting was what I would call a "speed painting" because it took less than 6 hours to complete and it lacks any discernable detail. It's not perfect, but I wouldn't expect a sketch to be. The positions (poses) the players are in were constructed in my head.

Don't make excuses for your work.

Either "perfect" them before posting or just accept that fact that criticism will ensue.

Thanks for sharing.

OmahaChief
10-06-2010, 04:26 PM

So much could be said for that comment and knowing this forum probably will be said.

Anyway, cool artwork. I have no artistic talent so I admire anyone that can do anything artist at all.

Chief Chief
10-06-2010, 04:35 PM

...and armpit hair.

TinyEvel
I wish my hard drive hadn't crashed and I still had my masterpiece of Lawrence Tynes meets Kirstie Tynes. That would be a good posterize.

ChrisSembower
To Dane.

You apparently missed the part where I said that I would respond to all legitimate criticism. I have no problem taking criticism. Let me have it, if it's legit, which I said some on here was.

And for the record, correcting someone to made a mistake regarding my work is not making "excuses."

I've been in the art world a long time and come from an artistic family. I'll never turn down a legitimate chance to improve my artwork. But you better believe I'll correct you if you're wrong.

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 04:38 PM
To Dane.

You apparently missed the part where I said that I would respond to all legitimate criticism. I have no problem taking criticism. Let me have it, if it's legit, which I said some on here was.

And for the record, correcting someone to made a mistake regarding my work is not making "excuses."

I've been in the art world a long time and come from an artistic family. I'll never turn down a legitimate chance to improve my artwork. But you better believe I'll correct you if you're wrong.

Hey Dude, don't get shitty with me. I directly quoted you.

If you want to address my response, address it.

I don't care about your resume.

Shogun
10-06-2010, 04:39 PM
I would suggest maybe adding some brushing around the edges or blurring a bit where it looks like they were just renders placed into the photo. Just my 2 cents.

vailpass
10-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I would suggest maybe adding some brushing around the edges or blurring a bit where it looks like they were just renders placed into the photo. Just my 2 cents.

And titties. And beer.

ChrisSembower
I dont feel that I was "shitty" with you.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

I will defend my work if I feel that it is being represented wrongly (photoshopped together, was the misrepresentation).

I dare you to find a single legitimate artist that will not defend his own artwork.

Shogun
And titties. And beer.

Cant argue with that.

Zebedee DuBois
10-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Don't mind Dane. A lot of peoples first impression of him is a full of s**t know-it-all - but hey! be fair...that describes just about everyone else here - so really he is just one of the guys.

i appreciate the art effort. The Moeaki looks great.

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 04:50 PM
I dare you to find a single legitimate artist that will not defend his own artwork.

Whatever.

People pointed out a few things and you immediately became defensive, and not in a artistic sense.

If you had said something to the affect of "Well, this is my artistic vision and style. Thanks to those of you like and appreciate it", I would have agreed.

But instead, you "defended" your work by making the excuse that it was "quick", you work "40-60 hours a week", blah, blah, blah.

Big difference, IMO.

PS - Learn to use the quote button. Are you new to the internets?

teedubya
10-06-2010, 05:08 PM
does anyone else see a chick in a bikini in this picture?

Shogun
10-06-2010, 05:09 PM
I see a pair of boobies trying to juke some snow

Hammock Parties
10-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Chris,

You should re-release this. DT looks like a midget. It's embarrassingly bad.

PS - I come from an artistic family.

Knob
10-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Nice art, good job, looks great, thanks for being part of chiefsplanet. wow

ChrisSembower
10-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Whatever.

People pointed out a few things and you immediately became defensive, and not in a artistic sense.

If you had said something to the affect of "Well, this is my artistic vision and style. Thanks to those of you like and appreciate it", I would have agreed.

But instead, you "defended" your work by making the excuse that it was "quick", you work "40-60 hours a week", blah, blah, blah.

Big difference, IMO.

PS - Learn to use the quote button. Are you new to the internets?

Dane,

The things I became "defensive" about, were facts regarding my work that were NOT TRUE. Why would I NOT respond to that?

I'll even spot you the fact that they were "excuses" (which I don't agree with.) but to imply that I would not correct misleading implications about my artwork reveals your ignorance and lack of "resume", as you called it (which I didn't think would become an issue here, but apparently it has).

You have also clearly not been to my website that I created on the "internets."

Now, in the interest of honoring what I said in my original response, if you have any legitimate feedback, feel free to send me and email and I'd be happy to dialogue with you directly.

If you intention is to continue to press about the fact that I defended my artwork in a space that I did not post my own artwork (effectively being blindsided by it), please save it.

Chiefaholic
10-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Dane... You're going to get punched right in the cock-sucker one of these days if you act like this in real life.

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Dane... You're going to get punched right in the cock-sucker one of these days if you act like this in real life.

Act like what?

I didn't insult his work. As a matter of fact, I told him NOT to make excuses because excuses only devalue it.

I think you have the reading comprehension of a 1 year old, Dickhead.

ChrisSembower
10-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Chris,

You should re-release this. DT looks like a midget. It's embarrassingly bad.

PS - I come from an artistic family.

Not going to happen. Sorry, Bfett. If you are embarrassed to download it, then simply don't.

As I previously stated, I am very busy in my every day life, and I don't have the time to re-hash this and still accomplish what I need to this week.

Chalk this week up as a failure if you see it that way.

ChrisSembower
10-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Act like what?

I didn't insult his work. As a matter of fact, I told him NOT to make excuses because excuses only devalue it.

But I can't defend it (make excuses) to put more value in it?

And I dont care who you are. You can't argue that correcting "slopilly photoshopped" with "painted by hand" is devaluing it. Regardless of your personal opinion of the painting.

Hammock Parties
10-06-2010, 05:28 PM
The real reason Chris is mad is because deep down he knows DT looks like a one-armed midget. He knows he fucked it up.

Thank your critics and go back and fix it, Chris. Everyone wins.

Chiefaholic
10-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Dane,

The things I became "defensive" about, were facts regarding my work that were NOT TRUE. Why would I NOT respond to that?

I'll even spot you the fact that they were "excuses" (which I don't agree with.) but to imply that I would not correct misleading implications about my artwork reveals your ignorance and lack of "resume", as you called it (which I didn't think would become an issue here, but apparently it has).

You have also clearly not been to my website that I created on the "internets."

Now, in the interest of honoring what I said in my original response, if you have any legitimate feedback, feel free to send me and email and I'd be happy to dialogue with you directly.

If you intention is to continue to press about the fact that I defended my artwork in a space that I did not post my own artwork (effectively being blindsided by it), please save it.

On a positive note, keep up the good work. I'll have to google your name and look at your site

ChrisSembower
10-06-2010, 05:29 PM
The real reason Chris is mad is because deep down he knows DT looks like a one-armed midget. He knows he ****ed it up.

Thank your critics and go back and fix it, Chris. Everyone wins.

does this mean i get to criticize your gif images on arrowhead pride that look like they took no time to make?

Chiefaholic
10-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Act like what?

And I look forward to the day when your two year old daughter is old enough to read and comprehend your posts so she can realize how big of a cock-sucker her old man really is.

Shogun
10-06-2010, 05:30 PM
ARTIST FIGHT!!!!!

Bearcat
10-06-2010, 05:31 PM
does this mean i get to criticize your gif images on arrowhead pride that look like they took no time to make?

Shit just got real.

jjchieffan
10-06-2010, 05:33 PM
To Dane.

Don't worry about what Dane says. Everyone here will tell you, he is an ass. A huge ass. He is such an ass, he could make General Patton cry like Dick Vermeil

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 05:34 PM
But I can't defend it (make excuses) to put more value in it?

I quoted this in my original post:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7066586&postcount=25

That quote has nothing to do with Photoshop, nor does it criticize your work.

Instead, your response is filled with excuses that, IMO, you should not make. Either correct the issues before posting the picture or live with the comments.

Don't share you work with the world that YOU realize is flawed, then make excuses when other people notice as well.

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 05:37 PM
And I look forward to the day when your two year old daughter is old enough to read and comprehend your posts so she can realize how big of a cock-sucker her old man really is.

I love the fact that I bring out the worst in people

LMAO

-King-
10-06-2010, 05:37 PM
http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/thumb_This_Is_Why_We_Cant_Have_Nice_Things.jpg

Shaid
10-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Act like what?

The dude puts together Chiefs backgrounds for free in his spare time and you act like a complete dick. Constructive criticism is one thing, being an ass doesn't make the criticism any more valid.

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 05:39 PM
On a positive note, keep up the good work. I'll have to google your name and look at your site

More proof that this buttfuck can't read.

His website is on the picture, Dumbass.

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 05:39 PM
The dude puts together Chiefs backgrounds for free in his spare time and you act like a complete dick. Constructive criticism is one thing, being an ass doesn't make the criticism any more valid.

Prove it.

Where did I insult his work? Where was I dick? For advising him NOT to make excuses?

You people are fucking retarded.

ChrisSembower
10-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Don't share you work with the world that YOU realize is flawed, then make excuses when other people notice as well.

I would argue that there's not a single artist in the world that doesn't think every piece they've ever created has a "flaw" in it. You truly are ignorant to the artistic world or you would have never said that.

I'm done here. I only came on to clear up a GLARING error. Say what you want about the work itself. If you don't like it, or me, DON'T DOWNLOAD IT.

Go Chiefs.

Shogun
10-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi Dane

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 05:42 PM
I would argue that there's not a single artist in the world that doesn't think every piece they've ever created has a "flaw" in it. You truly are ignorant to the artistic world or you would have never said that.

I'm done here. I only came on to clear up a GLARING error. Say what you want about the work itself. If you don't like it, or me, DON'T DOWNLOAD IT.

Go Chiefs.

LMAO

Gee, sorry Chris. Make all the excuses you'd like.

LMAO

ChrisSembower
10-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Where did I insult his work? Where was I dick? For advising him NOT to make excuses?

Thank you Dane, your expert opinion is under careful consideration.

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi Dane

LMAO

ChiefGator
10-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I like your work on your site, Chris. And it looks better cut right behind Elway, as it appears on your site.

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Thank you Dane, your expert opinion is under careful consideration.

Hey Man, go ahead, be a dick.

I couldn't give a fuck. I was just giving some friendly advice.

ChrisSembower
10-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey Man, go ahead, be a dick.

I couldn't give a ****. I was just giving some friendly advice.

"I love the fact that I bring out the worst in people" ~ DaneMcCloud

yes. clearly you were trying to give friendly advice. how stupid of me.

Shogun
10-06-2010, 05:49 PM

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 05:50 PM
"I love the fact that I bring out the worst in people" ~ DaneMcCloud

yes. clearly you were trying to give friendly advice. how stupid of me.

Was that directed at you?

No.

As I said earlier, go ahead and make excuses for the quality of your work. It doesn't make any difference to me. It's just not something that's necessary, IMO.

But whatever.

KCSupersized
10-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I think it's cool man, thanks for sharing.

-King-
10-06-2010, 05:51 PM
:facepalm:

joesomebody
10-06-2010, 05:57 PM
I have to say that the stuff on your website, especially the portfolio, is terrific. I agree, this one looks a little off compared to the other stuff. But great job, and keep up the great work!

ChrisSembower
10-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Dane, you called me a dick a couple of times. Please, somehow, explain to me how this was friendly.

jjchieffan
10-06-2010, 06:05 PM
DaneMcCloud neg rep....Go F**K Yourself!
ROFLROFL Did I hurt you little feelings Dane?

-King-
10-06-2010, 06:06 PM

It's that time of the month for him.

:D

Knob
10-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Chris this sums it up. Dont worry about it.
http://randomviewpoints.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/internet-dickwad-theory.gif

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 06:11 PM

Crying about rep is for pussies.

And we ALL know you fit that bill perfectly.

Bearcat
10-06-2010, 06:12 PM

Start a thread like everyone else.

Shogun
10-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Lets go UCF!

jjchieffan
10-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Crying about rep is for pussies.

And we ALL know you fit that bill perfectly.

You moron. ROFL means that I am laughing at your dumb ass for throwing around you neg rep like it hurts me or something.

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 06:23 PM
You moron. ROFL means that I am laughing at your dumb ass for throwing around you neg rep like it hurts me or something.

As Bearcat suggested, why don't you start a thread, Loser?

Fritz88
10-06-2010, 06:24 PM
It has flaws, but overall, it looks fine to me.

Keep the good work up.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-06-2010, 06:24 PM
checked out your website and love the work Chris. My only (selfish) suggestion is do away or at least offer a version without the "Posterized" tag. To me it distracts from the work. The signature and even url are fine though...

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Dane, you called me a dick a couple of times. Please, somehow, explain to me how this was friendly.

Wow, you're extremely sensitive, aren't you?

Why aren't you going at it with Clay? He insulted your work and told you to fix it.

I said no such thing.

If you want to be a baby, be a baby. My suggestion, in case you haven't re-read, was that you not make excuses. That's it. Period.

Stand by your work.

Art Vader
10-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Exit Through the Gift Shop

jjchieffan
10-06-2010, 06:28 PM
As Bearcat suggested, why don't you start a thread, Loser?

Why don't you go change your pad and take a Midol?

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Why don't you go change your pad and take a Midol?

Nobody cares about you.

Fuck off.

Shogun
10-06-2010, 06:33 PM
I enjoyed this.

Laces out Dan...e

mikeyis4dcats.
10-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Nobody cares about you.

**** off.

for the record, I agree with him. Your first post had attitude and you've been a dick ever since.

Knob
10-06-2010, 06:34 PM
ROFLROFLI enjoyed this.

Laces out Dan...e

Knob
10-06-2010, 06:35 PM
for the record, I agree with him. Your first post had attitude and you've been a dick ever since.

I second this

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2010, 06:37 PM

Well, I completely disagree. Where in this quote did I act like a "dick"?

If you don't want criticism, don't post them for everyone to see.

You've admitted that you see flaws so most likely, everyone else will see them, too.

Don't make excuses for your work.

Either "perfect" them before posting or just accept that fact that criticism will ensue.

Thanks for sharing.

doomy3
10-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Work looks great. Wish I had that kind of artistic talent. Keep up the good work, man!

By the way, don't worry about the dickheads on here. If you read this board, you would know that some of these pricks are insufferable.

Reerun_KC
10-06-2010, 06:43 PM

Dont worry about Dane, his act is beyond tired and played out here... Just report his post as abuse. Evently he will get a much needed little vacation and hopefully comes back a changed person..

I like your work, its cool, this is the first I have viewed...

this was a good image, I liked, it.. But DT could use another arm... :D

but props anyway, Good stuff, keep it up.

Sure-Oz
10-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Well, I completely disagree. Where in this quote did I act like a "dick"?

You forgot the :) face

ChrisSembower
10-06-2010, 06:47 PM
A big thanks to everyone who gave any kind of constructive criticism throughout this mess, even if I don't get back to every piece individually. I apologize to everyone for getting sucked into this stupid conversation.

Even if I don't agree with the criticism here, I still very much appreciate it.

Go Chiefs.

Knob
10-06-2010, 06:49 PM
A big thanks to everyone who gave any kind of constructive criticism throughout this mess, even if I don't get back to every piece individually. I apologize to everyone for getting sucked into this stupid conversation.

Go Chiefs.

No worries and hey just think 986 more posts and you can start your own threads.:eek:

mikeyis4dcats.
10-06-2010, 06:52 PM
love the work Chris, and thats for sharing.

A bit of (selfish) criticism, do away with or at least offer a version without the "posterized" tag, I think it distracts from the rest of the piece. The signature and website are fine, as they are unobtrusive.

Fish
10-06-2010, 06:55 PM
To clarify Chris... when I referred to it as "sloppily photoshoped together", I was referring to the depth contrast between DT and Donkey. DT has a 2D look to him, especially around the helmet and shoulders. The depth doesn't really come through, and makes it confusing as to how his shoulders are lined up and where his head is supposed to be. It looks as if he's not part of the rest of the picture, as if it were pasted on top. I wasn't inferring that you actually used Photoshop.

Halfcan
10-06-2010, 06:58 PM
More blood coming from Elgay would be good-lol

Hammock Parties
10-06-2010, 07:43 PM

Absolutely. They're all flawed.

Hammock Parties
10-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm just giving you shit, Chris. I really enjoy your work.

But I still think DT looks like a one-armed midget.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-06-2010, 10:45 PM
ROFL This fucking thread...

slothf
10-06-2010, 10:50 PM
I think I could give this guy some lessons in photoshop. horribly cut out

-King-
10-06-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm just giving you shit, Chris. I really enjoy your work.

But I still think DT looks like a one-armed midget.

WELL NOW HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY ARMS OR A LEFT FOOT? YOU HAPPY NOW YOU MONSTER!??!?!

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2198/44784021.jpg

Dave Lane
10-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Yeah, something about it felt "off" as soon as I saw it.

This post summed it up.

I hate this. Which is a shame, because he does good work normally.

Horrible job. Jeez it looks like a bad painting or something.

vailpass
10-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Dane is good for n00bs. He causes the vaginas to either close up or bleed to death.

RedNFeisty
10-07-2010, 10:20 AM

Go Chiefs.

I like the picture, so who cares what anybody else thinks!! :D

beach tribe
10-07-2010, 10:28 AM
It's art people. There is no right or wrong, perfect or imperfect.

That said, I'm rockin the Flowers on my 32" screen at work. It is beyond awesome.