PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Colts 30, Chiefs 14

MMXcalibur
10-07-2010, 08:06 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/picks/week5

Colts 30, Chiefs 14

The Chiefs are coming off a bye, which means they've had two weeks to prepare for Peyton Manning. Defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel knows him well from being New England's DC during the glory days of the Pats-Colts rivalry. But the Colts played well in their lone home game, and they will be focused here after losing at Jacksonville. They win big. The Chiefs are exposed some.

God I love Prisco. His douchiness is on Skip Bayless type levels. If you want a quick chuckle, take a look at his Weekly Winning Percentage on the bottom of the page.

WEEK 1: 56%
WEEK 2: 56%
WEEK 3: 50%
WEEK 4: 42%

Shox
10-07-2010, 08:45 AM
The Colts may very well win the game, but no way the Indy D will hold the Chiefs to 14 points. The Chiefs running game will be very productive Sunday.

ChiefaRoo
10-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Manning is getting old.

Reerun_KC
10-07-2010, 08:56 AM
"They win big. The Chiefs are exposed some. "

What the fuck are you going to expose from the Chiefs? Dumbass, they are a young team on the rise. You dont expose these kind of teams...

F'ing idoit...

suds79
10-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Manning is getting old.

Certainly Indy has their holes but Manning getting older isn't one of them.

He's still the best QB in the game.

ChiefaRoo
10-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Certainly Indy has their holes but Manning getting older isn't one of them.

He's still the best QB in the game.

Broke Dick Vrabel is going sprain his knee. Brees is the best QB right now IMO

suds79
10-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Broke Dick Vrabel is going sprain his knee. Brees is the best QB right now IMO

I think Brees is in the perfect system for him. Keep in mind what he was before he got to NO.

Anyways, best or 2nd best. Call it whatever you want. My main point is that I don't get what point you were trying to make in saying that he's getting older.

Are you implying that he's not absolutely great still?

donkhater
10-07-2010, 09:05 AM
This type of take from the nearly the entire media puzzles me somewhat.

What team in the entire NFL would be favored to win at Indianapolis? I don't think anyone would be IMO. If that's the case, how is a loss 'exposing' the Chiefs? Wouldn't nearly every team lose this game, including some so-called Super Bowl contenders?

TheGuardian
10-07-2010, 09:06 AM
I think Brees is in the perfect system for him. Keep in mind what he was before he got to NO.

Anyways, best or 2nd best. Call it whatever you want. My main point is that I don't get what point you were trying to make in saying that he's getting older.

Are you implying that he's not absolutely great still?

Brees lit it up his last year in San Diego. He's no system QB.

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2010, 09:10 AM
The Colts may very well win the game, but no way the Indy D will hold the Chiefs to 14 points. The Chiefs running game will be very productive Sunday.

Sadly, we all said this before the playoff game in 2006.

Then they put 8-9 in the box to stop the run and tried to make a scrambled-brained Trent Green beat them.

If the Colts are smart, they do the same Sunday.

FWIW, Scouts INC has this as a 27-20 Colts win.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-07-2010, 09:11 AM
"They win big. The Chiefs are exposed some. "

What the fuck are you going to expose from the Chiefs? Dumbass, they are a young team on the rise. You dont expose these kind of teams...

F'ing idoit...

Reading these kinds of posts is what makes me think this place will have a galactic melt down should we lose a game by 20+ points, which is entirely possible. We're getting better, that doesn't mean we're there yet.

Red Brooklyn
10-07-2010, 09:13 AM

Sounds much more likely too me. And I can live with that. Unless, of course, we play dipshit, bonehead, football and shoot ourselves in the foot and that's how we lose.

But if we play our best and we only lose by a TD... Yeah, I can live with it.

Red Brooklyn
10-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Reading these kinds of posts is what makes me think this place will have a galactic melt down should we lose a game by 20+ points, which is entirely possible. We're getting better, that doesn't mean we're there yet.

Good point.

And if we do ever lose by 20, I bet it'll be to an unexpected opponent - someone like the effing Bills. I just think there's too much at stake here, and too much to prove. We may very well (probably?) lose to Indy. But I don't think it'll be by 20. Not this time.

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2010, 09:16 AM

Yep. A lot of people have set themselves up for a great disappointment.

Personally, I see this a lot like the days leading up to MNF. I thought anything could happen but a blowout in the Chiefs favor. I feel the same about Sunday.

Whatever happens, happens, and we move on to Houston.

I'll get bashed for saying this, but a small part of me almost hopes they get blown out - I'd like to see how they respond to adversity.

They're going to lose eventually, and how they respond to it may very well define the season.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Yep. A lot of people have set themselves up for a great disappointment.

Personally, I see this a lot like the days leading up to MNF. I thought anything could happen but a blowout in the Chiefs favor. I feel the same about Sunday.

Whatever happens, happens, and we move on to Houston.

I'll get bashed for saying this, but a small part of me almost hopes they get blown out - I'd like to see how they respond to adversity.

They're going to lose eventually, and how they respond to it may very well define the season.

Absofuckinglutely. I know you're not rooting for that, but I know exactly what you mean. I've been saying that I can't get on a playoffs bandwagon regardless of record until I see how they respond to a loss. That's such a HUGE aspect for a young team like this. Will they bury their heads up their asses like Denver did last year? Or will they put their fucking heads down and work harder? That defines who this team is, and we won't know it until they lose a tough game.

ModSocks
10-07-2010, 09:22 AM

You masochist, you.

I'm almost more pumped about this game than I was about the Chargers game. All of the media doubting we've been receiving, all of the shit I've been taking from everyone telling me how we're going to lose.....

This is the Chiefs opportunity to step up and show the NFL that we are the real deal.

Unfortuantely, if they win, all they'll talk about is how the Colts are self destructing.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-07-2010, 09:24 AM
I disagree. If we win this game, and put Peyton on his ass a few times, combined with Berry getting that first pick, all we'll hear about this next week is how the Chiefs are back and it's because of the executive of the decade, and the next Bill Parcells. I'm dead serious. THE BAND IS BACK TOGETHER! You'll hear that line over and over if we win this game.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Basically, I'd love to go in and steal this game. We'd get all the hype, lose that underdog status, and then probably go in and lose a tough game in Houston. From there, we'd be looking at Jacksonville, who is showing they may not be as bad as I thought they were. That would be a good test to see where this team is at after a tough loss, and it would be at home.

Should we lose that game as well, we have Buffalo. Then we'd really know what this team is all about. It's about a perfect scenario IMHO.

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2010, 09:27 AM
You masochist, you.

I'm almost more pumped about this game than I was about the Chargers game. All of the media doubting we've been receiving, all of the shit I've been taking from everyone telling me how we're going to lose.....

This is the Chiefs opportunity to step up and show the NFL that we are the real deal.

Unfortuantely, if they win, all they'll talk about is how the Colts are self destructing.

I've never understood why people give a shit what the media says.

Who gives a fuck if the media gives us respect? Hell, I watched Inside the NFL last night, and 2 of the 3 said we wouldn't make the playoffs.

It changes nothing. We still play Indy this week, Houston next week, etc.

Let the media focus on Dallas, Minnesota and the Jets. BFD.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-07-2010, 09:28 AM

Who gives a fuck if the media gives us respect? Hell, I watched Inside the NFL last night, and 2 of the 3 said we wouldn't make the playoffs.

I'm with you, but I think the players and coaching staff use that as motivation at this point. I don't know that obviously, but I have a feeling these kids are thinking to themselves "Keep fucking doubting us!"

gblowfish
10-07-2010, 09:30 AM
I think this is about right. I'm thinking 28-17 Indy. BTW: I've been wrong about two of my three Chiefs predictions. I picked KC to beat SF. Hope I'm wrong again this time!

Warrior5
10-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Piss on Prisco.

Reerun_KC
10-07-2010, 09:35 AM

I am not going to meltdown.. Hell I will be there in person to watch it. IF they win, great! If they lose, it doesnt mean to close up the franchise...

But to say that the Chiefs will be exposed? Exposed for what? A young ascending team, playing a HOF QB on the road and lost?

Makes zero fucking sense if you ask me...

beach tribe
10-07-2010, 09:35 AM

Who gives a **** if the media gives us respect? Hell, I watched Inside the NFL last night, and 2 of the 3 said we wouldn't make the playoffs.

I'll never understand how someone could secretly hope we get blown out by Indy.
Although I get what your saying, this is not the game for that. There is no part of me that wants to lose this game.

Fish
10-07-2010, 09:36 AM

Yeah... You see a lot of the "Well, we won Game X that we weren't supposed to win, so Game Y should be a no brainer easy win." And on and on down the schedule. Except that I fully expect us to lose one or two we shouldn't have lost as well. We've gotten just about all the breaks in the games so far. Compared to last year when it seemed nothing would go our way. That's got to even itself out eventually. But the majority of the fans are rabid and can't see any reason that we'd regress at all from this point forward. My homer fan friends have been laughing at my tempered expectations since the Tuesday after our season started.

gblowfish
10-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Every year we win a surprise game, and blow one we were counting on.

Johnny Vegas
10-07-2010, 09:39 AM
hold the fuck on. the record says what kind of team you are. colts are a 2-2 team. its not exactly meadows and sunshine over there. its over here!! to our 3-0 team. we got the 2 weeks to prepare. we got the RB's to keep Manning by the gatorade. We got this game babae!

Red Brooklyn
10-07-2010, 09:41 AM

Exactly. What I think is kinda fun, is that I'm not sure Indy is that "surprise" game. I don't expect to win. But I won't be surprised if we do. That feels pretty awesome, actually.

suds79
10-07-2010, 09:44 AM
It's the NFL so I think the Chiefs certainly have a shot.

My question is that if you're a person who thinks the Chiefs will (not could) win the game, then what do you have their final record being? Seems to me that if you have them winning this game, you must think they're a 12-4 or better type of team with their schedule.

Obviously I think it'd be sweet if they won but in Indy, against one of the all time great QBs when ours still had huge question marks, I'm having a hard time seeing it.

Outside of the win, I'd really like to see us going in the 4th with a chance to win & Matt is progressing and showing signs he could be our QBOTF. That's what I'm looking for.

If the 4th rolls around and we're down 10 or more, I'll be pretty disappointed.

BigMeatballDave
10-07-2010, 09:47 AM

Then they put 8-9 in the box to stop the run and tried to make a scrambled-brained Trent Green beat them.

FWIW, Scouts INC has this as a 27-20 Colts win.That Indy team was different. They had a D. Plus, Herm was coaching then. Remember the game in Indy 3 yrs ago? We held Manning to 13 points. Who saw that coming? I'm not saying I think the Chiefs win, but I do think its gonna be a good game.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-07-2010, 09:48 AM
I am not going to meltdown.. Hell I will be there in person to watch it. IF they win, great! If they lose, it doesnt mean to close up the franchise...

But to say that the Chiefs will be exposed? Exposed for what? A young ascending team, playing a HOF QB on the road and lost?

Makes zero fucking sense if you ask me...

That wasn't a shot at you. Not at all. I've been reading a lot posts that I think set up unrealistic expectations for this team. Our QB could be exposed. Our LB's could be exposed, our WR's could be exposed, or God forbid, our running game could be exposed due to a lack of a legitimate passing game.

I see multiple possibilities for this team to be exposed as not as good as they've looked to this point. As teams get more tape on what we're doing with our brand new, All-World coordinators, they'll be able to game plan for us better. I'm just still in a wait and see approach with these guys. They're clearly better than they have been the last 3 years, and that's plenty for me. I'm not so sure the same is going to apply to everyone else. There's a lot of hype on this board all of a sudden.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-07-2010, 09:51 AM
It's the NFL so I think the Chiefs certainly have a shot.

My question is that if you're a person who thinks the Chiefs will (not could) win the game, then what do you have their final record being? Seems to me that if you have them winning this game, you must think they're a 12-4 or better type of team with their schedule.

Obviously I think it'd be sweet if they won but in Indy, against one of the all time great QBs when ours still had huge question marks, I'm having a hard time seeing it.

Outside of the win, I'd really like to see us going in the 4th with a chance to win & Matt is progressing and showing signs he could be our QBOTF. That's what I'm looking for.

If the 4th rolls around and we're down 10 or more, I'll be pretty disappointed.

Again, I won't be able to comfortably predict a final record for this team until they lose a game, and I get to see them play the next week. I hope that's prolonged as long as possible. :D

Bob Dole
10-07-2010, 09:55 AM

A surprise game...or four...

ElGringo
10-07-2010, 09:56 AM
It really doesn't matter what we do in this game, the media pukes will keep saying the same shit about KC. We got lucky, we didn't win, peyton lost, whatever, this team will not get respect this year no matter what. 2 year playoff run is what I believe it will take to get the respect of the national media.

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2010, 09:59 AM
That Indy team was different. They had a D. Plus, Herm was coaching then. Remember the game in Indy 3 yrs ago? We held Manning to 13 points. Who saw that coming? I'm not saying I think the Chiefs win, but I do think its gonna be a good game.

They had a D? Really?

2006: 21st in Total Defense - 32nd in Rushing Defense.

2010: 24th in Total Defense - 29th in Rushing Defense.

Fish
10-07-2010, 10:00 AM
It really doesn't matter what we do in this game, the media pukes will keep saying the same shit about KC. We got lucky, we didn't win, peyton lost, whatever, this team will not get respect this year no matter what. 2 year playoff run is what I believe it will take to get the respect of the national media.

1. Who gives two shits what the national media thinks?

2. Shouldn't we wait until we actually play the game, before we start whining about potential disrespect from the media when we win?

suds79
10-07-2010, 10:04 AM
They had a D? Really?

2010: 24th in Total Defense - 29th in Rushing Defense.

Didn't that Indy team just get Bob Sanders back for that game against LJ?

Trying to remember. He's always been a big part of their run D.

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Didn't that Indy team just get Bob Sanders back for that game against LJ?

Trying to remember. He's always been a big part of their run D.

Yes, they did.

And my point is that we all still went on and on about how we'd run on them.

Just like a lot of folks are doing now.

I hope like hell we can, and do run on them.

But I'm not naive enough to think that we absolutely will, like others are.

JonesCrusher
10-07-2010, 10:16 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=94680&stc=1&d=1286468099

FAX
10-07-2010, 10:17 AM
After watching Haley's presser yesterday, I'm more convinced than ever that we have a super-secret plan in store for the Mannings.

This is going to be a win for the ages.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2010, 10:19 AM
After watching Haley's presser yesterday, I'm more convinced than ever that we have a super-secret plan in store for the Mannings.

FAX

Link?

FAX
10-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Link?

It's at kcchiefs.com or something like that. The homepage of the Chiefs.

Do yourself a favor, though, and don't watch Mark Cassold's press conference.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2010, 10:40 AM

FAX

Two thoughts after watching it:

1) I think Todd smiled more in that 15 minute presser than he did all of last year.

2) Did Hog Farmer borrow Todd's ballcap?

BigMeatballDave
10-07-2010, 10:41 AM
They had a D? Really?

2010: 24th in Total Defense - 29th in Rushing Defense.Come on, man. You know as well as I do that Indy's D took over during that post-season. Its the reason they won their SB.

Zaiko
10-07-2010, 10:41 AM
I can make predictions too. Chiefs 27 - Colts 17.

Bane
10-07-2010, 10:44 AM
KC-24
Dolts-21

FG with 3 seconds left on the clock gives us the W- FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

LaChapelle
10-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Teams get better and other teams go down
This has nothing to do with the Chiefs
The Colts 12 win seasons can't keep on forever

cardken
10-07-2010, 11:44 AM

Absolutely Nuts, my feelings exactly, thanks for having the courage to say so. As anything less then supportive is flame worthy in this forum.

cardken
10-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Teams get better and other teams go down
This has nothing to do with the Chiefs
The Colts 12 win seasons can't keep on forever

Was making the case earlier that Caldwell could be the second coming of George Seifert or Barry Switzer. Coaches that inherited great teams that ran themselves through to the second season where things started to unravel when the coach had to really "take the reins."
The Colts have not one significant roster change from last year, and yet they look like a completely different team from last year.

FAX
10-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Was making the case earlier that Caldwell could be the second coming of George Seifert or Barry Switzer. Coaches that inherited great teams that ran themselves through to the second season where things started to unravel when the coach had to really "take the reins."
The Colts have not one significant roster change from last year, and yet they look like a completely different team from last year.

It creates an interesting situation, that's for sure.

Can a quarterback (even one as prolific as Headless Jesus) on a aging team with a declining defense and a limited rushing attack successfully carry them on his back throughout an entire season?

FAX

teedubya
10-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Im ready for the Chiefs to destroy the Colts so people will STFU.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Absolutely Nuts, my feelings exactly, thanks for having the courage to say so. As anything less then supportive is flame worthy in this forum.

I just think we need to have tempered support. It's a process, (pun intended) and things are lining up nicely. But we have a ways to go, and no one should expect some kind of playoff run this year. Hell, before the season started everyone was saying 8-8 would make them happy. What if this team goes 6-10? People think that's entirely impossible at this point, and it's my contention that until we see this team respond from a tough loss, nothing is set in stone. We're just getting started.

Keep perspective. Things look a lot better than they have in the last few years. This team is on an upward swing, but there are some tough lessons to be learned between now and when this team is the finished product. I will say this much, depending on how Pioli deals with Cassel if he shits the bed this year, this team could easily be a 12 win team for the next 8 years starting in 2012. I mean, there's a lot more going on than just Cassel. Clark is going to have to be willing to pay players, they're going to have to continue drafting well, etc. But the foundation is set AFAIC.

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Come on, man. You know as well as I do that Indy's D took over during that post-season. Its the reason they won their SB.

No debate there, and it has nothing to do with my point.

No one thought their D was capable of that leading up to the playoffs.

Everyone thought we'd run all over them.

We all know what happened.

All I'm saying is, there are a lot of folks that just assume we'll run all over them.

I hope they are right, but I'm not going to assume so, just because of the numbers.

Hammock Parties
10-07-2010, 02:55 PM
I wonder why the 49ers didn't think to put 9 in the box and make Cassel beat them...

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2010, 03:00 PM
I wonder why the 49ers didn't think to put 9 in the box and make Cassel beat them...

Because they are fucking stupid?

I'm curious as to why none of the teams we've played have done so.

Cleveland did occasionally, but not terribly often. And oddly enough, we didn't score an offensive TD that day.

Hammock Parties
10-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Because they are fucking stupid?

I'm curious as to why none of the teams we've played have done so.

Cleveland did occasionally, but not terribly often. And oddly enough, we didn't score an offensive TD that day.

Look at the formations the Chiefs use in every game. They dictate.

The Colts aren't gonna stop our running game.

If the 49ers didn't, basically no one is gonna this year (barring outliers).

Saul Good
10-07-2010, 03:28 PM
I just think we need to have tempered support. It's a process, (pun intended) and things are lining up nicely. But we have a ways to go, and no one should expect some kind of playoff run this year. Hell, before the season started everyone was saying 8-8 would make them happy. What if this team goes 6-10? People think that's entirely impossible at this point, and it's my contention that until we see this team respond from a tough loss, nothing is set in stone. We're just getting started.

Keep perspective. Things look a lot better than they have in the last few years. This team is on an upward swing, but there are some tough lessons to be learned between now and when this team is the finished product. I will say this much, depending on how Pioli deals with Cassel if he shits the bed this year, this team could easily be a 12 win team for the next 8 years starting in 2012. I mean, there's a lot more going on than just Cassel. Clark is going to have to be willing to pay players, they're going to have to continue drafting well, etc. But the foundation is set AFAIC.

If the Chiefs wind up 6-10, it's a disaster. With this schedule, anything less than 8-8 is unacceptable. Even that would mean going 5-8 against a soft schedule.

keg in kc
10-07-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't like Prisco, but that's the kind of game I expect. 30-14, 38-20, 41-10. Some kind of blowout. It's going to be over early on Sunday.

Buck
10-07-2010, 03:36 PM
So you are saying he is a douche because he picked against your team? Sounds like major butthurt to me.

vailpass
10-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Look at the formations the Chiefs use in every game. They dictate.

The Colts aren't gonna stop our running game.

If the 49ers didn't, basically no one is gonna this year (barring outliers).

ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2010, 03:48 PM
So you are saying he is a douche because he picked against your team? Sounds like major butthurt to me.

It is.

This fanbase is ridiculously oversensitive, if you haven't noticed.

Oh noes, someone picked against us.

Oh noes, so-and-so said we won't make the playoffs.

Oh noes, the national media gives us no respect.

I have no idea why people give a shit, but they do.

Buck
10-07-2010, 03:50 PM
It is.

This fanbase is ridiculously oversensitive, if you haven't noticed.

Oh noes, someone picked against us.

Oh noes, so-and-so said we won't make the playoffs.

Oh noes, the national media gives us no respect.

I have no idea why people give a shit, but they do.

Ya I have noticed. Its been hard to be a rival fan on this board the last 2 weeks, but funny as hell sometimes. The team is an 8.5 point dog, of course most the nation is going to choose against you.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-07-2010, 09:16 PM

I think there are a couple differences here.

#1) Charles and Jones are both better than LJ was at the end of 2006.

#2) Bob Sanders came back for the playoffs and gave that defense a boost. He won't be back this week.

#3) The Chiefs didn't have an YAC thread like DMC then.

I think the Chiefs have a shot. Not saying they will win, but I think that they are getting sold a little short. As was said above, no team would be favored to win in Indy.

Hammock Parties
10-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Didn't have Bowe in 06, either...

cdcox
10-07-2010, 09:22 PM
I think there are a couple differences here.

#1) Charles and Jones are both better than LJ was at the end of 2006.

#2) Bob Sanders came back for the playoffs and gave that defense a boost. He won't be back this week.

#3) The Chiefs didn't have an YAC thread like DMC then.

I think the Chiefs have a shot. Not saying they will win, but I think that they are getting sold a little short. As was said above, no team would be favored to win in Indy.

Sooner or later at team is going to load the box, jump the short routes, and make Cassel beat them deep. The Colts may not have the players to stop the run this week, but sooner or later Cassel is going to have to do it. We will have to develop more balance to be consistently productive on the offensive side of the ball.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Sooner or later at team is going to load the box, jump the short routes, and make Cassel beat them deep. The Colts may not have the players to stop the run this week, but sooner or later Cassel is going to have to do it. We will have to develop more balance to be consistently productive on the offensive side of the ball.

Look at the what the Pats did in 2001, 2003 and 2004. They didn't go downfield much. A couple of well timed shots (similar to the Chiefs so far this year).... and mainly underneath stuff.

You can stretch a defense horizontally as well as vertically.

-King-
10-07-2010, 09:26 PM

Just like they did last year huh?....

JoeyChuckles
10-07-2010, 09:27 PM

FAX

It is good to hear Mr. Fax speak well of our chances. I actually trust his opinion. Though he can't predict the future, he is probably the most level-headed person here.

FAX
10-07-2010, 09:33 PM
It is good to hear Mr. Fax speak well of our chances. I actually trust his opinion. Though he can't predict the future, he is probably the most level-headed person here.

Beware, Mr. The_Wiz. My judgment has flown like the vulture of favoritism into the night of partiality in search of the deer guts of prejudice spilled asunder on the highway of predilection.

I have gone into full-on, unabashed homer mode since the 69rs game.

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Manning may be the Great Accomplishment Facilitator on his team, the guy that gets Indy over impossible-looking humps, but he can truly suck my dick while feeding me a fucking Oreo cookie; I hope we absolutely humiliate that motherfucker.

notorious
10-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Let's not put too much on this game, gentlemen.

We are building towards something big in the future, and this is just another step in that direction.

If we win, I will be excited. If we lose, I will suffer, but the ultimate goal is improvement.

FAX
10-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Let's not behave like a passel of pussies either, gentlemen.

For, after all, we are gentlemen ... not pussies. And, like the gentlemen we are, it behooves us to make our apologies to the league after ripping Manning's head off and throwing it down the tunnel to the locker room so we can have it stuffed and mounted for Romeo's office wall.

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Let's not put too much on this game, gentlemen.

We are building towards something big in the future, and this is just another step in that direction.

If we win, I will be excited. If we lose, I will suffer, but the ultimate goal is improvement.

Shut your fucking cake hole, Marybeth; I want a goddamned WIN.:evil:

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Let's not behave like a passel of pussies either, gentlemen.

For, after all, we are gentlemen ... not pussies. And, like the gentlemen we are, it behooves us to make our apologies to the league after ripping Manning's head off and throwing it down the tunnel to the locker room so we can have it stuffed and mounted for Romeo's office wall.

FAX

This.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-07-2010, 09:54 PM
We're kicking their fucking asses. This Sunday. It's fucking on. Fuck you Buck. Too bad if it's tough listening to us talking about kicking fucking ass. DUH DUH DUH DUUUUUUUUUUUH.

Rausch
10-07-2010, 09:56 PM
27-24 Chiefs.

Eat a d!ck Manning...

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-07-2010, 10:07 PM
We're kicking their fucking asses. This Sunday. It's fucking on. Fuck you Buck. Too bad if it's tough listening to us talking about kicking fucking ass. DUH DUH DUH DUUUUUUUUUUUH.

ROFL
27-24 Chiefs.

Eat a d!ck Manning...

This.

Pablo
10-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Chiefs - Godzilla
Colts - Shitty paper mache Japanese buildings

COME GET SOME MOTHERFUCKERS.

donkhater
10-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Like I've said before, I don't think there is a team in the league that would be favorites playing at Indianapolis even so-called SB contenders. Given that, why would a KC loss invalidate what they have done so far? Answer:

It wouldn't.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-08-2010, 06:35 AM

WTF?

milkman
10-08-2010, 06:41 AM
Yes, they did.

And my point is that we all still went on and on about how we'd run on them.

Just like a lot of folks are doing now.

I hope like hell we can, and do run on them.

But I'm not naive enough to think that we absolutely will, like others are.

The difference between this Chiefs team and that '06 team is coaching.

I have no illusions that we will win this game, but I do think we will compete.

That game plan that Herman fucking Edwards and Mike Solari used in '06 was absolutely pathetic.

And adjustments?

I think Herman fucking Edwards and Mike Solari are still looking in the dictionary to find the definition of that word.

LJ up the ass again and again.

Whether Cassel can have any success passing the ball is debatable, but I have little doubt that Weis will be far more creative, both with the use of the passing game, and in the running game.

Unlike that '06 game, the Colts will have to defend the entire field from sideline to sideline, even if they line up with 8 in the box.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-08-2010, 06:43 AM
The difference between this Chiefs team and that '06 team is coaching.

I have no illusions that we will win this game, but I do think we will compete.

That game plan that Herman ****ing Edwards and Mike Solari used in '06 was absolutely pathetic.

And adjustments?

I think Herman ****ing Edwards and Mike Solari are still looking in the dictionary to find the definition of that word.

LJ up the ass again and again.

Whether Cassel can have any success passing the ball is debatable, but I have little doubt that Weis will be far more creative, both with the use of the passing game, and in the running game.

Unlike that '06 game, the Colts will have to defend the entire field from sideline to sideline, even if they line up with 8 in the box.

What I sincerely hope, is that Weis takes some shots downfield and that he isn't watching the Jags film thinking it is the 'blueprint'.

I know the Chiefs want to take the ball away from Manning as much as possible, but I hope they take some well timed shots.... especially on first down.

milkman
10-08-2010, 06:56 AM

I believe that's a product of coaching.

You rarely ever saw Parcells coached teams lose to teams that they should win against.

You rarely see that with Bellichick.

You rarely saw that with Tony Dungy.

Those caoaches (even Dungy, who is about the most overrated coach ever) keep/kept their teams focused on the task at hand.

Lesser teams get up for the better teams, which is why you often see them win games they shouldn't.

But teams that don't overlook those lesser teams don't often lose to those teams.

milkman
10-08-2010, 07:07 AM

I really blieve that people are underestimating the difference that Ryan Lija's release has made for that team.

Manning is getting pressured staright up the gut this year, and that had a lot to do with the success the Texans and Jags had against the Colts.

They didn't let Manning sit in the pocket and take his shots downfield.
They forced him to get rid of the ball and kept everything short.

If Crennel can take advantage of their weakness up front and find a way to get that same pressure from the middle, the Chiefs should be able to make Manning rely on the short passing game to move the colts.

You aren't going to stop Manning and that offense, but you can make them work for their scores.

Jerm
10-08-2010, 09:41 AM
I love that everyone is sleeping on us...just gives the guys even more motivation to go into Indy win.

These morons on ESPN are acting like it's a foregone conclusion...Jon Richie said the Colts are "going to end the charade"...go fuck yourself.

God I want to win this game more than anything.

Reaper16
10-08-2010, 09:45 AM

Bob Sanders played against the Chiefs. That Colts run D magically got to be immensely better with him in the lineup.

Halfcan
10-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Prisco sucks-he always picks the wrong team-so i am glad he put that out there.

Gary
10-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Chiefs - Godzilla
Colts - Shitty paper mache Japanese buildings

COME GET SOME MOTHER****ERS.

Just had a flashback to Eddie Kennison's remark to a reporter before a game against Denver: "We've got something for they ass!" about the Broncos...then flash forward to Clinton Portis showing off his championship belt on the sidelines with Rod Smith looking on and both of them laughing at Eddie after they kicked our asses.

Frazod
10-08-2010, 10:41 AM
I haven't been able to locate even one expert who has predicted we'll win the game.

Damn.

grandllama
10-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Manning may be the Great Accomplishment Facilitator on his team, the guy that gets Indy over impossible-looking humps, but he can truly suck my dick while feeding me a ****ing Oreo cookie; I hope we absolutely humiliate that mother****er.

What, you couldn't work in 'While I'm Watching the game on my Sony 3D TV and chanting SUCK THAT MEAT... SUCK THAT MEAT..."

ROFL

grandllama
10-08-2010, 10:48 AM
I haven't been able to locate even one expert who has predicted we'll win the game.

Damn.

..to quote Martha Stewart... 'And that's a good thing'

johnny961
10-08-2010, 10:58 AM

Damn.

Me neither. I did notice that the latest line has dropped to Chiefs as 7 point underdogs, though.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2010, 11:01 AM
By the time the 3rd quarter hits, Peyton Manning is going to feel like Justin Timberlake took off his 3-D glasses in Sony studios.

Inspector
10-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict the Chiefs will be at least 3-13 this year and possibly even better.

We'll see if I'm right.

ReynardMuldrake
10-08-2010, 11:09 AM

Damn.

Go to nfl.com and click on playbook. Joe picks the Chiefs to win it. I would post a link if I could.

johnny961
10-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Go to nfl.com and click on playbook. Joe picks the Chiefs to win it. I would post a link if I could.

I'll be damned. Just checked it out.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81b2581f/Playbook-Chiefs-vs-Colts

The Bad Guy
10-08-2010, 11:25 AM
I think we are a huge longshot to win this game.

However, those comparing this team to the 06 ones are ridiculous.

We have 100x better coaching, a better ground game, a better line, and a better defense than that 06 team.

The Colts I don't see as nearly the team they were then either.

Morgan in the back end, their interior line sucks and linebackers are fooled easily.

Charles and Jones should have well over 200 on Sunday.

Will it be enough? I doubt it.

ReynardMuldrake
10-08-2010, 12:40 PM
I'll be damned. Just checked it out.

Don't forget Joe Theismann. It's on blogs.nfl.com. Google "theismann picks chiefs colts" and click the first link. I can't post the link.