PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports OKC Thunder game & LeBron James KC Party

BWillie
10-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Anybody going to the Miami Heat & Oklahoma City Thunder game tomorrow night? Should be fun, wish I bought my tickets earlier because tickets are now pretty expensive. I guess everybody wants to see the KU NBA players and two of the premier teams in the league duke it out in a meaningless game.

And apparently Lebron is throwing a party tonight at the Midland before the game. Yes, if you play your cards right you can bet bottle service for 10 people for a low, low price of $2000 and will be in close proximately to Lebron James and other celebrities like Nick Wright!!!!

www.gentkc.com

Munson
10-07-2010, 11:37 PM
I'll be at the game for a buddy's bachelor party. I have no idea where our seats are. It should be a fun night of b-ball and booze.

Sure-Oz
10-07-2010, 11:50 PM
One of my friends is goingto lebrons party wearing a 'got rings?' laker shirt...shes going to have him try to sign it

Dante84
10-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Snapped this a little after I met him. Got a good 10 second convo with him!

Also got to meet Berry, Dex, Will Shields, and Greg Wesley. Hilarious.

KCUnited
10-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Don't switch the blade
On the guy in shades, oh-no
Don't masquerade
With the guy in shades, oh-no
I can't believe it
'Cause you got it made
With the guy in shades, oh-no

penguinz
10-08-2010, 09:42 AM
I would be more impressed with meeting Mr Belding than any athlete.

sedated
10-08-2010, 09:42 AM

since he was wearing his shades in a dimly lit bar, I'm assuming he did not order a miller lite with the vortex bottle.

Dante84
10-08-2010, 10:50 AM
since he was wearing his shades in a dimly lit bar, I'm assuming he did not order a miller lite with the vortex bottle.

Goose and water.

BWillie
10-08-2010, 02:12 PM
I think it's pretty funny that they advertised that party as "including invited guest Kevin Durant". Durant declined the invitation and said he doesn't go out during the season, yet they still advertised it that way...thinking that if you go you will see Kevin Durant. Pretty sly.

Saulbadguy
10-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Anybody going to the Miami Heat & Oklahoma City Thunder game tomorrow night? Should be fun, wish I bought my tickets earlier because tickets are now pretty expensive. I guess everybody wants to see the KU NBA players and two of the premier teams in the league duke it out in a meaningless game.

And apparently Lebron is throwing a party tonight at the Midland before the game. Yes, if you play your cards right you can bet bottle service for 10 people for a low, low price of $2000 and will be in close proximately to Lebron James and other celebrities like Nick Wright!!!!

www.gentkc.com

ROFL

googlegoogle
10-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Sound like he was just there for the paycheck.

Wasn't interested in even being there. What's with the Asian chicks?

BWillie
10-08-2010, 04:21 PM

haha yes. G Wes. Does he still live in KC or something. I always loved the G Wes

Al Bundy
10-08-2010, 05:06 PM
ROFL

I chuckled at that as well, no one is there to watch anyone but Lebron or Durant.

-King-
10-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I woulda got kicked out because I would have kept yelling "LEBRON PIPPEN". ROFL

-King-
10-08-2010, 05:10 PM
It was fucking crazy how the price of tickets went up. Before LeBron Pippen's "decision" the tickets were cheap...soon as he said he was going to the heat...prices shot UP!

BWillie
10-08-2010, 05:20 PM
I chuckled at that as well, no one is there to watch anyone but Lebron or Durant.

Closed minded thinking. Guarantee you that the thing that put this over the top is the fact that KU players will also be there. I wouldn't be going if there wasn't some KU players to watch. I also want to see Lebron and all those guys, but the KU players do help drive some of the ticket sales. You would be crazy if you thought otherwise, that is one of the reasons they scheduled those two teams to play in Kansas City against each other. The NBA isn't stupid.

Saul Good
10-08-2010, 07:54 PM
At the game. Wanted an NBA team to come to KC as bad as anyone. This is brutal. Sucks. Its only halftime and I wish it was over. Screw the NBA. I don't want a team. It will fail in KC.

Al Bundy
10-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Closed minded thinking. Guarantee you that the thing that put this over the top is the fact that KU players will also be there. I wouldn't be going if there wasn't some KU players to watch. I also want to see Lebron and all those guys, but the KU players do help drive some of the ticket sales. You would be crazy if you thought otherwise, that is one of the reasons they scheduled those two teams to play in Kansas City against each other. The NBA isn't stupid.

You are one person... maybe 10 people came to watch the KU guys, but the rest came to see Lebron and Durant.

threebag
10-08-2010, 08:06 PM

"hey man what's up?"/Dante84
"shut up bitch"/LeBron
"thank you"/Dante84

Saul Good
10-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Got much louder applause than bron bron.Not true. I'm an MU fan, and the cheers have all been for KU players. In the introduction, Chalmers and Aldrich have had all of the applause.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2010, 08:28 PM
At the game. Wanted an NBA team to come to KC as bad as anyone. This is brutal. Sucks. Its only halftime and I wish it was over. Screw the NBA. I don't want a team. It will fail in KC.

huh??? Its only an exhibition. This is like watching an NFL preseason game and saying: This is brutal, screw the NFL, it sucks.

dirk digler
10-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Got much louder applause than bron bron.Not true. I'm an MU fan, and the cheers have all been for KU players. In the introduction, Chalmers and Aldrich have had all of the applause.

I am at the game and while the KU players did get good applause 'ebron was way louder.

and your first post was just stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saul Good
10-08-2010, 09:14 PM
I am at the game and while the KU players did get good applause 'ebron was way louder.

and your first post was just stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

My post had the sentences moved around because of my mobile. That said, chalmers won potg wit no points scored and 3 fouls.

Saulbadguy
10-08-2010, 09:35 PM
My post had the sentences moved around because of my mobile. That said, chalmers won potg wit no points scored and 3 fouls.

Wow. KU fans are bigger dorks than I thought.

cdirty
10-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Cole played good tonite.

Dante84
10-09-2010, 01:55 AM
"hey man what's up?"/Dante84
"shut up bitch"/LeBron
"thank you"/Dante84

Thats how it could have gone, and I would still be jacked.

No, I just said, "Good luck this season, man" and he said "thanks, i appreciate it" and went on his merry way. Shook my hand tho.

threebag
10-09-2010, 03:38 AM
Cool. I was just givin ya a little shit. Warren moon was probably the coolest guy I met. He was actually genuine. George Brett acted like I couldn't get my ball signed unless he banged his against my ol lady a few time first. Ted Nugent concert I stood up close to the stage and if that white gum chewing son of a bitch spit on me I was going to climb the stage and knock that gum out his mouth.

dirk digler
10-09-2010, 07:24 AM

That was for Heat POTG and they announced the voting to start around late 1st quarter or sometime in the 2nd quarter via texting. I knew he was going to win. There was a good portion of the crowd that booed Lebron when he was introduced so he is not going to get the love like he used to get except in Miami.

I just don't know what that has anything to do with KC not supporting an NBA team. On a football Friday night they sold out the Sprint Center.

As far as my impressions of the game while it was a preseason game it was entertaining when the starters where playing. Durant started out defending Lebron and visa versa and Durant made Lebron look silly a few times. My prediction is Durant is going to be the MVP this year, the guy is a flat out bad ass player. Alderich offensvily looked lost but defensively played pretty good and ended up forcing a couple of missed shots by Lebron.

I was surprised that the starters played all the way through the 3rd quarter though I don't think that was the plan for the Heat until OKC rolled out their starters.

As far as Lebron goes he played ok in the first half but played really well in the 2nd half and the Heat are going to be tough to beat. They were up by 15-16 points mid way through the 3rd quarter. Bosh played pretty well too.

I wish KC would get an NBA team and I hope the showing last night facilitates that. It was a great time and my family enjoyed it even though it was just a preseason game.

Maggot Brain
10-09-2010, 07:37 AM
I hope the Thunder play some regular season games in KC

MoreLemonPledge
10-09-2010, 11:42 AM
haha yes. G Wes. Does he still live in KC or something. I always loved the G Wes

Yeah, he's still around. I see him quite often.

Hug it Out Dan
10-09-2010, 01:00 PM
the only way i would go to an NBA game is if i was given tickets.

The NBA sucks.

BWillie
10-09-2010, 01:24 PM
the only way i would go to an NBA game is if i was given tickets.

The NBA sucks.

That's too bad. You must have stopped watching after Jordan because it's a great league now days.

Sure-Oz
10-09-2010, 01:54 PM
I pretty much watch the playoffs only...

I am a little bit of a fan of the NBA, i used to be many years ago but like College Basketball more. I used to play NBA fantasy alot too. If KC got a team i'd def. follow it more

ChiefsCountry
10-09-2010, 02:54 PM
That was for Heat POTG and they announced the voting to start around late 1st quarter or sometime in the 2nd quarter via texting. I knew he was going to win. There was a good portion of the crowd that booed Lebron when he was introduced so he is not going to get the love like he used to get except in Miami.

I just don't know what that has anything to do with KC not supporting an NBA team. On a football Friday night they sold out the Sprint Center.

As far as my impressions of the game while it was a preseason game it was entertaining when the starters where playing. Durant started out defending Lebron and visa versa and Durant made Lebron look silly a few times. My prediction is Durant is going to be the MVP this year, the guy is a flat out bad ass player. Alderich offensvily looked lost but defensively played pretty good and ended up forcing a couple of missed shots by Lebron.

I was surprised that the starters played all the way through the 3rd quarter though I don't think that was the plan for the Heat until OKC rolled out their starters.

As far as Lebron goes he played ok in the first half but played really well in the 2nd half and the Heat are going to be tough to beat. They were up by 15-16 points mid way through the 3rd quarter. Bosh played pretty well too.

I wish KC would get an NBA team and I hope the showing last night facilitates that. It was a great time and my family enjoyed it even though it was just a preseason game.

Dirk you just summed up my whole thing on the night. other than Durant part. He is good, but LeBron is better. Durant has a good shot at the MVP bc of his numbers but he still has a way to go to be in Kobe and LeBron territory.

Back to the game, I had pretty awesome seats. 2nd row across from the Heat bench. About every Chiefs player and celeberity walked by. That was pretty cool.

For those of wanting a NBA team - keep a very close eye out for Sacramento. Their arena got vetoed down, and the Maloofs have a big paymemt on the Palms the same time NBA teams can move. Just some inside information I picked up.

PS. KU fans are dumb fuckers. Talk about the ultimate homers voting for Chamlers for game MVP. That was fucking stupid. Almost as much as the new AFL's team name.

Mojo Jojo
10-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Dirk you just summed up my whole thing on the night. other than Durant part. He is good, but LeBron is better. Durant has a good shot at the MVP bc of his numbers but he still has a way to go to be in Kobe and LeBron territory.

Back to the game, I had pretty awesome seats. 2nd row across from the Heat bench. About every Chiefs player and celeberity walked by. That was pretty cool.

For those of wanting a NBA team - keep a very close eye out for Sacramento. Their arena got vetoed down, and the Maloofs have a big paymemt on the Palms the same time NBA teams can move. Just some inside information I picked up.

PS. KU fans are dumb ****ers. Talk about the ultimate homers voting for Chamlers for game MVP. That was ****ing stupid. Almost as much as the new AFL's team name.

I have been out of town, would someone please post the name of the AFL team formerly known as Brigade?