PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Johnny Depp pays surprise visit to London primary school

Hammock Parties
10-08-2010, 02:29 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1318516/Johnny-Depps-surprise-visit-London-primary-school-Captain-Jack-Sparrow.html

'Help us mutiny': Johnny Depp pays surprise visit to London primary school dressed as Jack Sparrow after letter from girl, 9

It's not every day a Hollywood heart-throb pitches up in your classroom.

But these Greenwich schoolgoers left the rest of Britain's children - if not parents - green with envy when they had a surprise visit from Johnny Depp yesterday.

The star is currently in south-east London filming the fourth Pirates Of The Caribbean movie On Stranger Tides and arrived at the Meridian Primary School dressed in full character as Captain Jack Sparrow.

He made the one-off trip after nine-year-old pupil Beatrice Delap wrote to the star asking for help staging a 'mutiny' against the teachers, as he was filming at the nearby 18th century Old Naval College.

The school was told just ten minutes before that Depp would be arriving and two blacked-out cars swept through the school gates.

An onlooker said she heard the most 'incredible screams of joy' as the actor, in full make-up, then entered the school.

In an interview on London Tonight after the visit, Beatrice revealed what she had written in the letter to the star - or rather his salty seadog alter ego.

She said: 'Captain Jack Sparrow, At Meridian Primary School, we are a bunch of budding young pirates and we were having a bit of trouble mutiny-ing against the teachers, and we'd love if you could come and help.

'Beatrice Delap, aged nine, a budding pirate.'

She said that she was then asked by the star to make herself known from the assembled pupils once he arrived, and gave her a cuddle.

Beatrice marvelled: 'He gave me a hug and he said, "Maybe we shouldn't mutiny today 'cos there are police outside monitoring me."'

Police have been a constant presence as filming has progressed at the old college, parts of which have been transformed to look like Georgian London.

Depp has been seen filming scenes in which he jumped from a third-floor window and later balanced on a chariot pulled by galloping horses.

In the movie, Johnny stars alongside Penelope Cruz, who plays an old flame of the crazy ship captain who heads off on a journey to find the fountain of youth.

The movie, which has already shot in Hawaii, Los Angeles and Puerto Rico, is due for release next summer.

Johnny has got form when it comes to flying visits to fans in London too.

He made a secret visit to Great Ormond Street Hospital in January 2008 to donate £1million to say thank you for saving his daughter's life, just months after making a clandestine visit to the wards to tell bedtime stories to sick children on the wards dressed as Captain Sparrow.

The then eight-year-old Lily-Rose was treated there in March 2007 when her kidneys failed while he and partner Vanessa Paradis were staying in Richmond, southwest London, together with son Jack John, while Johnny filmed Sweeney Todd at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire.

http://i54.tinypic.com/kcnr60.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/jkehhv.jpg

kcxiv
10-08-2010, 02:37 AM
Thats pretty fucking cool. Ever since Donnie Brasco, Depp is ok in my book. Fucking forget about it.

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2010, 02:44 AM
Yes this is wicked awesome

Hammock Parties
10-08-2010, 02:47 AM
nine years later, depp taps dat pirate booty

Consistent1
10-08-2010, 05:03 AM

Oh man....I guess it is CP......

Kerberos
10-08-2010, 08:11 AM

If I were him I would be tapping DAT Penelope Cruz "Pirate" booty right now on the set in full costume.

That would be bloody awesome.

The Franchise
10-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Johnny Depp is an all around awesome dude.

It doesn't say anything in that story.....and I'll have to find the link. But he went to a restaraunt and ended up with like a $500 tab. He tipped his waitress $4000.

seclark
10-08-2010, 09:44 AM

It doesn't say anything in that story.....and I'll have to find the link. But he went to a restaraunt and ended up with like a $500 tab. He tipped his waitress $4000.

that'll put a smile on hooties face.
sec

MOhillbilly
10-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Thats pretty ****ing cool. Ever since Donnie Brasco, Depp is ok in my book. ****ing forget about it.

the movie did not mirror the book.

TinyEvel
10-08-2010, 09:46 AM

Meh. He was drunk and f'd up the conversion rate. I've done that. IN italy, the money has a ridick amount of zeros on it. (or, at least, it did twelve years ago)

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Johnny Depp is what every rich, famous, person should be IMHO. Solid, solid, motherfucker. And I believe thoroughly that he does NOT do it for the publicity.

Donger
10-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Johnny Depp is what every rich, famous, person should be IMHO. Solid, solid, mother****er. And I believe thoroughly that he does NOT do it for the publicity.

Except that he hates America.

TinyEvel
10-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Johnny Depp is what every rich, famous, person should be IMHO. Solid, solid, mother****er. And I believe thoroughly that he does NOT do it for the publicity.

fugger was playing penny slots at Ameristar, I heard. #thuglife

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2010, 09:49 AM
fugger was playing penny slots at Ameristar, I heard. #thuglife

I saw him dancing around with Bull from Night Court over a $3 win. Since he's not here often, he fucked up the conversion rate.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2010, 09:50 AM

Point taken. I'm just talking about his interaction with "commoners". I don't get the impression he takes his celebrity for granted.

FAX
10-08-2010, 09:51 AM

Which is, of course, why there was no photography allowed.

Frankly, I would have preferred him going as Sweeney Todd and threatening the little, annoying, letter-writing rugrat with a very special haircut.

FAX

Demonpenz
10-08-2010, 09:52 AM
I don't really care if he hates America...it's pretty fucked up right now. especially with the FIX of 9/11

kepp
10-08-2010, 09:54 AM
He then taught her how to properly apply eye liner.

sedated
10-08-2010, 10:02 AM

so do most americans

Stewie
10-08-2010, 10:44 AM
I've liked Depp ever since he did What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Leonardo DiCaprio (sp?) was really solid in that movie, too.