PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs vs. Colts Win Probability

DaFace
10-08-2010, 12:01 PM
The latest in my hit series of polls. Whatcha think?

KCUnited
10-08-2010, 12:06 PM
I went 30% simply because the guy from predictionmachine.com was on Petro yesterday and said this game was simulated 50,000 times and the Chiefs won 30% of them.

talastan
10-08-2010, 12:12 PM
40%, I'd say 50% if it wasn't in Indy. Even with all the advantages we currently have, Manning is that great of a QB. If Haley/Crennel/Weis get these guys fired up and ready to punch a horse in the mouth, we will be able to keep it competitive. With some luck and a couple unexpected things, turnovers, ST TD, etc. we might be able to pull out with the W!

chiefsnorth
10-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Indy's defense is down. Jax beat them last week on the ground. We will need to run the ball all day mixed with a little of the screen and misdirecting stuff you can use on a defense that is bad against the run and is pressing. (McCluster!)

It is the Colts and it's Manning, but these are weaker Colts than usual.

FAX
10-08-2010, 12:17 PM
I fear that draftabulation has turned this place from a domicile of courage into a house of trepidation.

I say, set aside your apprehension, gentlemen! Now and for all time! Deny your consternation and let not Demon Fear enter your soul! Take heart! Have faith! And let your perineum tingle!

FAX

ElGringo
10-08-2010, 12:19 PM
40% - If this game comes down to coaching we win. If it starts to become a shootout, and we try to just outscore them, we lose.

luv
10-08-2010, 12:21 PM
I say 40%.

Red Brooklyn
10-08-2010, 12:23 PM
I voted 30% in the last similiar such poll, and I'm sticking to it.

pr_capone
10-08-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm drinking to kool-aid this week.

60% chance we beat them. Houston and Jax beat them by running the ball. There is no team better than the Chiefs at doing that so far this season. If Castle can keep from turning the ball over and chuck the rock for 175-200 yards on their depleted secondary... we come out with a W.

Reaper16
10-08-2010, 12:44 PM
40%. I think this game is going to be close and it won't surprise me to see the Chiefs win.

DaFace
10-08-2010, 12:48 PM
In case anyone cares, AdvancedNFLStats.com has the probability at 49%. That's more optimistic than I am, but we'll see.

ElGringo
10-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Wow, 49%, so they are basically saying they can't pick a winner. Actually that is way more than I would expect from anyone outside of Chiefs fans.

MagicHef
10-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Wow. I put 70%. The way I see it, one team has an advantage at QB. The other team has advantages in rushing, defense and special teams. I can see it being close because teams that run a lot don't tend to produce blowouts, but I think it's a lot more likely that the Chiefs will win.

FlaChief58
10-08-2010, 12:53 PM
I went with 60%. If we can run the ball down their pie holes and mix in a few timely passes downfield, we keep peyton ineffective on the sideline. When he is in, we need to bust him in the mouth and get his panties in a bunch. If our boys play lights out like they did against the 9ers, we win.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm drinking to kool-aid this week.

60% chance we beat them. Houston and Jax beat them by running the ball. There is no team better than the Chiefs at doing that so far this season. If Castle can keep from turning the ball over and chuck the rock for 175-200 yards on their depleted secondary... we come out with a W.
agreed but it seems like everytime we face a team we Should be able to run the ball against we screw it up.

Go against a rookie left tackle ... no sacks
Go against a crappy cornerback ... not a pass in that direction

i realize our coaching is better now but the bad mojo is still strong with this team. :(

4th and Long
10-08-2010, 01:01 PM
It's in Indy, which never bodes well for a Chief's victory. You then have "The Manning Factor" which is also a strike against us.

That being said, we are coming off a week of rest. We can run the ball well. Their secondary is soft, if only Matthew will chuck it that far. They have some substantial injuries as well.

I'm going 50/50.

FAX
10-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Well, I'm all pitched out.

I fail at cheerleading. Maybe you guys are right, after all. Maybe Pioli sucks and Haley sucks and our draft class sucks and Manning holds the keys to the kingdom and all happiness and hope clenched firmly betwixt his perfect buttcheeks. Maybe we'll be embarrassed and proven to be classless pretenders as our offense sputters and our defense gives up 700 yards and 50 points in a blow-out loss to a far superior team with whom we have no business sharing a field.

... on the other hand, perhaps Haley was right about his emphasis on physical conditioning ... perhaps the two weeks of preparation provide a significant advantage to Romeo and Weis ... perhaps the fact that Weis voluntarily sacrificed his own gall bladder demonstrates to the team the kind of will power and determination and conviction necessary to win week in and week out against opponents deemed by the "experts" as superior.

And maybe Flowers is a shut-down corner in the making and Dorsey really has improved and DJ and Belcher will play to their potential and maybe our o-line and TEs can handle their front 4 and consistently break Charles into the second level where he has the ability to take it to the house every time. And maybe our return game will provide us with field position advantage and maybe we will play the game with such violence and physicality that the Colts will need pain shots just to get through Caldwell's half-time speech.

I'm thinking the latter.

FAX

4th and Long
10-08-2010, 01:13 PM

I fail at cheerleading. Maybe you guys are right, after all. Maybe Pioli sucks and Haley sucks and our draft class sucks and Manning holds the keys to the kingdom and all happiness and hope clenched firmly betwixt his perfect buttcheeks. Maybe we'll be embarrassed and proven to be classless pretenders as our offense sputters and our defense gives up 700 yards and 50 points in a blow-out loss to a far superior team with whom we have no business sharing a field.

... on the other hand, perhaps Haley was right about his emphasis on physical conditioning ... perhaps the two weeks of preparation provide a significant advantage to Romeo and Weis ... perhaps the fact that Weis voluntarily sacrificed his own gall bladder demonstrates to the team the kind of will power and determination and conviction necessary to win week in and week out against opponents deemed by the "experts" as superior.

And maybe Flowers is a shut-down corner in the making and Dorsey really has improved and DJ and Belcher will play to their potential and maybe our o-line and TEs can handle their front 4 and consistently break Charles into the second level where he has the ability to take it to the house every time. And maybe our return game will provide us with field position advantage and maybe we will play the game with such violence and physicality that the Colts will need pain shots just to get through Caldwell's half-time speech.

I'm thinking the latter.

FAX
And maybe it's really loud in Indy and we may be more prone to false start or encroachment penalties. And maybe, historically, Indy is a real bear to beat at home.

I'm just sayin' ...

FAX
10-08-2010, 01:25 PM
And maybe it's really loud in Indy and we may be more prone to false start or encroachment penalties. And maybe, historically, Indy is a real bear to beat at home.

I'm just sayin' ...

We've done pretty well in the penalty department so far this year. Turnovers, too.

As for history, we would all be posting in Japanese right now were it not for the courage of men who ran headlong into the maw of danger only to return home with its tonsils.

FAX

Frazod
10-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Fuck it - I put my 14 on the Chiefs in the confidence pool. DIE COLT SCUM! :#

I'll either win big or get crushed like an empty beer can.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Indy will be louder than Cleveland. Between the dome, and the PA system, it's going to be rough on the offense. I do think we're playing better football than Indy is right now for the most part, so I went with 40% based on the game being in the RCA dome.

Any coincidence by the way with that stadium name? I wonder if they use RCA equipment to pump all that noise down on the field.

OnTheWarpath15
10-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Indy will be louder than Cleveland. Between the dome, and the PA system, it's going to be rough on the offense. I do think we're playing better football than Indy is right now for the most part, so I went with 40% based on the game being in the RCA dome.

Any coincidence by the way with that stadium name? I wonder if they use RCA equipment to pump all that noise down on the field.

The new place is called Lucas Oil Stadium, FWIW.

And if you weren't such a puss, you could have come up and seen it in person this weekend.

:D

DeezNutz
10-08-2010, 01:52 PM
I think they have a legit chance. 40%, and this is pretty good for a road team against a HOF QB, IMO.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2010, 01:54 PM
The new place is called Lucas Oil Stadium, FWIW.

And if you weren't such a puss, you could have come up and seen it in person this weekend.

:D

Oops. That's right. And I am a puss. A 3 1/2 hour drive, followed by a 4 hour drive is brutal. We gonna hook up for the St. Louis game? CC is going I'm pretty sure. I should be up for the Jax game as well if you're gonna make it out.

4th and Long
10-08-2010, 01:56 PM
We've done pretty well in the penalty department so far this year. Turnovers, too.

As for history, we would all be posting in Japanese right now were it not for the courage of men who ran headlong into the maw of danger only to return home with its tonsils.

FAX
I notice you post a lot of historical reference. History buff?

In any event, this isn't Pearl Harbor. Were Pearl Harbor a football game we would have gotten the ball back within minutes and not taken years to make the winning score instead.

We HAVE done well with penalties. We'll see how they do inside a dome.

OnTheWarpath15
10-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Oops. That's right. And I am a puss. A 3 1/2 hour drive, followed by a 4 hour drive is brutal. We gonna hook up for the St. Louis game? CC is going I'm pretty sure. I should be up for the Jax game as well if you're gonna make it out.

I'm a no-go for Jacksonville, which sucks because I had some great seats lined up.

I'd be shocked if I didn't make the game here.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm a no-go for Jacksonville, which sucks because I had some great seats lined up.

I'd be shocked if I didn't make the game here.

Sweet. Well, for St. Louis anyways. I'm going with a CP member who offered me a ticket for the Jax game, so if you end up changing your mind, let me know. I'll track you down and bring you a beer or 4.

CC and I had talked about hooking up for the St. Louis game, so it'd be cool if we could all get together. Hit up an Ameristar and dance around the penny slots for old times sake. :D

MOhillbilly
10-08-2010, 01:59 PM
football gods, i pray at your alter so that you may bring your righteous and deserving sword of vengeance upon the heads and into the hearts of Colts fans across your kingdom.
For to long have they crushed our hopes and dreams with talent ...and luck. seven first downs and 126 total yards! The kicker who cannot be named! No MORE!

Guide thy defense to lay low the bastard sons of satan come sunday. Kill the manning with fire and brimstone blitzes. Break up the deep pass with Flowers. Stifle the run with a romeo. And please gridiron gods, guide kansas citys noodle armed QBs passes to the breadbasket and the endzone.
Amen.

I said my prayers. i give it 50%

ClevelandBronco
10-08-2010, 02:17 PM
I'd put it at about 25%, but I'd have a difficult time rounding that up to 30%.

FAX
10-08-2010, 02:24 PM
I notice you post a lot of historical reference. History buff?

Not really, Mr. 4th and Long ... I'm more of a futurist, to be honest ... always thinking about the future ... future, future, future ... and Salma Hayek. In fact, I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't even opened Mr. Amnorix's cool history thread more than a couple of times.

People say that you can learn from history, but I say, "What's the point? It's like ... over, dude."

In any event, this isn't Pearl Harbor. Were Pearl Harbor a football game we would have gotten the ball back within minutes and not taken years to make the winning score instead.

Well that is, of course, quite true. The Great War was not a football game.

Nevertheless, the basic principle applies ... sorta. What I mean is that, if you listen to those defeatists who some people (not I, of course) refer to as "the weeping willows of doom and insect-infested foreskins", one would think the Chiefs are preparing to play the Imperial Army or the X-Men or the Justice League or Big Jimmy And The Amazing Turnip Girls on Sunday. People have the right to their depressing opinions, of course, but I've decided that the era of the Mannings is coming to a close while the Era Of The Chiefs is dawning. And the turning point is this weekend. I've already made a little Peyton Manning doll out of 5-hour energy bottles, paper towels, and Crisco and assembled my pins to the ready.

I honestly think our guys will be schematically prepared and will play a more physical game than the Mannings. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I never claimed to be anything more than a pitiable homer. But, if I'm right ... well, "Yippee!" just won't quite cut it.

We HAVE done well with penalties. We'll see how they do inside a dome.

It will be a test of our discipline and fortitude, that's certain.

But check this out ... I visited the NFL website earlier to find the top-ranked league upsets of all times and, guess what? The top one on the list says this; "In the final game before the AFL-NFL merger, the Chiefs pulled off the upstart league's second straight upset win over the established NFL."

Now, is that astonishing or what? On the eve of our biggest game of the year, I just happen to look up the upset page and find that ... it's some kind of amazing, fantastic, weejee board karma, man.

FAX THE ASTONISHED AT OUR AMAZING FANTASTIC KARMA STUFF

4th and Long
10-08-2010, 02:29 PM
But check this out ... I visited the NFL website earlier to find the top-ranked league upsets of all times and, guess what? The top one on the list says this; "In the final game before the AFL-NFL merger, the Chiefs pulled off the upstart league's second straight upset win over the established NFL."

Now, is that astonishing or what? On the eve of our biggest game of the year, I just happen to look up the upset page and find that ... it's some kind of amazing, fantastic, weejee board karma, man.

FAX THE ASTONISHED AT OUR AMAZING FANTASTIC KARMA STUFF
I am now forced to begin doubting whether or not you are really off the controlled substances. :D

Otter
10-08-2010, 02:31 PM

I'm thinking the latter.

FAX

It's not a fickle bunch, it's a downright depressing bunch. It's ironic after all the years posting here I find it more enjoyable to avoid this place when the Chiefs start doing well.

FAX
10-08-2010, 02:38 PM
It's not a fickle bunch, it's a downright depressing bunch. It's ironic after all the years posting here I find it more enjoyable to avoid this place when the Chiefs start doing well.

I feel your pain, Mr. Otter.

On top of that, I haven't seen one, single poster offer up their gall bladder in exchange for a win. Not one.

FAX

Otter
10-08-2010, 02:39 PM

On top of that, I haven't seen one, single poster offer up their gall bladder in exchange for a win. Not one.

FAX

Nor Frazod a single household appliance. Not even a lousy blender!

This place sucks!

Frazod
10-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Nor Frazod a single household appliance. Not even a lousy blender!

This place sucks!

Shoot up your own kitchen, fucker! :D

cdcox
10-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Advanced NFL Stats gives us a 49% chance. Personally, I'll say 30%.

FlaChief58
10-08-2010, 03:13 PM

FAX

If it helps, my mother in-law has some vericose veins I could donate, but only if we get the win

MMXcalibur
10-08-2010, 03:16 PM
30%

...and I'm being generous. The perfect storm of controlling the clock with the run game and holding Manning to field goals/punts has to occur.

ClevelandBronco
10-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Not really, Mr. 4th and Long ... I'm more of a futurist, to be honest ... always thinking about the future ... future, future, future ... and Salma Hayek.

That kind of forward thinking just won't work for those few of us for whom Salma will always be such a vivid memory.

On the Broncos side of things, McDaniels kind of fucks things up as well.

pr_capone
10-08-2010, 03:26 PM

Doubt it. If they did use RCA equip they would wind up replacing it every 2 years.

Fritz88
10-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Peyton is pissed. He's going to take it on us. That 56 yarder last week was too much for him.

milkman
10-08-2010, 04:43 PM
football gods, i pray at your alter so that you may bring your righteous and deserving sword of vengeance upon the heads and into the hearts of Colts fans across your kingdom.
For to long have they crushed our hopes and dreams with talent ...and luck. seven first downs and 126 total yards! The kicker who cannot be named! No MORE!

Guide thy defense to lay low the bastard sons of satan come sunday. Kill the manning with fire and brimstone blitzes. Break up the deep pass with Flowers. Stifle the run with a romeo. And please gridiron gods, guide kansas citys noodle armed QBs passes to the breadbasket and the endzone.
Amen.

I said my prayers. i give it 50%

You're talking about Li nn Elliot, aren't you?

bevischief
10-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Make them stop out rushing attack! Go Chiefs!

Contrarian
10-08-2010, 05:31 PM
agreed but it seems like everytime we face a team we Should be able to run the ball against we screw it up.

Go against a rookie left tackle ... no sacks
Go against a crappy cornerback ... not a pass in that direction

i realize our coaching is better now but the bad mojo is still strong with this team. :(

What bad mojo? We're 3-0. That would be good mojo.

Bwana
10-08-2010, 06:04 PM
40%....if it was at Arrowhead, 70%.

keg in kc
10-08-2010, 06:10 PM
10%. And that's me being optimistic. I see storm clouds over this one.

They're going to score points, and when you're not executing in the passing game (and we haven't been), running the ball isn't going to be an effective way to keep up in a shootout.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2010, 06:32 PM
60%.

Charlie and Romeo are smarter and more creative than Clyde Christiansen and Larry Coyer.

The Colts have serious issues against the run and 16 banged up players. Our special teams rule and I think the Chiefs sneak out with a win.

-King-
10-08-2010, 06:57 PM
I haven't been this excited for a game since I don't know when. The bye week took forever.

-King-
10-08-2010, 06:58 PM
10%. And that's me being optimistic. I see storm clouds over this one.

They're going to score points, and when you're not executing in the passing game (and we haven't been), running the ball isn't going to be an effective way to keep up in a shootout.

If we can score without passing....whats the problem? A shootout doesn't have to be all passing.

keg in kc
10-08-2010, 06:59 PM
60%.

Charlie and Romeo are smarter and more creative than Clyde Christiansen and Larry Coyer.

The Colts have serious issues against the run and 16 banged up players. Our special teams rule and I think the Chiefs sneak out with a win.Who the hell are you and when is the real Dane coming back?

Bugeater
10-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Who the hell are you and when is the real Dane coming back?
No kidding, I thought for a second that I accidentally logged on to bizarrochiefsplanet.com.

keg in kc
10-08-2010, 07:02 PM
If we can score without passing....whats the problem? A shootout doesn't have to be all passing.They won't score without passing, that's my point. The teams that have run on Indy all have at least the threat of a passing offense. We do not. The Colts can put everybody they have in the box because they don't have to worry an iota about giving up anything deep.

-King-
10-08-2010, 07:04 PM
They won't score without passing, that's my point. The teams that have run on Indy all have at least the threat of a passing offense. We do not. The Colts can put everybody they have in the box because they don't have to worry an iota about giving up anything deep.

Yeah, except they're starting Dajuan Morgan, he will get beat easily so they wont put everyone in the box.

And what has stopped teams from putting everyone in the box the last 9 games?

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Who the hell are you and when is the real Dane coming back?

LMAO

Hey, I've been positive the last three weeks.

These coordinators are the bomb.

ReynardMuldrake
10-08-2010, 07:35 PM
They won't score without passing, that's my point. The teams that have run on Indy all have at least the threat of a passing offense. We do not. The Colts can put everybody they have in the box because they don't have to worry an iota about giving up anything deep.

What are you talking about? That's exactly the strategy the Niners took that lead to Cassel throwing for 250 yds and 3 TDs.

FAX
10-08-2010, 09:09 PM

Stop the run? Ha Oh Ho Ho He De Ha!

Can a set of saggy tittahs stop the sun from rising? Can a dead kitten stop a freight train? Can anybody stop Mr. Rain Man from posting incomprehensible polls?

No, my friend, they cannot. And you can't stop our run game.

FAX

Jerm
10-08-2010, 09:15 PM
60%.

The Colts have serious issues against the run and 16 banged up players. Our special teams rule and I think the Chiefs sneak out with a win.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

I feel very confident in the fact that Romeo and Weis have had two weeks to come up with killer schemes.

That and I don't think the Colts can stop our running game...I think we can control the clock.

Jerm
10-08-2010, 09:16 PM

The Jaguars have a threat of a passing game???

:eek:

keg in kc
10-08-2010, 09:24 PM
What are you talking about? That's exactly the strategy the Niners took that lead to Cassel throwing for 250 yds and 3 TDs.And I certainly hope we're able to smoke and mirror our way to another 250 yards passing. I just don't believe it's going to happen. Our receivers haven't shown any ability to separate with any consistency and our QB hasn't shown any ability to hit them when they do.

You guys act like the Chiefs haven't lost 38 of their last 51 games. Like we're this great team that's just supposed to swagger into Indianapolis and win this easy game against a nothing team.

Reality check: we're the nothing team. We've won three games. This is the Colts we're talking about. They've won at least 12 a year for 7 seasons, and their best player is off to the best start of his career. It took a 59-yard field goal to beat them last week on the road. We're going into their house. There's a reason we're touchdown underdogs. Winning this game would be a huge upset.

Hey, I hope the turn-around is as far ahead of schedule as it looks like it might be. But man has everybody gone od on the kool-aid.

FAX
10-08-2010, 09:28 PM
And I certainly hope we're able to smoke and mirror our way to another 250 yards passing. I just don't believe it's going to happen. Our receivers haven't shown any ability to separate with any consistency and our QB hasn't shown any ability to hit them when they do.

You guys act like the Chiefs haven't lost 38 of their last 51 games. Like we're this great team that's just supposed to swagger into Indianapolis and win this easy game against a nothing team.

Reality check: we're the nothing team. We've won three games. This is the Colts we're talking about. They've won at least 12 a year for 7 seasons, and their best player is off to the best start of his career. It took a 59-yard field goal to beat them last week on the road. We're going into their house. There's a reason we're touchdown underdogs. Winning this game would be a huge upset.

Hey, I hope the turn-around is as far ahead of schedule as it looks like it might be. But man has everybody gone od on the kool-aid.

This is no time for surrender, Mr. keg in kc. This is a time to deliver death on a shish kabob skewer.

First, we shish, then we kabob, then we skewer. It's a simple game, really.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2010, 09:31 PM

Well, yes and no.

This team has FOUR first rounders on the defense and two second rounders. Carr and Lewis have performed well above their pay grade along with Belcher, Smith and Edwards.

The parts are there. They just needed someone to coordinate, coach and pull it all together.

As for the offense, the playmakers are there as well. Charles can score anytime he touches the ball, as can McCluster. Thomas Jones will get the tough yards and Moeaki is picking up right where Gonzalez left off.

IF Weis can put together an effective game plan, this team can win and will continue to win. There are obvious weaknesses but it's clear that these coordinators and coaches can gameplan around them.

If the Chiefs lose Sunday, we'll all sit back and say "Well, they were supposed to lose". If they win, then it'll be exactly what's expected of a 3-0, playoff team.

I'm excited.

keg in kc
10-08-2010, 09:35 PM
This is no time for surrender, Mr. keg in kc.
I hope we win the game. Nothing in the world would make me happier. But anybody expecting it at this point is nuts. You guys aren't doing anything but setting yourself up for one hell of a Sunday afternoon let-down.

If you want to call that 'surrender', so be it. I call it 'reality'.

beach tribe
10-08-2010, 09:43 PM

I'm thinking the latter.

FAX

Maybe you're right. I voted 40%, but I'm doubling it after this gem.
MAYBE it's time for US to be among those whose asses are frequently kissed with cherry flavored chap stick.....maybe. It is possible.

keg in kc
10-08-2010, 09:47 PM
The parts are there. They just needed someone to coordinate, coach and pull it all together.

As for the offense, the playmakers are there as well. Charles can score anytime he touches the ball, as can McCluster. Thomas Jones will get the tough yards and Moeaki is picking up right where Gonzalez left off.

IF Weis can put together an effective game plan, this team can win and will continue to win. There are obvious weaknesses but it's clear that these coordinators and coaches can gameplan around them.Seriously. When is Dane coming back?

They have playmakers, but the fundamental problems that we all saw a month ago are still there. They don't have a quarterback to get those playmakers the ball. They don't have a nose tackle. They're starting rookie safeties against the best, smartest QB in the league.

I'm not saying they can't win. What I am saying is that everything will have to go their way for it to happen. They're going to have to force turnovers. They're going to have to hold on to the ball when they have it. They're going to have to score touchdowns instead of field goals. They're going to need a return score of some kind, whether it's special teams or defense. And they're going to not only need to be able to run the ball, they're going to have to be able to pass it. A one-dimensional approach on Sunday will not win the game, not in Indy.

Hell, they'll need all of that just to keep the game close. Indy has scored a ton of points this season, and they're probably going to score Sunday, too. This doesn't look like a 17-13 game. The Chiefs will need to play their best game in years on Sunday, and they can't make any mistakes.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a NFL replay of last night's Nebraska-Kansas State game, with us playing the role of the kitty cats.

beach tribe
10-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Well, yes and no.

This team has FOUR first rounders on the defense and two second rounders. Carr and Lewis have performed well above their pay grade along with Belcher, Smith and Edwards.

IF Weis can put together an effective game plan, this team can win and will continue to win. There are obvious weaknesses but it's clear that these coordinators and coaches can gameplan around them.

If the Chiefs lose Sunday, we'll all sit back and say "Well, they were supposed to lose". If they win, then it'll be exactly what's expected of a 3-0, playoff team.

I'm excited.

Fuck yeah!

FAX
10-08-2010, 10:01 PM
I hope we win the game. Nothing in the world would make me happier. But anybody expecting it at this point is nuts. You guys aren't doing anything but setting yourself up for one hell of a Sunday afternoon let-down.

Well, I have the greatest respect for you, Mr. keg in kc ... as both a poster and a person whom I have yet to meet in person. And, like you, I used to be a doubter ... there was a time (about three weeks ago) when I questioned our ability to win this game ... or any game, outright. Then, I saw a team go on the road with a bunch of rookies, face adversity, and bitch-slap adversity right in the kisser. Then, I saw us defeat the 69rs in resounding fashion. Then, I saw the Mannings lose against a Jags team that most "experts" said possesses less talent than we have ... on either side of the ball. Then an angel of the Lord came to me in a dream and said, "FAX! FAX! Wakest thou!" and I said, "What?", and the angel said, "Get thine ass up, FAX, and speakest thou unto the people and tellest the people thus; That the Chiefs art destined to win in Indianapolis." and I said, "Why me? No one will listen to me.", and the angel said, "FAX, mustest I telleth you again? Rise, oh lout and doest as thee are instructed according to mine words for I shalt givest unto thee a cool staff which turneth into snakes and also unto thee shalt I givest Triscuits and a block of cheddar cheese shalt thou have which shouldst be sufficient to convince the people that the Chiefs shalt win.", and so I said, "Okay, but they're not going to believe me.", and the angel said, "Thou art truly a dumbass, but busy thyself with postings or I will see to it that thine carcass burnest in Hell over the flames of desolation and with the spit of wretchedness jammed up thine ass for all eternity." And so, Mr. keg in kc, here I am with a belief that defies all logic and convention. But, believe I shall - until the final whistle blows - that we will emerge victorious from Indianapolis, shock the world, and face the Texans with a 4 and 0 record.

FAX

BossChief
10-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Well, I have the greatest respect for you, Mr. keg in kc ... as both a poster and a person whom I have yet to meet in person. And, like you, I used to be a doubter ... there was a time (about three weeks ago) when I questioned our ability to win this game ... or any game, outright. Then, I saw a team go on the road with a bunch of rookies, face adversity, and bitch-slap adversity right in the kisser. Then, I saw us defeat the 69rs in resounding fashion. Then, I saw the Mannings lose against a Jags team that most "experts" said possesses less talent than we have ... on either side of the ball. Then an angel of the Lord came to me in a dream and said, "FAX! FAX! Wakest thou!" and I said, "What?", and the angel said, "Get thine ass up, FAX, and speakest thou unto the people and tellest the people thus; That the Chiefs art destined to win in Indianapolis." and I said, "Why me? No one will listen to me.", and the angel said, "FAX, mustest I telleth you again? Rise, oh lout and doest as thee are instructed according to mine words for I shalt givest unto thee a cool staff which turneth into snakes and also unto thee shalt I givest Triscuits and a block of cheddar cheese shalt thou have which shouldst be sufficient to convince the people that the Chiefs shalt win.", and so I said, "Okay, but they're not going to believe me.", and the angel said, "Thou art truly a dumbass, but busy thyself with postings or I will see to it that thine carcass burnest in Hell over the flames of desolation and with the spit of wretchedness jammed up thine ass for all eternity." And so, Mr. keg in kc, here I am with a belief that defies all logic and convention. But, believe I shall - until the final whistle blows - that we will emerge victorious from Indianapolis, shock the world, and face the Texans with a 4 and 0 record.

FAX

Greatness that overcomes the wall of words, this is.

beach tribe
10-08-2010, 10:28 PM

That's the same thing anyone would have said if someone expected to win our first three games. I truly will not be crushed, even if we get blown out. We have the necessary makeup to win this game. Everything does not have to go exactly right, and we do not have to have a return TD. We just need to run the ball, play defense, and not turn the ball over, and we will have a chance at the end. I see Weis setting up a lot of underneath stuff, and Moeaki picking on Morgan, which will make Cassel effective. Ball control ball control, ball control.

johnny961
10-08-2010, 11:10 PM
The more I look at this matchup, the more I'm liking our odds.

-King-
10-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Dane is going full homer on us. Give it 3 more weeks and he'll be calling Hamas, OTWP, and Mecca douchenozzles that deserve to die in a antifreeze infused AIDs fire.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-08-2010, 11:41 PM
100%.

Homervision ENGAGED.

DaFace
10-08-2010, 11:46 PM
This week's ChiefsPlanet average optimism level is currently at 46%. This is compared with 58% IIRC from the Niners game. It'll be interesting to see how the CP index compares to other rankings over time.

keg in kc
10-08-2010, 11:53 PM
That's the same thing anyone would have said if someone expected to win our first three games. I truly will not be crushed, even if we get blown out. We have the necessary makeup to win this game. Everything does not have to go exactly right, and we do not have to have a return TD. We just need to run the ball, play defense, and not turn the ball over, and we will have a chance at the end. I see Weis setting up a lot of underneath stuff, and Moeaki picking on Morgan, which will make Cassel effective. Ball control ball control, ball control.The difference in this game is two-fold: the quality of the opponent and the location. Indy is the best team we'll play this year, even down a dozen players. And it's there. If it was in Arrowhead, I'd give us a better shot. But we won't have the home crowd pushing us this time. If we play the kind of game we played against Cleveland, the "ball control ball control, ball control" you want, Indy is going to blow us out of the stadium. This is not Seneca Wallace throwing to Ben Watson and Josh Cribbs. Manning already has 1300+ yards and 3 Colts receivers already have 25+ catches. I think we're going to need at least 28 points Sunday, and I don't think a martyball approach is going to get us anything more than yet another loss to the colts. They're going to have to make some plays down the field. Or they're going to have to score in non-traditional ways (i.e. returns).

Hey, I hope my read on this game is off, but I think this is the week we crash back down to earth. Fortunately for us, we only have a couple more games even close to this one on the schedule. Next week in Houston and then San Diego on the road later on. I think for all the rest we have a good shot of winning. I don't know that any game will be easy (especially the road ones) but after that 3-0 start any less than 9 wins would have to be a disappointment.

But, either way, I think this week and next week, if they manage to win either one of them, it's a major, major win. This team hasn't reached the point in the rebuild where they should be all that competitive in games like this, not realistically. Road games against quality opponents are difficult for contending teams in the NFL, much less ones a year into a rebuild like KC.

lostcause
10-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Two rookie safeties and a rookie nickel back. Herein lies the Chiefs problem. I am happy they are playing and they are all three very talented, but I think Peyton eats them for breakfast. Flowers and Carr are playing great, the run defense is demolishing running games... But none of that means anything against the Colts. Their 3rd and 4th WR/TEs can run up and down the field and Peyton will expose the lack of experience in our secondary. I would love to be on the kool-aid for this one, but we are most inexperienced at the places that Manning can just crush. Our only real hope is to mount a pass-rush; if the front 7 can force bad throws on 3rd down then the D has a chance to limit the damage to less than 28 points. If the Indy Oline holds up, the Chiefs have potential to get absolutely torched.