PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Losing is easier when there's no hope.

DaFace
10-10-2010, 02:32 PM
The past few years, the losses have become easier and easier to take. When you have no expectations, a loss is a loss, and a win is a nice surprise.

I'd almost forgotten the afternoon funk that follows a loss when you actually thought the Chiefs had a chance.

:sulk:

Messier
10-10-2010, 02:33 PM
No joke. Judging by the anger of Chiefs fans they have started to believe.

Thig Lyfe
10-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Yup. I'm totally deflated right now and I have too much shit to do.

Cassel just raped the rest of my weekend.

Thig Lyfe
10-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Yup. I'm totally deflated right now and I have too much shit to do.

Cassel just raped the rest of my weekend.

kstater
10-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Agree with the principle, disagree with the feeling today. I watched a team that's better than the 6-10/7-9/8-8 record we all predicted. This is a team that looks good to watch.

Jerm
10-10-2010, 02:40 PM
The reason this loss sucks so much is because Indy did everything they could to gift us the game and we couldn't take advantage of it.

Manning sucked and our defense was awesome...you tell me that before the game and I 100% think it's a Chiefs W.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Yep, today was tough. Gut-wrenching.

It's gonna take some time to get used to it again.

Red Brooklyn
10-10-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't feel good. But I feel fine. This is about what I expected, give or take. We learned a lot about who this team is in a definative way. And we have the opportunity to see how this team responds to a tough loss.

No one expected us to go undefeated. There have been many losses that stung much worse.

MichaelH
10-10-2010, 02:45 PM
I posted a few days ago that if the defense makes Manning cry like Philip Rivers then there's a good chance for a win. I didn't factor in the QB. For now on he's just the QB until he gets hurt or replaced permanently. When the team is real bad like last year and the years under Hermie, I learned not to get down. But the poor QB play along with some costly gambles cost the Chiefs a win against an excellent team. That hurts.

LaChapelle
10-10-2010, 02:48 PM
They played far better than I expected(defense)
I don't feel bad for this loss at all
I already knew Cassel sucked balls

Fritz88
10-10-2010, 02:50 PM
I am extremely contend with this loss.

I have known all along that Cassel is an incompetent piece of shit.

I know that Bowe is not a clutch WR.

I knew JC would cough the ball up at one point every now and then.

Our D is great. We may not have sacked Manning, but we gave him hell in picking and connecting with his targets.

What is new is that I learned that I have a coach who has enough balls. He is taking too many chances. He will learn just like he learned from last year, to pick his battles carefully. I like.

Red Brooklyn
10-10-2010, 02:52 PM

Our D is great. We may not have sacked Manning, but we gave him hell in picking and connecting with his targets.

What is new is that I learned that I have a coach who has enough balls. He is taking too many chances. He will learn just like he learned from last year, to pick his battles carefully. I like.
Stupid question, but was Hali's hit on Manning not counted as a sack? I was watching at a bar in NYC w/o sound. We were all jumping around like idiots.

well, look at it this way. Pioli will have Carl syndrome with Cassel so get used to it.

tk13
I don't hate this one as much as the playoff losses, for obvious reasons. I thought it was going to be a very difficult game to win.

And for all the mistakes we did make... it's not like we didn't get a first down till the 3rd quarter, or couldn't force them to punt. We played great on defense, and our offense lost us the game but we were in position to make plays to change the game. We just didn't make them.

Messier
10-10-2010, 02:53 PM

We did sack Manning.

I feel bad because this game was more winnable than I though it would be, but even if we win 11 games, that means we lose 5. I would expect, in any season, that @ Indy would be one of them.

KCUnited
10-10-2010, 02:54 PM
I have expectations and they were realized today. 40% of the board gave KC a 50% or higher chance of winning the game. We play 10 games against Indy, we win 3 of them, my expectations.

Shag
10-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Stupid question, but was Hali's hit on Manning not counted as a sack? I was watching at a bar in NYC w/o sound. We were all jumping around like idiots.

I believe any forced fumble on the QB is also counted as a sack (assuming it's behind the LOS)...

Shag
10-10-2010, 02:57 PM
This is the worst I've felt after a loss in a long time, which is awesome and terrible, lol. It's nice to be in a place again where losses matter, other than improving our draft position...

Red Brooklyn
10-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I believe any forced fumble on the QB is also counted as a sack (assuming it's behind the LOS)...
Thank you. That's what I thought. But dude's post had me doubting.

CHENZ A!
10-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I will take the lows in exchange for the highs of big losses/wins any day rather than being mired in mediocrity/futility.

cdcox
10-10-2010, 02:59 PM
I never got my hopes up for this one. I was pulling hard for us to win, but never had the feeling, even during the game, that we would actually pull it off. Realistically, Colts at home is about as tough as it gets.

It will be much tougher when we drop a game against a weaker team.

Otter
10-10-2010, 03:06 PM
It's painful but it's better than no hope; Yes, I feel like I just witnessed my dog getting run over and I have no desire to watch football for a little while but there's next week. This too shall pass.

:grouphug:

DaFace
10-10-2010, 03:08 PM
It's painful but it's better than no hope; Yes, I feel like I just witnessed my dog getting run over and I have no desire to watch football for a little while but there's next week. This too shall pass.

:grouphug:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qybUFnY7Y8w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qybUFnY7Y8w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Saulbadguy
10-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Meh. If we can play with the Colts on the road, we can play with any team in the NFL. That wasn't the case for the past few years. I don't like losing, but i'm not that upset.

WilliamTheIrish
10-10-2010, 03:15 PM
The reason this loss sucks so much is because Indy did everything they could to gift us the game and we couldn't take advantage of it.

Manning sucked and our defense was awesome...you tell me that before the game and I 100% think it's a Chiefs W.

Indy did nothing to "gift" this game. The Chiefs were the more physical team and the defense dominated the best offense in the league for 57 minutes.

Jerm
10-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Indy did nothing to "gift" this game. The Chiefs were the more physical team and the defense dominated the best offense in the league for 57 minutes.

Manning INT, questionable play calls, Addai out injured, etc.

Our defense was fucking shit up no doubt but Indy was far from their best.

Extra Point
10-10-2010, 03:24 PM
This game was existentialism at its best. Cassel now owns a doctorate in philosophy, thanks to his dissertation in anquish, entitled "Waiting for No Bowe." He couldn't snap out of two consecutive drops by the giggling receiver.

The Bad Guy
10-10-2010, 03:25 PM

Wait. How the fuck did the Colts gift us the game?

The Chiefs defense kicked the offenses ass, and the Chiefs offense couldn't stay on the field.

End of story.

The Bad Guy
10-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Manning INT, questionable play calls, Addai out injured, etc.

Our defense was ****ing shit up no doubt but Indy was far from their best.

Questionable play calls?

So an injury is a gift?

I know your name is Jerm, but you don't have to post like you're fucking Herm.

mlyonsd
The fact we played tough at Indy was enough for me. We're getting better and heading in the right direction.

If we win next week on the road the Indy loss will be forgotten.

Jerm
Wait. How the fuck did the Colts gift us the game?

The Chiefs defense kicked the offenses ass, and the Chiefs offense couldn't stay on the field.

End of story.

Whoa wait...I didn't say they gifted us the game, "gifting" was probably a bad choice of words on my part.

The point I was trying to make was that they weren't on point at all, Manning sucked, and the game was there for the taking.

milkman
10-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Since I said earlier this week that I thought we had about zero chance of winning, this loss doesn't bother me.

What pisses me off is that Matt Cassel is our QB, and I can expect mre losses like this one.

milkman
10-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Whoa wait...I didn't say they gifted us the game, "gifting" was probably a bad choice of words on my part.

The point I was trying to make was that they weren't on point at all, Manning sucked, and the game was there for the taking.

Manning sucked because the Chiefs defense, primarily Hali, was bringing it for much of the day.

Manning played the way Manning plays when he gets consistently pressured and hit.

KCrockaholic
10-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Since I said earlier this week that I thought we had about zero chance of winning, this loss doesn't bother me.

What pisses me off is that Matt Cassel is our QB, and I can expect mre losses like this one.

Same here............... Please let it end.

Jerm
10-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Manning sucked because the Chiefs defense, primarily Hali, was bringing it for much of the day.

Manning played the way Manning plays when he gets consistently pressured and hit.

Hali was a monster again, no doubt...especially considering he gets held every fucking play it seems.

The Bad Guy
10-10-2010, 03:53 PM

Manning always sucks against Romeo. That's not on them. That's on the defense dictating.

Jerm
10-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Manning always sucks against Romeo. That's not on them. That's on the defense dictating.

That INT he threw was God awful...almost did a double take when he threw it.

Have no clue what he was looking at there.

DaFace
10-10-2010, 05:57 PM
AMENDMENT: Losses are easier when the two closest teams in the standings both lose too.

Rain Man
10-10-2010, 06:02 PM
It killed me to see us go three and out repeatedly when one stupid score would win the game. And we couldn't even get a first down.

ChiefaRoo
10-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Yep, today was tough. Gut-wrenching.

It's gonna take some time to get used to it again.

It does hurt again. Thank God.

I went to the gym after the game and lifted and ran it all out of me. Best workout I've had all week.

KCrockaholic
10-10-2010, 06:11 PM
AMENDMENT: Losses are easier when the two closest teams in the standings both lose too.

Ha. Definitely this!

DBOSHO
10-10-2010, 06:18 PM
All thats holding us back from being a serious contender is a legitimate nfl quarterback and it pisses me off so fucking much.