PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So... what are the Chiefs' QB options in 2011?

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 04:38 PM
I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs are good enough that they will probably not have a top 15 pick. I think with their easy schedule and a pretty decent squad, 8-8 is more than reasonable. That being said, Luck and Mallett are likely not in the cards.

So now what?

Would you trade the moon to get one of those two guys?

Who are some free agents worth looking at? The only one that comes to mind that might be interesting to look at is Shaun Hill--not a guy I'd revolve my franchise around, but a solid veteran that I'd be comfortable starting until we feel comfortable going with a rookie.

Bane
10-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Cassel.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 04:40 PM
I was just about to post this thread.

I think the Chiefs are going to have a very unique opportunity to pick a rookie quarterback and slide him into a perfect situation next year. He'll be loaded up with a good defense, good offensive line and running game, good tight end and decent receivers.

Find a receiver in free agency or make a trade and surround him with everything he needs to succeed.

Gabbert, Luck, whoever's coming out, I don't know.

We need to trade up if necessary and give them the Sanchez treatment.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 04:42 PM
You mean 2012?

Bane
10-10-2010, 04:42 PM

I think the Chiefs are going to have a very unique opportunity to pick a rookie quarterback and slide him into a perfect situation next year. He'll be loaded up with a good defense, good offensive line and running game, good tight end and decent receivers.

Find a receiver in free agency or make a trade and surround him with everything he needs to succeed.

Typically I've been against this,but given how long it's been since we've had a legit QB I say we break the bank if we have to.We've passed on too many that are far better than Cassel.

Dayze
10-10-2010, 04:43 PM
no fuckin' way KC drafts a QB. they're too pussified to ever attempt it.

Cassel and / or some washed up 30 yr old FA.

ArrowheadMagic
10-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Mallet would be a wasted pick. Leaf II.
Luck or bust. Pat Devlin...after he flacco's the combine.

Saccopoo
10-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Luck and Mallet are underclassmen and may or may not declare. It's a bit premature to start jerking the pickle over guys like that. Same with Foles of Arizona, Gabbert of Missouri, Newton of Auburn, Pryor of Ohio State, Moore of Boise State, etc. (Luck is a red shirt sophomore. The others are juniors.)

The senior class is Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, Pat Devlin, Colin Kaepernick and Ricky Stanzi.

They won't see Locker or Ponder if they pick around #15. Devlin might be had in the 2nd. Kaepernick in the 3rd or 4th, but he's having a monster season and will most likely move up.

pr_capone
10-10-2010, 04:47 PM

Available receivers via FA that I would like to see in KC include

Miles Austin
Sidney Rice
Steve Smith
Santonio Holmes (doubt he passes the character guy test though)
Donald Driver
Mike Sims Walker
Davone Bess

ArrowheadMagic
10-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Luck and Mallet are underclassmen and may or may not declare. It's a bit premature to start jerking the pickle over guys like that. Same with Foles of Arizona, Gabbert of Missouri, Newton of Auburn, Pryor of Ohio State, Moore of Boise State, etc. (Luck is a red shirt sophomore. The others are juniors.)

The senior class is Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, Pat Devlin, Colin Kaepernick and Ricky Stanzi.

Dont like your double post... But like Foles for some reason. There's something about him.

Rasputin
10-10-2010, 04:49 PM
no ****in' way KC drafts a QB. they're too pussified to ever attempt it.

Cassel and / or some washed up 30 yr old FA.

I think if Clark Hunt has his way, we will draft a QBotf. He has been calling out the draft from the time his dad died.

milkman
10-10-2010, 04:50 PM
I honestly don't believe that Pioli will pull the trigger on a QB in the first round, much less trade up in the first round to get the most coveted prize.

sportsman1
10-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Mallett is a head case IMO. He isnt going to be a good NFL QB. Lets play a few more games out and let college finish before we really make any calls on which way we should go at QB.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 04:51 PM
We'll have a choice between Cassel and some 30-something, washed up FA.

Or they'll draft a guy in the 5th round and try to win the lottery again.

DeezNutz
10-10-2010, 04:52 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

Baldwin and Ponder. And we all skeet skeet.

Saccopoo
10-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Dont like your double post... But like Foles for some reason. There's something about him.

You don't like the double post? Really? That's weird. I guess that I should fucking delete it then...oops. I guess I already did. Douche.

pr_capone
10-10-2010, 04:53 PM
We'll have a choice between Cassel and some 30-something, washed up FA.

Or they'll draft a guy in the 5th round and try to win the lottery again.

You realize that Carl is not in charge anymore, right?

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 04:54 PM
You realize that Carl is not in charge anymore, right?

You apparently weren't paying attention when we had the opportunity to draft a franchise QB under the new regime.

We took another teams' garbage.

Expect more of the same.

ArrowheadMagic
10-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Mallett is a head case IMO. He isnt going to be a good NFL QB. Lets play a few more games out and let college finish before we really make any calls on which way we should go at QB.

Mallet is the ultimate tools guy. A la Leaf. aka Russell. Luck is head and shoulders above any draft eligible QB.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Probably what's gonna happen is Cassel will throw 20 TD, 3200 yards, 15 INT, we'll be 10-6 and they won't make a move.

They'll draft a receiver and try and prop him up even more. Might trade Bowe as a scapegoat.

DeezNutz
10-10-2010, 04:55 PM
You apparently weren't paying attention when we had the opportunity to draft a franchise QB under the new regime.

Expect more of the same.

In fairness, it was a pattern for the Chiefs as we know them, as fans for a long period of time.

But as it applies to Pioli's tenure in KC, this was an isolated incident, so we should be hopeful that we might go in a different direction. So that's what I have to think to give some light to the situation.

ArrowheadMagic
10-10-2010, 04:56 PM

Expect more of the same.

We also didnt address the run defense in the 2010 draft, right?

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Probably what's gonna happen is Cassel will throw 20 TD, 3200 yards, 15 INT, we'll be 10-6 and they won't make a move.

They'll draft a receiver and try and prop him up even more. Might trade Bowe as a scapegoat.

How the fuck is Cassel getting to those numbers throwing for 100 a game?

DeezNutz
10-10-2010, 04:58 PM
No one likes the Baldwin/Ponder prediction?

pr_capone
10-10-2010, 04:59 PM
In fairness, it was a pattern for the Chiefs as we know them, as fans for a long period of time.

But as it applies to Pioli's tenure in KC, this was an isolated incident, so we should be hopeful that we might go in a different direction. So that's what I have to think to give some light to the situation.

:clap:

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 05:00 PM

He will have to really explode for him to match those numbers. Right now he is on pace for 2600 yds and 16 TD's

</post>
10-10-2010, 05:02 PM

What's even sadder is that he'd need to almost double his YPG to accomplish that goal.

ChiefsCountry
10-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Well the best backup QB on the market will be Shaun Hill. Kansas native and his offseason home is at the Lake of the Ozarks.
http://blogs.kansas.com/statecolleges/files/2010/09/ShaunHill.jpg

</post>
10-10-2010, 05:03 PM
He will have to really explode for him to match those numbers. Right now he is on pace for 2600 yds and 16 TD's
Beat me to it :crybaby:

ArrowheadMagic
10-10-2010, 05:07 PM
You don't like the double post? Really? That's weird. I guess that I should ****ing delete it then...oops. I guess I already did. Douche.

Not like it made more sense the 2nd time around. Sure you'll pull out ...we need another lineman in the 1st rd card soon enough.I am sure you will double post about something you know nothing about again. Just hope I am here to catch it...

pr_capone
10-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Not like it made more sense the 2nd time around. Sure you'll pull out ...we need another lineman in the 1st rd card soon enough.I am sure you will double post about something you know nothing about again. Just hope I am here to catch it...

DOOM AND GLOOM!!!!!!!

May all the vowels on your keyboard stop working.

Saccopoo
10-10-2010, 05:15 PM

Catch what? That people around here are "let's draft Luck" next year and the guy is a fucking sophomore?

I simply posted the senior QB class as no one else has (obviously) declared and anything beyond that senior class is purely conjecture. And I also know we need a QB. Cassel isn't very good.

I mean, really - what's the point of your post quoted above. That you are so fucking amazingly observant that you can actually spot a double post? Wow! You must be fucking Sherlock Holmes. I'm sure that the entire board is amazed by your perceptive skills and quick wit. I know I am.

The only thing I hope you catch is a case of herpes from your mom.

ArrowheadMagic
10-10-2010, 05:16 PM
DOOM AND GLOOM!!!!!!!

May all the vowels on your keyboard stop working.

Doesnt everyone have the no vowels key on their keyboards?

DeezNutz
10-10-2010, 05:27 PM
No one wants to go on record about Ponder?

ChiefsCountry
10-10-2010, 05:31 PM

He fits our offense really well. Smart player, decent size. He is about 3rd on my QB wishlist for this season.

Dayze
10-10-2010, 05:32 PM
I think if Clark Hunt has his way, we will draft a QBotf. He has been calling out the draft from the time his dad died.

I truly "hope", you're right.

sadly, when it comes down to it, then Chiefs will fold and not nab a QB.
Ork, nab one it the 3rd+ round.

and we all know how that works out for Super Bowl Teams.

Chiefs Rool
10-10-2010, 05:33 PM
I'd take a flyer on Shaun Hill if we draft a QB too.

DeezNutz
10-10-2010, 05:35 PM
He fits our offense really well. Smart player, decent size. He is about 3rd on my QB wishlist for this season.

He's certainly an interesting prospect, someone whom I like more than Locker.

ChiefsCountry
10-10-2010, 05:36 PM

I wouldn't touch Locker, and for that reason I hope he blows up so some team takes him and allows one of the better players ie Mallett slip.

tk13
10-10-2010, 05:38 PM

I think it's a great call. You know this front office is going to be looking at leadership, leadership, and leadership at QB. Ponder's a senior, the leader of his team, really smart... all that intangible stuff that will put him at the top of our list.

tarheel23
10-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Play Brodie and see what he can do with a descent cast of players around him,

Shag
10-10-2010, 05:40 PM

My thoughts/hopes exactly. One draft does not constitute a pattern...

Psyko Tek
10-10-2010, 05:40 PM
How the fuck is Cassel getting to those numbers throwing for 100 a game?

we do have to play the raidersd and denver
worth 500 yrds/game
easy

if bowe can catch

milkman
10-10-2010, 05:43 PM

If we're going to go the same route we always have, i.e, picking up a free agent or going after another team's backup, I'd rather trade a second to Dalls for Stephen McGee.

ArrowheadMagic
10-10-2010, 05:45 PM

Poor decision maker with a less than suspect arm. Poor footwork, crumbles under pressure. Weak 5 to 7 step drop, plays better out of the gun. locks onto the 1st target, doesnt do anything to move the safties off his 1st read.

For a better prospect that is like Ponder.... google Pat Devlin.

Saccopoo
10-10-2010, 05:46 PM

He's smart (he already has his master in business administration degree), has an NFL ready physique, has a great pocket presence and excellent footwork. He doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but it's most likely good enough for this offense.

He'd be a great pick for the Chiefs.

However, I don't think he'll get past the top ten if some of the underclassmen don't declare. Right now, he's a close second to Locker.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Cassel will mix in a couple of pad the stats games for sure. He'll hit 3K easy I bet.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 06:02 PM

Expect more of the same.

There were a lot of things we reversed course on too this season. I would be absolutely stunned if we don't walk into the 2011 season with a QB we believe can legitimately compete for the starting QB job. Barring Cassel somehow doing a complete turnaround, which is pretty unlikely. Cassel aside, this does seem to be an organization that has done a good job learning from their mistakes.

ArrowheadMagic
10-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Catch what? That people around here are "let's draft Luck" next year and the guy is a ****ing sophomore?

I simply posted the senior QB class as no one else has (obviously) declared and anything beyond that senior class is purely conjecture. And I also know we need a QB. Cassel isn't very good.

I mean, really - what's the point of your post quoted above. That you are so ****ing amazingly observant that you can actually spot a double post? Wow! You must be ****ing Sherlock Holmes. I'm sure that the entire board is amazed by your perceptive skills and quick wit. I know I am.

The only thing I hope you catch is a case of herpes from your mom.

Luck is a redshirt soph, therefore draft eligible. 2 yrs as a starter in the Pac 10 should be proof he is NFL ready. Or do you doubt that?

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 06:04 PM
There were a lot of things we reversed course on too this season. I would be absolutely stunned if we don't walk into the 2011 season with a QB we believe can legitimately compete for the starting QB job. Barring Cassel somehow doing a complete turnaround, which is pretty unlikely. Cassel aside, this does seem to be an organization that has done a good job learning from their mistakes.

Who's "we?"

We the fans?

Or we the organization?

Because it's not like the latter thought that Cassel was that guy.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Well the best backup QB on the market will be Shaun Hill. Kansas native and his offseason home is at the Lake of the Ozarks.
http://blogs.kansas.com/statecolleges/files/2010/09/ShaunHill.jpg

What I was thinking too. Either him or Tarvaris Jackson. I'd even consider a trade for Kevin Kolb for maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder (hell, I'd start calling the Eagles today). I'd also imagine we'll make a run at Brady Quinn (is he a free agent?--not the guy I'd want, just saying it's something they'd explore)

All of this I hope, of course, is only to provide a veteran presence so you don't rush a rookie that's not ready. No matter what, you have to use your first round pick on a QB.

milkman
10-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Brady Quinn?

LMAO

pr_capone
10-10-2010, 06:13 PM
What I was thinking too. Either him or Tarvaris Jackson. I'd even consider a trade for Kevin Kolb for maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder (hell, I'd start calling the Eagles today).

I'd also imagine we'll make a run at Brady Quinn (is he a free agent?--not the guy I'd want, just saying it's something they'd explore)

No.

No, No, No, No, HELL THE **** NO.

ArrowheadMagic
10-10-2010, 06:14 PM
yes, lets trade away picks for guys that have done nothing. Or do you think the teams that own their rights, are dumber than you? How are any of those backups better than Cassel? They arent the starters on their teams for a reason.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Who's "we?"

We the fans?

Or we the organization?

Because it's not like the latter thought that Cassel was that guy.

Let's not pretend that we the fans have been bulletproof. The front office has been heavily criticized for a lot of really good moves that we the fans strongly disapproved of.

The Cassel move was a huge mistake, as was a lot of 2009 personnel decisions we're still paying the price for. But based on how we approached 2010, I don't see anything that suggests that this organization is too stubborn to admit a mistake.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Brady Quinn?

LMAO

Like I said, not the guy I want. But based on his history with Charlie Weis, I'd have to think the Chiefs explore him if they get him without having to give up picks. I was one of Quinn's bigger critics when we were considering trading for him a few months ago.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Let's not pretend that we the fans have been bulletproof. The front office has been heavily criticized for a lot of really good moves that we the fans strongly disapproved of.

The Cassel move was a huge mistake, as was a lot of 2009 personnel decisions we're still paying the price for. But based on how we approached 2010, I don't see anything that suggests that this organization is too stubborn to admit a mistake.

Admitting a mistake at NCB or TE isn't the same as admitting a mistake at the most important position on the field.

Especially when the guy in question was your first ever decision as a GM.

Sully
10-10-2010, 06:19 PM
3rd for Skelton.

ArrowheadMagic
10-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Brady Quinn?

LMAO

Whats so funny? You want McGee who's upside is Cassel.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 06:20 PM
yes, lets trade away picks for guys that have done nothing. Or do you think the teams that own their rights, are dumber than you? How are any of those backups better than Cassel? They arent the starters on their teams for a reason.

Kolb, Hill, and possibly Jackson are no worse than Matt Cassel. They aren't starting because Vick, Stafford, and Favre are a lot better than Brodie Croyle.

I'd be very interested in Kolb + draft a 2011 QB. I don't know why people are so down on Kolb. I think he could have quite a bit of upside in a Charlie Weis offense.

DBOSHO
10-10-2010, 06:24 PM
At this point, id give up a top 5 pick for ryan fitzpatrick as long as i would never have to see cassel in kc ever again.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Admitting a mistake at NCB or TE isn't the same as admitting a mistake at the most important position on the field.

Especially when the guy in question was your first ever decision as a GM.

It's also the organization that didn't listen to all the fans who screamed about how badly we needed a Nose Tackle, a Left Tackle, Inside Linebacker. And an organization that didn't make any effort to bring in ex-Pats in 2010 like Jarvis Green or Ben Watson. An organization that quickly fired Pendergast and immediately after last season said that Haley can't do the OC job on his own. They've done a lot of things right and I trust that especially with better personnel guys and better assistant coaches in place, that they have the right people in place to make the right decision on Cassel.

Here's another interesting idea. If Kyle Orton doesn't get a contract by end of year, do you try to outnegotiate them for rights to his contract?

ArrowheadMagic
10-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Kolb, Hill, and possibly Jackson are no worse than Matt Cassel. They aren't starting because Vick, Stafford, and Favre are a lot better than Brodie Croyle.

I'd be very interested in Kolb + draft a 2011 QB. I don't know why people are so down on Kolb. I think he could have quite a bit of upside in a Charlie Weis offense.

Kolb is Cassel, cant move an offense, why Vick even has a remote chance of being a starter. Hill in mop up duty is ok, but no evidence he can lead an offense. Jackson is why Minny lives on Favres nuts every year. None of those choices bring more hope than Cassel, and none of those guys are worth the money we would give them.

KC kid
10-10-2010, 06:34 PM

I'd take a dump on Shaun Hill

Bane
10-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Kolb is Cassel, cant move an offense, why Vick even has a remote chance of being a starter. Hill in mop up duty is ok, but no evidence he can lead an offense. Jackson is why Minny lives on Favres nuts every year. None of those choices bring more hope than Cassel, and none of those guys are worth the money we would give them.

Yeah I loved how he had like 2 games where he lit it up and here comes the Kolb-ites.ROFL

MadMax
10-10-2010, 06:40 PM
It's also the organization that didn't listen to all the fans who screamed about how badly we needed a Nose Tackle, a Left Tackle, Inside Linebacker. And an organization that didn't make any effort to bring in ex-Pats in 2010 like Jarvis Green or Ben Watson. An organization that quickly fired Pendergast and immediately after last season said that Haley can't do the OC job on his own. They've done a lot of things right and I trust that especially with better personnel guys and better assistant coaches in place, that they have the right people in place to make the right decision on Cassel.

Here's another interesting idea. If Kyle Orton doesn't get a contract by end of year, do you try to outnegotiate them for rights to his contract?

At this point I'd trade Matt Cassel for a Booger

Bane
10-10-2010, 06:47 PM
At this point I'd trade Matt Cassel for a Booger

I think at this point just getting him out of KC should be the priority.I don't care what we get for him,what it costs to cut/release him.Grab him by the collar and throw him right out the fuggn front door.

milkman
10-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Whats so funny? You want McGee who's upside is Cassel.

Tha's all I need to hear to know you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 06:57 PM

Kolb has a handful of starts on his resume. Cassel has more than 2 full seasons. To say that the two are remotely similar is beyond ridiculous. Kolb was impressive when he started last year. He doesn't look great this year because his offensive line is embarrassingly bad. Don't know why two poor games (the second poor game being the result of the entire Philly gameplan centering around Vick) makes him such a lousy QB. You give Kolb our running game and the kind of protection Cassel's been getting, and he's a guaranteed upgrade over Cassel. I think there's a good chance the guy is more like Schaub than he is Cassel. Schaub wasn't exactly nails when he was finally handed a starting job either.

If Cassel isn't starting next year, there's no reason to bring him back. He's not going to restructure his contract for backup money.

Pioli Zombie
10-10-2010, 07:08 PM
They'll cut Cassel. No way they'll pay him the bonus. They'll sign a FA QB and draft one as well. Pioli was in Cleveland when Bill benched Kosar and in NE when Bledsoe lost his job to Brady when Brady was simply a game manager. Contrary to what is said a lot around here, Pioli doesn't give a crap what people think, he cares about what's best for the team. Cassel will be gone.

Bane
10-10-2010, 07:15 PM
They'll cut Cassel. No way they'll pay him the bonus. They'll sign a FA QB and draft one as well. Pioli was in Cleveland when Bill benched Kosar and in NE when Bledsoe lost his job to Brady when Brady was simply a game manager. Contrary to what is said a lot around here, Pioli doesn't give a crap what people think, he cares about what's best for the team. Cassel will be gone.

Then I hope you are spot on.

suds79
10-10-2010, 07:16 PM
They'll sign a FA QB and draft one as well.

This.

Couldn't agree more with what I think will happen.

Marcellus
10-10-2010, 07:17 PM

I agree with this. Pioli won't let Cassel sink the ship.

BossChief
10-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Fuck it....THIGPEN

Marcellus
10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
**** it....THIGPEN

I would almost rather have Thiggy than Croyle or Cassel. Almost.

To the pistol!

pr_capone
10-10-2010, 07:25 PM
**** it....THIGPEN

I'll say it. It was a mistake to trade him away.

Thigpen is ten times the QB Casshole is.

ILChief
10-10-2010, 07:29 PM
I'll say it. It was a mistake to trade him away.

Thigpen is ten times the QB Casshole is.

Thigpen sucks outside of the spread offense. Worse than cassel

BossChief
10-10-2010, 07:29 PM
I would almost rather have Thiggy than Croyle or Cassel. Almost.

To the pistol!

Real talk, Id trade both right now for Thigpen and sign a backup from the total scrap heap...or call up Jeff Garcia and see if he is about tired of Canada yet.

ArrowheadMagic
10-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Tha's all I need to hear to know you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Sorry, how am I wrong. Show me some drive charts for McGee... Real games and all... Surely there are some, since you claim he is better. Or is this speculation bullshit.....?

pr_capone
10-10-2010, 07:33 PM

No. He isn't. There is not a starting QB in the NFL worse than Casshole and that is not an exaggeration. 1/3 of the backups in the league are better than Casshole, Thigpen is one of them.

BossChief
10-10-2010, 07:34 PM
For those that havent seen Ponder play...Florida State is on ESPNU right now playing Miami.

Game just started.

ChiefsCountry
10-10-2010, 07:34 PM
or call up Jeff Garcia and see if he is about tired of Canada yet.

When did Omaha become Canada?

BossChief
10-10-2010, 07:36 PM
My bad, I thought he went to canada for some reason.

BillSelfsTrophycase
10-10-2010, 07:47 PM

Then bring the spread back

Croyle>Thigpen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Casshole

Bugeater
10-10-2010, 07:48 PM
You got a problem with Canada, hoser?

whoaskew
10-10-2010, 07:58 PM
I hope the 49'ers get sick of Alex Smith so we can pick him up for the following reasons:

1. I think he would be an upgrade over Cassell (who wouldn't?)

2. He should be cheap to sign (it seems everyone has gave up on him, so he shouldn't generate too much interest as a FA or cost to much in a trade)

3. He has a few years of starting experience (a rookie would likely take 3+ years to develop, and a free agent is more likely to make an immediate impact - consider Brees, Vick, Farve, McNabb, & Shaub)

4. He is still young enough to still be in the league in 10 years

A change of scenery might do Smith some good, and I think he would succeed under coaches like Haley and Weis.

DeezNutz
10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
You got a problem with Canada, hoser?

nope. but neb. sucks. :D

Nightfyre
10-10-2010, 08:10 PM
I hope the 49'ers get sick of Alex Smith so we can pick him up for the following reasons:

2. He should be cheap to sign (it seems everyone has gave up on him, so he shouldn't generate too much interest as a FA or cost to much in a trade)

3. He has a few years of starting experience (a rookie would likely take 3+ years to develop, and a free agent is more likely to make an immediate impact - consider Brees, Vick, Farve, McNabb, & Shaub)

A change of scenery might do Smith some good, and I think he would succeed under coaches like Haley and Weis.
I will punch you.

Bane
10-10-2010, 08:12 PM
I hope the 49'ers get sick of Alex Smith so we can pick him up for the following reasons

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

kcpasco
10-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Alex Smith sucks as bad as Cassel

pr_capone
10-10-2010, 08:15 PM

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/7718/keepposting.jpg

I will punch you.

LMFAO

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Hey hey, an ex 49er castoff. We can relive the 90s with our defense and running game.

Frankie
10-10-2010, 08:31 PM
I honestly don't believe that Pioli will pull the trigger on a QB in the first round, much less trade up in the first round to get the most coveted prize.

If Luck declares he's probably gone when we pick. I predict we draft Mallett, Ponder, or Foles in the first (depending on where we pick),

OR

Ricky Stanzi of Iowa in the 3rd.

The Ferentz/pioli connection makes this scenario plausible. Stanzi may have to be brought up fairly slowly, qualities in him that I like. Yes he makes bonehead plays some times which can be coached out of him, but he seems to have a short memory regarding them and recovers to bring his team back.
That's a good sign of a leader.

ArrowheadMagic
10-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Hey hey, an ex 49er castoff. We can relive the 90s with our defense and running game.

how else do .you make the playoffs when your QB blows bags of dicks. Are teams less of champions becsuse of how they won

Frankie
10-10-2010, 08:37 PM

I do. I don't know enough about Baldwin, admittedly, but he seems to be more of a big physicak WR. I'm wishing for a WR with separation spped.

Frankie
10-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Play Brodie and see what he can do with a descent cast of players around him,

I was on that ship two years ago. But I think it has sailed.

Frankie
10-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Poor decision maker with a less than suspect arm. Poor footwork, crumbles under pressure. Weak 5 to 7 step drop, plays better out of the gun. locks onto the 1st target, doesnt do anything to move the safties off his 1st read.

In the game and a half that I have seen Ponder this year, he was the TOTAL OPPOSITE of ALL that.

Frankie
10-10-2010, 08:45 PM
What I was thinking too. Either him or Tarvaris Jackson. I'd even consider a trade for Kevin Kolb for maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder (hell, I'd start calling the Eagles today). I'd also imagine we'll make a run at Brady Quinn (is he a free agent?--not the guy I'd want, just saying it's something they'd explore).

This post would be really smart,... IF WE WERE OAKLAND RAIDERS!!!

Frankie
10-10-2010, 08:52 PM

:facepalm:

KCBOSS1
10-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Not having a top 15 pick thing is way too early to determine. Remember Denver last year. They are actually better this year, but won like crazy out of the gate, then faded to oblivion. He will have competition next year.

whoaskew
10-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Alex Smith sucks as bad as Cassel

Really?

Cassel has completed 16 or less completions in every game this season, and his highest completion percentage in a game this year is 59.3%.

Smith has completed 21 or more completions in every game this season, and his highest completion percentage in a game this year is 71.9%.

I think we could have used an extra 5 completions today, especially on the 4th and 2 today where Matt Castoff chose to throw to the guy triple covered 20 yards down field instead of throwing to the wide open running back standing 6 feet in front of him.

It looks to me like Cassel is the only one who sucks as bad as Cassel.

ILChief
10-10-2010, 09:03 PM

you may want to re-think that

cardken
10-10-2010, 09:27 PM

Perhaps you missed the 90's? But we've exceeded our number of San Francisco Reclamation projects in that decade, Thanks but no thanks.

beach tribe
10-10-2010, 09:39 PM
how else do .you make the playoffs when your QB blows bags of dicks. Are teams less of champions becsuse of how they won

Making the POs is NOT the goal. I want the trophy. There is only 1 every season.

J Diddy
10-10-2010, 09:53 PM

1. Wouldn't take much
2. They just paid cassell an assload of cash, I don't think they'd balk at a good prospect over cash, although I don't think AS is the answer

3. This is where I disagree, the formula for having a young qb and have success is to not have him put into positions as to where he's got to win the game. Basically what is being down with casell. Difference is we need a live arm. Cassell has not that.

4. age don't matter, maybe we can get Trent Green back

aturnis
10-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Really?

Cassel has completed 16 or less completions in every game this season, and his highest completion percentage in a game this year is 59.3%.

Smith has completed 21 or more completions in every game this season, and his highest completion percentage in a game this year is 71.9%.

I think we could have used an extra 5 completions today, especially on the 4th and 2 today where Matt Castoff chose to throw to the guy triple covered 20 yards down field instead of throwing to the wide open running back standing 6 feet in front of him.

It looks to me like Cassel is the only one who sucks as bad as Cassel.

Don't throw to the wide open RB in the flat. Throw to the wide open TE in the back of the endzone who never drops the ball.

RealSNR
10-10-2010, 10:45 PM
3rd for Skelton.Yes plz

aturnis
10-10-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm only gonna talk about guys I think we have a chance to get and I know a bit about. Also, don't care for Mallet, or Locker. Don't know much about Ponder.

Stanzi can read a defense, and has a good arm. He tends to start slow and has made bad decisions, but has kept those to a minimum this season. He wouldn't be a bad option in the mid rounds.

Foles, after the way he played Iowa, would be a good option also. Took control of that game like I saw Flacco do a few times in college. Foles is cool in the pocket, and accurate as hell. Picked apart a good Iowa D. He'd be worth a look.

Kolb/Vick. Whatever happens there. If Kolb is available, for cheap, he is a decent option. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. He's not a stud, but could operate a good offense. Played well against the Niners tonight.

Vick, I don't think you guys have considered that Vick has no allegiance to the Iggles, and might just look for a nice contract this offseason. A team on the rise like the Chiefs could be a good landing spot if he chooses to test FA this offseason. Doesn't hurt that he claims the entire time he was locked up, he envisioned himself as the QB of the Chiefs. Get a #1 receiver in here, and he could lead this team.

Alex Smith is a no for me. While he's shown some real promise at times, he's just not going to get it. 6 TD's to 9 INT's this season. Couple that with his past, and his name has a strike through it.

ForeverChiefs58
10-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Maybe a Tony Romo becomes available?

BIG_DADDY
10-10-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm only gonna talk about guys I think we have a chance to get and I know a bit about. Also, don't care for Mallet, or Locker. Don't know much about Ponder.

Stanzi can read a defense, and has a good arm. He tends to start slow and has made bad decisions, but has kept those to a minimum this season. He wouldn't be a bad option in the mid rounds.

Foles, after the way he played Iowa, would be a good option also. Took control of that game like I saw Flacco do a few times in college. Foles is cool in the pocket, and accurate as hell. Picked apart a good Iowa D. He'd be worth a look.

Kolb/Vick. Whatever happens there. If Kolb is available, for cheap, he is a decent option. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. He's not a stud, but could operate a good offense. Played well against the Niners tonight.

Vick, I don't think you guys have considered that Vick has no allegiance to the Iggles, and might just look for a nice contract this offseason. A team on the rise like the Chiefs could be a good landing spot if he chooses to test FA this offseason. Doesn't hurt that he claims the entire time he was locked up, he envisioned himself as the QB of the Chiefs. Get a #1 receiver in here, and he could lead this team.

Alex Smith is a no for me. While he's shown some real promise at times, he's just not going to get it. 6 TD's to 9 INT's this season. Couple that with his past, and his name has a strike through it.

Don't even get me started on the whole Vick delio. I have been screaming for us to pick him up ever since he became available for almost nothing.

BIG_DADDY
10-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Don't even get me started on the whole Vick delio. I have been screaming for us to pick him up ever since he became available for almost nothing.

To make matters worse there are people on this BB who will admit that we could have picked him up for nothing and he may well have led this team this year deep into the playoffs but we would come up short. So they believe he isn't the answer and will cost us draft positioning so they don't want him. Seriously WTF is that?

Then again there's always the random pic of some dog justification.

Chris Meck
10-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Vick?! Uh, NO.

Hell no.

HELL NO.

First of all-he's a shitty human being. That's not even close to being a part of the 'right 53'.

Second-he's a public relations nightmare. He ran a fucking dog fighting ring! I've been a Chiefs fan for thirty years, and I would renounce in a heartbeat if we signed that piece of shit.

and third-he has always, ALWAYS been so overrated it's ridiculous. Guy can't read a defense to save his life. He's Jamarcus Russell with wheels. Only Jamarcus might be SMARTER.

Hell no.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 11:32 PM
To make matters worse there are people on this BB who will admit that we could have picked him up for nothing and he may well have led this team this year deep into the playoffs but we would come up short. So they believe he isn't the answer and will cost us draft positioning so they don't want him. Seriously WTF is that?

Then again there's always the random pic of some dog justification.

Or the fact that he can be shut down by a team that knows how to blitz him. He's not a good QB. He's a guy who can torch an average defense but doesn't read defenses well enough to beat the really good ones. He had a lot of success in the NFC because the Falcons never played anyone. I don't understand why so many people here are high on Vick.

If there's a veteran QB that we completely missed out on, it's McNabb. He's 100 times the QB Vick is.

BIG_DADDY
10-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Vick?! Uh, NO.

Hell no.

HELL NO.

First of all-he's a shitty human being. That's not even close to being a part of the 'right 53'.

Second-he's a public relations nightmare. He ran a ****ing dog fighting ring! I've been a Chiefs fan for thirty years, and I would renounce in a heartbeat if we signed that piece of shit.

and third-he has always, ALWAYS been so overrated it's ridiculous. Guy can't read a defense to save his life. He's Jamarcus Russell with wheels. Only Jamarcus might be SMARTER.

Hell no.

Thanks for proving my point.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 11:35 PM

I would rather Kevin Kolb than Vick. I don't think he's nearly as bad as he's criticized for being. If you give him protection, he can be dangerous. He doesn't get that consistently in Philly. Their o-line is complete garbage.

BIG_DADDY
10-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Or the fact that he can be shut down by a team that knows how to blitz him. He's not a good QB. He's a guy who can torch an average defense but doesn't read defenses well enough to beat the really good ones. He had a lot of success in the NFC because the Falcons never played anyone. I don't understand why so many people here are high on Vick.

If there's a veteran QB that we completely missed out on, it's McNabb. He's 100 times the QB Vick is.

McNabb is up one day and throwing INT's the next. Somebody with a decent team is going to give Vick a chance and he is going to do some pretty awesome stuff. Mark my words, you will see Vick going deep in the playoffs with some team soon.

BIG_DADDY
10-10-2010, 11:40 PM
I would rather Kevin Kolb than Vick. I don't think he's nearly as bad as he's criticized for being. If you give him protection, he can be dangerous. He doesn't get that consistently in Philly. Their o-line is complete garbage.

Vick you can pick up for a hope and a prayer. What was the contract Kolb just signed?

Chris Meck
10-10-2010, 11:40 PM
whatever. Not going to happen.

BIG_DADDY
10-10-2010, 11:44 PM
whatever. Not going to happen.

Well we agree on that. ROFL

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 11:45 PM
McNabb is up one day and throwing INT's the next. Somebody with a decent team is going to give Vick a chance and he is going to do some pretty awesome stuff. Mark my words, you will see Vick going deep in the playoffs with some team soon.

Mark my words, a team that can blitz and get into the backfield is going to neutralize Vick every single time. As can a team that can contain him and throw a lot of different looks at the same time. He's a great runner, but he's not a very good QB. McNabb has a lot more of the tools to be successful in the playoffs.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Vick you can pick up for a hope and a prayer. What was the contract Kolb just signed?

If you want a QB of the Future, it doesn't matter what price you pay in terms of money. As long as the Chiefs get him for a reasonable pick, that's the move I'd much rather make.

BossChief
10-11-2010, 12:01 AM
I would rather have Ricki Stanzi over Cassel, but that sure doesnt mean I want us to draft him as our QBOTF.

If the guy fell to the fourth or fifth round, Id be ok with him as a developmental backup guy, but thats it.

He stares down his target
He makes poor decisions
He just throws it up too often

But, yeah...Id rather have him on the field over Cassel because at least he tries to push the ball up the field.

He has the size, arm strength and experience in the pro set that we might be looking for. He also has lead his team to a few bowl wins and has a damn good win loss record and is a senior....all things on the Parcells list for what "the Tree" looks for in quarterbacks drafted high...so uh oh.

Ming the Merciless
10-11-2010, 12:32 AM
I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs are good enough that they will probably not have a top 15 pick.

It absolutely is not safe to say this IMO.

They could easily have a top 15 pick still...

Nightfyre
10-11-2010, 01:18 AM
You can always move up to select the guy you want.

Frankie
10-11-2010, 11:41 AM

Behind both of them, there's a QB, Kafka, who I think has a lot of upside. I had him on my draft wish list for a later round pick up.

Frankie
10-11-2010, 11:44 AM
I would rather have Ricki Stanzi over Cassel, but that sure doesnt mean I want us to draft him as our QBOTF.

If the guy fell to the fourth or fifth round, Id be ok with him as a developmental backup guy, but thats it.

As I predicted earlier in this thread, he'll be ours in the 3rd, if we don't use a 1 on a QB.

Saccopoo
10-11-2010, 11:47 AM

He stares down his target
He makes poor decisions
He just throws it up too often

But, yeah...Id rather have him on the field over Cassel because at least he tries to push the ball up the field.

He has the size, arm strength and experience in the pro set that we might be looking for. He also has lead his team to a few bowl wins and has a damn good win loss record and is a senior....all things on the Parcells list for what "the Tree" looks for in quarterbacks drafted high...so uh oh.

Ricky Stanzi's completion percentage in college is atrocious. The guy has prototype size, but he's not, at this time, a viable NFL prospect as he just has no field awareness or pocket presence. That's not an upgrade to Cassel.

Barret
10-11-2010, 02:00 PM
I have seen some people say that we would go out and get a free agent next year to replace Cassel and then draft a QB in the first round. Or something like that, so who would be available as free agents??

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Peyton Manning Indy
Tom Brady New England
Brett Favre Minn
Donovan McNabb Wash
Matt Moore Carolina
Kyle Orton Denver
Matt Hasselback Sea
Alex Smith SF
Troy Smith, BAL
Trent Edwards, BUF
JT O'Sullivan, CIN
Seneca Wallace, CLE
Shaun Hill, DET
Brodie Croyle, KC
Chad Pennington, MIA
Tyler Thigpen, MIA
Tarvaris Jackson, MIN
Jim Sorgi, NYG
Kellen Clemens, NYJ
Bruce Gradkowski, OAK
Michael Vick, PHI
Dennis Dixon, PIT
Billy Volek, SD
Kerry Collins, TEN
Chris Simms, TEN
Rex Grossman, WAS

A couple of notes from above. Obviously Manning and Brady arent going anywhere. I didnt know that Croyle was in the last year of his Contract. THIGPEN IS AVAILABLE!!!!

But on that list of free agents who is really going to be the stop gap for 1 or 2 years to get a rookie into shape? An Aging veteran that might help groom a new QB, well Collins, Mcabb or Hasselback would fit in that scenario. All 3 are older but would be a dramatic upgrade over Cassel. You certainly dont want a New QB fresh out of college learning the "stare the receiver down / chuck it into triple coverage" that Cassel is teaching.

aturnis
10-11-2010, 02:29 PM
I am VERY surprised by all of the Vick hate. Have any of you even watched him play this year? He looks like a GREAT QB. He has done EVERYTHING right, including the way he is playing the QB position. Pass first, run second.

On top of his fantastic stats of 61.5% completion percentage, 6TD's to 0INT's, and a 108 QB rating, he has run for 187yds. and a TD.At 7ypc, that's as good as Charles. Mind you, a lot of these were from the Wildcat and designed plays and not a result of him being run first. All of this if from behind the same TERRIBLE oline Kolb gets an excuse for sucking behind.

I can understand you saying you don't want him personally b/c you are a weird dog over-lover. I loves dogs and MY dog especially, but I'm don't cry about it, b/c there are worse things and that's the way the world works. Calling him a PR nightmare is retarded though. Nobody in the media world even seems to remember what happened, and all have been giving him praise. Plus, he really seems to have learned something.

His sit down with Jim Mora was blatently honest and I walked away happy for Michael Vick. Good for him, how many people get the chance to turn their life around? How many people actually do it?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d81b01474/Vick-talks-about-changing-his-life

There's another part of it, but it seems to be unavailable...

Everyone deserves a second chance. Michael Vick is no different, and he's done it all the right way. Kept his head down, his mouth shut and sat behind Kolb. All the while preparing to be the starter like he never did in Atl and he chance came along, and he's run away with it. He is FAR from the player he was in Atl, he's a MUCH better QB.

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2010, 03:54 PM
I am VERY surprised by all of the Vick hate. Have any of you even watched him play this year? He looks like a GREAT QB. He has done EVERYTHING right, including the way he is playing the QB position. Pass first, run second.

On top of his fantastic stats of 61.5% completion percentage, 6TD's to 0INT's, and a 108 QB rating, he has run for 187yds. and a TD.At 7ypc, that's as good as Charles. Mind you, a lot of these were from the Wildcat and designed plays and not a result of him being run first. All of this if from behind the same TERRIBLE oline Kolb gets an excuse for sucking behind.

I can understand you saying you don't want him personally b/c you are a weird dog over-lover. I loves dogs and MY dog especially, but I'm don't cry about it, b/c there are worse things and that's the way the world works. Calling him a PR nightmare is retarded though. Nobody in the media world even seems to remember what happened, and all have been giving him praise. Plus, he really seems to have learned something.

His sit down with Jim Mora was blatently honest and I walked away happy for Michael Vick. Good for him, how many people get the chance to turn their life around? How many people actually do it?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d81b01474/Vick-talks-about-changing-his-life

Everyone deserves a second chance. Michael Vick is no different, and he's done it all the right way. Kept his head down, his mouth shut and sat behind Kolb. All the while preparing to be the starter like he never did in Atl and he chance came along, and he's run away with it. He is FAR from the player he was in Atl, he's a MUCH better QB.

Against what competition? The Lions and the Jaguars? Those teams can't stop anybody.

I like the new attitude, but at the end of the day, I don't trust him to consistently beat playoff defenses. You get a good defense that can blitz him and force him to stay in the pocket, and he becomes a very average QB--big arm, no accuracy.

BIG_DADDY
10-11-2010, 04:07 PM

I would take Vick at the drop of a hat. Expect someone to come along now and post some random pic of a dog.

Mecca
10-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Against what competition? The Lions and the Jaguars? Those teams can't stop anybody.

I like the new attitude, but at the end of the day, I don't trust him to consistently beat playoff defenses. You get a good defense that can blitz him and force him to stay in the pocket, and he becomes a very average QB--big arm, no accuracy.

In fairness he shredded Green Bay once he came in.

MadMax
10-11-2010, 04:46 PM
I have seen some people say that we would go out and get a free agent next year to replace Cassel and then draft a QB in the first round. Or something like that, so who would be available as free agents??

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Peyton Manning Indy
Tom Brady New England
Brett Favre Minn
Donovan McNabb Wash
Matt Moore Carolina
Kyle Orton Denver
Matt Hasselback Sea
Alex Smith SF
Troy Smith, BAL
Trent Edwards, BUF
JT O'Sullivan, CIN
Seneca Wallace, CLE
Shaun Hill, DET
Brodie Croyle, KC
Chad Pennington, MIA
Tyler Thigpen, MIA
Tarvaris Jackson, MIN
Jim Sorgi, NYG
Kellen Clemens, NYJ
Bruce Gradkowski, OAK
Michael Vick, PHI
Dennis Dixon, PIT
Billy Volek, SD
Kerry Collins, TEN
Chris Simms, TEN
Rex Grossman, WAS

A couple of notes from above. Obviously Manning and Brady arent going anywhere. I didnt know that Croyle was in the last year of his Contract. THIGPEN IS AVAILABLE!!!!

But on that list of free agents who is really going to be the stop gap for 1 or 2 years to get a rookie into shape? An Aging veteran that might help groom a new QB, well Collins, Mcabb or Hasselback would fit in that scenario. All 3 are older but would be a dramatic upgrade over Cassel. You certainly dont want a New QB fresh out of college learning the "stare the receiver down / chuck it into triple coverage" that Cassel is teaching.

If I were Croyle I'd want as far away from this QB loser franchise as possible....

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2010, 04:50 PM
In fairness he shredded Green Bay once he came in.

He did, but I think it's a lot different when your defense is gameplanning for Kolb and then get caught by surprise when Vick comes in.

Now, I could see Vick going places because the NFC is just so fucking awful. But if you put him in KC, he's going to get trounced by the Jets, Steelers, Ravens, and probably even the Chiefs' defense.

Mecca
10-11-2010, 04:51 PM
He did, but I think it's a lot different when your defense is gameplanning for Kolb and then get caught by surprise when Vick comes in.

Now, I could see Vick going places because the NFC is just so fucking awful. But if you put him in KC, he's going to get trounced by the Jets, Steelers, Ravens, and probably even the Chiefs' defense.

He still gives you a better chance than Matt Cassel. The Chiefs are about to be in the worst position ever that we discussed before. They're going to have enough talent to be a 8-11 win team consistently which means we get stuck with this shithole QB.

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2010, 04:56 PM
He still gives you a better chance than Matt Cassel. The Chiefs are about to be in the worst position ever that we discussed before. They're going to have enough talent to be a 8-11 win team consistently which means we get stuck with this shithole QB.

Agreed, but my right ass cheek is better than Cassel too.

I want a QB that can legitimately bring the Chiefs to the Super Bowl. I see Vick as a regular season hero who can bring you to the playoffs, but then can't beat top-level competition.

If I'm looking for a veteran to replace Cassel, I want to either get a true franchise QB (fat chance) or a stopgap to take reps until we feel comfortable starting a first round draft pick. That's one reason I like Kevin Kolb. He's a guy you can test, but there wouldn't be a whole lot to lose if he's not that good and you have to cut him.

jjchieffan
10-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Anyone except Casshole

Saccopoo
10-11-2010, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE]Agreed, but my right ass cheek is better than Cassel too.

I want a QB that can legitimately bring the Chiefs to the Super Bowl.

Someone like Rex Grossman?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-11-2010, 05:34 PM

This is the greatest take EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-11-2010, 05:42 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

Baldwin and Ponder. And we all skeet skeet.

I DO! I DO! I need to start watching that kid play.