View Full Version : Chiefs AFC West is looking good for KC

CupidStunt
10-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Division record in parantheses

Chiefs 3-1 (1-0)
Raiders 2-3 (1-0)
Broncos 2-3 (0-0)
Chargers 2-3 (0-2)

There are two critically good figures there for KC.

1) 3 losses for San Diego -- they've played KC, JAX, OAK, SEA and ARZ. Their schedule has been a joke to start the season, but it gets tougher. They still have Baltimore, New England, Indy and Houston left.

2) 2 division losses for San Diego -- them losing to Oakland is a gift for divisional tie-breaker purposes. KC *should* be able to get 4 division wins, which is the absolute best San Diego can manage.

All-in-all, pretty positive for KC regardless of today and quite possibly regardless of next week. As long as they take care of business at home and against the numerous bad teams they face.

DBOSHO
10-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Not so fast. Chokeland is still playing

The Bad Guy
10-10-2010, 05:55 PM
That's just enormous.

2 game lead on a week we lose.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-10-2010, 05:57 PM
That's just enormous.

2 game lead on a week we lose.

Technically, 1.5 games..... but still nice.

I knew the Broncos were going down. I expected the Chiefs to lose. I didn't expect the Raiders to be the Chargers though.... that was nice.

LaChapelle
10-10-2010, 05:57 PM
We're Brokie away from 1 and done in the playoffs

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Like I said, I'm looking forward to the blank stare on Cassel's face in the wild card round at Arrowhead.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Yeah we're still gonna win the division. We just gotta take care of business.

easymobee
10-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Sorry guys, but Charger,Broncos, and Raiders fans are just glad that its you guys and Bono v2.0 with the house of cards 3-1.

I think 8 wins would be amazing for KC.

10-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Technically, 1.5 games..... but still nice.

I knew the Broncos were going down. I expected the Chiefs to lose. I didn't expect the Raiders to be the Chargers though.... that was nice.

2.5 on the chargers since we beat them.

KChiefs1
10-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Playoffs:
Chiefs vs Patriots at Arrowhead...Cassell will shit his pants vs Brady.

DaFace
10-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Sorry guys, but Charger,Broncos, and Raiders fans are just glad that its you guys and Bono v2.0 with the house of cards 3-1.

Interesting philosophy. Perhaps I should start being happy when my competitors are ahead of me, too. It would certainly make Sundays less stressful.

easymobee
10-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Interesting philosophy. Perhaps I should start being happy when my competitors are ahead of me, too. It would certainly make Sundays less stressful.

Imagine the Chiefs were in a 3 way tie for 2nd at 2-3 and it was the Broncos at 3-1.

Now pretend that Cassel is Denvers qb and you guys have Orton or some other decent-good qb of your choosing.

Do you feel that panicked?

DaFace
10-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Imagine the Chiefs were in a 3 way tie for 2nd at 2-3 and it was the Broncos at 3-1.

Now pretend that Cassel is Denvers qb and you guys have Orton or some other decent-good qb of your choosing.

If Denver had the Chiefs schedule, yep.

DBOSHO
10-10-2010, 06:21 PM
WE NEED LEINART

MMXcalibur
10-10-2010, 06:23 PM
This past game vs IND and this upcoming game vs HOU are the lone two tough games for Kansas City until the trip to San Diego late in the season. With a 1 1/2 game lead heading into Houston, I'm feeling really good about the Chiefs chances.

Plus, our nearest competition just lost a divisional game to the shitty Raiders.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-10-2010, 06:23 PM

Yeah, we're saying the same thing about Denver. Are we slowly swapping places in the AFCW?

cabletech94
10-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Playoffs:
Chiefs vs Patriots at Arrowhead...Cassell will shit his pants vs Brady.

hopefully while castle has been benched, watching brokie lead us to the win! :D

easymobee
10-10-2010, 06:29 PM
If Denver had the Chiefs schedule, yep.

I don't care if KC had ITT Tech and Southwest Plaza Ladies Footlocker on their sched.

An inept QB is an inept QB.

Its only happened once (Tony Banks-Trent Dilfer) and as good as Hali may be, he ain't early 20's Ray Lewis.

DaFace
10-10-2010, 06:30 PM
I don't care if KC had ITT Tech and Southwest Plaza Ladies Footlocker on their sched.

Its only happened once (Tony Banks-Trent Dilfer) and as good as Hali may be, he ain't early 20's Ray Lewis.

Are you seriously comparing us to a Super Bowl team? I don't think anyone really thinks that's a realistic expectation at this point. That has nothing to do with whether or not we can win the AFCW though.

RealSNR
10-10-2010, 06:31 PM

Do you feel that panicked?Now remember that in spite of our horrific QB we went into Indy and shut down Manning for most of the game, and were one retarded drop by our stone hands #1 WR away from possibly winning that game.

This D is good enough to win most of the games on our schedule, provided Cassel doesn't throw picks. We're not the 2000 Ravens, but with our schedule we don't need to be.

10 wins on the season is extremely possible, and that might just be good enough to take this weak division.

CupidStunt
10-10-2010, 06:32 PM

WTF are you even talking about? Yeah Cassel sucks, but the Chiefs are 3-1, have the best running game, best defense, best special teams and easiest schedule in the division.

Enjoy Tim Tebow. donkeys

Priest31kc
10-10-2010, 06:32 PM

No one said we're going to the Super Bowl....we're not. You were talking about the division race. The Chiefs can win this division w/ Cassel. They won't go anywhere in the playoffs though w/ Cassel.

Oh, and Tamba Hali is not a middle linebacker.

R8RFAN
10-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Its going to be a spirited 2 games this year for the Oak / KC rivalry as it should be

easymobee
10-10-2010, 06:37 PM
WTF are you even talking about? Yeah Cassel sucks, but the Chiefs are 3-1, have the best running game, best defense, best special teams and easiest schedule in the division.

Enjoy Tim Tebow. donkeys ill bet you'd trade all that stuff that you think you have for an NFL QB.

Well just have to see how it plays out.

RealSNR
10-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Its going to be a spirited 2 games this year for the Oak / KC rivalry as it should beThank God for that. We haven't had a meaningful game between these two teams since 2002, and that was when we got shut out in Oaktown.

Gradkowski looks to be making a difference on that team. Should be a good one.

luv
10-10-2010, 06:39 PM

Please stay on topic.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
10-10-2010, 06:40 PM
ill bet you'd trade all that stuff that you think you have for an NFL QB.

Well just have to see how it plays out.You mean for Peyton Manning about 6 or 7 years ago? You bet your ass we would.

For Kyle Orton? He's good, but I'll take Cassel and a rock solid foundation that we have in place. I'd rather not throw shit at the TV anymore because my team's defense is so fucking awful.

Pioli Zombie
10-10-2010, 06:40 PM
So predictible from some people here. They go from 2-14 to 4-12 to a team that the following year looks like a 10-6 division winner but, no, don't enjoy it, piss and moan that oh-well-we'll get beat in the first round.
For fucks sake can't you enjoy anything??

Pioli Zombie
10-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Oh and in case you missed I have given up on Cassel totally. He should be benched and jettisoned in the offseason so don't lump me in with the Cassel defenders anymore. Don't with that shit.

ROYC75
10-10-2010, 06:43 PM
3 - 1 , I didn't expect this. With a 2 game lead and a defense that plays well ?

I like it , a lot!

|Zach|
10-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Congrats to the Broncos this week for getting more rushing yards than carries.

tk13
10-10-2010, 06:49 PM
The whole league looks wide open right now. The whole NFC looks upside down. The whole AFC South is 3-2, the Colts are technically in 4th place. The AFC East plays the North, and each other. Plus the AFC North has to play the NFC South. Teams like Pittsburgh and New England just have brutal schedules.

RealSNR
10-10-2010, 06:51 PM
So predictible from some people here. They go from 2-14 to 4-12 to a team that the following year looks like a 10-6 division winner but, no, don't enjoy it, piss and moan that oh-well-we'll get beat in the first round.
For fucks sake can't you enjoy anything??It's a short step from predicting playoffs for a team with no identity on offense to predicting playoff WINS for a team with no identity on offense. And it's a short step from that to predicting superstar status for this team. And pretty soon before you know it you've turned into the Knowmo of Chiefs fans.

I'd rather not have that happen. One thing that makes this place great is that the fans all expect great things from their football team, unlike the other shitty Chiefs forums out there.

ROYC75
10-10-2010, 06:54 PM

WOW dude, get real ! Nobody here expect anything like a SB trip. A division crown would be awesome for this team after the last 2 years. We are excited with the defense and our 3 -1 start. What happens next is anybody's guess.

The real question is, will Dungver make it to 8 - 8 again this year ?

Marcellus
10-10-2010, 06:57 PM
The AFCW is probably worse than expected and the Chiefs are better than expected.

We should win the division despite a bad passing game. Just have to limit the damage, unfortunately.

Saul Good
10-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Thank God for that. We haven't had a meaningful game between these two teams since 2002, and that was when we got shut out in Oaktown.

Gradkowski looks to be making a difference on that team. Should be a good one.

Don't let that game fool you. Oakland is terrible. San Diego has the worst Special Teams I have ever seen. Oakland isn't going to block 2 more punts all year.

Shag
10-10-2010, 07:02 PM

ROFL

Buck
10-10-2010, 07:06 PM
:wayne::wayne::wayne::arrow:

:crybaby::crybaby::facepalm::facepalm:

Raiduhs:bolts:Raiduhs

Bewbies
10-10-2010, 07:06 PM

This discussion is now over. ROFL

R8RFAN
10-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Don't let that game fool you. Oakland is terrible. San Diego has the worst Special Teams I have ever seen. Oakland isn't going to block 2 more punts all year.

we could just as easily be 4-1 right now, we missed a chip shot for the win in Az
Lost by 7 to a very good texans team
got our ass handed to us by the Titans

We really should be 3-2 right now, that loss to AZ should have never happened
If the Raiders could stop giving up the big plays they would win more

btw Campbell had a QB rating of 117 today, which was actually 3 points higher than Rivers.... Imagine that

LaChapelle
10-10-2010, 07:30 PM
When does Norv start feeling the heat?

Mama Hip Rockets
10-10-2010, 07:34 PM

ROFL

Mama Hip Rockets
10-10-2010, 07:35 PM
we could just as easily be 4-1 right now, we missed a chip shot for the win in Az
Lost by 7 to a very good texans team
got our ass handed to us by the Titans

We really should be 3-2 right now, that loss to AZ should have never happened
If the Raiders could stop giving up the big plays they would win more

btw Campbell had a QB rating of 117 today, which was actually 3 points higher than Rivers.... Imagine that

The Raiders suck, man.

Ugly Duck
10-10-2010, 08:18 PM
San Diego has the worst Special Teams I have ever seen. Oakland isn't going to block 2 more punts all year.

Thats right.. and Sandy Eggo is still the team to beat in the AFCW. Think about it - they outgained both KC and OAK by 200 yards in those two losses. Teams that outpace their opponent by 200 yards usually win. They are still playing better than the rest of the division despite those two unlikely losses.

Marcellus
10-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Thats right.. and Sandy Eggo is still the team to beat in the AFCW. Think about it - they outgained both KC and OAK by 200 yards in those two losses. Teams that outpace their opponent by 200 yards usually win. They are still playing better than the rest of the division despite those two unlikely losses.

They always start slow then turn it on too. Hard to make a living that way though. It can backfire easily.

JoeyChuckles
10-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Truthfully, I am still scared of San Diego in the rearview. The other two, not so much.

DaFace
10-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Truthfully, I am still scared of San Diego in the rearview. The other two, not so much.

Yup. I think that SD is still a slight favorite to win the division despite the standings. Every game that they blow like today helps, though.

R8RFAN
10-10-2010, 08:35 PM
I can't believe 4 games into the season and you guys are talking winning the division....

Mama Hip Rockets
10-10-2010, 08:53 PM
I can't believe 4 games into the season and you guys are talking winning the division....

Why? The division sucks, and the Chiefs schedule is easy.

R8RFAN
10-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Why? The division sucks, and the Chiefs schedule is easy.

you have several games left vs division teams and none of them will be easy

CupidStunt
10-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Chiefs 3-2
Raiders 2-4
Broncos 2-4
Chargers 2-4

LMAO

Chargers have the Titans, Patriots and Texans. Chiefs have the Jaguars, Bills and Raiders.

That loss still stings like a bitch, but the division is still on a platter. They just need to take it.

chiefsfan987
10-17-2010, 05:47 PM
I don't know, the Broncos have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way. Next two games are Oakland and @SF. One slip up by the Chiefs against Jacksonville or Buffalo and Denver is right there.

MMXcalibur
10-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Well, Kansas City's gotten fortunate by having the rest of the AFC West lose....again. The schedule starts to ease up now for KC. Time to put up or shut up.

KCrockaholic
10-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Chiefs 3-2
Raiders 2-4
Broncos 2-4
Chargers 2-4

LMAO

Chargers have the Titans, Patriots and Texans. Chiefs have the Jaguars, Bills and Raiders.

That loss still stings like a bitch, but the division is still on a platter. They just need to take it.

Ouch.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm fairly confident SD is going to get assraped by the Pats next week.

That leaves the Broncos as our only real competition down the stretch.

If Denver wins it's next two against Oakland and SF, and gets to 4-4, they host the Chiefs on Nov. 14. That could be a huge game for the division standings down the stretch.

But even if they beat the Fade, I'm sure the Donks can find a way to blow in San Francisco.

mlyonsd
10-17-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm sure the Donks can find a way to blow in San Francisco. Heh.

CaliforniaChief
10-17-2010, 06:03 PM
We just need to win these next three games. Two games against inferior teams and a third against a team that can't score. We win those games and we'll be looking ok.

Let's just win against JAX for starters, though.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-17-2010, 09:34 PM
you have several games left vs division teams and none of them will be easy

Uh, the Raiders games will be easy.

The Bad Guy
10-17-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm fairly confident SD is going to get assraped by the Pats next week.

That leaves the Broncos as our only real competition down the stretch.

If Denver wins it's next two against Oakland and SF, and gets to 4-4, they host the Chiefs on Nov. 14. That could be a huge game for the division standings down the stretch.

But even if they beat the Fade, I'm sure the Donks can find a way to blow in San Francisco.

The Donks will have to blow in London.

Quesadilla Joe
10-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Things can change fast. You still have to play Denver twice and the sweep will really help Denver gain some ground. The toughest part of Denver's schedule is over and while I was hoping to be 3-3 at this point the season is far from over. It actually looked like Denver found their running game today.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2010, 10:17 PM
It actually looked like Denver found their running game today.

Says Knowmo on a day when the Donks RBs averaged 3.44 yards per carry.

Sure-Oz
10-17-2010, 10:35 PM
I think we beat Jax, this team is pissed after todays lost. 5-2 over the next 2 weeks looks great.

Quesadilla Joe
10-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Says Knowmo on a day when the Donks RBs averaged 3.44 yards per carry.

We had 19 carries for 20 yards against the Titans and Orton was our leading rusher that game with 11 yards. 3.44 yards per carry is HUGE progress, especially when you are playing a run defense as good as the Jets.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 11:00 PM
the afc west sucks

Hammock Parties
10-17-2010, 11:52 PM
We had 19 carries for 20 yards against the Titans and Orton was our leading rusher that game with 11 yards. 3.44 yards per carry is HUGE progress, especially when you are playing a run defense as good as the Jets.

All that and a bag of chips will buy you LAST PLACE IN THE AFC WEST!

BossChief
10-18-2010, 01:41 AM

HAHA Im sure Orton can find a way to help with that one....

Mama Hip Rockets
10-18-2010, 06:44 AM
Things can change fast. You still have to play Denver twice and the sweep will really help Denver gain some ground. The toughest part of Denver's schedule is over and while I was hoping to be 3-3 at this point the season is far from over. It actually looked like Denver found their running game today.

Denver sucks.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-18-2010, 06:51 AM
All that and a bag of chips will buy you LAST PLACE IN THE AFC WEST!

Actually, they are tied for second and last.

TheGuardian
10-18-2010, 06:52 AM
Denver does sucks, and we're going to break our foot off in their ass twice this year.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-18-2010, 06:58 AM
Call me nuts, but I think we have to win our next three games to take control of the division. I don't think we can slip up. I don't care how much Haley continues to call this "a process" like after yesterday's game. If want to do things this year and beyond, we have to start right now. What's he gonna say next week if we lose, and the next week? "It's a process." This is the NFL. No one waits for "a process." You'll be back to being an offensive coordiator for someone else, Haley. Get it done. What the defense did yesterday was unacceptable. I have seen the Chiefs of different eras through five games. DV's Chiefs yesterday, Herm's Chiefs earlier, and Marty's Chiefs as well. Let's see Todd Haley's Chiefs. Let's see some building going on with a true identity.

Mile High Mania
10-18-2010, 07:01 AM
the afc west sucks

Yes it does...

SuperSerial
10-18-2010, 07:08 AM
Not bad when you can lose two in a row and still have the div lead by two games, lmao

The Bad Guy
10-18-2010, 07:20 AM
The Chiefs are a far different home v. road team, but I've been impressed by their road efforts this year.

I'll be shocked if the Jaguars or Bills game is even close.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-18-2010, 10:27 AM
I'll be shocked if the Jaguars or Bills game is even close.

I wanna believe that just like I wanna believe we would've held a 10 point lead with under eight minutes left yesterday. Bottomline is this team is still young and learning which equals ups and more downs. I wouldn't be shocked if we lose both of these home games. I can't guarantee it, but I bet some of these guys in the lockerroom are saying "here we go again" after these two losses. Leadership needs to step up NOW.

vailpass
10-18-2010, 10:38 AM
AFC Worst is an embarassment this year.

The Bad Guy
10-18-2010, 10:44 AM
I wanna believe that just like I wanna believe we would've held a 10 point lead with under eight minutes left yesterday. Bottomline is this team is still young and learning which equals ups and more downs. I wouldn't be shocked if we lose both of these home games. I can't guarantee it, but I bet some of these guys in the lockerroom are saying "here we go again" after these two losses. Leadership needs to step up NOW.

You really haven't seen how awful the Bills are. They are easily the worst team in the league.

As for the Jaguars, they are basically the 49ers without the defense.

The Bad Guy
10-18-2010, 10:45 AM

I think as a whole though, the NFC West is far worse.

vailpass
10-18-2010, 10:52 AM
I think as a whole though, the NFC West is far worse.

The fact that it is even up for discussion makes baby Jesus cry.

The Rams look better than any team in the West.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Both western divisions are garbage, The NFC west might end up with a 7-9 playoff team so that makes that one the worst.

Rain Man
10-18-2010, 10:59 AM

Well, maybe for you teams under .500....

(Y'know, it felt really good to say that. Been a while.)

DaFace
10-18-2010, 11:09 AM
I think a lot of people around here are underestimating the Broncos this year. In a normal year, the phrase "the Broncos suck" would be accurate and meaningful. This year, however, the entire AFCW sucks, and I think the Broncos level of suckage in comparison to our own isn't really that far off.

I don't think they have a prayer of being any better than 9-7, but in a division where 7-9 could be a playoff team...

vailpass
10-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Well, maybe for you teams under .500....

(Y'know, it felt really good to say that. Been a while.)

:D There is no denying what you say is true. I give you joy of it.

ModSocks
10-18-2010, 11:10 AM
You really haven't seen how awful the Bills are. They are easily the worst team in the league.

As for the Jaguars, they are basically the 49ers without the defense.

I dont know man. I am worried about the Jags. I think they're better than what people are giving them credit for.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 11:12 AM
I dont know man. I am worried about the Jags. I think they're better than what people are giving them credit for.

Jacksonville, depends what team you get, they play well sometimes.

Buffalo is awful, their defense is worse than Houstons and they don't have an offense to offset it.

boogblaster
10-18-2010, 11:14 AM

Think we'll have the crowd and a chip after that last fourth quarter butt kickin .......

Ugly Duck
10-18-2010, 01:21 PM
7-9 could be a playoff team...

Hey... I feel better now!

Chiefs Pantalones
10-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Think we'll have the crowd and a chip after that last fourth quarter butt kickin .......

I hope so. Coaching and the vets on this team need to step up this week. We can't keep losing and keep on relying on the other teams to lose. At some point, we need to improve and start freaking winning games. Or this season is gonna go down the toilet.

ct
10-18-2010, 03:13 PM
bump the football thread :)

R8RFAN
10-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Uh, the Raiders games will be easy.

I will keep this quote handy

ROYC75
10-22-2010, 11:04 PM
This division comes down to KC & Dungver.... Nice to have the upper hand right now. We take care of Business @ home, win in Oakland and pull one in Seattle and it's a lock.

TheGuardian
10-23-2010, 12:13 AM
I will keep this quote handy

I wouldn't. Raider games are never easy. NO matter how good or bad the chiefs or raiders are.

Quesadilla Joe
10-23-2010, 02:05 AM
This division comes down to KC & Dungver.... Nice to have the upper hand right now. We take care of Business @ home, win in Oakland and pull one in Seattle and it's a lock.

I wouldn't write off San Diego. We had those assholes dominated in the standing the first half of season the past two years.... They always start slow and get really hot as the season goes on.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2010, 04:56 AM
In order to win the division, we need another game like Indy where we are expected to lose, but we win HANDILY.

CupidStunt
10-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Chiefs 4-2
Raiders 3-4
Chargers 2-5
Broncos 2-5

PERFECT weekend for the Chiefs. The Raiders have a tougher schedule the rest of the way so a home loss for the Donks was ideal, as is the Pats clowning the Bolts.

TheGuardian
10-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Chiefs 4-2
Raiders 3-4
Chargers 2-5
Broncos 2-5

PERFECT weekend for the Chiefs. The Raiders have a tougher schedule the rest of the way so a home loss for the Donks was ideal, as is the Pats clowning the Bolts.

We should handle the Bills next week and be sitting at 5-2 going to Oakland. No matter what anyone says you never know what to expect against the Raiders. However I expect us to win that game because overall we're built to beat them. They have a shit run defense, we have the best ground game in the NFL. They can't pass the ball, but can run it, but our run defense is legit.

We should win a close game.

CupidStunt
10-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Week 8 schedule:

KC: Bills
OAK: Seahawks
DEN: "@" 49ers (London)
SD: Titans

I could see the Seahawks winning - they stop the run well, which is all Oakland can do. Trouble is their offense is pretty shit. Should be a close game which I'd expect Oakland to just about pull out.

Broncos will get a win across the pond. The 9ers are pathetic, and might be starting David Carr. Even the 60-burger Broncos won't lose that game.

Titans are a GIFT at +3.5. Take that and bank it. I'd be surprised if the Chargers find a way to win, and I'll certainly be happy with taking a FG.

Most importantly KC needs to take care of business. They'll be @Oak in week 9 and @Den in week 10, after the Broncos get a nice little bye to prepare.

MMXcalibur
10-25-2010, 01:53 PM
We should handle the Bills next week and be sitting at 5-2 going to Oakland. No matter what anyone says you never know what to expect against the Raiders. However I expect us to win that game because overall we're built to beat them. They have a shit run defense, we have the best ground game in the NFL. They can't pass the ball, but can run it, but our run defense is legit.

We should win a close game.

So I guess that 400+ yard, 4 TD passing day against the Ravens defense was what....all compiled on fake punts?