PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs That.........hurt.

Wallcrawler
10-10-2010, 06:31 PM
If you told me before the game that the Colts would only score one TD, and Peyton Manning would not get a single TD pass, I wouldve thought Chiefs 4-0 for sure.

I know its still a rebuilding process, but to finally have a defense to stand up and take it right to Peyton Manning and have them get unceremoniously let down by the offense failing to score 20 points stings.

At some point the Chiefs coaches are going to have to realize that Cassel just cant get it done. I know Croyle isnt that great, but he has a better team around him than when he started before and everyone knows he has a better arm than Cassel.

What could it hurt to give Croyle a shot? Worst case scenario someone brushes up against him lightly and hes out 8 weeks with a strained epidermis. Then they just put Cassel back in and we're right back where we are now.

If Cassel is too damn tentative or scared to step up and make plays for fear of making a mistake, or just flat lack of ability, bench his ass. This 2-5 yard passing bullshit isnt going to beat anybody.

Just gotta go out there and sling it. This shit here isnt working.

God. I hate the Colts so much. I really thought we had it with the way this D was playing. Someone shouldve told them that they would be responsible for putting up any touchdowns for the team since the offense wasnt going to do it.

This D went out there into Peyton Manning's front yard and punched him right in the mouth. Only to be backed up by an offense that could only muster 3 ****ing field goals.

Its time for Mr. Checkdown to ride the pine. Let someone else take a shot (no pun intended.)

Tuxicon
10-10-2010, 06:49 PM
If you told me before the game that the Colts would only score one TD, and Peyton Manning would not get a single TD pass, I wouldve thought Chiefs 4-0 for sure.

I know its still a rebuilding process, but to finally have a defense to stand up and take it right to Peyton Manning and have them get unceremoniously let down by the offense failing to score 20 points stings.

At some point the Chiefs coaches are going to have to realize that Cassel just cant get it done. I know Croyle isnt that great, but he has a better team around him than when he started before and everyone knows he has a better arm than Cassel.

What could it hurt to give Croyle a shot? Worst case scenario someone brushes up against him lightly and hes out 8 weeks with a strained epidermis. Then they just put Cassel back in and we're right back where we are now.

If Cassel is too damn tentative or scared to step up and make plays for fear of making a mistake, or just flat lack of ability, bench his ass. This 2-5 yard passing bullshit isnt going to beat anybody.

Just gotta go out there and sling it. This shit here isnt working.

God. I hate the Colts so much. I really thought we had it with the way this D was playing. Someone shouldve told them that they would be responsible for putting up any touchdowns for the team since the offense wasnt going to do it.

This D went out there into Peyton Manning's front yard and punched him right in the mouth. Only to be backed up by an offense that could only muster 3 ****ing field goals.

Its time for Mr. Checkdown to ride the pine. Let someone else take a shot (no pun intended.)

Get over it. Did you honestly think it would last forever? last time I checked, the colts are next to impossible to beat at home. F U

Bane
10-10-2010, 06:50 PM
We lost a game to the 2nd best team in the NFL last year,that has won tons of games over the past several years...Fugg it,shit happens,but Casshole still sucks!

Marcellus
10-10-2010, 06:54 PM
We lost a game to the 2nd best team in the NFL last year,that has won tons of games over the past several years...Fugg it,shut happens,but Casshole still sucks!

I think all the butt hurt over this loss is silly. Colts don't lose at home. They don't.

KC showed their defense is legit and the running game is good. We all knew the offense needs to get better to win on the road against good teams.

Cassel sucks, we have to win despite him.

Bane
10-10-2010, 06:57 PM
I think all the butt hurt over this loss is silly. Colts don't lose at home. They don't.

KC showed their defense is legit and the running game is good. We all knew the offense needs to get better to win on the road against good teams.

Yeah don't get me wrong I want to win every game we play,even though I know better.I still think with a legit QB we win that game,but Casshole is our guy for now period.

Shag
10-10-2010, 07:06 PM

Going in, I expected the Chiefs to lose this game. That being said, the way they lost is what hurts. The defense played Manning much better than expected, and maybe the best any D will play him all year. The game was there for the taking, and poor play at QB and WR1 cost us the game...

threebag
10-10-2010, 07:17 PM
First off I love the quote of the OP by the second poster. Brilliant. I love scrolling through shit again and again. The offense though not spectacular had it's chances too. I think we showed we have game. I was tickled to be in it to the end. It wasn't a blow out. We showed we are becoming a defensive team...for now. The splitting the carries needs to be different jamall should have been showcased as this is his game. Get him in and keep him in. No knock against Thomas Jones but Jamall is BIG PLAY.

Marcellus
10-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Going in, I expected the Chiefs to lose this game. That being said, the way they lost is what hurts. The defense played Manning much better than expected, and maybe the best any D will play him all year. The game was there for the taking, and poor play at QB and WR1 cost us the game...

Oh yea, it sucks to lose a game you are in the whole time over dumb shit. The defense played lights out and Bowe can't catch a TD pass right in the hands.

I also think he ran the wrong route early in the game when Cassel threw to the corner of the endzone and Bowe was nowhere around.

Cassel just can't carry a team and win a game. That sucks.

Especially a game you are playing the Colts at home and the refs are the 13th man.

luv
10-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Get over it. Did you honestly think it would last forever? last time I checked, the colts are next to impossible to beat at home. F U

That's way more than uncalled for.

Wyndex
10-10-2010, 07:38 PM
i didn't see how that was pass interference against dj, i counted a handful of times diem and johnson held/tackled/pulled on the facemask of hali and guess what..not a single flag all game. my biggest fear is that somehow cassel limits the growth of the team

Marcellus
10-10-2010, 07:42 PM
I think the loss sucked but it wasn't the type of loss that kills a team. They leave knowing they have to do better on offense and that the defense played well.

Not a momentum killer by any means. They go get ass whipped by the Texans and that's another story.

johnny961
10-10-2010, 07:44 PM

Exactly. Our defense played their asses off and we still lost.

Bob Dole
10-10-2010, 07:48 PM
i didn't see how that was pass interference against dj, i counted a handful of times diem and johnson held/tackled/pulled on the facemask of hali and guess what..not a single flag all game. my biggest fear is that somehow cassel limits the growth of the team

If you watch, Hali will get slammed with at least 10 chokeholds a game, and might get 1 called...

DJJasonp
10-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority....but I'm left feeling very positive today. We honestly didnt know if the chiefs defense was for real this season until today.

I'm very excited for the rest of the season and the future....we are young, we are fast, and for the first time since the mid to late 90's....we looked extremely confident on the defensive side of the ball.

I said it a few years back....and I'll reiterate......I'd much rather have a great defense/crappy offense....than vice versa.

That said, Cassel is not the answer. He has happy feet, no arm strength....with little to no accuracy 20 yards or deeper.

Again, at the end of the day....I'm stoked....cause our defense is going to keep us in most, if not all, games the rest of the season.

I think the thing that hurts the most about this game is that we actually had a chance to win. I was hopeful, but at the same time skeptical...going into the game today.

Although it sucks right now with the loss....we are definitely headed for exciting things.

Fish
10-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority....but I'm left feeling very positive today. We honestly didnt know if the chiefs defense was for real this season until today.

I'm very excited for the rest of the season and the future....we are young, we are fast, and for the first time since the mid to late 90's....we looked extremely confident on the defensive side of the ball.

I said it a few years back....and I'll reiterate......I'd much rather have a great defense/crappy offense....than vice versa.

That said, Cassel is not the answer. He has happy feet, no arm strength....with little to no accuracy 20 yards or deeper.

Again, at the end of the day....I'm stoked....cause our defense is going to keep us in most, if not all, games the rest of the season.

I think the thing that hurts the most about this game is that we actually had a chance to win. I was hopeful, but at the same time skeptical...going into the game today.

Although it sucks right now with the loss....we are definitely headed for exciting things.

:clap: Well said. This game answered a lot. Lots of positive things despite the loss.

Wyndex
10-10-2010, 07:51 PM
If you watch, Hali will get slammed with at least 10 chokeholds a game, and might get 1 called...
Yeah i watched him all 2nd half. I'm pretty sure johnson tried getting a piggy back ride from hali on his way to bruise manning.