PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Lets just put this loss behind us

RedThat
10-10-2010, 07:54 PM
I think its best to focus on the season.

Overall, im proud of the Chiefs. They displayed a well fought game against a tough opponent on the road. I see growth and development in this team and plenty of room for improvement. If anybody would've told me the chiefs are going to be 3-1 one quarter into the season, I wouldn't of believed it.

Yeah we can complain how certain players aren't performing to our expectations, but in reality, when you lose games, somewhere along the lines someone on your team is gonna screw up. Unfortunately, today it was Bowe. I hate to point fingers, but its just in our nature to do that after a loss.

I think this team is going to bounce back. Still plenty of football left to be played, and I see them going the distance where their defense and running game will carry them. I think this team has the potential of making the playoffs. When you have a good defense and a good running game like we do, most of the time, those two alone get you into the post season. And history provides evidence of that.

*Hey, we are in first place in our division, and I feel good about our remaining schedule throughout the year. Like I said, plenty of room for improvement. This team has come a long way and the way we are playing now in contrast to the teams of the past when Herm was here, there is no comparison. Our improvement is like night and day. We have plenty of reason to be positive, believe in this team and feel good. We shouldn't let satisfactory players ala Bowe and Cassel get to us. I know a quarterback and receiver is whats seperating this team from being a SB contender, but, I trust or hope Pioli and co will address this issue in the off-season. I don't expect this team to built overnight by addressing all the positions, we have to have a sense of realism. Its okay to admit that they screwed up, but the best of them do imo. we shouldn't count out the possiblity that those positions couldn't improve in the future. I suspect they will work diligently to improve in those areas if those guys don't perform. Coaches and GMs from the Parcells tree have shown they don't accept anything short of excellence.

*Lots of fun and excitement to come. Looking forward to it.

Bane
10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I already have.I hated it,but it is what it is.Time to prep for Houston.

Bugeater
10-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Nah, it's more fun to be angry.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-10-2010, 08:01 PM
There's probably not a single person on this forum who thought the Chiefs would win this game before the season started. Losing to the Colts in Indianapolis is nothing to hang your head about.

Bane
10-10-2010, 08:02 PM
There's probably not a single person on this forum who thought the Chiefs would win this game before the season started. Losing to the Colts in Indianapolis is nothing to hang your head about.

Especially when you consider when they scored their first TD of the game.

KCUnited
10-10-2010, 08:03 PM
It's behind me like a Cassel deep out.

Bugeater
10-10-2010, 08:06 PM
How about when the loss is because your GM pissed away a second round pick and two seasons on a complete pile of crap? Can I be upset about that?

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 08:11 PM

Why do you have to limit it to before the season to rationalize it?

Probably because there were people here who thought this was winnable during the week, and even more that thought it was winnable during the game.

Someone in another thread had the audacity to say something like, "no worries, the Colts never lose in Indy."

Sure, lets rationalize away a game that could, and should have been won - if only we had a QB that any opposing defense is concerned about.

The game was there for the taking, and we folded.

Wallcrawler
10-10-2010, 08:14 PM
The anger is about knowing that Matt Cassel isnt even close to the caliber of QB that we need should we even make the playoffs.

When your defense can go out and shut down Peyton Manning and your offense can do nothing but sit and watch, it doesnt bode well for the rest of the season.

pr_capone
10-10-2010, 08:17 PM

:clap:

Marcellus
10-10-2010, 08:17 PM

Probably because there were people here who thought this was winnable during the week, and even more that thought it was winnable during the game.

Someone in another thread had the audacity to say something like, "no worries, the Colts never lose in Indy."

Sure, lets rationalize away a game that could, and should have been won - if only we had a QB that any opposing defense is concerned about.

Thats what makes it frustrating.

Thing is had you been told we would go into Indy and lose a close competitive game you would take it most of the time.

Just hard to swallow when you have a chance to win and don't.

It's hard to deal with losing to Indy when PM doesn't throw a TD and the defense plays well. You need to win that game because that's how you do it.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 08:19 PM
The anger is about knowing that Matt Cassel isnt even close to the caliber of QB that we need should we even make the playoffs.

When your defense can go out and shut down Peyton Manning and your offense can do nothing but sit and watch, it doesnt bode well for the rest of the season.

Yep.

ZERO offensive TD's in two of the last three games.

Inexcusable.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-10-2010, 08:20 PM

Because it's ridiculous to get your panties in a bunch about losing the hardest game on your schedule. I'm not saying I'm not disappointed, and I think people got a little carried away with their predictions this week. Did people really, honestly think that a Matt Cassel-led team could beat a Peyton Manning-led team? Or was there a little bit of homerism taking over?

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Because it's ridiculous to get your panties in a bunch about losing the hardest game on your schedule. I'm not saying I'm not disappointed, and I think people got a little carried away with their predictions this week. Did people really, honestly think that a Matt Cassel-led team could beat a Peyton Manning-led team? Or was there a little bit of homerism taking over?

So when the hardest game on the schedule comes in the playoffs, I guess it's going to be OK to lose?

When ONE position is holding the entire team back, you bet your ass I'm pissed, and every fan of this team should be pissed.

Rationalizing a loss is for fucking pussies.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 08:22 PM

No kidding. I was surprised reading all the homers picking the Chiefs to win this past week. I said during the week and before the game the Chiefs lose this game. Vegas was right as well with their 7 1/2- 8 point spread.

Marcellus
10-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Yep.

ZERO offensive TD's in two of the last three games.

Inexcusable.

That's hard to swallow.

pr_capone
10-10-2010, 08:23 PM

If Manning had torched us for 358 yards and 3TD then yeah... I would not be taking this near as hard.

The fact that our D played their hearts out and made Manning look mortal... to be beat by our own offensive players, that is what hurts. That is why we are pissed.

Indy did not beat us. We beat ourselves.

JoeyChuckles
10-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Well we weren't going to go 16-0, so I'll take this loss. I don't feel as bad as I thought I would.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 08:26 PM
If Manning had torched us for 358 yards and 3TD then yeah... I would not be taking this near as hard.

The fact that our D played their hearts out and made Manning look mortal... to be beat by our own offensive players, that is what hurts. That is why we are pissed.

If you unrealistically expected Cassel to lead this team and make big plays that is on you.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-10-2010, 08:26 PM
So when the hardest game on the schedule comes in the playoffs, I guess it's going to be OK to lose?

When ONE position is holding the entire team back, you bet your ass I'm pissed, and every fan of this team should be pissed.

Rationalizing a loss is for ****ing pussies.

Hopefully, by the time the hardest game on the schedule comes in the playoffs, the Chiefs will have a different QB.

Marcellus
10-10-2010, 08:27 PM

I can agree with this but remember, the Colts have won a ton of games like that. They don't typically steam roll people. When they went 14-0 or whatever it was they walked a tight rope most of the season.

jspchief
10-10-2010, 08:28 PM
"Why are you bitching when we are 3-0?"

You got your answer today. This is what the team looks like when we don't get kick returns and INTs to gloss over our inept passing game.

It's not the last time this year this team is gonna lose in spite of good overall play, simply because Cassel is an anchor.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 08:28 PM
That's hard to swallow.

And against the 23rd and 24th rated defenses, to boot.

Stinger
10-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Well we weren't going to go 16-0, so I'll take this loss. I don't feel as bad as I thought I would.

15-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 08:30 PM

You got your answer today. This is what the team looks like when we don't get kick returns and INTs to gloss over our inept passing game.

It's not the last time this year this team is gonna lose in spite of good overall play, simply because Cassel is an anchor.

This post should be fucking stickied.

Marcellus
And against the 23rd and 24th rated defenses, to boot.

Playing down to the opponent won't work.

It's like we are the Stl Cards on offense.

pr_capone
If you unrealistically expected Cassel to lead this team and make big plays that is on you.

You are a ****ing moron.

Since when is it unrealistic to expect 1 single solitary offensive TD? Cassel ****ed up. Bowe ****ed up. We were limp dicked on offense the entire game. That is why we lost. That is why I am pissed.

This game was there for the taking and we did nothing to take it.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Playing down to the opponent won't work.

It's like we are the Stl Cards on offense.

And don't look now, but Jacksonville and Buffalo don't look like the pushovers 90% of this place thought they were.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Fuck. It took all day but I'm over it. I knew our QB was shit from the moment the trade was made. So I therefore knew that in order to get the QB we needed, this one would have to shit the bed. Somehow I convinced myself that maybe I could just be wrong, it happens plenty often enough. But ultimately, there is too much suck to be wrong. It is what it is. What I didn't know, is that we also need to replace Bowe, while finding a good 2 as well. We need to let Bowe walk. He's a bust AFAIC. This team has a lot of work to get where we need the offense to be. 2012 here we come!!!

Marcellus
10-10-2010, 08:34 PM
And don't look now, but Jacksonville and Buffalo don't look like the pushovers 90% of this place thought they were.

They don't have Manning and it will be at home. The defense should feast all day. The running game will be effective.

On the road I would be more worried.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 08:35 PM
You are a ****ing moron.

Since when is it unrealistic to expect 1 single solitary offensive TD? Cassel ****ed up. Bowe ****ed up. We were limp dicked on offense the entire game. That is why we lost. That is why I am pissed.

This game was there for the taking and we did nothing to take it.

I didn't say anything about not scoring TD's. I expected they would have gotten at least 1-2 rushing TD's.

I don't expect anything from Cassel except complete suck.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 08:36 PM
They don't have Manning and it will be at home. The defense should feast all day. The running game will be effective.

You're not giving either team anywhere near enough credit.

And honestly, if you can't get in the end zone, you're not going to beat anyone.

pr_capone
10-10-2010, 08:37 PM

Not trying to jump you here but just quoting you to see if I can understand something here.

People keep saying stuff like Manning lead team, well they had Manning, Manning is 10x the QB that Casshole is, other teams don't have Manning.

Manning did not beat us today.

He went 26 for 44 with 244 yards 0 TD and 1 INT for a QB rating of 65.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Not trying to jump you here but just quoting you to see if I can understand something here.

People keep saying stuff like Manning lead team, well they had Manning, Manning is 10x the QB that Casshole is, other teams don't have Manning.

Manning did not beat us today.

He went 26 for 44 with 244 yards 0 TD and 1 INT for a QB rating of 65.

Exactly.

Marcellus
10-10-2010, 08:39 PM
You're not giving either team anywhere near enough credit.

And honestly, if you can't get in the end zone, you're not going to beat anyone.

Come on man, we lost a close game to Indy at their place. The defense made Manning look mortal.

I don't think you are giving KC's defense enough credit.

I just don't see the inconsistency in play we used to see on defense. Those games are very winnable.

If we shit the bed in Houston, I will be worried.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Come on man, we lost a close game to Indy at their place. The defense made Manning look mortal.

I just don't see the inconsistency in play we used to see on defense. Those games are very winnable.

If we shit the bed in Houston, I will be worried.

How am I not giving the defense credit?

You can't expect bend but don't break to work for 60 minutes when your getting ZERO help from your offense, regardless of the opponent.

What will you consider "shitting the bed" in Houston?

IMO, if we don't score on defense or ST, we lose.

Hope I'm wrong, but this offense hasn't shown me anything to make me believe they can score without help.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 08:44 PM
I will just add if the Chiefs can't score against the Colts they are going to be hard pressed to score against anybody. The Colts D is horrible

jspchief
10-10-2010, 08:45 PM

If we shit the bed in Houston, I will be worried.You're right. the way this team is playing, I believe every game will be winnable for us this season.

Sadly, with our passing game, every game is going to be "loseable" too.

Over the course of an NFL season, there are going to be moments when the passing game will have to be clicking. Whether it's extending a possession by converting a down, getting fast points late in a game, or simply giving us offense on the (inevitable) days when the run game doesn't work.

You can't depend on any team to win games consistently in today's NFL with no passing game. Period.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 08:45 PM
I will just add if the Chiefs can't score against the Colts they are going to be hard pressed to score against anybody. The Colts D is horrible

That's my point.

ZERO offensive TD's against the 23rd and 24th ranked defenses.

Completely unacceptable and inexcusable.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 08:46 PM
You're right. the way this team is playing, I believe every game will be winnable for us this season.

Over the course of an NFL season, there are going to be moments when the passing game will have to be clicking. Whether it's extending a possession by converting a down, getting fast points late in a game, or simply giving us offense on the (inevitable) days when the run game doesn't work.

You can't depend on any team to win games consistently in today's NFL with no passing game. Period.

Another solid post.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 08:49 PM
You're right. the way this team is playing, I believe every game will be winnable for us this season.

Yep. Great post.

That's my point.

ZERO offensive TD's against the 23rd and 24th ranked defenses.

Completely unacceptable and inexcusable.

I agree especially with our running game.

I think it is pretty telling we didn't air it out even though they didn't have any safeties playing except the ones they signed off the street this week.

FAX
10-10-2010, 08:55 PM

It seems like Mr. cdcox once warned us about just this sort of thing.

As for the subject at hand, I would be more than pleased to put this loss behind us so long as we run over Mick Cassclench in the process.

FAX

teedubya
10-10-2010, 09:00 PM
I love defense. I've seen teams with all defense and no offense. It is funner than no offense and no defense.

We have defense. We have awesome rushing attack... we have good special teams. We have HORRRRRIIIIIFFFFFFIC passing attack.

it is what it is. Shitty. But kinda okay.

Baby Lee
10-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Yeah we can complain how certain players aren't performing to our expectations,

More concerned about certain player performing precisely to expectations.