PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Does Cassel need more Help?

RustShack
10-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Is having such a good defense, top running game, very good TE, and a weapon like McCluster enough? Bowe has the ability to be good but keeps dropping balls. Chambers was good last year, but doesn't seem to be getting looked at this year.. bang Cassels wife maybe?

Poll to come

notorious
10-10-2010, 08:13 PM
ROFL Rustshack you are stirring up an already pissed off bees' nest.

If Cassel had one of the best teams in NFL history around him he would be servicable.

Oh, wait.....

Mama Hip Rockets
10-10-2010, 08:14 PM
The Chiefs offense would be very, very good with a mediocre QB.

The Bad Guy
10-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I clicked yes by accident. Cassel should be moving the ball with this talent.

Bane
10-10-2010, 08:16 PM
I clicked yes by accident. Cassel should be moving the ball with this talent.

Me too.The yes and no should be switched.ROFL

Bugeater
10-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Should've been a public poll so the people who pick #1 or #3 can be ridiculed.

RustShack
10-10-2010, 08:18 PM
googlegoogle wrote this on my profile ROFL

GO F yourself. Cassell needs help. How about some time to throw.

eat shit.

johnny961
10-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Cassel??? More help??? Exactly what did you have in mind? Breaking his throwing wrist, maybe??

Bane
10-10-2010, 08:19 PM
googlegoogle wrote this on my profile ROFL

Ultra Casshole ball washer eh?ROFL

notorious
10-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Should've been a public poll so the people who pick #1 or #3 can be ridiculed.

We already know who they are. LMAO

milkman
10-10-2010, 08:21 PM
:facepalm:

RealSNR
Yes, Cassel needs some help.

This should do the trick

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk31/drfingers/gallows.jpg

DaFace
Saying that the supporting cast is "great" is going way too far, but they're definitely not the weakest link.

notorious
10-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Saying that the supporting cast is "great" is going way too far, but they're definitely not the weakest link.

This.

"Great" is a little strong.

RealSNR
10-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Maybe Pioli can get on the phone before the trade deadline and acquire THE SWEET RELEASE OF DEATH

Bane
10-10-2010, 08:23 PM
We already know who they are. LMAO

I thought I was clicking yes for he has enough help.Knee jerk reactions are a mofo.:shake:

Silock
10-10-2010, 08:24 PM
I said "Yes," but only because while Cassel sucks, we don't have really good receivers, either. Bowe sucks, Chambers is old, and that leaves us with only Brokeaki. Tony's good, but I still question his ability to stay healthy.

Collie had some great catches today, even when the ball wasn't thrown perfectly. Our receivers can't make those catches.

We need a new QB, but right behind that, we need new receivers, too.

notorious
10-10-2010, 08:24 PM
I thought I was clicking yes for he has enough help.Knee jerk reactions are a mofo.:shake:

Don't worry about it. I was talking about the other threads, especially the poll that has a 9:1 ratio of Croyle/Cassel supporters.

johnny961
10-10-2010, 08:25 PM

This should do the trick

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk31/drfingers/gallows.jpg

ROFL Damn. And I thought I was being cruel by suggesting a broken wrist. :evil:

DaFace
10-10-2010, 08:26 PM

Yeah, very confusing thread in that respect. The answer options are all loaded.

Bane
10-10-2010, 08:26 PM
ROFL Damn. And I thought I was being cruel by suggesting a broken wrist. :evil:

:eek:

Chiefs Rool
10-10-2010, 08:27 PM
The Chiefs offense would be very, very good with a mediocre QB.

Chiefnj2
10-10-2010, 08:31 PM
It wouldn't matter that much with Cassel. A new QB for 2011 will need better receivers. Bowe and Chambers are useless.

Bane
10-10-2010, 08:32 PM
It wouldn't matter that much with Cassel. A new QB for 2011 will need better receivers. Bowe and Chambers are useless.

Worse thing for me is the time we have wasted with Cassel that could have been put toward a young QB.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 08:33 PM
If we could hold their cornerbacks at gunpoint that might help.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Here's some help:

http://www.cuppatea.org/rememberkids.jpg

BWillie
10-10-2010, 08:34 PM
This poll does not reflect anything I would vote for. Instead I would say this....Yes, Cassel needs more help. We are in need of a #1 legit deep threat receiver. With that said, the offensive supporting cast is avg or just below average, something a average QB in the league like Joe Flacco could do fine with. Would be able to have a 89 QB rating and manage the offense much better than Cassel has. Good thing is, the young offensive weapons (Moeaki, McCluster) are going to get better. Bad thing is we signed Cassel to a long term deal for no f*cking reason and the Chief's front office may not want to accept defeat that this is a sunk cost.

jspchief
10-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Bad poll is bad

2 options that lay the blame on Cassel's teammates, and 1 option that describes them as "great".

I didn't vote because the poll is terrible.

The real answer is:

D. We need a real receiver, but what we have isn't so bad that it explains away Cassel looking like shit on a weekly basis.

milkman
10-10-2010, 08:39 PM
I want a QB that's mentally tough that raises the level of play around him, not one who needs the play around him to raise his level of play.

I want a guy who rises above miscues around him and leads his team.

Matt Cassel is an anchor.

I want a hoist.

BIG_DADDY
10-10-2010, 08:41 PM
I didn't vote because the poll is terrible.

amen brother, that's an understatement.

go bo
10-10-2010, 08:43 PM

This should do the trick

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk31/drfingers/gallows.jpgheh...

a direct intervention by God Almighty couldn't have helped cassel today...

2bikemike
10-10-2010, 09:14 PM
IMHO I think Cassell was ruined last year. He needed a dedicated QB coach who new how to groom a QB. The poor O-Line of last year has filled him with doubt and hesitation. He has gotten rid of the ball better rather than taking the sack. But you can tell he is very unsettled and panicky. I don't think he will ever overcome his problems no matter what you do for him now. It appears to me that the coaches are aware of this and are trying hard to limit the potential of Cassell to really screw up.

Chiefnj2
10-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Cassel and Bowe have zero chemistry.

FAX
10-10-2010, 09:19 PM
The concept of a legitimate #1 receiver is good and all, but who is going to throw him the football thing? Mitt Cassclamp can only throw so far. What we really need are more tight ends. And hair. Most of these guys could use some more hair.

FAX

baitism
10-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Where is the "He would suck regardless of how good the supporting cast is."?

Mr. Arrowhead
10-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Yea Cassel needs help to the sidelines

Ming the Merciless
10-10-2010, 09:55 PM
There are many retards and crippled people who 'need help' but would still be crippled and retarded even if they had help.

Ambiguous question, must be answered yes as-is.

Mark Castle has no #1 WR , yet even if he did he would still be Mark Castle. Does he need a better WR? Yes. Would it help? Yes. Would it all of a sudden make him a good/great QB? No.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-10-2010, 09:56 PM
How come Bowe is a 1,000 yard WR, then all a sudden Cassel comes along, and he can hardly get him the ball

Ming the Merciless
10-10-2010, 10:01 PM
How come Bowe is a 1,000 yard WR, then all a sudden Cassel comes along, and he can hardly get him the ball

Did you see the TD Bowe dropped today? And the other drops?

Bowe wouldve had a great day today and we probably would have won the game had he caught the Balls that hit him.

KCbroncoHATER
10-10-2010, 10:01 PM
He can't toss the rock and catch it too.

Zaiko
10-10-2010, 10:02 PM
not enough options.. our supporting cast isn't GREAT, but it's solid. He could use some help at WR, but he also just sucks ass most of the time.

munkey
10-10-2010, 10:11 PM

....cuz cassel sucks...:doh!:

KCbroncoHATER
10-10-2010, 10:13 PM
He didn't catch shit today when it counted most.

Hell three weeks from now you sheep will forget all about butterfingers and blame it all on Matt.

suds79
10-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I firmly believe that QBs make WR cores.

Is the talent around Matt great? No. But it's good enough to be more productive than it is.

Given the fact that the coaching staff doesn't have any faith in Matt to open it up whatsoever tells me all I need to know.

We need a new QB next year if we're ever going to be serious about this teaming becoming a legit playoff contender.

Bwana
10-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah, help finding the door. I was still in the camp of, I hope he can turn it around until today, but I gave up on the guy. He is never going to be a decent NFL QB.

KCbroncoHATER
10-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Is the talent around Matt great? No. But it's good enough to be more productive than it is.

Total bullshit.

jak112460
10-10-2010, 11:22 PM
IMHO I think Cassell was ruined last year. He needed a dedicated QB coach who new how to groom a QB. The poor O-Line of last year has filled him with doubt and hesitation. He has gotten rid of the ball better rather than taking the sack. But you can tell he is very unsettled and panicky. I don't think he will ever overcome his problems no matter what you do for him now. It appears to me that the coaches are aware of this and are trying hard to limit the potential of Cassell to really screw up.

I'm a native of KC. I love the Chiefs. Keep track of them all the time. I live in AZ now. We have the Cardinals and, I know I know they went to the superbowl a couple years ago, THEY have QB problems. The Cards have an undrafted rookie at QB and he is as green as they get. You should be happy you have what you have. That game could have been won today if Bowe made that play in the end zone. Why didn't they kick a field goal early in the game instead of going for it on 4th and 2? That game was lost on the sidelines and through dropped balls.

Goldmember
10-11-2010, 12:49 AM
I don't know, I just feel like killing myself right now

Chiefnj2
10-11-2010, 07:13 AM

TG was getting double and triple teamed. Seriously, as bad as Cassel is, Bowe has regressed and is not reliable whatsoever.

Frosty
10-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Here's the help Cassel needs:

http://www.mugshots.com/IMAGES/P__hardingmug.jpg

Mr. Laz
10-11-2010, 09:17 AM
yes, cassel needs more help ... his receivers have been ass.

that said, he still should be playing better and he is still the weak link of the team.

Otter
10-11-2010, 09:19 AM
So it's the O-Line causing he to throw wobbly ducks?

Rain Man
10-11-2010, 09:24 AM
It's too bad he can't "shadow" other NFL quarterbacks for a while. You know, stand beside them when the make the snap, stand in the pocket next to them, scramble alongside them when the rush comes. I bet it'd be a good learning experience.

milkman
10-12-2010, 08:13 AM
I'm a native of KC. I love the Chiefs. Keep track of them all the time. I live in AZ now. We have the Cardinals and, I know I know they went to the superbowl a couple years ago, THEY have QB problems. The Cards have an undrafted rookie at QB and he is as green as they get. You should be happy you have what you have. That game could have been won today if Bowe made that play in the end zone. Why didn't they kick a field goal early in the game instead of going for it on 4th and 2? That game was lost on the sidelines and through dropped balls.

I watched that game.

Max Hall is as green as can be, made some bad plays, fumbled a couple of times.

But he also made some really good throws, and showed the potential
he has.

He looked a lot like a a Kurt Warner clone.

You may not recognize it, and I may be wrong, but Hall looks like a kid who can become a hell of an NFL QB in a year or two, so the Cards are potentailly in much better shape at QB than the Chiefs are at this point in time.

And beyond that, they have another roookie in John Skelton who looked pretty damn good in preseason.

jak112460
10-12-2010, 08:15 AM
I watched that game.

Max Hall is as green as can be, made some bad plays, fumbled a couple of times.

But he also made some really good throws, and showed the potential
he has.

He looked a lot like a a Kurt Warner clone.

You may not recognize it, and I may be wrong, but Hall looks like a kid who can become a hell of an NFL QB in a year or two, so the Cards are potentailly in much better shape at QB than the Chiefs are at this point in time.

And beyond that, they have another roookie in John Skelton who looked pretty damn good in preseason.

So you are saying you would trade Cassel straight up for either rookie QBs on the Cards?

milkman
10-12-2010, 08:16 AM

Total bullshit.

Trent Green played with some pretty marginal WRs that had a propensity for drops, yet he continued to pass the ball with confidence and authoruty.

Good QBs overcome mistakes.

Bad QBs let mistakes bring them down.

milkman
10-12-2010, 08:17 AM
So you are saying you would trade Cassel straight up for either rookie QBs on the Cards?

Absolutely.

Chiefnj2
10-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Trent Green played with some pretty marginal WRs that had a propensity for drops, yet he continued to pass the ball with confidence and authoruty.

Good QBs overcome mistakes.

Bad QBs let mistakes bring them down.

Green had completely different marching orders than Cassel. I'm not saying Cassel is as good as Green, he's not. But the DV philosophy was to take chances throwing the ball. Hopefully the big plays would outweigh the INTs, etc.

Haley's philosophy is completely opposite of that. He has repeatedly said the first priority is no turnovers - no fumbles, no INTs.

I happen to agree with some of the posters who think that Cassel's biggest problem is his fragile psyche. I think he internalizes all the pressure/mistakes/drops and then gets antsy and even more inaccurate. He was fairly accurate in New England on short to short/intermediate routes. I don't recall reading about his decision making being as bad as it is in KC.

milkman
10-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Green had completely different marching orders than Cassel. I'm not saying Cassel is as good as Green, he's not. But the DV philosophy was to take chances throwing the ball. Hopefully the big plays would outweigh the INTs, etc.

Haley's philosophy is completely opposite of that. He has repeatedly said the first priority is no turnovers - no fumbles, no INTs.

I happen to agree with some of the posters who think that Cassel's biggest problem is his fragile psyche. I think he internalizes all the pressure/mistakes/drops and then gets antsy and even more inaccurate. He was fairly accurate in New England on short to short/intermediate routes. I don't recall reading about his decision making being as bad as it is in KC.

Wow, really?

I have talked about it a lot, especially when I started watching the Patriot replays over the '08 offseason when it became apparent that Cassel was going to be our next QB.

I also know that mecca, Hamas ane Warpath, among others have talked about it repeatedly as well, which is in part, the reason, along with Dane, they have been dubbed "The Four Horseman".

milkman
10-12-2010, 08:52 AM

And as to Green, the marching orders are irrelevent to the fact that Cassel let's the play of others drag him down.

Green always played with, and passed the ball with confidence.

Even when he himself made a mistake, he came pack and played with the same confidence he played with before the mistakes.

He never let the mistakes drag him down.

Good QBs have to play with that mentality, whether they are taking shots down the field, or dinking and dunking it.

If you don't believe in yourself, how can anyone else believe in you?

Chiefnj2
10-12-2010, 09:05 AM
And as to Green, the marching orders are irrelevent to the fact that Cassel let's the play of others drag him down.

Green always played with, and passed the ball with confidence.

Even when he himself made a mistake, he came pack and played with the same confidence he played with before the mistakes.

He never let the mistakes drag him down.

Good QBs have to play with that mentality, whether they are taking shots down the field, or dinking and dunking it.

If you don't believe in yourself, how can anyone else believe in you?

I agree. Green seems to be mentally tougher than Cassel. I can't help but wonder if Cassel would play a little better if KC opened things up a bit and didn't fixate on "don't lose the game for us". It won't happen since the current plan is working.

TrebMaxx
10-12-2010, 09:36 AM
No matter what happens from here on out, I want to see this team bring in fresh blood at the QB position. I don't think the FO will do so until the end of the season unless there is some type of catastrophic scenario, a run of injuries, etc. What I don't understand is it seems the FO is not doing anything to help for the short term. I wonder how much of a impact having a dedicated QB coach would make in the short term. I think we all can agree that Matty doesn't have the complete package to be a great QB but he does have enough physical tools to be average. Bring in a QB coach, someone with experience to teach Matt the finer points, making reads, pocket awareness, etc. Would it make a difference? I don't know but I say it couldn't hurt.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2010, 10:05 AM
He can't toss the rock and catch it too.

So now Cassel is your #1 shithead to defend since LJ flamed-out?

Good for you! :thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Oh, and call me when Cassel needs "more help" loading one of these:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/37/Mayflower_moving_truck.JPG/220px-Mayflower_moving_truck.JPG