PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Disappointed in McCluster

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Bla bla bla, he's a playmaker, he has two touchdowns already, whatever.

He has seven catches for 93 yards. 1/3 of that yardage came on one play. At least two of those are screen passes I believe.

That fucking sucks.

This guy needs to be a threat as a WIDE RECEIVER. He hasnt made a single play down the field. I'm not even talking 20 yards. How about 10? How about coming off the line, putting your foot in the ground, getting open and giving Cassel a target?

I'm not willing to accept the idea that Cassel is so god awful he makes all our wide receivers look terrible.

McCluster hasn't done shit yet. And he was utter garbage in Indy.

Don't buy any of his fucking t-shirts.

RealSNR
10-10-2010, 08:42 PM
For some reason Cassel thought he was a decent 3rd down option today. Makes no sense to me.

The Bad Guy
10-10-2010, 08:44 PM
He looked insanely slow in the return game today.

RustShack
10-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Cassel stares down one WR, and 95% of the time its not one thats more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Marcellus
10-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Let's make up our mind. Is it McCluster or the the QB Play? Is it the receivers or the QB?

You can't have it both ways.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 08:48 PM

That's going to happen when no one opens giant holes for you.

There were returns today when Dex didn't even have a two-man wedge in front of him - guys were just scattering everywhere.

jspchief
10-10-2010, 08:48 PM
He looked insanely slow in the return game today.Yea, I found myself wanting Arenas fielding those returns.

Maybe McCluster is more explosive, but Arenas has been a lot more consistent on his returns.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-10-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm not willing to accept the idea that Cassel is so god awful he makes all our wide receivers look terrible.

That is a dumb thing to say.

jspchief
Let's make up our mind. Is it McCluster or the the QB Play? Is it the receivers or the QB?

You can't have it both ways.Why? Because it's only possible for a single aspect of the game to go wrong in a loss?

BigMeatballDave

Maybe you should. I have. Riddle me this, Batman; How did Bowe catch 86 in his second season? This is how 'God awful' our QB is.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Chambers came in and didn't look like complete dogshit last year.

It's not even a matter of McCluster producing immediately. It's a matter of him showing he can actually do something as a wide receiver.

He has literally shown NOTHING of significance. He just catches shit out of the backfield.

RustShack
10-10-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm sure its just a coincidence that Bowe got a lot worse when we acquired Cassel.

LMAO

Marcellus
Why? Because it's only possible for a single aspect of the game to go wrong in a loss?

The OP is about being disappointed in McCluster as a receiver. There are 1 Million post about Cassel sucking as a QB.

What part do you not get?

BossChief
Yea, I found myself wanting Arenas fielding those returns.

Maybe McCluster is more explosive, but Arenas has been a lot more consistent on his returns.

Arenas was on the field for almost every defensive snap. I bet they went into the game expecting DMC to get all the returns so Arenas could focus on his defensive responsibilities.

He was VERY good in coverage today BTW (Arenas obviously)

Bowser
10-10-2010, 08:54 PM
I feel like I'm in bizzaro world, and this is another Berry thread. But not.

BossChief
10-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Dude, if you dont at least try to stretch the field, you can put Wes Welker himself on this offense and he would have a hard time getting open because everyone in coverage is playing it short.

OnTheWarpath15
Maybe you should. I have. Riddle me this, Batman; How did Bowe catch 86 in his second season? This is how 'God awful' our QB is.

Partly because he was targeted 157 times. Most teams throw their WR1 the ball.

He's going to be lucky to be targeted that many times in 2009/2010 COMBINED.

milkman
The reality is that receicvers in their first year rarely make an impact.

It usually takes a season for them to start to get it, and McCluster is transitioning back to receiver after being converted from WR to RB in college, so expecting him to come into the league and make an immediate splash is a bit unrealistic.

Valiant
10-10-2010, 08:56 PM
The OP is about being disappointed in McCluster as a receiver. There are 1 Million post about Cassel sucking as a QB.

What part do you not get?

And then you countered saying it is either QB or WR, choose??

He is saying it is both..

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm sure its just a coincidence that Bowe got a lot worse when we acquired Cassel.

LMAO

Bowe caught 4.3 balls per game last year. That's not THAT far off his career average.

Hell, it'd be something just to see Cassel overthrew McCluster after he had toasted a defensive back. That would at least prove he can, you know, fill his job description as a wide receiver?

Nada.

Three7s
10-10-2010, 08:57 PM
The whole offense was shit today, not just McCluster.

KCBOSS1
10-10-2010, 08:58 PM
The deal is that he looks like no leader (Cassel), he has a lame arm and looks like he feels like a back up quarterback all of the time. I can't believe we are under this contract with this guy. We do need another receiver besides bowe. He hasn't played well, but he doesn't have confidence in Cassel to get the ball to him anyway. That was a terrible drop today. Check out how McNabb makes all of his receivers look like pro bowlers. He's the leader. Cassel does look like he has the confidence of any of the other players.

KCBOSS1
10-10-2010, 08:58 PM
He will have competition next year.

DeezNutz
10-10-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm confused because I thought we proclaimed our second round to be a fucking HR after game one? Now, after our fourth game, we're worried?

Reactionary much?

OnTheWarpath15
I'm confused because I thought we proclaimed our second round to be a fucking HR after game one? Now, after our fourth game, we're worried?

Reactionary much?

LMAO

jspchief

What part do you not get?The part I don't get is the part where you seem to think it has to be one or the other, and can't be a combination two or more things.

This isn't a f*cking SAT question, where there is only 1 right answer.

Let me try to rephrase the question so the simple people can play too. Sorry, there's no Crayola font, so try to keep up....

We all know that Castle sucks enough to bring down his teammates, but Moeaki has shown that it's still possible to at least be noticeable as a receiver. It's disappointing that McCluster hasn't shown the same ability yet.

Bowser
10-10-2010, 09:00 PM

Reactionary much?

"It's a process"

RealSNR
10-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Bowe caught 4.3 balls per game last year. That's not THAT far off his career average.

Hell, it'd be something just to see Cassel overthrew McCluster after he had toasted a defensive back. That would at least prove he can, you know, fill his job description as a wide receiver?

Nada.I thought his job was to be Wes Welker on this offense?

RustShack
10-10-2010, 09:01 PM
We will never see McCluster get a downfield pass unless its drawn up and hes the go to guy. He could be open down the field, but never gets its thrown that way because Cassel doesn't go through his progressions. Also, you need a WR who can stretch the field for WR's like McCluster to be successful. Even if we were to find that WR who can stretch the field, we don't have a QB who can and hit that receiver.

TheGuardian
10-10-2010, 09:02 PM

He has seven catches for 93 yards. 1/3 of that yardage came on one play. At least two of those are screen passes I believe.

That ****ing sucks.

This guy needs to be a threat as a WIDE RECEIVER. He hasnt made a single play down the field. I'm not even talking 20 yards. How about 10? How about coming off the line, putting your foot in the ground, getting open and giving Cassel a target?

Don't buy any of his ****ing t-shirts.

You're writing this after his 4th game of his rookie year?

It's like you fuckers never learn.

QuikSsurfer
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/gifs/2e1a8zn.gif

Marcellus
I'm confused because I thought we proclaimed our second round to be a ****ing HR after game one? Now, after our fourth game, we're worried?

Reactionary much?

I think everyone is being too reactionary to this loss period.

We still will probably only win 9 games or so which is better than expected for the most part.

The fast start and good defense has changed the expectations a bit early.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Cassel doesn't go through his progressions.

Bullshit. He would be benched.

DeezNutz
10-10-2010, 09:03 PM
"It's a process"

Euphemism, apparently, for fans pissing down their legs with fright.

He's awesome! He sucks! He's awesome! He sucks!

Keep picking that daisy, boys. Let me know how that last petal fairs.

tk13
10-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Plus the fact our WR's don't have many catches to begin with. Bowe is on pace for 28 receptions this year. Chambers - 20. That's an even bigger problem at this point.

DeezNutz
10-10-2010, 09:05 PM
I think everyone is being too reactionary to this loss period.

We still will probably only win 9 games or so which is better than expected for the most part.

The fast start and good defense has changed the expectations a bit early.

My stance in the off-season was 8-8 or GTFO. I think we'll do this, at least, so put me steadfastly in the "progress" camp, and I'm not going to piss myself b/c we lost on the road in IND.

That said, it's disappointing, yet oddly encouraging, because we should have won the sonofabitch.

dirk digler
Cassel completed 16 passes, 2 of which went to Dex one was when he was in the slot IIRC. He caught everything thrown to him unlike other players that remain nameless

Hammock Parties
You're writing this after his 4th game of his rookie year?

It's like you fuckers never learn.

Why does that matter?

I'm not asking for much. I'm asking for a glimpse or two.

Not a punt return. Not a fucking swing pass.

A fucking wide receiver play.

The fact he hasn't made one is disappointing. That's all I'm saying. Hard to argue, don't you think?

RustShack
10-10-2010, 09:06 PM

I bet Manning wishes he could do it like Cassel and not even have to look at them then. I wonder why it is if he doesn't stare down the WR he plans on throwing it to before its snapped, then why doesn't he ever hit another guy that gets open?

Not that they are always getting open, but it does happen.

kysirsoze
THIS.

THREAD.

SUCKS.

jspchief
Plus the fact our WR's don't have many catches to begin with. Bowe is on pace for 28 receptions this year. Chambers - 20. That's an even bigger problem at this point.Honestly, I think this says it all. This team is not throwing the ball downfield, period.

dirk digler
Plus the fact our WR's don't have many catches to begin with. Bowe is on pace for 28 receptions this year. Chambers - 20. That's an even bigger problem at this point.

This is pretty much it.

Can't make chicken salad out of Cassel shit.

Marcellus
My stance in the off-season was 8-8 or GTFO. I think we'll do this, at least, so put my steadfastly in the "progress" camp, and I'm not going to piss myself b/c we lost on the road in IND.

That said, it's disappointing, yet oddly encouraging, that we should have won the sonofabitch.

I think that sums it up.

Silock
10-10-2010, 09:07 PM

Your perception doesn't affect reality. :D

But seriously, it's a combination of both. Yes, he needs to be better, but he's only a rookie. He's played 4 NFL games to this point. I think a little slack is allowed at this point, especially when his situation is compounded by the fact that Cassel sucks.

Good QBs elevate the play of people around them. Cassel can't do that.

milkman
I sai it earlier.

The loss today doesn't bother me.

It just pisses me off that we're stuck with Cassel.

DeezNutz
Can't make chicken salad out of Cassel shit.

This, sadly, cannot bump the badgirl quotation, but it really should be someone's sig.

kysirsoze
10-10-2010, 09:08 PM

Counting on the Chiefs benching Cassel due to performance is an idiotic argument. THEY WON'T DO IT. Simple as that. I feel sure Weis would do it if he had the go ahead.

Silock
10-10-2010, 09:09 PM

Nada.

Do we know for a fact that DMC has been getting those playcalls?

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 09:09 PM
I sai it earlier.

The loss today doesn't bother me.

It just pisses me off that we're stuck with Cassel.

This loss bothers me BECAUSE we're stuck with Cassel.

Sadly, I see more games like this in our future - games we'd win with even average QB play, but lose instead.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Do we know for a fact that DMC has been getting those playcalls?

He's in the slot all the time, playing as a wide receiver, running routes, going down the field.

How about getting open and making a play?

Marcellus
This loss bothers me BECAUSE we're stuck with Cassel.

Sadly, I see more games like this in our future - games we'd win with even average QB play, but lose instead.

Well I have to stick to what I have said in the past, win big or go home. I don't want Cassel wining just enough to keep his job.

Silock
Cassel completed 16 passes, 2 of which went to Dex one was when he was in the slot IIRC. He caught everything thrown to him unlike other players that remain nameless

Wasn't he the target one the 3rd down overthrow following the 2 Bowe drops?

Or was that Charles?

DeezNutz
10-10-2010, 09:12 PM
GoChiefs, are you going to .gif up the wobble duck that was overthrown to a wide open Bowe in the endzone?

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Well I have to stick to what I have said in the past, win big or go home. I don't want Cassel wining just enough to keep his job.

That's the thing:

Cassel hasn't won a single game this year, IMO.

We've won in spite of him, not because of him.

Something tells me that the Executive of the Decade and his Right 53 mantra doesn't see it that way.

RustShack
10-10-2010, 09:14 PM
He's in the slot all the time, playing as a wide receiver, running routes, going down the field.

Maybe you just answered your own question?

"going down the field"

Our starting QB doesn't throw down the field.

Marcellus
That's the thing:

Something tells me that the Executive of the Decade and his Right 53 mantra doesn't see it that way.

I think they know why we have won or lost.

Hammock Parties
GoChiefs, are you going to .gif up the wobble duck that was overthrown to a wide open Bowe in the endzone?

Probably not. Just a wobbly overthrown pass. Not much to write home about.

Silock

I haven't been paying attention to this specific circumstance because I wasn't worried about it.

But, can you point out a few plays where DMC wasn't doing enough to get open and Cassel actually made it through his progression to get to him?

I just haven't seen that.

I'm with you that he is lacking in production, but IMO, there are far bigger fish to fry on this... like every other WR on the team.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Wasn't he the target one the 3rd down overthrow following the 2 Bowe drops?

Or was that Charles?

Yep you are right I thought that was Charles. Cassel also threw to him for a incomplete pass at the first part of the 4th quarter.

DeezNutz
Just remember these threads, boys, when Cassel has a breakout game and posts an 85 QB rating and we have threads calling out the "Cassel haters."

Bowe catches that ball and we'd have those threads right now. "Matty led (lead, in CP vernacular) to a road win in IND and you idiots still hatz him??111"

Hammock Parties
Maybe you just answered your own question?

"going down the field"

Our starting QB doesn't throw down the field.

I already qualified that.

Not looking for a fucking bomb.

How about a nice 10-yard out?

milkman

How do you expect him to get open when no one respects the deep ball?

It's like a damn obstacle course within ten yards of the LOS.

The Bad Guy

Yes, I'm sure a Parcells guy wears rose colored glasses all the time.

You act like Pioli gave himself these awards as well.

kysirsoze
That's the thing:

This is my final hurdle for having full approval of Pioli. If Matt Cassel is still the starting QB next year, I will have little to no faith in him.

DeezNutz
10-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Probably not. Just a wobbly overthrown pass. Not much to write home about.

It was the subject of quite a few exchanges in the chat room. That's why, and it's an appropriate microcosm of his suck.

morphius
10-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Our kickoff return game went to crap as soon as the coaches outsmarted themselves by putting both returners out there. Neither one helps the other one with their blocking ability.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 09:17 PM
But, can you point out a few plays where DMC wasn't doing enough to get open and Cassel actually made it through his progression to get to him?

That's impossible to point out.

All I know is he hasn't done shit as a wide receiver, and he's out there in the slot, a LOT. That's disappointing. Especially considering his draft position.

Simple.

dirk digler

LMAO Perfect

Marcellus

Not looking for a ****ing bomb.

You mean like the baddass catch he made that was nullified by the BS holding call on Albert?

QuikSsurfer
10-10-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm pretty sure that DMC has caught everything thrown his way... I remember one drop on a bubble screen but that's it.
We really don't need to worry about this player.

Did no one see his great sideline catch today that was wiped out (thanks B Albert)?
He has exceeded expectations in the first quarter of the season, IMO.

Holden
Let's not forget McClusters 3rd down tight rope catch on the sideline that got called back. That was pretty clutch despite the hold.

dirk digler

All I know is he hasn't done shit as a wide receiver, and he's out there in the slot, a LOT. That's disappointing. Especially considering his draft position.

Simple.

McCluster is 2 pass receptions behind our supposedly #1 WR.

RustShack
10-10-2010, 09:20 PM

Simple.

You mean as a second rounder who played RB in college? Our third option at WR isn't playing like a seasoned first WR by his fourth game!?

tk13
10-10-2010, 09:21 PM
That's the thing:

You really don't believe that, do you? You act like these guys are Carl and Herm. You're talking about a front office and coaching staff that over the last 20 years has a pretty good record of working with big armed pocket QB's. Brady, Bledsoe, Testeverde, and Warner included in their various stops.

You can really sit there with a straight face and think that Haley and Weis and Pioli think Cassel is even doing what Vinny did with the Jets?

-King-
10-10-2010, 09:22 PM
LMAO This is hilarious. You say that a qb sucks.....then turn around and blame the receiver for not being productive? Really?
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
10-10-2010, 09:23 PM

Not looking for a ****ing bomb.

You mean like the baddass catch he made that was nullified by the BS holding call on Albert?
I'm pretty sure that DMC has caught everything thrown his way... I remember one drop on a bubble screen but that's it.
We really don't need to worry about this player.

Did no one see his great sideline catch today that was wiped out (thanks B Albert)?
He has exceeded expectations in the first quarter of the season, IMO.
Let's not forget McClusters 3rd down tight rope catch on the sideline that got called back. That was pretty clutch despite the hold.
McCluster is 2 pass receptions behind our supposedly #1 WR.

Thread over.

DeezNutz
10-10-2010, 09:23 PM
You can really sit there with a straight face and think that Haley and Weis and Pioli think Cassel is even doing what Vinny did with the Jets?

I would assume not.

I would state this more confidently if we hadn't made so many moves last off-season to accommodate Cassel, when it should have been sufficiently clear then that he wasn't the answer.

Hell, it should have been clear to Pioli before he arrived in KC, but I digress.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 09:24 PM

Beats me. He should smoke whatever Moeaki's smoking.

morphius
10-10-2010, 09:27 PM
You really don't believe that, do you? You act like these guys are Carl and Herm. You're talking about a front office and coaching staff that over the last 20 years has a pretty good record of working with big armed pocket QB's. Brady, Bledsoe, Testeverde, and Warner included in their various stops.

Sometimes you take a gamble on a QB and you win, sometimes you lose. I can't remember anyone from the front office come out and start talking about Cassel is playing at a probowl level. And yes, we do understand that without the people he trusted for his first draft Pioli did a terrible job, shocked I am...

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 09:29 PM

When a guy that throws 4 INT's in a game tells the media he graded out with no errors, I have no reason to think otherwise.

This regime refuses to say anything remotely negative about the guy, while having no problem holding other players accountable. What has Cassel done to deserve that?

So until they sit his ass on the bench, or cut his ass, I don't see my opinion changing on this.

hold EVERYONE

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 09:30 PM
I would assume not.

I would state this more confidently if we hadn't made so many moves last off-season to accommodate Cassel, when it should have been sufficiently clear then that he wasn't the answer.

Hell, it should have been clear to Pioli before he arrived in KC, but I digress.

Another good point.

They obviously didn't think he was the problem last year, so I'm not sure why they'd change their mind this year.

milkman
10-10-2010, 09:30 PM

You're comparing a TE who's used to working in traffic to a guy that's learning a new position on the fly.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 09:31 PM
You mean as a second rounder who played RB in college? Our third option at WR isn't playing like a seasoned first WR by his fourth game!?

Who said anything about seasoned vet?

Christ. Read the thread again.

Right now the guy is a glorified backfield gimmick.

Anyone remember the threads about Percy Harvin?

tk13
10-10-2010, 09:31 PM
When a guy that throws 4 INT's in a game tells the media he graded out with no errors, I have no reason to think otherwise.

This regime refuses to say anything remotely negative about the guy, while having no problem holding other players accountable. What has Cassel done to deserve that?

So until they sit his ass on the bench, or cut his ass, I don't see my opinion changing on this.

hold EVERYONE

I think it's the same reason Dick Vermeil used to praise Eric Hicks and ride Larry Johnson, but that will just make people more angry. But as I've always said I don't take what's said to the media at face value at all.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Perhaps the most disappointing isn't his lack of production as a WR, but the realization that SD's special teams are historically bad. They might be the worst ST unit of all time.

2 blocked kicks, and 3 KR TDs in 5 fucking games.

Takes a little of the shine off of that PR TD.

DeezNutz
10-10-2010, 09:32 PM

He could smoke it, or worry about eating after the smoke to put on another 60 pounds, at least, and grow another 6 inches, which would be more useful in traffic.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 09:33 PM
I think it's the same reason Dick Vermeil used to praise Eric Hicks and ride Larry Johnson, but that will just make people more angry. But as I've always said I don't take what's said to the media at face value at all.

Actions speak louder than words.

And they keep throwing him out there, and went out of their way to get him some "help" in the offseason.

I think it's pretty clear they don't think he's the problem.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 09:34 PM
I would assume not.

I hated the Cassel trade but I do have a theory. Maybe the plan was to bring in a QB that knew the system and the "Patriot Way" knowing all along that after the 2nd year when they are ready to contend they could move on from him unless of course he turned into Tom Brady.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2010, 09:35 PM
I hated the Cassel trade but I do have a theory. Maybe the plan was to bring in a QB that knew the system and the "Patriot Way" knowing all along that after the 2nd year when they are ready to contend they could move on from him unless of course he turned into Tom Brady.

That's bullfuck, and you know it. You don't give a guy 30 million guaranteed if you think he's just a transitional character guy.

milkman
10-10-2010, 09:35 PM

That makes no sense at all.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 09:39 PM
That's bullfuck, and you know it. You don't give a guy 30 million guaranteed if you think he's just a transitional character guy.

That is why I said it was a theory. He got 2 years at the franchise number so for a team that is last in payroll it really isn't that big of a deal.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2010, 09:40 PM
That is why I said it was a theory. He got 2 years at the franchise number so for a team that is last in payroll it really isn't that big of a deal.

And the 2 years of QB development, and the waste of the #3 and #34 overall picks?

DeezNutz
10-10-2010, 09:41 PM

Cassel's fucking sucktitude has even warped the usually steady dirk. Is there no end to the madness?

Shag
10-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Bowe has 9 catches, and Chambers has 7. What exactly are you expecting? No WRs on this team are making plays, and I think you can guess why...

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 09:52 PM
And the 2 years of QB development, and the waste of the #3 and #34 overall picks?

Fair questions. I look at it that they got their Patriot Ways leaders, one on offense and one on Defense to help transition this organization and team.

Like I said it is just a theory.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Cassel's fucking sucktitude has even warped the usually steady dirk. Is there no end to the madness?

I am not defending it or even liking it. Just taking a guess.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Fair questions. I look at it that they got their Patriot Ways guys, one on offense and one on Defense to help transition this organization and team.

Like I said it is just a theory.

That seems to do a pretty good job of leaving out the fact that they gave Cassel 30+ million and they brought in a dickton of former Patriots, anyway.

Coach
10-10-2010, 09:57 PM
That seems to do a pretty good job of leaving out the fact that they gave Cassel 30+ million and they brought in a dickton of former Patriots, anyway.

Well, to be fair, Vrabel was a nice addition, even if he's past his prime.

Cassel, on the other hand.... well, let's just say that I hope the organization is smart enough to let him go after this season.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Who said anything about seasoned vet?

Christ. Read the thread again.

Right now the guy is a glorified backfield gimmick.

Anyone remember the threads about Percy Harvin?

JFC.

Matt Cassel is not Brett Favre.

#1 - he's a rookie in his 4th game playing a brand new position
#2 - his QB isn't hitting open receivers or finding open receivers
#3 - given that his role is supposed to be similar to Welker's, kind of hard to slip underneath coverages when the Safeties know you're not going to throw the ball past 10 yards.

Give him time to learn. And let's see what he does when we have at least average QB play. McCluster's game is completely taken away when the defense has no respect for the deeper pass.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 10:02 PM

The money is meaningless since they are last or next to last in payroll. If they didn't pay Cassel they would be so far at the bottom it wouldn't be funny.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Actions speak louder than words.

And they keep throwing him out there, and went out of their way to get him some "help" in the offseason.

I think it's pretty clear they don't think he's the problem.

I don't see how that's clear at all. I don't understand how you're getting from point A to point B.

If they have so much confidence in Cassel, why would they then build their offense around a power running game? And why would Charlie Weis design an offense around dink and dunks?

It's pretty clear in their gameplanning that the coaches don't have confidence in him. And I'm pretty most people are in the school of thought that the front office's moves for more offensive players is pretty blatantly signalling to Cassel that if he fails this season, he can't blame that on poor o-line play or a poor supporting cast.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 10:07 PM
I don't see how that's clear at all. I don't understand how you're getting from point A to point B.

If they have so much confidence in Cassel, why would they then build their offense around a power running game? And why would Charlie Weis design an offense around dink and dunks?

It's pretty clear in their gameplanning that the coaches don't have confidence in him. And I'm pretty most people are in the school of thought that the front office's moves for more offensive players is pretty blatantly signalling to Cassel that if he fails this season, he can't blame that on poor o-line play or a poor supporting cast.

It is painfully obvious they have ZERO confidence in Cassel. The Colts were missing all their safeties and they still didn't throw the ball down the middle of the field or try to take advantage of that.

tk13
10-10-2010, 10:11 PM
The other argument you can make is that if they do bring in another QB, they want to bring him into a situation like Sanchez or Roethlisberger was brought into... and not the situation Cassel was brought into. But who knows if that's the case. But I always have thought that sometimes good QB's don't make it because they come into a bad situation.

Just look at Clausen. Nobody would've said this before the season... we all thought the Panthers were a good situation, but they look horrible, and he's played horrible.

Coach
10-10-2010, 10:15 PM

Which brings up the issue. If the Chiefs are 3-1, and the coaches have no confidence in him, then what is the issue of trying the back-up?

Yeah, he probably didn't perform well in practice or whatever the hell it's all about, but practice setting does not = game setting.

Honestly, I'd like to see what Brodie is capable of at of this point.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 10:16 PM
The other argument you can make is that if they do bring in another QB, they want to bring him into a situation like Sanchez or Roethlisberger was brought into... and not the situation Cassel was brought into. But who knows if that's the case. But I always have thought that sometimes good QB's don't make it because they come into a bad situation.

Just look at Clausen. Nobody would've said this before the season... we all thought the Panthers were a good situation, but they look horrible, and he's played horrible.

That is part of my theory. Cassel is the transition guy who takes all the beatings while they build up the team then they bring in or draft a new QB.

As far as Clausen goes:

8. Jimmy Clausen isn't close to ready to play. It's a bad sign when the Panthers pick off Bears quarterback Todd Collins four times and hold him to 32 yards on 16 attempts, and yet Carolina wasn't even competitive in a 23-6 loss. This is the worst passing attack since the 2005 49ers. (Alex Smith's rookie year.)

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Which brings up the issue. If the Chiefs are 3-1, and the coaches have no confidence in him, then what is the issue of trying the back-up?

Yeah, he probably didn't perform well in practice or whatever the hell it's all about, but practice setting does not = game setting.

Exactly.

The staff keeps throwing Cassel out there, even though the team is winning in spite of him.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 10:20 PM

You could make the case if Cassel was turning the ball over but he isn't. At least not yet anyway.

tk13
10-10-2010, 10:22 PM
That is part of my theory. Cassel is the transition guy who takes all the beatings while they build up the team then they bring in or draft a new QB.

As far as Clausen goes:

I think they legitimately thought he would be a franchise guy after his success in NE. But it didn't work out, and it's legitimate to say that our WR's and TE's were pretty horrible last year. So they fixed that, and brought in Charlie Weis. So far, it hasn't clicked. But I'm certainly not convinced that anything in the history of our front office/coaches indicates they will sit there through 4-5 more years of this.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 10:22 PM
You could make the case if Cassel was turning the ball over but he isn't. At least not yet anyway.

3 INT's in 4 games.

Not exactly great.

4 TD's in 4 games.

Fucking pathetic.

650 yards?

That's a week and a half for Kyle Orton.

KYLE.

ORTON.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 10:23 PM
But Kyle Orton has Jabar Gaffney and Brandon Lloyd.

OnTheWarpath15
I think they legitimately thought he would be a franchise guy after his success in NE. But it didn't work out, and it's legitimate to say that our WR's and TE's were pretty horrible last year. So they fixed that, and brought in Charlie Weis. So far, it hasn't clicked. But I'm certainly not convinced that anything in the history of our front office/coaches indicates they will sit there through 4-5 more years of this.

They left themselves no choice but to sit through it another two years, because they didn't bother to draft any competition when they had the chance.

DaneMcCloud
And yes, we do understand that without the people he trusted for his first draft Pioli did a terrible job, shocked I am...

Bullshit. This seriously needs to be stickied.

Pioli tossed out the scouting reports handed in by the Chiefs and exclusively used the reports from his New England guys.

Furthermore, what the fuck did Pioli do from May to December 2008? NOT watch a college football game? NOT scout? Gimme a break.

The responsibility for the 2009 NFL draft lies SOLELY with Scott Pioli.

Quit making excuses.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 10:24 PM

ROFL

the Talking Can
10-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Cassel is responsible for McClusters lack of performance

Cassel is not responsible for Bowe's lack of performance

i've read both on this board today

which is it?

Coach
10-10-2010, 10:25 PM

It's not the issue about turnovers or anything. The issue here is that he can't complete a pass of 15+ yards on a consistent basis, and not to mention that his arm strength, well, it's like a rainbow-ish throw that feels like it takes forever for the fucking ball to get to the receiver.

I wonder if the majority of the playbook is being shelved because the coaching staff is/are aware of the fact that he can't throw more than 10-15 yards with some force on the ball, that they're having to settle for 3-5 yard dumpoffs, slants, ins, curls, etc. with a little occasional deep bomb attempt.

DaneMcCloud

Funny how in August when I mentioned that the Chiefs with Kyle Orton would be a solid playoff team, people flipped me shit.

:shake:

dirk digler

If Pioli actually thought that then he fucked up plain and simple.

Priest31kc
10-10-2010, 10:26 PM
JFC.

Matt Cassel is not Brett Favre.

#1 - he's a rookie in his 4th game playing a brand new position
#2 - his QB isn't hitting open receivers or finding open receivers
#3 - given that his role is supposed to be similar to Welker's, kind of hard to slip underneath coverages when the Safeties know you're not going to throw the ball past 10 yards.

Give him time to learn. And let's see what he does when we have at least average QB play. McCluster's game is completely taken away when the defense has no respect for the deeper pass.

This.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Don't you know that Matt Cassel had his BEST pro season throwing to Jabar Gaffney?

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 10:28 PM
If Pioli actually thought that then he fucked up plain and simple.

Of course he thought that.

He passed on potential franchise QB's in back-to-back drafts that at minimum would have provided insurance in the event Cassel sucked.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 10:29 PM
3 INT's in 4 games.

Not exactly great.

4 TD's in 4 games.

Fucking pathetic.

650 yards?

That's a week and a half for Kyle Orton.

KYLE.

ORTON.

I was thinking more along the lines of Jake Cutler INT rate.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 10:34 PM
It's not the issue about turnovers or anything. The issue here is that he can't complete a pass of 15+ yards on a consistent basis, and not to mention that his arm strength, well, it's like a rainbow-ish throw that feels like it takes forever for the fucking ball to get to the receiver.

I wonder if the majority of the playbook is being shelved because the coaching staff is/are aware of the fact that he can't throw more than 10-15 yards with some force on the ball, that they're having to settle for 3-5 yard dumpoffs, slants, ins, curls, etc. with a little occasional deep bomb attempt.

I agree with all of that but just listening to Haley every week talking about how little margin of error they have makes me think that Cassel with all his shortcomings they think he is the safest QB and won't turn the ball over.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 10:34 PM

He passed on potential franchise QB's in back-to-back drafts that at minimum would have provided insurance in the event Cassel sucked.

OTW, like I've said, looking more and more like missing Sanchez was a huge mistake. And the 2009 draft was an embarrassment. I just don't understand the case for 2010 and how people are using McCluster's performance against the Colts as some sort of a justification. I agree the Chiefs needed insurance at QB, but I'm not using a 2nd round pick on a QB unless I want him to be a starter for me.

It goes back to the way people move the uprights. There are about a million and a half threads about how the only way to get a franchise QB is in the first round. If that's the case, then Clausen doesn't fit that mold and we would have wasted a 2nd round pick on a career backup.

Lumping Clausen into the "potential franchise QB" category is very liberally stretching what I thought most people on this board were saying pretty clearly about the importance of first round QBs.

Silock
10-10-2010, 10:35 PM
I agree with all of that but just listening to Haley every week talking about how little margin of error they have makes me think that Cassel with all his shortcomings they think he is the safest QB and won't turn the ball over.

Safe? We're talking about playing it safe from a guy that went for an onside kick to start the game off, and then went for it on 4th down instead of taking the points?

That can't be the reason.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Safe? We're talking about playing it safe from a guy that went for an onside kick to start the game off, and then went for it on 4th down instead of taking the points?

That can't be the reason.

That had more to do with the opponent than anything else.

Coach
10-10-2010, 10:39 PM

Eh, I'd rather take my chances with Brodie than Matt Cassel as of this point.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 10:39 PM

2009 probably. 2010 no chance. Clausen isn't even close to NFL ready.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Eh, I'd rather take my chances with Brodie than Matt Cassel as of this point.

As I would and stated such after the Cleveland game.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 10:42 PM
2009 probably. 2010 no chance. Clausen isn't even close to NFL ready.

And where did I say anything about either of them starting?

I'm pretty sure I referred to both as insurance.

Hell, they had no contingency plan whatsoever.

Draft, FA, scrap heap, nothing.

Which tells me they don't think Cassel is the problem.

Coach
10-10-2010, 10:45 PM

And becuase of that, I am afraid that they may continue to go forward in 2011 with Cassel, contract be damned.....

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 10:47 PM

You don't use a second round pick as insurance. You use a second round pick on a guy you believe will be very good at the position he plays. Right now, you are hanging your case on the idea that Jimmy Clausen has potential to be a QBOTF and that is a very hard argument to make right now.

I get that Clausen couldn't be a whole lot worse than Cassel. But the goal isn't to get better than Cassel. The goal is to come as close to a franchise QB as we can get.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 10:48 PM
You don't use a second round pick as insurance. You use a second round pick on a guy you believe will be very good at the position he plays. Right now, you are hanging your case on the idea that Jimmy Clausen has potential to be a QBOTF and that is a very hard argument to make right now.

I get that Clausen couldn't be a whole lot worse than Cassel. But the goal isn't to get better than Cassel. The goal is to come as close to a franchise QB as we can get.

Feel free to ignore the other QB mentioned.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 10:49 PM

To me it sounds like they like Croyle as the backup and as insurance in comparison to Clausen.

They messed up not picking Sanchez.

I also understand why they are not saying anything negative about Cassel or even mentioning Brodie. They don't want a QB controversy because once that happens the season is lost and your locker room is fractured.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 10:49 PM
And becuase of that, I am afraid that they may continue to go forward in 2011 with Cassel, contract be damned.....

What choice do they have?

I have my doubts they'll spend a high pick on a QB next year as it is.

Starting him?

No fucking way.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 10:50 PM
To me it sounds like they like Croyle as the backup and as insurance.

Then play the fucking kid, because the goddamn sacred cow isn't getting the job done.

You can't give games away in this league.

Today, they gave one away.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Feel free to ignore the other QB mentioned.

What QB did we pass on in 2010?

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 10:53 PM
What QB did we pass on in 2010?

I'm pretty sure I said back-to-back drafts.

Not sure why I'm bothering.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Then play the fucking kid, because the goddamn sacred cow isn't getting the job done.

You can't give games away in this league.

Today, they gave one away.

Like I said they don't want to manufacture a QB controversy. You go down that road you might as well throw the towel in.

OnTheWarpath15
10-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Like I said they don't want to manufacture a QB controversy. You go down that road you might as well throw the towel in.

As opposed to giving games away this way?

What's going to cause a bigger problem in the locker room?

Everyone knowing that the QB is the weak link, yet nothing is done, or the backup is brought in hopes he provides a spark to a shitty offense?

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm pretty sure I said back-to-back drafts.

Not sure why I'm bothering.

Asked and answered. Multiple times.

I'm trying to figure out why you're trying to squeeze Clausen into even remotely the same category as Sanchez. 2010 doesn't belong in the same conversation. They passed on QBs because there weren't any in free agency or the draft in KC's spots that looked like franchise QBs. The only guy I wish we would have made a play for, at this point, is McNabb.

DaneMcCloud
10-10-2010, 10:59 PM
If Cassel continues to play shitty, I'm betting Haley replaces Cassel.

I don't see any reason why they'd be so stubborn as to fuck the team out of wins.

Belichick & Pioli had no problem replacing and sticking with Bledsoe after Brady performed well in 2001 and after the Super Bowl win, Bledsoe was traded.

The only difference being that I don't think Cassel's worth a draft choice to anyone.

Coach
10-10-2010, 11:00 PM

I don't see any reason why they'd be so stubborn as to fuck the team out of wins.

Belichick & Pioli had no problem replacing Bledsoe after Brady performed well in 2001 and after the Super Bowl win, Bledsoe was traded.

The thing is, wasn't Bledsoe got hurt in order to pave the way for Brady?

Edited: Yep. Was KO'ed by Mo Lewis.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 11:00 PM

It would be pretty exciting to see Croyle playing surrounded by talent for once.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 11:01 PM
As opposed to giving games away this way?

What's going to cause a bigger problem in the locker room?

Everyone knowing that the QB is the weak link, yet nothing is done, or the backup is brought in hopes he provides a spark to a shitty offense?

OTW the fan in me would like Croyle to get a shot. But it is unrealistic at this point, being 3-1 with a 2 game lead in the ACFW to change QB's.

DaneMcCloud
10-10-2010, 11:01 PM
The thing is, wasn't Bledsoe got hurt in order to pave the way for Brady?

Yes but once healthy, they stayed with Brady.

I just can't imagine Haley, Weis, Crennel and Pioli saying "Ah well, we're paying him, might as well play him, even though we'll likely lose".

I just cannot see that scenario playing itself out.

DaneMcCloud
10-10-2010, 11:03 PM
It would be pretty exciting to see Croyle playing surrounded by talent for once.

Yes, it would be nice to see Croyle prepare as the first team QB under Weis for a number of weeks behind a good offensive line that features multiple talented running backs and a very good receiver in Moeaki.

I'd prefer they both be allowed to play themselves out of town. Cassel's already done that, IMO.

Now it's Brodie's turn.

Coach
10-10-2010, 11:03 PM

I just can't imagine Haley, Weis, Crennel and Pioli saying "Ah well, we're paying him, might as well play him, even though we'll likely lose".

I just cannot see that scenario playing itself out.

I don't know man, Haley and Weis, I could see. But Pioli? The guy who brought him here with a $60 million contract? I have my doubts.

Coach
10-10-2010, 11:04 PM
OTW the fan in me would like Croyle to get a shot. But it is unrealistic at this point, being 3-1 with a 2 game lead in the ACFW to change QB's.

No, it's not unrealistic, considering that we got shutout offensively in 2 out of 4 games, against medicore defenses.

That's not going to cut it.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 11:05 PM

Belichick & Pioli had no problem replacing and sticking with Bledsoe after Brady performed well in 2001 and after the Super Bowl win, Bledsoe was traded.

The only difference being that I don't think Cassel's worth a draft choice to anyone.

As coach pointed out Bledsoe got hurt. We in essence would be doing what the Eagles and Raiders are doing. And history bears out that way is not very successful.

I have no doubt once the season ends Cassel is gone or a backup if he continues to play this way.

aturnis
10-10-2010, 11:06 PM

That ****ing sucks.

Don't buy any of his ****ing t-shirts.

First of all, haven't read anything, just answering the OP.

Second, you're closing line is comedy gold for me. Love it.

Third. I think a lot of blame should be laid at the feet of two guys who are not Dexter McCluster.

Matt Cassel, for failing to get the ball to ANYONE not named Moeaki. Which actually contests my anti Cassel point. Why on earth can Moeaki not only get open consistently, but also catch a Cassel ball, but nobody else can? I mean, I'm an Iowa guy, so I know the guy is great. Mayock knows nothing when he says “He’s not a great blocker, (but) he’s got an edge to him and will block.” Iowa fans, many on this very board know that Moeaki was without a doubt the best TE in this draft. All around a DAMNED good blocker and a good option in the passing game. Coming up with big plays at big moments. Ferentz didn't say he's the best TE he's ever coached for nothing(better than Dallas Clark).

Also, Weis, who I think calls a SHIT game. Sure, he draws up some genius plays, but sucks when calling them. Too many JC draws on 3rd and long getting tackled before he even has the ball for my liking. Weis does not gameplan as well as RAC. Needs to get something out of Cassel, period.

All that and the off topic said. I too am disappoint in McCluster. He needs to get open, he needs to catch the ball, and he needs to be explosive. Period.

That said, why hasn't Dex gone deep? He has the speed. I still want to see them bring in JC in the backfield, shift him out and send he and Dex deep, with Bowe and Chambers staying short to intermediate. We can't have a deep game if we don't try to create one.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 11:08 PM
No, it's not unrealistic, considering that we got shutout offensively in 2 out of 4 games, against medicore defenses.

That's not going to cut it.

Ok so let's say we bench Cassel this week and Croyle comes in and in the 2nd series gets leveled and is out for the year. It is not like that hasn't happened at least a few times. Then what do you have?

Hammock Parties
10-10-2010, 11:09 PM
That t-shirt shit pisses me off, though.

Fucking establish yourself as a player, flava clown.

RealSNR
10-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Ok so let's say we bench Cassel this week and Croyle comes in and in the 2nd series gets leveled and is out for the year. It is not like that hasn't happened at least a few times. Then what do you have?So you're saying we should start Cassel over Croyle to avoid the risk of having to start Cassel if/when Croyle gets injured.

Could you make your way to the inquisition thread, please?

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 11:11 PM
First of all, haven't read anything, just answering the OP.

Second, you're closing line is comedy gold for me. Love it.

Third. I think a lot of blame should be laid at the feet of two guys who are not Dexter McCluster.

Matt Cassel, for failing to get the ball to ANYONE not named Moeaki. Which actually contests my anti Cassel point. Why on earth can Moeaki not only get open consistently, but also catch a Cassel ball, but nobody else can? I mean, I'm an Iowa guy, so I know the guy is great. Mayock knows nothing when he says “He’s not a great blocker, (but) he’s got an edge to him and will block.” Iowa fans, many on this very board know that Moeaki was without a doubt the best TE in this draft. All around a DAMNED good blocker and a good option in the passing game. Coming up with big plays at big moments. Ferentz didn't say he's the best TE he's ever coached for nothing(better than Dallas Clark).

Also, Weis, who I think calls a SHIT game. Sure, he draws up some genius plays, but sucks when calling them. Too many JC draws on 3rd and long getting tackled before he even has the ball for my liking. Weis does not gameplan as well as RAC. Needs to get something out of Cassel, period.

All that and the off topic said. I too am disappoint in McCluster. He needs to get open, he needs to catch the ball, and he needs to be explosive. Period.

That said, why hasn't Dex gone deep? He has the speed. I still want to see them bring in JC in the backfield, shift him out and send he and Dex deep, with Bowe and Chambers staying short to intermediate. We can't have a deep game if we don't try to create one.

I don't have a problem with the playcalling.

For the majority of the game, the plays worked if our players would actually execute.

As for Dex, he hasn't gone deep because that's not his bread and butter. he needs the receivers to at least give him space on the underneath routes so he can catch and run. That's where he's most dangerous. You get a legit QB who's not even great, but scary enough that Safeties have to play back a bit, that's when McCluster can really shine.

DaneMcCloud
10-10-2010, 11:14 PM
I don't know man, Haley and Weis, I could see. But Pioli? The guy who brought him here with a $60 million contract? I have my doubts.

If Pioli is truly going to lead this team back to the Super Bowl, he'll need to trust his eyes and his coaches. Guiding a team from the standpoint of perceived failure will get this team nowhere.

I'd like to believe he's a bigger man than that.

RealSNR
10-10-2010, 11:14 PM
I have an ass tumor. The doctor says there's a good chance that treatment of the ass tumor is going to fail. That really puts me in a pickle, I know.

I think the right decision is to just leave the tumor alone and hope it improves.

Coach
10-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Ok so let's say we bench Cassel this week and Croyle comes in and in the 2nd series gets leveled and is out for the year. It is not like that hasn't happened at least a few times. Then what do you have?

Well, at least they tried. That's all we're asking.

Brock
10-10-2010, 11:20 PM

How are you worse off?

Coach
10-10-2010, 11:22 PM
If Pioli is truly going to lead this team back to the Super Bowl, he'll need to trust his eyes and his coaches. Guiding a team from the standpoint of perceived failure will get this team nowhere.

I'd like to believe he's a bigger man than that.

I'd like to as well, but keep in mind that this is the guy that disregarded the 2009 draft by the Chiefs scouting team, and went with NE's scout draft. That didn't work out too well.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 11:23 PM
So you're saying we should start Cassel over Croyle to avoid the risk of having to start Cassel if/when Croyle gets injured.

Could you make your way to the inquisition thread, please?

I am not defending Cassel at all in fact if he got hurt and couldn't play the rest of the season that would be fine by me.

What I am saying though is we are 3-1 with a 2 game lead in the AFCW and replacing your starting QB is in effect throwing in the towel for the season, a potential division championship and playoff berth.

And now that I think about it the Eagles situation was based on injury as well so we would be doing what the Raiders did.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2010, 11:24 PM
I'd like to as well, but keep in mind that this is the guy that disregarded the 2009 draft by the Chiefs scouting team, and went with NE's scout draft. That didn't work out too well.

It didn't. But I don't think we've seen anything that leads us to believe that he doesn't trust his own guys. That's a much different story. If the Chiefs don't bring in a competitive QB in 2011, that's a different story. For now, I haven't seen anything that should lead us to believe that they have stubborn trust in him.

Brock
10-10-2010, 11:24 PM
replacing your starting QB is in effect throwing in the towel for the season, a potential division championship and playoff berth.

No, it isn't.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Well, at least they tried. That's all we're asking.

I understand completely I hate Cassel just as much as everybody else does.

dirk digler
10-10-2010, 11:31 PM
No, it isn't.

IMO it is. If this was a situation where Cassel got injured and Croyle came in and played well so they keep him as the starter that is totally different than benching your starting QB at 3-1.

Titty Meat
10-11-2010, 12:12 AM
I'll bet Cassel isn't back next year.

keg in kc
10-11-2010, 04:42 AM
This might be a valid point to make if any wide receiver had done anything this season. Bowe is on pace to finish the year with 36 catches. Think about that for a second. 36. That's the guy who's supposed to be your number 1. Chambers only has 7 catches. Moeaki's the only player even close to on target for what he should have at his position.

All of which means one of three things: the quarterback is the issue, the #1/#2 receivers are the issue, or "all of the above". Whatever the answer, whether it's the QB or the starting receivers, it's going to kill the numbers for your #3. Who happens to himself be a rookie who's getting most of his touches out of the backfield, leading one to again wonder about the QB, since nobody except backs or tight ends are catching passes.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2010, 05:44 AM
This might be a valid point to make if any wide receiver had done anything this season. Bowe is on pace to finish the year with 36 catches. Think about that for a second. 36. That's the guy who's supposed to be your number 1. Chambers only has 7 catches. Moeaki's the only player even close to on target for what he should have at his position.

All of which means one of three things: the quarterback is the issue, the #1/#2 receivers are the issue, or "all of the above". Whatever the answer, whether it's the QB or the starting receivers, it's going to kill the numbers for your #3. Who happens to himself be a rookie who's getting most of his touches out of the backfield, leading one to again wonder about the QB, since nobody except backs or tight ends are catching passes.

Watching the difference between the Colts Wr's and the Chiefs WR's was night and day...

I couldnt believe how quick, sharp and fast they were. They were in and out of their cuts 10 times faster than ours wr's. I promise you if we had Manning, Bowe and Chambers would have 2 or 3 new assholes each game. Manning would destroy their souls and eat their children... He wouldnt stand for the lazy crap they pull running routes...

Bowe made Randy Moss look like he cared yesterday....

keg in kc
10-11-2010, 05:48 AM
That's hard to fathom on a team led by a temperamental former WR coach.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2010, 05:56 AM

I agree.. We were stunned to say the least. There were several times that we sit there and :eek: wondering where the Hell is our shit QB going to go with the ball... They were cheating a safety over on Bowe all afternoon. Chambers was shutdown 1 on 1.

I figured as slow as this defense was, we would take more shots on screens and drag routes, like we did in the SF game...

There were alot of deeper patterns down the field yesterday... 15-30 yards downfield. I did think that Cassel had a very few opportunies yesterday, but with the coverage, there would of been alot of INTS...

Very disappointed in the game plan, leaving 10-13 points on the field of play.... Much different game if you dont onside kick, go for it on 4th and god forbid have Bowe fucking catch a very catchable TD pass for a #1 WR in the NFL.

Simply Red
10-11-2010, 06:42 AM

this, and i'm not sure why.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-11-2010, 06:51 AM

I don't think the problem is Bowe or Chambers effort. Aside from Bowe's lack of concentration, the issue isn't their effort.

The issue is that Chambers and Bowe are both the same guy. They are both big physical receivers that will go up for a contested ball.... which is good since the reality is that they are slower guys that don't have 'quickness' in and out of breaks. So, they don't get 'wide open'.

A guy like that is great to have as a second or third WR. They are both hard to bring down once they get the ball in their hands.

But, to have them be the #1 option just doesn't cut it in the passing game.

They are great in the run game. Both are physical downfield blockers. And, the reality is that you can't fix everything in one, or even two offseasons. The Chiefs are playing to their strengths as much as possible.

But, the Chiefs MUST....yes, MUST get some guys that are a little quicker.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-11-2010, 06:53 AM
Cassel stares down one WR, and 95% of the time its not one thats more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage.

The Colts played very disciplined ball yesterday. Cassel tried looking off the WR's several times. I noticed it more in this game than in any other. The secondary just didn't bite.

I was suprised given the youth..... but, I am sure they never felt 'uncomfortable'.... or like they could lose the game. They never felt they 'had' to make a play.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-11-2010, 06:55 AM

The Chiefs are primarily a running team and will spread the ball around. Bowe doesn't do anything to help his chances of getting catches when he drops sure TD's and the play following it.

keg in kc
10-11-2010, 07:07 AM
The Chiefs are primarily a running team and will spread the ball around. Bowe doesn't do anything to help his chances of getting catches when he drops sure TD's and the play following it.Circular logic which takes us right back to the question of why the chiefs are a running team, because they want to be or because they have to be, because of the QBs and receivers.

MahiMike
10-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Could it be he's too short to throw to down field? It's difficult to get the correct angle on the man behind the coverage unless he's got 5 yards behind him or he's tall enough to reach up and out jump the defender. Short guys are good for the quick slants.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Circular logic which takes us right back to the question of why the chiefs are a running team, because they want to be or because they have to be, because of the QBs and receivers.

I think it is because the WR's are better built to block than to catch...

Look at the game book.

Bowe was targeted 8 times. He came up with four catches...two easy drops.

Look at Moeaki. He was targeted 4 times, and had four catches.

Look at Chambers, targeted 3 times, had two catches, and one drop that was very close to a catch.

Bowe gets more chances than anyone on the offense and does the least with them.

bobbything
10-11-2010, 08:13 AM
He has literally shown NOTHING of significance. He just catches shit out of the backfield.
I'll give him some leeway having only played in 4 games thus far. The only other rookie that's shown to be worth a damn this year is Moeaki.

Though, he made a nice move and catch on one of Indy's LB's yesterday, and made one other tough catch that was high (shocking, I know). It looks like the coaching staff is content with bringing him out of the backfield as a safety valve most of the time though.

It doesn't look like to me he's getting good matchups against linebackers. I haven't been watching him too intently though, so I don't know if he's just not getting open, if it's a coaching thing, or if Cassel just sucks and can't get him the ball. It's probably a combination of everything.

I don't see, though, how anyone could expect him to be a great receiver at his size. Even at the slot. Seems to me like he'd be much more productive on reverses, screens, and designed plays out of the backfield against slower linebackers. But, it looks like the coaching staff disagrees.

BigMeatballDave
10-11-2010, 08:16 AM

I just cannot see that scenario playing itself out.This is extremely frustrating. They have all watched Brady play. They know what good QB play looks like. How long will they let this go on?

Chiefnj2
10-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Rookie receivers usually get off to a slow start. It's not like the kid can focus on just being a slot receiver. He's a returner, wildcat, RB, and receiver. That's a lot for a young player to digest.

Messier
10-11-2010, 08:35 AM
I think someone mentioned awhile back that McCluster made a nice sideline grab, dragging his feet, on the play that was called back for holding. GoChiefs wanted a WR play, that qualifies.

MahiMike
10-11-2010, 09:09 AM
I have an ass tumor. The doctor says there's a good chance that treatment of the ass tumor is going to fail. That really puts me in a pickle, I know.

I think the right decision is to just leave the tumor alone and hope it improves.

Come again?:eek:

Hammock Parties
10-18-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm seriously beginning to hate this little dreadlocked hobbit.

He creates the most exciting 5-yard gains in NFL history.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 11:18 AM
McCluster is a gadget player and for him to really bring what he has the rest of the offense has to be clicking.

LaChapelle
10-18-2010, 11:22 AM
With your history of calling out players and foes soon to be played
I love this thread :thumb:
:wink:

Hammock Parties
10-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Let me go ahead and call out Andy Studebaker too, then.

His pass rush blows. It's pretty obvious why he isn't starting, bullshit preseason sacks or not.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 11:25 AM

His pass rush blows. It's pretty obvious why he isn't starting, bullshit preseason sacks or not.

Studebaker is the one who looks like the preseason myth at the moment. I think McCluster is a solid player that can do a lot of things it's just in this offense with Matt Cassel it limits his chances.

Deberg_1990
10-18-2010, 11:28 AM

He made an excellent 1 handed tackle of Arian Foster yesterday. But thats just one play....

Titty Meat
10-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Can we call out JAvier Arenas? His returns have sucked and he couldn't cover Owen Daniels worth a shit.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Can we call out JAvier Arenas? His returns have sucked and he couldn't cover Owen Daniels worth a shit.

He's 5'8 190lbs, him getting beat by Owen Daniels is on the coaching not him. He's not big enough to cover a TE, that was just a coaching error asking him to do that.

OnTheWarpath15
10-18-2010, 12:11 PM
He's 5'8 190lbs, him getting beat by Owen Daniels is on the coaching not him. He's not big enough to cover a TE, that was just a coaching error asking him to do that.

And ultimately, a play of his had just as much to do with the outcome as any other.

3rd and 10, Texans in FG range, and Arenas lets Daniels drag him for 5 yards, giving Houston a 1st down and more cracks at the EZ.

Not that I think he would have seized the opportunity, but it would have been nice to see Cassel get a chance with time on the clock in a tie game.

Titty Meat
10-18-2010, 12:22 PM
And ultimately, a play of his had just as much to do with the outcome as any other.

3rd and 10, Texans in FG range, and Arenas lets Daniels drag him for 5 yards, giving Houston a 1st down and more cracks at the EZ.

Not that I think he would have seized the opportunity, but it would have been nice to see Cassel get a chance with time on the clock in a tie game.

Yea dude it was a WTF moment IMO. And if his size is going to create so many mismatches why in the fuck do you draft him in the 2nd round? I'm sorry but that is just a bad pick. period.

philfree
10-18-2010, 12:31 PM
McCluster has 499 total yards. At this rate he'll have over 1500 total yards at the end of the season. Is that good for a multi purpose weapon? :shrug:

I suspect he'll have his break out game before to long.

PhilFree:arrow:

loochy
10-18-2010, 12:33 PM

Yes.

beach tribe
10-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Believe it or not, Arenas is probably going to unseat Carr as early as next season.
Hopefully Carr is as good in the slot. No reason for JA to be covering a guy that size though.

Amnorix
10-18-2010, 12:46 PM

That fucking sucks.

Don't buy any of his fucking t-shirts.

First, your language and overall demeanor, not just in this thread but in every thread, reminds me of a 16 year old. Calm down.

Second, most WRs in the NFL aren't very good their rookie years at being WR. The leap from college to pros is a far bigger leap for WRs than nearly any other position on the field except quarterback.

1st round - Demarius Thomas (Donx): 14 catches for 147 yards

1st round - Dez Bryant ('boys): 18 catches for 211 yards

2nd round -- Arrelious Benn (Bucs): 6 catches for 67 yards

2nd round -- Golden Tate (Seahags): 12 catches for 142 yards

3rd round -- Brandon LaFell (Panthers): 5 catches for 83 yards

3rd round - Damian Williams (Titans): 2 catches for 30 yards

3rd round -- Emmanuel Sanders (Steelers): 2 catches for 37 yards

So calm down.

beach tribe
10-18-2010, 12:46 PM

He's 5'9" 197. In other words, the same size as B Flo.
He's a starting caliber corner in his rookie season.
I still can't believe that we have exceeded everyones expectations, and as soon as we lose a game that basically everyone had marked as a loss, people start slinging shit. Things are Always going to happen in a loss that can be pointed to, and said here's why. Otherwise, we wouldn't have lost.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2010, 12:53 PM
First, your language and overall demeanor, not just in this thread but in every thread, reminds me of a 16 year old. Calm down.

Second, most WRs in the NFL aren't very good their rookie years at being WR. The leap from college to pros is a far bigger leap for WRs than nearly any other position on the field except quarterback.

So calm down.

Hey, that's cool.

We wouldn't want any of Pioli's picks to shock us or anything. He certainly doesn't need anyone he drafts to set the bar for greatness.

Three7s
10-18-2010, 01:00 PM
You're one hell of a troll, GoChiefs. You think calling out players and saying they suck for not contributing enough on a Chiefs forum really matters? All I see is someone trying to get a rise out of the fans. The only player that I'll publicly hate on is Cassel because he's, supposedly, the leader of the team. I'm not going to hate on someone who's merely a contributor, and a rookie at that.

You're complaining that he hasn't done anything as a wide-receiver. Have you ever thought that he might not always be in the game? He does return kicks you know. Or maybe he's not designed to blow by guys, maybe he's meant as a decoy, WHICH EVERYONE WAS LOVING ABOUT HIM WHEN WE DRAFTED HIM!

If you want to hate on McCluster, then you'd better hate on Jones, Chambers, and Berry, because their contributions have been equal to less than McCluster.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Have you ever thought that he might not always be in the game? He does return kicks you know.

That's certainly an argument in his favor.

Or maybe he's not designed to blow by guys, maybe he's meant as a decoy, WHICH EVERYONE WAS LOVING ABOUT HIM WHEN WE DRAFTED HIM!

Oh,wow! That'd be great! A second round pick who's primary role is as a decoy. LOVING THAT!!!

Kris Wilson 2.0.

Titty Meat
10-18-2010, 01:20 PM

So calm down.

Don't listen to GoChiefs he like Athan is a talentless hack who has to stir the pot so their shitty magazines will sell.

Three7s
10-18-2010, 01:25 PM
That's certainly an argument in his favor.

Oh,wow! That'd be great! A second round pick who's primary role is as a decoy. LOVING THAT!!!

Kris Wilson 2.0.
I'm not saying that's his primary role, just the design of the play.......

Also, assuming you caught that 42 yard TD reception by Bowe, did you like McCluster keeping the defender from getting to Bowe? He may not have laid him out, but he did what you ask a receiver to do. He can catch and he can block. We'll see how much his role expands from here on, but it's silly to hate him for "lack of production".

Hammock Parties
10-18-2010, 01:27 PM
So we should love him for lack of production, or what?

Titty Meat
10-18-2010, 01:28 PM

Am just posted all the WR's from this draft class stats moron.

Three7s
10-18-2010, 01:33 PM
No, I'm saying you should hate on everyone else who sucks and not single anyone out. If you're gonna make a thread about McCluster, please make a thread about how Chambers doesn't care anymore, since he has his contract!

Hammock Parties
10-18-2010, 01:35 PM
No, I'm saying you should hate on everyone else who sucks and not single anyone out. If you're gonna make a thread about McCluster, please make a thread about how Chambers doesn't care anymore, since he has his contract!

We didn't spend a pick on Chambers in lieu of someone else.

Amnorix
10-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Don't listen to GoChiefs he like Athan is a talentless hack who has to stir the pot so their shitty magazines will sell.

Why would anyone pay for "analysis" that isn't any better than what you can get on here for free?

Coogs
10-18-2010, 01:56 PM
McCluster got the start as the 2nd WR in place of Chambers. Was that threat of McCluster's speed part of the reason we saw Bowe running free a coincidence? Maybe too early to tell, but Bowe sure seemed to have a lot more space to operate in as opposed to other games.

Marcellus
10-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Hey, that's cool.

We wouldn't want any of Pioli's picks to shock us or anything. He certainly doesn't need anyone he drafts to set the bar for greatness.

Moeaki would like a word with you.

Marcellus
10-18-2010, 02:36 PM
You're one hell of a troll, GoChiefs. You think calling out players and saying they suck for not contributing enough on a Chiefs forum really matters? All I see is someone trying to get a rise out of the fans. The only player that I'll publicly hate on is Cassel because he's, supposedly, the leader of the team. I'm not going to hate on someone who's merely a contributor, and a rookie at that.

You're complaining that he hasn't done anything as a wide-receiver. Have you ever thought that he might not always be in the game? He does return kicks you know. Or maybe he's not designed to blow by guys, maybe he's meant as a decoy, WHICH EVERYONE WAS LOVING ABOUT HIM WHEN WE DRAFTED HIM!

If you want to hate on McCluster, then you'd better hate on Jones, Chambers, and Berry, because their contributions have been equal to less than McCluster.

I get your point except Jones has been very good. The only reason he gets shit is taking carries from Charles.

Mecca
10-18-2010, 02:38 PM
McCluster got the start as the 2nd WR in place of Chambers. Was that threat of McCluster's speed part of the reason we saw Bowe running free a coincidence? Maybe too early to tell, but Bowe sure seemed to have a lot more space to operate in as opposed to other games.

I think it has more to do with Houston's shithole secondary.

Titty Meat
10-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Why would anyone pay for "analysis" that isn't any better than what you can get on here for free?

Touche

vailpass
10-18-2010, 02:47 PM

N00b calling GC a troll. LMAO Little does he know this is the greatly improved version of GC.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Moeaki would like a word with you.

Moeaki has a long way to go. And he disappeared against the Texans.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2010, 05:28 PM

That's epic spin, man. Really.

chiefzilla1501
10-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Moeaki has a long way to go. And he disappeared against the Texans.

Really?

He's outproducing most rookie Wide Receivers and outproducing Jermaine Gresham, who was a consensus first round pick. I would imagine he's clubbing the shit out of maybe all rookie Tight Ends.

It's looking like a very good pick. Don't try to spin this like this is a pick we're waiting out. But I guess the "he didn't play lights out for one game" defense is passable.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2010, 10:02 PM
We're still waiting it out because no one knows if he can stay healthy.

Three7s
10-18-2010, 10:05 PM
I get your point except Jones has been very good. The only reason he gets shit is taking carries from Charles.
I was probably wrong to put in Jones, he's been pretty solid.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2010, 05:38 PM
I'll have a crow appetizer. Not ready for main course.

FAX
10-24-2010, 05:56 PM
I'll have a crow appetizer. Not ready for main course.

He was a factor today, no question about it.

I've been leaning toward McSkepticism, as well, Mr. GoghChiefs. But, in this game, he demonstrated some real versatility and was the kind of multi-dimensional threat the coaching staff has probably had in mind for him all along. He may be a tiny, little bastard, but he's like an ant. He can probably lift 200 times his own weight in sugar cubes.

It's a tough situation, though. I mean, who do you want in the backfield running the ball? Jones is money. Charles is averaging 40 yards a carry. And, now McCluster is showing some ability. Not to mention Battle who has talent, as well. Heck, our fullback made a key play today.

We're deep at running back. Again.

FAX

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-24-2010, 06:00 PM
McCluster is having a better year than Spiller...

Hammock Parties
10-24-2010, 06:00 PM
I think what I was most impressed with today was his ability to hold onto the ball and make plays in tight spaces.

The game isn't too big for him.

I still don't like him taking carries from Charles.

keg in kc
10-24-2010, 06:01 PM
The interesting thing to me was Gannon repeatedly saying that McCluster is the best route runner on the team. I wonder if that's true.

Early in the game, I was also wondering if somebody was orchestrating a story, by having McCluster start in the backfield, run the ball, and then be talked about the entire game. It was almost like it was planned out, but I can't imagine that CBS and the Chiefs would coordinate like that.

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2010, 06:04 PM
I still don't like him taking carries from Charles.It was only 4 carries. He had 28 yards, so I dont really care.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Weis was orchestrating focus on McCluster.

By handing him the ball early, when he motioned into the backfield later in the game, it got attention, thereby distracting the defense from other players.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2010, 06:05 PM
It was only 4 carries. He had 28 yards, so I dont really care.

4 carries is 4 chances for Charles to take one to the house.

Saul Good
10-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Weis was orchestrating focus on McCluster.

By handing him the ball early, when he motioned into the backfield later in the game, it got attention, thereby distracting the defense from other players.

Didn't you just accuse another poster of epic spin when he said the same thing about 10 posts ago?

Hammock Parties
10-24-2010, 06:23 PM
No. Crediting McCluster for Bowe's game is silly. He doesn't affect a defense like that.

Micjones
10-24-2010, 06:27 PM
The kid DEFINITELY needs to see more offensive opportunities.
He's a threat to score from anywhere on the field like Charles.

GloryDayz
10-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Well, I'm OK with McCluster for now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Are you STILL ragging this guy's ass? Really?

Marcellus
10-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Moeaki 3 catches 42 yards

DMC 5 catches 41 yards 4 rushes 28 yards

Arenas - Forced fumble on ST

Berry - forced fumble and a pick

So 8 catches for 83 yards, 28 rushing yards (7 yard average) , 2 forced fumbles and pick from the rookie class in this game.

Not too shabby.

Mr. Laz
10-24-2010, 07:21 PM
I hope next year DMC really concentrates on the receiver position. We have running backs, i want McCluster loose in the secondary.

Mr. Laz
10-24-2010, 07:22 PM

So 8 catches for 83 yards, 28 rushing yards (7 yard average) , 2 forced fumbles and pick from the rookie class in this game.

Not too shabby.
Pioli is a shitty drafter /draftubator

keg in kc
10-24-2010, 07:23 PM

Not too shabby.Berry also had a really good play in the end zone where he batted a TD pass down.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2010, 07:23 PM
I'd rather see more McCluster on returns, less at RB.

Simply Red
10-24-2010, 07:24 PM
McCluster is dope, not only am i buying that tee, i'm buying his dope ass sunglasses too, AND wearing them, dark-time.

chiefzilla1501
10-24-2010, 07:24 PM
I hope next year DMC really concentrates on the receiver position. We have running backs, i want McCluster loose in the secondary.

I like the idea of the coaching staff mixing it up.

Who cares if he takes away carries from Charles? The point is to keep the defense guessing. If you establish McCluster as a credible running thread, there are a million things you can do. If the defense heavies up against the pass, you motion him into a run play. If the defense heavies up against the run, you shift him to the slot. And on any play where he's motioning from the slot to the other side of the field, you immediately get the defense second-guessing about whether it's a run.

His role is to be a matchup nightmare, so I think it's great that he's playing several roles.

Simply Red
10-24-2010, 07:25 PM
I'd rather see more McCluster on returns, less at RB.

weird.

Mecca?

Hammock Parties
10-24-2010, 07:25 PM
McCluster is dope, not only am i buying that tee, i'm buying his dope ass sunglasses too, AND wearing them, dark-time.

If Kris McWilson becomes legit, I'll do the same, and we can be the Ambiguously Gay Dexter McDuo at the next Arrowhead meeting.

keg in kc
10-24-2010, 07:26 PM
There wouldn't be anything ambiguous about the two of you.

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2010, 07:26 PM
4 carries is 4 chances for Charles to take one to the house.I get that. In case you werent aware, Dex is also fast, and capable of 'taking one to the house'. I'm cool with him getting 3-5 carries a game.

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2010, 07:29 PM
I'd rather see more McCluster on returns, less at RB.Gay

Simply Red
10-24-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm about to break into some Lindt's dark, again, Keg. So shove it!:D

chiefzilla1501
10-24-2010, 07:30 PM
If Kris McWilson becomes legit, I'll do the same, and we can be the Ambiguously Gay Dexter McDuo at the next Arrowhead meeting.

Your still comparing McCluster to Kris Wilson based on what we've seen is unambiguously gay at best.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Gay

I think he's more of a threat at returner than Arenas.

Simply Red
10-24-2010, 07:32 PM
ehh, not sure, he looked tired at Indy. for some reason, slower even.

Mr. Laz
10-24-2010, 07:32 PM
I like the idea of the coaching staff mixing it up.

Who cares if he takes away carries from Charles? The point is to keep the defense guessing. If you establish McCluster as a credible running thread, there are a million things you can do. If the defense heavies up against the pass, you motion him into a run play. If the defense heavies up against the run, you shift him to the slot. And on any play where he's motioning from the slot to the other side of the field, you immediately get the defense second-guessing about whether it's a run.

His role is to be a matchup nightmare, so I think it's great that he's playing several roles.
did i say he couldn't do that other stuff?

making him a legit threat at receiver means that when he's on the field with another running back it's even a bigger problem. Also i want him to be able to lineup in the slot and just run routes. He is too quick for a safety or linebacker so he would demand the defense be in the nickle whenever he is in the game regardless of where he's lined up.

RedThat
10-24-2010, 07:33 PM
I'd like to see him more on reverse plays. I think he could be really effective there.

Also, I was impressed w/ one of his plays today. He showed some good fortitude by giving second effort. Love that.

crossbow
10-24-2010, 07:33 PM

Not too shabby.

Nicely stated.

They may not have another draft like this one again but for now this is shamefully impressive. The sick part of all this is that they aren't even done with building the team yet. Even if they end up like the Marty years where he couldn't get high picks, it sure looks like they are getting the most out of rounds 2 through 5. These are the rounds that used to kill them. They obviously have a plan and are sticking to it.

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2010, 07:39 PM
I think he's more of a threat at returner than Arenas.I dont disagree with this. However, if you want him to stay healthy, why would you want him returning kicks?