PDA

View Full Version : Life I'm too good to hang out with you all any more.

Rain Man
10-11-2010, 09:23 AM
I went to the airport yesterday, and I discovered that I'm important. Apparently I have achieved some sort of higher status on an airline, which I didn't know about until yesterday. I got a complimentary upgrade (to the stretch seat, not first class), got my luggage fee waived, and got free TV on the flight.

I never really thought before about how good I am, but this experience opened my eyes. I'm a big shot. I rule. You all have to pay $25 to bring a bag aboard a magical flying machine, but me? Pssh. They just wave me aboard.

I am a king. I'm the kind of guy who gets 'handled'. Who gets steered to the better part of the airplane. I may not be able to hang out with you riffraff any more, because I need to start socializing with all of the traveling salesmen who are now my friends.

58-4ever
10-11-2010, 09:26 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QI58wj4b4g0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QI58wj4b4g0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

JohnnyV13
10-11-2010, 09:29 AM
I went to the airport yesterday, and I discovered that I'm important. Apparently I have achieved some sort of higher status on an airline, which I didn't know about until yesterday. I got a complimentary upgrade (to the stretch seat, not first class), got my luggage fee waived, and got free TV on the flight.

I never really thought before about how good I am, but this experience opened my eyes. I'm a big shot. I rule. You all have to pay $25 to bring a bag aboard a magical flying machine, but me? Pssh. They just wave me aboard.

I am a king. I'm the kind of guy who gets 'handled'. Who gets steered to the better part of the airplane. I may not be able to hang out with you riffraff any more, because I need to start socializing with all of the traveling salesmen who are now my friends.

U do realize, that us first class passengers look down on you. I mean really, you dont count until you're in the front of the plane.

DaFace
10-11-2010, 09:31 AM
U do realize, that us first class passengers look down on you. I mean really, you dont count until you're in the front of the plane.

You do realize that those of us with private jets look down on you. I mean really, you don't count until you're flying on a jet with your name on the side.

Donger

Welcome to the club, Rain Man. By the way, please note that you may now utilize the "Premiere/First Class" line at security. No more mingling with the vulgar masses.

Rain Man

First class is just the old money and the terrorists. Nobody invites first class to parties. Stretch seating is where the real action is.

pr_capone
10-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Now you don't have to threaten to kick peoples asses when they recline their seat onto your lap.

BONUS!

Donger
10-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Oh, and I presume that you've merely made the first level of elite status with that airline? If so, please note that there is another level. A more elite level. With more perks.

JohnnyV13
10-11-2010, 09:34 AM
You do realize that those of us with private jets look down on you. I mean really, you don't count until you're flying on a jet with your name on the side.

Of course you do. People with private jets are stuck up snobs that I hope Obama sticks it to. Of course, taxing hard working go getters like me would destroy this country.

Alton deFlat
10-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Yep, that Amish Airlines is the bomb.

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_sep2003/AmishAirlines.jpg

patteeu
10-11-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm too good to hang out with you all any more.

I've been too good for them for years now. Welcome to the club. ;)

MIAdragon
10-11-2010, 09:39 AM

Meh, come talk to me when you can teleport

Rain Man
10-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Oh, and I presume that you've merely made the first level of elite status with that airline? If so, please note that there is another level. A more elite level. With more perks.

What? I can do even better? Is there a level where I can fly the plane during level stretches? Because I would be very interested in that.

1ChiefsDan
Welcome to the club, Rain Man. By the way, please note that you may now utilize the "Premiere/First Class" line at security. No more mingling with the vulgar masses.This. Makes it so much easier getting through security.

MIAdragon
Of course you do. People with private jets are stuck up snobs that I hope Obama sticks it to. Of course, taxing hard working go getters like me would destroy this country.

:facepalm:

Rain Man
10-11-2010, 09:41 AM
This. Makes it so much easier getting through security.

How do they know I'm premier? Can they just tell by my regal bearing, or is there some secret masonic code on my ticket?

Donger
10-11-2010, 09:42 AM
What? I can do even better? Is there a level where I can fly the plane during level stretches? Because I would be very interested in that.

Yes, there are two levels of elite status. However, I have never tried to convince them to allow me to fly the aircraft. I'll be getting on one today, so I'll attempt to do what you describe.

Donger
10-11-2010, 09:44 AM
How do they know I'm premier? Can they just tell by my regal bearing, or is there some secret masonic code on my ticket?

Your paltry elite status will be shown on your boarding pass. Please show it to the person who guards the entryway from the cretins who like to ask, "Why does HE get to go in that line!!!?"

Rain Man
10-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Wow. Thanks for the info. My life has fundamentally changed. 10/10/10 is the start of a whole new era of existence.

At the top level, can I pick two people from coach and make them fight each other? And do I have my pick of coach women? How many miles for that stuff?

Donger
10-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Wow. Thanks for the info. My life has fundamentally changed. 10/10/10 is the start of a whole new era of existence.

At the top level, can I pick two people from coach and make them fight each other? And do I have my pick of coach women? How many miles for that stuff?

No, those are not examples of the additional perks. You do get additional bonus miles and free drinks. A mere additional 10,000 miles flown.

Rain Man
10-11-2010, 09:51 AM
No, those are not examples of the additional perks. You do get additional bonus miles and free drinks. A mere additional 10,000 miles flown.

I bet you can get them on Singapore Air. They're really into customer service there.

Donger
10-11-2010, 10:01 AM
I bet you can get them on Singapore Air. They're really into customer service there.

And on Quantas, they give you each a dingo or wombat to cuddle during the flight. Unfortunately, neither have operations at DEN.

boogblaster
10-11-2010, 11:18 AM
will they let you fly upside down .. helps put blood bak to your brain .. then you can come bak and socialize wift da rest of us again ..

Saccopoo
10-11-2010, 11:23 AM

You do realize that us that don't have to fly, that people actually come to us versus us to them look down on you. I mean, you don't really count if you have to board a plane, any plane, and actually have to fly somewhere to see someone.

JohnnyV13
10-11-2010, 12:19 PM
You do realize that us that don't have to fly, that people actually come to us versus us to them look down on you. I mean, you don't really count if you have to board a plane, any plane, and actually have to fly somewhere to see someone.

You actually let people come see you? Dang, you're really low rent. When you have real status, people just fall to their knees, sing your praises, swear to obey your will, and martyr themselves on your behalf, without you ever saying or doing a thing.