PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs A couple stats.

Direckshun
10-12-2010, 11:37 PM
At only 3, no team in the NFL has allowed fewer sacks than the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Chiefs are 4th in the NFL in opponent's YPC on the ground: 3.46.

The Chiefs are 10th in opponents' YPA in the air: 6.46.

This, by the way, after we've played the Colts.

Bane
10-12-2010, 11:40 PM
I like the looks of that,and I hope they keep it up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buns
10-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Love it, but any stat that paints the QB situation in pretty colors is coming under massive scrut

ClevelandBronco
10-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Love it, but any stat that paints the QB situation in pretty colors is coming under massive scrut

Somebody call 9-1-1.

Taco John
10-12-2010, 11:54 PM
50% of the teams you've played have been Cleveland and San Francisco. And add another 10% to the softness of that stat if you consider that you're one of the few teams to have a bye at this point.

aturnis
10-13-2010, 12:39 AM
50% of the teams you've played have been Cleveland and San Francisco. And add another 10% to the softness of that stat if you consider that you're one of the few teams to have a bye at this point.

These aren't total's(with exception of the sacks) they're per attempt. # of games isn't that big of a factor at all. Plus the Niners have the #11 passing offense.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2010, 12:47 AM

Keep grasping at straws.

We're 3-1 and gave Peyton Manning all he could handle in his own dome.

We're legit.

BIG_DADDY
10-13-2010, 12:51 AM

Really, that's what your rolling with? ROFL

Rausch
10-13-2010, 12:51 AM

I'm sure they'll look at that when they award playoff spots.

I mean, that HAS to be one of the determining factors...

Hammock Parties
10-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Really, that's what your rolling with? ROFL

Taco is now a big fan of offensive stats. He's turning into a Chiefs fan, Vermeil era.

Running scoreboard smack against us is pretty cute when we've got nearly 4 touchdowns worth of offensive production on the scoreboard ahead of you. Wanna switch to points per game? We've got you there too.

Rausch
10-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Taco is now a big fan of offensive stats. He's turning into a Chiefs fan, Vermeil era.

Has to.

Their defense is squat and the passing game is balls out impressive...

Taco John
10-13-2010, 01:02 AM
Keep grasping at straws.

We're legit.

Yeah. All Peyton Manning could handle was three field goals. Nice.

Smed1065
10-13-2010, 01:05 AM
At only 3, no team in the NFL has allowed fewer sacks than the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Chiefs are 4th in the NFL in opponent's YPC on the ground: 3.46.

This, by the way, after we've played the Colts.

Just had to quote for that cleveonco.

It was per attempt, carry, etc.

Dumbass.

Not the number of games or plays. .

Hammock Parties
10-13-2010, 01:06 AM

He had a 65.0 QB rating.

His defense had to bail his ass out.

How'd he do against you guys? 325 yards and 3 TDs? In YOUR house?

Rausch
10-13-2010, 01:08 AM

Well, it's not up to par considering the decades of ass poundings you surrendered by 30 pts or more, but yeah, we lost...

Taco John
10-13-2010, 01:08 AM
He had a 65.0 QB rating.

His defense had to bail his ass out.

How'd he do against you guys? 325 yards and 3 TDs? In YOUR house?

He did the same as he did against you guys: he won.

Direckshun
10-13-2010, 01:10 AM
He did the same as he did against you guys: he won.

Sooooo, the stats matter or they don't matter? I'm confused.

Taco John
10-13-2010, 01:10 AM
My goodness fellas... What do we have here. I might have to spend more time in this forum. It got boring talking smack to a bunch of wet noodles who would take it. You guys are all fresh and crispy, like you still need to go into the stew.

...and you will. Oh, yes. You will. :evil:

Good to see the Chiefs with some kick in them again. It'll be interesting to see how long this "upward swing" cycle lasts.

Taco John
10-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Sooooo, the stats matter or they don't matter? I'm confused.

Of course you're confused. You're used to running away from arguments.

RustShack
10-13-2010, 01:14 AM
If Cassel gets hurt and Croyle doesn't, Chiefs are a Super Bowl team.

Smed1065
10-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Lets see last year, when you talked shit, you got shit. This year you are shit and are hoping you can make us shit.

LOL

Simple person, glad you did not waste a human brain.

Taco John
10-13-2010, 01:15 AM

ROFL

So help me out here guys. Who's the newbie?

Taco John
10-13-2010, 01:18 AM
Lets see last year, when you talked shit, you got shit. This year you are shit and are hoping you can make us shit.

LOL

Simple person, glad you did not waste a human brain.

I haven't talked scarcely any garbage to you guys since Herm was first hired out of respect for my friends here. I might have thrown a friendly barb in now and again for old times sakes. But it was like talking smack at the funeral of an Irish molester around this place for years once Herm was hired and it didn't seem right to pile on with everybody else here.

Thig Lyfe
10-13-2010, 01:20 AM

Your mom loves my massive scrut.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2010, 01:22 AM
My goodness fellas... What do we have here. I might have to spend more time in this forum. It got boring talking smack to a bunch of wet noodles who would take it. You guys are all fresh and crispy, like you still need to go into the stew.

...and you will. Oh, yes. You will. :evil:

Good to see the Chiefs with some kick in them again. It'll be interesting to see how long this "upward swing" cycle lasts.

Bring it on.

We've missed it. :#

Chiefs=Champions
10-13-2010, 01:23 AM
I haven't talked scarcely any garbage to you guys since Herm was first hired out of respect for my friends here. I might have thrown a friendly barb in now and again for old times sakes. But it was like talking smack at the funeral of an Irish molester around this place for years once Herm was hired and it didn't seem right to pile on with everybody else here.

I guess were just defending ourselves now that Herm is gone and yours is firmly entrenched..

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/way-things-should-be/josh%20mcdaniels%20hate.jpg

Direckshun
10-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Of course you're confused. You're used to running away from arguments.

I'm twisting in the wind here, TJ.

Here I was, being instructed by yourself (thanks for that, by the way), that all our stats mean jack because the effort we put forth was so pitiful.

Then I sense the implication by a fellow with a screen name that, dare I say, bears a striking resemblence to yours (and I will be the FIRST to report their ass if someone's hijacked your CP account) that comparing our pitiful effort against what one might assume to be your superior effort is pointless because we both lost and therefore should toss all stats out the window.

I'm seriously hoping that you could relieve my brain of the cognitive dissonance that accepting your positions necessitates. Save me from myself, TJ.

Taco John
10-13-2010, 01:33 AM

Here I was, being instructed by yourself (thanks for that, by the way), that all our stats mean jack because the effort we put forth was so pitiful.

Then I sense the implication by a fellow with a screen name that, dare I say, bears a striking resemblence to yours (and I will be the FIRST to report their ass if someone's hijacked your CP account) that comparing our pitiful effort against what one might assume to be your superior effort is pointless because we both lost and therefore should toss all stats out the window.

I'm seriously hoping that you could relieve my brain of the cognitive dissonance that accepting your positions necessitates. Save me from myself, TJ.

Your thread is about stats. Fifty percent of the teams you've played are - you know what...

I don't want to take anything away from you guys. I could go on to tell you about your cream puff schedule. I could go on about how you don't face the Ravens or the Jets while we're stuck with these league leaders and you get bottom dwellers like Cleveland and Buffalo instead. I could go on about how meaningless your stats are right now given who you've played to date, plus the bye you had. But it doesn't matter. You guys "own" the division right now, even with your scoring problems. You deserve to enjoy it and the optimism that comes with it. You guys have earned your schedule, and should enjoy it. And I'll enjoy that it'll probably mean more years with Cassel on your roster and that the rivalry our teams once had will finally be worth a damn again (and especially enjoy that so many people here will be quick to jump on the bandwagon of a quarterback who looks like he has half a pulse and ride the spinning Cassel wheels for all it's worth).

And we'll both enjoy the fact that San Diego is once again turning into the powder puff nerfballs who can't win a game on the road.

BIG_DADDY
10-13-2010, 01:36 AM

At least he is allowed to post his opinion here no matter how weak it is at times. I got booted from his websight years ago for posting that Denver was dog killing country. He said it was never intentional but it happened right after I posted that and I tried 3 times to get back on at Taco's request and I think you might be able to guess where we are today.

Taco John
10-13-2010, 01:40 AM
At least he is allowed to post his opinion here no matter how weak it is at times. I got booted from his websight years ago for posting that Denver was dog killing country. He said it was never intentional but it happened right after I posted that and I tried 3 times to get back on at Taco's request and I think you might be able to guess where we are today.

The only Big Daddy we have registered on the forum has an open account, but hasn't posted since October 10, 2005 - a day after we beat the Redskins, and the Chiefs had a bye. Here is the last post we have from that account:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=788042#post788042

BIG_DADDY
10-13-2010, 01:42 AM
The only Big Daddy we have registered on the forum has an open account, but hasn't posted since October 10, 2005 - a day after we beat the Redskins, and the Chiefs had a bye. Here is the last post we have from that account:

Dude, don't pretend we haven't went down this road.

BIG_DADDY
10-13-2010, 01:44 AM

Still can't log in, shocking.

Taco John
10-13-2010, 01:45 AM
Dude, don't pretend we haven't went down this road.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I simply don't have the memory for remembering every moderating scuffle that has happened over the last 10 years. All I know is that your account is open and active currently, and waiting for you to log into it, rather than complain that you can't.

Direckshun
10-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Your thread is about stats. Fifty percent of the teams you've played are - you know what...

I don't want to take anything away from you guys. I could go on to tell you about your cream puff schedule. I could go on about how you don't face the Ravens or the Jets while we're stuck with these league leaders and you get bottom dwellers like Cleveland and Buffalo instead. I could go on about how meaningless your stats are right now given who you've played to date, plus the bye you had. But it doesn't matter. You guys "own" the division right now, even with your scoring problems. You deserve to enjoy it and the optimism that comes with it. You guys have earned your schedule, and should enjoy it. And I'll enjoy that it'll probably mean more years with Cassel on your roster and that the rivalry our teams once had will finally be worth a damn again because so many people here are quick to jump on the bandwagon of a quarterback who looks like he has half a pulse and ride it for all it's worth.

And we'll both enjoy the fact that San Diego is once again turning into the powder puff nerfballs who can't win a game on the road.

Right, right right...

None of that really answers my question, though. Please continue to pardon my confusion -- you've been a gem so far!

See, in a two week span, we were given the SAME EXACT opponent -- the Indianapolis Colts, if my memory serves me properly. Matter of fact, we had to play them on the road! Cruel fate, am I right?

And while we both came out with a loss, I couldn't help but notice that our defense, which you have wonderfully lampooned throughout the endurance of this thread, put forth an effort that made the effort of your defense look ... oh how would I put it ... like your DC put a sack of aborted fetuses put in the 0-tech position and said "go."

So that would suggest to me that, as bad as our defense may be, as worthy or ridicule as you in your generous wisdom believes it is, that your defense would be worse?

Taco John
10-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Still can't log in, shocking.

If you're still using Yahoo, you should be able to retrieve your password. I'm not sure why you think we'd let Clayton in all these years despite his transgressions, and keep you out. But whatever. You can believe what you want.

BIG_DADDY
10-13-2010, 01:48 AM
I have no idea what you're talking about. I simply don't have the memory for remembering every moderating scuffle that has happened over the last 10 years. All I know is that your account is open and active currently, and waiting for you to log into it, rather than complain that you can't.

3 times I have asked you since then to fix the problem. Same BS, same BS answer. I know you don't want me on there, it's cool. Let's just not pretend otherwise.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2010, 01:56 AM
Taco's playing nice now, but in a week when the Donks are 2-4 he'll get nasty and start talking about how Cassel is taking us nowhere and we're a joke.

Direckshun
10-13-2010, 01:58 AM
I can't wait for that original spin on our quarterback position!

Don't short us now, TJ! Legions of Chiefs fans welcome the education!

Taco John
10-13-2010, 02:01 AM
Right, right right...

None of that really answers my question, though. Please continue to pardon my confusion -- you've been a gem so far!

See, in a two week span, we were given the SAME EXACT opponent -- the Indianapolis Colts, if my memory serves me properly. Matter of fact, we had to play them on the road! Cruel fate, am I right?

And while we both came out with a loss, I couldn't help but notice that our defense, which you have wonderfully lampooned throughout the endurance of this thread, put forth an effort that made the effort of your defense look ... oh how would I put it ... like your DC put a sack of aborted fetuses put in the 0-tech position and said "go."

So that would suggest to me that, as bad as our defense may be, as worthy or ridicule as you in your generous wisdom believes it is, that your defense would be worse?

Not much I can say. Indy has had our number for years. But at least we found the endzone. And at the end of the night, you guys weren't able to capitalize and have your coming out party that you would have had - complete with all the media attention. You lost, just like we did. Beat by a better team.

Maybe your defense is all that. But what I know for sure is that your team hasn't been tested by the likes that our team has been tested by so far. And you don't even have the Ravens or the Jets on your schedule, while we face them, along with Indy in the first six weeks. So forgive me if I don't look at your stats and fall over myself with fear just yet.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-13-2010, 06:05 AM

Don't you EVER insult the Vermeil era again by comparing it to that unbalanced offense.

the Talking Can
10-13-2010, 06:10 AM
holy shit can i not wait to shove a Hali up Orton....

DBOSHO
10-13-2010, 06:19 AM
Clady might retire at the end of this year.

The Bad Guy
10-13-2010, 06:57 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why Taco is holding on to the "you've had your bye week argument" when the stats presented are per attempt, except for the sacks, which means nothing to me right now with the QB we have.

LaChapelle
10-13-2010, 07:03 AM
They've put a clock in Cassel's head get rid of the ball in _ seconds
now they need to slow his thinking process a second can be a long time
maybe set him on fire in front of the play clock with a fire extinguisher set to go off a 4

Bane
10-13-2010, 07:11 AM
maybe set him on fire in front of the play clock with a fire extinguisher set to go off a 4

Would be a waste of good fire.

Saul Good
10-13-2010, 07:11 AM

The other 50% were Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning. Let's not pretend that the Chiefs have had an easy ride.

The Bad Guy
10-13-2010, 07:15 AM
Maybe your defense is all that. But what I know for sure is that your team hasn't been tested by the likes that our team has been tested by so far. And you don't even have the Ravens or the Jets on your schedule, while we face them, along with Indy in the first six weeks. So forgive me if I don't look at your stats and fall over myself with fear just yet.

This is such a pile of trash.

So by your admission, unless everyone played the exact same schedule and was "tested" the same way, then any stat is useless, right?

In Denver, Manning threw all over you even without Garcon.

In Indy, Manning struggled against the Chiefs.

But carry on.

Congratulations on being "tested".

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-13-2010, 07:20 AM
The other 50% were Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning. Let's not pretend that the Chiefs have had an easy ride.

The main reason they say we have a soft schedule is because we play Denver twice.

Bane
10-13-2010, 07:27 AM
The main reason they say we have a soft schedule is because we play Denver twice.

ROFL

Saul Good
10-13-2010, 07:42 AM
Not much I can say. Indy has had our number for years. But at least we found the endzone. And at the end of the night, you guys weren't able to capitalize and have your coming out party that you would have had - complete with all the media attention. You lost, just like we did. Beat by a better team.

Jacksonville and Seattle at home is a much better test than what the Chiefs have faced.

beer bacon
10-13-2010, 07:45 AM
The defensive stats, especially the pass defense stats, are impressive when you consider That Indy is a 2nd in the NFL in yards and third in points while SD is 1st in yards and 2nd in points.

Lzen
10-13-2010, 07:49 AM

Wow, that's quite a bold statement. I wouldn't go that far. I do think we are a good football team with one glaring weakness. But I don't know that I would put Croyle on that high a pedestal. Hell, he may not be much better than MC.

Lzen
10-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Taco's playing nice now, but in a week when the Donks are 2-4 he'll get nasty and start talking about how Cassel is taking us nowhere and we're a joke.

And would he be wrong? :spock:

I mean, other than the "we are a joke part".

Bane
10-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Jacksonville and Seattle at home is a much better test than what the Chiefs have faced.

Thats different.The Donk board proclaimed the Jaggs a team that has "emerged" as a AFC powerhouse.ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Seattle was a rebounding team just a few years removed from the SB.ROFLROFLROFL

Mile High Mania
10-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Keep grasping at straws.

We're legit.

Ok...

KC has given up only 3 sacks and that's good I think across any 4 game stretch - so, nice job there.

Low YPC rushing ... again, nice job. Caught SD early and at Arrowhead. Indy can't run - faced Hillis and Gore in the other two games. Good job.

10th in YPA passing ... Seneca Wallace and Alex Smith account for half of those games, no biggie there. Kudos for limiting Peyton, but Rivers had success.

Again, congrats on 3-1... but, KC's offense was bailed out twice in two games by the special teams and defense.

KC had a decent lead in game 1 thanks to Dex and the return, but they didn't score in the 2nd half.

KC had a 2nd quarter Defensive TD at Cleveland and kicked FGs in the 2nd half to win that one by two points.

The one game in which KC's offense looked good was the 49ers and you want to say that was against one of the league's best defenses and KC's toughest matchup. Ok, I'll say that the 49ers have had scores of 31, 25, 31, 16 and 27 against them this season. Tough? I dunno about all that.

KC's defense may be legit, but offensively... the Chiefs have scored on 6 FGs in two road games. That's legitimately not good.

BigMeatballDave
10-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Ok...

KC has given up only 3 sacks and that's good I think across any 4 game stretch - so, nice job there.

Low YPC rushing ... again, nice job. Caught SD early and at Arrowhead. Indy can't run - faced Hillis and Gore in the other two games. Good job.

10th in YPA passing ... Seneca Wallace and Alex Smith account for half of those games, no biggie there. Kudos for limiting Peyton, but Rivers had success.

Again, congrats on 3-1... but, KC's offense was bailed out twice in two games by the special teams and defense.

KC had a decent lead in game 1 thanks to Dex and the return, but they didn't score in the 2nd half.

KC had a 2nd quarter Defensive TD at Cleveland and kicked FGs in the 2nd half to win that one by two points.

The one game in which KC's offense looked good was the 49ers and you want to say that was against one of the league's best defenses and KC's toughest matchup. Ok, I'll say that the 49ers have had scores of 31, 25, 31, 16 and 27 against them this season. Tough? I dunno about all that.

KC's defense may be legit, but offensively... the Chiefs have scored on 6 FGs in two road games. That's legitimately not good.The Legit comment was in reference to the D.

Mile High Mania
10-13-2010, 08:34 AM

Hey now... you guys can piss in the wind all you like, but let's keep things factual. The Broncos have played @ Jacksonville, @ TEN and @ Baltimore. The Broncos have played the Seahawks and Colts in Denver.

Four of those teams have 3 wins and SEA has 2 wins... pretty solid test. Oh and laugh at the Jags all you like, they beat Indy and neither of our teams did that.

Mile High Mania
10-13-2010, 08:35 AM
The Legit comment was in reference to the D.

Are you Clayton? Trust me, based on other posts... he thinks KC is a legit team across the board with some minor tweaking required to be a playoff contender.

BigMeatballDave
10-13-2010, 08:42 AM
Are you Clayton? Trust me, based on other posts... he thinks KC is a legit team across the board with some minor tweaking required to be a playoff contender.If replacing the QB could be considered 'tweaking', then he would be correct. Thats all we're missing.

Mile High Mania
10-13-2010, 08:52 AM
If replacing the QB could be considered 'tweaking', then he would be correct. Thats all we're missing.

Interesting... which QB are you looking for that can magically turn around these receivers?

Taco John
10-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Interesting... which QB are you looking for that can magically turn around these receivers?

I heard Payton Manning was pretty good. He available?

Mr. Flopnuts
10-13-2010, 09:00 AM
The schedule complaint is a legit one. We have Buffalo and Cleveland, they have Baltimore and The Jets. That's the difference in our schedule. Pretty big if you ask me.

Fish
10-13-2010, 09:00 AM

Didn't you laugh at me for this notion in another thread?

beer bacon
10-13-2010, 09:09 AM
I heard Payton Manning was pretty good. He available?

Either one of the Manning brothers would do. What about the third brother?

The Bad Guy
10-13-2010, 09:13 AM

Any QB really will do that can throw down field.

If Brandon Lloyd and Jabar Gaffney can revive their career with a sub-standard QB that just chucks all game, I'm sure it's not that difficult.

Bane
10-13-2010, 09:13 AM
The schedule complaint is a legit one. We have Buffalo and Cleveland, they have Baltimore and The Jets. That's the difference in our schedule. Pretty big if you ask me.

So a 2 game difference is their battle cry when comparing a 4 win team to one that started out 6-0 and was supposed to smash through the AFCW,run through the playoffs and win the SB ?ROFL

Good luck with that Donktards.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-13-2010, 09:31 AM
So a 2 game difference is their battle cry when comparing a 4 win team to one that started out 6-0 and was supposed to smash through the AFCW,run through the playoffs and win the SB ?ROFL

I'm just letting them have dessert. They're going to starve by the end of the season when they're staring at 6-10.

Mile High Mania
10-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Any QB really will do that can throw down field.

If Brandon Lloyd and Jabar Gaffney can revive their career with a sub-standard QB that just chucks all game, I'm sure it's not that difficult.

ROFL Last year, he was having success being a 'game manager' and not making a lot of strikes down field. This year, he just chucks all game. Ok.

Mile High Mania
10-13-2010, 09:35 AM

Wait, I thought there was a comparison between Denver and KC. No?

Bane
10-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Wait, I thought there was a comparison between Denver and KC. No?
KC won 4 games last year.Now you all want to cry because there's a 2 game difference in our schedule? That may be the weakest crybaby bullshit you guys have ever pulled,but it is to be expected.

Mile High Mania
10-13-2010, 09:41 AM
KC won 4 games last year.Now you all want to cry because there's a 2 game difference in our schedule? That may be the weakest crybaby bullshit you guys have ever pulled,but it is to be expected.

For the record... I haven't been whining about schedule. If I've typed anything about it, I've mentioned that Denver's tough games have been loaded up early comparatively in 2010 to KC. Aside from that, I guess I missed some comparison with the 2 game difference in 2010 and the reference to records in 2009.

For the last few seasons, Denver and KC have had similar issues with schedules because Denver has hovered at .500 and KC has been well below.

Bane
10-13-2010, 09:45 AM
For the record... I haven't been whining about schedule. If I've typed anything about it, I've mentioned that Denver's tough games have been loaded up early comparatively in 2010 to KC. Aside from that, I guess I missed some comparison with the 2 game difference in 2010 and the reference to records in 2009.

For the last few seasons, Denver and KC have had similar issues with schedules because Denver has hovered at .500 and KC has been well below.

It's basically like crying because we had higher draft pick than teams with better records is my point.

Mile High Mania
10-13-2010, 10:20 AM
It's basically like crying because we had higher draft pick than teams with better records is my point.

Enh, sorta... but what some may consider crying, others may view as simply pointing out the obvious. There are 2 games that clearly make one schedule more difficult than another.

It happens every year though, but it doesn't take away from the argument about schedule strength. KC is 3-1 and you guys should be damn proud, you can only play the teams they put on the calendar for you.

I'll just be glad when this stretch is over for Denver... if they can walk away 3-3, fantastic. Raiders / @ 49ers (London) / Chiefs / @ Chargers / Rams / @ Chiefs / @ Cardinals / @ Raiders and then finish it up at home vs Houston and Chargers.

I think that is 6 realistic wins right there...

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-13-2010, 10:41 AM

Doesn't matter. We'll play one of them in the AFC Championship game.

Mile High Mania
10-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Doesn't matter. We'll play one of them in the AFC Championship game.

ROFL

It's been a long time, I know... it's been a tough road, but c'mon. Baby steps, dude. Baby steps. It's been a crazy time in the league and so much has changed since January 23, 1994.

It's weird, Favre had only thrown 6,530 career passing yards at that time in his career.

Saul Good
10-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Enh, sorta... but what some may consider crying, others may view as simply pointing out the obvious. There are 2 games that clearly make one schedule more difficult than another.

It happens every year though, but it doesn't take away from the argument about schedule strength. KC is 3-1 and you guys should be damn proud, you can only play the teams they put on the calendar for you.

I'll just be glad when this stretch is over for Denver... if they can walk away 3-3, fantastic. Raiders / @ 49ers (London) / Chiefs / @ Chargers / Rams / @ Chiefs / @ Cardinals / @ Raiders and then finish it up at home vs Houston and Chargers.

I think that is 6 realistic wins right there...

Keep piling up 7, 8, or 9 win seasons where you miss out on top draft picks while missing the playoffs.

Mile High Mania
10-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Keep piling up 7, 8, or 9 win seasons where you miss out on top draft picks while missing the playoffs.

Enh, who says McD wouldn't screw that up... seriously though, I'm not one of those that cheers for better draft position.

You can improve your team through the draft with mid round picks in R1, etc. Look at teams like Detroit, drafting high annually never seems to help them.

I see what you're saying though... Denver has been a .500 team for a few years, likely doing the same thing in 2010.

FAX
10-13-2010, 11:27 AM

Thank the Saints and Mary and Joseph that I have never come under a massive scrut.

FAX

BigMeatballDave
10-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Interesting... which QB are you looking for that can magically turn around these receivers?JFC I'm saying qb is glaring problem with this team. If we had a good qb, this offense would be good.

Oregon chief
10-13-2010, 01:33 PM
67% of all statistics are completely made up.....

aturnis
10-13-2010, 04:11 PM

Ok, but lets go ahead and ignore the fact that two of the teams KC has played are the #1 and #4 passing offenses in this league. With the #1 and #3 QB, and one of those QB's is a first ballot HOF'er and possibly the best QB to ever play the game.

Mostly though, lets ignore the fact that Alex Smith is currently the #11 QB leading the #11 passing offense. Let's just go ahead and pretend that their a bottom 10 team there mmkay?

KC's defense may be legit, but offensively... the Chiefs have scored on 6 FGs in two road games. That's legitimately not good.

Did ANYONE here say KC had a good offense? Does a team need a good offense to be LEGIT? Did Trent Dilfer lead a top ranked offense to a Superbowl victory, or was that Ray Lewis leading a top defense? Just checking. Nobody boasted ANYTHING about the offense.

I'll tell you right now the #1 problem this team has is it's offense, everyone of this board will, as well as everyone in the national media. I'll tell you the next two biggest problems this offense has right now, WR's, and play calling. Period.

The sack stat was ONLY touted to show the MASSIVE improvement of our offensive line in just one offseason. Go ahead though, ok?

aturnis
10-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Are you Clayton? Trust me, based on other posts... he thinks KC is a legit team across the board with some minor tweaking required to be a playoff contender.

There is no minor tweaking required to make this team a playoff contender. This team, as is, deficiencies and all, will make the playoffs. Come on now, this isn't the 2009 Broncos we're talking about here.

aturnis
10-13-2010, 04:15 PM
BTW, Claythan has NEVER touted this offense as legit. His posts do not suggest otherwise either.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Just relax, fellas.

2-4 will be the Donk death knell.

Soon as that hammer drops they'll mope around this place without that chip on their shoulder.

LaChapelle
10-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Didn't you laugh at me for this notion in another thread?

Matt you poor bastard you took too many sacks because you held the ball too long
now you don't hold it long enough
I guess you progressed too far ROFL

Hammock Parties
10-13-2010, 06:13 PM

I wanted to expound on this stat.

I think it's clear our pass D is a lot better than the total yardage statistic, and some of the other stats bear that out.

10th in YPA
4th in opposing completion percentage (55.8)
5th in passing TDs allowed (4)
11th in QB rating allowed (75.9)
7th in third-down defense

Dartgod
10-13-2010, 06:27 PM
This may be the most noticeable and important improvement of all.

When was the last time you felt confident that our defense would stop an opponent on 3rd down?

The Bad Guy
10-13-2010, 06:37 PM
I wanted to expound on this stat.

I think it's clear our pass D is a lot better than the total yardage statistic, and some of the other stats bear that out.

10th in YPA
4th in opposing completion percentage (55.8)
5th in passing TDs allowed (4)
11th in QB rating allowed (75.9)

Passing TDs allowed is insanely impressive considering we played the top 2 in the NFL right now in Rivers and Manning.

Meanwhile, the Broncos have faced Garrard, Manning, Hasselbeck, Vince Young and Joe Flacco.

the Talking Can
10-13-2010, 06:39 PM
QB rating of our opponents, see if you can decipher the trend:

1 Rivers 98 - 2tds 0ints
2 Wallace 73.2 - 1td 1int
3 Smith 68.8 - 1td 1int
4 Manning 65 - 0td 1int

probably has nothing to do with our rookie safeties learning on the job.....

Hammock Parties
10-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Meanwhile, the Broncos have faced Garrard, Manning, Hasselbeck, Vince Young and Joe Flacco.

Which equals a 93.0 QB rating against.

Saul Good
10-13-2010, 07:15 PM
QB rating of our opponents, see if you can decipher the trend:

1 Rivers 98 - 2tds 0ints
2 Wallace 73.2 - 1td 1int
3 Smith 68.8 - 1td 1int
4 Manning 65 - 0td 1int

probably has nothing to do with our rookie safeties learning on the job.....

If a video game CB played the way Flowers has played this year, I'd say that the programmers made it too hard, and I'd adjust the difficulty. He's been the best CB in the league so far.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Heh. The guys on NFL network were brought up the question of the Broncos running game and they all bursted out laughing simultaneously.

aturnis
10-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Beings two of those touchdowns were blatant rookie mistakes(Naanee, Cribbs), the Gates TD could also be looked at as a rookie mistake. Then you have the San Fran TD in garbage time, seriously, 3 second left and I'm pretty sure there was a stink made that the clock was at 0:00's when they called the timeout.

Considering all that, plus the fact that 3 of the 4 QB's we've faced are top 11, two of which are actually top 3 QB's, and we're playing 3 rookies in the secondary more often than not, this is DAMNED impressive.

Think about that a minute. This secondary is YOUNG across the board. The oldest guys are in their 3rd season, Hells yeah.