PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So if we lose to Houston...

Bozo1970
10-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Are we still to legit to quit? Or are we a 3-2 teams thats a couple plays away from being 1-5?

Knob
10-15-2010, 12:42 AM
I don't know? I'm looking around to see if anyone is gonna beat your azz for posting with 255 posts. This can't end well. Good luck.:popcorn:

Ming the Merciless
10-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Yah, I think we are still "legit." The problem is you have to define what legit means. People need to face the facts that basically we have about a 30-40% chance of winning this game, and probably closer to 30%.

Most people ALREADY had the houston game chalked up as an L , so even if we lose the game it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. Of course it will come as a shock to the retards / homers....but that is another story.

You question (I think) is a good one...

What will it mean if we are sitting at 3-2?

Well, lets just address what it will mean if we are 4-1 after this game first. If we beat Houston, I don't think anyone will be able to deny that this football team is MUCH better than most people thought it would be before the season started. We will all start thinking playoffs....and winning the division etc...It will be a nice dream. The first time in years many of us will have had these dreams LEGITIMATELY.

Bqack to your question. What will it mean if we lose to Houston in Houston on Sunday? My thoughts are it won't change anything very much. Before the season if you wouldve asked many people "What would you think of the Chiefs being 3-2 after the Houston game?" I believe their answers would range from "wow that would be great!" to "sounds about right." I don't think too many people would have been disappointed with 3-2 to start the season if you wouldve asked them in April.

I think it isn't the Houston game that is going to be the critical game....Our real test actually begins AFTER the Houston game in my opnion. Jacksonville, Buffalo, Oakland and Denver. Every one of them are games where we should have a chance to win.

I am not saying we can't beat Houston. In fact ~5 point underdogs or ~33% chance to win is better than I thought we would be before the season started. What I am saying is that should we lose to Houston your question will still not be answered....but it will be within 3-4 games after.

Bozo1970
10-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Well usually how this works is the guys who aren't so good throw first and the better guys throw second, so if you aren't worth a shit sign in now and if you're better than these slap dicks sign in later

Knob
10-15-2010, 12:53 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p0AE50NHsOc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p0AE50NHsOc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>:clap:

Ming the Merciless
10-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Well usually how this works is the guys who aren't so good throw first and the better guys throw second, so if you aren't worth a shit sign in now and if you're better than these slap dicks sign in later

Could you please translate that...I'm sorry I dont speak faggotese

RealSNR
10-15-2010, 12:57 AM
If we lose to Houston you'll still be an idiot

Messier
10-15-2010, 05:40 AM
These two games are probably the toughest games of the season, it just so happens that we have them back to back. If we lose and go 3-2, I still think we stand a good chance of winning 10 or 11 games.

Mile High Mania
10-15-2010, 05:45 AM
These two games are probably the toughest games of the season, it just so happens that we have them back to back. If we lose and go 3-2, I still think we stand a good chance of winning 10 or 11 games.

I think it depends on how the team loses... meaning, if it's a FG only affair again by the offense, then I think it's a true sign that things are not going to go well - meaning no 10+ wins.

I think KC can win this game, but only if the DEF/ST plays big... meaning they scored. I don't think the offense alone can hold up and put up the points, not even with the Texans hurting in some of the key defensive statistical areas.

If KC's offense can up up 24 points or more with a nice combo of passing and rushing production, then yeah - I'll start to back off my stance that it's a weak 3-1 team.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-15-2010, 06:00 AM
We should be 4-0, we had a good gameplan against Peyton and Bowe blew it for us. If we play against Houston the way we played the Colts even if we lose I gotta say we have a real chance at being a good team this year and a great team next.

Red Dawg
10-15-2010, 08:06 AM
We are not legit until we beat somebody good. The Colts would have qualified but we choked it up with our shit passing attack. If we can't beat Houston then we are truly a one dimensional team and not that good. All Defense and no offense. We face argueably the worst defense in the NFL. If we can't score TD's on them then we suck on offense and have big problems. Defense can't play lights out every game.

Rausch
10-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Are we still to legit to quit? Or are we a 3-2 teams thats a couple plays away from being 1-5?

Teams that are currently 3-2:

Texans
Jagwads
Titans
Colts
Redskins
Giants
Eagles
Packers
Saints.

You know what these teams have in common?

They're legit playoff contenders this year.
Almost all made the playoffs last year, some were just on the cusp of making it, and 2 of them were in the super bowl...

Dave Lane
10-15-2010, 08:56 AM
I had thus one marked as a loss. I think a close loss maybe a field goal late in the fourth kinda loss

boogblaster
10-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Not giving up yet .. we have better coaching this year plus better players ....

Rausch
10-15-2010, 08:59 AM
I had thus one marked as a loss. I think a close loss maybe a field goal late in the fourth kinda loss

I think an ass whoop'n.

Honestly, we don't match up well.

If Johnson is even at 80% he's just too physical for BIG corners, and we don't have big corners. Their line is now respectable at pass blocking and they have a legit running game to pair with a dangerous passer.

On top of that their biggest weakness is OUR biggest weakness (craptastic pass D vs. craptastic pass 0.)

This is definitely not the team I wanted to play after the Colts game...

TheGuardian
10-15-2010, 09:44 AM
I think an ass whoop'n.

Honestly, we don't match up well.

If Johnson is even at 80% he's just too physical for BIG corners, and we don't have big corners. Their line is now respectable at pass blocking and they have a legit running game to pair with a dangerous passer.

On top of that their biggest weakness is OUR biggest weakness (craptastic pass D vs. craptastic pass 0.)

This is definitely not the team I wanted to play after the Colts game...

OMG like Carr and Flowers have never matched up against big WR's........fucking dumb

the Talking Can
10-15-2010, 09:46 AM
it will mean the same thing the Colt's loss meant

we're a good team with a joke of a QB

rinse wash repeat

Rausch
10-15-2010, 09:49 AM
OMG like Carr and Flowers have never matched up against big WR's........****ing dumb

Yes, they have.

Johnson, in fact.

How did that turn out before?...

FAX
10-15-2010, 09:52 AM
I can stand it no more and no more can I stand it.

Dear Mr. Bozo1970 ...

"To" is a preposition.

"Too" is an adverb meaning "excessively" or "also."

"Two" is a number.

FAX

Rausch
10-15-2010, 09:53 AM
it will mean the same thing the Colt's loss meant

we're a good team with a joke of a QB

rinse wash repeat

I fucking LOVE the type of person Haley is but HATE the type of coach he's been.

That said, I don't think the man cares about anything more than winning.

If C@sshole continues to suck it up (and he will, because he fucking sucks) we'll be looking at a new QB next year. I have no doubt at all in my mind about Pioli/Haley's ability to pull the trigger on that...

the Talking Can
10-15-2010, 09:57 AM
I ****ing LOVE the type of person Haley is but HATE the type of coach he's been.

If C@sshole continues to suck it up (and he will, because he ****ing sucks) we'll be looking at a new QB next year. I have no doubt at all in my mind about Pioli/Haley's ability to pull the trigger on that...

i think the way Haley is coaching tells you everything about Cassel...

Cassel is being asked to less than any QB in the league, they're basically treating him as if he were a drooling retard

but the question of getting a new QB is up to Pioli....he has to admit his biggest decision was wrong...all wrong...and cut bait on it

we'll see

I don't believe for a second that the coach who went to a superbowl with Warner thinks Cassel is worth squat...

FAX
10-15-2010, 09:57 AM
I think it depends on how the team loses... meaning, if it's a FG only affair again by the offense, then I think it's a true sign that things are not going to go well - meaning no 10+ wins....

Sadly, I think I agree with Mr. Mile High Mania about this. At some point, the offense has to show up along with the defense. If not, we're in for another long season because teams will start taking away the run and forcing us to rely on Mark Cassrash.

Unless the offense figures out how to score touchdowns, we'll be a team much like last year's ... we'll lose a lot of games that we "should" have won ... or come close to winning.

FAX

FAX
10-15-2010, 10:03 AM
I ****ing LOVE the type of person Haley is but HATE the type of coach he's been.

If C@sshole continues to suck it up (and he will, because he ****ing sucks) we'll be looking at a new QB next year. I have no doubt at all in my mind about Pioli/Haley's ability to pull the trigger on that...

I think he's been a good coach ... better than merely "good", in fact. He's turned this team around physically as well as mentally and brought in excellent coordinators to help. He's aggressive and fearless and he knows what a time out is worth at any given point during the game. I give him high marks as an HC.

The Mutt Casspipe problem is something else altogether and I agree ... Haley is an aggressive, offense-minded coach. I do not believe for a minute that he's pleased with our Crapback. We're probably already working out a plan to do something in the quarterback area for next year. I guarantee you that Clark would rather eat dirt than write another 7 million dollar check to Manny Casspimple.

FAX

Red Brooklyn
10-15-2010, 10:09 AM

Dear Mr. Bozo1970 ...

"To" is a preposition.

"Two" is a number.

FAX

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you!

Rausch
10-15-2010, 10:26 AM
I don't believe for a second that the coach who went to a superbowl with Warner thinks Cassel is worth squat...

This.

I can see that conference:

Haley "I wanted a pocket passer and you fucking.......you POS motherfucker, you gave me this?

I'll work with what I'm given but I wont' PLAY FUCKING CHESS WITH GAWD-DAMNED SPIDER MONKEYS!"

Pioli: "Calm down Todd. We're uncapped for 2 years. We can flush this whole thing away like a nun-fart in church."

Haley: "Good, because it stinks! There isn't a single legit pocket passer on this team. NOT ONE! You didn't even throw me a fucking bone with a Kerry Collins or Jeff Garcia type that could overachieve for a few games and save my azz in a pinch!"

Rausch
10-15-2010, 10:31 AM
I think he's been a good coach ... better than merely "good", in fact. He's turned this team around physically as well as mentally and brought in excellent coordinators to help. He's aggressive and fearless and he knows what a time out is worth at any given point during the game. I give him high marks as an HC.

The Mutt Casspipe problem is something else altogether and I agree ... Haley is an aggressive, offense-minded coach. I do not believe for a minute that he's pleased with our Crapback. We're probably already working out a plan to do something in the quarterback area for next year. I guarantee you that Clark would rather eat dirt than write another 7 million dollar check to Manny Casspimple.

FAX

I don't know that I agree with all that but I do like that this man has a pair.

He will go for the onside in a must win game in the opening kickoff.

He'll leave our rookies out on an island and blitz on passing downs. He'll go for the first down on a 4th down in the first half.

HE WANTS TO WIN.

This I love...

TheGuardian
10-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Yes, they have.

Johnson, in fact.

How did that turn out before?...

Certainly Andre Johnson has never lit up a big corner before.........:shake:

MOhillbilly
10-15-2010, 10:38 AM
our D is legit imo and our coaching on D is even better.

Rausch
10-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Certainly Andre Johnson has never lit up a big corner before.........:shake:

He's smoked our corners before.

And for sick results.

No, we didn't have the DC back then we have now but I think....well......3-2 is nothing to be ashamed of.

And after this sunday's game we have a 2 week stretch of very winable games (even if we go 1-1 we're still 4-3) before two rough division games.

If we only win one...wow...5-4.

I predicted 6 wins for the whole ****ing season so 5-4 at that point might be cause to call in to work and work some "Quagmire Time" with the high speed connection...

Demonpenz
10-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Eric Berry is going to blow some coverages this game.

LaChapelle
10-15-2010, 10:50 AM
After only 4-5 games there is no team in the NFL that can't have weaknesses exposed
that can lead to their downfall and ultimate doormat placement

the Talking Can
10-15-2010, 10:58 AM
This.

Haley "I wanted a pocket passer and you ****ing.......you POS mother****er, you gave me this?

I'll work with what I'm given but I wont' PLAY ****ING CHESS WITH GAWD-DAMNED SPIDER MONKEYS!"

Pioli: "Calm down Todd. We're uncapped for 2 years. We can flush this whole thing away like a nun-fart in church."

Haley: "Good, because it stinks! There isn't a single legit pocket passer on this team. NOT ONE! You didn't even throw me a ****ing bone with a Kerry Collins or Jeff Garcia type that could overachieve for a few games and save my azz in a pinch!"

i gar-on-tee Haley is hot for WRs and a QB....dude knows offense, he knows and has basically said many times that we're doing what we 'have to do right now"

i like the guy as a coach a lot, and I think the fact that we are 3-1 with Cassel, and that he has mostly kept the QB from being an issue, is a testament to his ability to work with what he has...that's real coaching, doing what you have to do to win even if it makes you throw up in your mouth

Rausch
10-15-2010, 11:05 AM
After only 4-5 games there is no team in the NFL that can't have weaknesses exposed
that can lead to their downfall and ultimate doormat placement

You are flooring the gas in your garage with the windows down if you think KC has any chance of winning a shootout with the Texans.

Their HC isn't a tard like his mentor, Shanarat, he adapts.

And you'd be stuck on stupid if you think they'd play us like they did the Colts. Running the football and keeping the game close HELPS us. We have an even greater ability to break the 1 play TD than they do.

These are "if's," but if their TE and Johnson are healthy they have the ability to post 250+ passing on us.

This week we can't play like we did vs the Colts and ignore the run. Schaub is even more injuiry prone and less poised in the pocket. Blitz this mother****er like he owes Hitler money.

Any element of the Schaub/Johnson/Daniels dynamo missing no win...

Saleenman607
10-15-2010, 11:15 AM
I think it only matters (if KC loses) in HOW they lose. 2nd straight road game against a quality opponent, other than being absolutely blown out, I think it'll be a positive "improving a little bit each day" kind of thing Haley will say.
Other than Cassel's play......I'm OK with the direction they're going.

MOhillbilly
10-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Bet $ they test the middle run D and the over under fs/ss positions.

crossbow
10-15-2010, 04:32 PM

Dear Mr. Bozo1970 ...

"To" is a preposition.

"Two" is a number.

FAX

Also,

"There" can be used as: (There is no time left or there is the beer)
"Their" can be used as: (It was their decision to pass on 4th down)
"They're" can be used as: (They're just now arriving or They are not alone)

MadMax
10-15-2010, 05:28 PM
our D is legit imo and our coaching on D is even better.

I agree I like our D and they will only get better IMHO!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-17-2010, 02:33 AM
This.

Haley "I wanted a pocket passer and you fucking.......you POS motherfucker, you gave me this?

I'll work with what I'm given but I wont' PLAY FUCKING CHESS WITH GAWD-DAMNED SPIDER MONKEYS!"

Haley: "Good, because it stinks! There isn't a single legit pocket passer on this team. NOT ONE! You didn't even throw me a fucking bone with a Kerry Collins or Jeff Garcia type that could overachieve for a few games and save my azz in a pinch!"

:clap: Rep.