PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Some Chiefs props from Michael Lombardi

Quesadilla Joe
10-15-2010, 08:27 PM
1. It has taken me some time to figure out who Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles reminds me of, and after watching him run against the Colts, he looked like a young Marcus Allen. Charles has more natural speed than Allen did, but they both run with quick feet and the ability to change direction with power. The Texans are once again showing the football world, they cannot play with power or toughness, and this is a must-win for them, as they have already lost two homes games this season.

2. If Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel can't throw the ball against this porous secondary of the Texans then there should be huge cause for concern. The Texans are bad, and I mean really bad in the back end (this includes first round pick Kareem Jackson), and the Chiefs need to prove they can throw the ball. This should be an entertaining game.

» I'm not sure why Derrick Johnson did not play last year for the Chiefs, but he is playing like a Pro Bowler this year, along with Tamba Hali and Brandon Flowers. The Chiefs' defense are for real and play extremely physical.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b59cac/article/bradys-looking-forward-to-the-next-challenge

Coogs
10-15-2010, 08:30 PM
#1 is old news. Several of us made that comparison last season. Lombardi needs to read The Planet more to get his information. :)

Mr. Laz
10-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Derrick "over-pursue" Johnson is still inconsistent as hell against the run

just sayin'

Hammock Parties
10-15-2010, 08:33 PM
That's a pretty good comparison. He's got that smooth running style, too.

Chiefs=Champions
10-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Derrick "over-pursue" Johnson is still inconsistent as hell against the run

just sayin'

Well Belcher is as consistent as they come, together they make one heck of a combo in my opinion.. I dont mind surrendering a bit of run consistency for a bit of play making ability and athletisicsm

-King-
10-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Jamaal still runs like a track runner rather than a football player. So does Randy Moss.

KC-TBB
10-15-2010, 08:52 PM
still, good stuff to read, thanx

ElGringo
10-15-2010, 08:59 PM
One thing about Marcus was his ability to not get hit full force, and I believe Charles has that ability (even if he doesn't show it on every play). When they came to tackle Marcus, he would twist, turn, or cut in a way that the hit was never as bad as it looked, or as bad as the defender intended. This, plus his lack of playing in Oakland, added some time to his career.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-15-2010, 09:20 PM
That's a pretty good comparison. He's got that smooth running style, too.

Now, if he could just ram-rod one in on the 1 yard line, the comparison would be complete.