PDA

View Full Version : Poop Feds oppose Calif. Prop 19 to legalize marijuana

kcmaxwell
10-15-2010, 09:30 PM
don't know if this is a repost. If so sorry, I'm a noob, right?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_marijuana_legalization_justice

SAN FRANCISCO – Attorney General Eric Holder is warning that the federal government will not look the other way, as it has with medical marijuana, if voters next month make California the first state to legalize pot.

Marijuana is illegal under federal law, which drug agents will "vigorously enforce" against anyone carrying, growing or selling it, Holder said.

The comments in a letter to ex-federal drug enforcement chiefs were the attorney general's most direct statement yet against Proposition 19 and set up another showdown with California over marijuana if the measure passes.

With Prop 19 leading in the polls, the letter also raised questions about the extent to which federal drug agents would go into communities across the state to catch small-time users and dealers, or whether they even had the resources to do it.

Medical marijuana users and experts were skeptical, saying there was little the federal government could do to slow the march to legalization.

"This will be the new industry," said Chris Nelson, 24, who smokes pot to ease recurring back pain and was lined up outside a San Francisco dispensary. "It's taxable new income. So many tourists will flock here like they go to Napa. This will become the new Amsterdam."

If the ballot measure passes, the state would regulate recreational pot use. Adults could possess up to one ounce of the drug and grow small gardens on private property. Local governments would decide whether to allow and tax sales.

The Justice Department remains committed to enforcing the Controlled Substances Act in all states, Holder said.

"We will vigorously enforce the CSA against those individuals and organizations that possess, manufacture or distribute marijuana for recreational use, even if such activities are permitted under state law," he wrote.

The letter was dated Wednesday and was obtained by The Associated Press.

Holder also said legalizing recreational marijuana would be a "significant impediment" to the government's joint efforts with state and local law enforcement to target drug traffickers, who often distribute pot alongside cocaine and other drugs.

-King-
10-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Fuck California. Legalize it in Missouri!

L.A. Chieffan
10-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Note to self: Purchase stock in Cheetos

philfree
10-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Adults could possess up to one ounce of the drug and grow small gardens on private property. Local governments would decide whether to allow and tax sales

This! And it would take it out of the hands of drug traffickers. This is going to be interesting.

PhilFree:arrow:

Ming the Merciless
10-15-2010, 09:38 PM
It doesn't matter if the Feds oppose it to the average person like you or me. The Feds have 'opposed' prop 215 for the last 10+ years. That hasn't stopped the average person like you or me from growing, possesing, buying or smoking marijuana with a medical cad or caretaker licence for the same 10+ years.

Prop 19 may fail for other reasons, but the Feds don't do shit about anyone with less than a MASSIVE amount of weed. If you get busted by the feds, you have a **** ton of weed.

This won't change shit, basically...Except get rid of the requirement to obtain a card / join a club to get your weed.

(I live in Cali , been smoking medical weed for years)

58-4ever
10-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Talk about bringing out the flavor in Wine!! Yum.

Chiefs Rool
10-15-2010, 09:42 PM
the main people opposing and bribing the legalization of mary jane are pharmaceutical companies and big alcohol companies and probably other big businesses.

Ming the Merciless
10-15-2010, 09:46 PM
the main people opposing and bribing the legalization of mary jane are pharmaceutical companies and big alcohol companies and probably other big businesses.

Well, this may be true in general....But prop 19 in Cali has an odd set of opponents...Like many medical marijuana companies / distrubutors...and also Small family growers and small growing operations. It as the small businesses that will be hurt by this......

Ironically enough Phillip Morris and other large corporations are all supporting 19 or at least preparing for it to pass....Prepare for 'Marlboro Green' grown on land purchased by P.Mo. in Humboldt.

It will be similar to farm takeovers in the past....Once big business is legally allowed to cash in....Bye Bye small businesses.

Chiefs Rool
10-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Well, this may be true in general....But prop 19 in Cali has an odd set of opponents...Like many medical marijuana companies / distrubutors...and also Small family growers and small growing operations. It as the small businesses that will be hurt by this......

Ironically enough Phillip Morris and other large corporations are all supporting 19 or at least preparing for it to pass....Prepare for 'Marlboro Green' grown on land purchased by P.Mo. in Humboldt.

It will be similar to farm takeovers in the past....Once big business is legally allowed to cash in....Bye Bye small businesses.

ya, but most pot heads I know prefer to support small businesses, but once Wal-mart gets in on it, you can fuggetaboutit. Plus the tobacco companies would make it so that it's addicting probably.

kcxiv
10-15-2010, 09:49 PM
This! And it would take it out of the hands of drug traffickers. This is going to be interesting.

This is why its so smart, it would fucking cripple the cartels' here in Cali. I hope this law passes big time.

BigChiefFan
10-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Those people should learn a lesson and still support their local mom and pop shops if this passes. The Feds need to realize, prohibition doesn't work.

Ming the Merciless
10-15-2010, 09:51 PM
ya, but most pot heads I know prefer to support small businesses, but once Wal-mart gets in on it, you can fuggetaboutit. Plus the tobacco companies would make it so that it's addicting probably.

Same here man...Thats why i mentioned in my previous posts that prop 19 has an odd set of opponents... Including many pot-heads.....

Edit - I wouldnt be surprised if 19 fails this year amd gets re-written...And California continues on prop 215 until a better law gets written...

(I am one of those odd opponents - life long "pot head" opposed to 19 as it is currently written)

BigMeatballDave
10-15-2010, 09:53 PM
The Feds should all go pound sand.

CrazyPhuD
10-15-2010, 10:18 PM
The sky is blue?

Over-Head
10-15-2010, 10:42 PM
just legalize it already:rolleyes:

philfree
10-15-2010, 10:48 PM
How will a positive drug test for marijuana by players who play for those Cali teams be viewed when marijuana is legalized there?

Simply Red
10-15-2010, 10:56 PM
*inhale* - what?

DaneMcCloud
10-15-2010, 11:07 PM
How will a positive drug test for marijuana by players who play for those Cali teams be viewed when marijuana is legalized there?

It's league rules, regardless of legality

ClevelandBronco
10-15-2010, 11:07 PM

It will be viewed as a violation of the substance use policies of their employers and they'll be suspended or fired. But the state won't throw their asses in San Quentin.

RippedmyFlesh
10-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Do you think companies in Cal will stop pre employment testing for it?
If a company is not nation wide why test for something legal ?
Companies don't test for alcohol in other states.
makes for a strange alliance drug cartels and the feds who would be against legalizing it.

philfree
10-15-2010, 11:25 PM

Yeah I know but if it's leagalized in Cali then other states will follow so as more and more states legalize it will the NFL consider amending it's rules? If it actually happens.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-15-2010, 11:26 PM
LMAO Well have fun sending in a shit ton of new federal agents into the state to enforce it, because California certainly won't.

Obama will turn around and say he's creating jobs, while spending even more money, and completely ignoring the will of the people. :rolleyes:

BigMeatballDave
10-15-2010, 11:27 PM
I have no problem with companies enforcing a drugfree policy. It infuriates me that our government does so without our say. IMO, drug enforcement is a huge waste of tax dollars.

I say decriminalize everything and abolish the DEA.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-15-2010, 11:33 PM
I have no problem with companies enforcing a drugfree policy. It infuriates me that our government does so without our say. IMO, drug enforcement is a huge waste of tax dollars.

A lot of our money problems would go away if we stopped spending billions on the war on drugs, and started taxing and selling pot. And it's stupid to think that a bunch of people would start smoking weed. Morality crimes are fucking stupid from top to bottom. Here's an idea, quit worrying about everyone else and save your fucking self. Not you personally obviously. I'm just sayin'.

BigMeatballDave
10-15-2010, 11:37 PM
A lot of our money problems would go away if we stopped spending billions on the war on drugs, and started taxing and selling pot. And it's stupid to think that a bunch of people would start smoking weed. Morality crimes are fucking stupid from top to bottom. Here's an idea, quit worrying about everyone else and save your fucking self. Not you personally obviously. I'm just sayin'.I know what you're saying.

I'm also in favor of legalizing prostitution. I've never bought a hooker. Why cant prostitution be treated a self-employment?

ClevelandBronco
10-15-2010, 11:39 PM

Yeah, it's waste and I'd change drug policy as well, but this is a constitutional republic. We have our say when we vote for the idiots who make the laws.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-15-2010, 11:40 PM
I know what you're saying.

I'm also in favor of legalizing prostitution. I've never bought a hooker. Why cant prostitution be treated a self-employment?

Because we hate fat, ugly, socially inept people. Why do they need pussy? It's fucking ridiculous. It's a lot easier to accept your own imperfections when you can point at everyone else's.

BigMeatballDave
10-15-2010, 11:46 PM
We have our say when we vote for the idiots who make the laws.I get what you're saying, but what politician would add legal MJ to their platform?

California legalizing it is a step in the right direction.

CrazyPhuD
10-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Do you think companies in Cal will stop pre employment testing for it?
If a company is not nation wide why test for something legal ?
Companies don't test for alcohol in other states.
makes for a strange alliance drug cartels and the feds who would be against legalizing it.

No one drug tests in CA, unless your job is safety critical. Even then employers are still allowed to test you for it and fire you for it.

CrazyPhuD
10-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Note to self: Purchase stock in Cheetos

Fuck that....if this passes I'm buying some land to open CAmsterdam with Smokey the Joint. Hello pot tourism!

Hug it Out Dan
10-16-2010, 12:03 AM
There are too many reasons to legalize it.

Weed isn't as bad for you as nicotine/alcohol. I mean the most smoking weed can really do to you is reduce your lung capacity, and may cause some people to gain weight because u will eat more and more likely be too lazy to work it off later haha.

Stop trafficking? There wouldn't be any drug trafficking if people were allowed to grow it in their backyards...its god damn plant, nothing more different than someone w/ a tomato plant in their garden. These people are idiots.

Its all about lobbyists, money, big corporations. Not hard to figure out. If this passed...think what it would do to the cigarette companies. Given that weed (to most people) isn't addictive and doesn't have long term health risks like nicotine does, this would put them out of business, people would start growing and would stop buying cigarettes. And as far as alcohol, no ones gonna want to go to a damn bar after getting completely stoned out of their minds. I for one would rather stay home.

Earthling
10-16-2010, 06:21 AM
[QUOTE=Laces Out Dan;7090809]

Its all about lobbyists, money, big corporations. Not hard to figure out. If this passed...think what it would do to the cigarette companies. Given that weed (to most people) isn't addictive and doesn't have long term health risks like nicotine does, this would put them out of business, people would start growing and would stop buying cigarettes. /QUOTE]

I don't agree with ya on the cigs. People are still going to smoke their cigs no matter how much weed they have stashed away.

Slayer Diablo
10-16-2010, 08:39 AM
This is why its so smart, it would ****ing cripple the cartels' here in Cali. I hope this law passes big time.

That's how it would seem, but throughout American history, it's been shown that putting pressure on one drug causes another to inflate. Cartels can't make their money off marijuana, they'll focus on pushing/raising demand for cocaine, meth, and heroine.

Dave Lane
10-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Pretty much every cool new idea starts in Cali. Then 5 years later it hits the backwaters like KC.

I think we might be able to balance the budget if we taxed it instead of hiring 3,000,000 cops to fight it.

Saul Good
10-16-2010, 08:52 AM

Those pot heads are the die-hards. When it's available to the average Joe, he's not going to care where it comes from. Look at tobacco.

Slayer Diablo
10-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Pretty much every cool new idea starts in Cali. Then 5 years later it hits the backwaters like KC.

I think we might be able to balance the budget if we taxed it instead of hiring 3,000,000 cops to fight it.

By the time we legalize it, they'll have made tobacco illegal...then everyone who would have done pot to mess with the system starts to smoke cigarettes.

FAX
10-16-2010, 08:56 AM
... makes for a strange alliance drug cartels and the feds who would be against legalizing it.

Hmmm.

The "feds" (or some federal agencies) have been in cahoots with the "cartels" (or some of them) for decades. The War On Drugs is the most ass-backwards enterprise the Federal Government has ever foisted on the American Peeps.

Either that, or our government is really, really bad at drug war and really, really good at ruining the lives of young Americans.

FAX

Smed1065
10-16-2010, 08:58 AM

So true~

Delano
10-16-2010, 08:58 AM
By the time we legalize it, they'll have made tobacco illegal...then everyone who would have done pot to mess with the system starts to smoke cigarettes.

You've still got 'it' fella.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hydrae
10-16-2010, 08:59 AM
If it is grown within the state, sold within the state and consumed within the state I am not sure where the Feds have any authority. Most of previous prosecutions have been under interstate commerce laws. I don't see how that works if it never crosses state lines. This could get interesting

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2010, 09:00 AM
That's how it would seem, but throughout American history, it's been shown that putting pressure on one drug causes another to inflate. Cartels can't make their money off marijuana, they'll focus on pushing/raising demand for cocaine, meth, and heroine.So? Decriminalize them, too. It all boils down to personally responsibility. Let the Cartels create legit businesses out of this. Tax the shit out of them. Yes, I realize people would try to make their own shit. Who cares? I'm sick of governments telling the public what they can and cannot do, while wasting our tax dollars to try and keep us from doing it.

Smed1065
10-16-2010, 09:01 AM

Yes, ever checked their prices on cigs?

No?

Well if you do, Then you will know you speak through ass and not knowledge.

FAX
10-16-2010, 09:04 AM

Amen. The average person in prison for "Possession With Intent To Distribute" also probably costs about $200,000 a year to keep there.

When it comes to "illegal" drugs, the federal government's policies are pretty upside-down. Meanwhile, the pharmas get away with murder every single day.

FAX

Smed1065
10-16-2010, 09:06 AM

Yes, I smoked MJ before I did cigs.

Maybe my sarcasm is broke but I think that azz is serious.

PS. If cigs are so bad, why are they legal still? Why is alcohol legal?

Might be due to tax revenue and big money like Lobbyist.

OMG,

Fuck that natural growing plant. Let cook shit down and make it "legal".

Fuck the effects. We cant have hemp ropes.

Extra Point
10-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Feds claim felony. State claims choice. This is a losing fight for CA. The DEA and DOJ will further bankrupt CA.

Meanwhile, thousands die in Mexico over illegal trade.

Great job, federal government. Thanks for the cottage industry of criminalizing hemp.

Smed1065
10-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Just like the wars on drugs.

Oh no prescription? You suck.

Oh a prescription, its ok.

What we got you hooked? Fuck you, you have no right to it unless Doctor hook says you are not a problem and pay his office visit.

Oh, sorry. You need a drink to calm the nerves? Thats cool.

Take all you need in the stores, they might even check if you are 21.

GL.

Why does alcohol and religion versus a natural product raise so much BS?

Oh revenue.

That and the states want the money for inmates from the feds.

Have you ever checked into it from all sides or just from your own or the media one?

Kinda like a KC fan that does not care as long as they win........

FAX
10-16-2010, 09:14 AM
The strangest part of this whole deal is that hemp is an extraordinarily useful material.

Let's face it ... we live in a police state. And, we have done it to ourselves.

FAX

The Franchise
10-16-2010, 09:17 AM
No one drug tests in CA, unless your job is safety critical. Even then employers are still allowed to test you for it and fire you for it.

Unless you work for County or State government......then you get tested.

Smed1065
10-16-2010, 09:18 AM
The strangest part of this whole deal is that hemp is an extraordinarily useful material.

Let's face it ... we live in a money state, see BS commercials via public funding. "We" have done it to ourselves via big money.

FAX

FYP~

The Franchise
10-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Stop trafficking? There wouldn't be any drug trafficking if people were allowed to grow it in their backyards...its god damn plant, nothing more different than someone w/ a tomato plant in their garden. These people are idiots.

It's not going to stop trafficking at all. If it's legalized in California....there are going to be so many people from other states trying to move their product into Cali to try and make some "legal" money.

Smed1065
10-16-2010, 09:20 AM

FAX

Yes, more valuable than every thing in the same class but its bad cause we got paid!

But how many textile and cotton mills paid in the last 20 years?

Most because of this stupid, paid off belief for 50 years.

Smed1065
10-16-2010, 09:22 AM
It's not going to stop trafficking at all. If it's legalized in California....there are going to be so many people from other states trying to move their product into Cali to try and make some "legal" money.

To compete with the locals, with the best conditions to grow?

LOL

Hey competition makes it better, no?
:spock:

petegz28
10-16-2010, 09:23 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4cefoV_A878?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4cefoV_A878?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Delano
10-16-2010, 09:24 AM
A worked up Smed is the best Smed, the fiesty ol' hippy.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigChiefFan
10-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Hmmm.

The "feds" (or some federal agencies) have been in cahoots with the "cartels" (or some of them) for decades. The War On Drugs is the most ass-backwards enterprise the Federal Government has ever foisted on the American Peeps.

Either that, or our government is really, really bad at drug war and really, really good at ruining the lives of young Americans.

FAXSShhhhh...we wouldn't want the masses to not be allowed to worship Reagan.

Slayer Diablo
10-16-2010, 09:33 AM
So? Decriminalize them, too. It all boils down to personally responsibility. Let the Cartels create legit businesses out of this. Tax the shit out of them. Yes, I realize people would try to make their own shit. Who cares? I'm sick of governments telling the public what they can and cannot do, while wasting our tax dollars to try and keep us from doing it.

About 25 years after Europe figures it out, the United States will consider it. Hell, the main reason Clinton didn't allow Needle Exchange Programs--which have worked wonders overseas and kept HIV rates down--is because a faulty report in Canada claimed the programs were raising HIV rates.

But I digress...it's not entirely about personal responsibility (many who get hooked actually try to be very responsible, and afterward are responsible to the point of making their drug habit a job...it gives the day structure, they work to earn money to get the drug, there's a social status system among users) nor is it entirely about legality. Cartels only have other cartels as competition, and the feds pretty much keep a cap on anyone getting in the way of business. If you legalize, they're not going to make legit businesses because the corporations who are much better with advertising and marketing are going to immediately corner the market. Cartels may still get what they want by killing and bombing, but it'll be far from legit.

Hydrae
10-16-2010, 09:35 AM

FAX

How's about hemp seed oil for lubricants? How about trying to use the stems for bio-fuels? This stuff will grow damn near anywhere and very quickly. There is no doubt in my mind that there are many products we could be producing from it.

Just think of how much CO2 a bunch of fields could recycle out of the atmosphere too! We should legalize it to help combat global climate change (it is not global warming any more, have to keep up with the venacular).

petegz28
10-16-2010, 09:39 AM
There is too much money at stake by legalizing MJ. DEA officers, FBI officers, Police officers, courts, lawyers, court fees, rehab employees, rehab fees, etc., etc.

It's a money game that keeps it illegal.

petegz28
10-16-2010, 09:41 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h2GG2aM6UII?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h2GG2aM6UII?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Slayer Diablo
10-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Yes, I smoked MJ before I did cigs.

Maybe my sarcasm is broke but I think that azz is serious.

PS. If cigs are so bad, why are they legal still? Why is alcohol legal?

Might be due to tax revenue and big money like Lobbyist.

OMG,

**** that natural growing plant. Let cook shit down and make it "legal".

**** the effects. We cant have hemp ropes.

Tobacco is still legal because it's been one of the largest cashcrops in the United States since the colonies. Alcohol is legal for several reasons...social and medical reasons granted...but mainly, it's so dam* easy to make that everyone realized it's much safer to have professionals manufacture it than moonshiners and bootleggers.

But yeah, considering that all currently illegal drugs were made so because of discrimination(opium so they could arrest the Chinese, marijuana so Mexicans wouldn't immigrate and grow fields in the southwest, etc.) , it would be best to at least reconsider which drugs are legal or illegal.

petegz28
10-16-2010, 09:45 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mqg7GzFGy5Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mqg7GzFGy5Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Slayer Diablo
10-16-2010, 09:50 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mqg7GzFGy5Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mqg7GzFGy5Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

It would be funnier if she looked like June Cleaver and not someone who wants to do pot (assuming she hasn't tried it because she "plays by the rules").

Hydrae
10-16-2010, 10:02 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h2GG2aM6UII?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h2GG2aM6UII?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Did he really just compare the dangers of having poorly stored firearms in a home with children with having pot in the home? Wow. Just, wow.

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Cartels only have other cartels as competition, and the feds pretty much keep a cap on anyone getting in the way of business. If you legalize, they're not going to make legit businesses because the corporations who are much better with advertising and marketing are going to immediately corner the market. Cartels may still get what they want by killing and bombing, but it'll be far from legit.I get what you're saying here. My point is its wasteful on our part to use tax money to stop them. If the Cartels want to kill each other, who cares?

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Did he really just compare the dangers of having poorly stored firearms in a home with children with having pot in the home? Wow. Just, wow.LMAO I almost choked on my lunch listening to that. I've never heard a more ridiculous statement regarding this. ROFL

Slayer Diablo
10-16-2010, 10:25 AM
I get what you're saying here. My point is its wasteful on our part to use tax money to stop them. If the Cartels want to kill each other, who cares?

The fact that a death toll exists is a problem in itself, but the cartels kill more than each other, which makes it even worse. They have recruits who got in as kids because it was the only way to survive, and getting out usually means by death. If killing 5 rivals means taking out a few innocent bystanders in the process, it doesn't usually matter. The fact that even one innocent victim is killed or has their rights taken away is enough reason to spend tax dollars.

petegz28
10-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Did he really just compare the dangers of having poorly stored firearms in a home with children with having pot in the home? Wow. Just, wow.

Yea, it just shows how ignorant and far reaching people are being.

petegz28
10-16-2010, 10:30 AM
The other ignorant argument is the driving while high argument. It's like the people who make that argument forget all about that stuff called alcohol.

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2010, 10:31 AM
The fact that a death toll exists is a problem in itself, but the cartels kill more than each other, which makes it even worse. They have recruits who got in as kids because it was the only way to survive, and getting out usually means by death. If killing 5 rivals means taking out a few innocent bystanders in the process, it doesn't usually matter. The fact that even one innocent victim is killed or has their rights taken away is enough reason to spend tax dollars.I KNEW there had to be at least one drama queen in here to support this.

Slayer Diablo
10-16-2010, 10:32 AM

He watched the original Reefer Madness as a kid...

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2010, 10:32 AM
The other ignorant argument is the driving while high argument. It's like the people who make that argument forget all about that stuff called alcohol.This. LMAO

Slayer Diablo
10-16-2010, 10:33 AM
I KNEW there had to be at least one drama queen in here to support this.

I'm not talking about saving people from themselves or anything like that. It's a matter of the police are here to protect and serve innocent civilians and their rights.

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm not talking about saving people from themselves or anything like that. It's a matter of the police are here to protect and serve innocent civilians and their rights.Riiiight...

Slayer Diablo
10-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Riiiight...

It's on the badge. I don't know what corrupt b**tards you had to deal with growing up, but that's the general job description.

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2010, 10:45 AM
It's on the badge. I don't know what corrupt b**tards you had to deal with growing up, but that's the general job description.LMAO I know what it says. Things aren't always as them seem.

philfree
10-16-2010, 10:48 AM

Yeah and the girl in the other video comapred it to heroin. Talk about people being brain washed.:shake:

Slayer Diablo
10-16-2010, 10:51 AM
LMAO I know what it says. Things aren't always as them seem.

I'd agree, which is a main reason why we also need to fix the law enforcement system. But that's a whole different thread.

Hydrae
10-16-2010, 11:17 AM
The other ignorant argument is the driving while high argument. It's like the people who make that argument forget all about that stuff called alcohol.

At least you can check if a person is currently drunk. I know of no way to tell if a person is currently high other than trying to remove thier bag of Cheetos.

Hydrae
10-16-2010, 11:18 AM
The fact that a death toll exists is a problem in itself, but the cartels kill more than each other, which makes it even worse. They have recruits who got in as kids because it was the only way to survive, and getting out usually means by death. If killing 5 rivals means taking out a few innocent bystanders in the process, it doesn't usually matter. The fact that even one innocent victim is killed or has their rights taken away is enough reason to spend tax dollars.

Those currently involved will have to go through that issue eventually if it is to end. Continuing with our current policies will just continue the problem and allow more young people to get sucked into this dead end life. Remove the reason the cartels have power and you end the problem you described.

petegz28
10-16-2010, 11:19 AM
At least you can check if a person is currently drunk. I know of no way to tell if a person is currently high other than trying to remove thier bag of Cheetos.

Nah, you judge it by how slow they're driving

philfree
10-16-2010, 11:24 AM
I don't think the driving issue would be even close to that of alcohol. People drink, get fired up from it and take off and do stupid things. Someone get's high, they chill and oreder a pizza. If I'm a pizza chain I'm all for it.

DaFace
10-16-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't think the driving issue would be even close to that of alcohol. People drink, get fired up from it and take off and do stupid things. Someone get's high, they chill and oreder a pizza. If I'm a pizza chain I'm all for it.

Pretty much. In my opinion, alcohol makes people want to do things that they normally wouldn't want to do, which often are "stupid" things. Pot causes people to interpret things in stupid ways, but most of the time they're to unmotivated to actually act.

Frazod
10-16-2010, 11:54 AM
It's on the badge. I don't know what corrupt b**tards you had to deal with growing up, but that's the general job description.

Not anymore. Today cops are little more than state-sanctioned thieves.

Serving and protecting don't feed government coffers.

alnorth
10-16-2010, 01:59 PM
This statement from the feds is irrelevant outrage. I would be concerned if I were planning to open up a new pot store catering to anyone and everyone. If I were a smoker planning to grow my own (I heard the law will allow up to 25 square feet of planting space for personal use? Wow) I wouldn't be concerned at all.

The war on drugs, as it relates to individuals on the street, relies on local enforcement. When the local and state cops tell the feds "screw you guys, we're out and we will not assist you", then there is practically no enforcement left because the feds are not going to waste the resources to police their stupid laws.

If you get picked up on an unrelated federal crime and they find pot, I'm sure you'll get tagged. If you are a high-end grower and dealer, the feds might take you down, but beyond that, CA stoners probably dont have much to fear if they aren't stupid about it.

johnny961
10-16-2010, 02:42 PM
I personally don't smoke weed, haven't smoked it for many years. That being said, I think it should be legal. I don't really understand the government's position here either as pot could be a huge revenue maker for them if they did it right.

Frazod
10-16-2010, 02:47 PM
I personally don't smoke weed, haven't smoked it for many years. That being said, I think it should be legal. I don't really understand the government's position here either as pot could be a huge revenue maker for them if they did it right.

Money, money, money.

Massive bureaucracy. Lawyers making a killing on both sides. Plus, incarcerating our citizens is big business.

Lots of evil fucks running our government who care nothing for common sense or the best interests of the people.

teedubya
10-16-2010, 02:49 PM
I probably would have NEVER smoked weed if it were legal. I smoked it to say fuck you for saying that I can't smoke it.

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2010, 02:59 PM
I probably would have NEVER smoked weed if it were legal. I smoked it to say fuck you for saying that I can't smoke it.I never cared that it was illegal. I smoked it for the euphoria.

philfree
10-16-2010, 03:01 PM
This statement from the feds is irrelevant outrage. I would be concerned if I were planning to open up a new pot store catering to anyone and everyone. If I were a smoker planning to grow my own (I heard the law will allow up to 25 square feet of planting space for personal use? Wow) I wouldn't be concerned at all.

The war on drugs, as it relates to individuals on the street, relies on local enforcement. When the local and state cops tell the feds "screw you guys, we're out and we will not assist you", then there is practically no enforcement left because the feds are not going to waste the resources to police their stupid laws.

If you get picked up on an unrelated federal crime and they find pot, I'm sure you'll get tagged. If you are a high-end grower and dealer, the feds might take you down, but beyond that, CA stoners probably dont have much to fear if they aren't stupid about it.

I don't know but this looks like one of those situations where the Feds might decide to flex their muscle. States Rights ring a bell? California could start a civil war for hemp. If it does get passed it will be so interesting to see what the feds do. The States that make up the USA can't just start voting in laws that the feds object to. That would be freedom!

ClevelandBronco
10-16-2010, 03:05 PM
When these kinds of discussions come up it's always so easy to tell which of us smoke a shit ton of weed.

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2010, 03:06 PM
When these kinds of discussions come up it's always so easy to tell which of us smoke a shit ton of weed.Not really. I havent smoked any in over a yr.

ClevelandBronco
10-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Not really. I havent smoked any in over a yr.

Why did you assume that I was including you?

Don't worry. The paranoia eventually wears off.

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Why did you assume that I was including you?

Don't worry. The paranoia eventually wears off.I always argue in favor of MJ in these threads.

johnny961
10-16-2010, 03:10 PM
The War On Drugs is the most ass-backwards enterprise the Federal Government has ever foisted on the American Peeps.

FAX

X3. The so called war on drugs is nothing more than a losing battle, a drain of OUR taxpayer money. They can spend ungodly sums of money trying to enforce the unenforceable when it boils down to this: As long as there is a demand for hard drugs in our country, somebody is going to take the risk to supply that demand due to the money involved. Bust one dealer, and there's three more in line to take their place. The taxpayer money would be better spent on social and educational programs that lessen the likelihood of addictive behavior if the govt. was truly concerned about the well being of others. Lessen the demand for the harder, addictive drugs and the supply issue takes care of itself. And legalize pot. It's no worse than alcohol.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2010, 03:12 PM
What's ridiculous is that it's already legal in California.

I can't even tell you the number of people I know with medical marijuana cards, from friends and colleagues to friends of my parents that are in their 60's. Apparently, it's super-easy to get a doctor's note to legally buy it.

Hopefully, Prop 19 will pass and this state can finally get out of the red with the subsequent tax income it will generate. And every person jailed on a "intent to sell" or possession charge should be released from prison.

And no, I don't smoke pot. It's not my thing and never has been.

Hydrae
10-16-2010, 04:08 PM
When these kinds of discussions come up it's always so easy to tell which of us smoke a shit ton of weed.

Is a shit ton anything like a metric ton?

Demonpenz
10-16-2010, 05:45 PM

they wouldn't be able to do shit because it's legal

Demonpenz
10-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Is a shit ton anything like a metric ton?

Shitton is 1/4 a fuckton

kcxiv
10-16-2010, 07:28 PM

i am 100 percent for this i havent smoked a joint in over 13 years. I rather have this legal then alcohol thats for damned sure.

alnorth
10-16-2010, 07:33 PM
they wouldn't be able to do shit because it's legal

actually no, private companies can still tell you they dont want you smoking weed and fire you for cause. They need to show that there is a rational reason why a company doesn't want someone who is likely to be high on the job, but from what I understand, the courts defer to the employer if they can come up with any good reason. You are a company that employs professional athletes who need to be alert on the field and keep their bodies in excellent condition? No-brainer. The state wont throw you in jail, but you can still be suspended.

Can the NFL make a similar argument to ban smoking and drinking? Probably. Would it make sense for them to be inconsistent when they dont? Not really.

Chiefs Rool
10-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Yes, ever checked their prices on cigs?

No?

Well if you do, Then you will know you speak through ass and not knowledge.

what are you talking about?

Chiefs Rool
10-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I wish weed was legal right now. I wouldn't feel like complete crap right now with this massive headache and whatever cold I picked up.

I hate the government for depriving us of something so good.

In the history of the world you have never heard of anyone over-dosing from weed. But if you take 13 aspirin, that's going to be your last headache. Hungry, happy and sleepy, those are the side effects.

googlegoogle
10-16-2010, 07:48 PM
They don't really worry about marijuana in california. Arrests rates are blown up by media.

Thorpilian
10-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Please. Just a hop, skip, and big jump and shizzam! I'm there from VEGAS. Give me some of that stinky green goodness. No hangover, no belligerent tyraids, no people drunk driving. Not as many atleast. The "Choke Smoke" would surely lower the alcohol consumption in the country. Plus, taco bell, wendy's, and any other late night fast food would thrive. BOOYAH! Roberto's chicken Tacos at 3 in the morning are delicious.

Chiefs Rool
10-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Please. Just a hop, skip, and big jump and shizzam! I'm there from VEGAS. Give me some of that stinky green goodness. No hangover, no belligerent tyraids, no people drunk driving. Not as many atleast. The "Choke Smoke" would surely lower the alcohol consumption in the country. Plus, taco bell, wendy's, and any other late night fast food would thrive. BOOYAH! Roberto's chicken Tacos at 3 in the morning are delicious.

ya, God gave us this great plant and some jackass from the 1910's who didn't know anything about it thought it was the devil and had to ruin it for everybody. 100 years later and we are only getting closer. But like I said before, the only people running this country are companies with the biggest wallets and unfortunately Frito Lays company doesn't have the bribe money that Alcohol and pharmaceutical companies have.

GoHuge
10-16-2010, 08:33 PM
The War on Drugs is the dumbest fucking thing our governement wastes money on. The people that want to take drugs will always find a way to get them. These laws don't do shit to stop drug use. About all it does is provide DEA agents, local, state, and federally law enforcement officials a steady paycheck. All they accomplish is driving the price up.

It's fuckin pot............alcohol consumers cause many many more deaths than potheads do. It's OK though because alcohol is legal. Dumbest fucking arguement there is for keeping pot illegal..........and I don't smoke. Just like online gambling....make it legal, regulate it, and tax it.

Chiefs Rool
10-16-2010, 08:43 PM
The War on Drugs is the dumbest ****ing thing our governement wastes money on. The people that want to take drugs will always find a way to get them. These laws don't do shit to stop drug use. About all it does is provide DEA agents, local, state, and federally law enforcement officials a steady paycheck. All they accomplish is driving the price up.

It's ****in pot............alcohol consumers cause many many more deaths than potheads do. It's OK though because alcohol is legal. Dumbest ****ing arguement there is for keeping pot illegal..........and I don't smoke. Just like online gambling....make it legal, regulate it, and tax it.

it's not about if it's right or wrong, stupid or smart. It's about how big companies who control this country think it will affect their stock value.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-17-2010, 02:26 AM
I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

Buck
10-17-2010, 02:51 AM
I think one of the worst things that can come out of this is the small time weed dealers getting their market taken away from them meaning that some will have to move to more hardcore drugs.

Hug it Out Dan
10-17-2010, 03:05 AM
this is all about money.

cigarette/tobacco companies, would have fits if smoking weed became legal. people would start growing their own weed instead of paying for cigs, and have less side effects like addiction and other cancer hazzards with the tar and other shit that's in them.

And most people would that both drink and smoke would probably quit drinking mostly and just smoke if it became legal.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-17-2010, 03:40 AM
this is all about money.

cigarette/tobacco companies, would have fits if smoking weed became legal. people would start growing their own weed instead of paying for cigs, and have less side effects like addiction and other cancer hazzards with the tar and other shit that's in them.

And most people would that both drink and smoke would probably quit drinking mostly and just smoke if it became legal.

Yep.

CHIEF4EVER
10-17-2010, 08:47 AM

I don't smoke weed but I am in favor personal choice. I am also in favor of people doing whatever they want to their own bodies in the privacy of their own homes so long as they don't harm others. In fact, I don't care if someone wants to smoke so much pot that they think they are having an out of body experience....not my business. All I ask is don't do it in front of my kids and don't drive cars around me. I think that is a pretty fair arrangement.

Buck
11-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Today is the big day. If it passes in CA, it may eventually be legal everywhere north of the Bible Belt.

irishjayhawk
11-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm hoping it wins. And I'd like to see Eric Holder try to enforce it. And I'd vote anyone else who tries to enforce it out of office for stupidity. War on Drugs has never and will never work. Thank you, Reagan.

Buck
11-02-2010, 06:09 PM
I was against it at first, but the principal of it being illegal while alcohol is legal was just too much. Plus it will help CA a lot with its debt.

irishjayhawk
11-02-2010, 06:10 PM
I was against it at first, but the principal of it being illegal while alcohol is legal was just too much. Plus it will help CA a lot with its debt.

Yep, and as it currently reads, it still allows employers to drug test.

Buck
11-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Yep, and as it currently reads, it still allows employers to drug test.

LOL, they don't care if you smoke weed. I would say 90% of companies that drug test only care about the hardcore stuff, and I would say only about 30% of companies even drug test.

They can test for alcohol in those drug tests if they want, so it would really be the same as that.

Chiefs Rool
11-02-2010, 08:06 PM
LOL, they don't care if you smoke weed. I would say 90% of companies that drug test only care about the hardcore stuff, and I would say only about 30% of companies even drug test.

They can test for alcohol in those drug tests if they want, so it would really be the same as that.

I'm pretty sure that most companies that make ya take a drug test, test for THC. They make you test because they get a better deal on health insurance I think.

Brock
11-02-2010, 08:08 PM

You're crazy. A lot of corporations, the big dogs, won't hire a pothead, or anybody who can't avoid having a drink the night before a drug test.

Buck
11-02-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that most companies that make ya take a drug test, test for THC. They make you test because they get a better deal on health insurance I think.

Ive been hired approx. 7 times, maybe more. I only had to take a drug test twice, and I had marijuana in my system both times and passed their drug tests and was hired. I didn't use any masking agents or anything. Weed is not frowned upon in CA, I'm telling you.

Buck
11-02-2010, 08:11 PM
You're crazy. A lot of corporations, the big dogs, won't hire a pothead, or anybody who can't avoid having a drink the night before a drug test.

Obviously, but I said 30%. Think of all the shops, restaurants, and smaller businesses there are. If they didnt hire people who smoked weed, nobody in CA would have a job.

RustShack
11-02-2010, 08:16 PM
I have a friend who was totally anti drinking and smoking and drugs and all that here in Iowa. He moved a few years ago and I was talking to him the other day and he now smokes the pot. He said out there its just like smoking a cigarette.

Chiefs Rool
11-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Ive been hired approx. 7 times, maybe more. I only had to take a drug test twice, and I had marijuana in my system both times and passed their drug tests and was hired. I didn't use any masking agents or anything. Weed is not frowned upon in CA, I'm telling you.

oh, in Cali. I was thinking anywhere in the country.

Demonpenz
11-02-2010, 08:18 PM
it takes some of the fun out of it being legal.

Buck
11-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I have a friend who was totally anti drinking and smoking and drugs and all that here in Iowa. He moved a few years ago and I was talking to him the other day and he now smokes the pot. He said out there its just like smoking a cigarette.

The penalty for being caught with Marijuana here is a $100 fine, you don't get arrested, or have to go to court or anything.

Now imagine they take away that $100 fine, and tax you $20 every single time you buy some weed.

Imagine how much more money they would make.

I don't get what the big deal about making legal is if the only thing that can happen to you now is that you get fined $100.

Steve
11-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Legalize it already.If majority of the people desire it legalized then if we have a democracy it should be.If not then who is in charge?

Nzoner
11-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Weed is not frowned upon in CA, I'm telling you.

No doubt

35 second mark :D

Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYElmGDtHcI)

Buck
11-02-2010, 08:46 PM
No doubt

35 second mark :D

Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYElmGDtHcI)

LOL

I love how he says, "I'm hopin'" after he says "smoke in the air."

ClevelandBronco
11-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Legalize it already.If majority of the people desire it legalized then if we have a democracy it should be.If not then who is in charge?

I favor legalization as well, but there's a damned good reason that we aren't a democracy. It's because half of the people in this country are fucking dumber than the other half.

teedubya
11-02-2010, 09:14 PM
It's a fucking plant. It's only illegal because you can't patent it.

BWillie
11-02-2010, 09:14 PM
lol California is so f*cking poor. It is hilarious. That state has absolutely no surplus of money. Why do you think that is?

LaChapelle
11-02-2010, 09:19 PM
They'll just make rolling papers illegal to sell

Buck
11-02-2010, 09:24 PM
lol California is so f*cking poor. It is hilarious. That state has absolutely no surplus of money. Why do you think that is?

That's why if it fails to pass, it will just prove we are the stupidest fucking state.

It won't affect anyone who doesn't use marijuana, and it will bring in about an additional $1,400,000,000 every single year. That's 1.4 billion dollars!

It will create between 60,000 to 110,000 new jobs as well.

Smokers are going to smoke either way. People are just voting no on it because they've been told to do so.

If this doesn't pass, and if it never does, CA may become the shittiest state in the nation within like 20-30 years.

Right now No is winning 57% to 43% after the mail-in ballots came through (around 200,000 votes).

Mr. Flopnuts
11-02-2010, 09:25 PM
CNN reporting after 2% counted it's being voted down 57% to 43%. Of the 57% who voted no, 87% were drunk when they cast their ballot. 14% went on to get in a car accident and kill someone after leaving the polls. All per CNN.

BWillie
11-02-2010, 09:30 PM
That's why if it fails to pass, it will just prove we are the stupidest ****ing state.

It won't affect anyone who doesn't use marijuana, and it will bring in about an additional $1,400,000,000 every single year. That's 1.4 billion dollars!

It will create between 60,000 to 110,000 new jobs as well.

Smokers are going to smoke either way. People are just voting no on it because they've been told to do so.

If this doesn't pass, and if it never does, CA may become the shittiest state in the nation within like 20-30 years.

Right now No is winning 57% to 43% after the mail-in ballots came through (around 200,000 votes).

That isn't exactly what I meant. California has dug their own grade with all the stupid shit they waste their money on. I mean they just give money away for social services. I'm not so sure legalizing pot is a good idea in California. You guys already have like a 13% unemployment rate, and it's about to go up if you do this. Tons of lazy pot heads collecting government hand outs not giving as shit because they are too high to even care ROFLROFLROFL

chief52
11-02-2010, 09:31 PM
It won't pass...there are way too many growers with way too much to lose.

I look forward to seeing how the vote comes out here in Humboldt and adjoining Mendocino counties. Bet it goes down in defeat. Way too many growers.

Buck
11-02-2010, 09:33 PM
That isn't exactly what I meant. California has dug their own grade with all the stupid shit they waste their money on. I mean they just give money away for social services. I'm not so sure legalizing pot is a good idea in California. You guys already have like a 13% unemployment rate, and it's about to go up if you do this. Tons of lazy pot heads collecting government hand outs not giving as shit because they are too high to even care ROFLROFLROFL

You are acting like if this passed all of the sudden a shit load of people would just start smoking.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-02-2010, 09:34 PM
You are acting like if this passed all of the sudden a shit load of people would just start smoking.

His whole post was dumb on a stark raving drunken level.

Extra Point
11-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Thus, the real argument for the war between the states. In the battle of Lexington, the Missouri Confederates lit fire to the bales of hemp, rolling them downhill to the Union troops below. Do I hear an echo?

irishjayhawk
11-02-2010, 09:36 PM
If it loses, it just means that the boomers still have political sway and are entrenched in Reagan's War on Drugs policy.

Pablo
11-02-2010, 09:36 PM
That isn't exactly what I meant. California has dug their own grade with all the stupid shit they waste their money on. I mean they just give money away for social services. I'm not so sure legalizing pot is a good idea in California. You guys already have like a 13% unemployment rate, and it's about to go up if you do this. Tons of lazy pot heads collecting government hand outs not giving as shit because they are too high to even care ROFLROFLROFLLAWL brah...really??

That's your argument?

Pablo
11-02-2010, 09:39 PM
If it loses, it just means that the boomers still have political sway and are entrenched in Reagan's War on Drugs policy.Some day they'll all be dead; and we'll be free to smoke ourselves into oblivion as we rebuild the economy they've destroyed.

Buck
11-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Some day they'll all be dead; and we'll be free to smoke ourselves into oblivion as we rebuild the economy they've destroyed.

We have such fertile soils in the US, someday our #1 export could be dank ass weed. LOL

BWillie
11-02-2010, 09:41 PM

Oh, I'm just being a troll. I think it is definitely in the states best interest to legalize it. I personally don't see how people find weed so enjoyable, but hey, it would be a huge money maker. It would make an ungodly amout of tax revenue. But hey, your state still taxes the hell out of everything and they still have found a way to have no money so what difference does it make.

Extra Point
11-02-2010, 09:46 PM
If it loses, it just means that the boomers still have political sway and are entrenched in Reagan's War on Drugs policy.

That's bullshit! I hope you're joking, making that comment. At least one of them thinks that the tax base would be massively increased, and that the W-O-D cottage industry can piss up a rope.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Oh, I'm just being a troll. I think it is definitely be in the states best interest to legalize it. I personally don't see how people find weed so enjoyable, but hey, it would be a huge money maker. It would make an ungodly amout of tax revenue. But hey, your state still taxes the hell out of everything and they still have found a way to have no money so what difference does it make.Thats how I feel about Alcohol. I rarely smoke.

BWillie
11-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Thats how I feel about Alcohol. I rarely smoke.

If I smoke, I sit in once spot not wanting to do really anything at all just vegging out smiling at stupid shit. If I drink, at least I have fun, I have energy (for a while), I'm much more jovial and can tolerate dumbasses easier, and I actually have ambition to do shit.

L.A. Chieffan
11-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Preliminary reports saying it got denied.

Buck
11-02-2010, 09:59 PM
If I smoke, I sit in once spot not wanting to do really anything at all just vegging out smiling at stupid shit. If I drink, at least I have fun, I have energy (for a while), I'm much more jovial and can tolerate dumbasses easier, and I actually have ambition to do shit.

When I smoke, I am really fucking good at video games, nearly unstoppable in online multiplayer First Person Shooters.

When I drink I suck.

Extra Point
11-02-2010, 10:00 PM

To each his/her own. "If it's a vice, tax it." Dave Morton.

Buck
11-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Not sure what happened, but it just went from losing 820k - 641k (179k difference) to losing 854k - 702k (152k difference). Could be picking up steam.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2010, 10:02 PM
If I smoke, I sit in once spot not wanting to do really anything at all just vegging out smiling at stupid shit. If I drink, at least I have fun, I have energy (for a while), I'm much more jovial and can tolerate dumbasses easier, and I actually have ambition to do shit.I havent smoked or drank on a regular basis since my 20s. I'm 40 now and have no desire to drink and little to smoke. I hated going to parties with no weed because someone was shitfaced and wanted to kick you ass. Add weed, and you may want to kick someones ass, but you forget 2 minutes later why. :D

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Not sure what happened, but it just went from losing 820k - 641k (179k difference) to losing 854k - 702k (152k difference). Could be picking up steam.That would make sense. The potheads are stoned and forgot what today was...:D

Mr. Flopnuts
11-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Oh, I'm just being a troll. I think it is definitely in the states best interest to legalize it. I personally don't see how people find weed so enjoyable, but hey, it would be a huge money maker. It would make an ungodly amout of tax revenue. But hey, your state still taxes the hell out of everything and they still have found a way to have no money so what difference does it make.

That's the BWillie I know. Money, money, money.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-02-2010, 10:08 PM
When I smoke, I am really fucking good at video games, nearly unstoppable in online multiplayer First Person Shooters.

When I drink I suck.

Stay away from gay bars. :fire:

BWillie
11-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Stay away from gay bars. :fire:

ROFL

Buck
11-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Bleh, not anymore.

Prop 19 is dead. Prop 19 is dead.

Pardon me while I go smoke a joint out in the middle of the street to show my displeasure.

KC native
11-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Bleh, not anymore.

Pardon me while I go smoke a joint out in the middle of the street to show my displeasure.

damn useless californians.

philfree
11-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Bleh, not anymore.

"Far out man! It's about time we voted in marijuana." "I't didn't pass?"

Did you you vote? " Uh....No man...... I forgot."

chief52
11-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Early result in Humboldt Co. Ca...

Yes 46%
No 54%

Imagine that...

Buck
11-02-2010, 10:32 PM

Yes 46%
No 54%

Imagine that...

Fucking hypocrites.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2010, 10:32 PM
but to see if get this far is a great sign for things to come... 5 years ago who would have thought that it would even get so far as to going up for an actual vote?

KC native
11-02-2010, 10:36 PM

Yes 46%
No 54%

Imagine that...

Humboldt was against it because their local economy would be crushed. If it became legal then the price would drop and they would have to start paying taxes on their illicit income. Fucking selfish pricks. If I can avoid humboldt ganja from here on out, it will be done.

KC native
11-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Fucking hypocrites.

Not really hypocrites, just really selfish, greedy pricks.

Buck
11-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Not really hypocrites, just really selfish, greedy pricks.

I think they are.

They certainly don't want to get in trouble for growing marijuana, but they don't want it to be legal for everyone to grow it.

DaneMcCloud
11-02-2010, 10:43 PM
This proposition was doomed to fail from the beginning with the inclusion of the 5x5 plot.

If it was a simple "Legalize Marijuana", it would have won. But people's home values would plummet if anyone could grow pot in their front or backyard.

It'll be on the ballot in the future and hopefully, it'll be a smarter prop.

KC native
11-02-2010, 10:44 PM
I think they are.

They certainly don't want to get in trouble for growing marijuana, but they don't want it to be legal for everyone to grow it.

Eh, they're not really worried about getting in trouble up there. They're worried about how much money they're going to make.

Chiefs Rool
11-02-2010, 10:46 PM
geez, vote yes! At least we are getting there, hopefully the conservative states will have it sometime in the near-distant future while I'm still alive.

KC native
11-02-2010, 10:46 PM
This proposition was doomed to fail from the beginning with the inclusion of the 5x5 plot.

If it was a simple "Legalize Marijuana", it would have won. But people's home values would plummet if anyone could grow pot in their front or backyard.

It'll be on the ballot in the future and hopefully, it'll be a smarter prop.

Hopefully the next time it comes up, a good portion of those against it will no longer be around. For the uninitiated, the polling for legalization of marijuana is strongly related to age (the old folks still think it's the demon weed).

Johnny Vegas
11-02-2010, 10:48 PM
what about what Arnold did. its a start.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2010/oct/01/california_governor_signs_mariju

Buck
11-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Hopefully the next time it comes up, a good portion of those against it will no longer be around. For the uninitiated, the polling for legalization of marijuana is strongly related to age (the old folks still think it's the demon weed).

It will be on the ballot every 2 years from here on out until it passes. This shit is getting done. Its already legal if you pay a "real" doctor $100 to recommend that you start using it for any number of illnesses/disorders.

KC native
11-02-2010, 10:51 PM
what about what Arnold did. its a start.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2010/oct/01/california_governor_signs_mariju

Fuck a start. At this point, it's ridiculous to continue the drug war. We have lost on just about ever measure imaginable. Drugs are more plentiful, more pure, and cheaper than they ever have been. Then when you consider how many Billions of dollars we waste waging this "war", it's even more asinine.

Mr. Flopnuts
FUCK YOU CALIFORNIA! YOU HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A FUCKING STATEMENT.

BigMeatballDave
Fuck a start. At this point, it's ridiculous to continue the drug war. We have lost on just about ever measure imaginable. Drugs are more plentiful, more pure, and cheaper than they ever have been. Then when you consider how many Billions of dollars we waste waging this "war", it's even more asinine.This x 1000

KC native
11-02-2010, 10:52 PM
It will be on the ballot every 2 years from here on out until it passes. This shit is getting done. Its already legal if you pay a "real" doctor $100 to recommend that you start using it for any number of illnesses/disorders.

Yes, I know. I'm looking at a couple schools in LA (SC and UCLA) and my good friend already lives there, so he already knows the doctor to call.

ClevelandBronco
11-02-2010, 10:58 PM

We ought to drop napalm on the houses of the people who decided that even idiots should have self esteem.

BossChief
11-02-2010, 11:04 PM
So, it it totally done and it lost?

I quit smoking a few months ago, but it would be a step in the direction of "freedom" if this would have passed.

You know, what this country was built on before it was bought.

Buck
11-02-2010, 11:07 PM
I cant believe so many people hate on a fucking plant. A FUCKING PLANT.

I'm gonna be honest with you all. I smoke weed like once a month, so its not even a big deal to me. Its just hard for me to understand where these old guys are coming from saying that its harmful and will create crime and other shit like that.

KC native
11-02-2010, 11:10 PM
I cant believe so many people hate on a fucking plant. A FUCKING PLANT.

I'm gonna be honest with you all. I smoke weed like once a month, so its not even a big deal to me. Its just hard for me to understand where these old guys are coming from saying that its harmful and will create crime and other shit like that.

Yet another reason to hate boomers.

Bump
11-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Of course it's not going to happen. Big companies probably spent many millions on this to prevent it. If anybody thinks that it makes any difference who's president or which party is in office or that your vote actually matters. IT DOESN'T, wake the **** up. Companies who pay the chamber of commerce to bribe people run this country. They make all of the decisions. Nothing and I mean NOTHING will ever happen to benefit "the people."

Like all my friends, telling me to go vote today and that my vote does matter and blah blah blah. It doesn't, it makes absolutely no difference. What Phillip Morris and Exxon Mobil and Phizer, what they want is what is going to happen. They are the President, congress and the Supreme Court.

Until Americans wake the **** up and realize this, NOTHING is going to be done about it. There needs to be another civil war to fight this system.

-King-
11-02-2010, 11:12 PM
How the fuck did it not pass? FUCK!!

Oh well... It's not like it not passing is going to stop me from smoking.
Posted via Mobile Device

Abba-Dabba
11-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Of course it's not going to happen. Big companies probably spent many millions on this to prevent it. If anybody thinks that it makes any difference who's president or which party is in office or that your vote actually matters. IT DOESN'T, wake the **** up. Companies who pay the chamber of commerce to bribe people run this country. They make all of the decisions. Nothing and I mean NOTHING will ever happen to benefit "the people."

Like all my friends, telling me to go vote today and that my vote does matter and blah blah blah. It doesn't, it makes absolutely no difference. What Phillip Morris and Exxon Mobil and Phizer, what they want is what is going to happen. They are the President, congress and the Supreme Court.

Until Americans wake the **** up and realize this, NOTHING is going to be done about it. There needs to be another civil war to fight this system.

I understand the sentiment. Yet voter apathy, which you clearly support, has allowed corporations to run roughshod over the entire process.

The problem with Washington isn't a Democrat or Republican problem. It's a lobbying problem. What really is the difference between bribery and a corporation giving a politician 10's of thousands of dollars to vote a certain way? Nothing IMO. Nothing in Washington, or politics as a whole for that matter, will ever be working for the people until people wake up and realize lobbying is just poltical bribery, and should held accountable as such.

RedDread
11-03-2010, 12:22 AM

It kills me because it was so prevalent in a lot of these older voter's youths and now they're scared because someone might grow/smoke/be high somewhere in their neighborhood and it absolutely terrifies them.

The selfish generation cannot get out of here soon enough.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2010, 12:30 AM
It kills me because it was so prevalent in a lot of these older voter's youths and now they're scared because someone might grow/smoke/be high somewhere in their neighborhood and it absolutely terrifies them.

You're missing the point entirely.

ANYONE can get a medical marijuana card and smoke pot in California. My parents, who live in the KC area, have friends in their 60's with med cards. Half the fucking people I know have med cards. I don't think ANYONE would oppose it if the proposition were just legalizing marijuana, which is already legal anyone with a prescription.

The part that's fucked up is that they had a provision stating that anyone would grow pot in a 5x5 plot of land. That's fucked up because you KNOW that in shittier neighborhoods, they'll abuse that, big time. And in wealthier neighborhoods, there would undoubtedly be people growing pot in the front yards and so on.

I don't know how familiar you are with Los Angeles neighborhoods but if a bunch of people decided to grow pot in their front or backyards in places like Hancock Park, Beverly Hills, Encino, Bel Air, etc., the home values would plummet.

I'm all for legalizing it because I guarantee the tax revenues will far exceed the projected $8.7 billion, which this state could desperately use. But not at the expense of lowering my property values or explaining pot gardens to children under the age of eight.

chief52
11-03-2010, 06:43 AM
IMO people are totally missing the boat on why this failed. Who has the most to lose if pot is totlly legal in CA.? The growers. Here in Humboldt Co., a hot bed to say the least for pot, prop 19 went down 54% to 46%.

The place is full of growers and I could care less about that. But people that think old, crusty red necks are the reason this prop did not pass could not be more off base. The prop did not pass because the huge number of people growing would lose billions.

The growers shot this prop down...

Buck
11-03-2010, 06:53 AM
IMO people are totally missing the boat on why this failed. Who has the most to lose if pot is totlly legal in CA.? The growers. Here in Humboldt Co., a hot bed to say the least for pot, prop 19 went down 54% to 46%.

The place is full of growers and I could care less about that. But people that think old, crusty red necks are the reason this prop did not pass could not be more off base. The prop did not pass because the huge number of people growing would lose billions.

Over 7,000,000 people voted no for it...You really think they are all growers?

chief52
11-03-2010, 06:58 AM

Not sure how you came to that conclusion from my post...

All kinds of people voted both ways obviously. But IMO the huge swing is the growers.

Are you trying to tell me that the people growing pot and making huge amounts of tax free money went to the polls and voted to legalize marijuana???

Buck
11-03-2010, 07:04 AM

All kinds of people voted both ways obviously. But IMO the huge swing is the growers.

Are you trying to tell me that the people growing pot and making huge amounts of tax free money went to the polls and voted to legalize marijuana???

There are maybe 1000-5000 big time growers, tops (pulled that number from nowhere by the way).

They don't have any political power really, so why would you think its them? Its definitely the baby boomers who voted no on this. If more young people would vote, this could have passed easily.

Abba-Dabba
11-03-2010, 08:14 AM

Yes. So they could keep their $3000 pound weed while the little guy keeps going to prison. When the truth is, they aren't very good businessmen in an open and fair market. They are nothing more than black market criminals.

Abba-Dabba
11-03-2010, 08:15 AM

How much did the alcohol and tobacco industries donate to keep weed illegal?

ModSocks
11-03-2010, 09:00 AM
You're missing the point entirely.

ANYONE can get a medical marijuana card and smoke pot in California. My parents, who live in the KC area, have friends in their 60's with med cards. Half the ****ing people I know have med cards. I don't think ANYONE would oppose it if the proposition were just legalizing marijuana, which is already legal anyone with a prescription.

The part that's ****ed up is that they had a provision stating that anyone would grow pot in a 5x5 plot of land. That's ****ed up because you KNOW that in shittier neighborhoods, they'll abuse that, big time. And in wealthier neighborhoods, there would undoubtedly be people growing pot in the front yards and so on.

I don't know how familiar you are with Los Angeles neighborhoods but if a bunch of people decided to grow pot in their front or backyards in places like Hancock Park, Beverly Hills, Encino, Bel Air, etc., the home values would plummet.

I'm all for legalizing it because I guarantee the tax revenues will far exceed the projected $8.7 billion, which this state could desperately use. But not at the expense of lowering my property values or explaining pot gardens to children under the age of eight.

I hardly think that was an issue at all.

The main issue was the fact that it was poorly written and offered no solutions to how it was going to help the economy.

The whole premise of the proposition was that it was going to raise "X" amount of dollars in revenue, but it was never clear on how it would be taxed or what the state would do with the money. It left a lot of variables to the individual cities and businesses.

I voted yes on prop 19, but knew that it had little chance to pass and rightly so. The concept was there, but it was lazy.

It never even had a chance to pass because it never offered a clear cut plan. It was basically, "legalize it and then....uh....we'll figure out how each individual city will tax it later"....Obviously that won't fly if the the whole premise of the thing is to raise revenue.

Hopefully they do it right next time.

ModSocks
11-03-2010, 09:06 AM

Of course they would vote to legalize it. Can you imagine how much MORE money they could make AND do it legally? It's a win-win scenario for them.

Skyy God
11-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Obligatory Afroman reference as the reason Prop 19 went down...

ModSocks
11-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Going back and reading this thread, I can't believe some of you are blaming the growers and especially Humboldt. Every article I can find about Humboldt has them supporting Prop 19. Can you imagine the revenue that Humboldt County would generate if this shit passed? JFC...

And the mass growers would be supplying all of the new dispinsaries that would pop up and all of the retail stores. Sure, they'll be some people growing their own, not nearly like some of you are projecting.

Not everyone has the land to do it on, and most wont want their apartment smelling like weed all the time. And lets not forget that people won't want to wait the time it takes for a good yield either.

There are no excuses here. It was poorly written. That's it. Do a better job next time.

Dave Lane
11-03-2010, 09:17 AM

And you think boomers voted against this? Seriously? How high were you when you posted that? Where do you think the counter culture and drug use began? No it's the WWII era people the 70+ generation that voted it down.

Dave Lane
11-03-2010, 09:20 AM

The selfish generation cannot get out of here soon enough.

That would be the 70+ year olds. I don't know a single person my age (54) that opposes making weed legal. No one. And I live in Johnson County.

Brock
11-03-2010, 09:26 AM
That would be the 70+ year olds. I don't know a single person my age (54) that opposes making weed legal. No one. And I live in Johnson County.

I know plenty of people your age that have sold out their former beliefs. Most of them, in fact.

Simply Red
11-03-2010, 09:59 AM
I know what you're saying.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3zzhh.gif

boogblaster
11-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Well it didn't pass .. but didn't figure it would ... it's evil you know .......

CHENZ A!
11-03-2010, 10:43 AM
I'd be cool with at least making medical legal in every state. :cuss:
Posted via Mobile Device

KCUnited
11-03-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm cool with the current set up.

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2010, 12:29 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3zzhh.gifLMAO

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm cool with the current set up.That wont do.

teedubya
11-03-2010, 12:38 PM
The whole campaign was fucked up. It shouldn't have been about the WEED.

But about how hemp can create industries. The whole proposition was written in a fucked up way.

The Franchise
11-03-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm cool with the current set up.

You have a card?

Dave Lane
11-03-2010, 12:42 PM
I know plenty of people your age that have sold out their former beliefs. Most of them, in fact.

I haven't met one on this issue anyway. Now I have to say I don't count Tea partiers / hard core republicans as from my generation. They are simply lost children. :)

KCUnited
11-03-2010, 12:46 PM
You have a card?

Nope, just cool.

KC native
11-03-2010, 05:16 PM
I haven't met one on this issue anyway. Now I have to say I don't count Tea partiers / hard core republicans as from my generation. They are simply lost children. :)

The polling on legalization of marijuana is skewed hard by age. The 45-60 crowd is something like 40% for and 60% against. Younger than that is strongly in favor of legalization. Like I said, fuck the boomers (well most of them anyway). :)

KC native
11-03-2010, 05:17 PM
There are maybe 1000-5000 big time growers, tops (pulled that number from nowhere by the way).

They don't have any political power really, so why would you think its them? Its definitely the baby boomers who voted no on this. If more young people would vote, this could have passed easily.

yes

KC native
11-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Going back and reading this thread, I can't believe some of you are blaming the growers and especially Humboldt. Every article I can find about Humboldt has them supporting Prop 19. Can you imagine the revenue that Humboldt County would generate if this shit passed? JFC...

And the mass growers would be supplying all of the new dispinsaries that would pop up and all of the retail stores. Sure, they'll be some people growing their own, not nearly like some of you are projecting.

Not everyone has the land to do it on, and most wont want their apartment smelling like weed all the time. And lets not forget that people won't want to wait the time it takes for a good yield either.

There are no excuses here. It was poorly written. That's it. Do a better job next time.

Dude, you're nuts. Marijuana is very versatile and can be grown well in many places. Legalization will flood the market and kill prices. That's why the Humboldt vote went the way it did.

Simply Red
11-03-2010, 06:00 PM
*stoner bump*

GloryDayz
11-03-2010, 07:49 PM
That's dope!!

chief52
11-04-2010, 06:49 AM

Right, wrong or in between...the growers shot prop 19 down in CA. Has nothing to do with how it was written...taxes...or any of that other crap. Legalized Pot will never pass in CA due to the extremely powerful and wealthy pot vote.

Anyone who does not realize that is either naive or...