siberian khatru
10-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Time to start drinking heavily

milkshock
10-17-2010, 02:12 PM
we played well, gave me hope for the rest of the season

-King-
10-17-2010, 02:13 PM
HOnestly....I haven't felt this bad in forever. God dammit. Fuck man. My week is fucked.

Baby Lee
10-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Their whole asshole was hanging out.

Thig Lyfe
10-17-2010, 02:14 PM
The worst part is, the division is so bad that the Chiefs will still make the playoffs only to have another meltdown in the first round.

It was easier when the team just flat sucked.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-17-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm still speechless. That P.I. call will haunt me till next sunday.

58-4ever
10-17-2010, 02:18 PM
I haven't been this mad since 2005

58-4ever
10-17-2010, 02:18 PM
What a fucking joke

grandllama
10-17-2010, 02:22 PM

I started that in the fourth quarter when I realized I had seen this show before.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 02:26 PM
I like it better when we suck

Mizzou_8541
10-17-2010, 02:34 PM
HOnestly....I haven't felt this bad in forever. God dammit. **** man. My week is ****ed.

Haha...this. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Gonzo
10-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Meh, oh well. At least Cassel didn't suck as much. He still sucked, just not as much.
You know what they should do? They should get that one running back more carries. Who's that dude again? He was really good last year.
Posted via Mobile Device

MichaelH
10-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Maybe kick a dog, knock down an old lady and punch an infant in the head as well. :)

They lost a well played game, it freaking happens. I am happy the Chiefs played outstanding for 90% of the game and almost won. The team is so much better than last year of any team during the Hermie era.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 02:42 PM
I wouldnt hate Cassel so much if he didnt get so much money

Hammock Parties
10-17-2010, 02:43 PM
"I hate myself for loving you"

YOUR 2010 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

DMAC
10-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Feels good to care again.

Valiant
10-17-2010, 02:51 PM
You just put too much credit into them.. I had us losing this game..

But, they are still playing better then my expectations this year and can contend for a playoff spot and division lead this year.. So it is looking better..

Personally I am hoping we get Kolb or Vick next year and draft a Qbotf either next draft or the next.. I just want Cassel gone..

Pasta Little Brioni
10-17-2010, 02:52 PM
After Houston scored to make it 21-14, I had the same feeling I had when they played the Browns in Cleveland several years ago and let Derek Anderson beat them. Sadly it played out like I feared.

MichaelH
10-17-2010, 03:11 PM
You just put too much credit into them.. I had us losing this game..

But, they are still playing better then my expectations this year and can contend for a playoff spot and division lead this year.. So it is looking better..

Exactly! The teams goes 3-0 and everything is thinking Superbowl. They lose to two good teams on the road and all of a sudden they suck again. I will never understand the mind of a Chiefs fan.
They will make the playoffs and then get beat on the road. Regardless they're much better than anything Hermie fielded and will only get better.

KcMizzou
10-17-2010, 03:15 PM
I really don't understand this thread. I mean, what were your expectations?

Because, they're exceeding mine so far... with a couple winnable games at home coming up.

I love Chiefsplanet, but it's fucking loaded with drama queens.

BigRedChief
10-17-2010, 03:17 PM
I'll still take this over getting our ass's handed to us every week.

Chiefs Rool
10-17-2010, 04:21 PM
I still have hopes and I do believe we will win the division. This team is getting better and that's important for us. We never expected to be good this year, but we are. Houston has an elite offense and they took advantage of our young safeties and couldn't get any pass rush.

Dartgod
10-17-2010, 04:23 PM
This.

teedubya
10-17-2010, 04:27 PM
I was mad for a bit, but it's my son's 9th birthday... so I couldnt really stay pissed.

On another note, I am 0-2 while watching Grandllama's stream on my phone.

Chiefs Rool
10-17-2010, 04:29 PM
I was mad for a bit, but it's my son's 9th birthday... so I couldnt really stay pissed.

On another note, I am 0-2 while watching Grandllama's stream on my phone.

So, it's you.....:grr:

58-4ever
10-17-2010, 04:29 PM

Because, they're exceeding mine so far... with a couple winnable games at home coming up.

I expect to win when we are up ten with 7 minutes to go. I don't think that is being dramatic.

Iowanian
10-17-2010, 04:33 PM
This is why the Chiefs are my bad girlfriend.

I can only hope the whore didn't bring home herpes this time.

siberian khatru
10-17-2010, 04:34 PM

I love Chiefsplanet, but it's ****ing loaded with drama queens.

Fuck you. Call me a fucking drama queen. Fuck you.

I fucking expect to win a game up 10 with 7 to play, the way we were playing.

Glad you're Mr. Fucking Sangfroid. You know me as a poster, and you call me out like that?

FUCK YOU, KCMIZZOU

KcMizzou
10-17-2010, 04:37 PM

Glad you're Mr. Fucking Sangfroid. You know me as a poster, and you call me out like that?

FUCK YOU, KCMIZZOUWell, that was entertaining. Feel better?

I'm just saying it's silly to freak out right now, one way or the other. I wasn't "calling you out".

If you look at the big picture.... the team is improving. It's hard to dispute that fact. Settle down, big fella.

KcMizzou
10-17-2010, 04:40 PM
But really, if you want to go on a balls-out intarweb rampage... feel free. I just think it's an over-reaction.

siberian khatru
10-17-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm just saying it's silly to freak out right now, one way or the other. I wasn't "calling you out".

The **** you weren't. I actually was quite calm until you pulled that shit.

Notice the thread was posted right after the game ended. You're damn right I was pissed that we shat that game away. And yes, I'll melt down on the Intrawebs after awful losses BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE INTRAWEBS ARE FOR. It's better than kicking my dogs.

Which means I don't need holier-than-thou gypsy dildo ****s telling me 2 hours later that I'm a ****ing drama queen for pulling a cyber-primal-scream therapy session.

Sorry I can't be as Spockian about it as you. Now go kiss up to some KU fans.

KcMizzou
10-17-2010, 04:50 PM
The **** you weren't. I actually was quite calm until you pulled that shit.

Notice the thread was posted right after the game ended. You're damn right I was pissed that we shat that game away. And yes, I'll melt down on the Intrawebs after awful losses BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE INTRAWEBS ARE FOR. It's better than kicking my dogs.

Which means I don't need holier-than-thou gypsy dildo ****s telling me 2 hours later that I'm a ****ing drama queen for pulling a cyber-primal-scream therapy session.

Sorry I can't be as Spockian about it as you. Now go kiss up to some KU fans.Clearly not a drama queen.

Calm the fuck down, dude.

Ebolapox
10-17-2010, 04:53 PM
shit just got real.

KcMizzou
10-17-2010, 04:58 PM
shit just got real.Not for me. The drama queen comment was meant in general... this place swings wildly from positive to negative on a game by game basis. Yes, "Fuck this team for making me care again" is a perfect example, but I didn't intend to single out Sib.

Bwana
10-17-2010, 04:59 PM
We're good bud, chill and watch them kick some ass next week. Bank on it, we'll be alright.

58-4ever
10-17-2010, 05:12 PM
We're good bud, chill and watch them kick some ass next week. Bank on it, we'll be alright.

I hope so. I'll be there! Kill the Jags!

Bwana
10-17-2010, 05:13 PM
I hope so. I'll be there! Kill the Jags!

I'm thinking about it myself. :evil:

Frazod
10-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Well, that was entertaining. Feel better?

If you look at the big picture.... the team is improving. It's hard to dispute that fact. Settle down, big fella.

How was today an improvement, Brandon? The defense reverted back to the darkest days of Greg Robinson. Our offense shit itself at the worst possible moment. And I'm thinking back to some of the worst offensive coordinators we've ever had, including Raye and Solari, and I can't think of any of them that would have been stupid enough to call for a pass on that 3rd and 2 play at the end of the game.

Today was a disaster. I can't remember the last time I was so pissed off at these life-sucking scumbags. I'd rather we lost by 100 fucking points than give - GIVE - that game away the way we did.

I think some of you have become so accustomed to losing that you no longer give a shit about winning. And I think that's a lot worse than being dramatic.

RealSNR
10-17-2010, 05:15 PM
There's nothing drama queen about this stuff.

I always laugh at comments people make on this website. "Boy, some guys sure have a difficult time acting like grown men on this website. *chuckle*"

That's because it's the internet. Text only. Expressing emotion (in this case extreme frustration) needs stronger word choice. Of course siberian wouldn't walk into a public place and yell like that. Because he doesn't need to.

People who STILL expect people to reserve themselves and speak their thoughts in a calm and polite way haven't been around around the internet very long apparently. Take away the hindrance of pride (ie speaking to people face to face) and this is what you're going to get.

And there's nothing wrong with that. And if you say there is I'll fucking kill you.

KcMizzou
10-17-2010, 05:26 PM
How was today an improvement, Brandon? The defense reverted back to the darkest days of Greg Robinson. Our offense shit itself at the worst possible moment. And I'm thinking back to some of the worst offensive coordinators we've ever had, including Raye and Solari, and I can't think of any of them that would have been stupid enough to call for a pass on that 3rd and 2 play at the end of the game.

Today was a disaster. I can't remember the last time I was so pissed off at these life-sucking scumbags. I'd rather we lost by 100 fucking points than give - GIVE - that game away the way we did.

I think some of you have become so accustomed to losing that you no longer give a shit about winning. And I think that's a lot worse than being dramatic.Oh JFC, Tim. That right there, is what I'm talking about. A HUGE overreaction.

I'm not gonna stick around all night and fight about it... so do your worst.

Frazod
10-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Oh JFC, Tim. That right there, is what I'm talking about. A HUGE overreaction.

I'm not gonna stick around all night and fight about it... so do your worst.

Hey, some of us don't mind being the Cubs of football. And some of us do.

KCrockaholic
10-17-2010, 05:38 PM
I was sitting there watching the other games, thinking this exact same thing. Then I took a NAP. And it worked....Everybody go take a NAP and you will feel like it's been about 13 hours since the game, and you will feel better.

Whoala!

58-4ever
10-17-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm thinking about it myself. :evil:

You should! I'll buy you a beer!

Bwana
10-17-2010, 05:58 PM
You should! I'll buy you a beer!

Well in that case, consider it done! Hell, far be it from me to pass up a deal like that. :thumb:

JD10367
10-17-2010, 06:18 PM
I like it better when we suck

You can always root for the Raiders or Chargers.

Dartgod
10-17-2010, 06:25 PM

FUCK YOU, KCMIZZOU

The ******** you weren't. I actually was quite calm until you pulled that shit.

Which means I don't need holier-than-thou gypsy dildo ********s telling me 2 hours later that I'm a ********ing drama queen for pulling a cyber-primal-scream therapy session.

Sorry I can't be as Spockian about it as you. Now go kiss up to some KU fans.ROFL

Bearcat
10-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Hey, some of us don't mind being the Cubs of football. And some of us do.

But, you don't go from winning 10 games in 3 seasons to being elite overnight.... people talk time and time again about being patient, then we lose a game and we're talking about GRob and Jimmy Raye?

On defense, we're talking about 4 drives in the 2nd half against an offense that has some pretty good weapons. On offense, we're talking about a handful of calls. Yeah, the defense had to make just one stop, and those calls on offense were huge, but it's not like this group of players has a long history of being in these types of situations.

I get the "**** this team for making me care again" types of posts during or right after the game, but this type of stuff happens all the time to teams with more talent, more experience, and higher expectations.

Yeah, the last two weeks have been frustrating, and if not last week, they should have won today, but let's not act like they just lost another home playoff game.

Frazod
10-17-2010, 06:49 PM
But, you don't go from winning 10 games in 3 seasons to being elite overnight.... people talk time and time again about being patient, then we lose a game and we're talking about GRob and Jimmy Raye?

On defense, we're talking about 4 drives in the 2nd half against an offense that has some pretty good weapons. On offense, we're talking about a handful of calls. Yeah, the defense had to make just one stop, and those calls on offense were huge, but it's not like this group of players has a long history of being in these types of situations.

I get the "**** this team for making me care again" types of posts during or right after the game, but this type of stuff happens all the time to teams with more talent, more experience, and higher expectations.

Yeah, the last two weeks have been frustrating, and if not last week, they should have won today, but let's not act like they just lost another home playoff game.

We did need to be "elite" to win this game.

We didn't need Joe Montana to step out of a time machine and lead us on a winning drive.

We didn't need a miracle.

We weren't up against the '85 Bears.

WE NEEDED TO RUN FOR TWO FUCKING YARDS AGAINST A HORRIBLE DEFENSE THAT WE'D OWNED ALL DAY LONG.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Has anybody ever done that better than the Chiefs?

FAX
10-17-2010, 06:53 PM
The defense took a step into the dog poop today, no question.

Still, it's very difficult to beat a team on the road in this league when the officials are this bad. We are simply not getting enough calls in our favor to keep the enemy honest.

I don't like blaming the officiating for a loss, but damn guys. This is getting ridiculous. The Mannings game was bad ... but this? It's time for Pioli to start raising hell.

FAX

Hug it Out Dan
10-17-2010, 07:13 PM
When the Chiefs lose, my mondays are just ****ing terrible, and I have a ****ing quiz to study for tomorrow.

When we fucking sucked, I expected it and usually it was just a couple days and I'd be over it.

I'm not saying we're good yet, but we're in a position to really seperate from the rest of the division and the defense shit the bed today. Just thank god the other AFCWorst teams lost today.

Losses like these (as a fan) will take til next Sunday to get over....I am just fucking pissed off about this one. I just hope this loss doesn't carry over for the players...we need a win at home next Sunday against Jax.

stevieray
10-17-2010, 07:16 PM
We did need to be "elite" to win this game.

We didn't need Joe Montana to step out of a time machine and lead us on a winning drive.

We didn't need a miracle.

We weren't up against the '85 Bears.

WE NEEDED TO RUN FOR TWO ****ING YARDS AGAINST A HORRIBLE DEFENSE THAT WE'D OWNED ALL DAY LONG.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Has anybody ever done that better than the Chiefs?

weis' playcalling definitely has had some speed bumps.

ChiTown
10-17-2010, 07:19 PM
WE NEEDED TO RUN FOR TWO ****ING YARDS AGAINST A HORRIBLE DEFENSE THAT WE'D OWNED ALL DAY LONG.

I've been thinking about this for a couple of hours. IF, if we would have run the ball and not made it on 3rd down and two, we should have just gone for it on 4th. I mean seriously, it was pretty obvious we weren't going to stop them anymore today after the end of the 3rd qtr. Our D just folded like a fucking tent. If you don't get it done on 3rd or 4th down, what's the worst that would have happened? The Texans get the ball on our half of the field and most likely leave us with a lot more time to score on Offense in the final drive. Either way, I hated the pass play call on 3rd and 2, especially when we were absolutely blasting their ass running the ball.

Psyko Tek
10-17-2010, 07:27 PM

hell I do that during the game

it's fun and then I get a nice nap

Frazod
10-17-2010, 07:29 PM
I've been thinking about this for a couple of hours. IF, if we would have run the ball and not made it on 3rd down and two, we should have just gone for it on 4th. I mean seriously, it was pretty obvious we weren't going to stop them anymore today after the end of the 3rd qtr. Our D just folded like a fucking tent. If you don't get it done on 3rd or 4th down, what's the worst that would have happened? The Texans get the ball on our half of the field and most likely leave us with a lot more time to score on Offense in the final drive. Either way, I hated the pass play call on 3rd and 2, especially when we were absolutely blasting their ass running the ball.

:clap:

Hammock Parties
10-17-2010, 07:31 PM

I think some of you have become so accustomed to losing that you no longer give a shit about winning. And I think that's a lot worse than being dramatic.

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK, BABY!!!!

GloryDayz
10-17-2010, 07:41 PM
I haven't been this mad since 2005

Chief's nation should never get over it. And, should that official ever make is way into Arrowhead, there should be a relentless chant of his name until he does something stupid. It's not like we have anything else we can do. it's not like letting him be, and writing it off to being "part of the game" is ethical. It's not part of the game, and Flowers should be able to call him out, and perhaps, challenge him to a one-on-one situation. Officials like that goofball ore the worst part of a good league, and they need to be publicly ridiculed so that they never make a bad call again.

Rain Man
10-17-2010, 10:19 PM
This game really hurt because we had it won the whole game and just went home too early. Stupid, stupid, stupid. And why the **** do we keep throwing passes on third and two? That kills me.

|Zach|
10-17-2010, 10:24 PM
We have a really young squad...they had a really bad half. I'm not really that surprised...these are exactly the kind of speed bumps I thought everyone expected in the span of this season with our defense loaded with rookies and our 2nd year head coach.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2010, 10:24 PM
This game really hurt because we had it won the whole game and just went home too early. Stupid, stupid, stupid. And why the **** do we keep throwing passes on third and two? That kills me.

Because it was, uh, working.

3-2 (12:20) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel left end to HST 42 for 8 yards (56-B.Cushing).

4-2-HOU 17 (8:27) 7-M.Cassel pass incomplete short middle to 10-T.Copper. PENALTY on HST-25-K.Jackson, Defensive Pass Interference, 6 yards, enforced at HST 17 - No Play.

4-1-HOU 2 (6:30) 7-M.Cassel pass short right to 50-M.Vrabel for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

3-3-KC 45 (10:26) 7-M.Cassel pass short right to 82-D.Bowe to HST 48 for 7 yards (53-D.Nixon).

3-2-KC 38 (11:16) 7-M.Cassel pass short middle to 82-D.Bowe to KC 47 for 9 yards (26-E.Wilson).

Until....

3-2-KC 41 (2:36) 7-M.Cassel pass incomplete deep left to 81-T.Moeaki.

:facepalm:

ChiTown
10-18-2010, 06:46 AM
Because it was, uh, working.

3-2 (12:20) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel left end to HST 42 for 8 yards (56-B.Cushing).

4-2-HOU 17 (8:27) 7-M.Cassel pass incomplete short middle to 10-T.Copper. PENALTY on HST-25-K.Jackson, Defensive Pass Interference, 6 yards, enforced at HST 17 - No Play.

4-1-HOU 2 (6:30) 7-M.Cassel pass short right to 50-M.Vrabel for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

3-3-KC 45 (10:26) 7-M.Cassel pass short right to 82-D.Bowe to HST 48 for 7 yards (53-D.Nixon).

3-2-KC 38 (11:16) 7-M.Cassel pass short middle to 82-D.Bowe to KC 47 for 9 yards (26-E.Wilson).

Until....

3-2-KC 41 (2:36) 7-M.Cassel pass incomplete deep left to 81-T.Moeaki.

:facepalm:

Not in that situation. Run the ball. If we get it, great. If not, go for it. The Texans were going to score a TD no matter what. That was obvious to anyone with active brain cell that saw how F'd our D was, and how well the Texans were clicking. Run it, run it, run it and run it, until they prove they can stop it. EVEN if you decide to pass it, why the F!!!!!! do you have Cassel running to his right and throwing all the way across his body 20 yards down field on a 3rd and 2? Why not throw a quick cross pattern (drag play) to Moeaki over the middle? Seriously, that was the worst fucking 3rd and 2 play of all time. Fuck Weiss and Haley for even going that route.

MOhillbilly
10-18-2010, 07:20 AM
i thought kc played a pretty good game yesterday. the white dudes and revolving door at safety are hurting the D. lots of things need tweaked but on a whole i didnt see anything that made me think 'yep this team sucks, i hate em'.

mikey23545
10-18-2010, 07:30 AM
I don't understand why people who don't give a shit if the Chiefs lose even bother watching the game...Do you really call yourself a fan if you are so unmoved by a gut-wrenching defeat that you go on a fan board a few minutes after the defeat and start lecturing others about being "drama queens"?

It's Monday morning and I still have that sickening, sucker-punched feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I'm sure I will continue having it most of the week.

As Siberian said, fuck this team for making me care again.

MOhillbilly
10-18-2010, 07:39 AM
I don't understand why people who don't give a shit if the Chiefs lose even bother watching the game...Do you really call yourself a fan if you are so unmoved by a gut-wrenching defeat that you go on a fan board a few minutes after the defeat and start lecturing others about being "drama queens"?

It's Monday morning and I still have that sickening, sucker-punched feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I'm sure I will continue having it most of the week.

As Siberian said, **** this team for making me care again.

throw a high life through the tv, then get back to us.

Baby Lee
10-18-2010, 07:57 AM
In the interest of 'always look[ing] on the briiight si-ide of life [dah dum, dah deedle deedle dee];

I really hope this loss nets positive for the team, and I think it can. We could very possibly have been 5-0 right now, but we could also be a very young 5-0 team that thinks their shit doesn't stink. Maybe if this game sets firmly in their young minds that you can do a lot of good things and play what you think is your very best and still lose if you break attention even for a moment, we'll get some more committed and mentally tough players.

I'm getting visions of the team's 'stars' buckling down, Flowers running coverages an hour longer, DJ doing a couple more reps in the weight room, Bowe spending a little longer with the Juggs machine, each with a slow burn of regret and slight wince of missed opportunities pushing them on.

siberian khatru
10-18-2010, 08:16 AM
The thread that wouldn't die!

Just so's it's clear: I am not down on the team. I am not giving up. Being pissed about that loss is a GOOD thing. It's GOOD that they have me caring again. I don't remember the last time I carried a loss into Monday. It hurts, but it also makes me feel like a fan again. It sucks being numbed to defeats.

From my standpoint, the harder the defeats hurt, the greater the victories will feel. I'm not going to apologize for the extremes. I'm not going to shrug off tough losses and golf clap at big victories. That's just not how I roll.

And I think there's a big difference between saying "This defeat hurts like hell" and "**** it, fire everyone [Gary Oldman: "EVERYONE!"]." The latter is not what I'm doing here.

So, to reiterate: Damn them for blowing a winnable game in Houston in excruciating fashion. Now, let's beat Jacksonville.

:)

Iowanian
10-18-2010, 08:21 AM
After a little sleep it's clearer.

If you had told me in August that the Chiefs would be 3-2 and winning the afcw right now, I'd have taken that bet, because the W-L is better than I expected.

The only reason the last 2 weeks have hurt is that the Chiefs had a real chance at winning.
The Defense needed to make 1 stop, the offense needed 1 more first down with less than 3 minutes to go. The wrong calls on the defensive encroachment and PI didn't make it easier, but the Chiefs still had a chance to make game winning plays on both sides of the ball.

the next few games should be considered winnable if the team is worth a damn....

I'm just glad my bad girlfriend has been at least giving me reason to believe she won't always be a filthy, heart breaking whore....she tried to be faithful yesterday, I guess that is all I can ask for now.

Bearcat
10-18-2010, 08:45 AM

As Siberian said, **** this team for making me care again.

It is possible to care without wanting to kick the dog at the end of the game or feeling sick about it for a week. I was in your shoes when I was in college, and people on here like Dartgod would (from my perspective) act like they didn't care and I'd say the same stuff.... then the Chiefs lost to the Colts and the Jayhawks lost to Syracuse within a year of each other, and I thought, this is f***ing stupid.

So, I still yell at the tv and get frustrated when they make mistakes, I still scream as loud as possible when I'm at Arrowhead, I still think about what could have been after the bad losses (not so much yesterday, thinking more like KU/UNI)... then, when the game is over, I get on with my life and the stuff I can control.

I don't think anyone should have to apologize for being angry after a loss, unless you throw a beer into someone's tv, and like siberian said, it's good to care enough again to look forward to the game every week and to get angry when they lose. OTOH, there's no point in letting any loss, much less one in October, wreck your week, but I've been there so I'm not here to judge. ;)

InChiefsHeaven
10-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Bearcat's right. I was good and pissed for about an hour or so after the game. Then, I just had to let it go. Watching the Huskers shit the bed at home, then the Chiefs have a heartbreaking loss, this kind of weekend used to ruin my whole week. Now, it's Monday, I have my opinions, but it's not the end of the world. It CAN'T be. I understand those who carry it longer, like I said I used to be that guy too. All I can say is, hopefully at some point you'll learn to let it go more quickly.

Otter
10-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Their pretty much doing exactly what I expected at this point. Actually, they're above expectations despite dropping 2 in a row.

If they pick up a QB in the first round next years draft I'll be walking around with a perma-feather stuck up my ass.

Coogs
10-18-2010, 10:12 AM
I'd actually like to thank this team for making my son care again. He is only 12, and was a big Chiefs fan with Dante Hall being his favorite player in the NFL. The Chiefs lost him at 9 or 10 with their suckage, and this team has won him over again. It feels good to have my son wanting to watch the Chiefs games with me again.

So thank you to Haley, for making my son care about this team again. As for me, I have always cared since I was about 12 as well... way back in the day! Hope my son gets to see a couple of Super Bowls like I did, and I can be there to enjoy them with him! :toast:

FAX
10-18-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm still recovering ... from the loss to the Mannings. Then, they jam this turd in my eye socket.

I hate everybody today. Especially Mr. the Talking Can and Mr. Mr. Flopnuts and Mr. Simply Red. And Casswipe. And Pioli. And Gary Kubiak.

FAX

Dartgod
10-18-2010, 10:21 AM
It is possible to care without wanting to kick the dog at the end of the game or feeling sick about it for a week. I was in your shoes when I was in college, and people on here like Dartgod would (from my perspective) act like they didn't care and I'd say the same stuff.... then the Chiefs lost to the Colts and the Jayhawks lost to Syracuse within a year of each other, and I thought, this is f***ing stupid.
I used to be bad. Losses would ruin my entire week. I'd get pissed, break things, etc.

One day I decided its not worth it anymore. I'm still as much a fan as I always was, but in the end, football is entertainment and in the big picture just isn't that important to my mental well-being.