PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This is the team we are, right now

cdcox
10-17-2010, 02:14 PM
So Cassel has his best 3-1/2 quarters as Chief and we lose.

I'm not going to blame the refs -- crap calls happen every game.

I'm not going to blame Haley. This is his coaching style. It is who he is. Sometimes we'll benefit from his decisions and sometimes they will bite us in the back. But I think this is the best coached Chiefs team I've ever seen.

I'm not going to blame the defense. They just got owned today. I was worried about facing a multi-dimensional team. We've been taking away weapons all year, but Houston just had too many of them. Their offense is just too much for our defense based on where it is right now.

We just got beat today. A few breaks go our way and we could have won. I think we play the Texans 10 times and they beat us 7 or 8.

We are an improving team, but we aren't there yet. Plenty of work to do on both sides of the ball.

</post>
10-17-2010, 02:15 PM
We need some additional pass rush that's for damn sure.

dochief
10-17-2010, 02:16 PM
need a q-back

Baby Lee
10-17-2010, 02:16 PM
It is never too much to ask a team to hold onto a 14 point lead.

siberian khatru
10-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Up 31-21 with 7 minutes to play and a ground game that is owning, I expect to win.

cdcox
10-17-2010, 02:18 PM
It is never too much to ask a team to hold onto a 14 point lead.

Our defense isn't good enough to expect that against a multidimensional offense that is clicking like Houston was today. In fact, we haven't had a defense strong enough to do that in 10+ years.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-17-2010, 02:19 PM

I'm not going to blame Haley. This is his coaching style. It is who he is. Sometimes we'll benefit from his decisions and sometimes they will bite us in the back. But I think this is the best coached Chiefs team I've ever seen.

I'm not going to blame the defense. They just got owned today. I was worried about facing a multi-dimensional team. We've been taking away weapons all year, but Houston just had too many of them. Their offense is just too much for our defense based on where it is right now.

We just got beat today. A few breaks go our way and we could have won. I think we play the Texans 10 times and they beat us 7 or 8.

We are an improving team, but we aren't there yet. Plenty of work to do on both sides of the ball.

The Chiefs held the lead for nearly the entire game until less than a minute. And, you think the Texans beat the Chiefs 7 times out of ten?

Hmmm.

Frankly, I didn't see the game yet. I was at my in laws and they didn't have it there.

But, from what I could tell, the Chiefs played them very well on the road at their stadium.

10 times on neutral field, or 10 times home and home, I probably go 50/50.

JMO.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Realistically we're not talented enough to beat playoff contenders on the road.

We only have one pass rusher, and he disappeared today.

We only had one receiver today. Clearly that wasn't enough.

We have a lot of youth on both sides of the ball.

We're going to lose games like this until we get a better quarterback who can pick up some of the slack.

jbwm89
10-17-2010, 02:24 PM
I hate the third down play call. not that it was a pass just the only real target on that play was moeki throwing across the field

ElGringo
10-17-2010, 02:27 PM
I say the Chiefs win this game 8 out of 10 times.

suds79
10-17-2010, 02:29 PM
I hate the third down play call. not that it was a pass just the only real target on that play was moeki throwing across the field

I honestly was expecting the Chiefs to run it there 2 times in a row to get that first and seal the game.

But didn't happen.

suds79
10-17-2010, 02:30 PM
I say the Chiefs win this game 8 out of 10 times.

Not if our defense plays like it did today in those other games.

Defense was pathetic today. Couldn't stop the run. Couldn't get to the QB who had all day to throw.

58-4ever
10-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Up 31-21 with 7 minutes to play and a ground game that is owning, I expect to win.

Yup. What a fucking joke.

cdcox
10-17-2010, 02:31 PM
On the road we lose 7 or 8 out of 10.

Cassel would have a game like today maybe one of those times. He'd play not terrible another 5 times.

We were better running the ball than I expected against their defense. I don't think we do that every game, but we'd get our yards more often than not.

Our defense wouldn't play as bad as today every game, but I doubt we would hold them under 24 more than a couple times.

notorious
10-17-2010, 02:32 PM

Mother Fucking This

Frankie
10-17-2010, 02:33 PM

Yeah but as crap calls go this was a masterpiece.

Frankie
10-17-2010, 02:35 PM
I honestly was expecting the Chiefs to run it there 2 times in a row to get that first and seal the game.

But didn't happen.

Me too.

HBKChiefs
I agree with the OP. We simply got beat in the end today. That's it. The PI call was BS, the coaching was risky, but in the end OUR TEAM FAULTERED. We failed to win this game. The defense FAILED to play a full 60 minutes. Moving on...

ILikeBigTiddys
Everyone needs to pipe down. We are not that good. Expect to lose alot more

runnercyclist
10-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Romeo was outcoached today. First time as a Chief. That being said, I am proud of our guys and the zeebs didnt help. Cassel played well enough to win.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Two things would have saved today's game:

A pass rusher who can make a play at a key moment
A quarterback who can make a play at a key moment

This was exactly the kind of game I don't want to see, where they dink and dunk to a whopping 200 yards and it looks wonderful on paper because Cassel didn't throw any picks. We did not score 31 points because of Cassel, we scored 31 points because of 228 yards running the ball. Put a quarterback behind center that can do more than dump the ball to backs and throw 5 yard crossing routes and we probably score 45, instead of failing to execute in the red zone in the fourth quarter or failing to get a single first down with 3:30 to go, the lead and an opportunity to put the game away, and then failing to do anything at the end of the game.

The real difference in today's game was that the Texans had Matt Schaub at quarterback, and he did all the things that Matt Cassel can't. Because their defense sure didn't do anything. Charles and Jones ran over them like they weren't even on the field. But they had something that we didn't, and that's a quarterback that can make big plays with the game on the line.

Which is not to say that our defense didn't completely shit the bed in the second half. Dorsey and Hali looked like the 2008 versions of themselves when the game mattered. That was a game that, much like the quarterback, a single game-changing play from either one of them would have been the difference. And neither one of them could do a fucking thing.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-17-2010, 02:45 PM

Defense gave up a 21 point 4th quarter.

Frankie
10-17-2010, 02:45 PM

A pass rusher who can make a play at a key momentA quarterback who can make a play at a key moment

Dorsey and Hali looked like the 2008 versions of themselves when the game mattered.

The highlighted parts are related.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 02:54 PM
The highlighted parts are related.That might just possibly have been my point.

Gary
10-17-2010, 03:09 PM

A pass rusher who can make a play at a key moment
A quarterback who can make a play at a key moment

This was exactly the kind of game I don't want to see, where they dink and dunk to a whopping 200 yards and it looks wonderful on paper because Cassel didn't throw any picks. We did not score 31 points because of Cassel, we scored 31 points because of 228 yards running the ball. Put a quarterback behind center that can do more than dump the ball to backs and throw 5 yard crossing routes and we probably score 45, instead of failing to execute in the red zone in the fourth quarter or failing to get a single first down with 3:30 to go, the lead and an opportunity to put the game away, and then failing to do anything at the end of the game.

The real difference in today's game was that the Texans had Matt Schaub at quarterback, and he did all the things that Matt Cassel can't. Because their defense sure didn't do anything. Charles and Jones ran over them like they weren't even on the field. But they had something that we didn't, and that's a quarterback that can make big plays with the game on the line.

Which is not to say that our defense didn't completely shit the bed in the second half. Dorsey and Hali looked like the 2008 versions of themselves when the game mattered. That was a game that, much like the quarterback, a single game-changing play from either one of them would have been the difference. And neither one of them could do a fucking thing.

This. And our QB is the least sacked QB in the NFL(going into this game)...Yet he is 30th in pass completion %, 28th in passing yards, and 25th in QB rating.