PDA

View Full Version : Football I, for one, am proud of my team.

runnercyclist
10-17-2010, 02:43 PM
I"m sure I'll get neg repped and flamed for this post but...

I, for one, am proud of our team. We played well today. That is one hell of an offense. Best WR in football. Leading rusher in the nfl (which we shut down for the most part), and a very good QB.

Thia game was fun to eatch and kept me on the edge of my seat.

We are not a top caliber team...yet. But we are improving.

Go Chiefs!

Deberg_1990
10-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Hooray! Another moral victory!!

Hammock Parties
10-17-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm pretty proud too. We proved a lot today. We'll probably make the playoffs this year.

AND THEN GET OUR HEARTS RIPPED OUT AND STOMPED ON BY A TEAM WITH A QUARTERBACK!

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Yeah. We just need to continue losing so we can draft another Tyson Jackson

Bwana
Hmm, well we are back at Arrowhead next weekend and we will start winning again. This team is a hell of a lot better than it has been in years, I will say that.

Chiefs!

runnercyclist
I'm pretty proud too. We proved a lot today. We'll probably make the playoffs this year.

AND THEN GET OUR HEARTS RIPPED OUT AND STOMPED ON BY A TEAM WITH A QUARTERBACK!

Beats the shit out of 2-14 or 4-12

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 02:49 PM
We need to trade for Favre

KcMizzou
10-17-2010, 02:49 PM

I, for one, am proud of our team. We played well today. That is one hell of an offense. Best WR in football. Leading rusher in the nfl (which we shut down for the most part), and a very good QB.

Go Chiefs!I'm right there with ya.

Some of these douchebags have no patience.

Baby Lee
10-17-2010, 02:50 PM
I love my dead gay son!!!

Bambi
10-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Me too.

The Chiefs are soooooooo not close to being good.

Today was a positive step.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2010, 02:53 PM
We had that game in the bag and blew it at the end. I think the team is headed in the right direction and should continue to improve, so I'm just trying to enjoy it. Life's tough enough without getting worked up about a team, who's played light year's beyond, where I thought they'd be right now. The loss sucks, but I think our team can actually gain some positive things from this game.

KcMizzou
I particularly loved Flower's fire after that bullshit PI call. He got fucked, he knew it.. and he let the ref know it. At that point, he wasn't getting back on the field, so he might as well let it rip... short of getting a suspension.

BigChiefFan
We had that game in the bag and blew it at the end. I think the team is headed in the right direction and should continue to improve, so I'm just trying to enjoy it. Life's tough enough without getting worked up about a team, who's played light year's beyond, where I thought they'd be right now. The loss sucks, but I think our team can actually gain some positive things from this game.

Bambi
10-17-2010, 02:55 PM
I particularly loved Flower's fire after that bullshit PI call. He got ****ed, he knew it.. and he let the ref know it. At that point, he wasn't getting back on the field, so he might as well let it rip... short of getting a suspension.

They would have ejected him for that....

...had he been wrong.

MichaelH
10-17-2010, 02:55 PM
I think they played a lot better than they would have a year ago. Last year the score would have been 41-3 and we'd be bitching because we suck.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I thought they would get blown out, so I'm satisfied in that sense, but there's no way on earth I will ever be proud of giving away a game like that. That was an epic instance of pulling defeat from the jaws of victory, and I hope to christ it won't mark the point in the season where momentum turns. But I'm afraid that it will, because the Chiefs are traditionally a team that does not know how to win, and traditionally a team that is waiting for the other shoe to drop. And now the other shoe has dropped. Next week's game is huge for them. If they're going to be any good this year, they have to come out and make a statement. Lose next week and it's probably time to start talking 2011 draft.

KcMizzou
10-17-2010, 02:58 PM
I think they played a lot better than they would have a year ago. Last year the score would have been 41-3 and we'd be bitching because we suck.That's the thing, they're good now. Not great, but good. And they get pissed about losing. Progress.

runnercyclist
They would have ejected him for that....

...had he been wrong.

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Fritz88
We need to trade for Favre

I am going to make sure to give him a blackberry and a bottle of vodka.

KcMizzou
10-17-2010, 02:59 PM
I thought they would get blown out, so I'm satisfied in that sense, but there's no way on earth I will ever be proud of giving away a game like that. That was an epic instance of pulling defeat from the jaws of victory, and I hope to christ it won't mark the point in the season where momentum turns. But I'm afraid that it will, because the Chiefs are traditionally a team that does not know how to win, and traditionally a team that is waiting for the other shoe to drop. And now the other shoe has dropped. Next week's game is huge for them. If they're going to be any good this year, they have to come out and make a statement. Lose next week and it's probably time to start talking 2011 draft.I'm confident they win next week at home.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm confident they win next week at home.That makes one of us.

Jacksonville is going to give us trouble.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2010, 03:01 PM
That makes one of us.

Jacksonville is going to give us trouble.

Jacksonville can't stop the pass, either.

Cassel will go off for 200 yards.

JoeyChuckles
10-17-2010, 03:02 PM
So I leave for 30 minutes and suddenly this site is all positive? What gives?

Mama Hip Rockets
10-17-2010, 03:02 PM
We need to trade for Vick or Kolb.

FYP

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 03:03 PM

Cassel will go off for 200 yards.122 rating!

mlyonsd
10-17-2010, 03:04 PM
They're into the second year of a completely new regime. I think they've come a long way.

It was a tough loss but you have to admit they're moving in the right direction.

KcMizzou
10-17-2010, 03:06 PM

Cassel will go off for 200 yards.I figure the home crowd will help the D more than the O.

All things considered I expect a win.

Some of you motherfuckers are very quick to jump off the cliff. This is a good, solid team.

HBKChiefs
10-17-2010, 03:06 PM
I hate moral victories but I'm thrilled with the talent and progress Im seeing this season. I'll take this over the last 3 seasons every single time. Im proud of this team and I only think they will get better throughout the year. Hopefully they'll have it all figured out going into the playoff run. 2-3 years this will be an elite NFL team in the hunt for a Super Bowl birth.

Fish
10-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Overall, we're improving every game in some way. Much much more than in previous seasons. Actual steady improvement in many areas. We're ahead of expectations in many areas.

We have a shitload to be proud of on this team right now. Go Chiefs!

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 03:07 PM
I figure the home crowd will help the D more than the O.

All things considered I expect a win.

Some of you mother****ers are very quick to jump off the cliff. This is a good, solid team.Well, I've picked them to lose every game this year, and that's not changing soon.

It's worked 3 out of 5 times!

chris
10-17-2010, 03:10 PM

Go Chiefs!

Rep!

As much as I hate losing, we are making significant progress. How many picked us to be 3-2 at this point??????

As like last week, this was a Team-wide loss, not just one or two players or one or two plays.

You can't build a winning superbowl Team overnight. I will be pleased with one playoff win this year. We have too many holes to fix this year.

OL and DL still need more upgrading; a OLB pass rushing draft stud would help. And our very young starters will continue to improve.

Sorta nice this week not to have the "NFL experts" CP complaining about Cassel. But I'm sure that will commence again next week.

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 03:12 PM
I will be pleased with one playoff win this year. We have too many holes to fix this year.Wait, what?

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 03:15 PM
We're not making the playoffs dude

chris
10-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Wait, what?

I know, the P word. (Mora anyone?)

After 5 games, I've gone from 8-8........to wining the AFC West. SD lost again today.

My simple goal for this Team is win a playoff game this year. Anything more than than is outside my comprehension.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2010, 03:20 PM
I know, the P word. (Mora anyone?)

After 5 games, I've gone from 8-8........to wining the AFC West. SD lost again today.

My simple goal for this Team is win a playoff game this year. Anything more than than is outside my comprehension.

Dude, you need to pray. Pray hard.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Some of you motherfuckers are very quick to jump off the cliff. This is a good, solid team.

Good, solid teams I've rooted for:

1995 Chiefs
1997 Chiefs
2003 Chiefs
2006 Chiefs (semi-solid)

runnercyclist
10-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Easy guys...we are young. Isn't that nice? We are going to improve. Cassel will even get better. He showed signs of it today. Berry can play A LOT better. So can Carr.

KcMizzou
10-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Good, solid teams I've rooted for:

1995 Chiefs
1997 Chiefs
2003 Chiefs
2006 Chiefs (semi-solid)I think they're better, and headed in the right direction... that's all. Do we disagree?

keg in kc
10-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Easy guys...we are young. Isn't that nice? We are going to improve. Cassel will even get better. He showed signs of it today. Berry can play A LOT better. So can Carr.I'm with you on everything but Cassel. The Houston game was his ceiling. When he's on his A game, like today, he's just good enough to keep you in a game if you can completely martyball it, run the ball at will and ask him not to turn it over. But he's not somebody who's going to make that key play at the end that wins the game. I wish he was, but he's not.

MichaelH
10-17-2010, 03:39 PM
I think they're better, and headed in the right direction... that's all. Do we disagree?

We're better on all three sides of the ball. Something 1995 Chiefs, 1997 Chiefs, 2003 Chiefs & 2006 Chiefs couldn't say. There was never any balance. Good defense and lousy offense. Or the ability to score 45 points and lose a game. This team will be better.

KcMizzou
10-17-2010, 03:42 PM
We're better on all three sides of the ball. Something 1995 Chiefs, 1997 Chiefs, 2003 Chiefs & 2006 Chiefs couldn't say. There was never any balance. Good defense and lousy offense. Or the ability to score 45 points and lose a game. This team will be better.I'm not even saying that. Just that they're a lot better than last season. They're improving. That's all.

bevischief
10-17-2010, 03:44 PM
The last 2 weeks were a rough stretch, lets see next week brings...

Red Dawg
10-17-2010, 03:45 PM
I think they played a lot better than they would have a year ago. Last year the score would have been 41-3 and we'd be bitching because we suck.

Totally. This team will be really good very soon. Got some easier teams coming up. We should win the next two.

runnercyclist
10-17-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm with you on everything but Cassel. The Houston game was his ceiling. When he's on his A game, like today, he's just good enough to keep you in a game if you can completely martyball it, run the ball at will and ask him not to turn it over. But he's not somebody who's going to make that key play at the end that wins the game. I wish he was, but he's not.

Maybe. I certainly wouldn't lobby hard for his "tremendous upside". However, I think he is smart, dedicated, committed, and cool. He DEFINITELY lacks experience.

You have to ask yourself what did two franchises see in a career backup with no experience?

I think he can be the bridge to our QBOTF.