PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs "Brandon Flowers got screwed by Ron Winters and his crew"

Farzin
10-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Someone made a group page on this, thought I'd share it..

:mad::cuss:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brandon-Flowers-got-screwed-by-Ron-Winters-and-his-crew/122606617796194?ref=mf

KC kid
10-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Seriously, the call was meaningless. It should have been a no call, but the ball was caught anyway

milkman
10-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Seriously, the call was meaningless. It should have been a no call, but the ball was caught anyway

Given the OPI calls in the Jet-Donkey game, I am not as sure about that play as I was earlier.

At the end of the day, though, I never expect the DB to get that call.

Those calls in the Jets-Donkey game were extreme aberations, and ironical(sic) given our game.

petegz28
10-17-2010, 05:26 PM
The 2 other non-calls hurt worse. The fail to call holding as Hali was having his jersey yanked off of him and the fail to call OPI in the endzone on the 1st score

ChiefaRoo
10-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Houston guy pushed off. That's supposed to be OPI. Not saying it was the ballgame but it set the momentum firmly in Houston's favor.

penguinz
10-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Houston guy pushed off. That's supposed to be OPI. Not saying it was the ballgame but it set the momentum firmly in Houston's favor.Are yo sure about that?

Kerberos
10-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Houston guy pushed off. That's supposed to be OPI. Not saying it was the ballgame but it set the momentum firmly in Houston's favor.

Are yo sure about that?

Once you get the head in...momentum will take you the rest of the way.

:D

MOhillbilly
10-18-2010, 12:41 PM
flowers was pushed hard enough he lost his balance and couldnt make a play.

Fuck that!

InChiefsHeaven
10-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Yes, it was a bad call. No, I'm not going to join a fucking facebook page dedicated to it. Get...the fuck...over it... :spock:

Frazod
10-18-2010, 12:49 PM
I'll happily join the group "WEIS SHOULD HAVE CALLED A RUNNING PLAY."

Pants
10-18-2010, 12:55 PM
I'll happily join the group "WEIS SHOULD HAVE CALLED A RUNNING PLAY."

Dude, how many times do you have to be told that:

a) short running plays to convert 3rd and short had failed us on every previous attempt (resulting in 4th downs that we decided to go on)

b) passing plays on 3rd and short had worked ALL DAY?

Frazod
10-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Dude, how many times do you have to be told that:

a) short running plays to convert 3rd and short had failed us on every previous attempt (resulting in 4th downs that we decided to go on)

b) passing plays on 3rd and short had worked ALL DAY?

I don't know. How many times do you idiots need to be told that Charles is the GO TO GUY and Cassel ALWAYS CHOKES?

This wasn't 3rd and 2 with 8:00 minutes to go in the 1st quarter.

Pants
10-18-2010, 01:38 PM
I don't know. How many times do you idiots need to be told that Charles is the GO TO GUY and Cassel ALWAYS CHOKES?

This wasn't 3rd and 2 with 8:00 minutes to go in the 1st quarter.

So you're saying we shouldn't trust our 60 million man to convert a 3rd and 2 through the air? Touche.

Frazod
10-18-2010, 01:43 PM
So you're saying we shouldn't trust our 60 million man to convert a 3rd and 2 through the air? Touche.

When the game's on the line. YES, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M SAYING.

Bowser
10-18-2010, 01:59 PM
If Cassel would have just glanced Bowe's way on the 3rd and 2......

Dartgod
10-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Right, because 3 consecutive TD drive does not momentum make. :rolleyes:

The Bad Guy
10-18-2010, 02:40 PM

Yes, 3rd and 20 on your own 35 is meaningless in the scope of a game.

The rule should have been enforced. It wasn't. To add salt to the wound, Flowers was flagged.

Meaningless? Get the fuck out of here.

The Bad Guy
10-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Right, because 3 consecutive TD drive does not momentum make. :rolleyes:

I know i'm pissing in the wind here, but if that call is called correctly, that momentum is pretty much gone.

Frazod
10-18-2010, 02:54 PM
I know i'm pissing in the wind here, but if that call is called correctly, that momentum is pretty much gone.

It wouldn't have mattered. He was hitting EVERYBODY he threw at. If he'd needed 20 yards, he would have got 25, then picked up the rest on the next play. Might have taken a few seconds longer is all.

The game was over the minute we punted.

The Bad Guy
10-18-2010, 02:55 PM
It wouldn't have mattered. He was hitting EVERYBODY he threw at. If he'd needed 20 yards, he would have got 25, then picked up the rest on the next play. Might have taken a few seconds longer is all.

The game was over the minute we punted.

We can agree to disagree.

Frazod
10-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Our defense wasn't going to stop shit, penalty or no penalty. They were every bit as whipped, beaten and lost as Greg Robinson's detards in the 2003 playoff loss, and they had been for the entire quarter.

You just don't put the game in the hands of a unit that has completely, utterly and totally collapsed.

suds79
10-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Just such a loser mentality to still be b!tching about the refs.

Being here in Lincoln I heard a lot of Husker fans doing the same thing.

"refs screwed us". Losers. The game wasn't on that one play.

lame

chiefzilla1501
10-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Just such a loser mentality to still be b!tching about the refs.

Being here in Lincoln I heard a lot of Husker fans doing the same thing.

"refs screwed us". Losers. The game wasn't on that one play.

lame

I understand the mentality.

But the mistake was a 41-yard mistake for one, and it put the Texans in game-tying field goal range.

There are bad calls, and there are bad calls that greatly affect the circumstance at key moments in the game. That was one of them.

The Chiefs should have still held them. But even if the Chiefs held Houston, they would have done their jobs and potentially lost the lead b/c of a dumb call by the ref.

chiefzilla1501
10-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Our defense wasn't going to stop shit, penalty or no penalty. They were every bit as whipped, beaten and lost as Greg Robinson's detards in the 2003 playoff loss, and they had been for the entire quarter.

You just don't put the game in the hands of a unit that has completely, utterly and totally collapsed.

Regardless of whether we stopped shit or not, the call completely changed the fate of our last drive. It moved from a desperation 1st and 20 situation to a "play for a better field goal" situation.

If they call the OPI, the Texans have to drive about 35 yards to even get into Neil Rackers field goal range with less than 2 minutes to go. Who knows if that leads to one reckless turnover or a sack on a desperate QB. Or if they get into field goal range and Rackers, not exactly a clutch kicker, whiffs.

I'm not going to say this was the only reason we lost. But fuck did it affect our ability to close out on the last defensive drive.

Mi_chief_fan
10-18-2010, 05:19 PM
This is funny stuff.....