PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Another bright note....

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-18-2010, 08:20 AM
We have played 3 of the top 4 ranked Offenses.

1)San Diego
2)Indy
4)Houston

And our D is still ranked #10

Yes we lost two of those but you can honestly say BOTH those losses could have been wins if ONE play had been made differently. Bowes drop at Indy and Cassels errant throw to Moeki at Houston.

Oh yes and those two were road games

HonestChieffan
10-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Trying to put a positive spin on this will not end well. Its accepted behavior to wish all bad things possible on whoever you see as the bad guys when we lose and stay po'ed till Wednesday. Get your head right.

The munchkins who live in the arrowhead underworld will be hard at work to bring negative karma on the next opponent.

Bane
10-18-2010, 08:42 AM
The loss didn't piss me off as much as normal,and I'm not real sure why.

bkkcoh
10-18-2010, 08:58 AM
I think it can be shown that we can hang with the best offenses. The defense has to be able to make a stop, but they aren't typically going to be blown out any more, barring a major injury.

BigMeatballDave
10-18-2010, 09:07 AM
They way they were shredded yesterday, I'm fearful of Denvers passing game.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-18-2010, 09:12 AM
I forgot how it felt to lose key games like this, im prolly gonna be pissed til at least wednesday

InChiefsHeaven
10-18-2010, 09:18 AM
It was indeed strange to be pissed off so bad at a loss...I've become numb for 3 seasons. The positive thing is that the team is actually competitive, and COULD have won in both of our losses.

In other words, we actually have a right to be pissed, instead of total futility, we are actually beating ourselves. Iron that shit out and we have a serious playoff contender, one that might actually be able to win a playoff game.

Chief Henry
10-18-2010, 09:45 AM
The loss didn't piss me off as much as normal,and I'm not real sure why.

Same with me...I didn't feel like kicking the cat at the end of the game.

I see tons of improvement from this team. In previous years our team would have gotten thrashed in that setting, especially under the Herman Edwards era.

We should have won that game, but we didn't. I see lots of good coming out of this franchise. Pioli and Hailey are head and shoulders better than
what we had.

Our defensive line could not get close to Shaub when it needed too and to me that was the differance.

If our team keeps playing the way it is, we'll be 4-2 after the Buffalo game.

ModSocks
10-18-2010, 09:57 AM
They way they were shredded yesterday, I'm fearful of Denvers passing game.

I dont think so. I think we match up well with Denver. Arenas matches up well with Royal and Carr and Flowers match up well with Gaffney and Lloyd.

And they have no running game or TE.

Houston was the game I was most afraid of this season and we hung in there. Houston has everything.

Star Wr, good Supporting Wr's, good TE and a good running game. They're probably the hardest team to defend that we have on our schedule.

Coogs
10-18-2010, 09:59 AM

I see tons of improvement from this team. In previous years our team would have gotten thrashed in that setting, especially under the Herman Edwards era.

We should have won that game, but we didn't. I see lots of good coming out of this franchise. Pioli and Hailey are head and shoulders better than
what we had.

Our defensive line could not get close to Shaub when it needed too and to me that was the differance.

I agree. These two road games have me believing that every one of our home games has a real good chance of going in the win column. If that happens, we are at the worst 9-7. And, with the three performances we turned in on the road already this season, I believe we will have a shot to win another game or two on the road.

We may not do any of those things, but for now all of that looks possible. A month ago, that would have been a pipe dream at best.

jak112460
10-18-2010, 10:13 AM
I think it can be shown that we can hang with the best offenses. The defense has to be able to make a stop, but they aren't typically going to be blown out any more, barring a major injury.

It shows the team is still young. It's on the upswing.

HonestChieffan
10-18-2010, 03:01 PM
You have no faith in the arrowhead underworld. Don't you know the power of the small ones?

Reerun_KC
10-18-2010, 03:05 PM
We have played 3 of the top 4 ranked Offenses.

1)San Diego
2)Indy
4)Houston

And our D is still ranked #10

Yes we lost two of those but you can honestly say BOTH those losses could have been wins if ONE play had been made differently. Bowes drop at Indy and Cassels errant throw to Moeki at Houston.

Oh yes and those two were road games

That one pisses me off, I cant understand what route would have a TE running down the field backwards?

WTF Mate!!!!

beach tribe
10-18-2010, 03:14 PM

what we had.

I'm too happy with the progress they've made/are making to be extremely upset over games like this. Houston, and Indy, are both top teams, with great offenses. I expected to lose both, and get blown out in one or the other. By the end of the season, no one in the league will want to play us, and coming to Arrowhead, is going to be one of the toughest wins in the league for the next half decade or longer.

Baby Lee
10-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Surprised no one has said it, but I'm much more concerned about how we will fare against top defenses.

Mr. Laz
10-18-2010, 05:02 PM
we must stay aggressive and inventive on defense.

huge mistake against houston in the 2nd half ... we went prevent and we just don't have the natural pass rush to go into prevent and hold. Our LB's are a liability in cover too.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-18-2010, 11:35 PM
This is good news. Thanks