PDA

View Full Version : Here we go! The BossChief 2011 mock

BossChief
10-20-2010, 02:07 AM
1) Von Miller. This team has enouh weapons to score points, we really need a true #1 receiver, but IMO Von Miller (when healthy) is a truly elite pass rusher and would help our defense immensely. He would need a lot of work in run suppport, but I think we have the staff to help in that area.

2) Ricki Stanzi - You had to know it was coming at one point or another. I used to say that Ricki Stanzi is a player that I wouldn't touch before late 3rd or early fourth round, but with the way he is playing this year I would spend a second on him.

He is big
Strong arm
Protects the ball very well
He attacks with the ball very well
Goes through his progressions well (something he is much improved on this year)
Lots of experience in a pro set
Lots of experience being coached the way we coach
Has shown to be a clutch player over his time at Iowa...he has made the game changing plays to win not only big regular season games, but also the bowl games they have won.
Good leadership skills
Wins games
Good mobility
Very strong accuracy (something I wouldn't have said last year)
Very coachable (look at his improvement over his time in Iowa City)

Through 6 games:
68% completions
1474 yards
10.1 ypa
13 td
2 int
180 qb rating

3) Kristopher Odowd/Steve Wisniewski - (Odowd) I liked him last year and would have taken him at 50 if he was there, but he elected to come back for his senior year and some health concerns may cause him to drop to this point. If they do, I would take him in a heartbeat. This would solidify the middle of our line for years to come with a very solid set of young guards and a young beast at center. (Wisniewski) The guy is a damn good center and I doubt he lasts this long, if he does he would be a dam near perfect fit for our scheme IMO.

4) Steven Friday - I have liked what Ive seen of this kid when Ive seen him on the field. He seems to be a fairly complete backer that could be a role player at worst and a difference maker at best.

5) Derrell Johnson-Koulianos - I know there may be a bit of Iowa biased in this one, but he finds ways to get open against good defenders and makes plays. So far this year he has 7 touchdowns and has the NFL size and speed to be a good possession receiver. Maybe more, would be a very good 5th rounder.

6) used to trade up to get one of the two centers listed in round three.

7) Ronald Johnson - a good pick if his injury concerns don't hurt his ability to transition. Decent size speed ratio and Lord knows we need help at receiver. He may not have a legit chance of lasting this long though.

I know this may not be the best mock, but I feel it would give us solid players at positions of need all over the field.

Flame away

spanky 52
10-20-2010, 04:34 AM
As a noob I'll never flame anyone's mock draft unless they advocate taking Coffman out of KSU and I'm a wildcat at heart. I really like Stanzi, watched the IA-Mich game and liked what he did. Have to believe he'll go in the 2nd. Also like the Schilling kid out of Michigan on the OL. Not sold on Miller, watch a lot of Big 12 football and would rather have the Ayers kid out of UCLA. We need a couple of receivers for sure.

Mr. Kool-aid
10-20-2010, 05:32 AM
Don't want to high jack this thread. But this kid from Idaho Nathan Enderle is the real deal. He has the makings to be a great NFL QB. But to be honest, I doubt this team gives up on Cassel after 2 years. They will probably give him another weapon or 2 in this coming draft and go from there. If he flops then yes, I say we're in the market for a QB in 2012.

Chiefnj2
10-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Miller is completely overrated.

keg in kc
10-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Can't say I like any of those picks, but, hey, it's your mock, not mine.

KurtCobain
10-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Your mock's mom is fat and ugly and smells.

jerseys01
10-23-2010, 04:36 AM
Support QB

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2010, 04:39 AM
I want a Native American QB with the modern-day skills and mojo of Thorpe, and who sports a warrior's name like "Fire Walker". Or some such thing.

BossChief
10-23-2010, 11:28 PM
I want a Native American QB with the modern-day skills and mojo of Thorpe, and who sports a warrior's name like "Fire Walker". Or some such thing.

Crazy, that is what Sam Bradford means...

Saccopoo
10-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Miller is completely overrated.

Miller has played hurt all this season. He's a tough bastard and he's got the best first step and closing speed of any pass rusher in college. Ayers is a nice player, but he doesn't have the speed of Miller. We've already got an Ayers type player in Hali who is still young and is coming into his prime. A pure speed guy opposite of Hali would reap a lot of benefits in this defense.

And I wouldn't piss away a draft pick to move up for either O'Dowd, who has a lengthy list of injuries throughout his career, or Wisnewski when guys like Baxter of Arizona and Taylor of Utah will be available in the fourth round. Personally, I think that Baxter and Taylor are having substantially better seasons than Wis or O'Dowd anyway.

Ricky Stanzi in the second...jesus.

BossChief
10-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Moeaki in the third...jesus.

Do you know what the fuck you are watching? There are at least 8-10 tight ends better than him at this point.

there, I fixed your post.

Saccopoo
10-26-2010, 03:58 AM
there, I fixed your post.

At that point, it was true.

First off, prior to Moeaki, we had the worst tight end corps in the entire NFL.

Pope couldn't run a route to save his life. No one could block jack shit.

That they pissed away a fifth rounder that was very valuable at that point considering the players still on the board was ridiculous.

A lot of tight end that were available at that point are contributing to their respective teams right now. Moeaki is getting a better chance at this point simply for the fact that the Chiefs were so devoid of talent at that position that anyone even close to being skilled would have contributed as well as Moeaki has done to this point.

Bewbies
10-26-2010, 10:02 AM

That they pissed away a fifth rounder that was very valuable at that point considering the players still on the board was ridiculous.

A lot of tight end that were available at that point are contributing to their respective teams right now. Moeaki is getting a better chance at this point simply for the fact that the Chiefs were so devoid of talent at that position that anyone even close to being skilled would have contributed as well as Moeaki has done to this point.

Dammit, we got a stud at TE that starts and excels from day 1 and we could have picked up a scrub that may or may not have made the team with that extra 5th rounder!!

BossChief
10-28-2010, 06:34 PM

yur dum

veist
10-29-2010, 01:31 AM
Seriously, if they're taking a QB in the 2nd I'd be approximately a million times happier if they took Enderle than Stanzi. If Stanzi goes before the third there was a massive run on QBs.

BossChief
11-17-2010, 10:49 PM
flip flop rounds 2 and 3 and then again with rounds 5 and 7 and this would fit better at this point.

jd1020
11-18-2010, 08:46 PM
2nd rounder on Stanzi is 1-2 rounds too early. Luck/Locker will go in the first. Then 2 of the next 3 (Mallet, Ponder, Foles) will most likely drop to the 2nd round. Then you've got Enderle (or however you spell his name) from Idaho. Stanzi will be going as high as 3rd round. I would be absolutely shocked if he went any higher. I'm firmly on the drafting Stanzi bandwagon. With our pick in the first we wont be drafting a quality starting QB out of the gate. So you move on to the next important holes to fill and, IMO, thats WR and LB. Then in the 3rd picking up Stanzi.