PDA

View Full Version : Football Indianapolis Colts punter Pat McAfee arrested for public intoxication

Stinger
10-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Colts punter pat McAfee was found soaking wet and shirtless by the canal near Broad Ripple Avenue and College Avenue around 5 a.m. Tuesday morning. His blood alcohol level was .15

By Zach Myers

11:27 AM EDT, October 20, 2010

According to police a woman was sitting in her car at a red light in Broad Ripple when she noticed a shirtless man, soaking wet, approach her car. She felt as if the man was going to try to get into her car, so she pulled away and called police.

When police arrived on the scene they found a man, later identified as McAfee, sitting on the corner of Broad Ripple and College Avenue with no shirt and soaking wet. Police say that he smelled of alcohol and had clearly been drinking.

Officer Brian Silcox of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department asked McAfee if he had been swimming in the canal that runs through the city. McAfee responded that he wasn't sure. When asked how he had gotten wet, McAfee responded that 'it was raining.'

Police then asked McAfee how much he had to drink, at which point he responded "a lot cause I am drunk." He then asked: "does that mean I cannot walk home?"

At that point police felt that, considering McAfee's condition, it was too dangerous to allow him to walk home.

Following McAfee's arrest, Bill Polian, President of the Indianapolis Colts, issued the following statement:

"We are aware that Pat McAfee was arrested this morning and charged with public intoxication. We are in the process of gathering the relevant facts. When that task is complete, we will deal immediately with the issue of club discipline. Until we complete that process, we will have no further comment."

Copyright © 2010, WXIN-TV, Indianapolis

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/wxin-colts-player-arrested-102010,0,4256604.story

Hootie
10-20-2010, 10:51 AM
why couldn't the assholes just give him a ride home? Christ...it's not like he was being belligerent or anything.

Rain Man
10-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Sounds like someone was roughing the kicker.

BigChiefFan
10-20-2010, 11:01 AM
why couldn't the assholes just give him a ride home? Christ...it's not like he was being belligerent or anything.I agree.

Deberg_1990
10-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Why are we we talkin about Mannings little liquered up kicker again?

Chiefnj2
10-20-2010, 11:05 AM
why couldn't the assholes just give him a ride home? Christ...it's not like he was being belligerent or anything.

Because if he tripped on his front steps and cracked his skull open and ended up drooling the rest of his life, his family would likely sue the cops for not putting him in the drunk tank.

gblowfish
10-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Well at least he wasn't driving anywhere, that's a good thing.
I'd probably be willing to give the guy a pass on this one.
He just went out and got gooned.

Don't know why he lost his shirt...

It'll be interesting to hear the rest of the story when it comes out.

Hootie
10-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Because if he tripped on his front steps and cracked his skull open and ended up drooling the rest of his life, his family would likely sue the cops for not putting him in the drunk tank.

EXTREME scenario.

My god man...

gblowfish
10-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Story is up on the Indianapolis Star:
http://tinyurl.com/3xw9z3o

Here's his muggy. Nice that they found him a shirt:

Hootie
10-20-2010, 11:13 AM
nevermind

he deserves to be in jail

I am sick of these dudes with their long ass hair...cut that shit...

Rain Man
10-20-2010, 11:28 AM
It's possible that he wasn't drunk, but James Harrison had hit him in the head.

PunkinDrublic
10-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Well if I had to live in a shithole like Indy, getting drunk and swimming in a canal would be a viable entertainment option.

gblowfish
10-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Dude looks kinda like comedian Jon Reep.
One's from West Virginia, the other from North Carolina.

Mr. Laz
10-20-2010, 12:19 PM
why couldn't the assholes just give him a ride home? Christ...it's not like he was being belligerent or anything.this

runnercyclist
10-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Representin' The 304!