PDA

View Full Version : Football Bobby Petrino "is a gutless bastard."

Pitt Gorilla
10-20-2010, 03:25 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2010/10/20/zimmer-still-not-a-big-fan-of-petrino/

Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer is not one to mince words. So when it came time to ask him about his first return to Atlanta since the 2007 season from hell, when the Falcons went 4-12, and Petrino resigned with three games left to take the job at Arkansas, Zimmer pulled out the Ginsu knives.

Said Mike Zimmer of Bobby Petrino: “He is a coward. Put that in quotes. He ruined a bunch of people’s lives, a bunch of people’s families, kids, because he didn’t have enough nuts to stay there and finish the job. That’s the truth.”

On going back to Atlanta, Zimmer said about that season “I was never even there. As far as I am concerned. I never even was there. When a coach quits in the middle of the year and ruins a bunch of people’s families and doesn’t’ have enough guts to at least finish out the year. I am not a part of that.”

Pretty good stuff, but it gets even better in his appraisal of Petrino: “He is a coward. Put that in quotes. He ruined a bunch of people’s lives, a bunch of people’s families, kids, because he didn’t have enough nuts to stay there and finish the job. That’s the truth.”

When asked if he had seen a two days like that before, where the Falcons lost on Monday Night Football, a coach resigns and then is doing “Woo Pig Sooey” 24 hours later in front of Arkansas boosters, Zimmer said: “No, most people in football have enough courage about them and enough fight to stick through something and not quit halfway through the year. It is cowardly.

“He came in and said he resigned, he would talk to us all at a later date, walked out of the office and no one has ever talked to him since. Not that anybody wanted to.

“He’s a gutless b—–d. Quote that. I don’t give a s—.”

When told that we might might not be able to use the B word, Zimmer went one better: “How about this, gutless MF. You can use that.”

For background, before Atlanta Zimmer and Petrino had coached before. Zimmer was an assistant at Weber State for eight years, including defensive coordinator. Petrino was the wide receivers coach there in 1987-88. When Bill Parcells resigned as Dallas’ head coach and Zimmer’s contract as defensive coordinator lapsed, Petrino was able to hire him.

Two lessons out of this — you don’t mess with Mike Zimmer and Zimmer won’t be attending any Pro Days in Fayetteville anytime soon.

Pants
10-20-2010, 03:30 PM
They can't say 'bastard'?

Fritz88
10-20-2010, 03:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YJsTK.png

Pitt Gorilla
10-20-2010, 03:31 PM
They can't say 'bastard'?I prefer his alternative.

blaise
10-20-2010, 03:32 PM
And I've heard Petrino's name mentioned for the Cowboys job when Wade Phillips gets fired. That would be perfect.

Shogun
10-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Bobby Petrino has to be the worst head coach in NFL history based on expectations, results, and the way he left.

http://bloodyfists.net/forums/images/smilies/2gy3m9u.gif

Tylerthigpen!1!
10-20-2010, 03:33 PM
When asked if he had seen a two days like that before, where the Falcons lost on Monday Night Football, a coach resigns and then is doing “Woo Pig Sooey” 24 hours later in front of Arkansas boosters
Please. It is "Woo Pig Sooie".

NewChief
10-20-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm happy to have him here in Fayetteville... until he stabs us in the back. I have my doubts that we'll have him here long term. He just doesn't seem like the kind of guy to settle down in one place, and I don't think Fayetteville is exactly his dream job.

He's sure done a lot to pull our asses out of the shit hole that Houston Nutt left us in, though.

MMXcalibur
10-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Bobby Petrino is a backstabbing assclown and is one of the worst NFL coaches in history.

When Arkansas played Alabama, I couldn't cheer for either side because both teams had backstabbing assclowns for coaches.

ozarkchief
10-20-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm happy to have him here in Fayetteville... until he stabs us in the back. I have my doubts that we'll have him here long term. He just doesn't seem like the kind of guy to settle down in one place, and I don't think Fayetteville is exactly his dream job.

He's sure done a lot to pull our asses out of the shit hole that Houston Nutt left us in, though.

The Ole Missy Rebel Black Bears are happy to have the Nutty one now. Sure, they lost to Jacksonville State, but he's a winner and a fighter...he'll have them back on top in no time.

NewChief
10-20-2010, 04:28 PM
The Ole Missy Rebel Black Bears are happy to have the Nutty one now. Sure, they lost to Jacksonville State, but he's a winner and a fighter...he'll have them back on top in no time.

Heh. After that loss, I couldn't help but go to their forums and do a little reading. Let's just say that they're sick of hearing Razorback fans says, "I told you so."

Hammock Parties
10-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Mike Zimmer received a blowjob from Gunther Cunningham after this interview.

kysirsoze
10-20-2010, 04:37 PM

During

DJ's left nut
10-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Bobby Petrino is a backstabbing assclown and is one of the worst NFL coaches in history.

When Arkansas played Alabama, I couldn't cheer for either side because both teams had backstabbing assclowns for coaches.

Eh, I pulled for 'Bama.

Saban realized he was in over his head and got out of dodge when an amazing opportunity opened up in the offseason.

He didn't quit mid-season. He didn't just disappear overnight and hang his team out to dry. He left a job he wasn't happy in (and wasn't very good at) for a job that he loved and that he was excellent at, during the offseason for that job. The Dolphins had 7 months to get their new staff in place as he quit before the playoffs were even over.

I don't see anything pathological there, just a guy that realized what was best for him.

Petrino, on the other hand, is a motherfucker. He has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. His stunt in Atlanta is virtually unprecedented. There's not a place he's left that he hasn't left on fire in his wake.

A reminder from Pat Forde:

In 2003, his first year as a head coach at the University of Louisville, Petrino went behind the back of his employer and his onetime boss, Tuberville, to negotiate a deal replacing him at Auburn. He held a clandestine meeting across the Ohio River from Louisville in southern Indiana with Auburn officials, two days before both the Tigers and Cardinals played their final regular-season games.

It was, by any rendering, a spectacular bit of philandering by both interested parties.

Petrino lied about having any contact with Auburn officials -- until two reporters for The (Louisville) Courier-Journal confronted him with documentation of the private plane that brought the university president and athletic director into Petrino's backyard. I was one of the two reporters. And even when faced with the evidence, Petrino resisted telling the truth until Auburn issued a statement owning up to the whole affair.

Boxed into a corner, Petrino asked forgiveness and chalked it up to the inexperience of a "young coach." Louisville forgave him because he was 9-3 and his offense blew up scoreboards.

It wouldn't be the last time Petrino toyed with the school's loyalties, or the last time he was forgiven for doing so.

• In 2004, Petrino interviewed for the Notre Dame job and had discussions with Florida and Mississippi about their jobs. Then, on Dec. 7, he pledged his loyalty to Louisville.

"I want to make it clear that I'm not interested in any other coaching jobs, and am happy at the University of Louisville," Petrino said. "… I'm very excited about our move into the Big East, the opportunity to play in a BCS bowl game and the chance to compete for a national championship. [School president] Dr. James Ramsey and Tom Jurich, through their hard work and dedication, have made this the best job in the country. As I've stated before, Louisville is the perfect place to raise a family and I plan for all four of my children to graduate from high school in Louisville."

On Dec. 21, Petrino signed an enhanced contract to stay with the Cardinals.

On Dec. 26 -- well before the Petrino children had graduated from high school -- he interviewed with LSU to replace Saban. On Jan. 1, 2005, when it became obvious that he'd lost out to Les Miles, Petrino pulled out of consideration.

On the inside, several Louisville administrators were disappointed they had to keep him. They were sick of the game -- but there was no firing a guy who just went 12-1.

[+]• In 2005, Petrino interviewed with the Oakland Raiders. That's after telling people for years that he had no interest in coaching the pros -- college was where he wanted to be. He ultimately turned down the job and professed his commitment to the Cardinals again.

• On July 13, 2006, Petrino signed a 10-year contract worth up to $25 million -- a staggering deal for a school of Louisville's modest football heritage and fan base. The day he signed it, Petrino vowed again that Louisville was home. He made a point of insisting that a $1 million buyout provision be put into the contract, putting his money where his dissembling mouth is.

"We did want to make a statement," the disingenuous drifter said that day about the buyout. "… I wanted to make sure everyone understood -- I know I've said it -- that this is where I want to be, where my family wants to be. But I want everyone to really believe it."

Sure, he wanted everyone to believe it. Not because it was true, of course. Just because he was tired of answering questions about his wandering eye.

Five months later, he was gone to Atlanta.

Even this time around, there have been recent pronouncements of commitment to the task at hand and the people who write his checks.

On Nov. 26, Petrino told the Associated Press that he was staying in Atlanta. "I haven't given it [college coaching vacancies] one bit of thought," he said.

Shockingly, that didn't hold up, either.

Saban had second thoughts and a bit of a yellow streak. Petrino is a liar pathological liar with a defective character.

This isn't a hard choice. I would prefer to have neither a cold or cancer, but I know which one I'd choose if I had to.

Bobby Petrino is the rectal cancer of the coaching world.

Red Dawg
10-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Tell Zimmer to shut the HELL UP! It's been 3 years and I for one like Bobby and truely am glad he's the Arkansas coach. Who the hell wanted that damn dog killer Vick mess anyway.

Fugg You Zimmer. You can suck the Hogs ass!

Red Dawg
10-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Eh, I pulled for 'Bama.

Saban realized he was in over his head and got out of dodge when an amazing opportunity opened up in the offseason.

He didn't quit mid-season. He didn't just disappear overnight and hang his team out to dry. He left a job he wasn't happy in (and wasn't very good at) for a job that he loved and that he was excellent at, during the offseason for that job. The Dolphins had 7 months to get their new staff in place as he quit before the playoffs were even over.

I don't see anything pathological there, just a guy that realized what was best for him.

Petrino, on the other hand, is a mother****er. He has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. His stunt in Atlanta is virtually unprecedented. There's not a place he's left that he hasn't left on fire in his wake.

A reminder from Pat Forde:

Saban had second thoughts and a bit of a yellow streak. Petrino is a liar pathological liar with a defective character.

This isn't a hard choice. I would prefer to have neither a cold or cancer, but I know which one I'd choose if I had to.

Bobby Petrino is the rectal cancer of the coaching world.

Go Fuck yourself! Rectal cancer? You are a dumb ass douche bag.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-20-2010, 05:48 PM
LOL, Petrino is a fucking joke. I'll bump this thread when he leaves you and the program in shambles.

Red Dawg
10-20-2010, 05:51 PM
LOL, Petrino is a ****ing joke. I'll bump this thread when he leaves you and the program in shambles.

I'm a Mizzou fan from the south side of KC but I've been stationed in Ark land for over 10 years now and actually like the Hogs. Bobby did what he did but it's been three years so Zimmer should shut the fuck up and let it go. Ruined lives? I can't feel sorry for the rich. I'm sure it's tough to pack up his enormous pay check and get a new job.

DJ's left nut
10-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Go **** yourself! Rectal cancer? You are a dumb ass douche bag.

Yes, I'm sure you'd have lodged such a vociferous defense of him had he not gone to Arkansas.

Jesus, at least wipe his seed off your chin before you type next time.

DJ's left nut
10-20-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm a Mizzou fan from the south side of KC but I've been stationed in Ark land for over 10 years now and actually like the Hogs. Bobby did what he did but it's been three years so Zimmer should shut the **** up and let it go. Ruined lives? I can't feel sorry for the rich. I'm sure it's tough to pack up his enormous pay check and get a new job.

You're right.

The assistant O-line coach making $45K/season probably didn't have hard times. Nor did the scouting staff he cut loose.

You're pathetic.

Mecca
10-20-2010, 06:02 PM
We call this the nature of coaching, and I for one don't care.

DJ's left nut
10-20-2010, 06:07 PM
We call this the nature of coaching, and I for one don't care.

What Saban did is 'the nature of coaching'.

Find another instance of what Bobby Petrino did in the entire annals of the profession.

He packed his shit and disappeared over night with no warning to his players, in the middle of the damn season, only to emerge at a press conference taking a new job the next day.

That is most definitely not the nature of coaching. That's a soul-less shithead with no integrity and no spine.

KCBOSS1
10-20-2010, 06:14 PM

Uhhh no. He's just now finished coaching borrowed players. His recruits are in this year.....thus Jacksonville State beat em. He's terrible.

KCBOSS1
10-20-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm a Mizzou fan from the south side of KC but I've been stationed in Ark land for over 10 years now and actually like the Hogs. Bobby did what he did but it's been three years so Zimmer should shut the **** up and let it go. Ruined lives? I can't feel sorry for the rich. I'm sure it's tough to pack up his enormous pay check and get a new job.

Well put. He "ruined lives"....give me a break. I'm a hogs fan and I love what He's done with the Hogs so far. I did think the whole Atlanta thing was pretty crappy though.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Assistant coaching can be pretty stressful, actually.

It's not hard to see why Zimmer was pissed.

KCBOSS1
10-20-2010, 06:20 PM

I don't think so. I think he will be there for a while. He's got to stick in one spot for a while to preserve any kind of professional reputation. He won't go to Dallas.

KCBOSS1
10-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Assistant coaching can be pretty stressful, actually.

It's not hard to see why Zimmer was pissed.

I can totally see why all of them would be pissed...... but destroying peoples' lives? come on.

ozarkchief
10-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Uhhh no. He's just now finished coaching borrowed players. His recruits are in this year.....thus Jacksonville State beat em. He's terrible.

Sorry...forgot to add the *sarcasm* tag. For a coach, he's a pretty good car salesman.

Deberg_1990
10-20-2010, 06:44 PM

Saban chose Culpepper over Brees...end of story. He was actually doing a fairly decent job of turning them around before that.

ohiobronco2
10-20-2010, 06:47 PM
The SEC is perfect for Petrino and Saban. The conference is full of snake oil salesmen.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2010, 06:53 PM
I can totally see why all of them would be pissed...... but destroying peoples' lives? come on.

Imagine if you were an assistant coach with a bitch for a wife...you move to a new city and immediately have to move again because you're out of a job, because the idiot head coach left in the dead of night.

Bitch might just destroy your life.

Reaper16
10-20-2010, 07:06 PM
The SEC is perfect for Petrino and Saban. The conference is full of snake oil salesmen.
Petrino is a Snake Oil salseman. Saban sells pure, luscious petroleum.

Pitt Gorilla
10-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Tell Zimmer to shut the HELL UP! It's been 3 years and I for one like Bobby and truely am glad he's the Arkansas coach. Who the hell wanted that damn dog killer Vick mess anyway.

Fugg You Zimmer. You can suck the Hogs ass!Zimmer is an awesome guy. Why would you tell him to shut up?

T-post Tom
10-20-2010, 07:30 PM

yeah, but Gunther isn't gay, because he didn't enjoy it

FAX
10-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Found another bad one, Mr. DaFace.

FAX

SPchief
10-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Shhhh, don't let him know

KCHawg
10-20-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm beginning to think Mr. FAX is behind this, every thread he posts in is bad.............