PDA

View Full Version : Football It's been while since I posted something dumb...

Discuss Thrower
10-21-2010, 09:55 PM
So here's a shot at something that should merit some decent conversation:

In light of the NFL's crackdown on headshots, and in the case of the blown call against Brandon Flowers last week, do you think it stands to reason that the NFL should allow review for any play that meets these criteria:

1) Could warrant possible ejection (if they go that route) for a head to head hit, (consider Jarrad Page's hit in the "highlight" video; James Harrison's hit on Cribbs which looks more incidental than not)

2a) Any penalty that is called on a 3rd or 4th down that results in a 1st down for the offense.

2b) A pass interference call made in the 4th quarter that would result in a 1st down.

I would strongly argue for #1, and I think for #2b to be moot that Pass Interference should made either a spot of the foul and replay the down / conversion if made past the first down line or a 5 yard from the line of scrimmage and replay the down.

As in all of my other cockamamie threads,

DISCUS

Hammock Parties
10-21-2010, 09:57 PM
I think any pass interference call at any point in the game should be reviewed.

You can argue we lost both of our last two games because of bogus pass interference.

DaFace
10-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Review sucks.

cdcox
10-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Yeah, let's slow the game down more.

Bugeater
10-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Yeah, let's slow the game down more.
The goddamn incessant commercial breaks do more to slow the game down than reviews do.

Prince22
10-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Did we we come to the conclusion that you went to J-Town in Louisville Ky? If so, Oliver Barnett would have none of this.

threebag
10-21-2010, 10:30 PM
The network wouldn't have to ask Jeff Fisher to use his timeouts.

yhf
10-21-2010, 10:33 PM
So here's a shot at something that should merit some decent conversation:

In light of the NFL's crackdown on headshots, and in the case of the blown call against Brandon Flowers last week, do you think it stands to reason that the NFL should allow review for any play that meets these criteria:

1) Could warrant possible ejection (if they go that route) for a head to head hit, (consider Jarrad Page's hit in the "highlight" video; James Harrison's hit on Cribbs which looks more incidental than not)

2a) Any penalty that is called on a 3rd or 4th down that results in a 1st down for the offense.

2b) A pass interference call made in the 4th quarter that would result in a 1st down.

I would strongly argue for #1, and I think for #2b to be moot that Pass Interference should made either a spot of the foul and replay the down / conversion if made past the first down line or a 5 yard from the line of scrimmage and replay the down.

As in all of my other cockamamie threads,

DISCUS

Most of what you suggest makes heaps of sense.

The whole reviewing penalties bit sorta opens up a whole pandora's box/can o' worms thing that the powers that be in the NFL wouldn't touch with your dick though.

Discuss Thrower
10-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Did we we come to the conclusion that you went to J-Town in Louisville Ky? If so, Oliver Barnett would have none of this.

I am not from J-Town. My mother, however, is.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Every play should be reviewed

Thig Lyfe
10-22-2010, 01:21 AM
Every play should be reviewed

This.

And it wouldn't slow the game down any more, since coaches would still only have their two allotted challenges.