PDA

View Full Version : KU I have 2 free tickets if anybody wants them.

ArrowheadHawk
10-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Any aTm fans want tickets or to improve the ones they do have? I have two tickets on the visitor side in row 11 at the 20 yard line that I am giving away for free. You will have to sit next to me (at least until halftime).

KU fans are welcome also but I doubt anybody who doesn't already have tickets would want to go.

I'm in Topeka so I can meet you here or at the stadium.

Saul Good
10-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Still overpriced.

ArrowheadHawk
10-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Still overpriced.

If only I could have seen the collapse coming and invested my money in Basketball tickets instead.

ArrowheadHawk
10-23-2010, 10:51 AM
fans of ATM?
Texas A&M. Called aTm based on their logo.

http://www.tamug.edu/images/TAMUlogoMaroonBevel.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
10-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Fucked up man. I'm hoping my team is coming out of their dark days. I know first hand how much this blows.

ArrowheadHawk
10-23-2010, 10:54 AM
****ed up man. I'm hoping my team is coming out of their dark days. I know first hand how much this blows.

We have a lot of dark days ahead unless Gill really is a good recruiter. But then he still would have to coach them. I have seen no signs of it.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-23-2010, 10:56 AM
We have a lot of dark days ahead unless Gill really is a good recruiter. But then he still would have to coach them. I have seen no signs of it.

Good luck recruiting with the 10pm rule. Unless of course he can find a bunch of kids that want to participate nightly in the 10pm thread.

ArrowheadHawk
10-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Good luck recruiting with the 10pm rule. Unless of course he can find a bunch of kids that want to participate nightly in the 10pm thread.

This is what I get for laughing at Ron Prince. Ron Prince >>>>>> Turner Gill

Mr. Flopnuts
10-23-2010, 11:26 AM
I honestly think he'll be shit canned at the end of next year, or the year after at the latest. You guys HAVE to be missing Mangino by now.

Frazod
10-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Meh. aTm sucks. You shouldn't have any trouble with them, especially at home.

:evil:

Coach
10-23-2010, 11:30 AM
I honestly think he'll be shit canned at the end of next year, or the year after at the latest. You guys HAVE to be missing Mangino by now.

Nope. Not with that contract. Not to mention, the university is still paying Mangino.

eazyb81
10-23-2010, 11:31 AM
If only I could have seen the collapse coming and invested my money in Basketball tickets instead.

We tried to warn you.

ArrowheadHawk
10-23-2010, 12:07 PM
We tried to warn you.

I'm a homer..

Saul Good
10-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Nope. Not with that contract. Not to mention, the university is still paying Mangino.

Exactly. I believe that his contract is guaranteed to the tune of $2,000,000 per year for 5 years. Between that and the debt left behind by Lew, Radio is going to be working the sideline for years and years.

Kyle DeLexus
10-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Exactly. I believe that his contract is guaranteed to the tune of $2,000,000 per year for 5 years. Between that and the debt left behind by Lew, Radio is going to be working the sideline for years and years.

Yep. I don't know if I even want to drive over there to watch anymore. The good news is, it's about time that students will stop going, so we don't have to go 2 hours early to get our seats.

If I do decide to go, I'll be leaving early enough to get hammered so I can actually watch the game.

Saul Good
10-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Yep. I don't know if I even want to drive over there to watch anymore. The good news is, it's about time that students will stop going, so we don't have to go 2 hours early to get our seats.

If I do decide to go, I'll be leaving early enough to get hammered so I can actually watch the game.

As much as I like to bag on KU, the rivalry is a lot more fun when KU isn't in shambles. Right now, I don't see any reason to be optimistic that this program is going to do anything but get even worse. They might be the worst team in a BCS conference.

It looks like MU, KU, and KSU will all be pretty good this year. If all 3 can keep it up, that will make for a nice distraction in the offseason.

Pitt Gorilla
10-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Exactly. I believe that his contract is guaranteed to the tune of $2,000,000 per year for 5 years. Between that and the debt left behind by Lew, Radio is going to be working the sideline for years and years.Why in the world would they give him that contract after what they just went through with the Fatman?

Saul Good
10-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Why in the world would they give him that contract after what they just went through with the Fatman?

They didn't want to keep history waiting.

ArrowheadHawk
10-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Why in the world would they give him that contract after what they just went through with the Fatman?

Perkins left us one more big FUCK YOU!

ArrowheadHawk
10-23-2010, 02:44 PM
They didn't want to keep history waiting.

Perkins could raise money but he sure sucks at hiring coaches and giving them contracts.

Saul Good
10-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Perkins could raise money but he sure sucks at hiring coaches and giving them contracts.

He didn't raise enough. They are under a mountain of debt.

ArrowheadHawk
10-23-2010, 02:46 PM
He didn't raise enough. They are under a mountain of debt.

We have some damn nice facilities though.

Saul Good
10-23-2010, 02:47 PM
We have some damn nice facilities though.

Luxury awaits

ArrowheadHawk
10-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Luxury awaits

You are getting it all wrong. The truth is it should be "Basketball Awaits"

ArrowheadHawk
10-23-2010, 02:50 PM
On a side note I did find some KU fans that will take free tickets. Lucky for me. Too bad the face value is $90.00. Thats is almost $200 worth of tickets I'm giving away for free. :( FML

Phobia
10-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Lots of free tix out there. Had a friend offer some to me earlier.

BryanBusby
10-23-2010, 03:27 PM
fans of ATM?

Ass to Mouth ftw

Saulbadguy
10-23-2010, 05:13 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg340/scaled.php?tn=0&server=340&filename=ijce.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Tonights crowd.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2010, 05:37 PM
What do you expect after the ass beatings we've taken in the last two weeks.

Bearcat
10-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Tonights crowd.

Wherever those fans are and whatever they're doing, I think they made the right choice.

ArrowheadHawk
10-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I couldn't bring myself to leave at half but I left after the third quarter. The Mrs said we will not be renewing. The money I spent on football will go toward basketball next season. I'm officially off the Gill wagon.

Bambi
10-23-2010, 08:54 PM
I couldn't bring myself to leave at half but I left after the third quarter. The Mrs said we will not be renewing. The money I spent on football will go toward basketball next season. I'm officially off the Gill wagon.

Fair or not but the new AD will be hiring a new football coach.

There's just no excuse for what's going on.

Tactical Funky
10-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Tonight was the first time I've ever left a KU football game early, but mainly because my friends insisted on leaving and I didn't want to be left behind to my own devices (shared misery is always the better option). This season is simply unbearable. I mean, I knew it was going to be tough after losing so many key players - and yet we still went 1-7 in conference play with said players last season - but this...this is simply a shitstorm of epic proportions. We have no QB that actually resembles a QB, our O-line sucks, our defense might as well be Swiss cheese, our players are slow, undersized, and out of shape, and our coaching staff appears to be doing no coaching whatsoever.

Sweet season. If this is karma for 2007, well, I think we've had enough already. :doh!:

KC_Connection
10-23-2010, 11:12 PM
What were some of you guys expecting? A winning record? This team lost like 6 straight games to end last year, and that was with Reesing, Meier, and Briscoe still actually on the roster. This was a bad team last year, and there wasn't any reason to think they'd be good this year. It's not Turner Gill's fault that they hyped him and this team up as a winner this season and you blindly bought into it.

Really, firing Gill after one season of failure simply isn't justifiable, no matter how bad this team is doing. Mangino had a season just like this in his first year, did he not?

Saul Good
10-23-2010, 11:33 PM
What were some of you guys expecting? A winning record? This team lost like 6 straight games to end last year, and that was with Reesing, Meier, and Briscoe still actually on the roster. This was a bad team last year, and there wasn't any reason to think they'd be good this year. It's not Turner Gill's fault that they hyped him and this team up as a winner this season and you blindly bought into it.

Really, firing Gill after one season of failure simply isn't justifiable, no matter how bad this team is doing. Mangino had a season just like this in his first year, did he not?

Saul Good
10-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Fair or not but the new AD will be hiring a new football coach.

There's just no excuse for what's going on.

I hope he's got an $8,000,000 bill in his wallet. Otherwise, what you've seen is what you get for 4 more years.

Bearcat
10-24-2010, 12:16 AM

They were competitive last year... IIRC, they had at least a glimmer of hope against OU and Nebraska, they lost to Mizzou by a couple...

I wasn't expecting them to be good, and some people do seem to lose sight of what you said as far as being bad last year then losing their top players... but they not only look like a I-AA school, they're in the bottom 10 of scoring offense and scoring defense, so they practically are one.

In the end though, I agree they should still give him another year or 2, if for no other reason than the simple question --- who would want to replace him?

Saulbadguy
10-24-2010, 05:01 AM

Pussy.

Saulbadguy
10-24-2010, 05:04 AM

Mangino won 2 games his first year, although the losses weren't quite as bad.

ArrowheadHawk
10-24-2010, 07:53 AM

Quality post.