PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs cut Jeremy Horne

Sure-Oz
10-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Verran Tucker-WR-Chiefs Oct. 23 - 8:25 pm et

The Chiefs promoted WR Verran Tucker from the practice squad, and cut WR Jeremy Horne.
Neither Horne nor Tucker have any fantasy value whatsoever as Kansas City's fifth wideout.
Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Related: Jeremy Horne

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2010, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the practice squad

Coach
10-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Hmm... I'm just a bit shocked to see he'd be cut....

alpha_omega
10-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Interesting.
Has he touched the ball this year?

RealSNR
10-23-2010, 07:54 PM
But he was so promising ROFL

Coach
10-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Interesting.
Has he touched the ball this year?

He has one pass thrown to him that I know of, and Cassel being Cassel, overthrew it.

He was wide open, that I know.

Chiefs Rool
10-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Well, bye

RealSNR
10-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Maybe Verran Tucker can get some playing time!

You know it's coming. People are so desperate for a big play guy to come from the undrafted ranks. The Chiefs have had so many of these prospies come in only to cut them that season or a season later when a flashier undrafted guy shows up and eventually does nothing.

By the way, does anybody know the last first year undrafted WR to catch a pass for the Chiefs?

Richard Smith in 2004.

These guys never work out. There are far more Jeremy Hornes than there are Miles Austins.

Chiefs Rool
10-23-2010, 08:02 PM

You know it's coming. People are so desperate for a big play guy to come from the undrafted ranks. The Chiefs have had so many of these prospies come in only to cut them that season or a season later when a flashier undrafted guy shows up and eventually does nothing.

By the way, does anybody know the last first year undrafted WR to catch a pass for the Chiefs?

Richard Smith in 2004.

These guys never work out. There are far more Jeremy Hornes than there are Miles Austins.

wise words are spoken

RealSNR
10-23-2010, 08:05 PM
Want to know an undrafted WR who is currently kicking ass for the Chiefs and has actually caught something besides a cold recently?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/67/Terrance_Copper.JPG/250px-Terrance_Copper.JPG

Eat it, haters.

Rain Man
10-23-2010, 08:24 PM

Richard Smith in 2004.

I still think Richard Smith has some potential for us.

I th

salame
10-23-2010, 08:50 PM
SON OF A BITCH I bought a Jeremy Horne replica jersey

AndChiefs
10-23-2010, 08:51 PM
There goes the season.

BossChief
10-23-2010, 08:53 PM
ROFL

Lance "The Whiter Wes Welker" Long is on Jacksonville practice squad... ROFL

BigRock
10-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Fescoe said he saw Horne in a walking cast this week. Probably an injury thing.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Meh

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Babb on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/kentbabb

As reported here this past week, Horne had an apparently injured right foot/ankle. Chiefs didn't appear willing to wait on him to heal

dirk digler
10-23-2010, 10:53 PM
That sucks I liked Horne and thought he had a lot of potential.

RustShack
10-23-2010, 10:57 PM
But he was so promising ROFL

Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with us having like three WR's last week because Horne was hurt and inactive... and Chambers being on and off the field with an injury last week too. He will be on the PS.

ArrowheadMagic
10-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Babb on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/kentbabb

As reported here this past week, Horne had an apparently injured right foot/ankle. Chiefs didn't appear willing to wait on him to heal

Better known as an injury settlement. YEAH.......... gonna guess most teams dont pick up guys that are injured..... at least not guys at his level.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Thank GOD we still have Copper!

RealSNR
10-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Thank GOD we still have Copper!Curious. You mock Copper's presence on this team while you should be damned thankful such a fine player is a Kansas City Chief.

"Know your role. Do your job." Nobody fulfills this mantra on the team better than Terrance Copper.

MMXcalibur
10-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Damn, guess I'll have to cut him from my fantasy team...

RealSNR
10-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with us having like three WR's last week because Horne was hurt and inactive... and Chambers being on and off the field with an injury last week too. He will be on the PS.He'll be on the PS, carried over into next season's roster, and continually held up as a hidden star by all fans who think this is Narnia and that fantasy and illusion matter.

He's never shown the fans or coaching staff outside of athletic measurables that he can play WR in this league. A similar scenario would be the beginning of the 2008 season, where both Croyle and Huard go down to injury, but Tyler Thigpen had already gone down in practice a week or two earlier. So the coaching staff cuts Thigpen and people say, "Hey, he was probably better than Croyle or Huard and might have been a good player."

Might have yes. Maybe in a few years Horne can be a special teams contributer like Copper and see the field on blocking routes like the ones Sippio ran some years ago. And maybe by that time some large morsel of meat falls off the dinner plate into his hands and he catches it just like that one (emphasis on singular) incredibly easy TD catch in preseason. That would make his career, what... an UDFA WR who participates on special teams, blocking, and has few catches and scores to his name in his entire career.

Terrence Copper. Horne is Terrence Copper, whom you all hate.

Interesting.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2010, 02:14 AM
Curious. You mock Copper's presence on this team while you should be damned thankful such a fine player is a Kansas City Chief.

"Know your role. Do your job." Nobody fulfills this mantra on the team better than Terrance Copper.

Mmm Hmm..

TimeForWasp
10-24-2010, 06:02 AM
Curious. You mock Copper's presence on this team while you should be damned thankful such a fine player is a Kansas City Chief.

I agree. for a reciever not playing on the offence you sure hear his name called alot for blocking and doing his job on special teams

Red Dawg
10-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Tuckdaddy has been promoted! Go TUCKER U MUGASUCKER!